Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ugh. Alex is going to run Titan?

Right into the ground.

With his Einstein brain at the helm, Titan Industries will be the premier supplier of vitamin supplements, dipilatories for men, penile enlargement and, duh, make-ur-brain-bigger pills by the end of the year.  Required work attire at Titan will be speedos and a tie for men, nothing at all for da wimmins cuz we all know nun a dem need to work for Alex.  

Because, things CAN and WILL get even stupider.

• LOL 4
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ugh. Alex is going to run Titan?

Suzanne Rogers did an interview for her 50th anniversary where she chatted about stuff filmed but not aired yet (I think she forgot the time lag). In it she mentioned that Alex is running Titan and Sarah and Xander are remarried 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Suzanne Rogers did an interview for her 50th anniversary where she chatted about stuff filmed but not aired yet (I think she forgot the time lag). In it she mentioned that Alex is running Titan

Because of course they have to give RSW Victor's freaking job/throne.

Next up - will Alex marry Maggie...while secretly boinking Marlena?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Because of course they have to give RSW Victor's freaking job/throne.

Next up - will Alex marry Maggie...while secretly boinking Marlena?

In Marlena's dreams, at least.

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
14 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Rachel is younger than Holly by a few years. Tate is the eldest of the bunch.

Since I hate the direction this is going in, I really hoped EOB as Theresa would like a bit like all the Vivian recasts - brief and swept under the rug soon after.

If they're bringing in Tate now, I doubt that will happen. Ugh. This is turning into a long-haul storyline :(

I dread what poor Tater Tot and Holly will be put through. (flashes back to Ciara and Chase)

I double checked and it does seem like Tate was born in 2015 and Holly was born in 2016. So that should indeed make Tate 16 years old, while Holly should be about 15.

I wouldn't worry too much about Holly being a Ciara redux because 1.) Ciara's initial teen storylines were under Josh Griffith who could never quite get over the glory days of his Marty Saybrooke storyline and 2.) Holly is not a Horton.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2

Okay, after making triple sure I am in the right thread and after having read some recent spoilers, as far as Xander/Sarah goes, here is my THEORY:

One spoiler has Chloe finding out something shocking. I am guessing Chloe finds out about Victoria. She then tells Xander as spoilers having Xander/Sarah having a "fraught" exchange on 9/25.

Then? I bet Rex backs out of the wedding to Sarah and Xander takes his place, probably insisting for the baby's sake.

Since the Alex bullshit with Titan is now happening, the remarriage can't be too far off, so...

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
15 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Okay, after making triple sure I am in the right thread and after having read some recent spoilers, as far as Xander/Sarah goes, here is my THEORY:

One spoiler has Chloe finding out something shocking. I am guessing Chloe finds out about Victoria. She then tells Xander as spoilers having Xander/Sarah having a "fraught" exchange on 9/25.

Then? I bet Rex backs out of the wedding to Sarah and Xander takes his place, probably insisting for the baby's sake.

Since the Alex bullshit with Titan is now happening, the remarriage can't be too far off, so...

Not possible as Monday Chloe overhears a conversation (and clearly learns about Victoria) while Xander and Sarah have a tense encounter. Tuesday Chloe has a choice to make (telling Xander) while Sarah is getting cold feet about the wedding. Wednesday is the wedding. I don't think it will happen but I don't think Xander will be in the mood to marry her on the spot, especially if Chloe has been the only one to be honest with him. 

Screenshot_20230915_195533_RedReader.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, brisbydog said:

Not possible as Monday Chloe overhears a conversation (and clearly learns about Victoria) while Xander and Sarah have a tense encounter. Tuesday Chloe has a choice to make (telling Xander) while Sarah is getting cold feet about the wedding. Wednesday is the wedding. I don't think it will happen but I don't think Xander will be in the mood to marry her on the spot, especially if Chloe has been the only one to be honest with him. 

Xander is also impulsive and vindictive. Who says he marries Sarah for love? I still think any remarriage happens soonish since Suzanne Rogers already mentioned Alex, so I'm guessing this is not too far behind.

People marry for all sorts of warped reasons on soaps. I think any such remarriage, given present circumstances, won't be hearts and flowers, anyway.

And I did also see a Chloe/Phillip spoiler about Chloe inquiring about Phillip's feelings or something somewhere. I'm guessing the show will re-explore that.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Screenshot_20230915_201516_RedReader.jpg

20 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Xander is also impulsive and vindictive. Who says he marries Sarah for love? I still think any remarriage happens soonish since Suzanne Rogers already mentioned Alex, so I'm guessing this is not too far behind.

People marry for all sorts of warped reasons on soaps. I think any such remarriage, given present circumstances, won't be hearts and flowers, anyway.

And I did also see a Chloe/Phillip spoiler about Chloe inquiring about Phillip's feelings or something somewhere. I'm guessing the show will re-explore that.

Well he  clearly still loves Sarah and she loves him, but neither is likely to admit that this fast. They are obviously setting them back up as well as Chloe leaving town with Phillip. A shame as I really liked Xoe

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Ah, Konstantin, I read elsewhere is played by John Kapelos. Loved him as the janitor in The Breakfast Club and as Det. Don Schanke on Forever Knight!

If I recall, he also played the groom of the older sister to Molly Ringwald's character in Sixteen Candles, too. Glad he's still around!

• Like 3

I see so many comments on the daily thread about how the writers are changing Theresa's character, and it seems that many of them don't read spoilers, so they don't know that they are changing her because they are CHANGING HER. They are clearly making her more desperate for Brady (why??) so that it fits with their new version of Theresa, who will always be seen as Gwen. I am glad I no longer watch this show (but read recaps), because that would probably be the end anyway (for me). And, in that interview Suzanne Rogers (Maggie) did, she mentioned that Sarah and Xander had remarried, which I also hate. Well, I dislike Sarah intensely.

I am still curious as to how they get rid of Gwen. I am thinking that it will involve Kristen getting away with something again. And Chloe will leave with Philip, I assume. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I am still curious as to how they get rid of Gwen

I really hope they undo her connection to Jack on her way out. His, and Jennifer’s to a lesser extent, history and characterization was totally and unnecessarily damaged and sacrificed in order to facilitate this character. All for absolutely nothing. An absolute dud from start to finish. 

I wonder what’ll happen if this version of Theresa doesn’t work out. Will they keep forcing Gwen or give the actress another character?

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I don’t care one bit about Xander when it comes to the baby secret. Sarah is dead wrong, no doubt, but she was dead wrong when she did it to Eric and Xander happily participated in that lie. I hope the writers just have him be happy to have a daughter when he finds out and avoid any hypocritical histrionics about being lied to. At least his daughter will be alive. Eric lost all that time with his daughter and she died. I doubt Xander will suffer the same given his apparent leading man status. 

Edited by KBrownie
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, KBrownie said:

I really hope they undo her connection to Jack on her way out. His, and Jennifer’s to a lesser extent, history and characterization was totally unenece unnecessarily damaged and sacrificed in order to facilitate this character. All for absolutely nothing. An absolute dud from start to finish. 

I wonder what’ll happen if this version of Theresa doesn’t wrk out. Will they keep forcing Gwen or give the actress another character?

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I don’t care one bit about Xander when it comes to the baby secret. Sarah is dead wrong, no doubt, but she was dead wrong when she did it to Eric and Xander happily participated in that lie. I hope the writers just have him be happy to have a daughter when he finds out and avoid any hypocritical histrionics about being lied to. At least his daughter will be alive. Eric lost all that time with his daughter and she died. I doubt Xander will suffer the same given his apparent leading man status. 

I'm torn. I love Xander so I'm sad for him, but he did the exact same thing to Eric so it is kind of karma. Sarah is the awful one for doing it to both men.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I see so many comments on the daily thread about how the writers are changing Theresa's character, and it seems that many of them don't read spoilers, so they don't know that they are changing her because they are CHANGING HER. They are clearly making her more desperate for Brady (why??) so that it fits with their new version of Theresa, who will always be seen as Gwen. I am glad I no longer watch this show (but read recaps), because that would probably be the end anyway (for me). And, in that interview Suzanne Rogers (Maggie) did, she mentioned that Sarah and Xander had remarried, which I also hate. Well, I dislike Sarah intensely.

I am still curious as to how they get rid of Gwen. I am thinking that it will involve Kristen getting away with something again. And Chloe will leave with Philip, I assume. 

Theresa was desperate with Jen Lilley's version as well so what exactly has changed? I think the only thing that's tiresome is that it's over Brady after all these years. I know she was offscreen for most of those years but had the character stuck around she would've moved on to Chad or some other dude by now. Since that didn't happen it's easy to default to Brady. 

I think EOB could pull off a different character better than RSW can but what I don't get is why they didn't make her Theresa to begin with. A lot of damage would've been averted on this show. She could still be in conflict with Abby and Jennifer etc and had a lot of the same storylines she already did as Gwen.

While I think it's stupid for Sarah to keep it a secret from Xander still I am not bothered she's doing this to him because he lied about Mackenzie to begin with(although I do understand why he did it). 

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 3
16 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

I'm torn. I love Xander so I'm sad for him, but he did the exact same thing to Eric so it is kind of karma. Sarah is the awful one for doing it to both men.

For sure. 

The reasoning both times was always suspect. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, KBrownie said:

I hope the writers just have him be happy to have a daughter when he finds out and avoid any hypocritical histrionics about being lied to. At least his daughter will be alive.

Agreed. And I don't think it would be beyond the character now either, with him having grown up a bit.

1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Theresa was desperate with Jen Lilley's version as well so what exactly has changed?

There's nuance there. Initially they were just enthusiastic "party buddies" (ahem) and then she got more and more desperate and hyper focused on him. Around the 50th, once her hair was more lighter, she lightened up too. She still wanted him, sure, but I really think it was a case of, "I love him, we already have a son, we nearly died, so even if he's hesitant, let's make this work." And it did. Because Brady did love her and they were a happy family unit.

It's a bit rich to hear him now protesting "she nearly killed my Dad!!" when their relationship progressed consensually for years after the attack on John. He chose to be with her and had forgiven her. The show invested in them as a happy couple and Maggie pointed out how Theresa had matured.

As desperate as she was to land him, she was also desperate to protect him, aka, going to Mexico with Matteo.

In her recent interview, Lilley said the producers "got all excited about Theresa" when she suggested just coming back for the funeral only for them to write months worth of story. Sounds more to me like they decided to make her back into a "desperate obsessed woman" a la Kristen, Gabi, Sloan, etc, even if it didn't make sense.

Remember how Brady unfairly compared her to Kristen a few days ago, was told they aren't the same and then said "give her time" ? I think that was the writers hinting at what's to come.

I won't watch it.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, KBrownie said:

For sure. 

The reasoning both times was always suspect. 

I just don't like her as a character at all. When I first came back to the show she was living with Rex and Eric and playing them off each other and I found her incredibly immature.

Plus she's a doctor... two oops pregnancies?? (I know Christina Yang was way smarter than Sarah and had the same tally lol)

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

For me, Sarah is a typical soap character. I may hate her if she ever tried to kill someone and play victim [hi, Gwen!] or becomes another Kristen.

But hiding pregnancies and being bitchy? Meh.

Until then, again for me, she is still relatively rainbows and glitter next to that.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Agreed. And I don't think it would be beyond the character now either, with him having grown up a bit.

There's nuance there. Initially they were just enthusiastic "party buddies" (ahem) and then she got more and more desperate and hyper focused on him. Around the 50th, once her hair was more lighter, she lightened up too. She still wanted him, sure, but I really think it was a case of, "I love him, we already have a son, we nearly died, so even if he's hesitant, let's make this work." And it did. Because Brady did love her and they were a happy family unit.

It's a bit rich to hear him now protesting "she nearly killed my Dad!!" when their relationship progressed consensually for years after the attack on John. He chose to be with her and had forgiven her. The show invested in them as a happy couple and Maggie pointed out how Theresa had matured.

As desperate as she was to land him, she was also desperate to protect him, aka, going to Mexico with Matteo.

In her recent interview, Lilley said the producers "got all excited about Theresa" when she suggested just coming back for the funeral only for them to write months worth of story. Sounds more to me like they decided to make her back into a "desperate obsessed woman" a la Kristen, Gabi, Sloan, etc, even if it didn't make sense.

Remember how Brady unfairly compared her to Kristen a few days ago, was told they aren't the same and then said "give her time" ? I think that was the writers hinting at what's to come.

I won't watch it.

I do think if she stuck around onscreen she would've been slightly less desperate because they would've given her other options in the love interest department but offscreen they don't have to go through so much trouble. So when she returns on screen they go with the laziest option and not have her exhibit any growth at all.

I despise Theresa but she's not as awful as Kristen.

• Like 5

Brady has a type.  

spoilers a few pages back said Gabby goes gone girl.  All I could think of was that Ben Affleck movie where the wife fakes a kidnapping and sets up her husband as the main suspect. 
  I have not watched in a while so not sure that fits.  It more fits a Kristin/Gwen plan.  

• Like 3
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Brady has a type.  

spoilers a few pages back said Gabby goes gone girl.  All I could think of was that Ben Affleck movie where the wife fakes a kidnapping and sets up her husband as the main suspect. 
  I have not watched in a while so not sure that fits.  It more fits a Kristin/Gwen plan.  

I actually wondered if Gwen might fake her death and frame Dimitri for it.Thst seems right up Gwen alley.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
4 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

I actually wondered if Gwen might fake her death and frame Dimitri for it.Thst seems right up Gwen alley.

In theory, you're right.

But there is no one on the canvas who'd give half a shit if Gwen went missing or was "dead", so I doubt it.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3

So Gwen as Theresa will get involved with Ben as Alex...how confusing.

And then we have Harris and Ava acting as some kind of redux of their characters on another show...more confusing.

Ron's obsession with references and recasting is wrecking this show. How do regular (80 year old) viewers make sense of this stuff?

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
55 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ron's obsession with references and recasting is wrecking this show. How do regular (80 year old) viewers make sense of this stuff?

You don't. You simply take it for what it's worth. And for many of us, it's just an old habit or guilty escapism. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

For me, Sarah is a typical soap character. I may hate her if she ever tried to kill someone and play victim [hi, Gwen!] or becomes another Kristen.

But hiding pregnancies and being bitchy? Meh.

For me, I don't despise Sarah for the things she does; I despise her for LG's interpretation and how the show frames Sarah's actions.

Sarah, for whatever reason, is played and framed like a spiteful I Love Lucy character. LG plays Sarah either as comic relief or as unnecessarily cruel. The show, similar to KM's Abby, also doesn't allow people justifiable rage at her actions. Eric should hate Sarah for life for the Mackenzie lie. We know if Nicole had done such a thing the would provide years of drama. I have no faith that the paternity lie with Xander will result any anything substantial or noteworthy.

Chloe is by far my favorite character. People rightfully hated her after her affair with Dan on Lucas. People rightfully hated her after her affair with Philip on Daniel. People rightfully hated her when she schemed against Jennifer. People, unfairly, shunned her after her Holly/Nicole/Deimos storyline.

The show plays Sarah's actions like comedic relief. Isn't Sarah Horton just so wacky? I'm also annoyed that the show isn't doing more with the Mackenzie history. We see flashbacks of Sarah/Mackenzie/Xander which led to the baby switch. Then, we see Sarah wake up with Xander holding Victoria. She doesn't have any fears? She isn't demanding Xander prove he hasn't switched her child again. She names Victoria after the man who facilitated the baby switch in the first place. Maggie and no one else is reminding Sarah this is the second time she's lied about paternity.

I also hate how Sarah goes out of her way to demean Mickey Horton's history. I'm not even a Mickey fan, but since she was introduced she goes out of her way to make sure everyone knows he isn't her "real" father. (Although he raised her and she has his name and family. But okay). That Victor is the love of Maggie's life, etc.

I just find everything about how she is played and framed infuriating. 

Sami is another favorite of mine and it isn't until the late 2000s (with EJ's introduction and Carrie leaving campus) that I think she has similar issues of being a terrible person while the show is trying to frame her as a heroine.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4

So looks like Chloe overhears Rex telling Phillip Xander is the father. I'm appalled at how many people are ok with keeping this a secret. With Mickey it was just Victor and Xander for the longest time until Nicole found out and told Eric. I imagine Chloe will do the same

• Like 4

Look, I've always liked the big brute, but Xander has done awful things. Chloe, like Sarah, shouldn't be suddenly questioning her involvement with him after getting knee-deep. Both women are smart enough to cross "ex-con who shot people I love nearly to death" off their list of eligible candidates for Mr Right.

I think Sarah and Chloe are just desperate and hypocrites. Yeah, sure, he's mellowed out quite a bit, but it's like Brady suddenly being furious Theresa nearly killed his father...after repeatedly sleeping and living with her for years. Dude. Selective outrage much?

Chloe isn't a perfect person either, but in a lot of ways, I think I like her less. I love Nadia, mind you, but all this business about Parker not being her responsibility, and leaving it up to her divorced parents to largely raise him off-camera, that doesn't sit well with me. Craig came out of the closet and that would surely have been a big deal for Parker, since Craig was his pseudo-father figure. After Grandma and Grandpa broke up, you'd think Chloe would take him in...but nope. She's free as a bird to explore her romantic and "career" options (what IS her career anyway?)

Chloe should have better dating options. But then, if there were normal decent people in Salem, the writers wouldn't know how to keep them that way LOL.

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Look, I've always liked the big brute, but Xander has done awful things. Chloe, like Sarah, shouldn't be suddenly questioning her involvement with him after getting knee-deep. Both women are smart enough to cross "ex-con who shot people I love nearly to death" off their list of eligible candidates for Mr Right.

I think Sarah and Chloe are just desperate and hypocrites. Yeah, sure, he's mellowed out quite a bit, but it's like Brady suddenly being furious Theresa nearly killed his father...after repeatedly sleeping and living with her for years. Dude. Selective outrage much?

Chloe isn't a perfect person either, but in a lot of ways, I think I like her less. I love Nadia, mind you, but all this business about Parker not being her responsibility, and leaving it up to her divorced parents to largely raise him off-camera, that doesn't sit well with me. Craig came out of the closet and that would surely have been a big deal for Parker, since Craig was his pseudo-father figure. After Grandma and Grandpa broke up, you'd think Chloe would take him in...but nope. She's free as a bird to explore her romantic and "career" options (what IS her career anyway?)

Chloe should have better dating options. But then, if there were normal decent people in Salem, the writers wouldn't know how to keep them that way LOL.

Problem is Sarah married Xander, and told Rex planned this pregnancy, after he'd done his worst crimes. Shooting Marlena and Brady, leaving Nicole and Eric to die, faking Holly's death... all those were way way worse than holding Susan and Bonnie in a shed. Sarah knew exactly what she was getting in Xander 

Chloe seems more willing to just realize he's a bit of a mess but so is she so she'll take him how he is. I much prefer that dynamic. Maggie is correct that you either accept the admittedly huge flaws or move on. But lying about a baby is always wrong 

• Like 5

See, this is why I wish the show would allow at least some of the characters to remain child-free, because most of the time, you won't actually see them raising their kids. Especially now with budgets being as tight as they are. It's not even really a new thing- we didn't see Patch and Kayla raising any of their kids.

I would prefer that Gwen leaves by ripping off Dimitri and leaving him broke and penniless and ta-taing her way off to the Maldives. Gwen isn't the best character, but Emily O'Brien would rock the hell out of that kind of exit. "I got mine- see ya later, bitches!" 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Chloe shipping Parker off bothers me more than all of the other “absentee” parents on this show. People like Nicole get a lot of flack for not being around their kids enough, but I give most of the characters slack because I know this is just how soaps are with most kid characters (out of sight, out of mind) but with Chloe we know he is truly out of sight and barely on her mind. She is barely bothering to raise him and there’s no real reason for that.

48 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Problem is Sarah married Xander, and told Rex planned this pregnancy, after he'd done his worst crimes. Shooting Marlena and Brady, leaving Nicole and Eric to die, faking Holly's death... all those were way way worse than holding Susan and Bonnie in a shed. Sarah knew exactly what she was getting in Xander 

Chloe seems more willing to just realize he's a bit of a mess but so is she so she'll take him how he is. I much prefer that dynamic. Maggie is correct that you either accept the admittedly huge flaws or move on. But lying about a baby is always wrong 

It doesn’t really matter that his past crimes are worse than the Susan mess (though it seems clear now they had Sarah concentrate so much on the Susan aspect so that Susan being being alive means ‘ok, bygones problems solved.’) Sarah did not forgive Xander’s past behavior and then go ‘Please continue being a sociopath and lie to me some more.’ Xander had assured her that he had changed, but after a little bit of struggle he resorted to form. Not only did he go back to committing crimes, but he lied to Sarah repeatedly. And not just lied, he basically gaslit her. Sarah was smart enough - and knew him well enough - to put together what he was up to. Despite his actions being horrible, if he had just been honest with her when she confronted him, she probably would have easily (too easily) forgiven him. Instead, he made her feel like an idiot and disloyal for daring to question him. And somehow Sarah’s the villain here and Xander’s the victim? Yeah, it sucks she’s on baby lie number two, but her reasons for lying to Xander make a hell of a lot more sense than her reasons for lying to Eric.

I’ve always hated the Xander/Sarah pairing (don’t really see the chemistry.) Despite my dislike of Xander, I do think he and Chloe have a lot of chemistry and a fun dynamic. BUT, I still think she’s too good for him. And I think the only reason she’s willing to put up with him & his past, is she hasn’t been through the same things as Sarah. Yeah, Xander left her with a Mexican druglord, but like Sarah before her, Xander has convinced her he’s changed. I think if she had been in a relationship with him and constantly lied to, she wouldn’t be as forgiving. I think Theresa, the other day,  nailed who he is at his core. He’s “good” as long as things are going okay. When they’re not, who he really is inevitably comes out.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
5 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I also hate how Sarah goes out of her way to demean Mickey Horton's history. I'm not even a Mickey fan, but since she was introduced she goes out of her way to make sure everyone knows he isn't her "real" father. (Although he raised her and she has his name and family. But okay). That Victor is the love of Maggie's life, etc.

I have mentioned hating this more than once, but this example, unlike the others, I don't think can be laid at Sarah's feet as a character. That's the writing at large, especially since it appears everyone ELSE has basically hand-waved Mickey Horton, too.

It's gross, but it's typical hack writing where Ron and his team are concerned.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Chloe shipping Parker off bothers me more than all of the other “absentee” parents on this show. People like Nicole get a lot of flack for not being around their kids enough, but I give most of the characters slack because I know this is just how soaps are with most kid characters (out of sight, out of mind) but with Chloe we know he is truly out of sight and barely on her mind. She is barely bothering to raise him and there’s no real reason for that.

It doesn’t really matter that his past crimes are worse than the Susan mess (though it seems clear now they had Sarah concentrate so much on the Susan aspect so that Susan being being alive means ‘ok, bygones problems solved.’) Sarah did not forgive Xander’s past behavior and then go ‘Please continue being a sociopath and lie to me some more.’ Xander had assured her that he had changed, but after a little bit of struggle he resorted to form. Not only did he go back to committing crimes, but he lied to Sarah repeatedly. And not just lied, he basically gaslit her. Sarah was smart enough - and knew him well enough - to put together what he was up to. Despite his actions being horrible, if he had just been honest with her when she confronted him, she probably would have easily (too easily) forgiven him. Instead, he made her feel like an idiot and disloyal for daring to question him. And somehow Sarah’s the villain here and Xander’s the victim? Yeah, it sucks she’s on baby lie number two, but her reasons for lying to Xander make a hell of a lot more sense than her reasons for lying to Eric.

I’ve always hated the Xander/Sarah pairing (don’t really see the chemistry.) Despite my dislike of Xander, I do think he and Chloe have a lot of chemistry and a fun dynamic. BUT, I still think she’s too good for him. And I think the only reason she’s willing to put up with him & his past, is she hasn’t been through the same things as Sarah. Yeah, Xander left her with a Mexican druglord, but like Sarah before her, Xander has convinced her he’s changed. I think if she had been in a relationship with him and constantly lied to, she wouldn’t be as forgiving. I think Theresa, the other day,  nailed who he is at his core. He’s “good” as long as things are going okay. When they’re not, who he really is inevitably comes out.

I can't disagree with any of this but I just like Xander and find Sarah unlikable so I will always be sympathetic to him. The heart wants what it wants lol

• Like 6
3 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

ICAM Chloe has taken Brady and Phillip to task for far less than what Xander has done. So for me it doesn't ring true she would be accepting of Xander. Gwen OTOH I do believe that unfortunately she's a dud of a character.

• Like 3
15 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

ICAM Chloe has taken Brady and Phillip to task for far less than what Xander has done. So for me it doesn't ring true she would be accepting of Xander. Gwen OTOH I do believe that unfortunately she's a dud of a character.

Well to be fair in the last year or so Xander has kidnapped Susan with no intention of harming her, Phillip has injected Brady with alcohol and framed him for his own death, and Brady has kidnapped Stefan and tried to fry his brain with a kitchen appliance or two. Honestly Xander is the lesser of three evils here.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3