Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E13: Winter in Summer

nikita
  • Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Tatum said:

I guess I just can't see how Jenelle was "strung along" in any capacity. There was never a time in Jace's lifetime that Jenelle demonstrated a consistent model of behavior conducive to raising a child. This is someone who has rarely held a job (I think her last job was a restaurant in what, 2011?), has made no attempt to use her certification to get a job, has repeatedly dated and lived with violent men, has been arrested so many times people were able to make a calendar of her mugshots and have a few spares pics left over- what person in their right mind would hand a child over to someone like that?

At the end of the day, I have never (and totally concede this is only my own opinion) believed Jenelle has any love for any of her kids, or wants them for any other reason than what they can give to her (ties to their father, a weapon against Barb, etc). Jenelle said during one of her meetings with a custody lawyer that she wanted Jace and to make sure Barb could only see him when Jenelle said she could. It was always about control and vindictiveness for Jenelle. I have never noticed one second of actual love from her for any of these kids.

You forgot $$$! Every innocent child she pops out means more MTV cash. I've often wondered what her life would have turned out like if MTV had pulled the plug after her original 16 & Pregnant season. Without them throwing cash at her, she may have been forced to actually work for a living and grow up. Instead, because of MTV, she's convinced herself that she's some sort of celebrity princess and deserves a shit ton of money for doing nothing.

• Love 21

Barb did say that when Jenelle finished school and got a house, she would work on transitioning Jace back, she just figured it would never happen. So I can see where in Jenelle's mind she would think Barb was stringing her along only to move the goalposts yet again. 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Barb did say that when Jenelle finished school and got a house, she would work on transitioning Jace back, she just figured it would never happen. So I can see where in Jenelle's mind she would think Barb was stringing her along only to move the goalposts yet again. 

OK, fair point. Barb should have thrown in that Jenelle should go for 12 months of no arrests and also not date someone with a violent criminal record. That would have been enough to ensure that Jenelle never thought she had a chance.

• Love 10

"Dude. I'm too stressed because that bitch is taking out charges against me, dude. Don't drop Jace off".

"Why do you you always have to ruin everything? I don't want to spend Christmas with my son and my siblings. I want you to let me take Jace to spend Christmas with David and his daughter. Too bad you already made plans".

• Love 14
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I also bet that at that point, barb thought TM2 would never last this long, and jenelle would never be able to buy a home without a job! She likely expected that jenelle would have some sort of reliable, long-term plan for income. I would be worried too if I was sending a child into a crapshoot situation where heads, they make 300K a year, and tails, they're permanently unemployed!

• Love 10

Agree to all the above. 

Barb said transition. That doesn't mean hand over Jace with his suitcase to Jenelle and she wipes her hands clean of him. She made it clear it meant starting out with visitation and it would be a gradual process depending what was happening on Jenelle's end.  If Jenelle wanted specifics (she didn't, but it is being implied here she wasn't being told specifics) she could ASK. She could have INQUIRED. She could have informed Barb she would like to go WITH BARB TO THE ATTORNEY and speak with him about putting something in writing to get the process started. What effort was made by Jenelle to know what could she do to ensure she could have Jace back in her custody? The onus is on Jenelle. 

• Love 22
3 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Agree to all the above. 

Barb said transition. That doesn't mean hand over Jace with his suitcase to Jenelle and she wipes her hands clean of him. She made it clear it meant starting out with visitation and it would be a gradual process depending what was happening on Jenelle's end.  If Jenelle wanted specifics (she didn't, but it is being implied here she wasn't being told specifics) she could ASK. She could have INQUIRED. She could have informed Barb she would like to go WITH BARB TO THE ATTORNEY and speak with him about putting something in writing to get the process started. What effort was made by Jenelle to know what could she do to ensure she could have Jace back in her custody? The onus is on Jenelle. 

Or you know what? She could have figured out ON HER OWN that getting arrested, having screaming, physical fights with her criminal boyfriends, locking kids in their rooms so she could sit outside and bitch about them being kids, asking emotionally manipulative questions of Jace and putting him on the spot in front of men he was afraid of, etc wasn't the best environment for him. It's not rocket science, Jenelle, and I don't think it's fair for her to expect Barbara to specifically lay out the horrible things Jenelle shouldn't do. I wouldn't run over a pedestrian while driving and bitch that no one TOLD me that I shouldn't run him or her over.

Jenelle should WANT to make a safe home for Jace, not because she HAS to in order to get him back, but because she WANTS him to have that. No one should have to get on her ass about that. But even on the occasions where she tried to get him back, it was about what SHE wanted, not what he wanted. Jace's wellbeing has never been her concern. It was more, this kid is mine so he should live with me.

• Love 23
3 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Or you know what? She could have figured out ON HER OWN that getting arrested, having screaming, physical fights with her criminal boyfriends, locking kids in their rooms so she could sit outside and bitch about them being kids, asking emotionally manipulative questions of Jace and putting him on the spot in front of men he was afraid of, etc wasn't the best environment for him. It's not rocket science, Jenelle, and I don't think it's fair for her to expect Barbara to specifically lay out the horrible things Jenelle shouldn't do. I wouldn't run over a pedestrian while driving and bitch that no one TOLD me that I shouldn't run him or her over.

Jenelle should WANT to make a safe home for Jace, not because she HAS to in order to get him back, but because she WANTS him to have that. No one should have to get on her ass about that. But even on the occasions where she tried to get him back, it was about what SHE wanted, not what he wanted. Jace's wellbeing has never been her concern. It was more, this kid is mine so he should live with me.

100 percent agree. 

Jace is just a possession to her and another way to hurt Barb. He is being used as a weapon by Jenelle and UBT. 

• Love 17
21 hours ago, TeenMomAngerMgmt said:

Luis really shouldn't give a fuck what they think. That's the problem. Maybe Brittany and Roxanne are being unfair, but that shouldn't stop Luis from stepping up and doing the right thing. If you do what you're supposed to (honor child support agreements, get your visitation like you're supposed to, stay active and involved, etc.) they can't do or say shit to you. Stella will benefit and that's the only thing that matters. I do not buy for a second that Brittany or Roxanne have the power to "push away" a man who truly wants to be an involved parent in his child's life. 

I didn't say any of that. I wasn't talking about what LUIS would think. I was simply agreeing with the poster who said that The Coven intentionally pick shitty dudes so they have an excuse for sitting around and bitching about how horrible their situation was. IF Luid got his shit together (not saying he will, and I agree he should do it for his daughter's sake), their heads would explode. 

• Love 8
48 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Barb said transition. That doesn't mean hand over Jace with his suitcase to Jenelle and she wipes her hands clean of him.

And Jenelle has never done anything to try and ease into any sort of transition. She won't move near Jace and his school. She won't provide a safe home where they can get to know each other without a dude lurking around the corner. And she won't even CONSIDER the fact that after 8 years, no matter how great Jenelle's life may end up (ha!), it would just be too traumatizing to move the kid from the only mother he's ever known. 

• Love 19
Just now, ghoulina said:

And Jenelle has never done anything to try and ease into any sort of transition. She won't move near Jace and his school. She won't provide a safe home where they can get to know each other without a dude lurking around the corner. And she won't even CONSIDER the fact that after 8 years, no matter how great Jenelle's life may end up (ha!), it would just be too traumatizing to move the kid from the only mother he's ever known. 

No, it's basically, I gave birth to him, therefore I should have total control over what happens to him, at my own convenience and contingent upon my ever changing whims. She does not give a fuck about what's best for Jace, only that she wants to be the one in control. She could have had him back years ago were she willing to follow through with anything and stay out of trouble.

• Love 17
5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I think Jenelle only took action to "get Jace back" because UBT told her to. It seemed like she was pretty happy with the arrangement she and Barb had for Jace's entire life before then. Because of her narcissism and concern about how she looks (as well as a healthy dose of teenage "Fuck you, Mom!"), she didn't want to place Jace for adoption when he was born or even later when it was probably more clear to her that she wasn't interested in parenting. She gave Barb custody of Jace because it was the easiest route for her to take. She was NEVER particularly attached to Jace and she has never actually missed him or regretted what she's missed out on by not parenting him. She has had two more children since Jace and she has not shown any sign of cherishing them any more, except for maybe valuing Ensley as a symbol of how great her relationship with UBT is (misshapen head and all).

5 hours ago, Tatum said:

No, it's basically, I gave birth to him, therefore I should have total control over what happens to him, at my own convenience and contingent upon my ever changing whims. She does not give a fuck about what's best for Jace, only that she wants to be the one in control. She could have had him back years ago were she willing to follow through with anything and stay out of trouble.

Yes. Jenelle could have VERY EASILY 1) never lost custody of Jace in the first place or 2) regained custody of him with minimal effort. If she had just showed up for the court date seeming relatively sober and claiming to want to be a good mom, Barb's only case to take custody away would have been her own statement that Jenelle went out partying all the time leaving Barb to care for the baby. It's highly unlikely that that would make a judge take custody away from the child's biomom. At worst, Jenelle probably would have been mandated to go to parenting classes and have extremely minimal supervision from CPS. She chose to give Jace up because she couldn't be bothered to do that little.

In the ensuing years, if she had petitioned the court to give her custody, she would have had a court-ordered reunification plan (not controlled by Barb) and once she met the court's criteria, she would get custody. She couldn't be bothered to do that either. She waited until it was basically too late and had a number of strikes against her besides that. The biggest strike was actually probably not what a train wreck she is; it was probably the fact that she has never made any serious attempt to parent Jace. She's never gone to school conferences, doctors' appointments, or ball games. She's never seen him regularly on even a weekly basis. Etc., etc., etc.

• Love 19
On 9/26/2017 at 6:11 PM, mamadrama said:

I would like to point out that the place Chelsea took the family to isn't really a zoo or an "aquarium" in the style of SeaWorld. It is a rescue and rehabilitation place for injured and sick animals. While they DO keep some, those unable to adapt back in the wild, their main goal is to treat and release.

I have worked with them in the past as part of the sea turtle rehab on Jekyll Island. 

I agree with Mamadrama. These kind of places actually do good work. 

I just got back from our beach house in St. Augustine on Vilano Beach. After five weeks!  I happened to be there when my 80-yr old mother got evacuated from our house in Key Largo for Irma and stayed while we had to complete repairs (thankfully fairly minor).

We're very familiar/volunteer with the sea turtle etc. conservation/rescue groups in both places. It sucks. There were at least 8 nests within 1/4 mile of our house before Irma that got wiped out. Dolphins Plus in the Keys is right by our house and their main focus is rescue and rehabilitation but they do the typical "tourist" attractions/camps for education and funding. No clue how they fared. We were lucky - our house is apparently 100% OK. But my mother just got back there today and apparently it's pretty devastating down there.

More TM related - Jenelle is still a narcissistic sociopath, Kailyn is still just a terrible narcissistic human being, Leah is still stupid - and why do we have to watch Brianna?

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

I agree with Mamadrama. These kind of places actually do good work. 

I just got back from our beach house in St. Augustine on Vilano Beach. After five weeks!  I happened to be there when my 80-yr old mother got evacuated from our house in Key Largo for Irma and stayed while we had to complete repairs (thankfully fairly minor).

We're very familiar/volunteer with the sea turtle etc. conservation/rescue groups in both places. It sucks. There were at least 8 nests within 1/4 mile of our house before Irma that got wiped out. Dolphins Plus in the Keys is right by our house and their main focus is rescue and rehabilitation but they do the typical "tourist" attractions/camps for education and funding. No clue how they fared. We were lucky - our house is apparently 100% OK. But my mother just got back there today and apparently it's pretty devastating down there.

More TM related - Jenelle is still a narcissistic sociopath, Kailyn is still just a terrible narcissistic human being, Leah is still stupid - and why do we have to watch Brianna?

Glad to hear your house is okay! Ours on St Simon's got hit really hard during Matthew last year. We are still fighting insurance. 

• Love 1

Hi neighbor! I know we're pretty far apart - but I've always considered St Simon's and Jekyll sister locations.

Ugh. Insurance. I've heard some nightmare stories from friends with far worse problems than us after Matthew.

We're on a pretty good section of the beach. Less than 1/8 mile north was a nightmare after Matthew (I have pictures - foundations totally exposed). It actually fared better this time than the news said. A lot of seawalls went up in the meantime.

We're about two miles south from the now infamous house that fell into the ocean in South Ponte Vedra. The one they kept playing on the news and was even on the front page of the Washington Post. See previous Matthew issues.

My mother actually has two beach houses on Vilano about six houses apart. We were about the same after Matthew and Irma. Cost about $4K for both each time so didn't go through insurance (also have longtime very reasonable contractor). I'm just shocked the Key Largo house came out unscathed (it's new, concrete block - old house knocked down and the GC convinced my mother to pay to build up the foundation - thanks!).

Sorry to Moderator for being off topic! Won't do it again. Jenelle's a bitch! Kailyn's a cunt!

• Love 2
11 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I didn't say any of that. I wasn't talking about what LUIS would think. I was simply agreeing with the poster who said that The Coven intentionally pick shitty dudes so they have an excuse for sitting around and bitching about how horrible their situation was. IF Luid got his shit together (not saying he will, and I agree he should do it for his daughter's sake), their heads would explode. 

Their heads would explode and Stella would benefit. With people like Brittany and Roxanne showing is better than telling. If he were just kinda letting the comments roll off his back and quietly supporting his daughter, I think they'd have a lot less to say about it. 

• Love 6

In the very beginning when Jenelle first signed over custody, barb tried to help Jenelle get on the right track by letting her live with her rent free, and getting her signed up for school. All she asked is that Jenelle watch jace while she was st work. Remember Jenelle would bitch about "babysitting" jace??!! So barb had to pay for and bring jace to daycare while lazy ass did nothing all day. Barb gave her every opportunity to turn things around and get custody back! 

Lets not forget Jenelle became a drug addict! She was a HEROIN addict for Christ sake and that wasn't even that long ago! 

She to this day is still not "clean". She is a chronic pot smoker. Now I don't think there is really anything wrong with smoking pot (I don't and wouldn't, I dont drink either) but I treat it the same way as mothers having a glass or two of wine after the kids are in bed. Jenelle smokes constantly even while pregnant. 

None of this is barb stringing Jenelle along. Even if it wasn't said it's implied that you cannot regain custody if you are a chronic drug user!!! Duh! 

Now there is one last thing to consider, which is that jace is old enough to have an opinion, he does not want to be with Jenelle. He seems to dread his weekends with her. 

Barn has given Jenelle more than enough chances to regain custody.  It's Jenelle who screened herself, not barb. 

Edited by KittyKat133
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, KittyKat133 said:

In the very beginning when Jenelle first signed over custody, barb tried to help Jenelle get on the right track by letting her live with her rent free, and getting her signed up for school. All she asked is that Jenelle watch jace while she was st work. Remember Jenelle would bitch about "babysitting" jace??!! So barb had to pay for and bring jace to daycare while lazy ass did nothing all day. Barb gave her every opportunity to turn things around and get custody back! 

Yes. When Jenelle signed over custody of Jace she was still living in Barb's home (rent free), eating her food, watching her cable, bathing herself with water Barb paid for. Barb asked could she watch Jace for a few hours while Barb worked (Jenelle refused). Barb only asked Jenelle to leave her home when she got involved with heavy drugs- not even when she stole her credit card to go on a joy ride with  Keiffer. Jenelle had more than ample opportunity and support to become a decent parent to Jace, she had no interest what so ever. He's an accessory to her. 

• Love 14
On 9/29/2017 at 10:43 AM, Tatum said:

I guess I just can't see how Jenelle was "strung along" in any capacity. There was never a time in Jace's lifetime that Jenelle demonstrated a consistent model of behavior conducive to raising a child. This is someone who has rarely held a job (I think her last job was a restaurant in what, 2011?), has made no attempt to use her certification to get a job, has repeatedly dated and lived with violent men, has been arrested so many times people were able to make a calendar of her mugshots and have a few spares pics left over- what person in their right mind would hand a child over to someone like that?

At the end of the day, I have never (and totally concede this is only my own opinion) believed Jenelle has any love for any of her kids, or wants them for any other reason than what they can give to her (ties to their father, a weapon against Barb, etc). Jenelle said during one of her meetings with a custody lawyer that she wanted Jace and to make sure Barb could only see him when Jenelle said she could. It was always about control and vindictiveness for Jenelle. I have never noticed one second of actual love from her for any of these kids.

To be fair, filming for MTV has always been her job, so she's actually had a job for almost her whole adult life! She is gonna have to figure out another way to make money once this is all over, though, whether that be through nursing, making appearances, writing another book or whatever it is. Last I checked, in the adult world, you can make money however you wanna make it, so long as it's legal. I don't worry about Jenelle's ability to MAKE money, but I do think she WASTES a lot of money on men and the like. Which she may not be able to do once this is over. 

I'm not sure what custody of Jace is about for Jenelle, but agreed that it's about something other than Jace, himself. I think it was initially Nathan's influence, he's the one who kept really pushing for it and I wouldn't be surprised if that was bc some of Jenelle's monthly income gets cut and goes directly to Babs, for child support. And Jenelle was Nathan's bank. And I think it might be somewhat about money for Jenelle, too, and probably for David, too (Jenelle's his bank, now) but mostly, I think it's about pride for her. Pride and ego and honestly, viewers. "hey, i got him back, so now, you have nothing to bash me about!" And her way of telling Babs to go fuck herself. 

But it's never been about Jace. If there was ever any doubt about that, all you have to do is watch the scene where Babs said Jace is scared to David and Jenelle snapped, "Well, Jace is gonna have to deal with it bc David is here to stay!" There's the real Jenelle coming through, right there, MEN have always been her #1 priority and always will be. 

• Love 12
22 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Who strung who around regarding Jace? 

"I can't pick up Jace. Can you drop him off?"

"I'm too tired, dude." 

"I'm going on vacation. I can't see Jace. What don't you understand?"

"Me and Nathan won't be home. I will see Jace next week." 

"I'm pregnant. I can't deal with Jace right now." 

"Can you drop Jace off here? No? I can't pick him up!!" 

"I need you to meet me closer so I can pick up Jace." 

"I'm busy with school and stuff. I don't have time to pick up Jace." 

"I'm getting an abortion because it wouldn't be fair to Jace to bring another baby in my life if I haven't bothered to get custody of him yet." Two months later..."Me and Nathan are going to have a baby." 

"I can't watch Jace because we have plans!" 

"I can't go to his school meeting." 

"I'm not feeling good. I can't pick up Jace." 

"I just won't pick him up!!"

"Once I graduate, I will get a job and then I will have Jace more often." Jenelle gets every disease in the world, never looks for a job, focuses on her new love, David and gets pregnant. 

Who ignored Barb's pleas to put Jace's popcorn contest information on her social media page? 

Who showed up for Jace's school events? 

Who took Jace to France?

Who made Jace his costumes and helped him with his homework?

In between all those times Jenelle was avoiding having Jace for visitation, you have a girl who was constantly being arrested for various charges including possession of heroin, intent to distribute heroin, domestic violence, assault and battery on various individuals, breaking and entering, under the influence of various drugs including marijuana, opiates, violation of probation, communication of threats, cyber-stalking, breach of peace, driving without a license, and this doesn't include the altercations and other crimes where police were never called. 

Jenelle's motives for wanting Jace only took place when she was in a relationship. Never did she seek visitation or custody during the few times she was a single person. She had to be forced, pushed, ordered, manipulated, and coerced into seeking any sort of custody of Jace by her partners. A true parent seeking visitation or custody wouldn't do it at the behest of a controlling partner. 

very true and, i remember, when nathan first started pushing for it and jenelle set up a meeting w/an attorney to discuss it, but on the day she was supposed to go, she and nathan got in a fight and nathan refused to go with her and then, as a result, JENELLE didn't want to go and made some excuse about, "why should i even try to get custody if he's just gonna be in an unstable environment?" LOL please Jenelle, we all know what this is REALLY about. 

• Love 13

Yes, "...he's just going to have to get used to it". Clearly admitting Jace is afraid of David. But no response like...I don't know why. Well we should probably work on this. Just suck it up because we don't care and this is how we live!

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

To be fair, filming for MTV has always been her job, so she's actually had a job for almost her whole adult life! She is gonna have to figure out another way to make money once this is all over, though, whether that be through nursing, making appearances, writing another book or whatever it is. Last I checked, in the adult world, you can make money however you wanna make it, so long as it's legal. I don't worry about Jenelle's ability to MAKE money, but I do think she WASTES a lot of money on men and the like. Which she may not be able to do once this is over. 

I'm not sure what custody of Jace is about for Jenelle, but agreed that it's about something other than Jace, himself. I think it was initially Nathan's influence, he's the one who kept really pushing for it and I wouldn't be surprised if that was bc some of Jenelle's monthly income gets cut and goes directly to Babs, for child support. And Jenelle was Nathan's bank. And I think it might be somewhat about money for Jenelle, too, and probably for David, too (Jenelle's his bank, now) but mostly, I think it's about pride for her. Pride and ego and honestly, viewers. "hey, i got him back, so now, you have nothing to bash me about!" And her way of telling Babs to go fuck herself. 

But it's never been about Jace. If there was ever any doubt about that, all you have to do is watch the scene where Babs said Jace is scared to David and Jenelle snapped, "Well, Jace is gonna have to deal with it bc David is here to stay!" There's the real Jenelle coming through, right there, MEN have always been her #1 priority and always will be. 

Barb asked Jenelle to finish school and get a job so she would be able to live after MTV is gone. I don't think she has the ability to make much money. She has no marketable skills and i don't think she would be in demand for personal appearances for more than a month. Her book is tanking and she doesn't have anything else to write about unless she'd go into fiction, as the book she 'wrote' should be categorized. She took the certification for what she studied at the diploma mill two times and failed both times. Even if she'd passed and been a certified MA, with her record, no one would hire her. She's used to spending money like it's water and has nothing to fall back on when it's gone. UBT was supposedly a welder when she met him, maybe he could get a job and make enough to cover monthly expenses. She's still a spoiled 16 year old emotionally and is clueless to how the real world works. When MTV pulls the plug, she's going to learn very quickly that you can't scream your way through life, blaming all of the problems you created on someone else and make 6 figures. When her world implodes, I'm going to sitting with a big bowl of popcorn enjoying every minute.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

very true and, i remember, when nathan first started pushing for it and jenelle set up a meeting w/an attorney to discuss it, but on the day she was supposed to go, she and nathan got in a fight and nathan refused to go with her and then, as a result, JENELLE didn't want to go and made some excuse about, "why should i even try to get custody if he's just gonna be in an unstable environment?" LOL please Jenelle, we all know what this is REALLY about. 

OMG that's right!  She gets into a fight with Nathan and suddenly, she could care less about keeping an appointment that pertains to the son she supposedly loves. Oh, but it is all Barb's fault because she wasn't specific enough with what was required of Jenelle so, it doesn't matter. Let's blame Barb instead of putting the blame squarely on that puta. 

That attorney told Jenelle that it would be a challenge to get custody due to Jenelle's history and current issues, but that she could try for visitation. 

My computer is letting me know it doesn't recognize the word "puta". I decided to add it to the dictionary. These heifers will make me use it a lot. 

• Love 14
6 hours ago, Bblack3 said:

Yes, "...he's just going to have to get used to it". Clearly admitting Jace is afraid of David. But no response like...I don't know why. Well we should probably work on this. Just suck it up because we don't care and this is how we live!

That scene proved that she knows he's scared and she knows why. She blames everything on Barb that she possibly can and she didn't even try to blame Barb for making it up or for brainwashing Jace.

• Love 12
On 9/29/2017 at 8:01 AM, TeeMo said:

The easiest thing Jenelle could have done to prove she was serious about "getting Jace back" or even just being regularly involved in his life would have been to set up her residence close to Barb (and thus Jace) but she could not even manage to do that. She had no need to move away - she wasn't moving for a job or for school, she always moves to chase the latest man she's invited to her bed.

Good point.  Compare Janelle's actions to Jo's and its easy to see which one is serious about wanting to be a part of their child's life.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, mscav said:

That scene proved that she knows he's scared and she knows why. She blames everything on Barb that she possibly can and she didn't even try to blame Barb for making it up or for brainwashing Jace.

Jenelle even blamed Barb for Doris filing for custody.

• Love 12
On 9/28/2017 at 5:33 PM, GreatKazu said:

Barb wasn't drunk driving. Where did that come from?

I didn't say Barb was drunk driving.  I was making the point that to me, the term "stable home" includes things that happen outside the physical perimeter of the house, to point out that incidents where the cops are called and Jace witnesses it are harmful to him even if they happened somewhere other than at Barb's house.  And besides, there were plenty of terrible fights in Barb's house that Jace witnessed. 

On 9/28/2017 at 7:50 PM, lovesnark said:

Also, there had been visitation off and on since Jace was what? About 4? A judge would have taken that into consideration, too. If Barb had never let Jenelle see Jace unless it was in Barb's home or out in public together, there would have been more of a chance of Jenelle not getting visitation. Her seeing Jace in her own home for a few years, however sporadic, established a pattern.

Well, I've said all along that Barb was making a mistake by letting Jace be around Jenelle at all, as long as Jenelle was continuing to behave in a manner that Barb disapproved of.  But she didn't want to lose contact with Jenelle, which I understand (or I understand from a mother-daughter perspective, not from a Jenelle-specific perspective, for obvious reasons).  But if what you're saying is true, then it came back to bite her in the ass.  Maybe it's that no good deed goes unpunished, but I just don't think that letting Jace be around Jenelle was good for Jace.

On 9/29/2017 at 10:05 AM, GreatKazu said:

Who took Jace to France?

This is something I've been curious about.  I don't think we saw the trip to France on the show, but it's been discussed here enough that I knew it happened.  There were negative comments about Jenelle taking Jace to St. Thomas, but it seems to me that a kid his age would much rather go to a beach, or even to a local water park, than to France.

2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

This is something I've been curious about.  I don't think we saw the trip to France on the show, but it's been discussed here enough that I knew it happened.  There were negative comments about Jenelle taking Jace to St. Thomas, but it seems to me that a kid his age would much rather go to a beach, or even to a local water park, than to France.

Depends on the kid, I guess. We've been taking our little ones to Europe (France, England, Austria, Croatia) since they were born and they love it. They'd rather go to Paris than Disneyworld. There are, after all, kid-friendly attractions in those places. We just do things the local parents do with their kids and pepper in some of the sites on top.

• Love 13
12 hours ago, lovesnark said:

Barb asked Jenelle to finish school and get a job so she would be able to live after MTV is gone. I don't think she has the ability to make much money. She has no marketable skills and i don't think she would be in demand for personal appearances for more than a month. Her book is tanking and she doesn't have anything else to write about unless she'd go into fiction, as the book she 'wrote' should be categorized. She took the certification for what she studied at the diploma mill two times and failed both times. Even if she'd passed and been a certified MA, with her record, no one would hire her. She's used to spending money like it's water and has nothing to fall back on when it's gone. UBT was supposedly a welder when she met him, maybe he could get a job and make enough to cover monthly expenses. She's still a spoiled 16 year old emotionally and is clueless to how the real world works. When MTV pulls the plug, she's going to learn very quickly that you can't scream your way through life, blaming all of the problems you created on someone else and make 6 figures. When her world implodes, I'm going to sitting with a big bowl of popcorn enjoying every minute.

it will be interesting to see what happens to all of the girls from the Teen Mom franchise once this is all over. You know how they say something like 70% of NBA and NFL players end up going broke within 5 years after retirement? or something like that. Well, I wouldn't be surprised if that's also the case for people who got into showbiz at a young age and, for a limited window of time, made a lot of money, but were reckless about spending it. 

I think Farrah will likely be fine, in that department, I can't see her going broke. She's the most ambitious of all the girls and has made the most money. She may even be able to maintain the lavish lifestyle she currently enjoys. Chelsea will also be fine, either way, b/c she comes from a fairly well-off family. Kail and Maci will both be ok, they may have to cut back some, but Maci and Taylor have done pretty well w/their company and although I can't stand Kail, she is a survivor and she knows how to hustle, she will do what she has to do to make ends meet, including getting a "real" job. Jenelle, you may be right about. I don't see Leah, Catelynn or Amber doing too well, either. 

These are just predictions, of course, let's remember this post in a few years, or whenever this is all over lol. 

• Love 10
37 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

it will be interesting to see what happens to all of the girls from the Teen Mom franchise once this is all over. You know how they say something like 70% of NBA and NFL players end up going broke within 5 years after retirement? or something like that. Well, I wouldn't be surprised if that's also the case for people who got into showbiz at a young age and, for a limited window of time, made a lot of money, but were reckless about spending it. 

I think Farrah will likely be fine, in that department, I can't see her going broke. She's the most ambitious of all the girls and has made the most money. She may even be able to maintain the lavish lifestyle she currently enjoys. Chelsea will also be fine, either way, b/c she comes from a fairly well-off family. Kail and Maci will both be ok, they may have to cut back some, but Maci and Taylor have done pretty well w/their company and although I can't stand Kail, she is a survivor and she knows how to hustle, she will do what she has to do to make ends meet, including getting a "real" job. Jenelle, you may be right about. I don't see Leah, Catelynn or Amber doing too well, either. 

These are just predictions, of course, let's remember this post in a few years, or whenever this is all over lol. 

They ALL should've done what Gary did and buy up cheap properties, put a tiny bit of work into them and rent Them! 

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, KittyKat133 said:

They ALL should've done what Gary did and buy up cheap properties, put a tiny bit of work into them and rent Them! 

Yes! The money that has passed through their hands could have set them all up for life. When they're in their 40's, they're all (except Chelsea-I don't watch the originals so am only talking TM2) going to kick themselves for not thinking of the future. Except Jenelle. She'll blame being broke, on welfare with 7 kids and driving a 20 year old minivan on Barb.

• Love 6

I'm really curious to how Leah will end up when all this is over. She's made some bad financial choices (not getting any relevant schooling/job training, doesn't seem to have invested her money, at one point was spending a lot on pillses and other frivolous crap) but she has been getting a bit better recently (bought a modest house, doesn't seem to be spending as much on luxury items). She really teeters on the edge for me as one of the momses that will either sink or swim, depending on what choices she makes. I could almost see her being okay, if she would just get a game plan set up and actually follow through with it she might be okay. A plan being an actual real source of non TM2 income, not her pyramid schemes. Really, her biggest hope at this point would be to find another dude with a decent job, since she is allergic to real work.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, HeySandyStrange said:

I'm really curious to how Leah will end up when all this is over. She's made some bad financial choices (not getting any relevant schooling/job training, doesn't seem to have invested her money, at one point was spending a lot on pillses and other frivolous crap) but she has been getting a bit better recently (bought a modest house, doesn't seem to be spending as much on luxury items). She really teeters on the edge for me as one of the momses that will either sink or swim, depending on what choices she makes. I could almost see her being okay, if she would just get a game plan set up and actually follow through with it she might be okay. A plan being an actual real source of non TM2 income, not her pyramid schemes. Really, her biggest hope at this point would be to find another dude with a decent job, since she is allergic to real work.

I think that's highly unlikely at this point. She really lucked out with Corey and Jeremy (as far as earning potential goes) and didn't appreciate their industrious nature. Any guy in WV with that type of personality isn't going to be interested in a divorced twice mom of three (one kid with a chronic condition) who brings NOTHING to the table. WV still has pretty young women with no kids who wouldn't mind keeping a regular job and would be faithful to their husbands. I don't think Leah should marry again any time soon. I think she should invest her money in some rental properties or something where the money can work for her (have it managed by someone else) and set up a budget for herself. She needs something to occupy her mind, she loved cheerleading- why not work with a cheer team (not too many hours, helping young people etc)?

Not to say she cannot date or have a companion, or "gentleman friend", but she doesn't need to move him in OR become finically dependent on him. She's still too much of a mess. 

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, HeySandyStrange said:

If this show sputters for another season and Leah would listen to someone about her financial future, she could take her MTV paycheck and buy several rental properties on the cheap. Property is really cheap where she lives and she could buy up some parcels with manufactured homes on them and have rental income for the rest of her life.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, HeySandyStrange said:

Oh I think Leah will end up broke, for almost sure. She's always had a huge spending problem, even before the pills thing or whatever it was, she had spending issues, i remember it as far back as her first Christmas with Corey. I think one of the biggest things that drove Corey out of the marriage is all of the instability that is Leah - always wanting to change homes, change cars, get new this, get new that...Corey likes consistency and stability. 

And she's a smart girl, so she's able to spin things in such a way that make it seem like what she wants to buy or do is the only reasonable thing to do and anyone not on board is simply selfish. like when she wanted to buy a new trailer with corey, and have him sell his truck as a way to come up w/the money, she kept saying how the girls were getting too big to be bathed in the sink, etc. and how corey needs to put ally and aleah first, not his truck, etc. 

Not to mention, she can be very messy, lazy, nagging about what she wants, etc. 

I wonder if she and Corey would still be together if it weren't for the show. B/c remember, Corey found out she cheated bc Robbie sold her out to the tabloids - if she wasn't on the show, the tabloids never woulda been interested in that story. I sometimes wonder if Corey woulda been miserable but tried to stick it out or work through it. or, maybe they woulda eventually divorced, anyway, just not as soon as they did. 

And yes, I'm sure she'll have no trouble finding another dude with a good job, it's keeping him that i think might prove difficult for her. 

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 5
  • 44 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think that's highly unlikely at this point. She really lucked out with Corey and Jeremy (as far as earning potential goes) and didn't appreciate their industrious nature. Any guy in WV with that type of personality isn't going to be interested in a divorced twice mom of three (one kid with a chronic condition) who brings NOTHING to the table. WV still has pretty young women with no kids who wouldn't mind keeping a regular job and would be faithful to their husbands. I don't think Leah should marry again any time soon. I think she should invest her money in some rental properties or something where the money can work for her (have it managed by someone else) and set up a budget for herself. She needs something to occupy her mind, she loved cheerleading- why not work with a cheer team (not too many hours, helping young people etc)?

Not to say she cannot date or have a companion, or "gentleman friend", but she doesn't need to move him in OR become finically dependent on him. She's still too much of a mess. 

I agree entirely with this. The only reason I put her getting married out their again is because that seems to be the only thing she can do for any period of time (though not very well, obviously). If her neck of the woods wasn't the backwoods redneck nightmare 1950's place it is, I'd be pulling and hoping for her to use her money and resources to set herself up and go back to school with a realistic and feasible career goal in mind. I've also hoped that Leah would wise up and go to a trade or tech and stick with an obtainable degree/diploma, but she hasn't gotten even that far yet. It's sad, I know Leah isn't very bright but there are some reasonable solutions just within her grasp, she is just too naïve and impractical to realize it.

If this show sputters for another season and Leah would listen to someone about her financial future, she could take her MTV paycheck and buy several rental properties on the cheap. Property is really cheap where she lives and she could buy up some parcels with manufactured homes on them and have rental income for the rest of her life.

That would be a great idea, but Leah has so little common sense and fortitude I don't know that she could even keep up with rental properties by herself. Maybe if she had a more stable partner, but it seems like there is no one like that in her close circle of friends and relatives. If she was still in cahoots with the Sims or Calverts, there might have been someone in those families who could've fit the bill, but she screwed that up to hell. Her hillbilly relations are no help.

Oh I think Leah will end up broke, for almost sure. She's always had a huge spending problem, even before the pills thing or whatever it was, she had spending issues, i remember it as far back as her first Christmas with Corey. I think one of the biggest things that drove Corey out of the marriage is all of the instability that is Leah - always wanting to change homes, change cars, get new this, get new that...Corey likes consistency and stability. 

Like I said, she did seem to calm down a little on her spending from the early days, but I agree that it doesn't appear that she has really wised up that much that I believe she is saving/investing her money. I just hope she has bought her house and cars outright, otherwise she will be struggling to pay for all that with probably no savings and no real earning potential. What is really scary is that she (and Jenelle) have no real work history at 25+ years old. She is in for a rude awakening when the show is done and she will be lucky to get the most entry level, minimum wage job available.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SheTalksShit said:

I wonder if she and Corey would still be together if it weren't for the show. B/c remember, Corey found out she cheated bc Robbie sold her out to the tabloids - if she wasn't on the show, the tabloids never woulda been interested in that story. I sometimes wonder if Corey woulda been miserable but tried to stick it out or work through it. or, maybe they woulda eventually divorced, anyway, just not as soon as they did. 

Maybe they wouldn't have divorced as soon, but Robbie was eventually going to tell someone (their community is too small) and Corey would've found out and ended things.

IMO Leah was a bad wife- I'm not talking just about the cheating. Leah was a bad PARTNER, she wanted the men in the relationship to do almost everything and she felt because she had a vagina that was enough. She didn't pull her weight home management wise, money management wise, it was always "more, more, more". You'd think she'd signed up to be the kept woman of a rich man rather than a wife (even SAHM) of a hard working guy from WV. 

Now if it weren't for the show I don't think she would've ended up with Jeremy at all (he found her on Facebook etc). But she and Corey were doomed from the start because he was nothing more than a rebound lay to her, and he fell in love. She resent being pregnant, Ali's MD, his reign on her spending, she only wanted him when it was convenient for her (hence the cheating when he was married to Miranda- which is Corey's fault of course). 

Leah stay out of intense relationships with guys! Not saying you have to be a nun but stop looking for a guy to fix your life. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, HeySandyStrange said:

I agree entirely with this. The only reason I put her getting married out their again is because that seems to be the only thing she can do for any period of time (though not very well, obviously). If her neck of the woods wasn't the backwoods redneck nightmare 1950's place it is, I'd be pulling and hoping for her to use her money and resources to set herself up and go back to school with a realistic and feasible career goal in mind. I've also hoped that Leah would wise up and go to a trade or tech and stick with an obtainable degree/diploma, but she hasn't gotten even that far yet. It's sad, I know Leah isn't very bright but there are some reasonable solutions just within her grasp, she is just too naïve and impractical to realize it.

That would be a great idea, but Leah has so little common sense and fortitude I don't know that she could even keep up with rental properties by herself. Maybe if she had a more stable partner, but it seems like there is no one like that in her close circle of friends and relatives. If she was still in cahoots with the Sims or Calverts, there might have been someone in those families who could've fit the bill, but she screwed that up to hell. Her hillbilly relations are no help.

Like I said, she did seem to calm down a little on her spending from the early days, but I agree that it doesn't appear that she has really wised up that much that I believe she is saving/investing her money. I just hope she has bought her house and cars outright, otherwise she will be struggling to pay for all that with probably no savings and no real earning potential. What is really scary is that she (and Jenelle) have no real work history at 25+ years old. She is in for a rude awakening when the show is done and she will be lucky to get the most entry level, minimum wage job available.

I think Leah is a smart girl, but not common-sense smart, not life-smart. She is smart, tho. Like her understanding of Ali's condition and the how the disease works, why it works the way it does, the genetics behind it, etc. and is able to articulate it, indicates intelligence. Corey couldn't do that. Corey understands that she has a condition that makes it harder for her to do things, physically, but what he doesn't seem to understand is why the wheelchair is so important, whereas Leah grasps that. Her condition is such that her muscles will get weaker after around age 7ish, not stronger, so the less energy she uses, the better, so she'll be able to walk and do other things, when she needs to, as long as she can. In other words, Leah seems to understand that this disease is going to get WORSE, not better, so there's no, "oh, I don't want her to depend on a wheelchair, I think if she just walks enough, eventually, she won't need the wheelchair." no, Corey, that's not how this disease works. They used to fight about it, I remember, b/c it seemed like Corey didn't accept what Leah was trying to tell him, like he thought it was just Leah's negative attitude, or something. 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, HeySandyStrange said:

I think Lee might help, if she asked.  Even if he and Dawn aren't together.  I'm sure he would help with advice or at least help find someone with more information about properties or even just financial planning.  Not that it matters.  Leah won't ask and if she did, she wouldn't listen.  

• Love 2

I think Leah is a smart girl, but not common-sense smart, not life-smart. She is smart, tho. Like her understanding of Ali's condition and the how the disease works, why it works the way it does, the genetics behind it, etc. and is able to articulate it, indicates intelligence. Corey couldn't do that. Corey understands that she has a condition that makes it harder for her to do things, physically, but what he doesn't seem to understand is why the wheelchair is so important, whereas Leah grasps that. Her condition is such that her muscles will get weaker after around age 7ish, not stronger, so the less energy she uses, the better, so she'll be able to walk and do other things, when she needs to, as long as she can. In other words, Leah seems to understand that this disease is going to get WORSE, not better, so there's no, "oh, I don't want her to depend on a wheelchair, I think if she just walks enough, eventually, she won't need the wheelchair." no, Corey, that's not how this disease works. They used to fight about it, I remember, b/c it seemed like Corey didn't accept what Leah was trying to tell him, like he thought it was just Leah's negative attitude, or something. 

I definitely don't personally think Leah is smart but Corey has never struck me as bright either. I don't know, though, if in that particular case it was him not understanding or just stubbornness about the disorder. Miranda seems pretty smart, so I think she's helped him along, hopefully.

What always struck me about that was their inability to do basic research. You can pretty easily find all of this out with Dr. Google. Neither of them ever seemed to put "muscular dystrophy" into a search engine, which really doesn't seem very hard.

Same thing with Leah's work and school issues. If she had wanted the college thing to pan out, you'd think she'd have typed "colleges within ten miles" to Google instead of signing up for school and then going, "ohhhh wait, it's an hour away and that's, like, hard" after a few weeks of classes. Or when Jeremy types his rants on Instagram and folks make fun of his spelling and grammar, you'd think he might...Google it and use spellcheck? I don't even need these people to read. Literally just use Google!!!

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 7

Cory was optimistic about his daughter being able to walk down the aisle at her wedding while Leah worried that Ali may not even live to get married.  Today, they both share the same attitude. 

Leah may have felt the need for the chair, but her actions sure don't show it. She was very lackluster then, and now, about Ali using that chair. What started out as a novelty, the use of that chair quickly diminished. Leah allowed her kids to use it as a toy which resulted in it breaking. That chair seemed to become a nuisance to Leah. The chair was left at Ali's school for the entire week. To this day, that is where it remains for the most part.  Three years ago Dr. Tsao made it very clear Ali needed the chair all the time, not just at school.  That chair sat broken for three months. That is three months Ali didn't have use of that chair. To this day, we see both Leah and Cory putting Ali in sports. Ali is shown walking all over at Leah's home indoors and out. She is also not wearing the helmet she was ordered to wear every single time she was not in her chair. The helmet is to protect her from head injuries due to her falling down constantly, a problem Leah brought to Dr. Tsao's attention three seasons ago.  Both Leah and Cory are not seeing the bigger picture and they are both putting Ali at risk. 

Edited by GreatKazu
forgot to finish my damn sentence
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Maybe they wouldn't have divorced as soon, but Robbie was eventually going to tell someone (their community is too small) and Corey would've found out and ended things.

IMO Leah was a bad wife- I'm not talking just about the cheating. Leah was a bad PARTNER, she wanted the men in the relationship to do almost everything and she felt because she had a vagina that was enough. She didn't pull her weight home management wise, money management wise, it was always "more, more, more". You'd think she'd signed up to be the kept woman of a rich man rather than a wife (even SAHM) of a hard working guy from WV. 

Now if it weren't for the show I don't think she would've ended up with Jeremy at all (he found her on Facebook etc). But she and Corey were doomed from the start because he was nothing more than a rebound lay to her, and he fell in love. She resent being pregnant, Ali's MD, his reign on her spending, she only wanted him when it was convenient for her (hence the cheating when he was married to Miranda- which is Corey's fault of course). 

Leah stay out of intense relationships with guys! Not saying you have to be a nun but stop looking for a guy to fix you life. 

What's SAHM? Agreed that she is a bad partner, period and it's not even about the cheating, she just doesn't pull her weight. 100% on point. B/c if it was just the cheating, I think he woulda stayed, ppl do it all the time. I think, by the end, he wanted a reason to get out of the marriage bc of all the other stuff, the cheating was just the straw that broke the camels back. I think the same thing happened w/Jeremy, tbh, yes, he caught her cheating, but I think he'd wanted out for a long time before that. 

I wonder what ever happened to TR Dues, I know she was w/him after Jeremy for a minute. Not sure when they broke up. But I wonder if he, too, felt the same way. 

• Love 1

@SheTalksShit- SAHM stands for Stay at Home Mom. 

TR Dues was probably just a booty call she thought would go deeper and never did. I don't understand why she moved him into her home?!! This girl doesn't know how to just BE for five minutes. Again, I'm not saying she cannot socialize or have sex or anything but every man you meet isn't your soul mate or provider. 

I think Corey was truly in love with her and wanted to give 100 chances for them to make it work. Leah just never wanted HIM at all and it probably showed in their daily interactions. That can wear on a person's self esteem. After the second Robbie cheating scandal came to light Corey decided he wasn't going to be made a fool of any more and Leah had no intention of ever being a partner to him. 

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Cory was optimistic about his daughter being able to walk down the aisle at her wedding while Leah worried that Ali may not even live to get married.  Today, they both share the same attitude. 

Leah may have felt the need for the chair, but her actions sure don't show it. She was very lackluster then, and now, about Ali using that chair. What started out as a novelty, the use of that chair quickly diminished. Leah allowed her kids to use it as a toy which resulted in it breaking. That chair seemed to become a nuisance to Leah. The chair was left at Ali's school for the entire week. To this day, that is where it remains for the most part.  Three years ago Dr. Tsao made it very clear Ali needed the chair all the time, not just at school.  That chair sat broken for three months. That is three months Ali didn't have use of that chair. To this day, we see both Leah and Cory putting Ali in sports. Ali is shown walking all over at Leah's home indoors and out. She is also not wearing the helmet she was ordered to wear every single time she was not in her chair. The helmet is to protect her from head injuries due to her falling down constantly, a problem Leah brought to Dr. Tsao's attention three seasons ago.  Both Leah and Cory are not seeing the bigger picture and they are both putting Ali at risk. 

No, you're right, but I do sorta get it, b/c at some point, it's quality of life, too. Like you also want Ali to be able to enjoy herself sometimes, not constantly force her to feel uncomfortable and be different if she says she doesn't wanna wear the helmet, etc.  I think Leah was good to get her an aid at the school and I think she is more pro-active than Corey is when it comes to Ali's health. I think she has the right attitude by encouraging Ali to use all the tools available to her (helmet, wheelchair, asking if she wants to be carried, etc) but lets Ali have some control over what she wants to do, too. Yes, Corey was optimistic, but I think that's partly bc he didn't understand the disease the way Leah did. He may be starting to understand it better now, though, as he keeps watching her fall and get weaker. It's hard to know, b/c Corey and Miranda rarely ever appear on camera anymore. I get the impression they felt they were unfairly portrayed a couple seasons ago. I'm actually not even sure if they still work for MTV, bc we see so little of them. Like I've seen Corey all of once this season, briefly, when he and Leah met up to drop off the girls. And he didn't even stick around to chat, they just quickly exchanged the girls (I forget if it was Leah dropping off the girls to Corey or Corey dropping off the girls to Leah) and he mumbled, "cya," got back in his car and drove off. 

17 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

@SheTalksShit- SAHM stands for Stay at Home Mom. 

TR Dues was probably just a booty call she thought would go deeper and never did. I don't understand why she moved him into her home?!! This girl doesn't know how to just BE for five minutes. Again, I'm not saying she cannot socialize or have sex or anything but every man you meet isn't your soul mate or provider. 

I think Corey was truly in love with her and wanted to give 100 chances for them to make it work. Leah just never wanted HIM at all and it probably showed in their daily interactions. That can wear on a person's self esteem. After the second Robbie cheating scandal came to light Corey decided he wasn't going to be made a fool of any more and Leah had no intention of ever being a partner to him. 

I don't remember it that way, tbh. I think Corey was in love, at first, but shortly after they got married, he started to show signs of regret, certainly signs that the relationship was wearing on him. When Leah said she wanted to move somewhere else, get a trailer together, Corey blamed money as the reason they could not do so and said he did not want to sell his truck to do so. But then, Leah talked to her parents about it, who were willing to help her out with $ so she could buy a new, bigger trailer. She told Corey about this and he still didn't wanna go. He said he was staying right there. That, to me, indicates wanting out. By the end, he wanted out. Like Jeremy, he got sick of coming home to nagging, a messy house, a financial disaster, etc. 

Leah seems to have that affect on men - for the first few months, it's great, they fall in love with her, etc. until they move in w/her and share a bank account with her. Then they want out. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

No, you're right, but I do sorta get it, b/c at some point, it's quality of life, too. Like you also want Ali to be able to enjoy herself sometimes, not constantly force her to feel uncomfortable and be different if she says she doesn't wanna wear the helmet, etc.  I think Leah was good to get her an aid at the school and I think she is more pro-active than Corey is when it comes to Ali's health. I think she has the right attitude by encouraging Ali to use all the tools available to her (helmet, wheelchair, asking if she wants to be carried, etc) but lets Ali have some control over what she wants to do, too. Yes, Corey was optimistic, but I think that's partly bc he didn't understand the disease the way Leah did. He may be starting to understand it better now, though, as he keeps watching her fall and get weaker. It's hard to know, b/c Corey and Miranda rarely ever appear on camera anymore. I get the impression they felt they were unfairly portrayed a couple seasons ago. I'm actually not even sure if they still work for MTV, bc we see so little of them. Like I've seen Corey all of once this season, briefly, when he and Leah met up to drop off the girls. And he didn't even stick around to chat, they just quickly exchanged the girls (I forget if it was Leah dropping off the girls to Corey or Corey dropping off the girls to Leah) and he mumbled, "cya," got back in his car and drove off. 

Leah was not pro-active in getting an aide for her child. This is an IEP situation and having gone through IEP myself with regards to my youngest, I know how it works. When the school had the IEP meeting with Leah, the idea for an aide was presented to her. They are the ones who see and deal with Ali on a daily basis and they are the ones who are seeing her needs. Leah would not know what was happening at school without the school identifying the problem. All Leah knows is her child is hungry afterschool. Leah may be talking as if she is the one pushing for an aide, and yes, she is pushing for it only after it came to her attention that her child needed one, not that she was asked if she wanted one. Big difference. 

We have seen how Leah handles the chair and helmet with Ali. She ASKS her if she wants to use them. You don't ask a child if they want to wear their braces. You don't ask them if they want to wear their glasses. You don't ask a child if they want to take their meds. You as a parent have to be proactive in teaching your child  the things they must use are for their well-being. It is not a punishment. It is not a choice. It is a must. Leah has allowed this situation to go on far too long. Ali is at a place where she is not comfortable using her tools because she has been made to feel if she does wear a helmet or uses her chair, she is different. There was no issue making her wear her glasses or knee pads only because those are about the most normal things she can use without her standing out as a child who has needs. Leah and Cory didn't want Ali to be looked upon as different and that is a shame. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 10