Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Since OCD Paul swam in "poop water", now he HAS to marry her

Can you imagine the Silkwood shower that girl will have endure for Paul to want to have sex with her after the "poo water" swim?  Actually I bet she will have to have a proper scrubbing prior to him kissing her in general.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Nikki55x said:

Larry seems sweet and normal just really lonely and sad. Larry's sons were so devastated by his news but he did not notice. Patrick seems normal whats his deal?

Larry seems to be the kind of guy who probably realizes that there are red flags, but finds ways to excuse/minimize them every time over his lifetime. It would be sad if it were just himself that gets impacted, but he's a parent and has to be better aware of how his poor decisions will impact his kids.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Kangatush said:

At this point I have to wonder if the travel doc that Paul saw was fudging with his head, or if he interpreted what was said in the very wrong way.  The candiru (penis fish) does exist, but it's not just hanging out, waiting for random wangs to swim by.  You need to be urinating and either naked, or have extremely loose trunks for it to even access your junk.  I think the condom, mesh bag, shorts, and waders were ample coverage for Paul. 

I think Paul's doctor is Dr. Google.

47 minutes ago, locomoco said:

Larry seems to be the kind of guy who probably realizes that there are red flags, but finds ways to excuse/minimize them every time over his lifetime. It would be sad if it were just himself that gets impacted, but he's a parent and has to be better aware of how his poor decisions will impact his kids.

Ditto for Patrick.  He should not be bringing random women into his daughter's life.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Desert Rat said:

I think Paul's doctor is Dr. Google.

We moved a few years ago, and I went in search of a new doctor.  At our first meeting, I told her that my primary care was provided by Dr. Google, but that anytime I came to see her, it was because I would be looking for a second opinion from a real person.  She laughed, and she's still my doctor.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

Ditto for Patrick.  He should not be bringing random women into his daughter's life.

To be fair, he isn't.  He's going to her and I might be wrong, but I don't think he's all about insta-marriage like the others.  Boy might not know how to button a shirt, but at least he didn't already buy a ring.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Nikki55x said:

Larry seems sweet and normal just really lonely and sad. Larry's sons were so devastated by his news but he did not notice. Patrick seems normal whats his deal?

The younger son, looking off to someplace far away... tells me Dad's told them this story before and it's another round of "Gee... Dad's found a girlfriend someplace else and he thinks it's going to work this time."

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Nikki55x said:

Patrick is a strange bird too. He self admittedly has been in several casual relationships, but is another one of the "American women aren't serious about relationships" type, as if he's not purposely seeking out women who just want casual relationships. He's unwilling to do the work it takes to be in a serious relationship with someone here, which would require some self reflection and bettering his station in life (because what woman do you know will take a baby daddy DJ living with mommy in his mid 20s seriously?). Instead of seeing the problem is him, he broadbrushes women and goes after a woman he think will settle for his mediocrity because it's American mediocrity. 

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Kangatush said:

At this point I have to wonder if the travel doc that Paul saw was fudging with his head, or if he interpreted what was said in the very wrong way.  The candiru (penis fish) does exist, but it's not just hanging out, waiting for random wangs to swim by.  You need to be urinating and either naked, or have extremely loose trunks for it to even access your junk.  I think the condom, mesh bag, shorts, and waders were ample coverage for Paul. 

I don't think the travel doc told him about the penis fish, I think he gathered that information on his own.  The travel doc just told him  not to drink the water, what vaccinations he should have etc

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ChaChaSlide said:

Patrick is a strange bird too. He self admittedly has been in several casual relationships, but is another one of the "American women aren't serious about relationships" type, as if he's not purposely seeking out women who just want casual relationships. He's unwilling to do the work it takes to be in a serious relationship with someone here, which would require some self reflection and bettering his station in life (because what woman do you know will take a baby daddy DJ living with mommy in his mid 20s seriously?). Instead of seeing the problem is him, he broadbrushes women and goes after a woman he think will settle for his mediocrity because it's American mediocrity. 

Yes

I think Patrick is quite odd.  There is just something about him that doesn't seem 'right'.  Ha!  The clothes, the hair etc  He also seems really immature.  I really don't see Myriam being into him, but who knows.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ChaChaSlide said:

He's unwilling to do the work it takes to be in a serious relationship with someone here, which would require some self reflection and bettering his station in life (because what woman do you know will take a baby daddy DJ living with mommy in his mid 20s seriously?). Instead of seeing the problem is him, he broadbrushes women and goes after a woman he think will settle for his mediocrity because it's American mediocrity. 

I think this post calls out Patrick in particular, but in general (bolded) plenty of the others seeking love as well.  We've heard Paul, Jorge, and many others complain about American women this and American women that.

Why would any woman who lives somewhere fabulous like Paris and is living in a country where workers demand their rights and get them, get universal healthcare, and have a social safety net, want to come to a country that really has none of those things?  But, I digress, our mediocrity is better than anyone else's.

And a mediocre individual here fancies his chances abroad because any woman should be so grateful to come to 'Murica that she'd be so willing to put up with his shit. I've worked with a lot of insufferable men who have foreign brides, and all I can think of is that she must be some poor woman who was so desperate to escape the poverty or political climate of her homeland, that putting up with his shit is preferable.

• Love 17
On 8/14/2017 at 2:37 PM, Mercolleen said:

I learned that you can "freshen up" in the airport by slathering yourself with makeup samples.

To be fair, I'm flying from London to Chicago on Sunday morning and I will make sure I slather myself with the most expensive Lancome serum and moisturiser in Duty Free before I get on the plane. I travel make-up free anyway. Flying with a faceful of slap (as we call overdone makeup in the UK) must be so bad for your skin. And you might get on the plane looking alright, but in that dry atmosphere, it'll look like crap after a few hours.

But it wouldn't occur to me throw on a ton of random cosmetics at the other end of the journey.

• Love 2
On September 6, 2017 at 6:06 AM, Drogo said:

That's what she said, but for me she didn't come  across as promiscuous so much as valuing herself and her wants. 

When I watched this, I felt a bit annoyed with Sean because, for a 43 year old, he was completely oblivious to the fact that it wasn't that great for Abby. I am not saying it was horrible, but at least she was honest in letting him know he didn't manage to 'ring her bell'. I kept shaking my head and saying to my hubby, "What the heck is wrong with him?"

• Love 2
On September 8, 2017 at 4:24 AM, Kelly said:
On September 8, 2017 at 1:19 AM, ChaChaSlide said:

Instead of seeing the problem is him, he broadbrushes women and goes after a woman he think will settle for his mediocrity because it's American mediocrity. 

Thank you for posting this. You put into words that which I have tried to explain to others. A lot of these Americans are heading overseas and expecting the 'lucky mate' they've chosen to be grateful for marrying them because (after all) they are offering them a slice of the American dream. However, a reality check will show that they are, at the most, mediocre (hence their lack of attracting American mates.) Patrick doesn't 'get it', Paul is an embarrassment to most American men, and Darcey is so insecure about her age she's wearing neck accessories that make her appear like she's being choked, or can't breathe. It boggles my mind that these average/mediocre people are expecting youth, beauty, and good genes from their mates and they cannot offer the same in return.

i have to say I am pretty impressed with the foreigners' attempts to speak English, yet it appears the North Americans have not even tried to pick up their future mate's language. Even if the couples end up in America, where English is the first language, these people made no effort to learn/ practise the language. I like that Paul has tried by using an app, but seriously? He couldn't have taken a Babel course? All of them are being lazy in this regard which is a poor reflection on what to expect in the future. 

• Love 4
On September 8, 2017 at 8:12 AM, Arwen Evenstar said:

And a mediocre individual here fancies his chances abroad because any woman should be so grateful to come to 'Murica that she'd be so willing to put up with his shit. I've worked with a lot of insufferable men who have foreign brides, and all I can think of is that she must be some poor woman who was so desperate to escape the poverty or political climate of her homeland, that putting up with his shit is preferable.

Arwen, what a great post. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I find it sad that (as you noted) some poor woman is so desperate to escape poverty, BUT most of the time, they may not realize they are escaping to be with someone who is financially struggling here. 

• Love 3
On September 8, 2017 at 4:18 AM, Kelly said:

I don't think the travel doc told him about the penis fish, I think he gathered that information on his own.  The travel doc just told him  not to drink the water, what vaccinations he should have etc

I wish he had researched on line (or asked his doctor) what he should pack to wear. He wears some atrocious articles of clothing, not to mention the socks and sandals. And then when he talks about all the relationships he's been burned by, I had to giggle. I cannot see him in more than one relationship (if even). I have a feeling his girlfriends are exactly that - friends.

• Love 3
On September 6, 2017 at 5:36 PM, Kangatush said:

Did they edit out the part where Paul mimed, "I want to marry your daughter, unless she's knocked up or pox riddled" ?  :D

When Paul was trying to ask for her hand in marriage, could he really not figure out miming marriage by using the ring finger. Oh no, instead Paul just HAD to show Dad the international finger movements for "I want to have sex with your daughter". Again, my hubby laughed so hard at this. But he also warned me not to show him any more episodes because he's quite annoyed with the mens' expectations.

• Love 2
On September 5, 2017 at 6:14 PM, Granny58 said:

He's okay.  Nothing strange about his appearance.  His droopy drawers though....yikes.

Wow, you are giving him the benefit of doubt. I just see a creepy old hypochondriac,  in a younger man's body. His eyes are vacant, his posture stooped and his priorities are majorly flawed. Karene needs to run... far, far away. Surely she could have met someone better on Philippine match.

On September 5, 2017 at 4:08 PM, gavinmac said:

English is the second language of the world and most Parisian waiters and French online daters and Dutch models are going to speak much better English than an American can learn in a few weeks on Rosetta Stone.  It's much better for an American traveling in Europe to just speak English and be understood than to garble the local language and hurt the ears of everyone around him.

True, but I have always made a point of learning basic phrases/ questions/ conversations in the 6 weeks prior to leaving. Everyone I have met overseas has always thanked me for attempting their language. You are treated far better when you begin your visit with an attempt to cross the language barrier. I have seen this countless times. Nothing worse than the 'ugly tourist' speaking only in English and expecting to be understood. (BTW - Chinese and Spanish are the languages most spoken.)

• Love 6
On September 5, 2017 at 0:04 PM, lezlers said:

Right?  It skeevs me out how he calls her "baby" all the time.   And when you're first meeting your 20 year old "girlfriends" parents, it's probably best not to say "baby, hey baby, can you come translate?"  Have a little fucking tact, dude, and call her by her name.  Gah, he makes my skin crawl.

Same here, Ick!!! And have you noticed how many of them throw the L word around? First time meeting and it's "I love you", and "I love you, too" throughout the day. It just makes the word less meaningful.

On September 7, 2017 at 6:52 PM, AZChristian said:

We moved a few years ago, and I went in search of a new doctor.  At our first meeting, I told her that my primary care was provided by Dr. Google, but that anytime I came to see her, it was because I would be looking for a second opinion from a real person.  She laughed, and she's still my doctor.

Totally off topic, but you brought to mind my doctor telling me not to go to a specific chiropractor because he's only been to the University of HereYet, as in Does it hurt here, yet?

• Love 3
On September 3, 2017 at 6:38 PM, Mercolleen said:

I'm going to get my cooling vest on before I hit "play."

Is that what that was? I thought he had a bullet proof vest on.

On September 3, 2017 at 6:48 PM, Christi said:

yeah Larry...my phone constently logs onto random sites as well....nothing to worry about there!!?

To be fair, when my sister first bought her smart phone, she doesn't know what she did, but her Yahoo, Ebay, and Facebook accounts would automatically load and open. It took her quite awhile to figure out what she had done wrong.

• Love 1
On September 4, 2017 at 7:14 AM, DragonFlyzz said:

I think you mean Paul.  I didn't notice dirty fingernails on Patrick.

Paul is the germaphobe not Patrick.  A germaphobe who doesn't clean under his nails and one who goes into a public restroom in his socks.  Double gross.

Howard Hughes (the super rich guy) was a major germaphobe, yet he too had long, filthy nails. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Furthermore, I would not want those nails anywhere around food, even if it's only McDonalds.

• Love 1
On September 4, 2017 at 9:35 AM, seacliffsal said:

My heart ached for Larry.  I agree with others that he doesn't have the creep factor that some of the other men have.  It seems like he should be able to find someone in the U.S. unless there is something else going on with him.  His sons just want him to be happy, and the older one referenced multiple heart breaks for his dad, so there may be more going on there.

Larry creeped me out with his middle of the night phonecall, wanting to know why she logged on. That just made me think he's going to become jealous and distrusting, and worst of all, controlling. He is an emotional abuser just waiting to get her alone in his country. I am sure the women who left him would have plenty to say. Also, the only time age differences bother me is when I calculate how old one would be when the other is born. That means 37 year old Larry was 13 when she was born. That makes me feel queasy. Stay under the ten year spread, please.

On September 4, 2017 at 5:26 PM, Sprockets said:

I took that to mean she's into some kinky stuff, maybe involving unripe fruit and an alternative bodily orifice.  I could be reading too much into this.  

To be fair, I was raised by progressive parents, in that my mother encouraged us to speak about anything with her (without judgement) whereas my Dad would leave the room when it came to sex. Having said this, I was very open with my fiancee about sex and whether it was 'happening' for me or not. Difference was, we were both 19 and exploring together. So Abby setting him straight on what she may like does not automatically make her kinky. She's just forward.

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 1

What I understood from Abby was that Sean and Abby didn't have conversations about what they liked and how they liked it, so they found out the first night together.

Considering Old Liverlips was into all this voyeuristic, fetishy behavior I find it odd that he would have been able to restrain himself from talking  about little else.

From the dead, fed up look in Abby's eyes, I think Old Liverlips enjoyed it far more than she did.

• Love 2
On 9/7/2017 at 5:58 PM, Kangatush said:

There is no fish that swims up a man's urethra. It's just a legend.

30 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

There is no fish that swims up a man's urethra. It's just a legend.

Aww..I wanted to believe one would swim up Paul's pecker. Maybe something else can happen to him since you took that away from me. ;-)

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

Aww..I wanted to believe one would swim up Paul's pecker. Maybe something else can happen to him since you took that away from me. ;-)

Oh yes, I  have something for you. Karine could have caught a sexually transmitted virus yet unknown to science that just recently jumped from monkey ticks to humans.

• Love 3
On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 10:15 PM, Adeejay said:

As a parent, I just can’t fathom turning over my beautiful 19-year old daughter to a creeper like Paul. Given that the father was supposedly in law enforcement, I don’t understand why their standard of living isn’t higher. 

In southern countries, law enforcement are not well-paid jobs.  Same thing in Africa. That's why there is so much corruption.

• Love 2
On ‎03‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 10:34 PM, islandgal140 said:

The proposal pantomime was too much. The ring on finger looked like the universal symbol for sex to me.

U7AMbqa.gif

I feel like Miriam looks quite different from her pics. Still a pretty girl but I don't think I would have thought they were the same person if asked

Nobody looks like their pictures anymore but I really appreciated that she appeared as she was  and not Darcy-Iike.

I still don't get why Paul selected this finger... Is it even the one you're supposed to put a ring on? This guy is such a joke. I'm very sad about Karine's  complex. Paul is not  cute, not even clean, he looks dumb as hell but "he is white with blue eyes so I love him"

• Love 1

I am rewatching this episode in the TLC GO app tonight, and talking back to my screen! Mostly, "You're an idiot," repeatedly, at Paul, and, "Gross!" at creepy Sean. 47-yr-old Sean calling 20-yr-old Abby "baby" just skeeves me out! Ugh. I think he's the worst of the group. 

• Love 3
On 8/20/2017 at 10:39 PM, Kelly said:

Yes!

INHO, she looks particulary awful in her talking head segments. Not sure what is going on w her forehead/hairline.  She looks part cyborg.

Her hair is also def too long, and too dark.

She would look a lot better with hair/makeup/clothes toned down.

I'm sure controlling Jesse has her makeover on his to-do list. 

• Love 1
On 9/5/2017 at 7:23 PM, Adeejay said:

Unless I am mistaken, Abby didn't say that Sean was a bad lay, but rather that she had to tell him what she likes. For someone so young, she comes across like a pro.

And a "pro," who (perhaps) had never heard of the missionary position.

• Love 1

On tap for tonight: Larry and Jenny, brain trust Cortney, Old Liverlips, and a visit to Cougar Town. 

I can just picture Cortney sitting in the main square of Barcelona or Madrid forlornly finishing off the dip that Mother Cortney packed for her. 

Got no time for that stupidity.  My first stop in Spain after I check into my hotel, shower, and sleep (if I can), would be to get myself to a tapas bar and have tapas and sangria.  Deelish!

• Love 8
12 hours ago, 7isBlue said:

I am rewatching this episode in the TLC GO app tonight, and talking back to my screen! Mostly, "You're an idiot," repeatedly, at Paul, and, "Gross!" at creepy Sean. 47-yr-old Sean calling 20-yr-old Abby "baby" just skeeves me out! Ugh. I think he's the worst of the group. 

You're braver than I and your stomach is stronger than mine.  Once was enough for me.  Old Liverlips creeps me out. 

• Love 2