Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, BlackMamba said:

Week of May 1:

It looks like Tripp may be in possession of the Salem Brain.

Yes Yes Yes to Eric and Jennifer!

Burnt out on the baby drama.

• Love 2

Really wish Xander hadn't become this thuggy villain guy...oh well.

Will the bullet destroy Dan's heart? Could it? Please???

Is Dena just writing this Eric/Nicole stuff so she'll end up forgiving him when he rescues her? Or will we actually get a love triangle between her and Eric and Brady?

• Love 1

I haven't heard anything concrete about John. Does anyone know when Eve is coming back? I thought I heard months ago that Kassie had returned to the show full time after getting her medical treatments...when does that happen? Or is she simply not coming back?

Last of the week of May 1

Monday, May 1, 2017
Nicole & Holly are put into a dangerous situation. 

Tuesday, May 2, 2017
Chad & Kate plot to steal an antiquity that Deimos covets. 

Wednesday, May 3, 2017
JJ races to save Lani from a life-threatening situation. 

Julie & Gabi clash. 

Thursday, May 4, 2017
Brady asks Eric for an important favor. 

Dan's heart is really truly kaput:

Val puts an ailing Brady on the list for a new heart

Yay! Xander is a hero after all :)

Some are speculating that, with Deimos due to die, Brady might get his. I really hope not. Just want him gone.

Edit: More spoilers....

Monday, May 8, 2017
Dario asks Abigail out to dinner.

Tuesday, May 9, 2017
Kayla tells Jade she's no longer going to help her financially.

Wednesday, May 10, 2017
Gabi and Abe trick Eli and Valerie, hoping mother and son will work things out.

Thursday, May 11, 2017
Claire accuses Victor of favoring Ciara.

Friday, May 12, 2017 
Chloe visits Brady and is upset by his rapidly declining health.
Nicole rips into Eric.

Shut up Nicole.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

Week May 8th

Monday May 8:

Chad fumes as he spots Abigail, Dario, & Thomas together. 

Tuesday May 9:
Lani hides her withdrawal symptoms from JJ. 

Wednesday May 10:
As Brady’s condition worsens,Marlena desperately tries to  get n touch with John. 

Thursday May 11:
Eric attempts to help Nicole escape. 

Hope & Andre try to stop Chad from acquiring the amulet in Greece. 

Friday May 12:
Theo tells Wyatt he will no longer support his relationship with Ciara.

• Love 2

Does anyone know when Ron C's writing kicks in? I can't believe this dreck. did Dena just want to screw the show one more time before she left? Or was it easier just to use old scripts & scribble other character names over the old ones?

DOOL deserves better than this...so do we.

• Love 1

More May 8th

Monday, May 8, 2017

Dario asks Abigail out to dinner. 

Tuesday, May 9, 2017
Kayla tells Jade she's no longer going to help her financially. 

Wed, May 10,
Gabi & Abe trick Eli & Val, hoping mom & son will work things out. 

Thursday, May 11, 2017
Claire accuses Victor of favoring Ciara. 

Friday, May 12, 2017 
Chloe visits Brady & is upset by his rapidly declining health. 

Nicole rips into Eric.  

Shut the hell up Claire. ?
You are great granddaughter and Ciara is the granddaughter.  And Victor's Achilles heel has always been Bo and his children.  It outweighs.  Go annoy John if you want some money and attention.  This girl annoys me so much.  

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 4

The longer we go without hearing about a new blonde male being cast in time to work with Allison Sweeney, the more I'm starting to doubt we'll see Will again.

Come on show....don't waste this (last?) chance....

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1
On 4/29/2017 at 9:29 PM, Nalan said:

Hope and Andre working together?  Why in the world would Hope work with Andre?!

Exactly what I was thinking.  Is that a typo maybe?

22 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

The longer we go without hearing about a new blonde male being cast in time to work with Allison Sweeney, the more I'm starting to doubt we'll see Will again.

Come on show....don't waste this (last?) chance....

If they keep writing him like they did when Guy played him, or an actor like Guy is cast again, why does everyone want Will back so badly?  Sorry, but I don't get it.  He was only good for a few years with Chandler in the role.  Otherwise, Will was useless.  (Though, if he can be used to get rid of Paul, I might be on board...)

• Love 1

I was a Paul fan back when he first started but lately the acting has been bad and it's as if he doesn't know where his character should be headed.

Both Sonny and Paul are badly acted right now and hopefully they can be fixed.

(edited)

If they keep writing him like they did when Guy played him, or an actor like Guy is cast again, why does everyone want Will back so badly?  Sorry, but I don't get it.  He was only good for a few years with Chandler in the role.  Otherwise, Will was useless.  (Though, if he can be used to get rid of Paul, I might be on board...)

Oh, I agree that Guy's Will was awful, but I definitely think the show needs the character back.

For one thing, it was really shameful that they killed off their most visible gay character for the 50th anniversary and in the process upset one of their most high-profile veteran actors. I'm really glad Allison Sweeney spoke out about her feelings on the matter because in addition to Days' long list of sins - including almost constant misogyny, rape as a plot point and regular character assassination - the cavalier way in which they choked out Will on screen felt completely homophobic. The show by that point had written Sonny out and basically limited Paul's homosexuality to an occasional reference every couple of months. There were no gay on-screen kisses anymore and the character of Will had been butchered and sidelined in the months prior to make him a whiny, unlikable adulterer with nothing but excuses and self pity. I realize almost all the characters on the show are or have been adulterers at some point, but the way Will was undermined following Chandler's departure from the role seemed very deliberate. They were cutting the legs off the table. There was no entertainment value in him anymore. The message was received loud and clear that gay no longer had a place in Salem.

Imagine if they did that to the black characters on the show and choked Abe out on screen, while pushing Eli and Theo into the background. I'm surprised the backlash wasn't bigger. It was sizable, though, and having Sonny and Paul hug on occasion hardly undoes the message the show sent during its most high-profile month in the last few years. So if nothing else, bringing Will back would be a subtle way for the show to admit they had done wrong by a character who brought them a lot of attention. His entire coming-out storyline seemed to signal a change at Days. It felt like the show was stepping into modern times in the way Archie Comics did by introducing their Kevin Keller character. For them to backpedal and for them to do it so violently was absolutely a mistake that needs correcting.

I also feel Allison Sweeney should be shown some respect. Unlike the aging veterans, she's still possibly willing to work on the series for the next decade. She's probably been the face of Days of Our Lives more than anyone and championed it while pursuing other projects. For them to take away her character's first born child who was the center of so many of her storylines even in the face of her objections basically sends a message that they don't care about how happy she is to continue to play Sami. Let us not forget that they also wrote out EJ in a rather crappy way in his final few months and I'm sure Allison wasn't pleased about that either. We've seen actors leave the show because of their frustrations with how storylines are handled or how their co-stars are treated. In spite of the EJ and Will fiascos, Allison still returned and will again. I think that shows exactly how professional and loyal she is to the program and it's time that they made a gesture of Goodwill towards her. I suspect Allison would be very very happy for Will to continue to be part of the show.

Lastly I know I'm not alone in finding the Paul and Sonny relationship pitiful. They have practically no chemistry, no physical contact and no future from what I can tell anyways. They could both disappear from the show tomorrow and I don't even think the most pro-LGBTQ of audience members would really care because they're such a non-entity. Will coming back to the show would not only help usher them off the canvas (one way or another) and provide some closure to the terrible storyline that was begun when Will first cheated on Sonny, but could also open the door for an important lead character with many ties to the canvas to be gay and compelling and viable again. That's what they had accomplished with Will a few years ago ...only to throw it all away. Could they accomplish this by introducing a new gay character? Sure, but there have already been too many new characters introduced to the show lately. Better to bring one back who in many ways feels like a veteran and already has a home in Salem. In short, with very little effort I think they could give us the Will that we used to know and like. He has a history. The writers don't have to think him up from scratch all over again as much as take note of what derailed him a few years ago.

I'm not saying his presence would magically fix everything wrong with the show. I'm just saying that one of the best things the show could do right now to correct the mistakes it has made the last few years is bring back a character like Will because it will drum up publicity and make a statement to the audience and to the industry that maybe they were wrong and they've learned their lesson and are bringing things back on track. I can't think of any other character they could bring back to the show that would make that point as loudly or as clearly.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

Lastly I know I'm not alone in finding the Paul and Sonny relationship pitiful. They have practically no chemistry, no physical contact and no future from what I can tell anyways. They could both disappear from the show tomorrow and I don't even think the most pro-LGBTQ of audience members would really care because they're such a non-entity.

I'm very open to seeing LGBT elements on the show, but I have to be honest, this is the way I feel about all three of them.  Will was played by bland actors who never caught my attention.  Paul was invented out of thin air with a backstory that never grabbed me.  Sonny is the one I'm probably the most interested in, because of his family connections, but they never have done a good job with the whole scene.  Like many of the other characters on the show, my biggest problem was finding them believable as people.

It's a difficult conflict, how a daytime soap opera can avoid falling into the "bury your gays" trope, with the conventions of the genre and DAYS in particular.  I'm hoping Carlivati will do a better job.

4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Oh, I agree that Guy's Will was awful, but I definitely think the show needs the character back.

For one thing, it was really shameful that they killed off their most visible gay character for the 50th anniversary and in the process upset one of their most high-profile veteran actors. I'm really glad Allison Sweeney spoke out about her feelings on the matter because in addition to Days' long list of sins - including almost constant misogyny, rape as a plot point and regular character assassination - the cavalier way in which they choked out Will on screen felt completely homophobic. 

. . .

I'm not saying his presence would magically fix everything wrong with the show. I'm just saying that one of the best things the show could do right now to correct the mistakes it has made the last few years is bring back a character like Will because it will drum up publicity and make a statement to the audience and to the industry that maybe they were wrong and they've learned their lesson and are bringing things back on track. I can't think of any other character they could bring back to the show that would make that point as loudly or as clearly.

I hear what you're saying, and I only truncated your post for space.  I wanted to quote you though to keep the conversation going because that's basically what I do; sorry if it's annoying.

Anyway, I understand you, but I guess I can't really agree.  I didn't exactly see the uproar, because Sonny and Paul were still on the show.  I never really got the love between Sonny and Will anyway.  Will being gay felt forced to begin with to me, because he had a child with Gabi.  As @lska said, there was no chemistry among any of them.  (And I totally agree about Paul and his backstory - I hate when soaps just make people up and change history and it never makes any sense.)

I also can't really agree about the way Will died as being homophobic.  He was "The Necktie Killer" - he choked all of his victims.  Will wasn't the only one, so that didn't stand out at all to me.  It just fit with the stupid serial killer storyline.  As for Abe and his family, there has barely been a black presence on the show since Renee Jones left.  When Lexie died, Abe and Theo took a backseat then.  I'm happy that Theo is part of the teen scene now, and I wish Abe would get more airtime too.

Will coming back would definitely boost ratings, I agree.  But this show has made tons of mistakes; just bringing Will back won't solve them all (or maybe even any).  To put things "back on track," in my opinion, they need to bring back other great characters like Bo, EJ, and Sami, and get rid of characters that no one cares about like Lani and Paul.  

21 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Will being gay felt forced to begin with to me, because he had a child with Gabi.

He had a child with Gabi because he was gay and denying it.  It wasn't at all out of character at the time he was trying to pretend otherwise.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

He had a child with Gabi because he was gay and denying it.  It wasn't at all out of character at the time he was trying to pretend otherwise.

OK, and dating Mia was also because he was gay?  And he dated Gabi through high school graduation as well.  Let's face it, the writers did a 180-degree turn in Will's character.  I'll never not believe that, because the actors basically admitted it.

From Wikipedia (with sources, but I deleted them since they don't work with quoted text):

When Dylan Patton played him, Will was characterized as straight. Will (aged 16–17) had a girlfriend in Mia McCormick (Taylor Spreitler), and Patton was unaware of any intention to make Will gay. At the start of Chandler Massey's era, Will was also characterized as straight. Massey told Afterbuzz TV "It wasn't till later" and "I guess something that I was doing made them think, 'this guy should be gay! And this will be great!'". Massey explained: "They sat me down and told me 'we have this great story for Will – he's going to be coming out – and we want to let you know that's the direction we're going in.'" After Massey learned of this in February 2011, uncertainty was cast over the storyline, as Days of Our Lives changed head writers and executive producers. Massey said that, while he was not told whether or not they would proceed, he played Will "with his sexuality in mind".

I remember fan speculation that Will was gay for years before it was established, so it didn't seem out of the blue to me.  Discovering and admitting your sexuality can be a long path, I still know gay men who were married to women and had families before they came out.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, lska said:

I remember fan speculation that Will was gay for years before it was established, so it didn't seem out of the blue to me.  Discovering and admitting your sexuality can be a long path, I still know gay men who were married to women and had families before they came out.

Admittedly, those are probably the years where I wasn't watching the show, but I still remember thinking it was out of the blue since he was interested in girls all throughout high school.  On television shows, usually the audience knows when someone is questioning their sexuality and discovering themselves even when the other characters on the show don't know.  There was none of that until Chandler may have hinted at it.

Sorry that this conversation derailed the thread but I don't think it's a problem that they decided to make Will gay. Let's face it - given the culture we live in there was no way that they knew when they created the character of Will back in the nineties that he was going to end up being gay. And I'm not surprised it took until the late 2000s for things to start heading in that direction. In a well-written book where the author has total control over every character he creates, then fine, you can plan something like that out. This is a soap with multiple writers and everything changes direction every few years or every few months. I never saw much of Will after he was born so I can't say whether this change contradicted everything we saw of him growing up. If it does and people preferred Straight Will...then I can completely sympathize with that. It sucks to see a character significantly change simply to serve some agenda. It can feel very artificial and forced. I think it became clear, though, that gay Will offered the show a chance to open up the show to different kinds of romantic storylines. The gay community faces unique challenges and it seemed for a time that they were interested in exploring that, with some characters accusing others of turning people gay and some people having issues with adjusting to Will's discoveries about himself. It just sucks that after Sonny and Will got married they lost all sense of direction and momentum with them as a couple. All they could think of to write was that Will began cheating...? Really?

As many of you have pointed out, that could have been an interesting storyline with Will sowing his wild oats and realizing he might not have been prepared for a long-term commitment and marriage, having been in the closet for so long. It's just one of many storylines Days botched these last few years.

The bottom line is that nobody cares about Sonny or Paul and that they're both really awkward and do nothing to represent the viewpoint that was previously represented by Will. As much as that character got trashed, I think enough time has passed that if he and Chandler Massey were to return to the show and the writers were to take a look at what worked about his character pre-marriage, they could continue the storyline that was previously abandoned and continue to bring new issues to the forefront at the same time.

If they were to bring back EJ on the other hand I can't think of what else they could say about him that hasn't already been said. It would be the same old storyline of the bad boy doing bad things and being forgiven, finding love and fighting for/against his family blah blah blah etc etc etc.

• Love 2
(edited)

Will was such a passive character. Before his coming out story, he wasn't doing much. Going to school, hanging with Chad, dating Gabi, and being an ass to Sami/Lucas when he was around. 

We find out that he shot EJ when he was a child and everyone who loves him tries to do everything to save him while he sat around waiting for them to save him. 

He could come back but he would be as uninteresting to me as he was before.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Sorry that this conversation derailed the thread but I don't think it's a problem that they decided to make Will gay. Let's face it - given the culture we live in there was no way that they knew when they created the character of Will back in the nineties that he was going to end up being gay. And I'm not surprised it took until the late 2000s for things to start heading in that direction. In a well-written book where the author has total control over every character he creates, then fine, you can plan something like that out. This is a soap with multiple writers and everything changes direction every few years or every few months. I never saw much of Will after he was born so I can't say whether this change contradicted everything we saw of him growing up. If it does and people preferred Straight Will...then I can completely sympathize with that. It sucks to see a character significantly change simply to serve some agenda. It can feel very artificial and forced. I think it became clear, though, that gay Will offered the show a chance to open up the show to different kinds of romantic storylines. The gay community faces unique challenges and it seemed for a time that they were interested in exploring that, with some characters accusing others of turning people gay and some people having issues with adjusting to Will's discoveries about himself. It just sucks that after Sonny and Will got married they lost all sense of direction and momentum with them as a couple. All they could think of to write was that Will began cheating...? Really?

As many of you have pointed out, that could have been an interesting storyline with Will sowing his wild oats and realizing he might not have been prepared for a long-term commitment and marriage, having been in the closet for so long. It's just one of many storylines Days botched these last few years.

The bottom line is that nobody cares about Sonny or Paul and that they're both really awkward and do nothing to represent the viewpoint that was previously represented by Will. As much as that character got trashed, I think enough time has passed that if he and Chandler Massey were to return to the show and the writers were to take a look at what worked about his character pre-marriage, they could continue the storyline that was previously abandoned and continue to bring new issues to the forefront at the same time.

If they were to bring back EJ on the other hand I can't think of what else they could say about him that hasn't already been said. It would be the same old storyline of the bad boy doing bad things and being forgiven, finding love and fighting for/against his family blah blah blah etc etc etc.

Will's birth was treated as an event. He was born in the hospital and the Brady family awaited his birth with bated breathe. He was the first Brady great-grandchild and Marlena's first grandson. She was the face of the show at the time. Even Stefano was there to Celeste's annoyance..lol He wanted to be close to Marlena and bear witness to her first grandchild.  Victor also came to see him, signaling that he would have a new relationship with the Brady family via Will. Unlike, the horrific one that he had with Kim, Kayla, Bo and Roman. Will was used as a weapon by Sami to keep Austin and Carrie and it did work, until, his paternity blew up in her face at her first aborted wedding to Austin.  

Will was often at the center of storylines with the wars between Sami, Lucas and Kate. Will became a bit more involved as a character in his own right, when Christopher Gerse played him and we used to call him mophead. He played him the longest, until he shot EJ and was sent to live in Switzerland with Carrie and Austin. His characterization made sense as  Lumi's kid who lived through a tumultuous childhood due to his selfish parents. He was smart, perceptive ,sympathetic, loving, wise and mature beyond his years. He once told Lucas that Sami was the way that she was because she was insecure and needed understanding. lol He could also be a brat, especially to Sami, he had a mouth on him. As much as, he can be a pain in Sami's ass, he loved his mom and was very protective of her.  He was super close to Lucas whom he adored.  He would team up with Lucas to scheme against EJ whom they viewed as threat, this would later push him to try and kill EJ. I remember on TWTP, we all deduced that Will tried to kill EJ. We also speculated that if Days were to ever due to a coming out story, Will would be the perfect person to do it because he is the only legacy child that grew up on camera before our eyes.  Will should never have been killed off, even if people did not like Guy Wilson's version of Will. I liked his Will and I hated that they made him a cheating, nasty jerk in the show's obsession with making everybody like Sami. Will was supposed to have been the antithesis of his crazy parents.  Will was always obsessed with having a perfect family, it is the one defining trait that remained with subsequent recasts of Will. It was present in Dylan's Will and Chandler's Will. Not so much with Guy's Will.  Christopher's Will was instrumental with his schemes, in getting Lumi, to declare their love for one another, after so many years of hatred and bitterness. He was over the moon at their green wedding. 

I also wanted to add that Will, like a typical Brady child has been kidnapped, was in a helicopter crash and had brain surgery, when he was 2 because Lucas got in car accident, while driving drunk. Lucas was trying to kidnap him after killing Franco.  Sami would not let him see his son.  Will is a survivor like his grandmother Marlena. His murder was a slap in the face.  He deserved better than that..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 5/1/2017 at 10:09 AM, FnkyChkn34 said:

If they keep writing him like they did when Guy played him, or an actor like Guy is cast again, why does everyone want Will back so badly?  Sorry, but I don't get it.  He was only good for a few years with Chandler in the role.  Otherwise, Will was useless.  (Though, if he can be used to get rid of Paul, I might be on board...)

I know Guy gets a shit ton of crap for his portrayal of Will but... the man has talent. I've seen it. Hell, I saw it on Days. I wish people would stop confusing writing of the character with the actor. Pretty sure Olivier/Brando couldn't pull off the crap they wrote for Will the last year and a half. 

And yes YMMV and everyone is entitled to their opinions, etc... He didn't ruin Will for me. Writing made me cringe but first and foremost, I'm a Will fan. Chandler? Guy? Dylan? Whatever.

As for the "Will is suddenly gay" thing? No. From the time Chandler started, they played it like it was a possibility. He only had 2 girlfriends. things were weird with Mia - she only really wanted Chad again. Things were worse with Gabby. Ariana came about because Will was trying so hard NOT to be gay. Did he love Mia and Gabby? Maybe not Mia (not sure; that was so first love/crush) but he did love Gabby...and he tried really hard. Way before they slept together for the first time he was awkward about the physicality and blew it off as he wanted to respect her. 

On 5/1/2017 at 11:14 AM, rcc said:

I was a Paul fan back when he first started but lately the acting has been bad and it's as if he doesn't know where his character should be headed.

Both Sonny and Paul are badly acted right now and hopefully they can be fixed.

My love for Christopher Sean (and luke warm almost cold feelings toward Freddie) aside, Paul has always been boring. the only time he was interesting was when he banged Will. That was hot. I don't see that with Sonny. PaulSon is boring. I want to sleep when they're on. A lot of that is lack of chemistry and a lot is lack of writing any scenes to prove otherwise (no real kisses or sexy time). I've never liked Sonny. I wanted WilSon b/c that's what WILL wanted. Freddie and Chandler had some chemistry. The storyline was good. It was heartfelt and angsty and good. Currently, Sonny is an idiot wanna be mobster. He should move to Port Charles and hang with Sonny and Jason.

Topic: while no casting has gone out for a Will type character, I still hold out hope that they just contacted someone they wanted and he's filming now (Chandler, others who auditioned but didn't make it when Chandler/Guy were cast...that's how guy was cast. He auditioned before. )

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:

I know Guy gets a shit ton of crap for his portrayal of Will but... the man has talent. I've seen it. Hell, I saw it on Days. I wish people would stop confusing writing of the character with the actor. Pretty sure Olivier/Brando couldn't pull off the crap they wrote for Will the last year and a half. 

And yes YMMV and everyone is entitled to their opinions, etc... He didn't ruin Will for me. Writing made me cringe but first and foremost, I'm a Will fan. Chandler? Guy? Dylan? Whatever.

As for the "Will is suddenly gay" thing? No. From the time Chandler started, they played it like it was a possibility. He only had 2 girlfriends. things were weird with Mia - she only really wanted Chad again. Things were worse with Gabby. Ariana came about because Will was trying so hard NOT to be gay. Did he love Mia and Gabby? Maybe not Mia (not sure; that was so first love/crush) but he did love Gabby...and he tried really hard. Way before they slept together for the first time he was awkward about the physicality and blew it off as he wanted to respect her. 

My love for Christopher Sean (and luke warm almost cold feelings toward Freddie) aside, Paul has always been boring. the only time he was interesting was when he banged Will. That was hot. I don't see that with Sonny. PaulSon is boring. I want to sleep when they're on. A lot of that is lack of chemistry and a lot is lack of writing any scenes to prove otherwise (no real kisses or sexy time). I've never liked Sonny. I wanted WilSon b/c that's what WILL wanted. Freddie and Chandler had some chemistry. The storyline was good. It was heartfelt and angsty and good. Currently, Sonny is an idiot wanna be mobster. He should move to Port Charles and hang with Sonny and Jason.

Topic: while no casting has gone out for a Will type character, I still hold out hope that they just contacted someone they wanted and he's filming now (Chandler, others who auditioned but didn't make it when Chandler/Guy were cast...that's how guy was cast. He auditioned before. )

Will/Mia was a sweet non-pairing that had a lot of heart and their bond with Grace was heartfelt.  When Grace died  and Will grieved deeply for her.  It was fitting that he gave his daughter her name as a middle name. I never saw Will being Gay as being contrived. On the contrary, it was hinted in a subtle manner in his interactions with Mia.

Paul should have been a villain in the Wilson storyline.  He should have had tormented Will, like Emma tormented Kim for Shane back in the day.   Christopher has the talent to pull off a complex villain.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Paul should have been a villain in the Wilson storyline.  He should have had tormented Will, like Emma tormented Kim for Shane back in the day.   Christopher has the talent to pull off a complex villain.

I'm okay with him being nice. It explains why Will fell into the sex trap with him...but hell yeah, Christopher kills evil. His H2O Gabriel is the stuff of dreams!

(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 0:04 PM, swtrgrl said:

I'm okay with him being nice. It explains why Will fell into the sex trap with him...but hell yeah, Christopher kills evil. His H2O Gabriel is the stuff of dreams!

I hated Will the cheating storyline. It should have been Sonny to be the one to stray with Will struggling to forgive Sonny for his infidelity and fighting Paul to keep  his family together. They could have linked it to him trying to kill EJ as a child, in order  to keep his family intact with his parents.. Paul could have made it look like Will tried to kill him, in an effort, to put Will in jail, to keep Sonny for himself. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

All of that sounds great. Totally agree about it being Sonny who should have cheated. You're hired as the new head writer of Days! LOL

Seriously, though: In the hands of remotely mediocre writers, that would have happened. Needing to explain firing Guy/Will's disappearance? Just have Will go back to Cali to wallow in relationship grief w/Sami...then bring him back when appropriate time for a recast goes by.

Week of May 15:

Monday May 15:

Sonny and Paul plan to fly to Greece in pursuit of Deimos.

Tuesday May 16:

Abigail tries to explain her big decision to Jennifer.

Wednesday May 17:

Deimos’s plan starts to fall apart when Xander presents a new list of demands.

Marlena shares an emotional reunion with John.

Thursday May 18:

Chad confides in Gabi about the amulet.

Friday May 19:

Theo blurts the truth to Ciara.

• Love 1
(edited)

More on Week of May 15

Monday, May 15, 2017

Adrienne talks to Tripp on Steve's behalf. 

While in Greece, Chad receives upsetting news from Abigail. 

Jade bad mouths Kayla to Tripp.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017
Eric & Nicole work together to escape. 

Gabi & Chad are stunned when they run into each other in Greece. 

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Xander & Eric go over their past as Xander makes plans to find Nicole.

Kayla informs Brady that his condition is getting worse. 

Nicole escapes to Eric’s jet and reunites with Holly. 

Thursday, May 18, 2017
Abigail thinks about accepting Dario’s proposal. 

Lani urges Eli to fight for Gabi.

Friday, May 19, 2017
Chad & Gabi are held at knifepoint by a thief.

Kate is suspicious of Dario.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

I want Gabi & Chad to screw so bad while they are in Greece!  Get it out of their system finally so we can move on.  Tired of these two being in each other's orbit and nothing happens.   Like either do it or give them a break finally. 

• Love 7

I can't wait to see how they're going to write this. I read a lot of "Will isn't dead" fan fic and there are so many ways to do it. Can NOT wait until September.

• Love 4

I can't wait to see how they're going to write this. I read a lot of "Will isn't dead" fan fic and there are so many ways to do it. Can NOT wait until September.

With AS coming short-term, I would say it is Dimera related. Last time Sami was in Salem it was for Will's funeral and she emptied all the Dimera accounts (thanks to a letter sent from EJ from the grave). Andre tried to kidnap her to get the money back but she escaped.

Or since they are getting rid of Deimos, msybe they will blame him. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, swtrgrl said:

Ten bucks right now Will a) is found in some kind of brainwashing pod and/or b) comes stumbling in just as Sonny and Paul are getting married.  That's just soap math.

Just no doppelganger explanation, Ron, k thanks bye.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

If they do it like Andre/Stefano injected him like Stefano/Kristen did to EJ then I'm okay with that. Hell, I honestly don't care as long as it's the real Will back. Seriously, I'll hand wave and fan wank the eff outta whatever they give me as long as Will is back.

And I want him to spoil PaulSon...but not want Sonny back. I hate Sonny so much. Paul? Love him. Sonny? Doesn't deserve 5 seconds of Will's time.

• Love 2

Can we never mention again the stupidity of Sami leaving town to have a movie made of her life? Great :)

And I want him to spoil PaulSon...but not want Sonny back. I hate Sonny so much. 

Yup and yup. I hope Will's mere presence ruins Paulson without Will having to be a bad guy and do or say anything. Frankly, I'm kind of hoping Sami's return to town does the same to Hope and Rafe. Let them both be the elephants in the room that cause other couples to get weirded out and break up.

Also: Well done Days. Now don't screw this up.

(If they manage to get Kristen and Theresa back too, I might have to attempt a backflip).

• Love 1

CM's Will was before I came back to Days, so the only Will I know is GW's version, which I hated. But CM's version seems to have a lot of fans, so this sounds like good news for the show.

• Love 2

You know, I'm excited about FINALLY see a classic soap story/trope - in this case, a character coming back from the dead and throwing his spouse's current romance into chaos - happening with gay characters.  That's kinda cool. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I saw this online, without context, and thought I should post it here...

Stefano will air this summer. They filmed more footage of Joe last year before his death.

..?!?

You believe it?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Stefano will air this summer. They filmed more footage of Joe last year before his death.

If Will is indeed coming back from the dead, I wonder if that means Stefano was holding Will hostage??

• Love 1
On 5/1/2017 at 6:27 PM, DisneyBoy said:

The bottom line is that nobody cares about Sonny or Paul and that they're both really awkward and do nothing to represent the viewpoint that was previously represented by Will. As much as that character got trashed, I think enough time has passed that if he and Chandler Massey were to return to the show and the writers were to take a look at what worked about his character pre-marriage, they could cont

Don't speak for everyone.  Sonny and Paul have a fanbase out there.

17 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

And I want him to spoil PaulSon...but not want Sonny back. I hate Sonny so much. Paul? Love him. Sonny? Doesn't deserve 5 seconds of Will's time.

Why not?  What has Sonny done that was so bad?

• Love 2

If the Dimera's switched him in LA, then yes, I would be good with that, too. That way our Will was still around. Or hell...even before that b/c I'm not sure I ever bought into Will writing the Sami/Kate story...or fucking siding with his home wrecker (his #1 hate in the world is cheating and breaking up families) cousin. 

• Love 1