Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Sissy That Walk

• Start Topic

(edited)

I love how she went out on another cliche she got from the internet. I mean, really?

Oh, and when Courtney said something like, "The next drag superstar has to have heart, and real warmth...." and then said she didn't get that from Bianca, it was like.... Oh, Courtney. Just, no.

Edited by Nerdlove
  • Love 2

I think this is the first season that I didn't hate one of the final four.  I was sorry to see Darienne go, but there was no way Ru was going to let go of the "Australian RuPaul."  I can't believe that's true, but I guess that's what they are going with.  Is she really that big a deal?

I've been rooting for Adore all season. I appreciate the Azusa connection. But I think this is Bianca's to lose.

I'm still Team Bianca but if Adore is crowned (and I don't mind her most of the time) I may throw something at the tv.

Darienne's performance as Sissy especially the last half or so was so OTT it was perfect. And Ru as Charles was Fab-u-lous. I gotta say that Darienne sashaying away as only a diva would made me LOL.

• Love 2

I said this in the recap, but at this point I am just going to accept that RuPaul is never letting a big queen into the Top 3.  I liked Darienne Lake quite a bit (probably my favorite after Bianca Del Rio), and her performance this week wasn't elimination-worthy.  But whatevs.

I honestly think the title is going to Courtney Act, if only because Bianca's prior RuPaul connection would cause another mini-scandal if Bianca won.  Really, I cannot complain about any of them winning it though (hell, I wouldn't complain about any of the top 6 winning - exceptionally strong group of queens this season).  Looking forward to the finale.

I honestly think the title is going to Courtney Act, if only because Bianca's prior RuPaul connection would cause another mini-scandal if Bianca won.

Hmm, really? I think there will be *far* more backlash if Courtney wins. I'm not sure the fandom is aware of Bianca having a 'connection' to RuPaul other than what other top tier professional queen would have, I wasn't until your post. I mean, unless you mean the fact that she works with Lady Bunny? But anyway, #teambiancadelrio was apparently trending *worldwide* on twitter last night, at least briefly. I think Adore is the more likely stealth winner, although I personally don't believe it'll happen after Ru called her a 'kid' at their lunch. 

Courtney just does. not. get. it. She thinks the competition is merely about talent and has seemingly not heard every other thing out of Ru's mouth about loving yourself, heart, sisterhood. The winner isn't going to be the most polished, she's going to be the most genuine.

I honestly think the title is going to Courtney Act, if only because Bianca's prior RuPaul connection would cause another mini-scandal if Bianca won. 

I'm not sure to what you are referring, but I think at this point in the series, it would be hard for them to find worthy contestants that didn't have some connection to RuPaul. I'm not well-versed in the stats on drag queens, but I certainly don't think the number is so large that 13 contestants worth their salt could be found that weren't well-known or connected to RuPaul in some fashion.

• Love 1

A lot of people are saying that it was top 4 by accident, b/c Ru kept Ben and Darienne both in that one lip sync, but I think maybe it was the tentative plan all along. With the new scheme of not revealing the winner until the finale/reunion, the penultimate episode didn't have an elimination in it. This way, there was a bit more drama to this episode.

And it seems obvious in retrospect, but of course we didn't have a pad-the-season-Rucap -- we had two "episode 1"s instead.

I think Ru just wants to change it up a bit each time, to keep them on their toes. Typically Snatch Game is at F9, this time it was at F10. The makeover is usually at F5. And some seasons they bring someone back, and wasn't there one season where there was a double elim and then a double save? There will be a RuCap - Countdown to the Crown is in the usual timeslot on Monday, followed by the 21 1/2 Moments that Made Us Gag special.

I like all four, and I think I would have kept Darienne. Courtney is very talented, but other than the wings look and the Klaus Nomi look never really wowed me on the runway, and didn't really have any of the breakthroughs that the others did. Darienne had the worst stats of the four though, so it was a valid decision. For once there isn't an obvious, odious "villain" in the final 3, so I can at least not worry that the universe has shifted and somehow a PhiPhi or Roxxxy is going to get crowned.

• Love 1

Ohh.... next Monday's the RuCap? blame it on the painkillers, ya'll, I missed that.  And man, I downloaded that stupid Logo App just to watch that special and now they're going to air it anyway....? Of course they are. I should have known. Sigh.

Is it just me or is last night's Untucked not available for download? (I went to bed after the regular episode). For me, the episode was a major let down. None of the runway looks were inspired, but the same old, same old. And the lipsync was so boring (from what little I saw considering they cut to each person so quickly). Defintely a let down since I think this has been one of the most talented seasons. But really, none of the runway looks (MAYBE Courtney's wing enselmble) were amazing or even in the same realm of runway looks by Raja, Sharon Needles, etc

This was a pretty "Meh" espidoe for me...  I feel the same about the top three as well.

Courtney - Definitely riding on pretty and her accolades of being Australia's Ru - just blah

Adore - Typical young queen that can't go more than two sentences without an f-bomb - She did step it up since the season started

Bianca - She's good, very good, but it's like groundhog day over and over, similar looks, typical comebacks, nothing is "wowing" me from her anymore

And then poor Darienne...  Just when she gets a good edit that makes me want to like her.... *poof* she has to sashay away....

I found that episode to be really, really satisfying. I have been waiting to see Darienne go home since around episode three. She did go out on a high note though, and I think she may have outperformed pretty much everyone on that challenge. 

I *HATED* that four way lip sync. It just came across as a giant clusterfuck. 

• Love 5

For me, Darienne was the least villainy villain this show has had. Early on, I thought Gia/LaGanja were candidates for the PhiPhi/Roxxxy "villain you love to hate makes the final 3" slot, but Gia just wasn't that good, and LaGanja flamed out early and spectacularly. Sure Darienne threw shade and was snippy, but when she was called on it, instead of digging in and doubling down under the guise of "being real," she blamed it on low blood sugar and sank back into the couch cushions. I do think she worked hard and did well in the performance challenges, and I really liked her elephant look, but other than her lipsync skills she just wasn't quite up to the level of the others on any given day, and definitely didn't deserve to stay over Ben.

Boy howdy, will I be glad to see the back end of this season! It's almost as if the season kind of peaked a couple of episodes (or more) ago. I mean even with the 'Ball' create-three-looks challenge there was something just going through the motions about it. Maybe it's also that they are repeating so many of the challenges (with sometimes a little twist) and would do well to shake thinks up a bit (or a lot) for Season 7.

I found this episode kind of on the dullsville side. Even though I've never been a Darienne fan her elimination at this point was sort of "yeah, whatever, bye girt". Now, if Roxxxy or PhiPhi had been eliminated in the top 4 I would have been positively squealing with joy. I guess this just proves my point in feeling that I'm done with this, ultimately, lackluster season. It's not even so much this particular bunch of queens (although that's part of it) but there was just something 'off' about this season. Kind of going through the motions and running a bit on fumes.

That said, I do hope at least Bianca wins but those who are prediction that it will be Adore ... well, I can't really argue with that as I think if Ru had her druthers she would for sure crown her (a la Tyra Sanchez). I think the fact that the public has a say (of sorts) via social media influences Ru's choice and I may be wrong about this but I'm fairly sure that Bianca is the clear fave via online 'votes'.

As far as the online rumors

of Ben DeLaCreme winning Miss Congeniality? Boo-urns, I say! I like Ben fine but I really feel it should have been Joslyn Fox. If it wasn't for Ben's 'shocking' (yeah, not so much) elimination just as voting for Miss Congeniality was to begin I think Josyln would have won in a landslide. Oh, well.

• Love 1

would do well to shake thinks up a bit (or a lot) for Season 7.

I heartily but respectfully disagree! I think an insistence on shaking things up is one of the things that made America's Next Top Model descend into circus territory. Some things work, and there's no reason to throw them out just for the sake of it (see the decision not to do Snatch Game in All Stars).

I think what made this season lose a bit of steam in the end was:

a) the fact that the first half was so deliriously good that it made some of the more mediocre later challenges just look stupid,

b) the most entertaining contestants mostly chose to play it safe with their outfits, so there was no 'wow' moment on the runway once Trinity left (Courtney gave us a few 'huh, okay' moments).

So I'm all for keeping the ball, snatch game, and a musical in upcoming seasons, as long as they can better distribute look challenges with performance challenges, and as long as appearance on the runway returns to having some weight. They can ditch or drastically rework the makeover challenge for all I care, though.

• Love 4

Adding this episode to the WTF eliminations. As someone who was never on the Darienne train, I am amazed that she sashayed while Blandly Blonde Courtney, who was outperformed during every aspect of this challenge gets to stay. I still say that Bianca is the only one who should be crowned, but Ru does seem to be fascinated with Adore and Coutrney for reasons known only to her. I can tolerate, but not like an Adore win. A Courtney win is just a no.

• Love 1

Reporting in from Tumblr, Adore has a bit of a lead on Bianca -- about 17,000 to 15,000, with Courtney trailing far far behind at about 1,500 -- but Tumblr is the Land of the Young, so things may look different on the Facebook and Twitter fronts.

• Useful 1

Reporting in from Tumblr, Adore has a bit of a lead on Bianca -- about 17,000 to 15,000

Jeepers, I don't know why, exactly, but that really surprises me. i figured Adore would be a fairly strong second place but I never thought she'd be in the lead in any poll. What is most surprising is that Bianca has clearly (IMO) been given the 'winners edit' and it would seem positively head scratching (at the least) for her not to win at this point.

Again, online dish:

If it's true that they filmed a possible "It's a tie!" ending between Bianca and Adore I can only think they did so to keep folks talking/wondering about the finale when it has seemed so obvious for some time that Bianca was going to win (kind of like Season 3 and Raja). Although I can see Ru possibly doing this and it would harken back to her role as Rachel Tensions in 'To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar' (a film I have virtually memorized) when she announces Vida Boheme and Noxeema Jackson as the winners of the New York's Drag Queen of the Year. Oh God, can you imagine Bianca's face if this does happen?

I think I'm actually rooting for Adore at this point. Bianca's more polished, but I might enjoy Adore more.

And I think ti's important to remember that this is a show that responds to public reaction. Bianca got her edit before the online voting.

(edited)

Adore winning makes sense, as she will be the first singing (not just lip syncing) drag race winner who could have a mainstream pop star career. I am rooting for the tie win between Bianca and Adore as I like both of them equally.

Edited by Mattipoo

Adore winning makes sense, as she will be the first singing (not just lip syncing) drag race winner who could have a mainstream pop star career.

Honestly that hadn't occurred to me before, and it would make some sense.    It's a good final three, I think, but I like Bianca the best.  I also like Adore  a lot but I think she is too green to win.  Courtney has come across as kind of cold, but I can't say she hasn't done very well throughout..  Still I will be shocked if Bianca doesn't win, and since she's my favorite by far I'm looking forward to it.

I think my ideal scenario - Bianca takes Adore on officially as her drag mother, Bianca wins, Adore comes back in a year for all stars having been polished and taught to sew, to win against some of the otherwise more mediocre ones who'll be called back next time.

• Love 1

I don't think Adore should win, though I love her.  An Adore win would be based on potential, not actual talent at the time of the win. I can't get with that.  In a few years I have no doubt that Adore will be a superb queen.  But right now she needs to learn more about her craft.

• Love 1