Type keyword(s) to search

The Good Doctor in the Media

Trini
  • Start Topic

My family's primary physician looks S OOOO much like Dr. Murphy.  He's much older, but, looks so young.  I'm trying to locate a photo of him to post.  It's unreal.  I asked him if he watched the show and shared my opinion.   

• Love 2
On 2/5/2019 at 1:43 PM, Lady Calypso said:

The Good Doctor renewed for a third season

My hope is without Lea and/or Glassman.

This. Especially Lea. I have nothing against the actress, but Lea's scenes add nothing to the show. In fact, her scenes with Shawn represent wasted time that he could be spending with his fellow residents, either in or out of the hospital. He barely interacted with Claire this season, and that's one of my favorite relationships.

The show just doesn't know what to do with Glassman, and his scenes drag. Writers, either figure out what to do with Glassman or put him out of his misery (and ours).

• Love 1
4 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

I wish they would bring Glassman back to work at the hospital. Then he would be interacting with someone other that Shaun all Lea ALL THE TIME.

Yeah, even if it is just something like "president emeritus" or some kind of generic board position

• Love 1

I think we will get more scenes of Shaun showing his talent in general during Season 3 for sure. It was obvious during Season 2 that he is San Jose's life jacket, so to say.

• Love 1

Considering how things ended with Shaun and Carly last season, that makes total sense, of course. Very happy to hear that news-will be fun to see how things play out between them next season, and hopefully this means we can learn more about Carly on her own as well. 

Shame to hear that about Tomita, though, 'cause I like her. At least she'll still be on the show, so that's good. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Annber03 said:

Shame to hear that about Tomita, though, 'cause I like her. At least she'll still be on the show, so that's good. 

Yeah, the greatly reduced presence of her character was one of my disappointments with last season. I'm not sure if more Jasika will make up for it, but I'm glad she's a regular now.

• Love 1

As someone who liked the Karate Kid movies growing up, I can only hope that Tamlyn Tomita going into a recurring role on  The Good Doctor means that she's been working with the KK reboot, Cobra Kai. ;) it is a shame to see her not be in as many episodes of this show, though.

• Love 1

Will Yun Lee interview; he talks about THe Good Doctor, his son, and other projects: https://www.tvinsider.com/808631/will-yun-lee-the-good-doctor-season-3/

You returned to set building on this momentum with last year graduating to series regular. What’s the feeling like on set for season three? 

Will Yun Lee: The shows are great again. We have a new character that was introduced that comes to the forefront in the first episode that you see in the trailer. The question of will Dr. Shaun [Murphy] (Freddie Highmore) find love? He brings such a fun part to that role. There is the light side and humor to the show. We get revealed kind of like the audience gets revealed. We may get scripts about a week or two in advance. From what we shot so far, I can tell you it’s just as good with some fresh stories being told. I think David Shore is great at what he does. There will be a lot of laughing and tear-jerker moments. 

When it comes to Dr. Park, how much of him do you see in yourself being a dad and husband? 

What I love about the character is that he is a human first. There is no taking over the world. There is no magic involved. He is just a guy who faces real world problems. Part of those problems is navigating work and family life. I think we are going to explore that this season. We see him struggling with it last season getting introduced to his wife and son. I think he goes through what a lot of parents go through. How do I balance life and work and be great at both. What I like about him is that he is the oldest resident in the hospital, so he brings a sense of calm. He is analytical in a lot of ways. It’s a different perspective on how each resident kind of helps solve the diagnosis of the week. He offers that older analytical process to it. 

• Love 2

Oh, my god, what a scary situation :(. Poor kid. I'm glad that they were able to finally figure out what was wrong and that their son is doing better now. Here's hoping their story can prove helpful to others as well. 

Congrats to Freddie Highmore on his Critics' Choice nomination!

https://tvline.com/2019/12/08/critics-choice-awards-nominations-2020-full-list-tv-nominees/

Best Actor in a Drama Series
Sterling K. Brown, This Is Us (NBC)
Mike Colter, Evil (CBS)
Paul Giamatti, Billions (Showtime)
Kit Harington, Game of Thrones (HBO)
Freddie Highmore, The Good Doctor (ABC)
Tobias Menzies, The Crown (Netflix)
Billy Porter, Pose (FX)
Jeremy Strong, Succession (HBO)

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 3

He does make a bit of mention in the article about moving on and finding "the next challenge" as an actor, so maybe some of it was borne out of that, too, on his end? Or maybe that's just his way of being professional about the whole thing? 

I dunno. But I really liked him and his character, and I'm sad to see him go. I agree with his mentions of other storylines that would've been interesting to continue and explore further. Best of luck to him with whatever he does next. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Annber03 said:

He does make a bit of mention in the article about moving on and finding "the next challenge" as an actor, so maybe some of it was borne out of that, too, on his end? Or maybe that's just his way of being professional about the whole thing? 

I don’t know. I think he’s trying to make the best out of a bad situation. When actors want to leave, they usually talk about their character arcs being complete. And Melendez’s clearly was not. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

I dunno. But I really liked him and his character, and I'm sad to see him go. I agree with his mentions of other storylines that would've been interesting to continue and explore further. Best of luck to him with whatever he does next. 

I honestly took that situation as him taking the high road. He was let go from his job, which was NOT his choice, but he's trying to make most out of a difficult situation. He obviously isn't happy to leave, but he doesn't have any say in the matter and he probably does respect the people working on this show, even the showrunner, enough to not badmouth them.

• Love 8

If you seen his IG Live it’s Christina, he was definitely not happy with the decision of killing of Melendez at all. That TvLine interview with him definitely was his professional side coming out cause, Everything else shows he is rightfully pissed.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, ShortyMac said:

It wasn't Gonzalez's choice to leave. It was a creative decision. Grrr.

https://tvline.com/2020/03/30/the-good-doctor-melendez-dead-nicholas-gonzalez-interview/ 

One thing I took from this is that he wasn’t that into the idea of Claire/Melendez at this time. He was more invested in Lim/Melendez. I kind of agree. Like he said I saw Claire and Melendez as potentially a long burn that could be explored a few seasons from now when she’s not his student but right now it didn’t fit at all as she was so junior to him. It was always going to come off as skeezy to me. They obviously accelerated his relationship with Lim and Feelings for Claire to accommodate the death and that sucks as would have been a great Long term plan.

• Love 4

A couple more interviews with Nick Gonzalez: at EW and TV Insider.

----

11 hours ago, CheetaraThunder said:

If you seen his IG Live it’s Christina, he was definitely not happy with the decision of killing of Melendez at all. That TvLine interview with him definitely was his professional side coming out cause, Everything else shows he is rightfully pissed.

Is there a way to see this without instagram?

• Love 1

So the Shaun/Lea kiss is what they were writing to since the season opener?

Shore is proud of the way they brought Shaun and Lea is together because they avoided having Shaun simply save Lea's life. "We had Shaun prove, and more accurate remind her who he is, which reminded her or informs her — not that she owes him anything or anything along those lines — that when she rejected him, she was wrong [and] that Shaun is a great person and would make a great boyfriend," he says. "When he gives her crap at the end of that prior episode, she knows even then [and starts thinking], 'Was I wrong?' And in [the season 3 finale], as she listens to him, it reminds her of who he is as a human being [and] she realizes she was simply wrong. She doesn't change her mind."

No David, she wasn't wrong.

Given this, I'm going to assume that Shaun won't be seeing a therapist any time soon because Shore thinks he's just fine as he is.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 3/31/2020 at 5:13 AM, ShortyMac said:

It wasn't Gonzalez's choice to leave. It was a creative decision. Grrr.

https://tvline.com/2020/03/30/the-good-doctor-melendez-dead-nicholas-gonzalez-interview/ 

This just sucks.

I don't know what happened to this show. It used to be my happy place but this season has been nothing short of terrible.

As for Lea and Shaun, Lea telling him that she couldn't be his girlfriend because of his autism was supposed to be the final nail in the coffin. I don't know how you can come back from that and the finale did nothing to solve that plot point.

The Shaun and Lea pairing is so weird to me. When shows want to push an OTP they usually have other characters say good things about the couple. Here everyone talks about how flaky Lea is or how Shaun needs to move on but we're somehow supposed to look at them as this epic romance. It's like the writers are aware that the couple is terrible but are doing it anyway.

Speaking of, are we even supposed to like Shaun? This obsessed jerk isn't the same character I adored in season 1.

• Love 5