Type keyword(s) to search

These Spoilers Suck: Bitter Speculation About SPN Spoilers

catrox14
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Spoilers With Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

https://tvline.com/2020/02/03/supernatural-season-15-episode-16-new-young-sam-dean/

This would have excited me at one time but im sure these current writers will screw it up.

Their first solo "hunt" at ages 9 and 13? Sure. Maybe they stumbled upon something when John was away.

Probably gonna be like Dabb's atrocious young Winchesters comic. Watch 9year old Sam somersault over a monster or something while dead-shot-ing two others. That's how that comic was.

6 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Their first solo "hunt" at ages 9 and 13? Sure. Maybe they stumbled upon something when John was away.

Probably gonna be like Dabb's atrocious young Winchesters comic. Watch 9year old Sam somersault over a monster or something while dead-shot-ing two others. That's how that comic was.

How old were they supposed to be in the Christmas episode flashback? It says "1991" on Superwiki, so Sam was 8 1/2 when he found out monsters were real. If he's some kind of expert at anything by age 9, I call bullshit.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

How old were they supposed to be in the Christmas episode flashback? It says "1991" on Superwiki, so Sam was 8 1/2 when he found out monsters were real. If he's some kind of expert at anything by age 9, I call bullshit.

In Dabb's comics, I think Sam was 7 and could outshoot Dean who spent a lot of time complaining the rifle was too heavy. 

16 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

In Dabb's comics, I think Sam was 7 and could outshoot Dean who spent a lot of time complaining the rifle was too heavy. 

And in the Zanna episode, they were still leaving Sam behind at the motel at age 9. Of course in NuCanon, anything is possible.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Ackles had this to say about the top-secret series finale plot: “When we were in the room and the idea came down the pipe, everybody was kind of signed off on it. My reaction was more like, ‘OK, OK.’ I struggled with it for about a week or so, and then I realized I’m too invested, I’m too emotional. I’m too close to this character. To see anything with finality on it, it’s just hard to digest. I talked to a few people about it and got some clarity on it and have tried to look at it from a different perspective. I, now, have come around to being like, ‘This is a really good ending. This is satisfying.’”

Talk about two conflicting ideas.  I never read the comics and this wouldn't make me want to read them.  Jensen's comment this is a really good ending , satisfying will lead to anger at Jensen if the fans feel he gave a promise that can't be fulfilled.

35 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

This would have excited me at one time but im sure these current writers will screw it up.

I'm in the hope for the best but expect the worst kind of thinking so I'm right there with you.  I would have been excited but can they find someone as strong as Colin Ford and Dylan Everett.  Young actors that can imagine beyond what is written on the page.  I really wish the best moments weren't all in the past.

A dance number, and maybe some fans will love the pool scenes but what else is there to remember that has been so well done this season?  Sorry Jensen but so far it hasn't been good or satisfying.  It makes me sad, that I don't think it will be delivered either.

It also means another episode in the few left that won't actually have Jensen and Jared in it (except maybe as bookends).  Which takes away my main reason for watching this season.  

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

It also means another episode in the few left that won't actually have Jensen and Jared in it (except maybe as bookends).  Which takes away my main reason for watching this season.  

I believe the episode is nothing more than a desperate attempt by Dabb and his cronies to spin-off a young Sam and Dean show. It will fail but it might stop them from painting young Dean as a complete clown (which would happen in the nightmare world of a Dabb prequel show).

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

My main complaint, especially considering the Js barely showed up for the last episode they just shot. Final season and the Winchesters are hardly present.

I'll also never understand why Jensen didn't use at least some of his veto power WRT the final episode. Or at the very least told everyone he couldn't sign off until he mulled it over for a couple of weeks. I know he's the consummate team player, but how this show ends is crucial to the character he's loved so much for 15 years. It's not just another crappy cliffhanger finale, it's the ultimate finale.

And I'm not even a little convinced he was genuinely talked into liking the finale since at some point, even if he still hates it, he has to play the PR game considering he forfeited his veto power. He did the same thing where it concerned "Suck Song". He never liked it, didn't like Dean's role - or non-role - at all. But he nodded along when JP told fans at cons how much he liked it. After the fact, and after there was a lot of blow-back which Misha admitted everyone knew about, Jensen stopped pretending. Whenever he's asked about favorite episodes or favorite finales, "Suck Song" never makes his list. So my feeling is he's never going to be truly content with the series finale either.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

I'll also never understand why Jensen didn't use at least some of his veto power

Do they even have Veto power?  I remember there was the wascaly wabbit line Jared didn't want to say but the writer wouldn't budge and I remember them having to come back to Vancouver because Adam Glass wanted them to film Dean liking Taylor Swift.   If Jensen had veto power we might have gotten more Michael.

I do remember Jensen saying how everyone loved the ending and he didn't want to be the odd man out.  Sometimes I wish he'd be less of a team player. 

27 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

My main complaint, especially considering the Js barely showed up for the last episode they just shot. Final season and the Winchesters are hardly present.

Based on sighting and scuff level they were both in Austin all last week.  Based on the picture Radio company posted in their instastory Jensen flew back yesterday which leaves Jensen with about two days of filming.   Not sure about Jared, but he was spotted in Austin on Friday at a charity event.  But Jensen flew back commercial based on the pic.  Not sure where JP is at the moment. 

I was kind of hoping that maybe two Jared and Jensen light eps might be because they're trying to conserve filming days so they can have a heavier presence toward the end.

• Love 2

Let’s face it, the rot really set in when J2 cut back their schedule.  I don’t blame them for it - their circumstances changed from being young single men having the time to devote to a 22 episode a season show with only two main leads (a heavy ask for anyone).  Also, I would have loved to have seen Colin and Dylan back for a story perhaps set just before Sam left for Stanford, say their final hunt before the big argument/departure - both those guys could easily pass for younger, so it would have been more than doable.  Oh well, another opportunity wasted.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

When did he write this. That cements it for me. There is just no question that Dean is the better hands on hunter canonically. WTF is going on with this guy. 

Boycott any future projects is what I will do.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, Frost said:

Does anybody have access to real spoilers?  Spies on set or leaked scripts?   Wasn't there someone a few years ago that had inside information?

I don`t think scripts have ever leaked per se. Very far back there used to be script sides for casting guest actors that you could gain access to. But not since Season 4.

People watching the filming of outdoor scenes still happens. But the original spoiler tumblr packed it in last year and they were the ones gathering all that info and updating regularly. Without that, there isn`t much in the ways of conclusive spoilers. 

And I`m not aware of a real leaker for SPN. I know Arrow had one because they always provided accurate spoilers for key episodes for several years. Have never seen that happen for SPN. 

• Love 2

From TVLine..

In the Supernatural episode “Last Call,” Sergei mentioned the key to Death’s library was in the bunker. Is the show going to revisit Dean’s death books? Did they change again after Michael was killed? –Adder

With nine episodes left in the farewell run, “I think, certainly, Billie’s library and Billie’s books will play an important part of the season going forward,” showrunner Andrew Dabb teased when we delivered your Q to him. Bonus Scoop!: Dabb confirms that while we will see more of Jake Abel in his dual role as Adam and Michael, “it won’t be for a while.” (And no, he wasn’t referring to the Monday-bound show’s current six-week hiatus.)

What are the odds that we will see Mark Sheppard return to Supernatural as Crowley, to weigh in on his mother being Hell’s new queen? –Dina

“Well, Crowley is kind of technically trapped in The Empty right now,” EP Dabb reminds. “As we know, The Empty is a character for us, someone with an agenda. So I would say there’d have to be a really good reason for The Empty to let Crowley wake up — and I don’t know that reason has been presented quite yet.

Edited by Casseiopeia
11 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

So did anybody text?

I just did. I wonder if I will get anything back. "We" already text howevercI am terrible at replying. 

17 hours ago, 7kstar said:

I doubt that Mark is willing to come back and seeing someone else as Crowley would be just awful.

Dabb's tease doesn't make me hopeful either.

They treated MS abominably.

Edited by Castiels Cat
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, 7kstar said:

So why do I think it is a prank to someone else's phone???  😉

It's the same number his FB page uses for things. I replied to get a signed script page a while back. I had to explain why I thought I deserved one. He sends texts from time to time. For instance when he was bored after his hip surgery. 

He sent me birthday greetings.

Make what you will of it. I just texted it. I will let you know if anything comes of it.

Edited by Castiels Cat
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

Okay, so I am really, really, really,reaaaallly, annoyed that the Supernatural giant poster they finally out up at the WB is  S15. I get that it's because it's  the final season poster. It really rubs me the wrong way that Jack gets that kind of honor, when IMO his presence has largely ruined the show. So, it left me to wonder why it had to be the s15 poster? Why not a current pic of OGTFW? I don't think Jack deserves that kind of legacy. So why do it? Is Dabb angling for a Jack led spinoff?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Okay, so I am really, really, really,reaaaallly, annoyed that the Supernatural giant poster they finally out up at the WB is  S15. I get that it's because it's  the final season poster. It really rubs me the wrong way that Jack gets that kind of honor, when IMO his presence has largely ruined the show. So, it left me to wonder why it had to be the s15 poster? Why not a current pic of OGTFW? I don't think Jack deserves that kind of legacy. So why do it? Is Dabb angling for a Jack led spinoff?

IMO Dabb and/or Eugenie have been angling for a Jack lead spin-off since Ouroboros (the abrupt handing everything over to Jack last season and her comments at CC that their audience was the Riverdale  crowd). SM stuff was oriented towards,Jack in the first half even though he wasn't present at all. It is what it is. And what it is... IS very poor viewership and writing. Their backdoor underhanded plans for a spin-off look like a big flop as a business model, the twit crowd notwithstanding.

Edited by Castiels Cat
On 2/21/2020 at 9:31 PM, 7kstar said:

So why do I think it is a prank to someone else's phone???  😉

I received my first text hack last night at 10:45 pm. It said that the next text That I received will be really spoilery so I should be prepared and I should not click on it unless I really want to see it. I replied with a thumbs up emoji.

2 hours ago, Castiels Cat said:

I received my first text hack last night at 10:45 pm. It said that the next text That I received will be really spoilery so I should be prepared and I should not click on it unless I really want to see it. I replied with a thumbs up emoji.

Anything yet?

On 2/22/2020 at 12:07 PM, Castiels Cat said:

MO Dabb and/or Eugenie have been angling for a Jack lead spin-off since Ouroboros (the abrupt handing everything over to Jack last season and her comments at CC that their audience was the Riverdale  crowd). ...Their backdoor underhanded plans for a spin-off look like a big flop as a business model, the twit crowd notwithstanding.

Hmmm, if they were so right wouldn't the ratings be going up and this would turn out the best watched season yet.  I wonder if they'll be surprised if they don't get any great offers after Dabbnatural is done.

In college were taught about group think where anyone who says something opposite of the main leaders is thrown out so the entire group stays in agreement, doesn't this sound like what has happened?

• Love 3

In addition to the news in the new tv guide that the waywards are returning dabb says "we'll finally get an explanation about the vintage telescope!" I know we were all clamoring to learn more about it. What is this guy smoking anyway?

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Goldmoon said:

In addition to the news in the new tv guide that the waywards are returning dabb says "we'll finally get an explanation about the vintage telescope!" I know we were all clamoring to learn more about it. What is this guy smoking anyway?

Yay/sarcasm

My guess is that its the next ep because Ninja Sue can be seen in the trailer.

As for the Vintage telescope, I bet its the key to Deaths Library.  Look in it and it points the way.

Abaddon  spent a whole season trying to get into the bunker.  Its  corridors and secrets could have provided a wealth of  supernatural stories and artifacts. But all ignored as usual.

A bit late for the telescope story isn’t it?  Makes them appear stupid for not checking earlier.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Abaddon  spent a whole season trying to get into the bunker.  Its  corridors and secrets could have provided a wealth of  supernatural stories and artifacts. But all ignored as usual.

A bit late for the telescope story isn’t it?  Makes them appear stupid for not checking earlier.

Well, Crowley spent a year trying to find Purgatory, and it turned out all he had to do was go out his own back door.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, PinkChicken said:

AND - even though I'm ambivalent about Claire, whatever half arse reason they make for why Kathryn Newton probably isn't included will probably be annoying. Fingers crossed they don't kill her off screen because they already kinda dabbled in that with Chuck's memories.

I don't care about Claire, which is a good thing considering KN has a real career with real jobs, so she's out of reach of the typing monkeys anyway. Yeah, they'll probably kill her in an off screen move - but would that really be worse than what they did to Ketch and Kevin, for instance? At this point, I don't think so. I consider her lucky.

Honestly, I resent every character who comes back now because that's all this season has been about - badly mangled cameo appearances and insuring that the Winchesters have zero role. It sounds like the Js have barely worked the second half of the season, everything is about Jackie Poo Sue, Asstiel, and guest starring appearances. The guys seem to pop in to shoot maybe a couple days a week, then they're off doing anything and everything else.

Nothing is about the Winchesters - you know, those characters without whom there would never have been a show for everyone else. For all intents and purposes, I feel like the show was over before this sucky 15th season began.

• Love 8
On 2/23/2020 at 7:36 AM, Castiels Cat said:

Still waiting for the follow-up spoilery bit.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

It was a picture of Misha standing in an onion field.

What does that even mean? What has happened in an onion field? Who did they bury in an onion field?

You can make a good luck charm by weaving green onion shoots into rope...

Edited by Castiels Cat
50 minutes ago, Castiels Cat said:

What does that even mean? What has happened in an onion field? Who did they bury in an onion field?

The Onion Field was a book by Joseph Wambaugh.  Wikipedia says:

The Onion Field is a 1973 nonfiction book by Joseph Wambaugh, a sergeant for the Los Angeles Police Department, chronicling the kidnapping of two plainclothes LAPD officers by a pair of criminals during a traffic stop and the subsequent murder of one of the officers.

So...which brother dies?

• Useful 1

Episode 12 press release

SUPERNATURAL 15.12 “Galaxy Brain”: Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) respond to a frantic call and together along with Castiel (Misha Collins), Jack (Alexander Calvert) and Jody (guest star Kim Rhodes), assist in an extraordinary and heartbreaking rescue. Billie (guest star Lisa Berry) surprises everyone with a visit to the bunker. Richard Speight, Jr. directed the episode with story by Meredith Glynn & Robert Berens and teleplay by Robert Berens.

Why would the Ninja Sue's rescue be extraordinary and heartbreaking.   Can't she rescue herself? Let me guess she gets in a pickle because she didn't have her spear. 

Ugh Berens, Glynn and Speight.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Episode 12 press release

Why would the Ninja Sue's rescue be extraordinary and heartbreaking.  Let me guess she gets in a pickle because she did't have her spear. 

Maybe it's heartbreaking because she dies.  A girl can hope.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

Let me guess she gets in a pickle because she didn't have her spear. 

And of course, who's to blame for her not having her spear?  Who broke his promise to give it back?  (Who broke the spear?)  

Gag.  

1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

Maybe it's heartbreaking because she dies.  A girl can hope.

My heart wouldn't be broken. 😊  Oh, my guess is that this is where Claire bites it.  She's the only one we *know* won't be coming back.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

And of course, who's to blame for her not having her spear?  Who broke his promise to give it back?  (Who broke the spear?)

I'm sure Billie will also feel the need to add her two cents about Dean messing up the plan to trap Michael. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I'm sure Billie will also feel the need to add her two cents about Dean messing up the plan to trap Michael. 

Do you think anyone will mention** the fact that all of Dean's death-books had either Michael!Dean destroying the world or Dean in the Malak box?  Or maybe that's what gets Billie into the fight against Chuck--because  he rewrote all her books (and so badly...)  OG!Death did say that he'd reap god eventually...

**or even remember

Edited by ahrtee
addition.
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

Episode 12 press release

Why would the Ninja Sue's rescue be extraordinary and heartbreaking.   Can't she rescue herself? Let me guess she gets in a pickle because she didn't have her spear. 

Wasn't her first appearance during a scene with Jack? I'm embarrassed to remember this much of season 13 but after his acquaintance with Kaia wasn't Jack in the AU shortly afterwards? Maybe extraordinary and heartbreaking is a description of Jack's feelings in regards to whatever happens to Kaia. It's a thin hypothesis but since I'm sure that the episode will be Jack centric I'm assuming that the emotional aspect of the plot will concern him.

25 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

Wasn't her first appearance during a scene with Jack? I'm embarrassed to remember this much of season 13 but after his acquaintance with Kaia wasn't Jack in the AU shortly afterwards? Maybe extraordinary and heartbreaking is a description of Jack's feelings in regards to whatever happens to Kaia. It's a thin hypothesis but since I'm sure that the episode will be Jack centric I'm assuming that the emotional aspect of the plot will concern him.

There is two Kaia's.  (one is too many).  Kaia 1 is one Jack met.   The Kaia from last season is the one from the bad place who killed Kaia 1 while trying to kill Claire, 

But sure lets call her rescue heartbreaking.  RME

1 minute ago, ILoveReading said:

There is two Kaia's.  (one is too many).  Kaia 1 is one Jack met.   The Kaia from last season is the one from the bad place who killed Kaia 1 while trying to kill Claire, 

But sure lets call her rescue heartbreaking.  RME

Ok. I forgot that Kaia 1 was killed by Kaia 2. I'm sure that the sheer stupidity of the plot caused my brain to block it out.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, PinkChicken said:

or - which of Jody/Donna dies, them being actual sheriffs

I know Kim said she'd never film Jody's death but tbh I'd be more upset if Donna was killed off

Oh no--I hadn't really thought of that. 😨 I was focusing on the brother endgame.