Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E17: Season 5 Reunion Special

• Start Topic

Finally got to some time to type some observations down...

• Nate has really done a 180 as far as impressions go on me since the first episode. I initially thought of him as slimy, immature, and possibly a player, but he somehow now comes across as probably the most mature man out of the three (not that Anthony is chopped liver...) He really is not only VERY mature for being 25, but a quite a solid gentleman indeed. He should be proud of himself.
  • Cody has absolutely no spine, whatsoever. If he did, he would have divorced during the first "reunion" show. Regardless if Danielle actually was hot or nice or funny (and IMO, she really isn't any of these things, at least from what I saw), nobody should have to hold out for sex for that long in a marriage.. Hell, even the BIBLE agrees about consummation! She probably just wants a dog-sitter and not to come home to an empty house- or maybe perhaps someone to help pay the rent, too. If there wasn't some sort if financial incentive from the show's producers involved with them staying together, I'd be really shocked.
  • Sheila probably has the nicest figure I've ever seen on this show. Now, if only she could "play nicer" during her arguments with Nate. I also don't think having "chocolate" is the biggest deal in the world- hell, I've never had chocolate, and I'm almost 40. Ive had a happy, fulfilling life, to each their own I guess.
  • Anthony and Ashley are so cute together and overall both so well-rounded, it's almost boring! (This show is known for its DRAMA, after all).
  •  
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, PrincessAndrea said:

Anthony and Ashley are so cute together and overall both so well-rounded, it's almost boring! (This show is known for its DRAMA, after all).

They did their best, though, through production, wonky editing & even getting Rachel in there to stir up trouble for Ashley.  Someone might've lost some 'drama causing commission' this season.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

Wait....What?  I thought this was the July 12th reunion.  I didn't even know there was an earlier one filmed!  I just saw your post on the other thread.  Looks to me like they decided to go with the one that made them look the most successful.  Why would they even film two reunions, though?  It makes no sense, but nothing about this show ever made any sense, to be honest!

I see some repeats scheduled for August 6 and 13 on FYI.  The latter time is listed as an hour and a half long, which is weird.  Now I'm pissed.  This early reunion means NOTHING.  They could all be divorced by now for all we know, although I doubt that with Ash/Ant.  This show sucks already, now even MORE.

I have no clue honestly because what is being said is coming from a "fan" on SM. So take it for what its worth there. 

7 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

No way did any of these people know each other before. It serves no good purpose to conjure "theories" out of the clear blue.

Honestly I wouldn't put it past this show. There is some stuff being put out there on the Boston recruiting and 2 people that already had been talking through a dating site but they want nothing to do with the show. 

6 hours ago, Hockeymom said:

I was shocked that Danielle and Cody hadn't "done it" yet until I realized this reunion was only a month after the final decision. And I have to say, they seemed to genuinely enjoy each other's company. I can understand a little better now why they are still trying. Since everything is upside down on this show, they're just doing it backwards. Get married, then slowly fall in love. They don't ever seem to have anything bad to say about each other. Even if they've since split, in that moment, I was rooting for them.

Of course Rachel is going to pursue the sex questions. She's the sexpert. That's why she's there. And Pastor Calvin is going to ask the "how does it make you feel when" questions because that's his job. I don't find Rachel creepy. I just think she has some unfortunate facial expressions. And hell yes, I totally want to know if Nate rang Sheila's bell and if Danielle finally said yes!

rachel is NOT a "sexpert" or anything of the sort. She claims to be a "life coach" or "coach". Which IMO is basically a joke. 

If this was by chance really filmed shortly after the decision day, it would fit with a time line for them still being married for sure but also for them to at this point now turn around and be able to finalize a divorce if that is what they wanted since it takes 6 months in that state if both parties agree and have been separated. 

5 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

If this was filmed in Nov it was just way too soon for any kind of reunion & makes me continue to feel they just want to settle in to Boston before any real updates come out.

Agree it was to soon but makes it look like they have these couples all still together and can have a successful season....while hoping you forget the past ones and how those turned out. With still trying to sucker in people for Boston they need something I guess. Yet at the same time things like this bring out a side of things that makes the show come off more fraud like than anything IMO. 

3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Maybe it's just him then, & the show of course.  I recall him mostly blah faced until Rachel said 'look at everyone they're all smiling' then BOOM, big smile from Cody LOL. Of course, there's always editing...

Could be they've pulled a Nick & Sonia as well. I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to deal with that convo on TV. We can't all be Sheila, discussing our lack of 'chocolate' with the world.

Yeah, can you imagine?  If they were open about it the exchange would probably go something like this:

Rachel (drooling):  Now, the question the WHOLE WORLD wants to know - Have you guys had sex yet???

Danielle (looking at Cody tentatively):  Well.......We have had a few make out sessions with some dry humping but that's about it so far. 

Yeah, I can fully understand why they would want to be quiet about that.....

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Palomar said:

Danielle says she isn't "in love" yet as her reason for not having sex.  Seriously?  It's not like she is a virgin. Was she in love before having sex with her other boyfriends? The population would be cut in half if being in love was a prerequisite for sex!   Is she even attracted to him? Do, they have foreplay or kiss or is it just completely platonic? Hey Danielle, maybe you will fall in love by having sex.  It's the natural progression if you are having "any" kind of a physical relationship.  This isn't a show to find the perfect roommate.  Free Cody if this is never going to happen. 

YES !   Exactly.  First of all she went into this show knowing she was marrying a STRANGER.  Then, she knew there would be a honeymoon with wine, nice food, exotic place, etc.. all nicely set up.  Then, Cody was not hard to look at .. Actually he is better looking than her .. and appeared to be a decent guy.   Then, Danielle is 31 and probably had sex before, probably with a guy or two who she wasn't in love with.  That all said, she could have at least tried sex with him once at least .. Maybe she would have had some chocolate.  I mean, the guy isn't Frakenstein and she does seem to like him, so what's the problem?  The girl acts like a prissy Virgin.  No other guy would take that nonsense.  Try it .. You might like it.

• Love 4

I hate myself for wasting an hour of my time on this boring ass reunion.  Seriously, they could not have made it more boring if they spent the ENTIRE hour talking about Sheila's elusive "chocolate" and Danielle's elusive sexual attraction to Cody, rather than 30-40 minutes.  

When was the reunion filmed?  Because it seems the couples married just about a year ago.  If Danielle and Cody aren't having sex by now, they never will.  And Danielle thinks the most awesome thing about Cody is how he acts with her dogs?  Seriously?  Why do I care? 

Sheila and Nate (and Nate's brother) have moved into her townhouse and she converted her dressing room into a bedroom for Tyrique?  Okay?  So why couldn't they have done that from the beginning?  I get starting fresh with a new space but unless the show is paying the rent, starting off with strained finances seems worse.  Why do I care? 

Only Ashley and Anthony seem to have any hope of lasting into 2018.  Surprised to hear that she wasn't pregnant since she looked as though she was wearing something to camoflauge her midsection. 

Once again, why do I care? 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

Only Ashley and Anthony seem to have any hope of lasting into 2018.  Surprised to hear that she wasn't pregnant since she looked as though she was wearing something to camoflauge her midsection. 

That big infinity scarf certainly achieved the desired effect of fueling speculation, didn't it?

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, magemaud said:

That big infinity scarf certainly achieved the desired effect of fueling speculation, didn't it?

At first I thought the same. She does typically wear things loose around the middle but I think she was specifically asked to dress in a way to fuel pregnancy speculation. There was nothing else they could do for interest & 'drama', since it's doubtful anyone was surprised about them still being together.

• Love 2

On a superficial note:

What the hell was Danielle wearing? That short striped dress was awful and the little brown flat suede booties omg. I remember having booties like that in the 70's with fringe on them. Girl has the worst taste in clothes (and bangs) ever!  I didn't realize how short she was.  I noticed when she stood up she was almost the same height as Dr. Pepper. She reminds me of a troll. 

Sheila looks great all the time. She has a great body so everything looks good on her, she is always spot on with her choices, down to the jewelry and shoes. Now if she could just get the hair right and cool her temper down she would be damn near perfect! 

Ashley always wears big dresses and tops that look like tents. I don't get it. I think she's going for the BoHo look but it's a fail. She's young, she should leave the Golden Girls attire for 30-40 years down the road. It looks like she's laid off the lip injections for a while cause her big red lips were not as distracting as usual. I picture her and Ant having a healthy, pudgy little baby boy with tons of curly dark hair just like his daddy. That will be a cute little family.

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

I hate myself for wasting an hour of my time on this boring ass reunion.  Seriously, they could not have made it more boring if they spent the ENTIRE hour talking about Sheila's elusive "chocolate" and Danielle's elusive sexual attraction to Cody, rather than 30-40 minutes.  

When was the reunion filmed?  Because it seems the couples married just about a year ago.  If Danielle and Cody aren't having sex by now, they never will.  And Danielle thinks the most awesome thing about Cody is how he acts with her dogs?  Seriously?  Why do I care? 

Sheila and Nate (and Nate's brother) have moved into her townhouse and she converted her dressing room into a bedroom for Tyrique?  Okay?  So why couldn't they have done that from the beginning?  I get starting fresh with a new space but unless the show is paying the rent, starting off with strained finances seems worse.  Why do I care? 

Once again, why do I care? 

Because you look like Robert Downey Jr. In that picture.  LMAO .. I know it doesn't make sense, but I'm joshing.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

On a superficial note:

What the hell was Danielle wearing? That short striped dress was awful and the little brown flat suede booties omg. I remember having booties like that in the 70's with fringe on them. Girl has the worst taste in clothes (and bangs) ever!  I didn't realize how short she was.  I noticed when she stood up she was almost the same height as Dr. Pepper. She reminds me of a troll. 

Sheila looks great all the time. She has a great body so everything looks good on her, she is always spot on with her choices, down to the jewelry and shoes. Now if she could just get the hair right and cool her temper down she would be damn near perfect! 

Ashley always wears big dresses and tops that look like tents. I don't get it. I think she's going for the BoHo look but it's a fail. She's young, she should leave the Golden Girls attire for 30-40 years down the road. It looks like she's laid off the lip injections for a while cause her big red lips were not as distracting as usual. I picture her and Ant having a healthy, pudgy little baby boy with tons of curly dark hair just like his daddy. That will be a cute little family.

OMG! I swear, I was just going to post something about that sweater dress five minutes ago.   What is it, about 20 or 30 years ago that it came out?  And the booties .. I just can't.  You are on national t.v. Girl.  Put on some sexy heels and a girly girl dress and dangling earrings and bracelet.  Throw in a hair stylist while you're at it.  You are not walking your dogs.

• Love 2

I see Danielle's ugly sweater dress... and raise you Cody's FUGLY FUGLY sweater...the black t shirt made it even more blocky block...like clothes printed on Lego  people.

Danielle/Cody dress BOHO Horrible...

Sheila and N8 dress sharp and fresh...cute LBD.

Ant/Ash dress respectable...not to stand out but to fit in.

Ash's scarf reminded me of the Lion King stage show costumes...

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Finally, someone said it! I've been noticing since the first episode that she reaches his nipples. When they're standing next to each other it looks like he can rest his arm on her head. When she's wearing leggings or tight jeans her legs looked so stumpy. You've probably been focusing on something else because whenever she was on screen that was all I would notice. That and her overgrown, greasy bangs. 

Most of the season, I've been watching it on replay after MAFS:SC and falling asleep during it.

7 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

I agree with you once people are already married, but don't you agree that to get married in the first place one should feel "in love" with their partner?  I think Danielle is right to want to feel this way first so she knows she's on the right track with the right person, but why she didn't feel that way by the time of this reunion and still acts hopeful for it is concerning.  It probably should have happened by then, although now we know the reunion probably happened a little too early to expect that.  Although she may have thrown in the towel since then, we don't know yet.

The whole pitch of MAFS is that all your crappy dating instincts are wrong and you need to be set up. Maybe Danielle is expecting to fall in love just due to proximity. Just from a research point of view, she should still throw him one and see if there's any chemistry there.

She rebuffed him on their wedding night, with Cody claiming they did everything... but intercourse.

On the honeymoon, when she gave him the green light, all the usual hints, signals, nudge, nudge, wink, winks that the runway was clear for landing...he decided to take it slow...wahnnnnt-wahh-wahhh.

I want to file divorce papers on their behalf...this is a sad marriage that they are forcing themselves to stay in.

The other couples were looking intently at their shoes when the experts' questions to Cody and Danielle were answered with the same "working hard on the marriage" and "being the best husband" bs.

4 sets of eyes rolling simultaneously wouldn't be very supportive...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

OMG! I swear, I was just going to post something about that sweater dress five minutes ago.   What is it, about 20 or 30 years ago that it came out?  And the booties .. I just can't.  You are on national t.v. Girl.  Put on some sexy heels and a girly girl dress and dangling earrings and bracelet.  Throw in a hair stylist while you're at it.  You are not walking your dogs.

I was trying not to be petty by commenting on Daniels dress and Cody's sweater!  Thanks for bringing it up.  

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, roseslg said:

I was trying not to be petty by commenting on Daniels dress and Cody's sweater!  Thanks for bringing it up.  

At least they share a love of indiscriminate garage sale shopping.

• Love 6

First: The one thing that those so called GD "experts" just wouldnt shut up about in the end of the show was the !@&#$%  3 for 3 bull crap. They were so happy this and so happy that about it. enough already lol. yeah yeah whatever, so they got 3 for 3 THIS season, so !@^#$% what? why dont they talk about the other 99% MAFS couples who are all divorced now. u dont hear them mentioning about that do u now? or do those pseudo "experts" just hope we have short memory and just forget about it? the truth is they are just throwing darts on a board and hope that things stick and nothing more. their so called "best match" is really nothing solid behind it at all but smoke and mirrors. the only season that I gave those "experts" any sort of credibility was the 1st one, then it fell off a cliff to zero right after that. they are there purely for comical and entertainment purposes only more than for any real help to the couples. Time to re-vamp the show and replace the "experts".

Second: Another thing I want to mention is the blatant, annoying, and obnoxious way they edit the show. I am new here to this forum and after reading it mentioned and mentioned over and over again by so many others, I then started to see what everyone was saying. Its so true. It really is and I never really gave it much thought until just recently. We are going to watch the show as fans anyways, so I think that they can stop doing all those editing "tricks" and all those other pointless and super annoying show theatrics. Makes me want to hurl my remote thru the tv every time I see that lol

Last: As for the 3 for 3 trifecta, what can I say really? im pretty much speechless hahaha. no words will ever do that justice lmao. so instead maybe not words but acronyms for them.

A&A - LOL and 143

Nate/Sheila - WTF and OMG

Cody/Danielle - FML and GFY

• Love 1
2 hours ago, StormyClouds said:

On twitter recently, someone went after Cody. They said "at least I am having sex regularly". Cody responded with something like "so am I". 

Yup, down in the guest room with Rosie Palmer again! 

• Love 2

I hate that reunion shows are clip shows. They get everyone together to watch the tv show. We've all seen the show, we want to see real conversation,  and real explanations about why things appeared so off. 

5 hours ago, Swim mom said:

I hate that reunion shows are clip shows. They get everyone together to watch the tv show. We've all seen the show, we want to see real conversation,  and real explanations about why things appeared so off. 

Right? God forbid they show us the real deal and not the made up bs the producers decide on. 

• Love 4
On August 4, 2017 at 0:51 PM, pdlinda1 said:

IMO, as soon as their contractual obligations end with the show, so will the "marriages."  Maybe A&A make it, but, even with them it's doubtful...real life does interfere.  Remember Tom and Lily???  They professed the "success" of their marriage until it was over...

I remember Tom and Lily.  The show made it seem like they were so in love, so made for each other, but then they got a divorce, and I wondered if their "love story" was even real.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I remember Tom and Lily.  The show made it seem like they were so in love, so made for each other, but then they got a divorce, and I wondered if their "love story" was even real.

I thought they were mismatched for each other. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, JAndy said:

I thought they were mismatched for each other. 

And how.  He lived on the beach with that bus and she was a sharp business woman.  There was nothing about Lily I didn't like.  Agreeable, sweet, etc.   This show must have a contract with big bonus money if they stay married for a certain time just to make everything look real.  Pftttt.  After all these seasons, it seems like a big waste of time for the viewers.  But of course I'll watch it again like a fool LOL.

• Love 4

Not yet.....

We are waiting for Danielle and Cody to announce their separation and eventual divorce....

N8 and Sheila may hang in there for a while but it is not a solid marriage...still gelling...

And we are waiting for Ant/Ash to announce her pregnancy and the birth of the first of many D'Amico-Petta bambinos...

(no more new episodes airing)

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

We are waiting for Danielle and Cody to announce their separation and eventual divorce....

N8 and Sheila may hang in there for a while but it is not a solid marriage...still gelling...

LOL Maybe they are waiting the time frame it takes for one to go through and then it will be announced. All I know is that at together or not (which I don't think they are), they at least are not being jerks on SM to each other....at least no one has said they have been. So maybe they formed a nice friendship from this. 

As for Nate and Sheila.....I can imagine they are just keeping the "faith". I feel like that is the only reason they kept trying during the show and are now. Either way good luck to them in that marriage. 

15 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Its hard to even believe much with this show at this point. It does make you wonder a bit more on what is real from it and what is tossed in contracts that they can't speak of. Which maybe its not mentioned at the beginning but towards the end with another signed contract to keep things hush hush. I honestly wouldn't put it past this show to do this. Especially after seeing this season end as it did. 

On 8/12/2017 at 1:14 PM, Evil Queen said:

LOL Maybe they are waiting the time frame it takes for one to go through and then it will be announced. All I know is that at together or not (which I don't think they are), they at least are not being jerks on SM to each other....at least no one has said they have been. So maybe they formed a nice friendship from this. 

As for Nate and Sheila.....I can imagine they are just keeping the "faith". I feel like that is the only reason they kept trying during the show and are now. Either way good luck to them in that marriage. 

Its hard to even believe much with this show at this point. It does make you wonder a bit more on what is real from it and what is tossed in contracts that they can't speak of. Which maybe its not mentioned at the beginning but towards the end with another signed contract to keep things hush hush. I honestly wouldn't put it past this show to do this. Especially after seeing this season end as it did. 

I believe that Tom and Lilly were in love - or close to it - more so than the other couples from their season. They just weren't compatible in the long-term.

I'd like to think that Nate has grown to love Sheila (as opposed to just giving her those "sop her up with a biscuit" looks), and I'd like to think that Sheila is committed to love and the marriage. I don't know how this will play out beyond the show either.

On 8/12/2017 at 10:18 PM, humbleopinion said:

https://twitter.com/Nate_MAFS?lang=en

Duhons at Atlantis...the t shirt business MUST be booming...living large and celebrating their anniversary in grand style

Which anniversary? ;) 

23 hours ago, Jellybeans said:

You can good money selling t-shirts.  Take a look at Etsy t-shirt stores and their sales numbers.

Yes they can but it will also depend on what the shirts are. Things like Yogi or I'm not impressed are not exactly as unique as he may think. There are plenty of yogi shirts out there. I wouldn't be surprised if the ones that sell more on places like Etsy are Disney themed shirts. Which I have bought before for my husband since it was so fitting...I work to support my wife's Disney addiction. I had tried to find some cute ones for my friend and I when we did our Tink 5k at the parks but couldn't find anything. Yet when it comes to stupid sayings on shirts like Nate's.......no thanks. I don't see most running off to log on and buy his shirts. Same with Nick and his Section 8 bs. Most viewers are not going to be into those things and there is a very slim chance someone will come across the website selling them. Its just not a money making thing for most IMO. Same with anything really so hopefully he didn't quit his day job to do just this. 

• Love 2

I really enjoy reading all the comments here.  So much more than the program.  I do not do FB, Twitter, Instagram etc.  I would appreciate it if those of you that do, will post if you see something interesting here.

• Love 2