Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

The minute the show ends the farm will be sold.  I can't imagine Matt and/or Amy would be able to afford the upkeep of that property without TLC money.  There's no way one month of pumpkin season brings in enough to support the farm (and the people on it) for a year.  

• Love 6
On 7/2/2018 at 10:24 AM, heatherchandler said:

Uugh Zach's awful hat that he wore every. single. day!  That hat bugged me so much!

Jesus. I somehow had managed to forget what an absolute nightmare that house was back then. 

• Love 3

Gawd what a filthy house.  Looks like hoarders live there!  And of course Amy bitching all the way!  Those kids were useless thanks to Amy's enabling!  

Every time Matt suggested some kind of program of order Amy just slapped him down!  No wonder he avoided that morning mess!

• Love 3

Every time Matt suggested some kind of program of order Amy just slapped him down!  No wonder he avoided that morning mess!

Actually I think this entirely reflects Matt's view - remember, Matt said repeatedly "Spending time with the family is a waste of my time". This is what you get when the father in a family decides to check out - Matt didn't want to bother.

Now, if it had been something Matt *cared about*, like say, one of his projects, I have no doubt he'd be proudly letting us know how NOTHING was gonna stop him and how he was gonna show us all some resiliency! 

Raising the kids? Being a father? Standing up to the wife over parenting? That's a waste of Matt's time and he'd rather sleep in than bother. But build a ramshackle fort in the woods?? OMG TIME TO DO A GUT CHECK!

Matt wants the farm so Matt hectors and harps at Amy, hoping to catch her up in order to get what he wants. He's a dedicated little asshole when it comes to something he cares about. Look at how he *fights* Amy for the farm (despite her supposedly vicious temper) and look how Matt walked away from parenting in contrast.

Matt gives a shit about the farm. Matt never gave much of a shit how the kids were raised. After all, he said spending time with his family was a waste of his time. It shows. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Gawd what a filthy house.  Looks like hoarders live there!  And of course Amy bitching all the way!  Those kids were useless thanks to Amy's enabling!

Raising four kids with no help from another spouse or partner is difficult. No one would hold Amy up as Housekeeper of the Year -- but I don't think that's the title she was going for.

I've been sidelined for a couple of days following some minor surgery, and I took the opportunity to browse some old episodes on the TLC Go app. Two scenes that struck me, both from the "Zach and Tori's Wedding" episode: Jeremy said all his mom had ever wanted to be was a stay-at-home mother -- and she "could not have possibly done a better job making us all feel loved and cared for." And Zach's TH about his dance with his mom at his wedding reception: "My mom is the best mom I could ever ask for. Always has been. Things are changing -- but that won't change." (As an aside: I wish both boys would have been a bit more cognizant of those sentiments this past season. )

Amy was a de facto single parent; not financially (although I'd argue that Matt pissed away a LOT of money -- including, no doubt, on legal fees for his two OWIs, solo travel, etc.), but emotionally, he admittedly chose not to be present. So I'm curious as to why anyone would blame the state of the house entirely on Amy; in my view, that's sexist, and it's also revisionist history.   

• Love 12

There's also the fact that Matt used to brag that the messy house and Amy's refusal to clean it for production was why the producers chose the Roloff family to film. Not, you know, Matt, but *Amy* and *Amy's peccadillos* were what made the producers start pouring money on to Matt Roloff.

But sometimes I find the image some people paint, of Matt Roloff peeing himself in terror as he desperately tries to enforce rules only to have Amy have the children physically mock their father as she encourages them to scream abuse at their teary eyed terror filled father who desperately just wanted to be loved really amusing because it just never happened. 

Matt bitched about the mess and NEVER enforced any of the rules he wanted. And Matt is also hardly the prince of neatness - at last check, he'd been living in the DW for what two years and there was already an entire bedroom filled with junk to where it couldn't be used. How did Amy do THAT?

I stopped tolerating the "Matt would be neat if Amy wasn't forcing him to live in squalor" arguments when I saw Matt's hoard.  His home is hardly neat, his office is hardly neat, and there was an entire room that couldn't be used because Matt filled it up with shit. And it was constantly cited that Matt wanted a housekeeper but Amy wouldn't let him, well he has his own place now so why isn't he doing as he pleases? Why is Matt choosing to live in filth when he whined and moaned for years about it? Why did Matt have a hoard when he could have a housekeeper and be as neat as he wished?

A guess? Because Matt's not so neat and the messy house was just a bitch point for him that he really didn't care about. 

• Love 9
43 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Because Matt's not so neat and the messy house was just a bitch point for him that he really didn't care about. 

The barns.  All we had to do was see the barns to know messy was not one sided.

• Love 8

Bichonblitz, I get your point. I think I look at it like this. If being a father was important to Matt, why was he always sleeping in for the kids morning routine when he could have up, being a father, showing Amy how he wanted his children tended? He didn't have to make their meals or do "womanly" things if we're going to assign traditional gender roles but assuming the traditional gender role of "the father", he never bothered supervising his woman to make sure his children were properly tended, and he never told his woman to shush her mouth and mind him as he was the father and if he wanted the boys disciplined, his word as the father was law and he'd had Granpa Ron there to paddle the discipline in if it was necessary. If that meant the boys despised and feared him, so be it, he wasn't their friend, he was their father.

But these traditional moments of gender roles never happened. Not only did Matt never force a disciplinary point, he frankly slept in and let Amy handle it, thereby ceding his role to her. 

If he really gave a shit about raising his kids, he would have fought for them and shown us his resiliency in making sure the boys in particular understood that he was to be obeyed. But that would mean not being their buddy and not having fun so Matt left it alone since he wanted to be the cool dad and frankly spending time with the family was a waste of his time anyway. 

Now does that mean Amy did a great job parenting? No. But this clip in particular exemplifies the problem of Matt's parenting - he just didn't bother and slept in and left it to Amy. Guess what? He wasn't there, insisting on his parenting, he was snoozing and ignoring the kids because it was easier. So no, I don't think Amy "kept him" from being a father, I think Matt's on record stating spending time with his family was a waste of his time and he needs to own the end result. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Rap541 said:

entire bedroom filled with junk

Yes! The bedroom he wanted to make into a baby room ... with sharp-edged cast-iron toys all over the floor. The room he was referring to when, after Caryn asked, "Who's going to clean this out?" he smiled slyly and raised an eyebrow as if to say, "Surely not me." 

His attempts at manipulation always work, sadly enough.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Matt was perfectly able to haul various prices of ramshackle buildings to the farm, tear down the orchard,  design and redesign tbat house while the family lived on two rooms regardless of what Amy thought. He was perfectly capable of encouraging the boys to be boys all over that property, and of building a trebuchet that almost killed his son and friend- regardless of what Amy  thought. He didn’t set any rules because he didn’t want to be a parent.  Period. 

• Love 7

Matt was perfectly able to haul various prices of ramshackle buildings to the farm, tear down the orchard,  design and redesign tbat house while the family lived on two rooms regardless of what Amy thought.

If Matt *wants* it, he does it.

He was perfectly capable of encouraging the boys to be boys all over that property, and of building a trebuchet that almost killed his son and friend- regardless of what Amy  thought.

Matt *dreamed a dream and made it happen* because he showed his resiliency and didn't let anything stop him! If Matt wanted it, Matt was a man and Matt did it regardless of his disabilities!

He didn’t set any rules because he didn’t want to be a parent.  

I think this is where, while Matt stood up like a man and did as he pleased as he wanted it so he does it, and if he dreams a dream, he'll make it happen regardless of his disabilities, at this juncture, the actual rearing of his children, Amy's rage was so psychotic and terrible, Matt could do NOTHING but tremble and piss his pants at the mear idea of speaking louder than a whisper to Amy concerning the rearing of his children.

Or, as he often stated so I wonder why it's not accepted as absolute truth, he finds spending time with his family a waste of his time, and therefore didn't bother to step in. 

• Love 5
(edited)

That was a nice video. I liked how they had Tori speak on the video, and not Audrey! Haha! Guess Audrey gets on Molly's nerves too!

Edited by zenme
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Molly looked lovely in her dress. I liked the button detail on the back. Audrey looked dour and unhappy to be there. Does she ever look joyful? Best wishes to the happy couple. 

Not when she's not the center of attention.  Plus this wedding wasn't as hipster cool as hers.  The bridesmaids dresses aren't made from vintage bedsheets, like hers were (gawd, they were so hideous).

• Love 6
On 29/05/2018 at 8:03 PM, LPBWfan said:

Wow love the video ! I really like Molly's dress and her make up. It was strange to see Amy waiting for the bouquet. I was sad for Amy she was the only one who was 45 and more... I'm glad that Molly seems happy and find someone who love her. I didn't see Jacob in the video. I remember when she was young, they were always playing with eath other.

And Auj... she really don't seems happy when she is not the center of attention! I know she was pregnant but even when she is not she is the same! 

Tori, wow I love that girl! I really like to have her for friend that's for sure! Somebody know if she still see Molly often now? 

• Love 3

And Auj... she really don't seems happy when she is not the center of attention! I know she was pregnant but even when she is not she is the same! 

Honestly, she just rarely ever seems happy at all. For all that Amy gets the Debbie Downer tag, in this respect I think Jeremy DID marry his mother.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Cathelitou said:

Wow love the video ! I really like Molly's dress and her make up. It was strange to see Amy waiting for the bouquet. I was sad for Amy she was the only one who was 45 and more... I'm glad that Molly seems happy and find someone who love her. I didn't see Jacob in the video. I remember when she was young, they were always playing with eath other.

Tori, wow I love that girl! I really like to have her for friend that's for sure! Somebody know if she still see Molly often now? 

Aww—Molly girl is all grown up ( is someone cutting onions in here?) ? She looked beautiful and seems to have grown into a lovely woman.

I even liked Matt’s little speech; I thought it was sweet.

Jacob was there— in the group family photo -taking.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Rap541 said:

I think this is where, while Matt stood up like a man and did as he pleased as he wanted it so he does it, and if he dreams a dream, he'll make it happen regardless of his disabilities, at this juncture, the actual rearing of his children, Amy's rage was so psychotic and terrible, Matt could do NOTHING but tremble and piss his pants at the mear idea of speaking louder than a whisper to Amy concerning the rearing of his children.

Or, as he often stated so I wonder why it's not accepted as absolute truth, he finds spending time with his family a waste of his time, and therefore didn't bother to step in. 

Bolded:  Such a funny image LOL.

I can see how Matt (& men like him) might be intimidated by his wife, but not in the trembling in fear of her assault kind of way. It's probably more of a:  'oh she's smart & competent & has a voice telling me where I'm wrong - & I am - but I don't want to face it nor take any advice from this WOHman so instead I'll just check out -that way anything that goes wrong with the kids will be all her fault (BONUS)'   kind of way. It's cowardly & all too common.

And then mom gets all the blame for the kids' problems, which creates a victory for crappy fathers everywhere.

• Love 7

I'm glad the image amuses. Frankly, I always find the idea that "Matt walks on eggshells around Amy, he's so afraid of setting her off!" to just have no basis in reality, that I have to laugh.

I mean, this is a man who intentionally forces his rage filled wife that he fears her anger to where *he walks on eggshells* aka he worries that by misspeaking to her, he will set off a violent tantrum to be feared - to spend time with his new girlfriend despite knowing how awkward things are between them (and you know, Amy's hair trigger rage that explodes violently)

Or the many times Matt's point blank demanded his rage filled ex who he walks on eggshells around because he fears setting off a violent tantrum to explain her future plans.

Or the many times Matt point blank tells his rage filled ex who he walks on eggshells around because he is terrified of saying the wrong thing and setting off her explosive violent temper that he wants the house she got in the divorce and that he thinks the divorce was unfair and that she's being unfair. 

I mean, when exactly is Matt walking on eggshells, pissing himself in submissive terror as he dares approach the uber violent rage filled Amy?

ANd yes, gonecrackers, I think you nailed the dynamic - raising the kids was "spending time with the family" and Matt himself has vocalized that spending time with the family was a waste of his time and so he walked away and left it to Amy and attempts to paint the picture that while he's a FIGHTER, FIGHTING for what he wants, actually disagreeing with the wife was a step too far, and he was really this sad little trembling pee-soaked terrorized victim of Amy. 

• Love 8

I swear he shares leghumpers with the Duggars.  I know some people who are fans of them, and they post stuff on their personal FB pages about stringing up child molesters by their genitals, but defend Josh Duggar by saying "I don't judge.  It's not up to me to judge." or "Jesus and his family forgives him, so we all should too." or similar.  Nope.  No double standard there.  When I pointed that out,  I was soundly rebuffed and told "Josh was a kid when this happened, and that's different."

Keep telling yourself that......morons.

• Love 2

I have to be fair to Matt. Objectively he's never stooped to the Josh Duggar level of disgusting behavior. I also have to be honest and say I put a lot of Josh's disgusting behavior on how he was raised - when you constantly tell your 15 year old son that you have isolated from society that all outsiders are evil, all sexuality is evil and then lock said fifteen year old into a house with a horde of younger sisters who aren't allowed to do anything but obey - guess what that pile of hormones is going to do?

Worse is knowing that the girls had to continue living with and treating Josh like king of the house and that's all on Ma and Pa Duggar, forcing their daughters to service their eldest boy and sexual molester. If that's the Christian God's judgement then really - I don't want to be Christian if it means my brother gets to rape me and all Jesus does is forgive him and condemn me to be his female slave.

Matt's an ass but his ass behaviors revolve around his rather blatent "Don't treat me like I'm disabled! But I sure won't say no if your pity gets me what I want! I'm dying until I get what I want from you and then I'm smirking at what a dumbass you are to fall for it" attitude.

And for the record, I genuinely don't know why anyone call themselves a "leg humper".

• Love 3
On 7/5/2018 at 8:48 AM, Jeanne222 said:

I missed the most recent episode this week. Was this a flashback when all four kids live there?

If so, depending upon their ages, they surely could have helped in the house cleaning. They needed to learn how to pick up / clean up after themselves , do their own laundry, and take turns doing routine maintenance - like clean the bathroom they used.  

Since the farm / outside was their "playground - ie such a wonderful place to grow up" - then there should have only been a few places in the house that got super messy.

If the uncleanliness was due to the size of the house (ie sq ft; # bedroom/bathroom) and/or their stature, then its odd that Matt/Amy couldn't hire a cleaning person -if only on a minimal basis. They hire help on the farm, so that would have been just one more person on the seasonal payroll. If the house is too big for Amy to keep clean, now that all 4 kiddo are gone, I hope she does look into a service.

Amy didn't want help, nor, did she want the kids to have to clean up after themselves. That falls to Amy, who I much prefer over Matt. Teaching your children life skills, such as cooking, cleaning, laundry is a parent's responsibility. Both parents responsibility. Many complain about the sheet-less beds, but, my son fought me through his teen years over putting sheets on his bed. I finally gave up the fight and went with the "choose your battles" idea. He is 19 now and cooks, cleans, does his own laundry, and yes, his bed has sheets on it. 

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Mom2twoNonna2one said:

Amy didn't want help, nor, did she want the kids to have to clean up after themselves. That falls to Amy, who I much prefer over Matt. Teaching your children life skills, such as cooking, cleaning, laundry is a parent's responsibility. Both parents responsibility. Many complain about the sheet-less beds, but, my son fought me through his teen years over putting sheets on his bed. I finally gave up the fight and went with the "choose your battles" idea. He is 19 now and cooks, cleans, does his own laundry, and yes, his bed has sheets on it. 

hmmm.. wow...that's a new one...

Perhaps Amy's mom had the same philosophy..meaning Amy was practicing what she knew/observed/viewed, as to what a Mom in the household does.

OR she was "Cinderella" as a child, and didn't want her children to feel the same... If that is true, then that would mean  the "Prince"  is... Matt.  :♥☺

Edited by sATL
17 minutes ago, sATL said:

Perhaps Amy's mom had the same philosophy..meaning Amy was practicing what she knew/observed/viewed, as to what a Mom in the household does.

OR she was "Cinderella" as a child, and didn't want her children to feel the same... If that is true, then that would mean  the "Prince"  is... Matt.  :♥☺

It may have been in a clip I previously posted,  but I recall Amy stating her mother kept a clean and neat house, and Amy didn’t want to have people over. So, basically, she chose the opposite for her family.

15 hours ago, Rap541 said:

If that's the Christian God's judgement then really - I don't want to be Christian

Certainly, if you wish not to be a Christian that is your right

See below for what God says about any Christian when incest is discovered among them

How the Duggars handle incest is on the Duggars

1 Corinthians 5:1-5 

1 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that even pagans do not tolerate: A man is sleeping with his father’s wife. 

2 And you are proud! Shouldn’t you rather have gone into mourning and have put out of your fellowship the man who has been doing this? 

3 For my part, even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. As one who is present with you in this way, I have already passed judgment in the name of our Lord Jesus on the one who has been doing this. 

4 So when you are assembled and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, 

5 Hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh,so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord.

3 hours ago, sATL said:

Bolded: That may be the case--I know a couple of people that had very strict mothers when it came to housekeeping and chores and they went the opposite way once they were out on their own. It's a form of control for both the neat person and the messy one.

Regarding Matt-- I have the feeling he wanted to make an edict regarding chores and a neater house--but wanted Amy to do the day-to-day enforcing with the kids, which she did not want. He certainly had no problem when it came to getting Jer to operate heavy machinery when helping on the farm--why couldn't he have been more forceful when it came to (at least the common areas) of the house, if it was that important to him? It's sexist to put it all on Amy, imo.

Also, the clutter around the house: It's not as if it all belonged to Amy--how much of that stuff was Matt's? It reminds me of an old George Carlin bit where he talks about "stuff" and says basically how everyone else's stuff is their "shit" but your stuff is "your stuff."

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Rap541 said:

when exactly is Matt walking on eggshells, pissing himself in submissive terror as he dares approach the uber violent rage filled Amy?

Yeah, I would really like to hear/see some examples of that! Where do people get this stuff? I suppose everyone is entitled to their own opinion....

• Love 4
(edited)

How the Duggars handle incest is on the Duggars

Agreed but by continuing to air the family that forces the female victims to serve their abuser, TLC is tacitly endorsing a form of Christianity that openly treats women like garbage as a point of faith. (By garbage I mean the females who Josh molested are required to defer to him and treat him as though he isn't their molestor but an honored male) But now we're veering to where we should go to the Duggar forum. I'll just repeat, I give Matt credit for not acting as disgusting as a male Duggar in his life actions. 

Amy didn't want help,

Help that until about season two or three they couldn't afford and remember, production *liked* the messy house.

but I recall Amy stating her mother kept a clean and neat house, and Amy didn’t want to have people over. So, basically, she chose the opposite for her family.

This. In fact, I recall *Matt* pratting the whole 'do you want a clean house or do you want to spend your time playing with your kids, no one ever dies saying I wish my house was cleaner' routine when the topic of the messy house came up. He repeated several times that he was *proud* that Amy refused to clean the house for the show and he supported her choice. This means he's lying about something because now his sad little routine is all about how he was never comfortable in the house despite, you know, previously bragging about the mess and how proud he was of it. 

Regarding Matt-- I have the feeling he wanted to make an edict regarding chores and a neater house--but wanted Amy to do the day-to-day enforcing with the kids, which she did not want.

This. Matt wanted to be the fun parent who actively encouraged the kids to get dirty on the farm so he could be cool daddy Matt who provides a treehouse and a western town and lets the kids live in Neverland. 

Amy ALSO wanted to be the fun parent so she was always making food for the kids and their friends and never set any limits on friends coming over and didn't want to enforce Matt's rules when Matt wasn't willing to be the bad guy to the kids either. (for the record this isn't Amy being praised) I do get though, why she didn't want to be the rule enforcer to Matt's "I'm Peter Pan come play!" routine, especially when she was the one who had to deal with actually raising the kids anyway - we never saw *Matt* waking the kids up for school, checking to see if the kids did their school work, making sure the kids had breakfast and had the right stuff for the day and got them into the car on time so he could drive them to school - that was Amy's job. She was competing against "I'm building you secret mine shafts to play in" and "lets go ride atvs and build forts" and then when the kids are in the house, Matt wants it clean but *Matt* doesn't want to be mean Daddy Matt, Matt wants Amy to enforce his rules.

*I am genuinely intrigued to see if any of the Roloff kids emulate their parents in letting their nice, expensive houses be the neighborhood hangout for their kids and all the friends without imposing any rules. Auj in particular doesn't strike me as tolerating that.

Edited by Rap541
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

6 pictures 

She’s lived in Oregon long enough to know it’s “marionberry,” not a loaf named after the former mayor of Washington, D.C. Sheesh, Amy. 

Full disclosure: I laughed so hard when I first came to Oregon from the east coast and saw marionberry ice cream on a sign. 

• Love 9
(edited)
8 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Dirty oven.  Messy bake.  Pure Amy!   Surely they aren't going to be selling that dirty stuff.  Uggg.

Agree. Just what is that on the outside of the half-sheet baking pans and the bread loaf pan , in the top row? The pans on the far left with some kind of baked good, are the correct color..

Not sure if the finger needs to get pointed on the bakery owner for keeping the pans around too long or for Amy for using the pan. Or did Amy bring her own pans?

Does one mix the marionberry with flour first so they don't bleed as much in the final product - like you do with blueberries ?

I guess the best looking one made it to the photo shoot - 2  for $27.99  ( link ).

Wonder if Amy trying to steal market share from  The Pioneer Woman on pumpkin recipes.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, sATL said:

Agree. Just what is that on the outside of the half-sheet baking pans and the bread loaf pan , in the top row? The pans on the far left with some kind of baked good, are the correct color..

Not sure if the finger needs to get pointed on the bakery owner for keeping the pans around too long or for Amy for using the pan. Or did Amy bring her own pans?

Does one mix the marionberry with flour first so they don't bleed as much in the final product - like you do with blueberries ?

I guess the best looking one made it to the photo shoot - 2  for $27.99  ( link ).

Wonder if Amy trying to steal market share from  The Pioneer Woman on pumpkin recipes.

Didn't the first bakery she used have rats?  I wonder if this is the same one?  Too bad she can't blame Matt for this one!  I bet he's happy to be free and not have to take the blame for another of Amy's fails.

• Love 1

I would imagine most people starting up a new business would be hands on for the quality and presentation of the product they are marketing.  Especially if your name is on it.  Hoping being on the show will be enough to sell inferior baking is perhaps the Amy way.  

• Love 1
(edited)

I would imagine most people starting up a new business would be hands on for the quality and presentation of the product they are marketing.  Especially if your name is on it.  Hoping being on the show will be enough to sell inferior baking is perhaps the Amy way.  

And Matt's way. Or are we seriously suggesting Matt picks every pumpkin, chops every pumpkin, and toils over every batch of salsa, complete with making sure the kitchen is up to his fantastically clean standards? 

Because I am pretty sure he's just slapping his name on Roloff Pumpkin Salsa but I am really open to earing actual tales of Matt making the salsa and you know, caring about the quality. 

Speaking of quality control, isn't Matt the fantastic inspector who built a ramshackle trebuchet and nearly got two people killed with it? Too bad Matt can't blame Amy for that one! :D

*Lest it be claimed I am somehow defending Amy, I think the bread business is a silly vanity project, much like Matt's book. But the obvious answer to the "dirty oven, messy bake" issue is don't buy it. I have tried Amy's bread - I found it tasty but a little dry and overpriced.

Edited by Rap541
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

for $14 a loaf - this bread better be DAMN good. Quality & tastes that surpasses what the casual cook (either from scratch or a mix), and/or local grocery store bakery can come up with.

• Love 5

sATL - I wouldn't buy it again, but it was pretty good. The pumpkin bread was more like spice bread than pumpkin to my taste, and the orange/walnut loaf had a really tangy and yummy glaze that I really liked. But both loafs were a little dry.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Rap541 said:

And Matt's way. Or are we seriously suggesting Matt picks every pumpkin, chops every pumpkin, and toils over every batch of salsa, complete with making sure the kitchen is up to his fantastically clean standards? 

Because I am pretty sure he's just slapping his name on Roloff Pumpkin Salsa but I am really open to earing actual tales of Matt making the salsa and you know, caring about the quality. 

This article makes it sound like the salsa products are more Amy's idea, too.  The good news is, they have a manufacturer involved with the production of the salsa (Beaverton Foods) that seems to run a clean shop.

• Love 1

Well, it certainly quotes her,  I agree, but there's a photo of Amy and Matt in the Beaverton Foods facility. And I seem to recall Matt wanting (in jest I think) to have his photo on the salsa labels and was cheerfully screeching "BUY OUR SALSA!!" at the food convention. All that sure makes me think the salsa business has *some* connection to Matt - even if it really is just Matt slapping his name on the product... which frankly has always been my vibe on the salsa business.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Dirty oven.  Messy bake.  Pure Amy!   Surely they aren't going to be selling that dirty stuff.  Uggg.

Eh, doesn't look that bad to me. It's not an image I would have shared if it were my product because it doesn't look appealing and people who don't know any better might think it was gross.  But baked/burned on stuff is simply the reality of the commercial baking business. Especially when you are handling fruit filled cakes covered in sugar. It can be a very sticky, messy affair. Notice that the actual cooling rack the pans are resting in appears clean. It's just the baking pans that are messy.  I'm guessing they were clean, too, before they were filled with batter and put through the oven.  

But I do hope that's not rust on the top sheet pan, though. It's hard to tell. It looks like the pan may have been enameled at one point and it's worn away. Either way, I wouldn't be using it. 

3 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Too bad she can't blame Matt for this one!  I bet he's happy to be free and not have to take the blame for another of Amy's fails.

I'm not sure what you are referring to. What has Amy tried to blame on Matt? What has she ever failed at that she held him responsible for?

• Love 10
(edited)

7 pictures:

In in the comments on a previous post, Amy stated she is currently filming. It was strange that she said “I”, instead of, “we”.

312FAFC2-39A0-490F-9C75-8F5CB8F2B674.png

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

7 pictures:

In in the comments on a previous post, Amy stated she is currently filming. It was strange that she said “I”, instead of, “we”.

312FAFC2-39A0-490F-9C75-8F5CB8F2B674.png

What Amy said is not strange to me because since the divorce there is no more we just I and I.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/8/2018 at 8:22 AM, Jeanne222 said:

Too bad she can't blame Matt for this one!  I bet he's happy to be free and not have to take the blame for another of Amy's fails.

I'm with @Rap541 -- the bread was tasty but a little dry, and I think it's insane to charge $14 for a loaf that's comparable in taste to a Pillsbury mix from any chain grocer. That said, this comment leaves me scratching my head. Amy's fails? I would think Amy would be relieved to no longer be associated with Matt's. Off the top of my head: Nasty little addiction to recreational drugs. Two OWIs. Difficulty hanging onto a job before TLC came calling. Trebuchet accident. Fucking the help. 

At the risk of being labeled an Amy apologist: I see plenty of flaws in Amy. But they pale in comparison to Matt's, and Amy put up with far more than I ever would have. No two ways about it: Matt's a narcissistic antagonist who's a skilled player in the court of public opinion. If Amy were charming, Matt would be screwed. 

I'm really hoping someone will receive this question in the manner with which it's offered and respond in a substantive fashion. If you're someone who consistently defends Matt and thinks Amy is responsible for all the family's travails AND the demise of the marriage ... why do you feel that way? And how do you reason away Matt's accountability? Not trying to be argumentative; trying to learn and understand. 

Edited by Literata
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, Literata said:

I'm with @Rap541 -- the bread was tasty but a little dry, and I think it's insane to charge $14 for a loaf that's comparable in taste to a Pillsbury mix from any chain grocer. That said, this comment leaves me scratching my head. Amy's fails? I would think Amy would be relieved to no longer be associated with Matt's. Off the top of my head: Nasty little addiction to recreational drugs. Two OWIs. Difficulty hanging onto a job before TLC came calling. Trebuchet accident. Fucking the help. 

At the risk of being labeled an Amy apologist: I see plenty of flaws in Amy. But they pale in comparison to Matt's, and Amy put up with far more than I ever would have. No two ways about it: Matt's a narcissistic antagonist who's a skilled player in the court of public opinion. If Amy were charming, Matt would be screwed. 

I'm really hoping someone will receive this question in the manner with which it's offered and respond in a substantive fashion. If you're someone who consistently defends Matt and thinks Amy is responsible for all the family's travails AND the demise of the marriage ... why do you feel that way? And how do you reason away Matt's accountability? Not trying to be argumentative; trying to learn and understand. 

Maybe that's me.  I like Matt.   I find him industrious and successful with all of his limitations.  He is way more handicapped in his dwarfism than Amy.  Many in his condition would be sitting in a wheel chair collecting social security checks each month.

For a second think of this family and where they would be without Matt!

While he was climbing mountains all Amy had to do was be a stay at home mom.  Raise good, respectful,industrious kids.

No  Mattt wasn't responsib!e for coparenting the kids.  That was Amy's only job and to me she failed miserably.  Well 75%!

To say a doctor,  trial attorney or businessman is equally responsible for the raising of four children when they have a stay at home mom just isn't fair!  Matt worked the farm so he was around a lot but his work was outside not inside.  He was the brains and the idea man!

Yes I'll give those not liking Matt the two dui's wrong yes for sure says this strong Supporter of MADD.  But they were in his distant past.

The infidelity really gets me.  Inuendo s only to affairs and locked office doors.  I just don't believe it at all!  To me it's all nasty Amy s dirty work.  Make matt look really bad.  I'm like Thomas I need more proof than Amy's tales.

Then there is post Amy Matt!  Writing a children's story and doing book signings across the country.  Even oversaw a flipped house to his credit!  

Matt sees Amy for what she is.  A woman that got it all but could never stop complaining long enough to enjoy it!

I hope those that read my words won't argue my thoughts because I won't respond.  Somebody asked why some folks liked Matt but not Amy.  I responded in a respectful way how I feel.  Thanks for reading.

• Love 7