Type keyword(s) to search

These Spoilers Suck: Bitter Speculation About SPN Spoilers

catrox14
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Spoilers With Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, Castiels Cat said:

I think Dean's m.o. has always been helping other people so that what happened to his family didn't happen to anyone else. This is why he coined the family business motto. We saw him reiterate this in the most recent episode and regain his mojo and act like the super hunter and hero he is.

Sam per the pilot originally hunted for revenge and because of their obsession with Sam tropes the writers struggled for him to find purpose in hunting until Carver. I am really glad the writing is continuing to give him that purpose even though they have reverted to the familiar something is wrong with Sam trope for the final season.

So... Dabb said his word salad and for some reason which defies logic they are talking for the Jack crowd per the SM push.  Whatever. Mostly Dabb is talking without spoiling.

Clearly what Dabb said is not happening. Both Sam and Dean reflect both of their parents and each other and their life experiences.

This entire season is based on the fact that Dean didn't do what Chuck wanted him to do and now he wants to punish Dean mostly with whom he gas some pervy thing and and Sam. I think the pervy thing is based on the fact that Dean has a history of going off script which Chuck finds interesting most of the time except for Moriah 

Dabb has to know that Dean goes off script because he was there in s 5 and he wrote Moriah. Really I think Dabb is talking about the fact the guys think they are puppets on a string which was beautifully expressed in the final shot of 15:1 showing Dean and Sam sitting like two abandoned marionettes.

They aren't. We saw in s 14 how Chuck operates. He sets it all up. Everything was set up for Dean to kill Jack and for Dean to be destroyed by it. OPT. Apparently free will is Dean's super power.

And Sam's stupid angry move has given them insight into God's endgame plans and Gods head.  And maybe he dies  and/or does get absorbed by Amara along with Chuck to save the world. Now I am starting to see that happening because Cas stretched his soul and ruined everything. Oh Nos.

I have to hand it to you, Castiels Cat, you are much better at interpreting this nonsense than I am. You are actually making some sense of it. I'm still just LOL over the stretchy soul.

Just when I think I can't get any more bitter I read this.

After all that build-up, was Adam’s return what you expected? Was it spectacular?
I don’t think it’s over. I think it’s leading to something spectacular, or at least I hope so. When I was on set with Jared and Jensen and they’d ask me, “Do you have any more episodes?” I was like, “I don’t know, I’m just here right now enjoying this.” They both said, “I’d be surprised if you didn’t have more because what you’re doing in this episode is setting up everything.” What Adam and Michael are doing in this episode is setting up all the stuff that’s about to happen. So that’s my hope. There’s been some talk about what might happen in the future, so I think it could be going somewhere and I do hope it is explosive. But for now it definitely feels like a setup.

Bolding mine.   Sounds like Adam will be back for the finale and we're being set up for Swan Song 2.0. 

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Bolding mine.   Sounds like Adam will be back for the finale and we're being set up for Swan Song 2.0. 

Sam, Jack and Chuck duking it out amongst themselves really needs neither Michael nor even their pet Lucifer. 

Or what, is the ending supposed to be Endgame-like where everyone comes through a portal in the fight against Than... I mean Chuck? Or is it Michael and Adam have come to an understanding and happily sharing a vessel? Not even that is new.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

🤮

Oh, and 😠😡🤬

19 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

🤮

Oh, and 😠😡🤬

There is a reason Jensen didn't like the proposed ending. 

I'm thinking that Jack, Michael, Sam, Amara, and Rowena (who I'm sure will be back at some point) will confront Chuck and in the end there will be no more Supernatural. 

Sam will end up marrying Eileen and we will see him in law school, Jack and Cas will rule Heaven, Rowena will be Queen of Hell, and I'm guessing Dean will just drive off on a motorbike.

I can see Jensen having an issue with that because it would be like Dean not getting any kind of real ending, but just sort of drifting, lost without his life's purpose and is worried the character will look aimless and unimportant because he is the one character who really didn't get that proper closure.  Especially if he doesn't play any real part in bringing the ending about.  He'll be the only character without powers.   How does he not get lost in the shuffle with the big boys?

I remembered something from JIB this last year.  They were asked about the ending and Jared mentioned Jensen had a dream once and asked if he wanted to tell it.  Jensen just gave a hard no.  I thought it was a little strange.  Although I don't know if they knew the proposed ending or not, at this point.

As for Jensen coming around, I wonder if he truly got on board on if he made peace with it because he knew it wasn't changing.  He said he was the only one who had an objection and everyone else was on board.  So it sounds like the burden was on him to deal with it. 

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Dean's expressing in this picture sums up my feelings on that information. I will be so very happy when Jensen is finally free of this BS. I just hate that it will probably be a year before I can see him in something new. Hopefully the next project he will be the lead. 

• Love 4
On 12/9/2019 at 12:57 PM, Bali said:

I have to hand it to you, Castiels Cat, you are much better at interpreting this nonsense than I am. You are actually making some sense of it. I'm still just LOL over the stretchy soul.

IDK. Glass half full?

Adam and Adam makes sense too. Michael has to look like something even if he's not in a vessel... remember Lucifer in the cage looked like Nick...

Of course I would prefer for him to look like John but perhaps they tend to appear like their most recent vessel and both Johns are too busy...

Thinking the most logical thing now that we know about the stretchy soul which Cas f'd... these limp Sam things take on a life of their own and since it's attached to limp Chuck I am guessing there are serious legs.  The Russian probably can't fix it longterm and he did a bandaid. So if Amara can't fix it I suspect Sam has to be absorbed by Chuck so that Chuck is whole or they get merged. Either way it's not great for Sam. I think shooting Chuck with that particular gun and causing him to start an Apocalypse was extremely stupid myself... so... I  am not surprised their might be some dire consequences.

Alternatively given Jared's slip they both get absorbed by Amara to stabilize them and the world goes round... yeah!

Time travel is always an option since everyone has seen Infinity Wars. They could do that I suppose. Rewind the clock to before...  In fact if I were Chuck and my characters were misbehaving that's what I would do... but the Winchesters know their grandaddy's spell and hopefully they have a supply of feathers.

Edited by Castiels Cat
48 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

So Adam isn't a one-off. There will be more episodes and the Michael stuff will be part of the big end. I hate with all my being. 

Short-changing Dean out of a significant Michael story yet again is adding insult to injury for Jensen.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, juppschmitz said:

Short-changing Dean out of a significant Michael story yet again is adding insult to injury for Jensen.

And for no few in his fandom, too.

But I'm sure that that means very little to Dabb and co.

He's pleasing about 30% of the fandom, after all.

Good enough, right? 🙄

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I feel like someone important is missing from this list.

This person is a big Cas fan so it sounds like Dean resumes his role as the family doormat.

Nonsense! Here. Have a drink. Yes, it's red kool-aid. You will feel much better afterward. Trust me . . . /extreme sarcasm. 

• Love 4

And even she said there is a really big dumb Dean moment for the sake of making him look dumb not knowing a phrase he knew before. Yay. 

Let me guess: the one from the fables of Aesop.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

And even she said there is a really big dumb Dean moment for the sake of making him look dumb not knowing a phrase he knew before. Yay. 

Let me guess: the one from the fables of Aesop.

Do you have the tweet where she says this.  I didn't see that

Sounds like the gushing over the ep isn't really about the ep but the things that could happen. 

"The things I am OMGing are they things wouln't have controlled."  This line makes no sense (unless I'm misreading it) because the writers control everything.

8 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

Oh crap.

Berens is writing ep. 9?!

Dean will be grovelling for sure. 

I feel like the show is over already.

I wish it was, tbh.

Not that I have any hope whatsoever since they're only giving sarcastic answers if you ask a Dean question, but these two only see Dean as a trophy wife for Cas. 

So I'd wonder if they've given some legitimate entertainments sites screeners and what they might have to say about it.

Edited by ILoveReading

If she liked it, then I I'm even more worried how Dean will be treated.

I wouldn’t worry too much about what she says.  As long as there is some scene that she can point to as “destiel”, she’s ecstatic. So, her glee over the episode probably has very little to do with Dean himself. 

If she’s  “gasping” over the episode, my money is on fan pandering to the destiellers. 

18 minutes ago, Bessie said:

I wouldn’t worry too much about what she says.  As long as there is some scene that she can point to as “destiel”, she’s ecstatic. So, her glee over the episode probably has very little to do with Dean himself. 

If she’s  “gasping” over the episode, my money is on fan pandering to the destiellers. 

In the absence of a gag emoji, let me just write, "URP URP BWORF"

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Not that I have any hope whatsoever since they're only giving sarcastic answers if you ask a Dean question, but these two only see Dean as a trophy wife for Cas. 

So I'd wonder if they've given some legitimate entertainments sites screeners and what they might have to say about it.

I'm hoping to hear from the more legitimate ones, too-because the destieller pandering in tonight's episode is a given now. 

But the part about him getting ready to embark on a big mission that will cover some old ground sounds intriguing-if it's true, that is. 

3 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

But the part about him getting ready to embark on a big mission that will cover some old ground sounds intriguing-if it's true, that is. 

Dean is nothing to that writer other than someone who props up everyone else. The problem for me, is she says Dean's stories are best from a personal, not big picture thing, so I think Dean goes on amission to find a way to save Sam from being attached to Chuck. He wont be the guy that save s the world from Chuck. He will probably be the guy that saves Sam and only Sam so Sam can save the world from Chuck.

• Love 1

Let me guess, Dean is no better than Chuck and he's too bossy and controlling.

I hate that old bullshit about Dean's personal relationships being his strongest storylines. It's predominantly just the opinion of shippers who want Dean to hover over and around and centralize their personal favorite(s), IMO. 

They certainly don't speak for me as a fan of Dean's or Jensen's.  Thats for sure.

And if the message is Dean is too controlling, Dabb and co. can continue to fuck right off, AFAIC.

Edited by Myrelle
Revision
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Dean is nothing to that writer other than someone who props up everyone else. The problem for me, is she says Dean's stories are best from a personal, not big picture thing, so I think Dean goes on amission to find a way to save Sam from being attached to Chuck. He wont be the guy that save s the world from Chuck. He will probably be the guy that saves Sam and only Sam so Sam can save the world from Chuck.

Sadly, I have to agree with you.

Dean's story will once again be All About Sam. 

Jensen even said the same at one of the cons, didn't he?

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

Dean's story will once again be All About Sam. 

It might be, but I don’t think that’s what she’s talking about, given her past writings. I think when she speaks of personal stories that she enjoys in regard to Dean, she’s talking about destiel, not sam.

I expect a couple of episodes focused with heavy pandering to a fandom ship and then we’ll move on. 

From a writing perspective, it kinda makes sense to resolve the issues between Dean and castiel now, get them out of the way. Or, I could just be projecting because I want it over with ASAP.  So boring and unnecessary, this stupid conflict between them. 

9 minutes ago, Bessie said:

It might be, but I don’t think that’s what she’s talking about, given her past writings. I think when she speaks of personal stories that she enjoys in regard to Dean, she’s talking about destiel, not sam.

I expect a couple of episodes focused with heavy pandering to a fandom ship and then we’ll move on. 

From a writing perspective, it kinda makes sense to resolve the issues between Dean and castiel now, get them out of the way. Or, I could just be projecting because I want it over with ASAP.  So boring and unnecessary, this stupid conflict between them. 

But we already know that the resolution doesn't come til the second half of the season. This way the 'fans' can spend the whole hiatus beating up on Dean before he grovels for forgiveness after the break.

At this point, *anything* that makes a Destiel shipper happy can only mean cringeworthy scenes for me. Then again, given that they can make *anything* fit their ship, who even knows what's actually happening.

I don't skip watching episodes, because I don't feel I can comment on something I didn't see for myself, but I will be waiting to see just how bad this one is before I watch. My blood pressure doesn't need the rage, lol.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

But we already know that the resolution doesn't come til the second half of the season. This way the 'fans' can spend the whole hiatus beating up on Dean before he grovels for forgiveness after the break.

At this point, *anything* that makes a Destiel shipper happy can only mean cringeworthy scenes for me. Then again, given that they can make *anything* fit their ship, who even knows what's actually happening.

I don't skip watching episodes, because I don't feel I can comment on something I didn't see for myself, but I will be waiting to see just how bad this one is before I watch. My blood pressure doesn't need the rage, lol.

I hear you.

And I'll bet the ranch that everyone and everything on this show will be centered around Sam by the end of this season and the series.

That we also have to put up with it in even a mini fashion with Castiel through the hiatus and into the second half makes me understand perfectly why any Dean fan would choose not to watch live or even at all, to be frank.

• Love 1

I definitely read enough to be forewarned not to watch live, so I won't. Later is better.

But I also think we're getting a good idea now of where this weak ass plot is going to know the many ways Jensen wouldn't like it.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

So it seems like all that stuff she was saying for Dean is stuff that doesn't actually happen, just what she thinks will happen based on the way the episode ends.

I think a lot of this is just headcanon any way. But she is someone who said the show is "about relationships" so the soap opera aspect might be endlessly fascinating to her.

Having read another interview with Rob Benedict how his first order of buisness is going to be to seek out Sam to fix that connection thing they have and get back to full power, I wonder if this is either gonna happen in this episode or set up to happen for ep 9. Possibly as "a cliffhanger". 

Dabb spoiled ages ago that at some point Chuck is gonna be at full power again and it would be the usual "yay, we have a surefire way to defeat our current baddie" to then spectacularly fail mid-Season. Last episode ended with "yay, Chuck is weak, we can totally beat him". 

Then Chuck being at full power is the reason for that stupid meta episode about how they, likely mostly Dean, suck at everything now because Chuck grudge-writes them. 

But since I can`t have nice things, I doubt the connection is severed and both brothers are on even keel again with Chuck. As if.  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I think a lot of this is just headcanon any way. But she is someone who said the show is "about relationships" so the soap opera aspect might be endlessly fascinating to her.

Having read another interview with Rob Benedict how his first order of buisness is going to be to seek out Sam to fix that connection thing they have and get back to full power, I wonder if this is either gonna happen in this episode or set up to happen for ep 9. Possibly as "a cliffhanger". 

Dabb spoiled ages ago that at some point Chuck is gonna be at full power again and it would be the usual "yay, we have a surefire way to defeat our current baddie" to then spectacularly fail mid-Season. Last episode ended with "yay, Chuck is weak, we can totally beat him". 

Then Chuck being at full power is the reason for that stupid meta episode about how they, likely mostly Dean, suck at everything now because Chuck grudge-writes them. 

But since I can`t have nice things, I doubt the connection is severed and both brothers are on even keel again with Chuck. As if.  

I think that fan girling Jess, who used to run the spoiler sheet, hinted at something big happening and it turned out to be nothing and that is when she shut her blog down.  (I don't know the whole story).  So hopefully these two are exaggerating for hits. 

Marisa Roffman, one of the more netrual writers just said she is getting ready to watch the ep.  So hopefully we'll have a more objective take.

I've seen people saying that Dean has been pining over Cas since he left, but Jensen hasn't been playing it that way.  He's been playing it as 100% done with Cas's crap, and he doesn't seem that broken up that Cas left.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I think that fan girling Jess, who used to run the spoiler sheet, hinted at something big happening and it turned out to be nothing and that is when she shut her blog down.  (I don't know the whole story).  So hopefully these two are exaggerating for hits. 

Marisa Roffman, one of the more netrual writers just said she is getting ready to watch the ep.  So hopefully we'll have a more objective take.

I've seen people saying that Dean has been pining over Cas since he left, but Jensen hasn't been playing it that way.  He's been playing it as 100% done with Cas's crap, and he doesn't seem that broken up that Cas left.

She is a big Destiel shippers and promised her following something huge. They all thought it was Destiel actually hooking up and they tore her to shreds afterwards. 

• Love 1

Kind of interesing that she only mentions the first part and doesn't really address the 2nd.

Total opposite to what the other two were saying, regarding Sam and Elieen, and that they are pretty awkward (especially Sam). 

She tends to be more of a Sam fan.  So there is no talk of Dean.  Part of me doesn't want to ask because of my favorite piece of advice.  Don't ask if your not prepared for the answer.

Im waiting for the other reviewer.  I think she's a little neutral.

Also there was no gushing over the ep.  Other than answering fan questions, all she said was that there was no fax machine. 

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Kind of interesing that she only mentions the first part and doesn't really address the 2nd.

Total opposite to what the other two were saying, regarding Sam and Elieen, and that they are pretty awkward (especially Sam). 

She tends to be more of a Sam fan.  So there is no talk of Dean.  Part of me doesn't want to ask because of my favorite piece of advice.  Don't ask if your not prepared for the answer.

Im waiting for the other reviewer.  I think she's a little neutral.

Also there was no gushing over the ep.  Other than answering fan questions, all she said was that there was no fax machine. 

Interesting that she's always been more of a Sam fan and even she sees only awkwardness between Sam and Eileen, and zero romantic chemistry. 

• Love 2