Type keyword(s) to search

These Spoilers Suck: Bitter Speculation About SPN Spoilers

catrox14
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Spoilers With Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

The pic was from a recent ep.  Ep 12 was filmed around Christmas time.

I don't think the pic has anything to do with the book,  I think it is nothing more than a pic of Misha standing in an onion field.

Maybe it's the episode from Cas POV, how he sees the world? That was one of the spoilers from the recent article of the back 9 episodes.

I presume it will serve as a wrap-up for his character. By which I don't mean he will die or not be in the final episodes but more of whatever the writers think sums of the character on the show ep.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Useful 1
21 hours ago, PinkChicken said:

or - which of Jody/Donna dies, them being actual sheriffs

I know Kim said she'd never film Jody's death but tbh I'd be more upset if Donna was killed off

Oh yes. I have seen it long ago it's painful.

On 2/27/2020 at 9:03 PM, DeeDee79 said:

Ok. I forgot that Kaia 1 was killed by Kaia 2. I'm sure that the sheer stupidity of the plot caused my brain to block it out.

There was absolutely no point to that and no point to the Bad Place except rubber suited monsters and a spear. Gah. And a vagina gate that moves and births bad bew monsters. 

So very bad. They sucked at ripping off TVD x Kindred so they did land of the lost x lovecraft. Still sucked.

On 2/27/2020 at 6:29 PM, ILoveReading said:

Episode 12 press release

Why would the Ninja Sue's rescue be extraordinary and heartbreaking.   Can't she rescue herself? Let me guess she gets in a pickle because she didn't have her spear. 

Ugh Berens, Glynn and Speight.

How do we know it's kaia

Jensen had an Instagram story, but when I went back to cap it, it was already gone. It was late Friday night filming, and appeared to be Dean and Jack alone in the Impala (camera guys in the back seat). So whatever episode they are shooting now has them together.

• Love 1
(edited)
26 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Jensen had an Instagram story, but when I went back to cap it, it was already gone. It was late Friday night filming, and appeared to be Dean and Jack alone in the Impala (camera guys in the back seat). So whatever episode they are shooting now has them together.

They finished up episode 17 on Friday.

Now maybe the flashback young Winchester ep is 18, basically to set up however they end up in the Finale in terms of "themes". Then 19 and 20 as a Finale.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 1
On 2/27/2020 at 4:29 PM, ILoveReading said:

SUPERNATURAL 15.12 “Galaxy Brain”: Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) respond to a frantic call and together along with Castiel (Misha Collins), Jack (Alexander Calvert) and Jody (guest star Kim Rhodes), assist in an extraordinary and heartbreaking rescue. Billie (guest star Lisa Berry) surprises everyone with a visit to the bunker. Richard Speight, Jr. directed the episode with story by Meredith Glynn & Robert Berens and teleplay by Robert Berens.

5 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

She's in this ep.  You can see a brief glimpse of her in the photo.  

Berens loves his Sue, so its probably the most logical explanation.

How about an alternative explanation:  since Jody is also involved, maybe it's Kaia and Claire in trouble (Kaia is kidnapped and Claire goes to rescue her or vice-versa) and Claire is killed (offscreen, of course!)  Jody is the one who gives the "frantic call" trying to save Claire.  

I still think Claire has to die and it would be "heartbreaking" to everyone (except the fans), much more than Kaia.

1 hour ago, ahrtee said:

How about an alternative explanation:  since Jody is also involved, maybe it's Kaia and Claire in trouble (Kaia is kidnapped and Claire goes to rescue her or vice-versa) and Claire is killed (offscreen, of course!)  Jody is the one who gives the "frantic call" trying to save Claire.  

I still think Claire has to die and it would be "heartbreaking" to everyone (except the fans), much more than Kaia.

Is Claire gonna be in it? The actress star is on the rise, I'm not sure she would come back for a guest stint in SPN.

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Is Claire gonna be in it? The actress star is on the rise, I'm not sure she would come back for a guest stint in SPN.

No, I'm pretty sure she's done with SPN.  That's why I said her death would be offscreen, like it was in the future vision Sam saw.  

Jody can call Sam and Dean frantically because Claire went after Kaia and she hadn't heard from her since.  They manage to rescue Kaia but Claire is already a mangled stand-in body.  ETA:  In an onion field.

Edited by ahrtee
  • LOL 3

To be honest I'm so sick of being more in these spoilers suck thread instead of being excited about the one I want to see.  I'm only sticking because it is the last season and it's like watching a train wreck, you have to watch in disbelief that they are really doing this.

I love Jody and Donna.  Kia don't care.  Claire indifferent.  If they kill her off I'm like not gonna hit MY heart strings.  They destroyed that with killing off too many characters that I did care about. 

Bringing someone back just to just kill them off has been so overdone to death, that I would rather they didn't bring them back.  Ketch was a fun character to hate and even had some likeable qualities and then he would demonstrate he was a big asshole.  The last death that really got to me was Jo and Ellen even though I did see it coming a mile away.  At least their death had meaning when was the last time that they did that?  Maybe Bobby but that was way before the last two show runners.

What's sad to me, is that I would take Gamble way over Dabb and Co.

• Love 2
On 3/1/2020 at 9:49 AM, gonzosgirrl said:

Yawn. So is Dean apologizing again or is he wary because Jack is behaving exactly the way he did this time last season except for the killing Mary bit because that's so two thousand and nineteen.

6 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

In the continuing tradition of spoiling absolutely everything, and in the name of fan service, and turning every character into a fluffy bunny...

I bet Dean apologizes for killing Ruby.

Or Ruby tells Sam she really did love him and was secretly working for the angels (till they betrayed her and thus Sam)  so he was right to trust her.  And nothing he did was his fault.  (And *then* Dean has to apologize both for not trusting her or believing Sam and for killing her.)

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

In the continuing tradition of spoiling absolutely everything, and in the name of fan service, and turning every character into a fluffy bunny...

I bet Dean apologizes for killing Ruby.

Only if Sam apologizes to Ruby for holding her so that Dean could kill her.  

• LOL 2
1 minute ago, ahrtee said:

Or Ruby tells Sam she really did love him and was secretly working for the angels (till they betrayed her and thus Sam)  so he was right to trust her.  And nothing he did was his fault.  (And *then* Dean has to apologize both for not trusting her or believing Sam and for killing her.)

I would not be surprised in the slightest.

I just hope we aren't going back to Demon blood drinking Sam.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

And if he'd "believed" Sam or "trusted" him (as I've seen some fans complain Dean didn't), the only thing that would have changed in season 4 was that Dean would have become complicit in releasing Lucifer.  Something I'm sure some fans would have been thrilled to be able to say afterward.

Edited by Lemuria
  • Love 2

What a mess this season has become.  I really don't need to see all this stunt casting for the next 9ish episodes.  It doesn't make up for 4 years of botched show running.  What a way for the show to go out. ☹️

5 hours ago, ahrtee said:

*gag* I'm already furious with all of the ways that they've destroyed Dean bit by bit but if anything remotely close to this happens I may not even be able to watch the reruns because I'll be too pissed off to enjoy them.

• Love 3

I really,  REALLY! hope that Ruby's return does not become all about whitewashing her role in releasing Lucifer.

I don't see how given the big speech she gave, but this is Dabbernatural. 

• Love 1
(edited)

The episode is called Destiny's Child.

Maybe Ruby was pregnant with Sam's child.  Sam's son is the thing that died with Ruby and the task Cas asks Jack to do is go to hell and retrieve Sam's son.  That would be just the kind of thing Dabb would do.

Edited by ILoveReading
1 minute ago, ILoveReading said:

The episode is called Destiny's Child.

Maybe Ruby was pregnant with Sam's child and the thing Cas asks Jack to do is go to hell and retreive Sam's son.  That would be just the kind of thing Dabb would do.

Oh gods, I bet you are correct. And if that is the case then that child will be the new Jesse the anti Christ, right? Which should make him more powerful than Jack? Or at least as powerful? So they could end up killing Chuck together. And then they end up  with a potential battle between Jack and a possible Sam Spawn then it will be Swan Song 2.0. where does Dean fit in all this?

I have no use for Ruby or Sister Jo nor do I care if they share the screen together. Sigh.

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

Oh gods, I bet you are correct. And if that is the case then that child will be the new Jesse the anti Christ, right?

Its my friend's theory but it makes sense.   But if its a daughter,  This child would be the new Darkness (filled with Sam's purity, of course. ) Then Jack becomes the new light, AKA God. this could also explain why Amara possesses Sam, so he can kill her and sacrifice himself so his child can be the new darkness. 

Together they make a stepford world. 

Dabb did say they didn't change their planned ending, just how they got there.  

5 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

where does Dean fit in all this

In Jensen's own words, he doesn't. 

6 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I have no use for Ruby or Sister Jo nor do I care if they share the screen together. Sigh.

Same.  I love Danneel but Sister Jo serves absolutely no story purpose.

(edited)
18 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Its my friend's theory but it makes sense.   But if its a daughter,  This child would be the new Darkness (filled with Sam's purity, of course. ) Then Jack becomes the new light, AKA God. this could also explain why Amara possesses Sam, so he can kill her and sacrifice himself so his child can be the new darkness. 

There aren't enough gag emojis in the world to fit this.  

I did have the idea that if this were to happen, Sam's child would be a daughter.  I wasn't thinking about the Darkness, though, just that Dabb wants to prove that he's not misogynistic.  ETA: Or because the network wants more young sexy women.

25 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

where does Dean fit in all this?

He's the drunken screw-up uncle.  

Of course, nobody will remember that Ruby was an empty vessel--no soul; so in theory, no soul to pass on to an offspring.

Edited by ahrtee
Additional thought.

I think Destiny's child refers to Jack. And Ruby's big secret will be some random ass-pull about defeating Chuck where nothing makes sense. But it will be "because plot" reason. If Sam ends up with a kid, he will have one with Eileen by the end.

23 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Oh sorry, i didn't mean to imply it would be a son, more that the child would be as powerful as Jesse.

Ugh, I hope you are wrong.

To make it worse, what if Dean is the one that has to some how kill Sam and Amara to make it all complete and then Dean kills himself because you know ....Dabb. I don't think Jensen would appreciate that kind of ending for Dean. I think he's fine with Dean dying to save the world but not out of grief or something.

(edited)
20 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

To make it worse, what if Dean is the one that has to some how kill Sam and Amara to make it all complete and then Dean kills himself because you know ....Dabb. I don't think Jensen would appreciate that kind of ending for Dean. I think he's fine with Dean dying to save the world but not out of grief or something.

Wouldn't suicide negate the whole "AKF" message they're promoting?  I think it's more likely that they'd go with the "keep grinding" motto, even with the idea that Dean will be miserable for the rest of his life.  

Edited by ahrtee
36 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Wouldn't suicide negate the whole "AKF" message they're promoting?  I think it's more likely that they'd go with the "keep grinding" motto, even with the idea that Dean will be miserable for the rest of his life.  

It hasn't stopped them from having Dean kill himself at least twice in the past few seasons (Red Meat & Advanced Thanatology). Yes I know those were done for other purposes but he was also pretty bereft when he did both acts.

(edited)
56 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

It hasn't stopped them from having Dean kill himself at least twice in the past few seasons (Red Meat & Advanced Thanatology). Yes I know those were done for other purposes but he was also pretty bereft when he did both acts.

IA they always have Dean being suicidally reckless (going way back to season 3 at least, not to mention selling his soul in the first place), but always with the idea that it's heroic, and "for a higher purpose." (Plus, the two you mentioned were specifically with ways in place to revive him, and so not meant to be permanent--not that Dean would have minded if they were.)  But I don't think anyone on the show wants to promote the Romeo-and-Juliet romantic "can't live without him/her" reason to a teen/YA audience.  Plus that would be the final act of the show, which would romanticize it even more.  Just a bad idea in general (not that that has stopped Dabb before...)

ETA:  Deliberately sacrificing himself to save Sam (or someone else), sure.  Killing himself after the fact, nope.  I don't think the network would allow it.

Edited by ahrtee
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, ahrtee said:

But I don't think anyone on the show wants to promote the Romeo-and-Juliet romantic "can't live without him/her" reason to a teen/YA audience. 

There were many reviewers and online discussion that Red Meat was already the Romeo and Juliet version.  I wasn't one of them.  My point is more the show has already played on the edge with Dean.  And IMO he wanted to die by werewolf before he killed himself in Red Meat to talk to Billie. 

I still wouldn't put it past Dabb to do it regardless of the AKF stuff. 

On 3/4/2020 at 12:10 PM, ahrtee said:

IA they always have Dean being suicidally reckless (going way back to season 3 at least, not to mention selling his soul in the first place), but always with the idea that it's heroic, and "for a higher purpose." (Plus, the two you mentioned were specifically with ways in place to revive him, and so not meant to be permanent--not that Dean would have minded if they were.)  But I don't think anyone on the show wants to promote the Romeo-and-Juliet romantic "can't live without him/her" reason to a teen/YA audience.  Plus that would be the final act of the show, which would romanticize it even more.  Just a bad idea in general (not that that has stopped Dabb before...)

ETA:  Deliberately sacrificing himself to save Sam (or someone else), sure.  Killing himself after the fact, nope.  I don't think the network would allow it.

He essentially killed himself in Love Hurts and he wanted to be the one to.do The Trials in season 8 because he knew they meant certain death. It's established that he is the one that sacrifices himself because he believes he should be the one to die. It happens with alarming frequency. I would argue that he understood exactly what the process in HJ for losing probably was before it was revealed which is why he insisted that he was doing it. He plays dumb however he misses nothing

(edited)
On 3/4/2020 at 10:19 AM, catrox14 said:

Oh gods, I bet you are correct. And if that is the case then that child will be the new Jesse the anti Christ, right? Which should make him more powerful than Jack? Or at least as powerful? So they could end up killing Chuck together. And then they end up  with a potential battle between Jack and a possible Sam Spawn then it will be Swan Song 2.0. where does Dean fit in all this?

And Crowley,  Lucifer and Kentucky Fried Demon Prince never said Boo about this.

Sorry but the "antichrist" child only had powers after Lucifer was risen. No Lucifer... no Apocalypse... no powerful child. That was the canon.

Oh wait. The Nepotism duo just makes stuff up.

???

Edited by Castiels Cat

Watching the afternoon panel, Jared said something about how he likes emotional scenes that are retrospective and we would see more of that soon.  (at least that is what it sounded like, the audio wasn't the greatest.  So I wonder if the finale is going to be little more than a clip show with This is your life Sam Winchester. 

I don't really see Dean factoring into the finale much.

This, IMO, fits with the spoilers we've gotten.  Dean saying 'stop killing my people.'  A heavy emotional scene that Jared isn't in at the end of ep 18. 

I feel like Dean will call Amara in ep 18, she'll decide he sold her a lemon with this whole family thing and wants nothing to do with him.  Ep 19 will be pretty much be a repeat of Swan Song with Amara possesseing Sam.  (To specific to be a random slip) and him taking out God and dying in the process. 

Episode 20 will be Sam in a coma and Dean will be his spirit guide who has to convince him to let go by reminding him how awesome he is.

IMO, there is a reason they had Dean say Sam was better at him then everything.   

Edited by ILoveReading
11 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

If your prediction comes true, I'll never watch the last two seasons again and no I will not think it was a good ending.  Since I'm not planning on a good ending, with "Endings are Hard" done in season 5...to do a Swan Song repeat will suck.

What I don't get is why Jensen would put his stamp approval on the ending.  It would have been far better that he said nothing if he didn't really like it.  So much for them making sure this last season was well done. 

I do hope I can be surprised, but the doubts are way too strong for me.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Watching the afternoon panel, Jared said something about how he likes emotional scenes that are retrospective and we would see more of that soon.  (at least that is what it sounded like, the audio wasn't the greatest.  So I wonder if the finale is going to be little more than a clip show with This is your life Sam Winchester. 

This, IMO, fits with the spoilers we've gotten.  Dean saying 'stop killing my people.'  A heavy emotional scene that Jared isn't in at the end of ep 18. 

I feel like Dean will call Amara in ep 18, she'll decide he sold her a lemon with this whole family thing and wants nothing to do with him.  Ep 19 will be pretty much be a repeat of Swan Song with Amara possesseing Sam.  (To specific to be a random slip) and him taking out God and dying in the process. 

Episode 20 will be Sam in a coma and Dean will be his spirit guide who has to convince him to let go by reminding him how awesome he is.

🤢

• Love 1

Between Jake coming back as Michael, Lucifer's potential return, Alex saying his favorite moment in the finale (which means Jack has a key role), Castiel having powers, Jack being super charged, and Sam potentially being possessed by Amara, what is Deans' role going to be in finale?

I don't mean in a bitch/jerk kind of way, but a genuine question?  How does Dabb prevent Dean from getting lost?

30 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Between Jake coming back as Michael, Lucifer's potential return, Alex saying his favorite moment in the finale (which means Jack has a key role), Castiel having powers, Jack being super charged, and Sam potentially being possessed by Amara, what is Deans' role going to be in finale?

I don't mean in a bitch/jerk kind of way, but a genuine question?  How does Dabb prevent Dean from getting lost?

Why would Amara need to possess Sam? 

This is looking like the failed finale of S11 and S12 and S13 and S14.  A confusing script that Dabb revised many times in the last few months.  In other words a giant mess. I think Jensen signed off on it because he has moved on.

14 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

This is looking like the failed finale of S11 and S12 and S13 and S14.  A confusing script that Dabb revised many times in the last few months.  In other words a giant mess. I think Jensen signed off on it because he has moved on.

Agree. It's clear from the SPNVegas vids that Jensen is nostalgic and will miss his friends and co-workers and Dean, but I'm 100% certain the ship has sailed with regard to any 'love' for the show as it is.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

Why would Amara need to possess Sam?

They will need help  to defeat God. There was a spoiler that Dean was going to call Amara.   Then they established that Dean thinks Sam is better at him than everything,   There had to be a reason for that.  Back at comic con Jared's "if Sam was possessed by Amara" is far to specific to be random.  Why would that even cross Jared's mind when his character never really associated Amara?  The only explanation that makes sense is that Jared was told that this would happen.

I still see the finale as being a thinly veiled Swag Song 2.0.

Sorry, I can't help but see red when it's even mentioned that Jake Abel will be back as Michael.

Fuck the writers of this show sideways x 10 for the way they fucked over Jensen in that role from S5 onward and even and especially with how Dabb fucked him over in s14.

That will forever be the biggest Fail on the part of the writers and showrunners of this show to me-and yes, even including Kripke-who lost all his luster for me with the ending of S5.

I just want this show to be over with already, at this point.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, 7kstar said:

If your prediction comes true, I'll never watch the last two seasons again and no I will not think it was a good ending.  Since I'm not planning on a good ending, with "Endings are Hard" done in season 5...to do a Swan Song repeat will suck.

What I don't get is why Jensen would put his stamp approval on the ending.  It would have been far better that he said nothing if he didn't really like it.  So much for them making sure this last season was well done. 

I do hope I can be surprised, but the doubts are way too strong for me.

I don't see myself EVER watching the final 2 seasons again even if I do like the finale. They've just been too awful. 

My local CW is not airing on my cable provider right now, so I've lost track. When are the next new sucky episodes starting up again?  Thanks in advance.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

How does Dabb prevent Dean from getting lost?

What makes you think he does?  Or doesn't want him out of the picture?  

Dean is the one to call Amara, and then stands around looking angsty as everyone around  him plays their part.  Maybe he can make some nachos for everyone.  More likely he just gets drunk.

1 minute ago, Bali said:

When are the next new sucky episodes starting up again?  Thanks in advance.

Eps start again this Monday, March 16.

• Love 1
On 3/11/2020 at 9:07 AM, ILoveReading said:

I hated that line with the fire of ten thousand suns because yeah, you just know that it was writing on the wall for Sam to yet again have the BDH role solely to himself again and yes, just as happened in S5.

Yuck! Yuck!! And YUCK!!! if all we're in store for is Dean as strictly and only anyone's/everyone's capeholder again and this time in the Series Finale. 🤮

11 minutes ago, Bali said:

When are the next new sucky episodes starting up again? 

An episode written by Glynn and Berens and directed by Speight, featuring Ninja Kaia Sue Wayward. 

Sucky isn't even going to begin to describe this episode.