Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Hella Blows

• Start Topic

Issa was really immature, to Nico and about NeighborBae.  She tried my nerves this week.  I think she really got mad with Daniel (and not just for the obvious reason) because she's not sure what he wants from her and that's making it confusing for her during this "hoetation".  She needs to cut him loose and grow up.  I did laugh at her closed eye while she was yelling at him.

The writers need to flesh out Tiffany more.  Whatever is going on with her husband needs to be revealed already, because she doesn't bring much otherwise.  

Yes, Molly, his wife is going to call occasionally.  That's why an open relationship (or just being his side chick) doesn't work for you.  Still, he left a lovely print on the towel.  Thanks for that visual, Dro!

The lady who was giving out the condoms was one of the writers, Regina Hicks.  I love that they feature them in small roles.  The infamous "flute twerker" from the BBQ is a writer as well.

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

Still, he left a lovely print on the towel.  Thanks for that visual, Dro!

I missed this. What happened?

This thread is going to be NC-17 talking about the scene with Issa and Daniel... Talk about a sexplosion.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

I missed this. What happened?

You could see Dro's very visible dick outline on the towel, before he left the hotel.

Tried to keep that sentence PG, but that's not really possible, is it?

This thread is going to be NC-17 talking about the scene with Issa and Daniel...

LOL, it is!

• Love 5

As soon as Issa started with Daniel, I thought, "She's not going to know what to do at the end." That scene was priceless. I'm not mad at Daniel. He gave her a warning.

This show makes me nervous. I have to pause during every one of Issa's interactions with men because the situations get so awkward. I hate to see Nico go. He can do better than Issa, though.

• Love 12

Interesting episode. 

1 hour ago, Amethyst said:

Yes, Molly, his wife is going to call occasionally.  That's why an open relationship (or just being his side chick) doesn't work for you.

Yes.  But it was still a bit rude to answer a phone mid-fingering.  I mean c'mon, man. Even in an open relationship where the wife takes priority, there's some etiquette as to when a date can be interrupted.   But yes, it's not going to work for Molly. 

Issa was acting very immature in her hoetation.  Kicking Nico out before even having dinner with him just because he won't have sex with you?  Rude.  She needs to handle her frustration better at the fact that her men aren't going to be her beck and call men.  And then Daniel...

23 minutes ago, mrsbagnet said:

I'm not mad at Daniel. He gave her a warning.

I'm not that into Daniel but this is how I felt at first.  He gave her a warning.  And I felt she overreacted.  But then I started to think that coming on her face was intended considering her reaction and the fact that he never apologized.  He just kept saying that he thought she was down for anything. At the very least he should have apologized for hitting her in the eye. As far as I know, that's not a "thing" that people enjoy. After watching her talk about it on the Wine Down where Issa talked about blow jobs and how they can sometimes make her feel disrespected, I went back to watch.    He did warn her but he came pretty quickly after the warning. It also looked like she was pulling away after he told her he was about to orgasm but he pulled her back towards him with the hand on her head.

Onto the comedy front, I really did like Lawrence and his co-worker teasing each other about their "Drive-by" and "Woot Woot" names. 

I also cringed during his conversation with his two bosses.  I feel like I've been those bosses. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 3

Issa, Issa, Issa....these things happen.  Daniel wasn't trying to disrespect you, boo! Her reaction was immature and overblown, IMO.

Neither she or Lawrence are made for these streets!

I have a friend, 40 years old with a child, claims to never have given head in her life. She says "it's disgusting." I don't agree. 

Whenever she complains about a boyfriend, we give her a hard time - "that's cause you ain't sucking that dick!"

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

He did warn her but he came pretty quickly after the warning. It also looked like she was pulling away after he told her he was about to orgasm but he pulled her back towards him with the hand on her head.

I re-watched, and I see your point. It would have been better if she and Daniel had talked beforehand about what she was and wasn't willing to do, so there wouldn't be any misunderstanding. Conversations like that lack spontaneity and aren't sexy, but neither is getting hit in the eye when you aren't expecting it. I still think she overreacted, though. I don't think he was purposely trying to disrespect her, though that's clearly how she felt.

54 minutes ago, Jade Foxx said:

Neither she or Lawrence are made for these streets!

This should be one of the show's tagline.

So Thug Yoda can't make any C sounds at all? He can't pronounce the K in Kleenex?

ETA: Loved loved loved Issa's "FBI killed Fred Hampton" shirt

Edited by mrsbagnet
Comment on Issa's shirt
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, mrsbagnet said:

So Thug Yoda can't make any C sounds at all? He can't pronounce the K in Kleenex?

Not can't - WON'T. Lol. It's the code as a Blood gang member. Definitely an L.A. thing...taken to the extreme. 

Brazy, right?

• Love 10

Poor Molly. She's really not cut out to be a sidepiece. And I'm still not convinced Dro's wife knows she's in an open marriage.

It's still looking to me like Lawrence's coworker wants to get her some of that. She better make her move before Issa does.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

Interesting episode. 

Yes.  But it was still a bit rude to answer a phone mid-fingering.  I mean c'mon, man. Even in an open relationship where the wife takes priority, there's some etiquette as to when a date can be interrupted.   But yes, it's not going to work for Molly. 

Issa was acting very immature in her hoetation.  Kicking Nico out before even having dinner with him just because he won't have sex with you?  Rude.  She needs to handle her frustration better at the fact that her men aren't going to be her beck and call men.  And then Daniel...

I'm not that into Daniel but this is how I felt at first.  He gave her a warning.  And I felt she overreacted.  But then I started to think that coming on her face was intended considering her reaction and the fact that he never apologized.  He just kept saying that he thought she was down for anything. At the very least he should have apologized for hitting her in the eye. As far as I know, that's not a "thing" that people enjoy. After watching her talk about it on the Wine Down where Issa talked about blow jobs and how they can sometimes make her feel disrespected, I went back to watch.    He did warn her but he came pretty quickly after the warning. It also looked like she was pulling away after he told her he was about to orgasm but he pulled her back towards him with the hand on her head.

Onto the comedy front, I really did like Lawrence and his co-worker teasing each other about their "Drive-by" and "Woot Woot" names. 

I also cringed during his conversation with his two bosses.  I feel like I've been those bosses. 

I don't see how this is a reaction to the blow job. He did warn. Her not moving implies she's down for it. We don't have that much control over when it comes out especially when she's not stopping. It was on her literally and figuratively.

This show by no means needs to speak for a whole culture and it may be an actual issue for Issa but I kind of hate that a show with all these black women and all except for one is basically like fuck blow jobs. And the whole white girls do it thing. It's playing into huge stereotypes. Of course, stereotypes exist because it's a reality for some people but we get one meh towards it from Molly, 2 flat out no and the only one that's truly down is the light skinned one they are always mocking for being to high brow or white. There could have been more nuance here. 

• Love 12

Daniel did nothing wrong in my opinion. She got fair warning (and who can't sense that anyhow, while they're down there) and unless she laid some ground rules, how was he supposed to know she had limits. Actually, in the split second before all her 'outrage', I assumed it was a comedic scene where he warned her he was about to come, she moved her head because she didn't want it in her mouth and then they're both surprised by the reach of his, um, gush. Wasn't expecting anger. Even if he didn't warn her (which he did), not sure what all the anger is about. Has she never given a BJ before?  Sort of inherently messy if you go all the way to completion--what did she expect?

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

I don't see how this is a reaction to the blow job. He did warn. Her not moving implies she's down for it. We don't have that much control over when it comes out especially when she's not stopping. It was on her literally and figuratively.

But I think she did pull away but he had his hand on the back of her head and pulled her forward again.  That's what I saw on the rewatch.   

And honestly, if a guy did that.  I might freak the fuck out a little.  

As for the non-nuance of black women and blow jobs, I think there was nuance in why they felt opposed.  

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

But I think she did pull away but he had his hand on the back of her head and pulled her forward again.  That's what I saw on the rewatch.   

Just rewound it a bunch of times and I still don't see it that way. She never pulls her head back like she's attempting to be out of full range. I don't think she pulls back far enough to indicate she wants no part of the 'finish'--that would have required a total change in posture altogether, or she'd be in the line of fire no matter what. If the point is that she didn't want it in her mouth or anywhere on her at all, she would have had to move way more than the slight adjustment she made.  And in any case, I can't relate to the response of anger (or freaked-out-ness). I'm not clear what the insult or injury is. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Racj82 said:

This show by no means needs to speak for a whole culture and it may be an actual issue for Issa but I kind of hate that a show with all these black women and all except for one is basically like fuck blow jobs. And the whole white girls do it thing. It's playing into huge stereotypes. Of course, stereotypes exist because it's a reality for some people but we get one meh towards it from Molly, 2 flat out no and the only one that's truly down is the light skinned one they are always mocking for being to high brow or white. There could have been more nuance here. 

I can't speak for black women, but as a white woman, I have ALWAYS been expected to give blow jobs to guys I've dated (or "dated"), ESPECIALLY to white guys. White guys will beg for blow jobs. White guys are ALL ABOUT some blow jobs. And sports. White guys will turn down sex for sports.

And this is another reason why I can't be bothered with any of it anymore.

Edited by bilgistic
  • Love 6

ITA that Issa was being bratty with her hotation. The whole point is that there is no commitment or expectation, yet she got pissy that when she dropped by the neighbor's place unannounced, he had the nerve not to just be sitting around waiting to have sex with her. Then she made plans to have dinner with Nico and got pissy when he wanted to, you know, actually go to dinner like they had planned.

Sorry, Molly, but you don't really get to be super exasperated when your friend with benefits has to leave because HIS WIFE needs him. I mean, no, getting locked out of the house isn't the same level of need as being in a car accident or something really dramatic, but still. Do you expect her to sit on the porch all night waiting for you to finish fucking her husband at a hotel? Speaking of which, I'd love to her Candice and Dro having a budget meeting about their open marriage expenses. How much are they allowed to spend on hotel rooms, dinners, and other costs of the people they're sleeping with?

I would love to hear a guy's assessment of Tiffany's blow job skills (obviously Derrick has no reason to complain since, as the saying goes, a blow job is better than no job). She sounds like the kind of girl who thinks she's awesome at everything but might really only be okay at most of those things.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Jade Foxx said:

Not can't - WON'T. Lol. It's the code as a Blood gang member. Definitely an L.A. thing...taken to the extreme. 

Brazy, right?

The Blorox thing I got, but it was Bleenex that killed me! Like, does Thug Yoda think that Kleenex starts with a "C"?

7 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Interesting episode. 

6 hours ago, Racj82 said:

So, Irlandesa's view is how I saw it go down (no pun intended lol) as well. I did see Issa start to pull away as Daniel mentioned that she was going to make him come. It's a subtle but noticeable (to me, anyway) distinction to "I'm coming." The former was part of a general commentary when Daniel also asked where she learned to give head that way. Either way, he reached out and kept her head in place, and she pulled away even harder which is why she got semen in her eye. While I do think that Issa overreacted, I'm not going to say that Daniel was cool for holding her head in place. (Men who have sex with women, please stop that!)

But for the larger commentary, I was rolling my eyes at that "Only Beckys give head" proclamation from all the friends at that convention. Like, come on now. Really?

• Love 6

Issa is not good at casual dating. If she wants just sex with Nico (which is dumb, he seems like a good dude that she had a nice vibe with), you establish that up front. That was embarrassing. If all Issa wants is people to have sex with, she can and should be very open about that on Tinder - God knows most men are open about that.

$5500 to fix her car?! Ouch. $5500 is a down payment on a car, or a whole other used car. Also this show highlighted the class differences between the friends - Issa is clearly much worse off financially than Molly the corporate lawyer. (Actually, I'd guess she's the brokest one in the group.) Molly heard $5500 and thought, well, that means a smaller vacation; Issa heard $5500 and thought "How am I going to eat?" We knew that, of course - Issa's apartment is more modest, Molly lives in a posh high rise - but this episode really highlighted it. 

Lawrence and his coworker are going to hook up.

6 hours ago, BrooklynRat said:

Daniel did nothing wrong in my opinion. She got fair warning (and who can't sense that anyhow, while they're down there) and unless she laid some ground rules, how was he supposed to know she had limits. Actually, in the split second before all her 'outrage', I assumed it was a comedic scene where he warned her he was about to come, she moved her head because she didn't want it in her mouth and then they're both surprised by the reach of his, um, gush. Wasn't expecting anger. Even if he didn't warn her (which he did), not sure what all the anger is about. Has she never given a BJ before?  Sort of inherently messy if you go all the way to completion--what did she expect?

She has - she gave one to Lawrence last season. (I mean, I assume that over their 5-year relationship, she gave a lot of them, but we saw her give one to him last season.)

57 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Sorry, Molly, but you don't really get to be super exasperated when your friend with benefits has to leave because HIS WIFE needs him. I mean, no, getting locked out of the house isn't the same level of need as being in a car accident or something really dramatic, but still. Do you expect her to sit on the porch all night waiting for you to finish fucking her husband at a hotel? Speaking of which, I'd love to her Candice and Dro having a budget meeting about their open marriage expenses. How much are they allowed to spend on hotel rooms, dinners, and other costs of the people they're sleeping with?

Yeah! Especially since Molly lives alone. That was a nice spot they were in!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

As for the non-nuance of black women and blow jobs, I think there was nuance in why they felt opposed.  

And I wasn't just addressing Issa in regards to nuance. You had four black women in a scene and a great opportunity to show a varied range of opinions on the issue but instead it was two black women dismissing the thought of it, one doing it only as part of an exchange and one lonely women championing it. Even then, it's painted as a power play. Kelli or Molly could have been representing for the women that enjoying doing it at the very least. It just seemed super lopsided.

With the whole blow job thing, I honestly don't recall all the forcing the head the down stuff. Not to point that it's being stressed. But, like it also has been said, this was pure miscommunication on both sides. Issa also seems to be a straight up virgin to blow jobs which just seems odd to me. Which caused even more issues. I feel like this would have been an issue before. Especially in her hoe phase. It's something most men is just going assume happens. Especially with all the oral we've seen men do on women here. There is some lopsided and/ or weak to non existent foreplay going on here. There's more to foreplay to oral but I'm starting to think Lawrence and his few pumps on the couch is normal for Issa instead of the some actual warm up.

• Love 5

Issa was really immature, to Nico and about NeighborBae.  She tried my nerves this week. 

Yes, this was a trying episode for Issa. She's clearly not comfortable with this ho phase, and she needs to stop, immediately. The worse was when she threw out Nico. I get not wanting to start up a relationship after you just got out of a long-term one, but Jesus, Issa. She gave me whiffs of Molly in that scene. Tossing aside a seemingly good dude for bullshit. 

Issa is no stranger to blow jobs, considering she went down on Lawrence last season, but I think Issa is one of those types that's willing to go further sexually when she's comfortable with you. That's something I can appreciate and relate to. I'm going to assume that Lawrence thinks face skeets are degrading and he never did that to Issa, so that's why she was so disgusted and overreacted. Of course it doesn't help that she has hangups about blow jobs in general.

Which leads me to:

3 hours ago, Racj82 said:

You had four black women in a scene and a great opportunity to show a varied range of opinions on the issue but instead it was two black women dismissing the thought of it, one doing it only as part of an exchange and one lonely women championing it. Even then, it's painted as a power play. Kelli or Molly could have been representing for the women that enjoying doing it at the very least. It just seemed super lopsided.

But I think that scene did show the varies of opinions about it. You had one that loved it, two that were lukewarm, and one that didn't do it at all. I did like that they touched on the stereotype of only 'hoes' give head and how men treat women as disposable after you've done it. It's as if they (fuckboys, really) lose respect because there's stigmas attached to it on both sides. Same goes for pleasing women. Chad seems like one of those types that would dump a woman if she didn't give head, but he wouldn't reciprocate. 

Molly asked Dro the wrong question. What she should've asked is if Candice knows that Dro is sleeping with her. I still think Dro is only telling a half truth about this. They're in an open marriage, but the rule is probably no family/close friends and since latent feelings for Molly stirred up, he's violating the agreement. 

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 8

Yeah, Issa was acting bratty this episode. I had to pause and think about it before concurred with that assessment. She made plans with Nico to actually have dinner, but she knew all she wanted to do was fuck. So, she gets him there and tries to by pass the dinner and get to the sex, but he's not having it and neither is she. My issue is, she didn't have to send him away by being so rude, not nice at all, that's where the bratty behavior comes in for me. She is welcomed to change her mind and he is welcome to say no to sex but no one has to be flat out rude about it and she was.

Then neighbor bae, I don't know if I saw that exchange as bratty because if I remember correctly wasn't that exchange polite? Did she have a nasty attitude toward him? I didn't see that. I saw her turn to we the audience and vent her frustration with her little rap, but that wasn't directed toward him, so I had no issues with that exchange. 

And finally, good lord Daniel...that was on her, figuratively and literally. You got to have a handle on shit and be in charge if going to give bj's and she wasn't. So she got it in the face. She said before she started, "I got this." No, you didn't Issa and it literally blew up all in your face, you can't blame Daniel. That being said, when girls had their convo about bj's it all seemed true to life IMO even if what they were saying doesn't speak for EVERY black woman, it was real, that convo.. In terms of Issa and bj's I could have sworn that her stance on them was that she really has to be down for the guy to give them, that's what she said. Not that she's against them, but if she's not really feeling you, she doesn't want your dick in her mouth. I'm on board with that stance for damn sure.  Kelly blaming the black church, LOL, I love that girl. And she said something about how she'd rather go down on a woman because that at least that shit cleans itself, LOL.

Then we have Molly, and how long will I have to be tortured by her torturing herself in this open-marriage bullshit that she damn sure knows she's not cut out for? How long? Maybe not that long because there aren't that many episodes left right? 

I like the vibe that Lawrence has with his co-worker, don't remember her name. 

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 7

I appreciate the honesty in the conversation about blow jobs. There is a stigma attached to it on both sides that doesn't get talked about. But, as i have been trying to make clear, not having one of these women just enjoy doing the act or pleasing her man is a segment of the conversation I wish was represented. The show can't speak for every woman or every black woman but I just think it could have represented a bit more.

It's actually funny though. I used to always laugh at dudes that would say black girls/women don't like or don't give blow jobs. It just seemed silly to me. Like of course all don't do it but I never understood the stereotype. Not that I go around taking a census but I've only had one open discussion with a woman about sex that didn't believe in giving oral that was black but more than a couple that were white. But, it's a very rare thing for me to hear in general. I guess there is more of stigma than I thought against it.

I couldn't imagine being with a woman who didn't do it though. It one of life's pleasures. I also wouldn't want someone who didn't enjoy doing it. Thats not fun for anyone. Much in the same way that I couldn't imagine orally pleasing my woman. It's often a better way to fully please a woman than actual sex depending on the individual. Of course it's a no no if one is not keeping good hygiene, etc. But, I wouldn't right off a whole act because someone couldn't be bothered to wash themselves properly. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

And I wasn't just addressing Issa in regards to nuance. You had four black women in a scene and a great opportunity to show a varied range of opinions on the issue but instead it was two black women dismissing the thought of it, one doing it only as part of an exchange and one lonely women championing it. Even then, it's painted as a power play. Kelli or Molly could have been representing for the women that enjoying doing it at the very least. It just seemed super lopsided.

Because NO ONE actually LIKES to do it!  I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but women do not enjoy it, it is a chore.  It sucks (sorry).  Anyone who says they like it is lying, or just trying to be what they think men want.

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

I appreciate the honesty in the conversation about blow jobs. There is a stigma attached to it on both sides that doesn't get talked about. But, as i have been trying to make clear, not having one of these women just enjoy doing the act or pleasing her man is a segment of the conversation I wish was represented. The show can't speak for every woman or every black woman but I just think it could have represented a bit more.

It's actually funny though. I used to always laugh at dudes that would say black girls/women don't like or don't give blow jobs. It just seemed silly to me. Like of course all don't do it but I never understood the stereotype. Not that I go around taking a census but I've only had one open discussion with a woman about sex that didn't believe in giving oral that was black but more than a couple that were white. But, it's a very rare thing for me to hear in general. I guess there is more of stigma than I thought against it.

I couldn't imagine being with a woman who didn't do it though. It one of life's pleasures. I also wouldn't want someone who didn't enjoy doing it. Thats not fun for anyone. Much in the same way that I couldn't imagine orally pleasing my woman. It's often a better way to fully please a woman than actual sex depending on the individual. Of course it's a no no if one is not keeping good hygiene, etc. But, I wouldn't right off a whole act because someone couldn't be bothered to wash themselves properly. 

On the flip side, there was always (it seemed like always anyway) this conversation that Black men didn't give head. It could be that White male comics who managed to make it on Def Comedy Jam and ComicView have skewed my thoughts (I was in my teens/early 20s during both shows' heyday), but a lot of times when these White male comics would talk about the "benefit" of dating them, they'd crack that they loved giving head (the implication being that Black men didn't).

3 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Because NO ONE actually LIKES to do it!  I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but women do not enjoy it, it is a chore.  It sucks (sorry).  Anyone who says they like it is lying, or just trying to be what they think men want.

Ohhhh. Shots fired! LOL!

• Love 7

Issa needs to get over herself-jizz in the face is an occupational hazard when sucking dick. Besides, if she knew what she was doing she would have had more control over that happy ending....

i like Laurence and his coworker together. They both have a low key vibe about them- Issa is too high strung for Laurence. 

Poor Molly. She finally finds a compatible male, who understands HER, and he is married ( and probably being less than honest about his marital status). 

Not liking Issa right now. Saving grace is that I don't think Issa is liking Issa very much either. Still rooting for her to find her way.

I'm not in love with giving BJ's, but I have a friend that not only loves giving them, she loves swallowing too.... I know, weird, right?! The passionate way she talks about it is proof in the "pudding". It's the way I talk about eating a warm Krispy Kream Donut. 

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Coming out of lurkdom to say I don't agree with that at ALL!

• Love 17

Ok I shouldn't make blanket statements like that, but I will say that having discussed them with many many women, for many many years, I have yet to find even one woman that enjoys it.  

What is enjoyable about it??  And I am sure some people will say that it is enjoyable because the men like it and that makes them feel good, but I am talking about the actual act - what is enjoyable about not being able to breathe, while having something jammed down your throat, trying not to gag??  I have been doing it since high school, so I have some experience.  I actually used to pretend to like to do it when I had less confidence... but it really is not physically enjoyable.  I cannot believe anyone who says it is.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Ok I shouldn't make blanket statements like that, but I will say that having discussed them with many many women, for many many years, I have yet to find even one woman that enjoys it.  

What is enjoyable about it??  And I am sure some people will say that it is enjoyable because the men like it and that makes them feel good, but I am talking about the actual act - what is enjoyable about not being able to breathe, while having something jammed down your throat, trying not to gag??  I have been doing it since high school, so I have some experience.  I actually used to pretend to like to do it when I had less confidence... but it really is not physically enjoyable.  I cannot believe anyone who says it is.

It is something that you don't enjoy and that is fine. You have already stated no one is going to convince you that they enjoy doing it. Which is also fine. Personally, I am not going to try to convince anyone either way. I will just take people at their word who say they do or don't enjoy it and the various reasons (which are valid) to be on either side of the issue.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Physically, the giver gets nothing out of it, but it's more of a mental satisfaction. You're getting an honest reaction from someone, and in that moment, you're in charge of their pleasure. I get why it's considered a power move. 

• Love 15
13 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Onto the comedy front, I really did like Lawrence and his co-worker teasing each other about their "Drive-by" and "Woot Woot" names

Just realized the Woot Woot app Lawrence pitched was the one he thought was the ultimate game changer? The one he spent the majority of his time and energy on, while refusing to take other employment and causing damage to his long-term relationship? Whoa, nice life choices, BRUH.

Lawrence's fatal flaw is his self-involvement, lack of self-motivation and all around hustle. I know he's a laid back dude, but he just seems to let life happen to him.

• Love 16
18 minutes ago, Jade Foxx said:

Just realized the Woot Woot app Lawrence pitched was the one he thought was the ultimate game changer? The one he spent the majority of his time and energy on, while refusing to take other employment and causing damage to his long-term relationship? Whoa, nice life choices, BRUH.

I like how Woot Woot was a metaphor for his relationship with Issa. The idea he came up with was probably game changing 5+ years ago when he and Issa got together, but when he lost his motivation, competitors took over and it fizzled out. When his pitch was shot down, that signified that everything associated with Issa is in the past. 

Why yes, English was my favorite subject in school. 

29 minutes ago, Jade Foxx said:

Lawrence's fatal flaw is his self-involvement, lack of self-motivation and all around hustle. I know he's a laid back dude, but he just seems to let life happen to him.

Yes, and Issa shares these qualities as well. What they had in common is what ended them. 

• Love 11
11 hours ago, bilgistic said:

I can't speak for black women, but as a white woman, I have ALWAYS been expected to give blow jobs to guys I've dated (or "dated"), ESPECIALLY to white guys. White guys will beg for blow jobs. White guys are ALL ABOUT some blow jobs. And sports. White guys will turn down sex for sports.

And this is another reason why I can't be bothered with any of it anymore.

As a straight Black male, this has got to be the most informative thread on the whole site.   Surprising opinion follows....

Maybe its because I haven't had that many, but to me BJs are something that always look like they feel better than they actually do....I've never quite understood the appeal.

On the other hand (no pun intended), I'll take a good hand job any old day of the week.

ETA: For what it's worth BILGISTIC, I'll hit pause on the Yankee game for a good roll in the hay anytime you'd like, lol.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
Thought added.
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Said with all kindness--I think this reveals more about you than anyone else. Not a chore for me and I more than enjoy giving them. Husband is emotionally and physically generous and I LOVE this simple, sexy act of giving him physical pleasure. Um, maybe you'd feel better if you just stopped doing it since it feels like a chore to you. From personal experience, it sucks if someone's doing something to you they just aren't into. 

Maybe this applies to Issa too. In the conversation with the girls she said she preferred not to do it and seemed to decide to do it as a power play. But she apparently didn't think it through to the messy end. She probably shouldn't have done something her heart and mind weren't really into either. Her reaction was nutty to me. 

• Love 11
15 hours ago, mrsbagnet said:

As soon as Issa started with Daniel, I thought, "She's not going to know what to do at the end." That scene was priceless. I'm not mad at Daniel. He gave her a warning.

This show makes me nervous. I have to pause during every one of Issa's interactions with men because the situations get so awkward. I hate to see Nico go. He can do better than Issa, though.

Nico-call me! I'm not better than anyone, but I do enjoy a nice dinner and good conversation before taking it in the eye. 

• Love 16
56 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

Yes, and Issa shares these qualities as well. What they had in common is what ended them. 

Spot on!  Issa is entertaining but pretty self-absorbed. And for Lawrence to sit around voluntarily unemployed waiting for his genius to be discovered, also self-absorbed. Not sure if that makes them doomed as a couple or perfectly matched!

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, BrooklynRat said:

Said with all kindness--I think this reveals more about you than anyone else. Not a chore for me and I more than enjoy giving them. Husband is emotionally and physically generous and I LOVE this simple, sexy act of giving him physical pleasure. Um, maybe you'd feel better if you just stopped doing it since it feels like a chore to you. From personal experience, it sucks if someone's doing something to you they just aren't into. 

Maybe this applies to Issa too. In the conversation with the girls she said she preferred not to do it and seemed to decide to do it as a power play. But she apparently didn't think it through to the messy end. She probably shouldn't have done something her heart and mind weren't really into either. Her reaction was nutty to me. 

That is my point, it doesn't feel good to your body, it feels good to you emotionally to make your husband happy.   I agreed that some women "enjoy" it because they are happy to make someone else happy.

I will say - I admit I am shocked that there are women here who say they like it at all.  In all of my conversations in high school, college, married life, etc - never once have I had a friend or acquaintance say that they enjoy it.  Everyone I have discussed this with (and it has been discussed!) say that they do it because it is expected, not because they are just dying to do it.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I will say - I admit I am shocked that there are women here who say they like it at all.  In all of my conversations in high school, college, married life, etc - never once have I had a friend or acquaintance say that they enjoy it.  Everyone I have discussed this with (and it has been discussed!) say that they do it because it is expected, not because they are just dying to do it.

My girls and I must be some bawdy broads, because we love to "rap on the mic." (heh) Personally I enjoy the sensation (as the giver), the fact it drives men crazy is a plus. Mutual satisfaction. It's like enjoying a reaaallly good lolly-pop. Part of the sensual/sexual experience. 

Stats: Black woman over 40 here :)

Edited by Jade Foxx
  • Love 12

I can't say I especially "enjoy' giving, particularly because it's primarily been used as a power play (on the guys' part) in most of my experiences, but in an equal partnership, I have liked giving my partner the pleasure. It's just OK to actually perform the act. And if I expect to receive oral sex, which I do (ahem), I should expect to have to give.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, bilgistic said:

I can't say I especially "enjoy' giving, particularly because it's primarily been used as a power play (on the guys' part) in most of my experiences, but in an equal partnership, I have liked giving my partner the pleasure. It's just OK to actually perform the act. And if I expect to receive oral sex, which I do (ahem), I should expect to have to give.

This is my stance.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Mozelle said:

The Blorox thing I got, but it was Bleenex that killed me! Like, does Thug Yoda think that Kleenex starts with a "C"?

After giving this way too much thought, I figured out that, linguistically speaking, the problem isn't with the letter C, per se. It's with the hard K sound that's represented by C, K and sometimes Ch (gotta love English and all its roots). So I assume Thug Yoda will pronounce "Caesar" and "cheese" correctly, but will not say Chlorox and Kleenex. I'm just imagining the writers coming up with the funniest combo of words that begin with a K sound, but don't start with C.

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

That is my point, it doesn't feel good to your body, it feels good to you emotionally to make your husband happy.   I agreed that some women "enjoy" it because they are happy to make someone else happy.

Hhhmm not sure why it's important to you to believe I don't enjoy doing something I've said twice that I do, or to misread my words (which I'm really, really trying to keep at least NC-17!) to support your assertion. Let me break it down: after I suck it, I'm soaking wet. But I get it--after you do, you're not. Totally cool beans. I'm turned on by the look of it, the feel of it, the thought of it. You--not so much. Different strokes, different folks.

More of my girlfriends share my feelings on this than don't  so maybe birds of a feather...

Stats: totally unconfused 36 yo bi-racial (black/white) woman here, married 5 years.

5 hours ago, Jade Foxx said:

My girls and I must be some bawdy broads, because love to "rap on the mic." (heh) Personally I enjoy the sensation (as the giver), the fact it drives men crazy is a plus. Mutual satisfaction. It's like enjoying a reaaallly good lolly-pop. Part of the sensual/sexual experience. 

Stats: Black woman over 40 here :)

Amen. Me and my girls must be too :-)

It's kind of odd that Issa and Kelly are talking about hoetations and such, yet are such prudes about their repertoire. 

Edited by BrooklynRat
  • Love 9

Move your face out of the way, Issa!  Blowjobs 101.

I think, if they had meant to show Daniel strong-arming Issa into position for a facial, it wouldn't have been so subtle we'd have to debate whether it happened.  That level of felony bullshit is rarely "open to interpretation."

• Love 3

Yeah there is no sexual act out there that someone doesn't enjoy giving it receiving. Whether you get sexual pleasure from it, I don't think, should be a factor. Foreplay, in general, is much more about the other persons pleasure than your own. Whether you are talking about oral sex, massages, etc.

But, whether it be the actually feeling and sensation it gives you, the fact that you can please someone you love, the power to control someone else pleasure, etc it could very clearly be a enjoyable experience for others. I actual think the women could use some of those seminars. They might learn to see sexual things differently.

I will always say that with this show, it generates discussion unlike most other shows you may watch. Like more than just the show. I hope it's also expanding the minds of viewers because I see a lot of looking at topics from one viewpoint when almost every issue they bring up is more than just a simple answer. A lot of gray area. 

Lawrence could look like he's lazy or unmotivated but he got where he is because he's not actuslly that way for example. He's not an actually fuck boy. He's a flawed human being. Hopefully he's learning from things like his app failure. It was a nice symmetry to his relationship with Issa. He's so focused on one thing that he's not seeing the flaws in other areas. He has tunnel vision and he needs to pay more attention to things and people around him and what they need. 

• Love 2

Encouraged by @Racj82 that this forum generates some unusual off-topic discussion, I'm taking the long way around to respond to the "Enjoyable?" question, rated R-17+.

I think there's some purely visceral pleasure involved in going down on a man, apart from the emotional gratuity stuff.  But also I think a lot of the pleasure in getting up close and personal with a penis is ::somehow:: involved with the unfortunate circumstance of our own genital area being so inaccessible and mysterious to us. 

Men are so lucky to be so familiar with their own equipment and to just be able to glance down for an instant data update.  They're even expected to take it out and casually handle it several times a day--there's no avoiding it, even if they wanted to, which they clearly do not--while we have no way of knowing exactly what's going on in our sexual landscape at any given moment.  Bust out the mirrors and yoga mats.

So I think we find something enjoyable about messing around with a sex organ that's just so uninhibited and OUT THERE and proud to get right in your face and make your acquaintance.

Anyway, ha.  While I have enjoyed engaging all five senses with a perky friendly penis (or a rich musty angry one, whatever) . . . . I also take @heatherchandler's point to be this:   there aren't too many women home alone pleasuring themselves by employing their best oral technique or deep-throating a battery-operated cucumber shape, eh?  

• Love 6