Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, MegD said:

It probably is. But if the divorce agreement just split ownership of the farm 50/50, which is what they've kind of hinted around (and I think was discussed on the show), the money issue could be a big problem. Matt said, in an offhanded way, that he was buying things "for the farm" and using an account that Amy his access to. That tells me that he's not using his own money he's using farm money. I can see Amy being very upset that this junk is being purchased and really hoarded to fulfill Matt's need to have stuff. It's not as if he's collecting things with a specific idea in mind, he's just buying stuff that interests him in the moment. If it was my money, I'd be pissed.

I hope that she is paying as much attention to the books as she is her pool parties. It is critical that she keep an eye on the money before it gets frittered away on the hoard.

• Love 3

So the end of the world comes, an alarm sounds. Everyone that knows the alarm has 15 minutes to get to "the box". 2 people live on the property. One has to be there to sound the alarm (cow bell). Unless it's being filmed, I don't see that working well. 

I am willing to allow the "alarm" was strictly for the drill. I mean, realistically, there are so many problems with the safety box, I don't even know where to begin. For starters, it's not hidden at all, it's big blue storage container at the edge of a wooded area. It is - despite Jeremy's protests, completely above ground and uncamoflaged.  Any crisis that would necessitate abandoning both houses and the various barns would more than likely also necessitate not living fifty yards away in the safety box. While it would make sense for Zach and Tory to "bug out" to the farm as they live in Portland, it makes NO SENSE for Jeremy and Audrey to leave Bend and head to the suburbs of Portland. That's me thinking for just five minutes.

How many days were there after the planning meeting putting Amy in charge of food? It was for one night, for goodness sakes and that's what she came up with? And no utensils? And she wants to run a B&B?

It was production driven along with a healthy dose of "I really don't give a fuck". There is really nothing to film if Amy shows up with everything requested. And I think there's a point where just because she has an interest in running a bed and breakfast, it doesn't necessarily mean she's all about establishing a grand evening of high cuisine in her ex husband's stupid as hell playfort.

And if we're going to take their stated goals so seriously, then let's talk about Matt's view that they would be eating salami and brie cheese, that salami and brie cheese are survival items and also, that a man who can barely walk really needed to have a custom made ghilly suit done up for him so he can pretend he's a fucking sniper. And since Matt is oh so serious about personal safety, how about he do more than laugh at Jeremy's asinine boobytrap that would do nothing but alert the enemy that they were there. Way to get the family killed, Jer Bear!

I hope that she is paying as much attention to the books as she is her pool parties. It is critical that she keep an eye on the money before it gets frittered away on the hoard.

I really hope so - as much as the "Matt spends too much" felt totally production driven, its still something she should keep an eye on. I thought it was production driven because it was way too obvious that the scenes on the farm were totally staged. That doesn't mean Matt wasn't spending stupidly - I really liked the new throne chair, for example, and yet, no matter what a deal he got on it - the old throne chair was still there, still quite nice, and the new throne was only going to be seen by the people who do the special tours so why bother spending the money? And it won't stay nice sitting in a fairly open to the weather building.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, ZoloftBlob said:

I am willing to allow the "alarm" was strictly for the drill. I mean, realistically, there are so many problems with the safety box, I don't even know where to begin. For starters, it's not hidden at all, it's big blue storage container at the edge of a wooded area. It is - despite Jeremy's protests, completely above ground and uncamoflaged.  Any crisis that would necessitate abandoning both houses and the various barns would more than likely also necessitate not living fifty yards away in the safety box. While it would make sense for Zach and Tory to "bug out" to the farm as they live in Portland, it makes NO SENSE for Jeremy and Audrey to leave Bend and head to the suburbs of Portland. That's me thinking for just five minutes.

It was production driven along with a healthy dose of "I really don't give a fuck". There is really nothing to film if Amy shows up with everything requested. And I think there's a point where just because she has an interest in running a bed and breakfast, it doesn't necessarily mean she's all about establishing a grand evening of high cuisine in her ex husband's stupid as hell playfort.

And if we're going to take their stated goals so seriously, then let's talk about Matt's view that they would be eating salami and brie cheese, that salami and brie cheese are survival items and also, that a man who can barely walk really needed to have a custom made ghilly suit done up for him so he can pretend he's a fucking sniper. And since Matt is oh so serious about personal safety, how about he do more than laugh at Jeremy's asinine boobytrap that would do nothing but alert the enemy that they were there. Way to get the family killed, Jer Bear!

I really hope so - as much as the "Matt spends too much" felt totally production driven, its still something she should keep an eye on. I thought it was production driven because it was way too obvious that the scenes on the farm were totally staged. That doesn't mean Matt wasn't spending stupidly - I really liked the new throne chair, for example, and yet, no matter what a deal he got on it - the old throne chair was still there, still quite nice, and the new throne was only going to be seen by the people who do the special tours so why bother spending the money? And it won't stay nice sitting in a fairly open to the weather building.

The old throne chair was perfect for that area of the farm. But the other crap in the barn - not exactly cool junque. Jeremy and the Mrs. are going to end up curating an awesome yardsale to monetize their inheritance

• Love 1

I have a question about Zack/Tori's new deck. Maybe you guys can help me out. The way Zack/Tori were talking it was as if Zack put up the new deck himself, but I saw workers out there putting it up 

I think Zach was kind of proud of himself that he took care of it himself instead of calling Daddy.  (And I'm sure Matt wasn't too happy about that.)  A few years ago I never would have dreamed that Zach would turn out to be the responsible adult that he is.  

I really wish Amy and Matt didn't both live on the farm.  Amy could really blossom if she wasn't on his radar all the time.  

• Love 5

I totally agree - the glamping or whatever was clearly production led and no one made any money and in order to actually run a campground or a b&b there would need to be some county oversight... But like the storage locker nonsense (and did anyone question Matt how much the storage locker cost? All the crap that got loaded into the storage locker? The ghillie suit for Matt, the flight suit for Zach?) it was on camera so TLC paid for it.

That said, Amy usually doesn't question Matt's purchases, and Matt usually does treat us to lectures on how stupid Amy is, how stupid her ideas are, how he thinks its a colossal waste of money and basically how he'll be left picking up her mess because she's so god damn stupid and wastefully indulgent. So I wonder at her being more inclined to dish it back.

• Love 5

I'm going to apologize ahead for what I'm about to say, it's not pc, I'm reserving my place in hell. Matt in a ghilly suit is absolutely ridiculous, isn't it intended to camouflage a person? How inconspicuous can he be with his crutches and his gait? Is there extra fabric (or whatever it is they use) for his crutches? Once he's in place sure he'd be ok I guess, but the fact that he can't move fast or truly sneak around I don't get the purpose. I know it's not cool to say someone with physical conditions can't do something, but I feel like this is a limitation you can't really deny.

• Love 1

The auction was totally producer driven, if not , and Matt was going to the auction every week for years and years (yeah right), why have we not heard about it until now?

Fake.

• Love 2

I can easily see Matt choosing the auction over spending time with his family.  I would bet that he is a regular when he's in town. I hope Amy has the cost of the junk taken out of his part of the farm profit or charged against his owners equity.

Re. Matt's super awesome, must have auction finds...what a bunch of junk.  None of that looked like real antiques, just a lot of reproductions.  The so called "throne" was never from some medieval castle in Merry Old England.  Ye Olde Spinning Wheel was probably made in 1975 for a bicentennial celebration.  And why for the love of god do they need stacks and stacks and stacks of mismatched chairs?  There had to be dozens of different style (modern) stackable chairs in Matt's hoarder lair  barn.  I thought the wedding biz wasn't a real operation? And if it is a real business, wouldn't most couples want matching chairs for their guests?  I can see the 'Shabby Chic' of mix n match chairs and wooden tables, but usually the items for that look come from the same decade.  

• Love 3

Matt in a ghilly suit is absolutely ridiculous, isn't it intended to camouflage a person? How inconspicuous can he be with his crutches and his gait? Is there extra fabric (or whatever it is they use) for his crutches? Once he's in place sure he'd be ok I guess, but the fact that he can't move fast or truly sneak around I don't get the purpose.

He wanted to make a scene for the cameras and TLC was paying. I mean really, from an actual "survival" standpoint, did Zach really need a flight suit? He at least acknowledged it was mostly to look cool for Tory and that he was just shocked they had his size. This entire episode had no basis in reality at all. I would be genuinely surprised to hear that the storage container was even still on the property.

None of that looked like real antiques, just a lot of reproductions.  The so called "throne" was never from some medieval castle in Merry Old England.

I actually thought the throne chair was some special order purchase. I didn't see anything that looked like a lucky find and the way all the stuff was getting stuffed into the barn and hidden, anything nice isn't likely to stay nice.

I admit to a certain curiosity about Roloff Farms, about just how much junk is literally lying in piles everywhere.

• Love 2

Couple things I noticed. I could of heard wrong, but when Amy was bringing up her kids, she said Jer, Zach, Molly...and? It seemed like she almost said his name and stopped herself. Did Jake tell his family not to even mention his name now? 

Matt, you have 4 kids. Why are you only going to build a house for Jeremy on your farm...connected to your garage? Later he mentioned all the kids, but still. 

Chris not making it to the party seems interesting. This is a pretty big leap. But a birthday is a pretty big deal. At least to Amy. I never threw myself a party. I'm kinda going back to when I was dating men I really liked (and I *think* they liked me equally well). If I was having a big birthday bash with couples invited, I would want him there for sure. If he had a wedding that was important, either he or I would suggest making the boat ride maybe the day after the wedding or the previous/following weekend. Again, maybe I'm just taking to big of a leap.

Speaking if Chris, he's kind of attractive and from what I've  seen he had a nice personality (the other guy from painting was annoying!), so why isn't he married. Or ever been married? Not to be mean, but he's saying that he hasn't met the right one. His standards must be very high...so why is he with Amy? My mom always said if a guy isn't married by his 30's, there is a reason. That said, I still like Chris on the show. I hope he becomes a fixture. 

• Love 2

Jeremy is the worst. He and his wife need to get real jobs and get their hands out of Mom and Dads pockets. 

Matt may expect Jeremy and the Mrs to replay him for handing oiver the farm by taking care if him hence the attached housing. I wouldn't let those two babysit my cat. 

• Love 1

I can get on board with Matt wanting his own little-person-friendly house, but why does it have to be a "compound"? I loved when Zach was like "yeah, we're good on our own." Jer and Auj want the big house--sans Amy--for free. I hope Chris is for real because Amy is so excited about him. I'd feel bad if he was just using her.

• Love 2

What is it with Jeremy and the constant zombie stare? When he was talking to Amy in the kitchen he looked like he was going to fall asleep. He talks and moves in slow motion it seems, I find it hard to watch. He was never a very animated person, but since he married Audrey he seems downright sedated.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, thebalconyfool said:

What is it with Jeremy and the constant zombie stare? When he was talking to Amy in the kitchen he looked like he was going to fall asleep. He talks and moves in slow motion it seems, I find it hard to watch. He was never a very animated person, but since he married Audrey he seems downright sedated.

They seem like stoners to me but it just may be the laziness coupled with the low intellect. 

• Love 7
On 1/2/2017 at 9:40 AM, ZoloftBlob said:

Oh I could buy the auction being something he does that we haven't seen before. I doubt he's there EVERY week but I could see it. Its the sort of activity that would appeal to him.

I think he would have bragged about all the cool shit he buys by now.

On January 2, 2017 at 10:34 AM, Willowsmom said:

I can easily see Matt choosing the auction over spending time with his family.  I would bet that he is a regular when he's in town. I hope Amy has the cost of the junk taken out of his part of the farm profit or charged against his owners equity.

This deep interest in his kids and sitting in a rocking chair telling grandchildren stories does not fly with me. 

I have watched this family before it was a series and he didn't show up for a lot off their life. Amy was the constant. So yeah Jeremy if she isn't down stairs reading when you are visiting that's the mishaps. It's her turn and she need not clear it with you and your phony little wifey. What balls his parents are taking up the two buildings on his farm.  I thought family at funerals / deaths can be vultures these two take the cake. 

• Love 6

I thought family at funerals / deaths can be vultures these two take the cake

Honestly, the very fact that these  two have no concept of how bad they look irritates me.

Auj? Jer? Do you both understand that you've been married now long enough, and are both officially educated enough and in enough of a place financially that, compared to millions of couples in your age range that its actually really fucking pathetic that you're celebrating your second wedding anniversary by debating how you will kick Jeremy's mom to the curb out of her own home?

Auj? You need to shut your mouth except to say "Jeremy, be a man and provide me a home with your own labor". You want to insist on Christian values, well stand up like a Christian to your man and espouse that Christian value. Your *husband* - and NOT your inlaws - should provide you and your possible children with a home. Jeremy is close to 27 years old and if we're gonna play Christian man games, then it's time for your little bitch boy to stop playing, put his shoulder to the wheel and *work* to provide you with what you want. It is not Amy or Matt Roloff's job to provide you with a home.

Jer? (and Auj?) You want privacy in your home and don't want Mom bringing her man friends around? Be a fucking man, man up, and earn yourself your own home instead of bitching about how you don't like how your mama lives but you can't have the life you want without depending on her charity in allowing you to move back into your childhood home. If you're such a failure of  a man that you can't provide and have to move in with your mom, your only words to your mom should be "yes Mom, it's your house, not mine". Because she has no moral or legal obligation to allow two adults who have no physical or mental disabilities to move in without an expectation of being paid rent. I mean for fucking real, the older Jeremy gets, the more he ends up being a sad little loser bitch.

• Love 23

So do you think Jerk & Odd's plans to de-Amyfy the big house include making her help (i.e. pay for the) re-design the kitchen for their height before making her roll up her sleeping bag to live the rest of her years "glamping" in the covered bridge? 

WTF was all of that conversation about Jerk & Odd and their future insufferable baby having to live in the house with Amy?  "What if we're upstairs, and your mom keeps partying?  We are going to have to establish boundaries!"  Guess what, hipster doofuses? There are boundaries already in place; they are called "property lines"...not your property, not your problem.  Get your own effing house!  Matt's all ready to build a freakin' compound a la the Kennedy's in Hyannisport.  He has plans to build those two a FREE house, but they turn their noses up at that idea?  Brand new free house vs. kicking your mother out of a home she raised you fools in, and has been customized to suit her physical needs and her aesthetic...hmmm??? What to do, what to do??? Choices are so hard! Almost as tough as loving your mom enough to ask the hard questions...while you plot how to kick her out of her own home.

And did I see correctly that Jerk gave Odd a branding iron as a wedding gift?  Nothing says "chattel" like searing your trademark on your possessions loved ones!  She's getting a leather 3 ring binder every anniversary for the next quarter century? I foresee a book shelf stacked with dusty leather binders/albums in what was once Amy's living room.  They will reflect Jerk & Odd's relationship...empty and devoid of poignancy.

As for Matt rocking in a chair, weaving tales of enchantment to the next generation...bullshit.  The second one of the grand-kids interrupts, shows disinterest or changes topic from the Great and Powerful Roloff "Book of Glorious Deeds Done Despite All the Odds Against ME", Matt will get pissed and stomp off to go sit with his true loves...the pumpkins.

Edited by BusyOctober
punctuation is necessary
  • Love 10

Many years ago, we moved from California back to my home state (MD).  We stayed with my mother and her "husband" for a few weeks.  It would never have crossed our minds to set THEIR boundaries for living in their own house.

Wow.  J&A really are insufferable spoiled brats, aren't they?  They think they sound so mature, using fancy terms like "setting boundaries"; they are actually just making most REAL people laugh at them.

• Love 8

The brand was actually one of the gimmicks of the Roloff Wedding episodes - couples who married on the farm were always gifted with a custom made brand. The leather three ring binder for the journals they keep where they answer each others questions is all part of their pretentious way of life. To be fair, Amy lives in a ridiculously big house for one person and if Jer and Auj were in legitimate need of a place to live, I'd be surprised if Amy didn't offer. But they are both grown adults with a pretty reasonable income from the show. If Bend isn't to their liking, then they have the means and opportunity to get a place closer to Portland. And if they DON'T have the means to do what Zach and Tory did - buy a home in the Portland area - then its time to start looking at their finances and their financial choices. The show makes them a nice living, there's no denying it so if they can't afford their own home, that's on them. It's not Amy or Matt's responsibility to magically gift Jeremy and Auj with a place to live and considering we never ever EVER hear "maybe we should get our own place" from these two, the entitlement is pretty sad.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, ZoloftBlob said:

Auj? You need to shut your mouth except to say "Jeremy, be a man and provide me a home with your own labor".

Jeremy should look to his brother, Zack, as an example of how to act like an adult. It appears that Zack and Tori want no part of living on the farm, preferring instead to be independent and make their own way. While Audj was practicing hair-curling tips to show off to her adoring public, Tori was likely preparing lesson plans for her Kindergarten class. Someone should remind Jer and Auj-Ball that being married for only 730 days does not make them relationship experts, and certainly gives them no authority to tell others how to run their lives.

Edited by ThinkerBell
These idiots annoy me so much, I can't see straight.
  • Love 16

OK, I'd have to go look, but wasn't Amy given the house in the divorce. Matt, Amy doesn't have to pay for you to build your mini-mansion (and was it just me or was that rendering showing Matt's home as 2 stories?). Amy could SELL or gift you her interest in that section of the property. It would involve drafting a deed where that parcel is cut back out. You'd have to pay the property taxes and utilities on that as your home instead of letting everything funnel through the farm (and I'm willing to bet the DW has all utilities covered by the business). I've done this for my parents when they built their retirement home on what was the family summer vacation property. We split the property (which already contained one very old camp house which was being kept for all my extended family to stay in) in two and now have 2 property bills, 2 water bills, 2 sewer bills and 2 electric bills. They even technically have 2 addresses (original and original A) although there is still one driveway and no physical mailbox. It took me all of 5 minutes to draft, have them sign and notarize. It then took 10 minutes at the courthouse to record it. No muss, no fuss.

Jerk, Odd, I'm currently living with my parents at 37 after living on my own since I was 25 because the job market sucks. I appreciate everything they are able to do for me. I may not like that they go to bed at 9 and expect me to as well. I understand that they don't want certain friends of mine to come over at times because the house is a mess or they just really can't stand them and don't want to be around them. I respect that they occasionally ask that I clear out while they entertain. I cook without being asked and pitch in on the chores. There are boundaries, my parents, that I respect. In exchange, they respect that my bed may not get made or if I'm late to court, I may leave dishes in the sink. They don't say a word when my "weird" food choices appear in the kitchen. They stay out of the way if I go out on a date (because "hey, wanna come meet my parents" is a mood killer). As you are now grown adults, your responsibility is to understand their boundaries and fit your around them if you are going to live with them. If you live 3 hours away and want to only wear purple and spend way more than you make hoarding man-bun accessories, they really can't say anything. But under their roof, you respect what they lay out, even if it means you have to restrict your man-bun accessories to your areas.

• Love 7

I suspect part of the problem is that Matt wants to use "farm" property for his personal use, and likely wants some sort of expensive custom cabin - his issue with the double wide has very little to do with how he is *desperate* to have a special home where his every need as a little person is completely compensated for - even the big house didn't do that. Matt just doesn't like being Matt Roloff who lives in a trailer. He's even said that on the show that he feels at his age he shouldn't have to live in a trailer because he's accomplished so much. Amy may balk simply at the sticker - Matt insisted on the doublewide to begin with and that was probably about 60k and he insisted on it because he wanted a bolt hole to bolt to when he left the wife. Amy is many things... but she's not an idiot. The DW and Matt insisting on purchasing it was Matt setting up to walk out on his marriage. I do wonder if the bigger issue is the local zoning laws. Matt's "compound" idea might not be ok, I seem to recall something about the laws in the area being against cutting up small farms into housing developments. On a different topic, Jer and Auj really need to learn how to not appear so spoiled and entitled on tv. I'm getting a little tired of hearing two grown adults whine publically over how when they're done playing in Bend, they expect Mama to hand them the McMansion and Mama needs to understand Jer and Auj are now gonna set the house rules for Mama! Personally - and this will NEVER happen - I'd really love to see Jer and Auj seriously sat down by Matt and Amy and be told that if they want to raise their precious babies on the farm, they will need to... actually purchase the farm from Mom and Dad.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, MegD said:

Amy could SELL or gift you her interest in that section of the property. It would involve drafting a deed where that parcel is cut back out.

Oregon land-use law may prohibit parcels smaller than x-number of acres in that area of Washington County; the Roloffs couldn't partition their place even if they wanted to. 

Further, there is probably a restriction on how much new construction they can do on that property—restrictions adopted to protect the area against people just like Matt Roloff and ticky-tacky developments and strip malls built over a long weekend.

Matt could simply remodel the manufactured house to meet his needs, much as he did when he remodeled the big house, for a lot less money. Building permits would be no problem for that.

• Love 3

Jeremy & Audrey were INSUFFERABLE, as usual.

Poor widdle Matt pouting about having to give the dream home HE BUILT to Amy in the divorce.  I'd wager it was built with funds from pimping out his wife and 4 kids to reality TV, and that it was awarded to Amy because he wouldn't let go of something else.  Then he pouts that Amy will never let him have his dream compound.  Heh - not if he's expecting her to pay for some or most of it.

• Love 9

After hearing Audrey say last night "we will have to set boundaries" I knew that I couldn't wait to read the comments on this (and on another blog) this morning!

Oh, the entertainment!

Sheesh Jer and Audj get over yourselves! 

• Love 13

I was struck by "where" Matt wanted his house built. There are no trees or even bushes anywhere near it. I did notice that it seemed to have a view of the church which is nice.

I just wondered why, with all the trees around, he didn't select a site on the boundary of the "forest". I put that in quotes because where I live it would be called "woods". Just a cultural thing, I guess. Back to my point, wouldn't most anyone else want maybe a little tree boundary a few feet in back or to the side? Or I'll even go so far as wanting to clear a spot and be surrounded by the trees. It could just be me and what I would want.

I know its redundant...but I'm chiming in anyway:  Really Audrey and Jeremy! What entitled nonsense!  I hope your Mom DOES establish boundaries....perhaps a little tent on the property would be a good place for you to get started.  These two are absolutely insufferable.  Get the hook!

• Love 11

Finally got around to watching. Wow looks like TLC is giving in to the hate watchers and giving the golden hipster couple a horrible edit this season. I don't know what was worse, judging Amy for dating vs courting (who the hell outside of Duggar circles even speaks like that?!) or broadcasting their plans to kick mom out and steal the spotlight from Zach and Tori with the promises of babies for the upcoming year. Just when I thought I couldn't dislike them anymore. Honestly it's getting to the point where I don't even want to watch the show just to not contribute to their lazy lifestyle...but I know I'll be back next week and I kind of hate myself for it. 

Newsflash to Jerk and Oddj, the show is called LITTLE people, big world, you two are nothing but obnoxious accessories. Everyone is tuning in to see Matt, Amy and Zach. No one cares how you guys style that rats nest of hair or how "intentional" your knockoff marriage is.

Looks like next week will be the baby announcement so hopefully we won't have to deal with their smug mugs on tv. 

On the other hand, I cannot get over how much Zach has matured lately. Married life and Tori have done him good, this cannot be said enough. I actually look forward to seeing him as a dad. I hope Tori doesn't go the Duggar route and film the entire birth though. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, fuzzylollipop said:

Newsflash to Jerk and Oddj, the show is called LITTLE people, big world, you two are nothing but obnoxious accessories. Everyone is tuning in to see Matt, Amy and Zach. No one cares how you guys style that rats nest of hair or how "intentional" your knockoff marriage is.

They'll probably want to change the name of the show, as they see themselves as BIG people in their LITTLE world.

• Love 6

Yeah I don't think Zach and  Jeremy are really on  the same page about mom. I'm sure it's uncomfortable a tad but like he said he was around and talked to her a lot.  He knows his dad is a turd.  Too bad Jer mom is  not courting maybe she's getting laid. Chew on that punk.   He doesn't want her to make a mistake that she will regret?  Like what have Chris move in a take over pumpkin season ? What awful shameful thing could she do? 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, spankydoll said:

They seem like stoners to me but it just may be the laziness coupled with the low intellect. 

Definitely stoners. 

Amy- I'm getting so tired of her friends telling her it's all about her now, she's doing great on her own, she's making her own choices, she needs to put herself first, blah, blah. She's not the first person to get a divorce and as far as I can see she has it made. Gorgeous house in a beautiful setting, no financial worries, and plenty of time to "find herself" so shut up about it, already. That rainy birthday boat adventure looked like hell to me. Nothing worse than being trapped on a boat in awful weather. They all looked miserable, once again talking all about Amy. She needs to get over herself.

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 5

I find Jeremy and his wife so irritating. Amy is a grown woman and her kids no longer need her to be a full-time parent. Why can't she meet a guy or two and have fun? Her marriage was miserable for many years and she can finally breathe.  She seemed genuinely happy when she talked about Chris. And honestly, I'm really not bothered by the fact that he's never been married and doesn't have kids. That doesn't mean he wouldn't be a good partner to Amy. Some people don't envision marriage for themselves and that's okay. Maybe Amy doesn't want to get married again, anyway.  Zach's comment about Chris being "peculiar" rubbed me the wrong way.

It's funny that in general, Zach has grown up so much and Jeremy is still acting like a moping teenager.

• Love 7

I'm really not bothered by the fact that he's never been married and doesn't have kids.

Neither am I and really, that should please the Roloff kids as well. No step brothers or sisters to live on the farm, god can you imagine Amy hooking up with a guy who has a couple of kids between 10-18? Jeremy would straight up die if they were allowed to play on his playground. You know, where he wants to raise *his* kids.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, ZoloftBlob said:

Neither am I and really, that should please the Roloff kids as well. No step brothers or sisters to live on the farm, god can you imagine Amy hooking up with a guy who has a couple of kids between 10-18? Jeremy would straight up die if they were allowed to play on his playground. You know, where he wants to raise *his* kids.

Omg, never even thought of that! Can you imagine? He would have a complete meltdown at the thought of having to share his land, his mother or anything of "his" with any man Amy becomes seriously involved with. He should count his blessings that Chris has no kids, because the chances of her meeting another man without kids is not likely.  

• Love 5

Yeah, Amy is totally in the age range where she could hook up with a guy who has teenage kids.  She's fifty-ish and dating fifty-ish men.  A guy who had kids in his late 30's or 40's could easily have kids that would be coming around.  LOL that would be so awesome to watch Jerk deal with.

What I cannot deal with are those two twits talking about the boundaries that would need to be established if they were living IN AMY'S HOUSE.  Hey you two leeches, any boundaries established are going to be put into place by the Mistress of the Manor, not the damn guests.  If her lifestyle is a problem for you, I suggest you investigate the lodging available down the driveway in the double-wide. The friggin' nerve of those two! 

Amy seriously needs to nip the know-it-all, condescending lectures Jeremy is giving her in the bud and do it fast before it becomes and established pattern with him.  She's a grown ass woman and she knows more about relationships than her smug ass son ever will.  She is being way too patient and indulgent with him, letting him tell her about life and the risks she is facing and ... ugh, I just can't stand watching it!  Zach employs an entirely different vocabulary when he talks to Amy or about what she is doing.  He's supportive and encouraging and realistic.  But Jeremy is just disgusted and judgmental and negative. He's just plain toxic.  Hell even Matt is making an effort to be positive about things.  But that Jeremy is just infuriating to listen to.  I cannot WAIT for this all to blow up in his face somehow.  

• Love 12
  • Too bad Jer mom is  not courting maybe she's getting laid. Chew on that punk.   He doesn't want her to make a mistake that she will regret?  Like what have Chris move in a take over pumpkin season ? What awful shameful thing could she do? 

So what you want to remember is that Jeremy and Auj in some respects really have a hard on for Jesus. I mean, they won't be doing anything hard - fuck, Jeremy and Auj don't actually belong to a church, and Audrey clearly doesn't believe in modest dress or that sex is solely for procreating. But Jer and Auj really really do believe that married people should always remember that they vowed to *God* to marry and you're married, that's it. If it breaks you fix it, you don't throw it away, oh dear Jesus, marriage is a battle !

The shameful thing Amy could do? Is have sex with some guy that isn't Matt Roloff. It isn't subtle at all that Jeremy and Audrey seem to view Matt and Amy as a challenge to their views. In fact I think its pretty clear Jeremy really wants them back together and also seems to realize it will need to involve Amy bending as Matt won't. (and Jer clearly isn't man enough to confront his daddy.

Amy will get tired of it eventually and Jeremy might want to watch it - his whole little routine with Audrey probably will remind Amy of Matt and part of why Amy seems so happy is that she doesn't have Matt in the house bitching and griping and not letting her do anything.

Celia - I do think it will blow up in Jeremy's face but I doubt it will be on camera. I am still genuinely amused that no one will question Jeremy on how he plans to provide for his parents if he assumes control of the farm. I also begin to suspect that the "we need to move back to the farm" time is increasing because Jeremy probably spent the bulk of his earnings on his degree and living in a nice rental in Bend while not earning any money but show money just might be starting to be an issue.

• Love 4