Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, Julia67 said:

What does Amy need with that big house 

If Amy chooses to live in a cave or in Windsor Castle or in her existing home, it's no one else's business. The house was given to her in the divorce. Any issues Matt had with that arrangement should have been taken up at that time.

Amy didn't want the divorce and indicated as much for months. Of course, she had the option to refuse to give Matt a divorce, but that would have made the marriage pretty crowded, as Caryn was a part of things by that time. Matt initiated, constantly worked to justify, and pushed hard for the divorce. In the end, Amy had little choice.

Anyone has any right to the opinion that Amy's a whining bitch, but facts are important. 

• Love 18

Well, it becomes everyone's business when they make it a huge plot line on the show.  So there's that..........

I'm not questioning that she has the RIGHT to the house because of the divorce, but she seems terribly unhappy there so why stay?  So, if she's that miserable, she can have Matt buy her out (I assume that would be necessary.) and go buy a cave or Windsor Castle and reside there happily without having to look at Matt and Caryn across the lawn.  It doesn't seem to me that Matt has asked Amy to give up the house.  He has asked her plans, which she refuses to verbalize.  She either needs to decide to stay and quit whining or leave and move on with her life.  She can't have it both ways.

For not wanting the divorce, she sure does seem to hate her ex-husband.  And she seems to have moved on with Chris.  If Caryn was the reason for the divorce, that sucks for Amy, but the FACT is that they ARE now divorced.  Just as Amy has the right to a happy relationship with Chris then Matt has the same rights with Caryn.  Whether or not that's difficult for Amy isn't Matt's problem at this point.  Which brings me back around to the fact that if Matt and Caryn's relationship is so difficult for Amy, why in the hell does she want to live across the driveway from them?  Sell the house, move, and start over.  The best revenge would be showing Matt she's moved on and done well without--or in spite of--him.  Right now, she's just allowing him to continue to make her miserable and probably take great pleasure in that fact.  If she enjoys being the martyr, she's doing a great job.  But, at some point, she has to accept what life has handed her and move on.  

• Love 3

I'll probably be excoriated in this forum, but I think Amy is a whining bitch. 

In some respects I agree. 

She chose to get divorced. 

Matt left her. Matt wanted the divorce, Amy wanted to try counseling. Yes, she ultimately agreed but please don't present it as Amy slapping the paper work down and crying "I want out now".

Yes, they agreed she could keep the house.  But things change.  If she wants to stay in the house, then SAY SO! 

She has, repeatedly. Matt and the boys keep ignoring it. If she needs to text them daily with "Today yet again, I have no plans to move" then thats really their problem at this point. Amy Roloff has been very publically clear that she wants to stay in the house. 

Also - the major demand that AMY DECIDE AND DECIDE RIGHT NOW is because Matt Roloff has publically stated he can't make any move until he ABSOLUTELY KNOWS what Amy intends. However, as Matt Roloff constantly whines how he can't make a decision to buy a place in AZ or whatever until he has an official document from Amy stating her intention, it has now been revealed that all while he's done this whining little dance of "Amy is holding me up! I can't do a THING because AMY MUST DECIDE FIRST! Until then, I am locked in this prison hell hole called the DW" - Matt has ALREADY BOUGHT the house he said he couldn't until he had Amy's decision firmly carved in actual rock. 

All this drama about the house is coming from Matt. 

What does Amy need with that big house and why the hell does she want to live that close to Matt anyway?

No one NEEDS that big house. Matt certainly doesn't. He has a perfectly nice house that he could modify. Until recently, Matt had THREE houses, the DW, the Portland flip, and his AZ love nest. Zach and Jeremy both own very nice homes that are a short drive from the farm and neither of them are willing to commit to working there so why do they need to live on the farm?

Amy got the house in the divorce. She does not have to justify why she wants to keep it. 

Now, can anyone explain why Matt *needs* (not wants, NEEDS) that house? Because really, the way Matt describes it, he doesn't NEED a two story house full of stairs, he needs an assisted living situation.

I don't know all the details of the divorce, but it takes two.  She certainly contributed in some way to the demise of their marriage. 

Agreed. Personally, I think Amy should have stood up for herself a lot earlier in their marriage. Matt got into the habit of treating her like one of the children, and stopped consulting her on major decisions. I think you'll agree that Matt wasn't St Matt? Amy's cowed victim? I mean, this is the guy who point blank said, several times in several scenes that he had no problem lying to Amy about what he was doing and what he was spending.

And I think she's ridiculous with Chris.  She acts like she's 12.  And I don't think he seems all that interested.  If I were her, I'd be keeping an eye on that for sure.  

Amy acts like the last time she dated was in the 1980s and it's annoying. Whatever the situation with Chris is... he's stuck around for a while and doesn't seem to be involving himself in Amy's financial business so my concerns have faded.

Unlike Caryn, who has Matt buying her parents home.

• Love 10

I'm big on if you're not happy with your life, figure out a way to change it, OR at least try to remain positive. No point in continuing to complain to yourself and the world. Fix it. If she's happy with Chris and living in her house then focus on that, and not the fact that Matt lives across the way. Fuck Matt.  Decide what's more important and move on.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm not questioning that she has the RIGHT to the house because of the divorce, but she seems terribly unhappy there so why stay?

Let's turn that around shall we?

Matt seems terribly unhappy in the double wide, why does he stay?

Why doesn't Matt have to justify his choice to the public? 

He has at least one other home to go to at this point. He point blank says he's miserable in the DW and doesn't like being near AMY. Yet.... Matt continues to live in the DW. Shouldn't he be justifying his choosing to be miserable? He's terribly unhappy there, he says so CONSTANTLY. Why does he choose to stay in his misery?

If she's happy with Chris and living in her house then focus on that, and not the fact that Matt lives across the way.

Agreed. And I bet she'd be a lot happier if Matt would just accept the reality that she's not planning to move. She's really been quite clear. They'd both be happier if Matt would let it go and stop demanding she yet again reveal her plans to stay. 

Edited by Rap541
  • Love 12
(edited)

For Matt the problem is that this show revolves around the farm. Neither want to let it go and lose their place (income) on the series. Of course he wants to get rid of Amy. Then everything will focus on him. What a little tyrant scene stealer. 

To be honest I’m not either Team Amy or Team Matt. I just wanted to see the farm goings on, some family fun and how this un-average sized family copes with their challenges that come up with their short stature. No pun intended but the show is coming up short. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 6

For Matt the problem is that this show revolves around the farm. Neither want to let it go and lose their place (income) on the series. Of course he wants to get rid of Amy. Then everything will focus on him. What a little tyrant scene stealer. 

Agreed. And duh, Amy totally enjoys being on the show and making money from the show so only an idiot would walk away from the big house WHILE THE SHOW AIRS. Why does Amy need that big house? Because the show is filmed there. Why does Matt live in the DW? FOR THE SHOW. 

No one is moving until the show is done.

• Love 16
23 minutes ago, Julia67 said:

Sell the house, move, and start over.

Simply put she can't sell the house.  It's part of the farm and to sell the house, she and Matt would have to agree to sell the farm.  Amy has the right to live in the house because of the divorce agreement.  She doesn't own the house outright separate from the businesses.  As others have said both Amy and Matt participated in arriving at this divorce settlement.  That Matt continually wants to renegotiate it is a horrible attempt at manipulation.  They both stay where they are because that's what they agreed to do and to continue the businesses that they couldn't agree how to separate and to continue their main source of income - the TLC show.   Sadly the show insists on showing us lies and distortions on a regular basis.  I'm not sure how much of the Amy needs to move or declare her plans is Matt driven and how much is show driven.

• Love 10

I'm also kind of tired of hearing poor little Matt whine how he just still doesn't know Amy's plans. 

I think she's been pretty fucking clear. She doesn't want to move. If we all know it... then how fucking stupid is Matt Roloff that he's still rolling his eyes and throwing up his hands with the "Lawsy! I just can't do a thin until Amy makes up her mind!" routine?

I begin to think Amy could blast "I'm not moving!" On a loudspeaker directed at t he DW and Matt would still be shaking his head and moaning how he was trapped in the DW as he still has no idea what Amy's plans are.

• Love 15
(edited)

So Caryn got Matt to purchase her parents home, something smells fishy here, wasn't Matt all about finding a place in Hawaii not to long ago, and now he may have drunk the Caryn Kool Aid and decided Surprise AZ was his new mecca, why because Caryn told him it was perhaps... I am sure there are plenty of fine homes to buy in Surprise, yet it seems Matt did Caryn's parents a favor ?..

Also why the fuck does Jeremy keep his long hair when all he ever dons is a man bun ?

Poor Auj, how will she make it through a Soup-less Christmas ?  

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, Julia67 said:

Well, it becomes everyone's business when they make it a huge plot line on the show.  So there's that..........

Clearly. My point is that it's no one's business WHY Amy feels she needs a big house. She's on a reality show; she can't cry "foul" about not having privacy in her house, for example. But she's not obligated to justify WHY she wants to stay in that house. It's her fucking house. 

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Julia67 said:

Which brings me back around to the fact that if Matt and Caryn's relationship is so difficult for Amy, why in the hell does she want to live across the driveway from them?

Because it's HER HOUSE. The house in which she lives her life, and in which she had planned to grow old. Matt changed the game plan, as he certainly had the right to do. But Amy is in no way obligated to change HER life because of Matt's decisions.

• Love 16
15 minutes ago, Literata said:

Also, yes, Amy can be a bitch. But here are a few things to keep in mind.

1. Nine times out of 10, she displays that bitchiness in response to Matt's mindfuckery.

2. Matt and Caryn had an affair basically right in front of her. (Disagree with me? Go back and find the "Amy doesn't have a key to my office" episode.) Now she has to watch Caryn basically act as stepmother to her kids and grandmother to her grandkids. That's hard. 

3. Jeremy and Audrey clearly disapprove of her relationship while having their noses up Matt's ass in spite of his infidelity. Say what you will about Amy; she was a devoted mom. And the fact that Jeremy essentially has turned on her has to be hurtful.

Would I want to be Amy's bff? Nope. But I think it's pretty clear that Matt's the instigator, and she's left to react. She doesn't always react well, but he's a manipulative little prick, and I probably wouldn't be too charitable, either.

I hadn't realized that Matt was fooling around with Caryn while he was married. So Caryn gets Matt, her parents house sold and if he sells the farm oodles of cash to blow. She's smart 

• Love 6

Jeremy and Audrey clearly disapprove of her relationship while having their noses up Matt's ass in spite of his infidelity. Say what you will about Amy; she was a devoted mom. And the fact that Jeremy essentially has turned on her has to be hurtful.

This. 

Sorry, but if your problem is with parents divorcing, then Matt is as divorced as Amy. If Jeremy wants to be a man (kinda) and concede that he's holding the woman in the equation to a higher standard, then he needs to get on camera with "My mother is at fault for this divorce because a woman;s place is following her man's orders no matter what. Married women must always obey their men, my mom didn't jump to my father's every snapped finger and therefore she is the one at fault".

Seriously, if that's what he really believes - and a lot of signs point to yes - I'd at least respect his standing up for something. 

But that's not Jeremy's stated view. Jeremy's stated view is that he is against divorce. He clearly judges his mom wrong and doesn't even blink about Daddy Matt fucking Caryn the Farm Manager. If it's about *divorce* he should be judging Daddy as harshly as he judges Mommy because Daddy walked away and Jeremy wants Mommy and Daddy married and Daddy isn't saying "I will marry Mommy". 

But Auj doesn't let Jer have his balls back for much so....

• Love 13

Clearly. My point is that it's no one's business WHY Amy feels she needs a big house. She's on a reality show; she can't cry "foul" about not having privacy in her house, for example. But she's not obligated to justify WHY she wants to stay in that house. It's her fucking house. 

Why doesn't Matt need to justify WHY he needs a big house?

He has btw - in one episode his complaint about the DW was that he was at a place in his life where he shouldn't be living in "a trailer". Matt's EGO wants a big house.

But please explain to me why does Matt NEED a big house? He's not married, the kids don't live with him. A 2 bedroom one floor home completely suits his NEEDS. Why does a man who can't walk up stairs want a two story house? Why can't Matt BUY a house? WHy does he NEED the home he already gave to Amy? Why do his wants - because they are wants not needs - overshadow Amy's wants?

Matt could offer Amy double what that property is worth and she still has every right to say no... and Matt agreed to that in the divorce so he doesn't get to constantly complain about it without being deemed a selfish whiny bitch. Because he's being a selfish whiny bitch. He gave up the house in the divorce and now regrets it and is doing his dmandest to make himself look like a victiom with his "I'm so uncomfortable in the DW, I am in so much pain, but I can't make a move because I still don't know what Amy is doing".

I again remind everyone that Matt has owned a home in AZ all while he was whining that he couldn't make any decision on moving until he absolutely knew what Amy was doing. Matt willingly prefers to live in pain because it's more important to him to stay in the DW so he continues to have a whining point. But this whole time the show filmed he was lying, he had already decided and put a downpayment on the house he told the audience he couldn't have because Amy wouldn't make a decision.

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

All Caryn sees in Matt is $$$$$$$$$.

I sure hope not. I mean, Caryn is an attractive lady. I can't imagine it's too hard for her to meet a nice man. I would like to think she enjoys Matt's company, and appreciates his drive. I think as a viewer, I'd be sad to learn it was all about his wallet.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Rap541 said:

This. 

Sorry, but if your problem is with parents divorcing, then Matt is as divorced as Amy. If Jeremy wants to be a man (kinda) and concede that he's holding the woman in the equation to a higher standard, then he needs to get on camera with "My mother is at fault for this divorce because a woman;s place is following her man's orders no matter what. Married women must always obey their men, my mom didn't jump to my father's every snapped finger and therefore she is the one at fault".

Seriously, if that's what he really believes - and a lot of signs point to yes - I'd at least respect his standing up for something. 

But that's not Jeremy's stated view. Jeremy's stated view is that he is against divorce. He clearly judges his mom wrong and doesn't even blink about Daddy Matt fucking Caryn the Farm Manager. If it's about *divorce* he should be judging Daddy as harshly as he judges Mommy because Daddy walked away and Jeremy wants Mommy and Daddy married and Daddy isn't saying "I will marry Mommy". 

But Auj doesn't let Jer have his balls back for much so....

I agree with this all so much. Jeremy disgusts me how he treats Amy. I'm surprised he hasn't told Matt to call the police and have Amy forcefully removed from the property. It's so sickening. 

2 hours ago, zenme said:

I sure hope not. I mean, Caryn is an attractive lady. I can't imagine it's too hard for her to meet a nice man. I would like to think she enjoys Matt's company, and appreciates his drive. I think as a viewer, I'd be sad to learn it was all about his wallet.

It certainly can't be the physical chemistry. Not to be rude but... Yeah. I don't buy her being into him sexually. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Finchers said:

I agree with this all so much. Jeremy disgusts me how he treats Amy. I'm surprised he hasn't told Matt to call the police and have Amy forcefully removed from the property. It's so sickening. 

It certainly can't be the physical chemistry. Not to be rude but... Yeah. I don't buy her being into him sexually. 

this is nothing new, Jeremy has treated her like this for as long as the show has been on. One episode that stands out to me is when school started back, Mike was there, Jeremy was asking about notebooks or a back pack, she was telling him where it was and it ends up a shouting match, disrespect much. If Amy hadn't addressed this off camera, and apparently she didn't, that is on her she is the parent. I am no Amy fan but have never understood why she has allowed him to speak to her the way he does. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

this is nothing new, Jeremy has treated her like this for as long as the show has been on. One episode that stands out to me is when school started back, Mike was there, Jeremy was asking about notebooks or a back pack, she was telling him where it was and it ends up a shouting match, disrespect much. If Amy hadn't addressed this off camera, and apparently she didn't, that is on her she is the parent. I am no Amy fan but have never understood why she has allowed him to speak to her the way he does. 

It's possible she could have found it intimidating to raise a tall male child, especially when he's acting out. I don't recall her dynamic with Zach & Jacob was quite young then.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Literata said:

Because it's HER HOUSE. The house in which she lives her life, and in which she had planned to grow old. Matt changed the game plan, as he certainly had the right to do. But Amy is in no way obligated to change HER life because of Matt's decisions.

I agree 100%.  I would also ask why Amy having tenancy in the house has anything to do with the farm business and pumpkin season? Her living there does not in any way affect the growing and trucking in of pumpkins, nor does it affect the running of the farm tours and other activities during the one month of pumpkin season.

If I were Amy, I would've "gone off" on both Matt and Jer long ago regarding them repeatedly asking about my future plans.

Has Amy ever turned to Matt and/or Jeremy and said, "What would YOU have me do? What, in your ideal fantasy, would be the future situation on the farm and exactly how would you go about making it happen?" I would make them admit on camera what they really, really want.

I would also ask Jer--"So, when Ember grows up and gets married, you and Auj would be willing to leave your home and let Ember and her husband have it (and run the farm) before you are ready to retire?"

• Love 9

Nonsense, Adiba. Ember is a girl. Jeremy isn't going to give a girl, who if she marries, isn't even a Roloff, the precious family farm. Only penis bearers matter.

• Love 11

Only sporadically watching this show. Can someone remind me how the family members earn money?  Matt and Amy have the farm but what do the kids do?  Do Zach, Tori, Audg (what's her actual name?) and Jeremy have actual jobs or is their income entirely from the reality show pay?

36 minutes ago, RemoteControlFreak said:

Only sporadically watching this show. Can someone remind me how the family members earn money?  Matt and Amy have the farm but what do the kids do?  Do Zach, Tori, Audg (what's her actual name?) and Jeremy have actual jobs or is their income entirely from the reality show pay?

Tori used to be a kindergarten teacher.

Ah the filthy house that looked like a hoarder home! :)

Do note, people who like to insist Amy did nothing - while the house was a sty, Amy got up every morning while Matt slept in, fixed the kids breakfast, made their lunches, referreed  their fights, got them ready for school and drove them to school. All before Matt got up. 

This does not mean I think Matt *did nothing* or that Amy *did more*. But... I bet if Amy had been able to work and make her own money rather than tending Matt's babies, she would have brought more money to the table when the divorce occurred. "Amy did nothing"? No. Was she a perfect mother? Obviously not, but she was in a marriage and she did tend her side of the marriage. When Matt claims he got the kids up each morning for school, made their lunches, dealt with their fights, made them breakfast, got them into the car and drove them to school every day while Amy swanned in the bedroom sleeping late.

I certainly don't think Matt "did nothing" - I think they had a fairly even division of labor which is why I get annoyed when I see the whole "OMG Amy doesn't deserve ANYTHING! Matt DID ALL THE WORK IN THAT MARRIAGE!" No, he didn't. Yes, he did get the tv show. He also is the dad who got fired from his software job and almost lost the farm repeatedly early in their marriage while Amy tended the kids and yes, worked part time to help out. This is not a family who were millionaires when TLC changed their lives and Amy did her share of the work to allow Matt to have the time to have ideas and dreams. She earned her 50% and she was not a perfect and Matt was not a perfect husband.  

Honestly, at this point, with Caryn's parents now having 375k of Matt's money, I'm genuinely wondering how much of her sexual attraction to Matt revolved around money. 

I mean, Chris is an attractive man and I can't imagine its too hard for him to meet a nice lady. But hardly anyone thinks he enjoys Amy's company or appreciates her and everyone thinks he's all about the money, even though he's really had ample opportunity at this point to talk Amy into all sorts of commitments. She's obviously willing. And folks, he's not sticking around out of hopes of getting the farm - that property screams "complex ownership situation".

I mean, people talk about Caryn and Matt like its perfectly normal for Caryn to want such a catch and talk like Amy is an ugly toad that Chris is pity fucking for money because god knows no sane man would have her. But really, sometimes I wonder what people are seeing in Matt that isn't the $$$. I mean, there's obvious health issues surrounding him, the face is nice but the body is not great, he seems to over power conversations and he gets irritated and grumpy if he does something he doesn't like. He doesn't seem to have any interests that don't revolve around his own projects... if the dollar signs weren't there, would people really find him attractive?

• Love 12

Why shouldn't Matt and Amy have spacious homes? I live in a 3,800 s/f with the BF and two little dogs. We both have our own private baths, a dressing room, individual offices and a guest suite. I don't feel like I rattle around like Miss Haversham.  

• Love 2
On 6/25/2018 at 11:17 PM, spankydoll said:

So Caryn gets Matt, her parents house sold and if he sells the farm oodles of cash to blow. She's smart 

She is a devious master manipulator! Much smarter than Matt. Yes, Matt. Caryn is out-smarting you and you don't even know it!!

I don't trust Chris yet, but I have to agree with another poster that Chris does not have his hand in Amy's pocket. He is not pushing her to get married so he can have free reign of her money, he doesn't seem to want anything to do with her money or her house. He's fine with living on his own and not wanting to change that. Will Amy be ok with that forever? I doubt it but at least she can take comfort in knowing he's not using her for her wealth. Fame maybe, but not wealth. 

• Love 5
19 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

It's possible she could have found it intimidating to raise a tall male child, especially when he's acting out. I don't recall her dynamic with Zach & Jacob was quite young then.

I do recall it.  Molly and Jacob never said much on camera.  Jeremy and Zach were quite verbal and had no trouble speaking their minds, especially Zach.  Zach is a very different person than he used to be before he met Tori.  He was pretty insufferable, disrespectful, and a real smart mouth to both parents, especially Matt, but, Amy egged him on when it came to that.  Amy was always quick to defend the twin's behavior, no matter how inappropriate.  Jeremy was more of a soft and tender person growing up and didn't seem to listen to Amy when she was encouraging the kids to diss their dad. (Neither did Molly.)  He also showed compassion to his dad with his mobility issues and offered to carry him or lift him on trips, when necessary. So, regardless of my fears, of how they'd turn out, they did pretty well.  I'm not sure about Jacob.  I don't know enough about him to comment.   

• Love 1

Jeremy was more of a soft and tender person growing up

Yeah this is the guy caught throwing cats with buddy Mueller and caught by news media using terms like "n-word" and "faggothole" and "not to be a gay bragging faggot but I raped their defenses" - such a tender little boy! May Jesus shine on him and his comments and actions, right?

Btw if the argument is made that these were rare instances, no, not really, and he was seventeen and old enough to have learned that certain words aren't ok - if he and Zach can play the darn and shnikes game over cuss words, then he was bright enough to understand n-word and faggot are wrong and willingly chose to use those words.

and didn't seem to listen to Amy when she was encouraging the kids to diss their dad.

So kind and tender when his dad dissed his mom to his face as an adult, when Matt bought the new throne and told adult Jeremy with a laugh that Matt was going to lie to Jeremy's mother about the cost and Jeremy laughed with his dad over this?

Hey, Jeremy is very very against divorce and makes his disdain known to his mom but smiles and doesn't say boo to his father who is ALSO divorced. Not only DIVORCED but DIVORCED BY CHOICE and very clearly entertaining no intent to please Jeremy by getting back with Jeremy's mom. Jeremy also as an adult doesn't seem to respect the words she says - he's just like Matt, he refuses to accept she doesn't want to move so he whines like a lazy little bitch that his mommy is messing up his plans to take his mommy's home. Shouldn't Jeremy, as a respectful man, accept his mother's decision and provide his children a home with his OWN work? Instead of expecting his mommy to live on the street cause Jer wants the big house?

Do note - I think Amy encouraged the kids to be disrespectful to their dad. My question is whether Jeremy was really that "Yes ma'am, yes sir, I respect others!"  picture being painted as a teen and if being nice to dad a few times as a teen means he's allowed to disrespect his mother by accepting his father's lies to his mom with a laugh and has the right to demand his mother leave her home for him. Remember, Jer has yet to even acknowledge the idea of paying anyone any compensation for the farm.

• Love 10

I agree 100%.  I would also ask why Amy having tenancy in the house has anything to do with the farm business and pumpkin season? Her living there does not in any way affect the growing and trucking in of pumpkins, nor does it affect the running of the farm tours and other activities during the one month of pumpkin season.

In reality, you're absolutely correct. Amy could be anyone living in the house. The only concern the farm business would have with the tenant of the house is making sure they're aware of farm doings as it pertains to equipment and crowds. Since the tenant has permanent occupancy, there's really no involvement at all. 

This is all about Matt wanting Amy out of the house. He's attempting to justify it with the idea of the twins moving their families back to the farm because he's apparently made the decision that he's not going to build his dream house on the property with just his own money - but there's no reason the twins need to live on the property. They live in close driving distance and people normally don't live at their workplaces. 

Why shouldn't Matt and Amy have spacious homes? I live in a 3,800 s/f with the BF and two little dogs. We both have our own private baths, a dressing room, individual offices and a guest suite. I don't feel like I rattle around like Miss Haversham.  

Personally I don't care if they want homes as large as Downton Abbey. The problem is that the constant argument is "Amy doesn't NEED that large of a home, she should move". Which is fine except no one will respond to why does Matt  - someone as single as Amy (except that Amy is apparently letting Jacob and his girlfriend live in the big house with her) need such a large house?

I mean, can he even access the second floor without being physically carried at this point? But that's the problem - if Amy doesn't NEED that big home - then why does Matt NEED that big  home? To where he's morally right in his constant demands to change a legal agreement that says he doesn't get the big house? And isn't being a whiny sore loser manipulating the audience into thinking he's being victimized when he in fact completely agreed to the current arrangement and signed legal documents to that effect?

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

In reality, you're absolutely correct. Amy could be anyone living in the house. The only concern the farm business would have with the tenant of the house is making sure they're aware of farm doings as it pertains to equipment and crowds. Since the tenant has permanent occupancy, there's really no involvement at all. 

This is all about Matt wanting Amy out of the house. He's attempting to justify it with the idea of the twins moving their families back to the farm because he's apparently made the decision that he's not going to build his dream house on the property with just his own money - but there's no reason the twins need to live on the property. They live in close driving distance and people normally don't live at their workplaces. 

Personally I don't care if they want homes as large as Downton Abbey. The problem is that the constant argument is "Amy doesn't NEED that large of a home, she should move". Which is fine except no one will respond to why does Matt  - someone as single as Amy (except that Amy is apparently letting Jacob and his girlfriend live in the big house with her) need such a large house?

I mean, can he even access the second floor without being physically carried at this point? But that's the problem - if Amy doesn't NEED that big home - then why does Matt NEED that big  home? To where he's morally right in his constant demands to change a legal agreement that says he doesn't get the big house? And isn't being a whiny sore loser manipulating the audience into thinking he's being victimized when he in fact completely agreed to the current arrangement and signed legal documents to that effect?

Perfect explanation. Really the twins NEED to make a home for their own families and not wait for handouts. Matt and Amy really hustled over the years to pull that farm and the show together. They didn't sit around taking selfies and shilling MLM schemes all day.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, sATL said:

did a new episode or the reunion show air on 6/26? 

Supposedly it was a new episode and my TV description said it was the season finale. It was nothing more than a 2 hour combination of the last few episodes. They couldn't come up with a better finale than that? How pathetic. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Rap541 said:

That's it, in a nutshell. It's not up to anyone but Amy to determine what Amy needs. It's offensive that Matt and Jeremy feel they have the right to make that call, or even to express an opinion about it. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Amy was always quick to defend the twin's behavior, no matter how inappropriate. 

Perhaps I don't recall. Did Matt step in at these junctures and guide the boys to behave appropriately?

I've never understood the apparent perception that the onus was on Amy and Amy alone to shape the kids' character. She was home more than Matt was, certainly -- but she also worked, at least part-time, outside the home, and the time she spent at home was largely devoted to taking care of the kids' needs -- feeding, clothing, chauffeuring. Not sure why Matt gets a pass. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Literata said:

Perhaps I don't recall. Did Matt step in at these junctures and guide the boys to behave appropriately?

I've never understood the apparent perception that the onus was on Amy and Amy alone to shape the kids' character. She was home more than Matt was, certainly -- but she also worked, at least part-time, outside the home, and the time she spent at home was largely devoted to taking care of the kids' needs -- feeding, clothing, chauffeuring. Not sure why Matt gets a pass. 

Well, Matt tried to step in, but, Amy would bite his head off and chide him to leave the kids alone. He would calmly talk to her about his concerns of things the boys did and said, but, she would have none of it.  That was the case from day one until the boys moved away from the farm.  I don't think Amy is a terrible person, but, when it came to the kids, especially the twins, she was bound and determined that they could do as they liked. If there was any debate, Amy took their side and never Matt's.  I suppose that Matt could have put his foot down and tried to discipline the boys anyway, but, how does that work when the mother stands defiantly against you, and EVEN JOINS IN with the boys when they would denigrate Matt?  It was pretty messed up.  This is why I'm so shocked that the boys turned out so well.  

• Love 3
On 6/26/2018 at 12:50 PM, Whyyouneedaname said:

That was the episode that he called his mother "such a pisser". Nice.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Ah the filthy house that looked like a hoarder home! :)

Do note, people who like to insist Amy did nothing - while the house was a sty, Amy got up every morning while Matt slept in, fixed the kids breakfast, made their lunches, referreed  their fights, got them ready for school and drove them to school. All before Matt got up. 

This does not mean I think Matt *did nothing* or that Amy *did more*. But... I bet if Amy had been able to work and make her own money rather than tending Matt's babies, she would have brought more money to the table when the divorce occurred. "Amy did nothing"? No. Was she a perfect mother? Obviously not, but she was in a marriage and she did tend her side of the marriage. When Matt claims he got the kids up each morning for school, made their lunches, dealt with their fights, made them breakfast, got them into the car and drove them to school every day while Amy swanned in the bedroom sleeping late.

I certainly don't think Matt "did nothing" - I think they had a fairly even division of labor which is why I get annoyed when I see the whole "OMG Amy doesn't deserve ANYTHING! Matt DID ALL THE WORK IN THAT MARRIAGE!" No, he didn't. Yes, he did get the tv show. He also is the dad who got fired from his software job and almost lost the farm repeatedly early in their marriage while Amy tended the kids and yes, worked part time to help out. This is not a family who were millionaires when TLC changed their lives and Amy did her share of the work to allow Matt to have the time to have ideas and dreams. She earned her 50% and she was not a perfect and Matt was not a perfect husband.  

Honestly, at this point, with Caryn's parents now having 375k of Matt's money, I'm genuinely wondering how much of her sexual attraction to Matt revolved around money. 

I mean, Chris is an attractive man and I can't imagine its too hard for him to meet a nice lady. But hardly anyone thinks he enjoys Amy's company or appreciates her and everyone thinks he's all about the money, even though he's really had ample opportunity at this point to talk Amy into all sorts of commitments. She's obviously willing. And folks, he's not sticking around out of hopes of getting the farm - that property screams "complex ownership situation".

I mean, people talk about Caryn and Matt like its perfectly normal for Caryn to want such a catch and talk like Amy is an ugly toad that Chris is pity fucking for money because god knows no sane man would have her. But really, sometimes I wonder what people are seeing in Matt that isn't the $$$. I mean, there's obvious health issues surrounding him, the face is nice but the body is not great, he seems to over power conversations and he gets irritated and grumpy if he does something he doesn't like. He doesn't seem to have any interests that don't revolve around his own projects... if the dollar signs weren't there, would people really find him attractive?

This video further demonstrates that Matt is not a farmer.  Farmers don’t sleep in.

• Love 10

I would LOVE to see Amy set Jeremy's  spoiled, entitled, disrespectful ass in place!  I'm sure she is afraid Jeremy and Audrey will cut her off from Ember but then so be it....it would be temporary... Jeremy and Audrey want that farm.

• Love 9
(edited)

I suppose that Matt could have put his foot down and tried to discipline the boys anyway, but, how does that work when the mother stands defiantly against you, and EVEN JOINS IN with the boys when they would denigrate Matt? 

Well, Matt often smugly notes how resilient he is when he wants something and how when it really matters to him he doesn't let anyone stop him.

He sure has no issue pushing his wife to leave the big house - he WANTS that, to where not only does he constantly raise the issue, he's willing to tell her she's not listening in a very annoyed tone and roll his eyes at her even though he theoretically walks on eggshells around her temper. But raising the boys? Guess Matt didn't give enough of a shit to bother, where putting his foot down was too hard and he wasn't man enough to face "Amy biting his head off". Do keep in mind, I am not shocked giving a shit about raising the kids was much lower on the scale of "What Matt will fight for" than you know, material things. How many times did Matt opine to the camera that "spending time with the family is a waste of my time"? Several times. Also he was on record concerning his marriage that he wanted to go to Hawaii and everyone could go hang until they crapped out some grandbabies for him to bother over.

Really, not buying the "Matt was too beaten down by his horrible wife that all he could do was meekly nod 'yes'm' to her every whim". Matt's been all too public with how when he wants it, he'll bray like an ass and wear down the opposition. Guess the kids know now they mattered less than Matt getting the big house. I mean, Matt was too scared of Amy to fight for *them*, but he'll stand up against Amy's horrible temper if he gets the big house out of it.

If she wants to stay in the house, then SAY SO!  Quit crying "woe is me" and accusing everyone else of wanting to kick you out.  Stick up for your damn self. 

But Amy HAS been very clear that she wants to stay in the big house - is anyone really arguing that she hasn't been clear on this point?

Because she is being excoriated for holding up Matt's plans. She's sticking up for herself and refusing to move and she's that bitch who won't answer Matt. She's that bitch ruining Matt's life by holding him up. If Amy doesn't do what Matt wants, she's that bitch who should live on the street for the rest of her life because crapping out four kids and washing their clothes, feeding them, changing their shitty diapers wasn't enough and will never be enough - she got the big hpuse in the divorce and she's a hateful bitch because she's not agreeing to her ex husband's plans for her home. 

Matt has NO reasonable expectation to even KNOW Amy's plans. They're divorced. She's not married to Matt so she's not his fucking property and it's no longer her wifely duty to say "Yes Matt, you have the penis so only your opinion matters". Matt isn't due ANY response from her because he dumped her for his sidepiece. 

Matt's essential argument over the big house is that he realizes NOW that she got the better deal so now it's unfair and he wants to renegotiate the divorce and Amy has EVERY RIGHT to say no Because MATT is being unreasonable.

And when Amy sticks up for herself she's deemed the hateful and bad tempered bitch but when she's NOT screaming "I DONT WANT TO MOVE" every five minutes, she's also on the hook for being a whiny bitch and accusing Matt of wanting to kick her out when apparently thats no happening.

Edited by Rap541
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Rap541 said:

But Amy HAS been very clear that she wants to stay in the big house - is anyone really arguing that she hasn't been clear on this point?

Not me...and if Matt didn't have Ms. Arizona egging him on with pillowtalk, he might not be so tyrannical about the properties, house, farm, moves, etc.  I want those two (ICK!) lyin' lovebirds to move to Arizona.  Let's see how long that fairytale lasts.  OY, they don't need mistletoe; I almost gagged.

• Love 8
On 6/25/2018 at 9:12 AM, Julia67 said:

She chose to get divorced.

I wouldn't exactly call it a "choice."  Her husband is screwing the help!  Amy is a 50/50 partner in the business, so essentially, SHE is paying some little homewrecker to slip in and out of Matt's office (where Amy is not allowed to have a key) and various "romantic" spots on the properties and "entertain" Matt.  Personally, I think whatever her wage is, she deserves more.  It's obvious Caryn thinks she's the Queen of Roloff Farms and has no respect for Amy.

I don't know all the details of the divorce, but it takes two.

Ahhh...this time it took THREE: Matt, Amy, and Caryn...whose father "just happened" to own that property in Surprise, Arizona, that Caryn suckered Matt into buying.

And I think she's ridiculous with Chris.  She acts like she's 12.

This is hurtful.  I've seen many people...men and women...who were alone after unhappy marriages or loss of a spouse.  When they find someone new that first romance is often giddy.  They were either heartbroken over a lifetime of unhappiness...or heartbroken with grief when they lost a good partner.  I've given the girl a break.

• Love 15