Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

JD strikes me as a 'dabbler'. He does a little of this and a little of that, but doesn't actually have a place of business where he shows up every morning and works an eight hour shift. IIRC, the Constable position is unpaid. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Nysha said:

Six adult children and only JD has a real job? Jana's job is to look after all the little ones, but they're to an age where they don't really need a lot of attention. I guess if the little ones have jurisdictions, Jana is their gatekeeper. But, beyond that, what do these kidults do all day? They don't read, watch tv, or play games on the computer, let alone anything that costs money like camping, fishing, boating, or skiing. Being a Duggar has got to be the most boring existence in America.

Here is my guess:

Jana still has to delegate the laundry, meals and schedules of JD, Joe, Josiah, Jedidiah, Jeremiah, Joy, Jason, Justin. The lost girls probably spend their time with those chores (sans Josie) delegated to them, as well as entertaining 'guests' such as Dullards and Seewalds. It's a busy house even if the menfolk are at work.

The adult men and the older boys seem to keep the family business afloat  with renovations/real-estate/rentals, flying, mechanics and car sales. It wouldn't surprise me to find they make a good living hiring out the heavy equipment/operators to local businesses that need things dug up, pushed around or buried< that excavation business alone can build a reputation and support more than just JD IF they are busy.

JB was able to build this business with very little /no debt. From his early years in real-estate, JB may have former connections that still help him purchase real estate at discount prices. IF you have cash in hand, you can pounce on this type of deal. Now imagine if you had the machinery and labour available that JB has, no debt. He certainly can build a good business that can keep 19 MEN employed (remember the wimins are home having babies).  A 25 employee business is NOT a stretch. If the show is cancelled they can rely on their business to keep them comfortable, but they may have to pull back on the luxuries they have been enjoying.

I don't believe Bin helps much in the business anymore, and I don't think Derelict ever did. JB may be building a mission/ministry for the sons-in-law.

Jana and JD are probably busy.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

JD strikes me as a 'dabbler'. He does a little of this and a little of that, but doesn't actually have a place of business where he shows up every morning and works an eight hour shift. IIRC, the Constable position is unpaid. 

JD is probably the most useful of the Duggar brothers wrt to being skilled at a good many things.  He could surely train to be a certified fork lift and other heavy machinery operations.  Those jobs pay fairly well.

Honestly, though, JD could very easily work a job for a local employer and still have time to help out at home. He appears painfully shy and won't stand up to Boob...he's a grown ass 27 year old man.

3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

He's a jack of all trades & master of none.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Constable position is unpaid

To his credit it appears that JD is the only Duggar that actually volunteers in a way that benefits the general community and not just the Duggars' small group of like minded friends or missions and all their variations.

• Love 13
44 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

To his credit it appears that JD is the only Duggar that actually volunteers in a way that benefits the general community and not just the Duggars' small group of like minded friends or missions and all their variations.

True, but he is only allowed to do so because daddy and Gothard approved certain careers and volunteering in order to spread their hidden message. And after watching the one embarrassing episode where JB and Michelle were trying to portray JD as a major catch, he certainly made a mockery of law enforcement officers by playing the Duggar version of Barney Fife. Makes me wonder how desperate the voters are where he lives to elect him into any form of law enforcement field, and how desperate they are for law enforcement officers they would want someone like JD to be attempting to serve and protect. Plus the fact his sisters were going with him on fire department calls for awhile to make sure he was not tempted by a heathen female. Makes me more proud, grateful, and respectful for the law enforcement and emergency personnel where I live instead of having a Duggar to call in case of an emergency.

23 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

JD is officially elected now. I think he was just in a volunteer cop position before this; I remember him losing an election for this post in the past. We don't have Constables here. Why is it elected by party? Our law enforcement officers should be non-partisan, IMO. 

https://www.co.washington.ar.us/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=10609

You would think...same thing with judges and school board, who should be impartial, but where I live party is declared.  Even if we had an election for dog catcher, they would have to declare a party, too.

i only hope that Boob isn't pushing JD to run an expensive campaign for anything. Joshley crapped in his own mess kit wrt a political career, so maybe Boob is looking to JD now for a political career.

• Love 3

Constables are the para-cops that are used to throw renters or people that have defaulted out of properties the occupy. Yeah, his job was mostly pretending to be a cop then loving throwing needy people out on their asses from daddies rental homes. He never left tge like minded bubble. Not sure about this new position though,

We don't have Constables in my area either. I think many voters feel the need to vote on everything on the ballot and many vote by name recognition and/or party affiliation. I guessing name recognition might be at least part of the reason JD was voted in.

4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

We don't have Constables in my area either. I think many voters feel the need to vote on everything on the ballot and many vote by name recognition and/or party affiliation. I guessing name recognition might be at least part of the reason JD was voted in.

Yes and no. He lost the last bid for election for this office, so he was a volunteer rent-a-cop until whenever he was sworn in. I'm pretty sure that this is the first time he's been in elected office. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

JD is probably the most useful of the Duggar brothers wrt to being skilled at a good many things.  He could surely train to be a certified fork lift and other heavy machinery operations.  Those jobs pay fairly well.

Honestly, though, JD could very easily work a job for a local employer and still have time to help out at home. He appears painfully shy and won't stand up to Boob...he's a grown ass 27 year old man.

JD probably would have a real job/career in construction or aviation if he were allowed to do so. The fact that he appears to have hobbies at all shows that he, at some point, expressed an interest and then pursued that interest. Unfortunately, whether out of loyalty, brainwashing, or simply fear of JB, poor JD is stuck being a dabbler. But I do think it is a JB/upbringing issue, because if JD were the typical lazy Duggar he wouldn't have bothered to find things to fill his time. 

• Love 6

The problem, in my opinion, is the fact he had to get permission from JB to have any interests, and JB is paying for the planes and telling him who he can fly around and work with. He is twenty seven years old. He should be able to tell his parents and Gothard to go take a flying leap at a rolling donut when it comes to what he can or cannot do. I cannot understand how a young man who is controlled by his father can go out and be a law enforcement officer because daddy says it is okay. I cannot stand JD, but I do feel sorry for him because of it. Makes me wonder if daddy has some influence in him winning the election to be a constable.

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

The problem, in my opinion, is the fact he had to get permission from JB to have any interests, and JB is paying for the planes and telling him who he can fly around and work with. He is twenty seven years old. He should be able to tell his parents and Gothard to go take a flying leap at a rolling donut when it comes to what he can or cannot do. I cannot understand how a young man who is controlled by his father can go out and be a law enforcement officer because daddy says it is okay. I cannot stand JD, but I do feel sorry for him because of it. Makes me wonder if daddy has some influence in him winning the election to be a constable.

I agree. I also wonder how much Josh's failings have affected him-if he feels like he has to work harder and be the ideal hardworking son to replace Josh. Therapists would have a field day with that family. 

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, questionfear said:

I agree. I also wonder how much Josh's failings have affected him-if he feels like he has to work harder and be the ideal hardworking son to replace Josh. Therapists would have a field day with that family. 

Now THAT I would totally watch...we'd all really love to know what really goes on in that house.  I would imagine we wouldn't get to see much due to it being hard on the kids to emote and talk about things. We've already heard about some of the  boys being punished for touching themselves..just hope someone writes a tell all and they don't wait until their parents have shuffled off their mortal coil.

3 hours ago, questionfear said:

3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Now THAT I would totally watch...we'd all really love to know what really goes on in that house.  I would imagine we wouldn't get to see much due to it being hard on the kids to emote and talk about things. We've already heard about some of the  boys being punished for touching themselves..just hope someone writes a tell all and they don't wait until their parents have shuffled off their mortal coil.

I am a therapist and working with any of them would be very interesting, challenging and heartbreaking. Depending on why they're seeking therapy and where they are within the family dynamic they would probably initially have a hard time knowing what feelings are their own and what feelings are their parents. And they would have to get past speaking poorly of their parents to another person, because it's one thing to think something and a whole other thing to say it out loud and let in hang in the air. No putting the genie back in the bottle. It would also be challenging because they really have no clue to how the rest of the world works so normal comparisons or reality checks, so to speak, are almost no existent. And throughout it all they likely would be struggling with "maybe my parents are right", "Jesus", "the devil".

Out of the lonely Js I would hazard to guess that Josiah would be the easiest one to work with.

I think Jessa would be the most difficult.

• Love 11
52 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

It's Joe's birthday today. Jill and Jessa have already posted lame birthday videos not worth posting here.

I'm in suspense as to whether he will get his drippy sundae.

I guess we won't get to see the drippy sundae until Boob and Michelle do their fill in the blank birthday greeting  about his servant's heart...ad nauseam...wash, rinse, repeat...

Jessa went on about what a godly young man he'd become, and tried to convince the audience that they (and Jinger) were super close as kids "climbing trees, racing cars in the house," etc. Yes, Jessa, I really believe that you and Jinger were tree climbers in those frumpers and Little House bloomers you used to wear. Riiiiight. 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I was raised "Catholic," and don't remember EVER hearing the word "Godly." Is this a fundie thing?

Not necessarily only a Fundy thing, but more prevalent among Fundy groups.

The word "godly" is meant to describe a person who aspires to goodness, kindness, virtuosity. It's a compliment of the highest order, but Fundyland has managed to "nause" it up with a nauseous super "nause".  It's so overused that it almost sounds contrived.

• Love 5

Aaaaaaand, we have a drippy sundae...

16113900_968389436628039_31031701913384682_n.jpg

Caption: 

"Happy birthday Joseph! 

As you were growing up we remember you being our sweet, smiley, quiet, little fella. Now you have grown into a strong, quiet & tender young man!

Your faithfulness in rising early to spend time alone with God in prayer and in His word is an inspiration.

You are such a diligent worker! When you are asked to do a job, you'll get it done without complaint and you often return to see what else there is that you can do to help!

We are grateful for your love for others and your leadership qualities as you encourage and disciple other young guys to take their relationship with God seriously.

May you continue to walk humbly with Jesus all the days of your life!

We love you Joe!
Mom & Dad"

Hey, Sarah Maxwell is "diligent," too! Set 'em up! LOL

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Caption: 

"Happy birthday Joseph! 

As you were growing up we remember you being our sweet, smiley, quiet, little fella. Now you have grown into a strong, quiet & tender young man!

Your faithfulness in rising early to spend time alone with God in prayer and in His word is an inspiration.

You are such a diligent worker! When you are asked to do a job, you'll get it done without complaint and you often return to see what else there is that you can do to help!

We are grateful for your love for others and your leadership qualities as you encourage and disciple other young guys to take their relationship with God seriously.

We love you Joe!
Mom & Dad"

He looks like a 5 year old between his parents 

• Love 7

Nothing says true parental love like a free drippy sundae. Nothing.

Have they completely given up on the personalised birthday parties now that TLC isn't filming them anymore? Now all the kids, regardless of age, just get a drippy sundae? I don't recall seeing any cakes or birthday parties for a good long while now.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Vaysh said:

Nothing says true parental love like a free drippy sundae. Nothing.

Have they completely given up on the personalised birthday parties now that TLC isn't filming them anymore? Now all the kids, regardless of age, just get a drippy sundae? I don't recall seeing any cakes or birthday parties for a good long while now.

Cake is way too much effort to serve to 30+ people...better to buy cheap ice cream and give everyone a scoop.  Jim Boob has worn out his welcome expecting others to serve his brood and not get a tip and has basically ruined the "kids eat free" for everyone, so now only one child and one drippy sundae.  They all seem to look alike. Maybe Boob bought one as a prop...that sounds just like him...

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm in suspense as to whether he will get his drippy sundae.

Hahaha!  You called it!  They are so predictable!  What'll be the next birthday trend, do you think?

7 hours ago, louannems said:

Off topic, but for another lame birthday greeting, check out 35 yr old Sarah Maxwell's .

So sad :(

3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Caption: 

"Happy birthday Joseph! 

We love you Joe!
Mom & Dad"

hey, at least michelle is having a good day -- haven't seen her look this nice in a long while. 

3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Caption: 

"Happy birthday Joseph! 

We love you Joe!
Mom & Dad"

Well, apparently "Joseph" does not have a "servant's heart" so all he gets is the drippy sundae thing ...

46 minutes ago, zoomama said:

hey, at least michelle is having a good day -- haven't seen her look this nice in a long while. 

You're too kind. I think the mice that live in that hair nest are hibernating for the winter. Still looks awful to me. I guess we can be glad the green blouse didn't make an appearance for the "party."

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Notice that there is no other food, and the silverware is untouched? The sundae is free for birthday celebrants. Way to go, Boob! 

Notice, too, that everyone is drinking water. I believe the extra spoons are so that Mom and Dad can "share" the sundae rather than actually buying something of their own to eat.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, awaken said:

It's all so predictable and repetitive. How is this even special for the birthday person?  I guess that's the point :(

What did Josie get? An applesauce manicure, green beans with vinegar? If she's still lactose intolerant...they could have given her a cupcake.

2 hours ago, awaken said:

How is this even special for the birthday person?  I guess that's the point :(

It isn't. Boob is worth an estimated 3 mil. The least he could do is take each child to the restaurant of their choice for their birthday, especially considering none of these kids get attention any other time of the year. 

• Love 3