Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

On 12/23/2017 at 9:35 PM, jpagan05 said:

We are apparently in the minority, but I totally agree. I cringed when I saw how angry she got because I knew how she would be perceived. I have a shitty dad too, and only have anger for him, but long for a normal father/daughter relationship. It's a weird feeling and I have guilt about it all the time. The birthday was just one more thing. David will do anything for the betterment of his life and doesn't even seem slightly embarrassed about it. Ashley showed up for the wedding because she thought it was the right thing to do. She doesn't have to agree with it. I hope she is able to feel enough happiness within herself to manage to move forward.

@jpagan05 - I wouldn't have any guilt.  My father was a raging alcoholic and we would cheer when he did not come home.  If you look around you can see that a lot of people have at least 1 crappy parent and some have 2.  You have to let it go and make sure you choose a better father for your own children.  If I was mad at anybody it was my mom who chose this asshole for us.  She finally woke up and left him but all of us kids, prior to her leaving, would tell her to NOT TELL stories of how wonderful her father was.  We didn't want to hear it while she was staying with a total asshole.

At some point you have to just chalk it up to life and move on.  The more Ashley gets angry, and she does look like a lunatic, the more control he has over her.  Letting go of the feelings of a parent who will not change is very freeing.

My mom, until the day she died, always paid for our car tabs as a bday present.  She never forgot and they always came in plenty of time.  Once you have kids your own birthday is nothing, no?

As for details on other countries you can go to the CIA World Factbook.  Here is a link to Morocco.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, IntoTheMystic said:

I am still trying to figure out why Ashley said she wanted to punch (or hit, I can't recall the exact wording) Annie right in the face. Annie hasn't done anything to Ashley. 

Misplaced anger. It's the same reason a wife will blame and want to punish her husband's mistress more than her cheating husband. It's less painful to accept that a stranger has wronged you than someone you love/family member. 

• Love 17
18 hours ago, Forum member said:

Annie stole her daddy.

I see it differently. She's angry at Annie because she knows her dad has spent a shit ton of money on her and probably never had any for her,  her siblings, and his grandkids.  I can see it now.  "Sorry Ashley, I can't afford Christmas gifts for the grandkids this year.  Oh, and here's my wife I spent $$ on."  Even if he's spending Chris' money on Annie, he has managed to find a way to give money to another woman who is essentially a hooker.  

• Love 11
On 12/27/2017 at 5:21 PM, karateboy40 said:

I feel so awful for poor David that his brother in law Solomon does not like him.  It must be hard to already be away from family and friends and then to have your new brother in law hate you.   It reminds me of Pedro and River.  Poor David and Pedro.  :(   

He’s a grown ass man, no sympathy. Maybe Evelyn’s teen brother finds it creepy that this man, 10 years older, has been hitting on his sister since she was 15. Plus, David isn't exactly Mr Personality. Maybe her brother has seen him act like a dick once too often, like the way David treated Mikayla. In any event I certainly don’t feel “awful” for him or think of him as “poor David.” I don’t like him myself, he just gets lost in the shuffle when there are bigger assholes around (the other David, Nicole, Luis...).

On 12/28/2017 at 9:19 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

OMG, My birthday is November 1.  I will always remember to send an anniversary card, lol.

You probably only have to remember to send an anniversary card for a few years, if that. ? 

On 12/28/2017 at 2:50 PM, sasha206 said:

I'm with you.

Ashley is certainly rough around the edges. But her asshole father has spent a lifetime making chasing tail more important than being a father.  So this is just symobolic of her whole life with him -- the tail he is chasing gets to have her "special day" on his child's birthday.  It's disgusting.  

Exactly. And no, as an adult you shouldn't expect the whole world to give a shit about your birthday. But one of the very few people who should always give a shit about someone’s birthday is their father, IMO. It was just another slap in the face to Ashley in a long line of fatherly failure from David. 

On 12/29/2017 at 0:02 PM, IntoTheMystic said:

I am still trying to figure out why Ashley said she wanted to punch (or hit, I can't recall the exact wording) Annie right in the face. Annie hasn't done anything to Ashley. 

I think part of it is that she knows the only reason Annie would be with her dad is to get to the US and/or whatever other sham reason. She also doesn’t want any happiness, real or not, for David and Annie brings him some.

9 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I see it differently. She's angry at Annie because she knows her dad has spent a shit ton of money on her and probably never had any for her,  her siblings, and his grandkids.  I can see it now.  "Sorry Ashley, I can't afford Christmas gifts for the grandkids this year.  Oh, and here's my wife I spent $$ on."  Even if he's spending Chris' money on Annie, he has managed to find a way to give money to another woman who is essentially a hooker.  

This too. Didn’t David not pay support for his son? So he couldn’t pay his parental obligations but he’s got money to have a wedding and buy Annie stuff.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 3
On 12/3/2017 at 9:39 PM, Adeejay said:

Aika is 36 years old. She has made it perfectly clear that having a family is important to her.  Unless she was in a convent, I wonder why she hasn't found anyone until now. 

Because she wants a child from a foreigner.

On 12/3/2017 at 10:24 PM, PityFree said:

Why is Elizabeth wasting any money at all with a formal wedding? she just go to the justice of the peace with Andrei and save money for a big wedding in a year.

Exactly. 

On 12/3/2017 at 11:00 PM, Splithair said:

A lot of people do have misconceptions about the US, but it's pretty clear that David and Annie's relationship in Thailand was financed 100% by Chris and Nikki. I'm not that surprised she feels let down.

I agree but WHY?????? Because David had a stroke? I don't get it. 

On 12/4/2017 at 4:23 PM, Normades said:

All I could think while Aika kept going on about wanting a baby in 3 to 6 months was --- You need to find housing without roommates first!!!  Who would want to start their family while living in a roommate situation??  Plus, does that house belong to Josh or is he renting?  I thought he was a renter not owner.  Either way, they have lots to figure out before starting a family or even looking into reversal.  Does anyone know what Josh does for a living?

He probably promised her that the roommates would be out by now-if he even told her he had roommates. 

(edited)
On 12/19/2017 at 2:06 AM, Suzywriter said:

Does anyone else feel kind of sorry for Nicole? She looks so forlorn and unhappy most of the time, and her family does nothing but tear her down and demand that she answer  their dire predictions. The mom seemed like she was trying to be humiliating on the tell-all.

No. I repeat, NO. She's an absolutely disgusting slob that is nothing but a taker. And she's physically abusive. So she can go to hell.

On 12/19/2017 at 7:22 AM, Bryce Lynch said:

Now that Nicole's Mom spilled the tea about Nicole regularly sending cash to Azan, I finally understand why Azan is in the "relationship".  He is a bum who wants to live off her (mother's) cash.  He may or may not want a green card, but he clearly likes the money.  It all makes sense now.

I guess American children should be more like good Thai children like her and become bahtdigging whores.

Azan said in one of the episodes that Nicole once sent him $300, then $800, then $500. In addition to being a disgusting slob, she is a moron.

On 12/19/2017 at 9:32 AM, bichonblitz said:

Andreii may be hot, but I can't get past his greasy hair and bangs stuck to his head. If he would just wash it and get a better style....

While I'm on the shallow subject of looks, I have never seen Evil-lyn look so awful. Those big red lips and uncombed hair was hideous. How is it possible to make an other wise beautiful girl look so bad is beyond me. 

All of the makeup artists should be fired. 

I am not Team Andrei. At all. I get the amusing phrases he uses and the blunt way he says stuff cuts right to the chase, but I can't get past Libby having to show him each piece of the clothing she was taking to Miami in order to get his approval. "How high up will that go?" he asked and she proceeds to hold the dress up to herself like a trained seal. That doesn't fly with me. He is very rigid and expects Libby to immediately change into a submissive, obedient wife that will cook him dinner and stay in the kitchen. He thinks that once they married, anything remotely resembling single life (going out with friends or whatever) is off the table. Eff that. I think going out for dinner and drinks with friends on occasion is absolutely fine and should not be viewed as a desire to cheat or flirt or whatever else.

Libby seemed so desperate that she was willing to look past these rules which is her right, but if I were one of her sisters and she came whining to me later about how she's not allowed to do things or that he's too controlling, I'd say, "Don't whine to me about it, you chose this." I would bet he will be a hard worker and a good provider, but for me the trade off for that is entirely too high unless you were a submissive person to begin with, which Libby was not.

I had a guy friend that was so desperate to marry in his mid-30s that when he met this gal who was a vegan, he said he was a vegan too when he was no such thing. They eventually married and he was going insane to friends about not being able to eat what he wanted. He was pretending to be something he never was and it was making him nuts. It's been forever since I've seen him so I have no end to the story but going into something and adopting a whole new personality or outlook or whatever in order to keep a mate seems unhealthy and insane to me. Maybe Libby will settle in nicely to being an obedient doormat.

PS I know I am VERY late to this party. I have spent the past week binge watching every episode of all the Fiance shows due to boredom and feeling like absolute shit from chemo. 

As for the others: 

Evelyn is like that Audrey from Little People, Big World. She's 18 and knows everything about everything and even more now because she's married. Get over yourself. I see no chemistry there either. The husband will never get used to small town living and she made it pretty clear that she's not interested in going anywhere else. Even the brother made it sound like his life would be over if they moved. I view husband as a doormat that at some point will lose it after one too many apple picking trips.

Fat David is so fat and gross. So incredibly unappealing on sight. A lazy slob happy to mooch off people to pay his bills. How incredibly unattractive.

The Arizona couple I fast forwarded because I just didn't see anything compelling there. He looks like a violent guy to me. I got a scary vibe. His friend set off my gaydar. I don't really know much about how they met or anything because I just was not interested.

Molly and Luis. What could I possibly say that has not been said already. As far as I'm concerned, she is getting what she deserves.

I really don't feel bad for any of these people and the crying. It's impossible to feel sorry for anyone on this show. I'm at the point where I'm fucking cheering when shit happens to Nicole that pisses her off or makes her sad. 

Edited by configdotsys
fixed something
  • Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:54 PM, configdotsys said:

Evelyn is like that Audrey from Little People, Big World. She's 18 and knows everything about everything and even more now because she's married. Get over yourself. I see no chemistry there either. The husband will never get used to small town living and she made it pretty clear that she's not interested in going anywhere else. Even the brother made it sound like his life would be over if they moved. I view husband as a doormat that at some point will lose it after one too many apple picking trips.

Heh. Come over to the LPBW board.  Jerkamy and Oddj have their own thread that is like twice the amount of pages as his twin brother's thread.  I think they all follow the same strange brand of Christianity.  Evelyn's parents had no issue with their young daughter marrying someone with such a large age difference.  Evelyn's "vintage" wedding was a lot like Oddj's, down to the ugly dress (but at least Evelyn didn't take an 80's dress, completely remove the structure to make it what she wanted, and then complain about it not staying up, or have her bridesmaids wear hideously ugly dresses made "from vintage bedsheets").  And I could totally see her reciting her wedding vows during sexy time, like Jerkamy and Oddj do (that creeps me out so much).  Maybe D&E will start presenting themselves as marriage experts and start charging people for advice like J&A.  And maybe in 2-3 years, they'll be as miserable as J&A seem to be.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

Heh. Come over to the LPBW board.  Jerkamy and Oddj have their own thread that is like twice the amount of pages as his twin brother's thread.  I think they all follow the same strange brand of Christianity.  Evelyn's parents had no issue with their young daughter marrying someone with such a large age difference.  Evelyn's "vintage" wedding was a lot like Oddj's, down to the ugly dress (but at least Evelyn didn't take an 80's dress, completely remove the structure to make it what she wanted, and then complain about it not staying up, or have her bridesmaids wear hideously ugly dresses made "from vintage bedsheets").  And I could totally see her reciting her wedding vows during sexy time, like Jerkamy and Oddj do (that creeps me out so much).  Maybe D&E will start presenting themselves as marriage experts and start charging people for advice like J&A.  And maybe in 2-3 years, they'll be as miserable as J&A seem to be.

What?

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Landlord said:

What?

Yep.  It's one of the many things that super marriage experts Jerkamy and Oddj recommend you do to keep your odds up of beating divorce.  Seriously.  I don't want to google it now because I might get put on a watchlist at work, but I'll see if I can find it later.  It's referenced a number of times in their thread on the LPBW board.

Anfisa spoke up in defense of Annie saying we shouldn't draw a conclusion without having the proper data. (Words to that effect, anyway.)

But then, Annie didn't hesitate to throw Anfisa under the bus, gleefully announcing, "It sure looked like you!"  

I've noticed Annie is very good at being hurtful with her harsh words, seemingly impervious to the damage she's causing.

Azan...

Azan is a total scumbag. Nicole may be one of the biggest dummies on the planet, sashaying her marshmallow fupa to Morocco with 6K, but Azan robbed her blind with a smile on his face. She would be hurt less if he had simply robbed her in an alley and run off with her purse. At least then her heart wouldn't be broken and her head wouldn't be f*cked with. 

To let her try on gowns… and crowns, to make her feel like a fairy princess for a moment only to rip the rug out from underneath her feet -- well, that's a special kind of cruel.  The way she lit up when the seamstress put that tiara on her head and put the mirror in front of her big dumb face. Azan, made Mohamed Jbali look like prince charming! Seriously, when he was being shady with the producers, smirking because he was so happy about that money and so f*cking pleased with himself for pulling it off. When rent for the entire family is the equivalent of $55 a month, that money will keep them all afloat for a long time.  I don't know whether or not his family is in on it, but at this point, they're obviously aware that he's scamming her. If she goes back and they cooperate with the charade again, then they're as guilty as he is if they aren't already.

His store is as real as their future wedding. If he had any humanity, he would let her go.

• Love 5
On 7/26/2018 at 12:51 PM, funky-rat said:

The only show I absolutely cannot stomach is anything with the Duggars. It's 19 people with resting dumb face. Jessa wins though. She's got the dumbest face of all. Also, they all belong to that Bill Gothard Cult and that guy is a documented pedophile. I know I'm veering off here but just can't resist an opportunity to snark on the Duggars. They have some of the weirdest religious views on the planet. Bill Gothard never married, but he did visit the Duggar home accompanied by underaged girls. Hand holding and side hugs only though, decent human beings that they were.

Please forgive my tangential fussing. I can't really share my thoughts on the Duggar board because they get really, really, really really upset. (Underline really really really really.)

Maybe some of the abandoned guys from 90 Days could marry Duggar women. Jason wouldn't be into it, but I could definitely see Pole going for it. And, he wouldn't have to give them pregnancy tests. Well, actually, knowing him, he would. After all, Josh still comes around....

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 6

Azan is a cruel user and thief but Nicole is a gross, disgusting, whiny pig with no brain cells. I don't understand the pussyfooting around. Her mother is all about the Brady Bunch tone of voice, "Are you sure he's not using you? Can I see the store?" The father is all, "Well, I think he's just using her." Um, ya think?

Tell your daughter she is a fucking moron that is being used and will never see her money again and will never have a wedding with this asshole. The people filming are watching her get ripped off. Why is no one seriously confronting Azan? He gets softball questions all around and gives vague, shrugging answers and that's allowed to fly.

There comes a time when you cut bait with people who are too stupid to realize they are being taken. Nicole's mom needs to fly home and close her purse. Catering to the whims of an infantile, petulant child like Nicole is doing her no favors. She'll probably come back to Florida penniless and be preggo by some local loser in no time. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Azan is a cruel user and thief but Nicole is a gross, disgusting, whiny pig with no brain cells. I don't understand the pussyfooting around. Her mother is all about the Brady Bunch tone of voice, "Are you sure he's not using you? Can I see the store?" The father is all, "Well, I think he's just using her." Um, ya think?

Tell your daughter she is a fucking moron that is being used and will never see her money again and will never have a wedding with this asshole. The people filming are watching her get ripped off. Why is no one seriously confronting Azan? He gets softball questions all around and gives vague, shrugging answers and that's allowed to fly.

There comes a time when you cut bait with people who are too stupid to realize they are being taken. Nicole's mom needs to fly home and close her purse. Catering to the whims of an infantile, petulant child like Nicole is doing her no favors. She'll probably come back to Florida penniless and be preggo by some local loser in no time. 

I agree. Once he took the $6000 from her, there was no question that the situation was no longer 'friendly.' It was time to call him out on his bullshit, on camera so when it aired, the entire world would see it.

Nicole looked blanched and heartbroken, like someone had died. After all, she was days away from getting the D, and now there would be no D, no Azan, dream living in Morocco with May far away from her long-suffering grandparents. 

Mohamed is looking at Azan and taking notes.  Looking at Nicole, the song Under My Thumb comes to mind..... "The way she speaks when she's spoken to..."

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Nicole looked blanched and heartbroken, like someone had died. After all, she was days away from getting the D, and now there would be no D, no Azan, dream living in Morocco with May far away from her long-suffering grandparents. 

She definitely looked heartbroken, but I have to say I have zero sympathy for her. Don't give me this "But I was in love..." bullshit. She saw the signs and chose to ignore them and whined at her mother any time she questioned anything. Well, good. Now live with the consequences of being a stupid fool. 

He sweet talked her into six grand! Six grand is a lot of money. You have a daughter! Put that money away for her. He's seriously cleaning her out in front of her own eyes. If the whole idea was for them to marry and then relocate to the US, why would they open a store in Morocco? Is it for the sister to run? Was she in on this too and never really made plans that had to be cancelled?

May is going to come back to the US and live under economic hardship (or the largesse of the grandparents until Nicole bleeds them dry) because her stupid ass of a mother is giving her money to this user. Let me do my math here: Sympathy = ZERO.

• Love 3
On 12/28/2017 at 1:51 PM, Kareem said:

And as she pummels her beloved, her mama will watch it and say to all within earshot, "I'm really afraid this could escalate", as if A-man would suddenly punch her in in the head or something.  I really pray she meant Nicole when when she said that... 

It's a scary thought because we know Nicole is capable of escalating. She acted like a beast during her second trip to Morocco! And, her mother looked at the footage and said feebly, "That's not love..."

Clearly, it's not the first time she's seen Nicole's rage. 

Wait till Azan rips the rug out from underneath her during Morocco Tour of Humiliation IV.  If she fights him off camera, he might fight back. Clearly, he's a soulless bastard, and clearly, he's got no feelings for her. So, I wouldn't put it past him. The snickering bastard I saw on the final episode... I wouldn't put it past him if she pushed him hard enough.

I really wish that Robalee had snatched Mae up and taken her on the plane with her. Told Nicole she would never see another dime from her or have a place to live in her home UNLESS she let her take that baby with her. Then followed through if she didn't comply. That's what I would have done. Of course, I never would have enabled her so much to begin with.

Sorry, Nicole, you can't stay here. What? You're homeless and you have a baby? I'll call Social Services so we can take Mae. Sleep on the beach and dream of your Moroccan prince and how he's spending your TLC money....

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 3
On 8/1/2018 at 8:35 PM, DangerousMinds said:

There are many homeless parents with custody of their children.

Very true. I didn't mean to dismiss that fact with the way that I wrote it although I really did and that was brash of me.

I just can't see Nicole managing it though. She'd drop off Mae at her mom's house and do the Pursuit of Happyness thing by herself. More fries for her that way.

• Love 2

Found this golden trash tv show a couple weeks ago. Binge-watching ever since. Now on Season 5. Is it fair to say that every season has more fucked up people than the season before? The first season seemed like normal couples. Now the show seems to be focused on the Danielles and Nicoles of the world, oh my. Also, what is the trend with the severely overweight women in the US starting "relationships" with men that are the size of a broomstick? 

• Love 5

Nicole's daughter is such a doll. And her younger brother seems to have 1,000,000x more common sense than her. How the hell is he so smart and insightful; isn't he like 16 years old or something? Azan has a very likable personality, IMO. He was so sweet to that baby girl, and he seemed way more patient with Nicole's bullshit than any guy I have ever known in my life would be. Maybe in future episodes, I will change my opinion on this. But so far (just started watching a few weeks ago, so this is a very belated posted to most of you), he is way too grounded and sane for her. I cannot even feel sorry for her because she acts so damn stupid. 

Edited by Hannah94
  • Love 2
On 7/24/2019 at 1:02 AM, kbott925 said:

The difference between Nicole and Danielle though I think, is that Danielle I think literally didn't understand that Mohammed was using her. I think she was mentally unable to get the clues. Nicole knows I think and wants to pretend it isn't true.

I think also--and this is just how shallow I am--that Danielle's delusion about believing that a good-looking younger man would find her attractive is deeper than Nicole's.  Nicole for one is of an appropriate age for Azan to be interested in; the hard truth is, though, that Danielle is what is technically known as a Hose-beast (hey, don't blame me--it's technical) and Nicole is actually a pretty young woman who needs to shed some weight.  So on the face of it, it's easier for me to believe in Azan/Nicole than in Danielle/Mohammed.

Intellectually, I think it's a toss-up, with Danielle scoring massive points for actually at one point anyway having a full-time job.  She gets extra credit in my book for the job being something that benefits society.  OTOH, Nicole has enough smarts to control her family and use access to May as a means of making sure she will always have a roof over her head and food to eat.  So there's that.

I think Danielle isn't as dumb as we think.  I believe she knows the hopelessness of her situation and is out to make as much money from it as she can, until Mohammed's ghosting her has totally eliminated him from the story.  Then she's shit out of luck.  Nicole knows Azan isn't going to marry her, but I think her tenacity is driven by romance rather than money.  We've seen plenty of evidence that she doesn't worry about money--it's always been there for her and probably always will be.  Danielle knows about money, but not how to use it sensibly, so in her case, too much will never be enough to keep the electricity turned on; hence her willingness to continue to play the fool.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I'm watching Season 5 right now. I'm on episode 7. Not a fan of Azan - if he's not happy with Nicole's weight, he shouldn't have asked her to marry him. What'd he think she looked like when he proposed? I don't get it. Part of me doesn't think he's using her, if he is so worried about her weight, because if he was using her, he wouldn't care about her weight, he'd just see her as his ticket to America. IDK. 

• Love 1

I feel like Aika is just a prop to Josh. He likes the idea of her more than the reality. I don't like the way he invalidates her feelings and constantly tries to talk her out of it by telling her not to "obsess" over it or not to feel a certain way. He tells her the ring thing is "not a big deal," but guess what, Josh? You don't dictate what's a big deal to HER! I see exactly why he pisses her off - he will tell her one thing to get her to come to America and do what he wants, then the reality is another. 

• Love 1

If Nicole grabbed a man by his jacket / pushed him up against walls etc etc etc back in the USA - she'd be carted off in handcuffs.

Also, while she was running around the streets bullying her fiancé, she gave no thought to the safety and well-being of her baby who was in a strange apartment with people who couldn't even speak her language.  

Nicoles overall temper, and the physical abuse when she goes from zero to one hundred in a split second and tries to make others think they are responsible for her behaviour, together with her lack of proper parental care for her baby is disgusting.                                                                                                      

She should get put in jail, and her daughter should be under the custody of her loving Grandma.  Maybe then she would learn to control her temper, and not bully people physically and mentally.

Child protection/ welfare services will have reports about all of this.     Karma is coming your way Nicole ! 

Edited by KatLady