Type keyword(s) to search

These Spoilers Suck: Bitter Speculation About SPN Spoilers

catrox14
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Spoilers With Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I'm not sure.  But Jared, Jensen and Misha have made no secret that they weren't fans of the final few eps of s11.  Jensen talked about it at a con that the finale was a collaborative effort with him, Misha, Mark and Jared.  he said they never had as much input into a script.

I have no idea what Dabb's original intention were but I would really like to read the original copy of the script.

You know that should have been the first sign for all of them on what a disaster the show was about to become. Now I wonder if that’s when Dabb decided to assassinate Crowley. Well if the higher ups had the power to overrule Dabb then, it gives me hope that J2  has the power now to stop Dabb from ruining the show next year. If Jensen is as excited as he appears then maybe they reall are cleaning house with Mary, Nick and Jack.

Once again, my only hope lies with Jensen's apparent excitement about the finale.

Did he say something at the last Con about that? At the end of the Season I never know if it`s a "yay, vacation" excitment. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Lastcall said:

You know that should have been the first sign for all of them on what a disaster the show was about to become. Now I wonder if that’s when Dabb decided to assassinate Crowley. Well if the higher ups had the power to overrule Dabb then, it gives me hope that J2  has the power now to stop Dabb from ruining the show next year. If Jensen is as excited as he appears then maybe they reall are cleaning house with Mary, Nick and Jack.

For me s11 always has an asterisk beside it because its hard to say definitely who was in charge.  Carver started it, and Dabb finished it when Carver went onto show run Frequency.   I actually really liked how the season started.  I thought they set up the mytharc well with Dean and his connection to Amara.  

This was also the season Singer took a step back and was consulting producer (or something like that). 

So I dont know when Carver pulled back.  I have my suspicion when the Amara storyline was all but dumped in the mid-season finale to bring back Lucifer.

TBH, I never understood why they signed Mark S to a regular contract.  He didn't' have one until s10. I got excited because I thought that meant they had big plans for demon Dean and needed to make sure Mark S was under contract, but that fizzled out and after that they had no clue what to do with Crowley. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Aeryn13 said:

Did he say something at the last Con about that? At the end of the Season I never know if it`s a "yay, vacation" excitment. 

IIRC, he said something like "we're goin' Big next year". 

I did not hear or read anything about what he thinks of the finale, though.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Lastcall said:

If Jensen is as excited as he appears then maybe they reall are cleaning house with Mary, Nick and Jack.

Why would you assume Jensen would want to get rid of Mary, Nick or Jack?

I'm thrilled the boys will have input on the final season - they’ll protect their characters and provide an end fitting in their minds for the series. But with the massive range of fan opinions, I don’t think there’s evidence to support that he thinks those characters should go.  

Edited by SueB
  • Love 2

IIRC, he said something like "we're goin' Big next year". 

I did not hear or read anything about what he thinks of the finale, though.

I have difficulty placing this. He said they want to participate in storyboarding but also said they are prepared for the execs to not listen to them. And, as they haven`t been given exec producer status, they just don`t have any margin of creative control. If Dabb and Singer say no to their ideas, what can they do? Especially Jensen who Dabb apparently simply blows off.

He could go to higher-ups, Pedowitz and/or Roth and I think Jensen is on better terms with them than with Dabb but I`m not sure if or to what degree he`d be willing to do that.

Personally, I would want to ban all the "Dean is made a laughing stock" scenes or "dumb Dean" scenes but Jensen doesn`t appear to mind them as he sometimes improvs the slapstick himself. Without writers and directors wanting to honor the character of Dean, we are shit out of luck for the little things. And story-wise, I`m not sure we`d be getting anything either. 

Maybe for the Series Finale, if they did any variation of 5.22, this time it would end with both brothers sacrificing themselves, as freaking 5.22 should have in the first place, no rando character coming in and stealing the storyline.

This year`s Finale looks to be all about precious Nougat and possibly Nickifer. 

• Useful 1
30 minutes ago, SueB said:

Why would you assume Jensen would want to get rid of Mary, Nick or Jack?

I'm thrilled the boys will have input on the final season - they’ll protect their characters and provide an end fitting in their minds for the series. But with the massive range of fan opinions, I don’t think there’s evidence to support that he thinks those characters should go.  

I don’t think Jensen wants to get rid of anyone. I do think it is possible Dabb was told to wrap up his story lines and Mary, Nick and Jack (and the au’s) are a big part of that but it doesn’t mean the characters have to die. J2 are excited, it seems they are devoting some of their free time (storyboards) to make Season 15 a big send off. So I’m hoping that 15 will be solely focused on Sam and Dean whether Mary,Nick and Jack are alive or not.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I have difficulty placing this. He said they want to participate in storyboarding but also said they are prepared for the execs to not listen to them. And, as they haven`t been given exec producer status, they just don`t have any margin of creative control. If Dabb and Singer say no to their ideas, what can they do? Especially Jensen who Dabb apparently simply blows off.

He could go to higher-ups, Pedowitz and/or Roth and I think Jensen is on better terms with them than with Dabb but I`m not sure if or to what degree he`d be willing to do that.

Personally, I would want to ban all the "Dean is made a laughing stock" scenes or "dumb Dean" scenes but Jensen doesn`t appear to mind them as he sometimes improvs the slapstick himself. Without writers and directors wanting to honor the character of Dean, we are shit out of luck for the little things. And story-wise, I`m not sure we`d be getting anything either. 

Maybe for the Series Finale, if they did any variation of 5.22, this time it would end with both brothers sacrificing themselves, as freaking 5.22 should have in the first place, no rando character coming in and stealing the storyline.

This year`s Finale looks to be all about precious Nougat and possibly Nickifer. 

My mistake about the finale, though I could swear there was something...

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Do you think they might remember when Lucifer touched the bible it burned?  And when pregnant Kelly touched the bible it also burned.  Wouldn't that foretell that Jack is evil?  Dean was right!

They don't remember anything that taints NougatSue.

• Love 3
(edited)

I know that Jensen said that he and Jared were going to at least try to have more input in the storyline for next season, but I don't think that equates to agreeing to increase their screen time back to what it used to be.  With the AU hunters all dead, they're going to need the additional cast members to fill in for the J's when they're off. 

And I'm probably the only one, but I hope Mary's not dead.  

Edited by MysteryGuest
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I know that Jensen said that he and Jared were going to at least try to have more input in the storyline for next season, but I don't think that equates to agreeing to agreeing to increase their screen time back to what it used to be.  With the AU hunters all dead, they're going to need the additional cast members to fill in for the J's when they're off. 

And I'm probably the only one, but I hope Mary's not dead.  

Solely judging from one con but J2 seem highly motivated to end this series well. I’m sure they don’t want a horrible final season to ruin 15 years of hard work. This year is the long hiatus they negotiated and they are already going back to work in May to work on the storyboards. I dont know if they will film more days but I doubt they will ask to be cut out of things like with Mardi Gras. I also believe J2 see season 15 as a way to make up for the past 3 seasons and if they succeed people will remember the ending and perhaps be more forgiving of the bad years. The final season seemed to reenergize them and I think they will put all their energy into making next year a good one then get their well deserved rest.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Lastcall said:

Solely judging from one con but J2 seem highly motivated to end this series well. I’m sure they don’t want a horrible final season to ruin 15 years of hard work. This year is the long hiatus they negotiated and they are already going back to work in May to work on the storyboards. I dont know if they will film more days but I doubt they will ask to be cut out of things like with Mardi Gras. I also believe J2 see season 15 as a way to make up for the past 3 seasons and if they succeed people will remember the ending and perhaps be more forgiving of the bad years. The final season seemed to reenergize them and I think they will put all their energy into making next year a good one then get their well deserved rest.

I know that they have expressed their desire to have some input, but the show is still run by Dabb and Singer, with the same writers and studio backing them.  I'd love for a fabulous season to end the series, but I don't see the J's working more hours than they did this season. 

Maybe I'm just trying to temper my expectations a bit.  I've been waiting for them to get back to basics on this show for a few years now.  It's been promised, but never delivered.  I've pretty much given up on it ever happening.  Which means more Lucifer, Heaven/Hell, angel/demon crap right through till the end.  

• Love 4

I can’t believe I’m going to watch a Berens Dean light episode but the chance to watch Mary go away live is too tempting. I know Smith is in at least one more episode so I haven’t given up that this is all a cruel trick by Dabb. Luckily, there is a con this weekend and Smith will be there. We should get a good feel on if the death will stick. Hopefully the rest of the con will be as informative as the last since there will be a long drought until the next con (after J2 have been involved with the storyboards).

• Love 1

So in the promo Nougat-Sue is still all innocent baby-like when mean Dean wants to shoot him. Sam and Cas are all "poor Jackie-poo", driving mean-Dean home even more. And of course is running to the cemetary to stop his mean brother and save the little wounded baby bird 2.0.

Everything to make Dean to be the sole bad guy.

• Love 5

I was getting my hopes up for the season finale after Jensen said he was excited and involved in it plus zombies but after that promo my hopes were dashed. This season has been horribly predictable and seems obsessed with pleasing the twitter tweens who are impressed with anything. I’m not going to overthink this one so I’m going as basic as possible with my prediction. So....Sam comes up with a way for Dean to kill Jack with a bullet (left over Michael grace). Just as Dean is about to do it...Chuck appears and takes Jack away to hang with auntie Amara. The other 35 minutes are filler.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Lastcall said:

I’m not going to overthink this one so I’m going as basic as possible with my prediction. So....Sam comes up with a way for Dean to kill Jack with a bullet (left over Michael grace). Just as Dean is about to do it...Chuck appears and takes Jack away to hang with auntie Amara. The other 35 minutes are filler.

Nah--they have to end on a cliffhanger.  The announcement about the show ending came after all the storyline had been plotted out and they didn't have enough time to wrap everything up neatly by the end of this season, so there's got to be some left over.  Though I'd rather watch 35 minutes of filler than a cliffhanger based on what they did tonight.  

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I'm seriously wondering what about the finale excited Jensen. 

Its seems designed to throw his character under the bus.

I was hoping for something epic like Jensen said. Like Dean blowing up a horde of zombies with a grenade launcher epic. The cliff hanger will probably be Sam and Dean surrounded by zombies....all set up, no pay off like every Season from Dabb.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

So in the promo Nougat-Sue is still all innocent baby-like when mean Dean wants to shoot him

That scene looked like it was copy and pasted from the same type of scene involving Dean and Sam in the S10 finale episode  to me.

It reminded me of it so much that my eyes couldn't help but roll to the back of my head like it was an involuntary reaction. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I'm glad I got to see the preview for next week. At least now I know I can go see the opening of Avengers End Game without fretting over seeing that mess live.

I`m going on Wednesday to see it, hopefully I`m so pumped from the movie (am spoiled to kingdom come) that I forget SPN is even on.

I mean pretty much a re-do of the Season 10 Finale where let me guess, Sam will stop Dean from doing harm to the Nougat Baby? Or Chuck comes in and berates Dean?

Wonder what Alex Calvert`s status is with the show. Hopefully, Chuck takes the character with him on a long vacation. 

• Love 6

I think the finale will be paint by numbers.

Jack doesn't kill Sam and Dean for....reasons before zapping out. 

Cas and Sam act like self rigtheous hypocrites and lecture Dean about how this is all his fault. 

They go to try and find Jack.

Cas confronts god and convinces him to help.   Tells Sam.

Sam races to stop Dean from killing Jack.

Repeat of s10 where Dean struggles with pulling the trigger. 

Lectured by God. 

I'm trying to figure where the zombies come in.  Probably Jack's way of trying to stop Dean.

I'm still trying to figure out what could possible have excited Jensen.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, PinkChicken said:

Someone on tumblr suggested that the instagram 'zombies' are Jack's new angels and that he obviously messed up in making them somehow. That could be a cool idea, but honestly I'm so bad with faces that even with both this ep and the pic up on my screen I cant be sure through the makeup, and I don't think all of them line up.

This would be interesting and fit-so it's probably not the case. 😉

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, PinkChicken said:

Someone on tumblr suggested that the instagram 'zombies' are Jack's new angels and that he obviously messed up in making them somehow. That could be a cool idea, but honestly I'm so bad with faces that even with both this ep and the pic up on my screen I cant be sure through the makeup, and I don't think all of them line up..?

Actually, it does seem possible.  Isn't the woman in the back the wimpy blond who was the leader of the prayer group?  And the two larger men on the left look familiar (have you ever seen a plus-size zombie?)  

The ep description:  ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON A SHOCKING SEASON FINALE – Sam (Jared Padalecki), Dean (Jensen Ackles) and Castiel (Misha Collins) are thrown into an epic battle. Meanwhile, Jack (Alexander Calvert) becomes disenchanted with all the lies, and an old friend from the past shows up. 

So...TFW vs. angel-zombies and Chuck ex machina?

Okay, I have a wild idea. Some if Dean's moments in Jack in the Crack, he seemed more like Michael with his determined and direct actions.

Could it be that Michael was more powerful than is known and he isn't dead at all. I mean there is no  evidence that the Empty is  the final resting place for an angel from the AU. He influences Jack to kill Mary knowing it would destabilize Dean , Sam and Cas from wherever he went.

So he plugs into Dean's grief and amps up the anger part of grief because Dean is not generally vengeance driven for the sake of vengeance minus MoC!Dean.

He plugs into Sam's tendency to over identify with someone he thinks is like him in anyway so he feels the over the top"empathy" and it makes him doubt everything.

With Cas, he plugs into Cas' inability to see things as they are so he has Cas fight with Dean about Jack, and ends up with Jack in the Crack in the bunker instead if at the bottom of the ocean like Dean was going to do in the first place. Which gives Michael basically the world because TFW2.0 is fractured now and Michael comes back in Christian Keyes vessel for reasons and offers to take Jack off the map for good and that's when Chuck shows up thus Michael will have caught up with the Old Man a long last.

What am I thinking...that would take Steve Yockey writing this finale an becoming showrunner fir that to happen. Oh well, I can dream.

• Love 3

So I looked at Jensen’s Instagram picture and those are definitely Jack’s angel zombies. I’ve given up any hope of Dean killing any of them. I’m guessing they will melt down the arch angel blade so Dean can shoot Jack because the “wielded by an arch angel” rule somehow doesn’t apply to nephilim. Dean will have a change of heart and realize he can’t kill precious Jack or worse he will shoot him and the bullet will be stopped by Chuck. I don’t think the CW cares enough now to stop Dabb from killing Chuck. So Jack will kill his granddad after being saved by him and Dabb will probably try and out do the falling angels bit from season 8 but this time with human souls. Jack will be set up as the season 15 villain but that will be resolved in the first five minutes of the season opener. *Sigh*

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Lastcall said:

So I looked at Jensen’s Instagram picture and those are definitely Jack’s angel zombies. I’ve given up any hope of Dean killing any of them. I’m guessing they will melt down the arch angel blade so Dean can shoot Jack because the “wielded by an arch angel” rule somehow doesn’t apply to nephilim. Dean will have a change of heart and realize he can’t kill precious Jack or worse he will shoot him and the bullet will be stopped by Chuck. I don’t think the CW cares enough now to stop Dabb from killing Chuck. So Jack will kill his granddad after being saved by him and Dabb will probably try and out do the falling angels bit from season 8 but this time with human souls. Jack will be set up as the season 15 villain but that will be resolved in the first five minutes of the season opener. *Sigh*

I haven't had a chance to go back and look at the still, but as soon as I saw Jack turning them into "angels", I had a feeling that's who those zombies would turn out to be. Makes sense every supposed good Jack tries to do goes sideways. In that respect, it's a decent plot point. I'm sure it will go nowhere after the finale, but at least that part of the dumpster fire has some merit.

56 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

ep description:  ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON A SHOCKING SEASON FINALE – Sam (Jared Padalecki), Dean (Jensen Ackles) and Castiel (Misha Collins) are thrown into an epic battle. Meanwhile, Jack (Alexander Calvert) becomes disenchanted with all the lies, and an old friend from the past shows up.  

Really, pr monkeys? They are actually lifting the s2 finale name for this? So I guess it's going g to be the mix of s2 and s8 finales with all Heaven  Breaking loose and  not!angels on Earth. Maybe Sam will end up getting those Demins get shouted at to help them fight zombie angels so we end up with the Boy King anyway.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

I haven't had a chance to go back and look at the still, but as soon as I saw Jack turning them into "angels", I had a feeling that's who those zombies would turn out to be. Makes sense every supposed good Jack tries to do goes sideways. In that respect, it's a decent plot point. I'm sure it will go nowhere after the finale, but at least that part of the dumpster fire has some merit.

It won't matter because it was an "accident"

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Really, pr monkeys? They are actually lifting the s2 finale name for this?

Do you really think any of the current crop of writers even remembers season 2?  

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Do you really think any of the current crop of writers even remembers season 2?  

If they even saw it, they were probably running the vacuum while they watched, so no.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Since I’ve lost a bit of faith in the finale and if they really want to mess with the Mary haters, how about Chuck saves heaven turns the souls into angels and makes Mary the queen of heaven (like Smith mentioned at the con).

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

It's almost like you were in the writers room!!

• Love 2

EXCELLENT catch on the angelzombies!

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, SueB said:

EXCELLENT catch on the angelzombies!

Thanks. Now the question is the “epic” fight between Chuck and Jack (with the angels) or do Sam,Dean and Cas fight the angelzombies while Chuck and Jack do their thing. It’s also possible the Angels were burned by holy oil or they might be the stinger for the cliffhanger (Chuck and Jack leave then the Angelzombies show up).

• Useful 1

Promo pics  for the Finale

Is Jack darkening the sun or does the scene just transition between day and night in a couple of seconds? Or does Chuck do it because heaven wails over Jackie-poo?

It`s clearly daylight when the little lamb is on his knees and mean Dean points the gun at him. It`s light when obviously Sam arrives with the "oh noes" hand gesture. Cas seems to be there the entire time. Does he just stand there? It`s not like Dean can do anything to him. He clearly doesn`t shoot him with the archangel blade bullets. 

It`s still day when Sam stands right beside Dean in apparently the same location aka the cemetary. Then it`s night when Dean looks up at the sky, Sam suddenly has an injury? on his shoulder - which he doesn`t have when he stands next to Dean. Then the pic where Dean is just turned away and Cas holds up the angel blade defensively. 

From the looks of it, I don`t think Dean pulled the trigger but he is somehow still gonna be the bad guy, that I can be certain of. 

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Promo pics  for the Finale

Is Jack darkening the sun or does the scene just transition between day and night in a couple of seconds? Or does Chuck do it because heaven wails over Jackie-poo?

It`s clearly daylight when the little lamb is on his knees and mean Dean points the gun at him. It`s light when obviously Sam arrives with the "oh noes" hand gesture. Cas seems to be there the entire time. Does he just stand there? It`s not like Dean can do anything to him. He clearly doesn`t shoot him with the archangel blade bullets. 

It`s still day when Sam stands right beside Dean in apparently the same location aka the cemetary. Then it`s night when Dean looks up at the sky, Sam suddenly has an injury? on his shoulder - which he doesn`t have when he stands next to Dean. Then the pic where Dean is just turned away and Cas holds up the angel blade defensively. 

From the looks of it, I don`t think Dean pulled the trigger but he is somehow still gonna be the bad guy, that I can be certain of. 

All right, those photos cleared a lot up. I’m going with Dean does not kill Jack. Jacks either on a jaunt with Chuck or gone full villain. The cliffhanger is the night shoot. Jensen’s pic was at night hence AngelZombies. It ends with Sam,Dean and Cas surrounded by Zangels?  ...Zombgels?...Angie’s? Season 15 is Sam and Dean saving heaven.

Edited by Lastcall
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, Lastcall said:

All right, those photos cleared a lot up. I’m going with Dean does not kill Jack. Jacks either on a jaunt with Chuck or gone full villain. The cliffhanger is the night shoot. Jensen’s pic was at night hence AngelZombies. It ends with Sam,Dean and Cas surrounded by Zangels?  ...Zombgels?...Angie’s? Season 15 is Sam and Dean saving heaven.

I'm going with Angie's

• Love 2
4 hours ago, catrox14 said:

So he plugs into Dean's grief and amps up the anger part of grief because Dean is not generally vengeance driven for the sake of vengeance minus MoC!Dean.

Unless they are echoing season 7 Dean who was vengeance driven. In that case - unlike MoC Dean - it wasn't considered a bad thing, so I'm okay with it. And I'd rather that, because I really don't want them to use Sam as the moral talking point guy questioning him going for vengeance thereby making him look like a jerk and a hypocrite... Castiel, okay. He's by nature more holier than thou (well, because: angel, so yeah).

This show seems to have forgotten lately that Sam does actually on many occasions have Dean's back and support him - recent example: Sam telling Mary to leave the bunker and meaning it. So this contrived brother angst is annoying, in my opinion.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Lastcall said:

There already was a character this season who stated that he wanted to kill God in one of Jensen's finest monologues after which he seemingly engineered his death and was swallowed by Jack for brunch. IDK... I hope Michael set everything up to get Chuck to show up and he is still lurking inside Jack huffing nephilim grace pretending to be Hallucifer, possibly chattering in his ear and causing him to overload and have his accident all over Mary.

Or so I hope.

Edited by Castiels Cat
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Castiels Cat said:

There already was a character this season who stated that he wanted to kill God in one of Jensen's finest monologues after which he seemingly engineered his death and was swallowed by Jack for brunch. IDK... I hope Michael set everything up to get Chuck to show up and he is still lurking inside Jack huffing nephilim grace pretending to be Hallucifer, possibly chattering in his ear and causing him to overload and have his accident all over Mary.

Or so I hope.

No and let Nougat Sue off the hook and Dean's still the bad guy for not knowing somehow that the innocent little baby could never hurt anyway really? No let's not.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, tessathereaper said:

No and let Nougat Sue off the hook and Dean's still the bad guy for not knowing somehow that the innocent little baby could never hurt anyway really? No let's not.

Jack is out of control.  That has been clear since he played with the teenagers and killed his pet and seared Nick and threw smiting temper tantrums and believes that killing people makes the Winchesters happy. Jack is f'd up. Jack is scary.

I won't give up on Michael though. Not yet...

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Castiels Cat said:

Jack is out of control.  That has been clear since he played with the teenagers and killed his pet and seared Nick and threw smiting temper tantrums and believes that killing people makes the Winchesters happy. Jack is f'd up. Jack is scary.

I won't give up on Michael though. Not yet...

But Michael was IN HIM at the time, if your idea came to fruition, so it won't count, you have to see that.  It will be Michael fault he did that.  So if Michael is in their arranging this, then Jack is completely and utterly off the hook and Dean is STILL set up as the bad guy for not realizing sweet little woobie baby Jack would never do those things of his own accord without Michael influencing him.

• Love 6