Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E09: Hit the Field

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

The episode topic is spoiler free. Discuss only what was seen in the episode. Avoid hinting at social media and gameday spoilers. With that said, previews from the show are not spoilers. Vague speculation and discussion of past season trends are not spoilers. In short, use your best judgement and be aware of what topic you're in. (And don't forget, episode talk in the Training Camp topic is permitted.)

1 hour ago, NMDD43 said:

I swear, if they edit out the Holly/Jenna scene from the preview... ??

It's already been taken out of any preview I can find online.  I'm just going to have to wait until CMT decides to put the episode online tomorrow as I'll more than likely be in ER dealing with a recurring kidney stone by showtime. :'( *Side note - how do you do emojies or whatever they're called in this board's format?)

Edited by DCCFanInKy
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

It's already been taken out of any preview I can find online.  I'm just going to have to wait until CMT decides to put the episode online tomorrow as I'll more than likely be in ER dealing with a recurring kidney stone by showtime. :'( *Side note - how do you do emojies or whatever they're called in this board's format?)

I am so sorry. I hope you recover quickly.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Glamourdoll said:

I am so sorry. I hope you recover quickly.

Sorry for OT mods,  Thx @Glamourdoll this has been ongoing since 9/22 and not my first rodeo with the little monsters.  Haha the Dr (longtime family friend and former co-worker of my Mom's) reminded me HE treated the last one and I'd totally forgot about it! I'm dosed up on pain/nausea med and ready to check out tonight's ep if I have to prop myself up in front of TV!

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Sorry for OT mods,  Thx @Glamourdoll this has been ongoing since 9/22 and not my first rodeo with the little monsters.  Haha the Dr (longtime family friend and former co-worker of my Mom's) reminded me HE treated the last one and I'd totally forgot about it! I'm dosed up on pain/nausea med and ready to check out tonight's ep if I have to prop myself up in front of TV!

Well I am glad you are not letting those little monsters hold you back! Priorities! (but seriously, hugs and get well soon! You can tell Dr. Longtimefamilyfriend that you would remember if it wasn't DCC:MTM season) 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Hope you don't need surgery like I did for mine-only in hospital 2 days.  If it is a calcium oxalate one, have you gotten info from Mayo and Chicago on all the foods to eliminate to avoid another one?  PM if you want their info.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Hope you don't need surgery like I did for mine-only in hospital 2 days.  If it is a calcium oxalate one, have you gotten info from Mayo and Chicago on all the foods to eliminate to avoid another one?  PM if you want their info.

Sent u a long (sorry lol) PM

13 minutes ago, Glamourdoll said:

Well I am glad you are not letting those little monsters hold you back! Priorities! (but seriously, hugs and get well soon! You can tell Dr. Longtimefamilyfriend that you would remember if it wasn't DCC:MTM season) 

Hahaha I wish I could LOVE this 10000X!!!!!!

Back to topic.....24 minutes until hopefully a LOT of answered questions.  I seriously can do without the DCC performance at whatever that private concert/event is  though.  Not a DL fan although she reminds me a little of a more modern Debbie/Deborah Gibson (and I wasn't in the least surprised when DG & her partner got booted from DWTS) now can someone pls tell me how to MOVE this stuff to ST before I get fussed at by a mod? *smiles sweetly*

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Sent u a long (sorry lol) PM

Hahaha I wish I could LOVE this 10000X!!!!!!

Back to topic.....24 minutes until hopefully a LOT of answered questions.  I seriously can do without the DCC performance at whatever that private concert/event is  though.  Not a DL fan although she reminds me a little of a more modern Debbie/Deborah Gibson (and I wasn't in the least surprised when DG & her partner got booted from DWTS) now can someone pls tell me how to MOVE this stuff to ST before I get fussed at by a mod? *smiles sweetly*

Sent one back to you!

• Love 2

I was surprised that Erica was there but was not dressed in workout clothes but all black (on the sideline during entrance).  Everyone else that has been ill or injuried has at least dressed.  Surprisingly I thought the rookies looked better and were hitting the lines.

I thought the saying at the STAR about it is privilege, not a right... was certainly timely as was showing of Dak and I think Zeke's lockers!!!

Well if Holly didn't know what Jenna said about her, she does now. Throws her under the bus, runs over her and then backs up

Edited by cherryblossom
more info
  • Love 6

I think I hurt myself rolling my eyes at the "Cult of Cowboy". We can TOUCH the star? Really? Charlotte, this is a part time job that does not pay well. Dial down the cult-y speech and the scary eyes, please.

I don't think they believed Christina's "I forget to breathe" reason, but that's exactly why I look so winded after carrying laundry upstairs. I tend to hold my breath when I am concentrating. 

Hurry up, please. We've been waiting a whole week for this....

• Love 19

So...Jenna's not getting called in for her own fraternization? Just her "leadership" for not telling her no? I can smell the bull from here.

Just now, beachespeaches said:

They've done it before? Who was caught messing with players in the past?

Paige from a couple of years ago, girls we probably don't hear about.

"I'm not currently talking to players" Girl. 

• Love 15
Just now, beachespeaches said:

Yeah I'm confused? The only thing she got in trouble for was not saying to something to Holly (I don't really blame her tbh, she's not her mom) but like...wasn't she doing the exact same thing? 

I’m glad I’m not the only one confused 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

So...Jenna's not getting called in for her own fraternization? Just her "leadership" for not telling her no? I can smell the bull from here.

Paige from a couple of years ago, girls we probably don't hear about.

"I'm not currently talking to players" Girl. 

Jenna's "I'm sorry I didn't do something about this sooner...". Do what, exactly? What did you do, other than get caught out and then throw Holly under the bus? If you hadn't been called in, would you really have done anything? 

IMG_0990.JPG

• Love 3

Gina only rookie in the RaeLynn freestyle so that's telling re: her acceptance maybe?

As for Holly, she stared K&J right in the eye (and hers certainly are spectacular) and LIED, bald-face lied, multiple times, before she caved. That woulda done it for me.   Jenna didn't, although she tries to hedge.

How embarrassing ... doing something stupid and having it plastered all over the TV. :-(

Edited by AmbrosiaL
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, AmbrosiaL said:

Gina only rookie in the RaeLynn freestyle so that's telling re: her acceptance maybe?

As for Holly, she stared K&J right in the eye (and hers certainly are spectacular) and LIED, bald-face lied, multiple times, before she caved. That woulda done it for me.   Jenna didn't, although she tries to hedge.

I thought it was good for Judy to be straight up to Kelli that she would have cut her.  We don't often see that from her.

• Love 3

So maybe they didn't come down as hard on Jenna for the same thing, because she's at least old enough to be in a bar?

What do you bet next year's contract includes an honor code / tattletale requirement?

1 minute ago, beachespeaches said:

They both looked them in the face and lied through their teeth. They should have been cut then and there. 

Oh, yeah! Holly even smiled when she was alone in the locker room getting dressed. The girl who sobbed when she was told she needed to tone up a little. 

• Love 7

Jenna is the bus.  She did exactly what Holly did and blamed it on Holly.  Seems like Kelli was referencing "locker room" chat.

I do not like Jinelle anymore.  She was smiling when she got up.

And I do like how K&J handled the situation.  I want to give Kelli a hug.  You could tell it was hard for her.  

IMG_9410.JPG

Edited by Jazzmom
Add pic
  • Love 3

That was bizarre. If there was something more with Jenna, they should’ve shown it because it just looks like she got a severe punishment for not being a rat. I just got a text from a non-spoiled friend, who was like “why exactly is Jenna in trouble again? She didn’t do anything.”

Holly just went straight to lying. Cmon girl! Obviously if they’re confrinting you, they already know!! 

Also, did anyone else catch the “constant locker room talk” or whatever it was comment? Obviously someone on the team is telling K&J what they hear. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 5

Damn. That was uncomfortable to watch. I've lied to try and save face. And then confessed. And that feeling in the pit of the stomach, well, it ruins you. You feel like a lesser human being.

Not sure what the he'll was up with the Jenna clip. Talk about heavy editing and whitewashing her past. Holly, though, did she think they'd go "oh well, you're right, no biggie"? Child really is young.

As for the show, The Star tour with Charlotte reminded me of cult brainwashing. All they needed was Cowboy blue kool-aid.

• Love 7

I felt as if I was watching an episode of Perry Mason during the segment with Jenna and Holly.  Really surprised the viewers were allowed to see this much footage of what went down.  

Jenna realized she was DOA.  Holly apparently thought she could wiggle out of it.  

Still think Jenna took her punishment well.  

Boy Kelly sure reamed them a new one.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

I do not like Jinelle anymore. 

It seriously pains me that I wholeheartedly agree with this. 

ETA:  I just saw the pic posted of her smiling.  That's not the reason I don't really care for her anymore.  She just sounds like a 'know-it-all.' Kind of how Jenn from last year sounded....though Jenn never bothered me.  Jinelle is just annoying now....to me.  Sad day.

Edited by woodscommaelle

To clear up confusion: 

They portrayed it as Jenna only being in the wrong by not encouraging Holly not to do the things she did, even though we already know she was halfway to the printing press for her and Dak's wedding invites.

Holly wasn't cut/quit, but next weeks foreshadows some more mess going down. She's in the office again, so maybe K&J just needed time to "think" or consult with Charlotte on whether to cut her or not. I'm thinking Holly quits.

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 3

Jenna realized she was DOA.  Holly apparently thought she could wiggle out of it.  

As a college professor, this kind of thing goes down in my office several times a year re: cheating. Jenna did OK.  Humble, took her licks.   Holly, on the other hand ....

Edited by AmbrosiaL
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, parrotfeathers said:

I felt as if I was watching an episode of Perry Mason during the segment with Jenna and Holly.  Really surprised the viewers were allowed to see this much footage of what went down.  

I have watched this show since Day 1 and I've always felt Kelli was intimidating as hell and tonight she showed me I wouldn't want to cross her...

The editors crammed way too much in this episode. I could've done without the Demi Lovato thing and if we were going to have a fitness segment, I would've preferred to see Jay and not Melissa R.

• Love 11