Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

Surely Steve can go for some family counselling - both alone and with Tripp and with Kayla - and then all three of them together. All of them. Some heart to heart talking about how Kayla feels about all this - a grown adult 'child' that she didn't know much about, but now needs to deal with it and accept a new member of 'family'. It's 2017 and not the era of the Brady Bunch. Steve has to decide what to do and how to approach any relationship with his grown presumed-dead 'son'. He can also choose not to. Kayla can support him and slowly get to know Tripp - not just accept it as-is and suck it up. She can be friendly but she has to decide if she wants anything to do with Tripp.

• Love 2
On 8/19/2017 at 6:44 PM, Apprentice79 said:

Kayla always gives into Steve. She doesn't get any consideration from him.

I think with all that we have seen and continue to see, it is clear that Steve doesn't give a damn about Kayla.  He cares about what he gets from Kayla and having a perpetual doormat in his life, but I don't believe that Steve has ever or would ever put what's best for Kayla over what's best for Steve.  I just want Kayla to walk away from Steve, but of course that won't happen as everyone in Salem would tell her how wrong she is.  Hell, they would probably resurrect Bo, the one person who legitimately loved Kayla best, long enough to tell her how wrong she is and that she should kiss Steve's feet and be thankful for his presence in her life.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Happytobehere said:

I think with all that we have seen and continue to see, it is clear that Steve doesn't give a damn about Kayla.  He cares about what he gets from Kayla and having a perpetual doormat in his life, but I don't believe that Steve has ever or would ever put what's best for Kayla over what's best for Steve.  I just want Kayla to walk away from Steve, but of course that won't happen as everyone in Salem would tell her how wrong she is.  Hell, they would probably resurrect Bo, the one person who legitimately loved Kayla best, long enough to tell her how wrong she is and that she should kiss Steve's feet and be thankful for his presence in her life.

I hate to keep dragging the spoiler thread into the past... but that's why it was so important after the rape that after being torn in different directions, Steve did choose Kayla over Jack.  There was a rapprochement later, but if he hadn't done that pretty definitively, they wouldn't have survived as a couple.  The writers have forgotten about how important that was.  They keep repeating the "let's beat up on Kayla" beat without the part that makes it at all worthwhile.

• Love 2

Last of week Aug 28

Tuesday, August 29, 2017
Chad/Abby/Sonny/Paul decide to have a double wedding. 

Andre asks for “Marlena’s” help, not knowing she’s actually a vengeful Hattie. 

Wednesday, August 30, 2017
John and Marlena develop an escape plan. 

Thursday, August 31, 2017
Brady plays dirty on Nicole’s behalf. 

JJ and Lani take time out for a little romance. 

Friday, September 1, 2017
Maggie and Bonnie clash. 

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:

I'm kinda hoping for JJabi V2.0 so I'm okay with Lani and JJ breaking up. I don't care enough about Lani (writing/acting) to invest in her as 1/2 of any couple.

My dislike of an Eli and Lani pairing totally has to do with the optics of having the only two black characters being put together, like they can't bear to have mixed race couples.

• Love 2

That's a rather simple way to absolve him of everything he just did to Kayla isn't it?

Plus, if he's broke, doesn't that mean he's immediately going to have to start living with Kayla and Steve and relying on them to pay for his medical school bills?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Anjelica is going to die of a heart attack while fighting Bonnie next to a blacked out Lucas, Lucas is going to wake up and find Anjelica lying dead next to him and think he slept with her.

I know, suspend disbelief. Blah, blah. But I never got the old trope of waking up and not knowing if you have had sex with someone. I mean, I would think one would know their own bodies. Sorry. But it never made sense to me.

ETA: Except for rape drugs or something, maybe. And I just saw that Lucas is wasted. I guess that makes it a bit better for this trope, but still...

• Love 2

BREAKING NEWS

https://www.blogger.com/video.g?token=AD6v5dx9tfIru0sD0pzTBR_Jo16xSibwd1pEfGDrCM36cO7hTG0UiITQa8_6DSzFwOTcMoJw4XPu2KuOj-WTHyjUTg5thkQ8nnQihyuUm1mG0gf-yTdp6LCWFluuth7dQ6iUyZM57FpL

These are two of Theo's final scenes. Kyler Pettis is leaving the show either late December or early January and somehow these two scenes made their way online.

(Watch 'em now folks!)

From what we can glean from them, Theo goes away from Salem to be part of some "program" for a year after having spent a considerable amount of time in the hospital. He says that he will be an uncle by the time he returns.

I guess Lani gets pregnant?

The 1st clip shows Claire playing her new song for him and them listening to it on earbuds while laying on a hospital bed. She is weepy but friendly, reassuring him that time will fly by. I don't get the sense that they are a couple.

The 2nd clip shows the new Ciara coming in. Theo gets especially weepy around her as she asks to hold his hand again as they used to do when they had childhood sleepovers and she was frightened. They hug and she walks away quickly leaving Theo to dry his tears.

I am amazed that this got leaked online and wonder how that happened. Nevertheless, the new Ciara seems a bit more confident than the previous version, but doesn't sound or look especially like Bo or Hope. She's wearing a leather jacket but I'm just not getting much sense of her personality yet. It seems at a glance that she might bear a bit of a resemblance to Lauren Bowles but that may just be wishful thinking on my part.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Nevertheless, the new Ciara seems a bit more confident than the previous version, but doesn't sound or look especially like Bo or Hope. She's wearing a leather jacket but I'm just not getting much sense of her personality yet. It seems at a glance that she might bear a bit of a resemblance to Lauren Boles but that may just be wishful thinking on my part.

How does she seem as an actress?  Better or worse than Vivian?

Hard to say. She definitely speaks more clearly and enunciates better, but she also seems a bit stiff and generic. Think of the pretty girl at school who was decent at public speaking but never really seemed to connect. She gets to say a couple of lines about sleepovers with Theo when she was a kid and I think it's supposed to be much more emotional than what she actually gives us on screen. I can't even tell if she chokes up at all or if all of the sobbing comes from Kyler, who is visibly broken up.

Fans are saying Theo is paralyzed and that's why he's on the bed (but fully dressed) in both scenes. They're comparing it to Chad getting shot and leaving town a few years back. Think they'll recast?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1

There is also a rumor that the show will tackle the volatile issue between the Police and communities of color via Theo.  I don't trust Days to do that, if it was All My Children, I would say hell yeah. Plus, Ron is rumored to have said that he does not know how to write for Black people.  So, I hope the show stays away from this issue..

The Young & the restless was the best at portraying Black people, the actors always had input in creating their characters. You had Livia, Drucilla, Nate, Neil and Malcolm.  I always appreciated that while they were Black, they each had different personalities that was related to their backstories. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

How can they do that with all the cops being "good"? (I struggle to consider Hope and Rafe good, but you get my drift). There would have to be really bad cops on the cast. If they just add one guy to make him racist, it's downplaying the reality of the struggle.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

How can they do that with all the cops being "good"? (I struggle to consider Hope and Rafe good, but you get my drift). There would have to be really bad cops on the cast. If they just add one guy to make him racist, it's downplaying the reality of the struggle.

It could be a story about implicit bias. That can be even more insidious at times, then, overt racism.  For example: some people say homophobic or misogynistic things, without, realizing how damaging and hurtful that could be..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

It could be a story about implicit bias. That can be even more insidious at times, then, overt racism.  For example: some people say homophobic or misogynistic things, without, realizing how damaging and hurtful that could be..

Shoot, they could use Rafe for that. He's so horribly bad at being a cop...and super awful with the misogyny. 

• Love 5
On 8/22/2017 at 2:03 AM, DisneyBoy said:

That's a rather simple way to absolve him of everything he just did to Kayla isn't it?

Plus, if he's broke, doesn't that mean he's immediately going to have to start living with Kayla and Steve and relying on them to pay for his medical school bills?

He can move into Joey's old room! It's not like he's going to need it.

So...Claire is pretty much the only person/original cast left standing from the latest iteration of the teen scene, right? Wow. She's like the JJ of her group, although JJ's teen scene was pitifully small. It was really just JJ, Paige, and long-haired dude, with an insane amount of involvement from Teresa, Jen, Eve, and Dr. Tan.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

She's like the JJ of her group, although JJ's teen scene was pitifully small. It was really just JJ, Paige, and long-haired dude, with an insane amount of involvement from Teresa, Jen, Eve, and Dr. Tan.

Actually, that teen scene was J.J., Paige, Rory (the long-haired dude in question), Bev, and Mary Beth (who was summarily replaced by Daphne when the actress playing Mary Beth got a part in a big movie).

• Love 1
On 8/21/2017 at 3:24 PM, Silver Raven said:

My dislike of an Eli and Lani pairing totally has to do with the optics of having the only two black characters being put together, like they can't bear to have mixed race couples.

I was a fan of Gabi and JJ before Lani came to town so it has nothing to do with race.  JJ is the only white person of the four so whichever it goes there will be mixed race couple.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 2

I would. Paige sucked. Weird face, weird performance, a downer, no personality until she was livid with her mother for boinking JJ. No thank you.

But I wouldn't put it past them to think bringing her back is a good move since she won an Emmy and is still dating Casey and was killed right before Will.

Not to disparage Ms. DePaiva in any way, but isn't she in her 50s? I mean, sure, by history, Eve is younger, but since Eve had a practically grown kid, my guess is she was slightly aged, too.

So I can't see her pregnant.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Eve comes back in October with "a big secret".....

She realized that she wasn't Southern?  

What a tragic recast.  A decent actress woefully miscast as a mischievous Donovan.

If they want to give the actress some work, bring her back as a new character.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, SanDiegoInExile said:

She realized that she wasn't Southern?  

What a tragic recast.  A decent actress woefully miscast as a mischievous Donovan.

If they want to give the actress some work, bring her back as a new character.

She is not Eve and never will be..  I loved her as Blair on One life to live.

Edited by Apprentice79

Week of September 4

Monday September 4:

"Days" is pre-empted due to golf.

Tuesday September 5:

Theo is jealous when Claire says she wants to invite Tripp to move in with them.

Wednesday September 6:

John and Marlena make their move to escape.

Hattie struggles to maintain her charade with Brady.

Thursday September 7:

Andre holds a press conference to make a shocking announcement.

Abe and Theo have a heartwarming reunion.

Friday September 8:

Adrienne finds an unlikely ally.

• Love 2

More on. Week of September 4

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 
Tripp tries to make things right with Kayla. 

Hope questions Bonnie about Anjelica. 

Wednesday, September 6, 2017
Eric & Nicole share a close moment. 

Hattie struggles to maintain her charade with Brady. 

Wednesday, September 6, 2017
Hope, Rafe, and Eli race against time to save Gabi. 

Thursday, September 7, 2017 
Paul starts to catch on to Hattie's deception. 

Friday, September 8, 2017 
Andre is stunned when he encounters John & Marlena.

• Love 3

Of course you would.  rme

Why the eye roll? I don't think I've even breathed a word about my opinions on Paige since she was last on the show. Is this my thing? Am I a hater?

What are you getting at...

• Love 2
On 8/25/2017 at 7:27 PM, Silver Raven said:

Eve comes back in October with "a big secret".  I wonder if she could be pregnant by Justin?

I wonder if it has to do with Theresa--maybe Shane and Kim told her the secret mission Theresa went on in Mexico?

And I love that Claire and Tripp are spending more time together--Theo can suck it with the jealousy.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Why the eye roll? I don't think I've even breathed a word about my opinions on Paige since she was last on the show. Is this my thing? Am I a hater?

What are you getting at...

I guess now we're in the same club. ;)

• Love 3

Last of week September 4

Gabi finds herself in a dangerous situation. 

Thursday, Sept 7, 2017
Chad & Abigail share their big news with Jennifer & JJ. 

Fri, September 8, 2017
Paul seeks help from Hope about John & Marlena. 

Bonnie makes a bold move. 

• Love 1

Gabi finds herself in a dangerous situation.

She's forced to wear a top that actually covers her midriff?

According to private Twitter conversations, Eileen apparently filmed the last two weeks of Alison Sweeney's guest stint before the summer break. Seems likely she'll therefore be back as Susan. She also confirmed at a Y&R fan event last weekend that she's no longer filming on DAYS.

Also, new guy is not playing EJ.

• Love 3