Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

Count me in as someone eagerly anticipating Ron's writing. I liked quite a bit of what he did on GH, it's now back to being a completely unbalanced mess. Was Ron's GH perfect? Not by a long shot, but I actually think he will be better suited for Days. He likes mining a soaps history and he can be a little campy and fun, personally I think Days lends itself to that style of writing far more then GH. 

• Love 6
(edited)

The ship has totally sailed on Adrienne and Justin from where I sit. I've seen them together and separately since 2012 and there's nothing there that would make me root for them. Bring on Justin/Eve I say and start groundwork for Lucas/Sami while Lucas/Anne have their fun. Adrienne needs to fly solo. I think she's much more likeable working with Jennifer on the paper (which we never see) than juggling men. It's okay to be a single middle-aged divorced woman in the real world - can't it be in soaps?

I wonder if Kate will be a villainess or sympathetic figure under Ron. She's sort of in standby right now.

I really hope Ron lines up Jennifer Lilley for a spring return. The Theresa plot can't stay unresolved forever, especially with moron Brady thinking she's on a bender and abandoning Tate.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 6
34 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:

I don't care who Adrienne is with but I don't like her with Lucas.

I don't like them because - and maybe I'm wrong and it's all in my head - but isn't there a huge age gap?  She could be close to his mother?  Which I guess there is nothing actually wrong with that, but they don't "fit."

• Love 1

I never watched GH or OLTL. I don't know what Ron is capable of except from I've read here and DR. So, I am anxious to see what he does and hopefully I won't feel like I do now and that is why the hell I am watching this show.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

isn't there a huge age gap?  She could be close to his mother?  Which I guess there is nothing actually wrong with that, but they don't "fit."

It's not that big of a gap.  Adrienne was 20-ish in 1987, and Lucas was 20-ish in 1993.  There was so much that changed on the show between those years, though, and those eras don't really "talk" to each other that well.

I still have a soft spot for Justin and Adrienne.  I thought their reunion story in 2011 or 2012 was one of the better ones in recent years, even though it was a C story.  I've always liked that they are different among the supercouples -- they have affairs and breakup, and they can make amends without a lot of the BS that Steve and Kayla and Bo and Hope have to go through.  I always thought the point was to get them back together, but Dena really whiffed the whole triangle.  They should have used Adrienne's cancer a lot differently in the story.

• Love 3

Well, tomorrow is Jade's last day (whether for now or permanently, I don't know), so I wonder if her final act in Salem is telling Tripp who really killed Ava?  It would be a fitting way for her to go out -- delivering one last gut-punch to Joey's life, as well as Steve and Kayla's lives.

• Love 1

Interesting. I can't say I'm surprised with how skeevy he's acting in this whole Abigail mess of a storyline. Must not have been a character worth saving in Ron's mind even though JV is a capable actor.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Jordi Vilasuso is out.  Don't know his last day.

He airs through August and then has a couple dates in September, I think. I've read a bit here and there that say it was generally over in August. We'll see.

I like Jordi. He can act. I've never cared about Dario, though...even back in 2011-2012.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Good for him.  He's too good of an actor to be saddled to this show and poor writing.  I hope he gets something bigger and better.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

He airs through August and then has a couple dates in September, I think. I've read a bit here and there that say it was generally over in August. We'll see.

I like Jordi. He can act. I've never cared about Dario, though...even back in 2011-2012.

He should have been cast as Alex Kiriakis,  Justin and Adrienne's oldest son.. What a waste!

13 hours ago, lska said:

It's not that big of a gap.  Adrienne was 20-ish in 1987, and Lucas was 20-ish in 1993.  There was so much that changed on the show between those years, though, and those eras don't really "talk" to each other that well.

I still have a soft spot for Justin and Adrienne.  I thought their reunion story in 2011 or 2012 was one of the better ones in recent years, even though it was a C story.  I've always liked that they are different among the supercouples -- they have affairs and breakup, and they can make amends without a lot of the BS that Steve and Kayla and Bo and Hope have to go through.  I always thought the point was to get them back together, but Dena really whiffed the whole triangle.  They should have used Adrienne's cancer a lot differently in the story.

I still love Justin and Adrienne together. I hope that they get back together.   Justin and Adrienne are tied together, they will always get back together. When Judy wanted to leave the show, years ago, Wally wanted to stay on the show as Justin. The show said no and that Justin/Adrienne had to leave the show together. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

So the Hernandez bubble has burst.  That didn't take too long, in the scheme of things.  Momma comes, then goes, followed by Dad, now Dario.

Yet we're stuck with Rafe....apparently a chronic condition with no cure in sight.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, boes said:

So the Hernandez bubble has burst.  That didn't take too long, in the scheme of things.  Momma comes, then goes, followed by Dad, now Dario.

Yet we're stuck with Rafe....apparently a chronic condition with no cure in sight.

He is the new Daniel. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

He is the new Daniel. 

Let's hope he never gets that bad.  At least he's never performed open-heart-transplant-whatever surgery in the middle of a prison and left NO SCARS.  

• Love 6

Week of July 24

Monday July 24:

It's double the trouble as a pair of mischief-makers devise plans for revenge.

Tuesday July 25:

Jennifer confronts Brady about using her to try to keep Nicole and Eric apart.

Wednesday July 26:

A fight erupts between Chad and Gabi.

Thursday July 27:

Gabi is surprised to learn her brother has been arrested.

Abigail and Andre are desperate to get their hands on Theo’s laptop to save Chad.

Friday July 28:

An attempt is made on someone's life.

• Love 4

The July 24-28 spoilers sound really good.  I'm looking forward to Ron's shows. I just have to get back into the habit of remembering to watch every day.

On 7/12/2017 at 6:58 PM, Mama No Life said:

Oh goodie.  So he has no new ideas and his only solution is to reestablish all the old couples?

Guess Jack will be showing up for Jennifer any day.

Wait, THAT idea I like.  But not the rest. Move on dude.

For now, I want him to reestablish the old couples.  I still long for a resemblance to the show I fell in love with back in the 80's. Where Shawn and Caroline were married and involved in their children's lives.  Then the bombshell of Bo's paternity was introduced.   So it was not like they were just a boring married couple.

I would love nothing more than Bo and Hope to still be married and the show focus on Shawn Douglas (always loved his name) and Ciara.  But Bo's gone, as are both Hope's kids, and we're stuck with Rope. ☹️

So if I can't have Bo & Hope's family, I want Marlena and John together, and Steve and Kayla, and Lucas and Adrienne, and Jack (please) and Jennifer, all interacting with their kids.  Let the "youngun's" have marital problems and affairs, but leave the "old couples" together. At least for a while.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

The July 24-28 spoilers sound really good.  I'm looking forward to Ron's shows. I just have to get back into the habit of remembering to watch every day.

For now, I want him to reestablish the old couples.  I still long for a resemblance to the show I fell in love with back in the 80's. Where Shawn and Caroline were married and involved in their children's lives.  Then the bombshell of Bo's paternity was introduced.   So it was not like they were just a boring married couple.

I would love nothing more than Bo and Hope to still be married and the show focus on Shawn Douglas (always loved his name) and Ciara.  But Bo's gone, as are both Hope's kids, and we're stuck with Rope. ☹️

So if I can't have Bo & Hope's family, I want Marlena and John together, and Steve and Kayla, and Lucas and Adrienne, and Jack (please) and Jennifer, all interacting with their kids.  Let the "youngun's" have marital problems and affairs, but leave the "old couples" together. At least for a while.

I love your post. The supercouples should be together and stable being pulled into their children's lives.   I would want Shane and Kimberly together on  the show. I hope the show fix Theresa's characterization. I never warmed up to her because it made Kim and Shane look bad. I know that I am a minority on here, but, she can stay gone. 

• Love 2

I think you can be decent people and have out-of-control offspring. Even Theresa said the big issues were that her mother fell into depressions whenever Shane left town on a mission, and that Theresa discovered she could get more attention in school by acting out. None of that reflects badly on Shane/Kim...except letting her go on a suicide seduction mission as Mateo's concubine. THAT was crazy.

...I will concede that it was lousy of Kim not to support Theresa's fashion design interests though. Apparently she wanted Theresa interested in something that would contribute more to society...hopefully if these three return to Salem they can work through their issues. I definitely don't think they're bad parents....

Heck, they showed up to stage an intervention when Theresa overdosed.

It's double the trouble as a pair of mischief-makers devise plans for revenge.

Hmmmm....Xander and....um...Andre? They're hardly "mischief makers". Anne? Oh wait, it's Hattie and Morgan Fairchild right?

Are the episodes after the 17th completely Ron's, or just rewritten Dena crap?

Jennifer confronts Brady about using her to try to keep Nicole and Eric apart.

I like this! The Jennifer/Brady friendship really works.

An attempt is made on someone's life.

Please be Rafe and please be successful. Gabi can exist on her own.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

While Rafe no longer is on my radar since he and Sami finally ended years ago, I wouldn't be bothered if Rafe was gone. Gabi will be fine. She is friends with everyone in her age group and clicks with most of them.

• Love 3

More on July 24

Monday, July 24, 2017
Eric alerts Jennifer to Brady's ulterior motive. 

Tuesday, July 25, 2017
Abigail & Theo race against the clock to protect Chad. 

Wed, July 26, 2017
Steve distracts Kayla from her problems at the hospital with a romantic evening.

Thursday, July 27, 2017
Chad, Abigail & Dario face off. 

Friday, July 28, 2017
Steve has a startling realization about Tripp. 

Marlena's plans take a surprising turn. 

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I think you can be decent people and have out-of-control offspring. Even Theresa said the big issues were that her mother fell into depressions whenever Shane left town on a mission, and that Theresa discovered she could get more attention in school by acting out. None of that reflects badly on Shane/Kim...except letting her go on a suicide seduction mission as Mateo's concubine. THAT was crazy.

...I will concede that it was lousy of Kim not to support Theresa's fashion design interests though. Apparently she wanted Theresa interested in something that would contribute more to society...hopefully if these three return to Salem they can work through their issues. I definitely don't think they're bad parents....

Heck, they showed up to stage an intervention when Theresa overdosed.

Hmmmm....Xander and....um...Andre? They're hardly "mischief makers". Anne? Oh wait, it's Hattie and Morgan Fairchild right?

Are the episodes after the 17th completely Ron's, or just rewritten Dena crap?

I like this! The Jennifer/Brady friendship really works.

I never bought that Kim would stifle Theresa from pursuing her dream of being a fashion designer. Kim was a photographer and that is how she met Shane. She took a picture of Stefano's secret island and Shane wanted it, to find Stefano's. That is how they bonded as friends. They were both traumatized by painful events in their past. Shane' s pain came from the death of his late wife Emma. Kim's came from her sexual abuse at the hands of her uncle Eric whom everybody adored.  She kept it a secret  for years and suffered in silence. Kim felt compelled to stay quiet because she was expected to be the best and the brightest, as her father liked to call her. Shawn never realized the pressure that he put on Kim. In that respect, Kim would never put undo pressure on her children. So Kim not accepting Theresa as she was, was BS.Kim was also a psychiatrist and she would know how to reach her. Her relationship with Eve was contentious at times, but, Kim never gave up on her. She lost her first daughter, fighting to protect Eve. So, this notion that Kim wouldn't fight for Theresa is another caca by writers who knew nothing about Kim and Shane. If they did, they would know that the name Jeannie is important to them and why Kim gave her that name. Theresa never grew up with her parents. They were divorced for all of her life. Theresa was believed to be Cal's and not Shane. It is why Shane was so moved when Kim told him that she named her baby Jeannie after his mother. 

As far as, Kim being a fragile flower crying, whenever Shane was on a mission is another retcon, to make Theresa palatable. Kim was a heroine that drove stories. She always got herself into trouble. Sami got that from her. She was an active participant in trying to get the goods on Victor. Shane did not want that. Her participation backfired on her and she paid for that. The Miami storyline was divine. Shane always marveled at Kim's strength and her tenacity to fight. Kim was never a weak and passive woman.  She is a survivor. A survivor of incest and sexual abuse. Theresa could kick rocks. I want Jeannie Donovan.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

I'm liking the spoilers, but it's all in the execution. After a while, Ron's GH drove me away and I still haven't really looked back. However, you can't really go wrong with Steve and Kayla romance, though, so there's that.  

See ya, Dario. I won't miss ya. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I never bought that Kim would stifle Theresa from pursuing her dream of being a fashion designer. Kim was a photographer and that is how she met Shane. She took a picture of Stefano's secret island and Shane wanted it, to find Stefano's. That is how they bonded as friends. They were both traumatized by painful events in their past. Shane' s pain came from the death of his late wife Emma. Kim's came from her sexual abuse at the hands of her uncle Eric whom everybody adored.  She kept it a secret  for years and suffered in silence. Kim felt compelled to stay quiet because she was expected to be the best and the brightest, as her father liked to call her. Shawn never realized the pressure that he put on Kim. In that respect, Kim would never put undo pressure on her children. So Kim not accepting Theresa as she was, was BS.Kim was also a psychiatrist and she would know how to reach her. Her relationship with Eve was contentious at times, but, Kim never gave up on her. She lost her first daughter, fighting to protect Eve. So, this notion that Kim wouldn't fight for Theresa is another caca by writers who knew nothing about Kim and Shane. If they did, they would know that the name Jeannie is important to them and why Kim gave her that name. Theresa never grew up with her parents. They were divorced for all of her life. Theresa was believed to be Cal's and not Shane. It is why Shane was so moved when Kim told him that she named her baby Jeannie after his mother. 

As far as, Kim being a fragile flower crying, whenever Shane was on a mission is another retcon, to make Theresa palatable. Kim was a heroine that drove stories. She always got herself into trouble. Sami got that from her. She was an active participant in trying to get the goods on Victor. Shane did not want that. Her participation backfired on her and she paid for that. The Miami storyline was divine. Shane always marveled at Kim's strength and her tenacity to fight. Kim was never a weak and passive woman.  She is a survivor. A survivor of incest and sexual abuse. Theresa could kick rocks. I want Jeannie Donovan.

I could see the Kim who was all about helping traumatized people--people who had been through horrendous abuse for example--wanting both of her children to have careers that were meaningful.  Didn't Andrew become a doctor, so I could see Kim being massively proud of her son's studying medicine and saving lives and in turn not being that impressed by her daughter's wanting to be a fashion designer--I'm sure Kim didn't laugh at her dreams but she probably discouraged Theresa and tried to push her more into a medical career and I'm sure Theresa was not the easiest person to talk to so the minute she saw her mom wasn't cheer-leading her plans, she probably shut down and turned even more wild.

I also think the show did a good job of showing Kim's being pretty fragile, especially when she had her whole multiple personality disorder--I can also imagine that Theresa was a difficult child for two parents to deal with, never mind a single parent who was having trouble coping.  So in other words, I could see Kim's having problems dealing with a out of control child which Jeanie T definitely was.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I could see the Kim who was all about helping traumatized people--people who had been through horrendous abuse for example--wanting both of her children to have careers that were meaningful.  Didn't Andrew become a doctor, so I could see Kim being massively proud of her son's studying medicine and saving lives and in turn not being that impressed by her daughter's wanting to be a fashion designer--I'm sure Kim didn't laugh at her dreams but she probably discouraged Theresa and tried to push her more into a medical career and I'm sure Theresa was not the easiest person to talk to so the minute she saw her mom wasn't cheer-leading her plans, she probably shut down and turned even more wild.

I also think the show did a good job of showing Kim's being pretty fragile, especially when she had her whole multiple personality disorder--I can also imagine that Theresa was a difficult child for two parents to deal with, never mind a single parent who was having trouble coping.  So in other words, I could see Kim's having problems dealing with a out of control child which Jeanie T definitely was.

The show has never mentioned Andrew. He is a mystery.  Due to what the show did to Jeannie, it is a blessing that he was never a part of the show.  When Kim was dealing with her mental issues, she sent the kids to be with their dad.  She always put the kids first ahead of her needs.  Kim bonded with Eric who was named after her pedophile uncle over their love of Photography when she came back to the show in 97.  I don't see her putting limits on Theresa and discouraging  her love for Fashion design. I don't see her playing favorites with her children by praising Andrew for going into medicine.  She experienced firsthand what that did to her and Kayla and Roman and Bo. Papa Shawn favored his eldest children  Roman and Kim over his youngest, Kayla and Bo. 

If the show wanted to make Theresa a complex heroine with a penchant for trouble.   All they had to do was say that Shane cut her off her trust, for being irresponsible.  Shane was of British Aristocracy and had plenty of money.  He would have provided for all of his three children.  In fact, Bo and Hope got married in the church located in his estate at Donovan Manor, in England.  Shane lived in the Dimera Mansion with Kim and his family because it reminded him of home.  Theresa spent time there as a child with Andrew.  Theresa has never mentioned Andrew or Stefanie who she grew up with in LA.    Don't get me started on how the show isolated her from the Brady family, especially her aunt Kayla, with whom, she had a special bond, as a baby.   The  writers wrote Theresa like she was a  gold-digger that grew up in section 8 ,on food stamps, with a drug addicted mother and absent father.  Theresa should never have been impressed with the Kiriakis family. She should have looked down on that new money,  mafia family.  Perhaps, she would fall for Alexander Kiriakis, in spite of herself, revisiting the history between her parents and Victor.  The  show was trying to make her into Sami. We saw Sami's metamorphosis. It was a series of tragic events that led her to become a darker version of her Aunt Samantha.  Sami's turn to the dark side was rooted in the dark history between Roman and Stefano.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Carlavati says in his new SOD interview that Lucas is going to have a major storyline.  I wonder if it involves Will and Sami.

He also said that there will be new characters coming, but not soon because he didn't want to overwhelm the fans right away.  He also said that other returns are coming, but he won't say who.  We already know about Eileen Davidson, but not which character she will play.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Carlavati says in his new SOD interview that Lucas is going to have a major storyline.  I wonder if it involves Will and Sami.

He also said that there will be new characters coming, but not soon because he didn't want to overwhelm the fans right away.

First of all, YES to giving Lucas his first major storyline in years, because Lord knows he deserves one!

As for the second part, this is one of the reasons why Ron has my respect!  He knows not to bring in new characters too quickly after starting out as a head writer.  He knows he has to wait some time before that, because the audience tunes in to see the characters they care about, not new ones the writers care about.  New ones do have to come along every now and then, but if you have many old ones the audience loves, why bring them in so soon?

• Love 5
(edited)

Agreed. Sounds like he has some sense of pacing and a willingness to hold back on his To Do list.

Apprentice79 thanks for all the background info on Shane and Kim. Having now read all that I can completely understand why the Theresa characterization feels completely out of step with the rest of the show's history.

I guess I'm just lucky I knew nothing about any of that and happened to really enjoy Jennifer Lilley because it gave me something to follow on the last few years of this trainwreck.

How will Ron makeup for the insanity of Shane having impersonated Stefano though I wonder...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

I'm curious to see Ron's work here.  I actually think it's to this soap's benefit that he doesn't have a bone-deep history of it like he did with GH and OLTL.  For example, the anecdote he told when he first came to GH about having a clear memory of watching the show when he was a kid and Heather having BLT's at Kelly's with Jeff Webber was cute, and it was cute when Heather returned and that was referenced.  But then it became this unfunny running joke that he beat into the ground, unburied, and then beat into the ground again.  So I don't think he's going to have those weird attachments.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm curious to see Ron's work here.  I actually think it's to this soap's benefit that he doesn't have a bone-deep history of it like he did with GH and OLTL.  For example, the anecdote he told when he first came to GH about having a clear memory of watching the show when he was a kid and Heather having BLT's at Kelly's with Jeff Webber was cute, and it was cute when Heather returned and that was referenced.  But then it became this unfunny running joke that he beat into the ground, unburied, and then beat into the ground again.  So I don't think he's going to have those weird attachments.

Oh Lord, the BLT's....I hope he's had his fill and doesn't make that the daily special at the Brady Pub.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I hope nobody tells him about "Lee" beating up Hope with a sack of oranges in prison a few years ago.

• Love 3
On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 11:39 AM, boes said:

Oh Lord, the BLT's....I hope he's had his fill and doesn't make that the daily special at the Brady Pub.

I hope he doesn't have Sonny and Paul talk nonstop about "The Golden Girls", ugh.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

Two things: When does Ron's work start? And can it be viewed streaming online? Just the NBC app or whatever?

Tomorrow, and the episodes are on NBC.com about 24 hours after they air, I think.  Maybe not that long, but not immediately.

• Love 1
(edited)

Mag spoilers I saw on Twitter:

Hattie visits Bonnie and offers her the chance to get out of jail if she agrees to take over Adrienne's life in a plot with Anjelicica. #Days

So one character's doppelganger approaches another's lookalike to impersonate said lookalike in a third soap bitch's scheme?

Yup, Ron's in the house lol!  That already sounds 100% more interesting than anything going on on "General Hospital".

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Ugh we literally have CNN MSNBC and a host of other all news channels and networks still interrupt for stuff like this... or today's OJ stupidity that made me miss the show. 

Thanks for for the heads up at least. It'll help me not be annoyed when Days is inevitably interrupted Wednesday. LOL

• Love 2

Week of July 31:

Monday July 31:

Abigail is seriously hurt when she saves Chad's life.

Tuesday August 1:

Roman wonders if Eric has feelings again for Nicole.

Wednesday August 2:

Anjelica has trouble keeping her cohort in line.

Thursday August 3:

Chad informs Andre that once Abigail pulls through he intends to turn himself into the police.

Friday August 4:

Tripp confronts Kayla, accusing her of killing Ava.

Gabi overhears Chad declare his love for Abigail.

• Love 3

What a waste of talent.  Oh and another prop move to get C/A back together.  Yeah producers we know what you doing. Push C/A to being your supercouple.  Mhmm. Thanks JV for being classy.  I wish you the best. 

I hope Jordi gets nominated for an Emmy and wins another one and rubs it all in Days faces.  Then he can bounce to YR and be Sharon's 95th playtoy, Liz 50th baby daddy on GH or be the next speedo model at BB. 

Here's an snippet from JV in this week's SOD:

IMG_20170722_034414.jpg

• Love 4

More on Week of July 31:

Monday, July 31, 2017 
John helps Paul develop a strategy to suss out Victor. 

Tuesday, August 1, 2017 
Hope & Rafe hunt for Dario. 

Brady is upset by a conversation he overhears between Nicole & Maggie. 

Wed Aug 2nd
Gabi reveals to Chad that Abi’s marriage to Dario was for greencard purposes. 

Thur, Aug 3, 2017 
Abigail makes it through surgery, but Kayla warns everyone she is not out of the woods yet. 

Friday, August 4, 2017 
Brady is upset when Nicole lies to him. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BlackMamba said:

Friday, August 4, 2017 
Brady is upset when Nicole lies to him. 

When hasn't Nicole lied to a man she thinks that she is in love with. It what destroyed all of her relationship. It would have happened with Daniel if he didn't die. It had happened with Brady in the past.

• Love 2

I think Dario worked as a gray character. Going full on villain is sudden but that's Days lately. And Jordi is right about Dario suddenly being in love with Abigail. Having feelings for her was one thing which could have been explored but he jumped right into "love," which to me killed the whole story. I'm sorry to see a non-Brady and non-Horton man go. 

• Love 2

The Soap Opera Network site, in the spoiler section, shows a tweet with a pic of actors on a monitor while taping. And one looks like Matthew Ashford. (Some say it looks like John de Lancie/Eugene, but the prevailing thought is Jack.) Stupid that freaking Christmas is being taped now, but hey...

Maybe Jack returns as an angel or something.

• Love 2