Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

(edited)

TLC should inject nice single men into the camera crew and production staff. Wasn't there a rumour of one of the crew members and Jana having a close friendship?

Why can't Jinger pay it forward and find a decent prospect among Babe's friends. Someone from Finland perhaps :) (I think that's where he played, not sure)

@RazzleberryPie haven't we seen Jana with groups of girls who aren't Duggs in some photos. I'm thinking of a bathroom project she did with another girl and election night. Those photos make me think that Jana has branched beyond her sisters. I wonder if she is ever 'allowed' to go and visit them in their habitat. 

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, truebluesmoky said:

Do you think Jana and John David know that TLC would 100% create a show for them if they wanted to go out on their own and get apartment and date normally, try new clothes, etc.? 

At first the show would draw in the viewers because a Duggar child *gasp* told JB and Michelle to go jump in the lake, but after a while watching Jana and JD adjusting to the real world would be like watching the paint dry or the grass grow. I would love to see the scene where one or more child jumps the Duggar cult ship, but a show where they try to adjust to the real world, imo, would not be exciting or interesting because we already seen bad episodes where they are trying to prove the Duggars are stepping out in the real world by trying new things.

Nobody is going to live up to Jana's unrealistic expections. She's never been allowed to date to know what relationships are really like, and brainwashed into thinking if she prays hard enough Prince Charming will show up at her door. Then she'll be forced to have a litter of kids and be totally submissive even to an idiot. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

I'd like to know why Jana can't meet a nice man at any of these weddings?  Surely, there's got to be someone nice for her there.

The issue is, I feel, largely because great throngs of the "eligible fundie males" are married before they pass college age.  It's worse than non-fundies, and that's pretty bad in itself once you pass a certain age based upon weddings I've attended.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

At first the show would draw in the viewers because a Duggar child *gasp* told JB and Michelle to go jump in the lake, but after a while watching Jana and JD adjusting to the real world would be like watching the paint dry or the grass grow. I would love to see the scene where one or more child jumps the Duggar cult ship, but a show where they try to adjust to the real world, imo, would not be exciting or interesting because we already seen bad episodes where they are trying to prove the Duggars are stepping out in the real world by trying new things.

The only kid that challenged the Dugg cult was Josh.  We don't know what Jana, Josiah or Sinner did to get time at the reprogramming camps, but it makes them much more interesting. 

• Love 4

I can't get over how homely poor JD is.  He seems like a good, solid guy who'd make some Fundy gal a decent husband.  How about an episode where  JD gets a style makeover for his pie faced complexion, greasy melon head, and awful haircut.? Get him a decent haircut and a skin and scalp care regimen, and that would go a long way.  I think he could be quite passable. 

The stress of being sexually repressed, a poor diet, being JBs slave, and constant sleep deprivation of piloting everyone around aren't helping his looks either.  He's a dead ringer for his grandpa Ruark, who was a nice looking man.  His grandpa had the same receding hairline, but the cut gave him a different look entire.

• Love 9
(edited)
8 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I can't get over how homely poor JD is.  He seems like a good, solid guy who'd make some Fundy gal a decent husband.  How about an episode where  JD gets a style makeover for his pie faced complexion, greasy melon head, and awful haircut.? Get him a decent haircut and a skin and scalp care regimen, and that would go a long way.  I think he could be quite passable. 

The stress of being sexually repressed, a poor diet, being JBs slave, and constant sleep deprivation of piloting everyone around aren't helping his looks either.  He's a dead ringer for his grandpa Ruark, who was a nice looking man.  His grandpa had the same receding hairline, but the cut gave him a different look entire.

I expect any makeovers of JD or Jana would be quickly nixed. If they escape, who the hell would do the Duggar family's work for the next 40 years or so? 

20 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I wonder what the status of the building Jana purchased is?

By guess is its status is ABJPINO (a building Jana purchased in name only). I'd love to be wrong, but I can't imagine that it's anything other than another building Jizm Bob bought, though for whatever reason he's sticking random kids' names on those building now, and JB will do with it whatever JB wants. As I said -- really really hope I'm wrong about this. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8

Maybe some small part of him is thinking ahead, and he's future-proofing, so if he should die suddenly, some of the older kids have something they own that won't be factored into inheritence taxes and the like, because they're not part of his estate.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, kalamac said:

Maybe some small part of him is thinking ahead, and he's future-proofing, so if he should die suddenly, some of the older kids have something they own that won't be factored into inheritence taxes and the like, because they're not part of his estate.

That would be nice, but this is Jim Bob we're talking about. Most likely he's doing those moves because they are (or could eventually be) beneficial to him or his ''brand'' - the fact they could profit his children is but a side effect.

• Love 4

I think Jana used her own money to buy that property.  After all, she has been paid by TLC directly since she was 18-years-old.  And, she's never had to pay rent or buy food.  Money needs to be invested somewhere because it makes very little interest in a bank account.  I'm sure Jim Bob and Grandma Mary gave her a lot of good advice before she made that purchase.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I expect any makeovers of JD or Jana would be quickly nixed. If they escape, who the hell would do the Duggar family's work for the next 40 years or so? 

By guess is its status is ABJPINO (a building Jana purchased in name only). I'd love to be wrong, but I can't imagine that it's anything other than another building Jizm Bob bought, though for whatever reason he's sticking random kids' names on those building now, and JB will do with it whatever JB wants. As I said -- really really hope I'm wrong about this. 

42 minutes ago, PinkyCupcake said:

That would be nice, but this is Jim Bob we're talking about. Most likely he's doing those moves because they are (or could eventually be) beneficial to him or his ''brand'' - the fact they could profit his children is but a side effect.

JimBob probably realized if he was to be sued, all the properties in his name could potentially be taken or sold if something major went down against him. Putting things in other names protects at least bits and pieces. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

JimBob probably realized if he was to be sued, all the properties in his name could potentially be taken or sold if something major went down against him. Putting things in other names protects at least bits and pieces. 

Indeed! That's what I had in mind writing my previous post. It's a common strategy; Jim Bob would definitely not be the first one to be using it.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, kalamac said:

You're probably right, except I think JB is more about not letting the Gubment or lawyers get and tax or fees, than actually providing for his kids. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, PinkyCupcake said:

Indeed! That's what I had in mind writing my previous post. It's a common strategy; Jim Bob would definitely not be the first one to be using it.

Yep, I honestly never understood why my grandmother never did it. Well, I do know, she was an greedy evil bitch, but that s different story. She had a business she and my grandfather, father, aunt and her husband and my uncle all worked for, and then she basically had everyone's houses in her name too, including at least one of my cousin's and I'm pretty sure a different cousin had a business and a house also in my grandmother's name too. So very stupid. All it could have taken was one major lawsuit and they all could have been completely screwed. 

• Love 3

The deeds to Jim Bob's properties are held by a limited liability company (Duggar properties LLC) or by a trust (James R. and Michelle A. Duggar Revocable Living Trust). 

You can just do a Google search under those names and find the properties he and Michelle own.

He doesn't have any reason to put the deeds in the names of his children.  The kids make their own property investments and they grown kids have their own money to buy real estate.

1 hour ago, Mollie said:

I'm sure Jim Bob and Grandma Mary gave her a lot of good advice before she made that purchase.

Of course, truly good advice would have been to split the money into two parts -- one for investment in real estate or whatever -- and the rest to get herself moved to a different town, moved into a modest apartment, and enrolled in a community-college program in something that interests her as she looks for a job so she can support herself, make a life for herself, and start earning some Social Security and so on to be a little supplement to her investment. lol

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Of course, truly good advice would have been to split the money into two parts -- one for investment in real estate or whatever -- and the rest to get herself moved to a different town, moved into a modest apartment, and enrolled in a community-college program in something that interests her as she looks for a job so she can support herself, make a life for herself, and start earning some Social Security and so on to be a little supplement to her investment. lol

The adult kids are all paying into Social Security on their TLC income.  If they are paid by TLC as independent contractors, they are also paying the employer's portion as well.

7 minutes ago, Mollie said:

The adult kids are all paying into Social Security on their TLC income.  If they are paid by TLC as independent contractors, they are also paying the employer's portion as well.

Yeah, you're right. I somehow don't think of any of them as being legal adults who are subject to legal adulthood laws. They look like minors to me. Plus, I'm too full of the JIm-Bob-takes-all-the-money Kool Aid. ......

Nevertheless, it still would have been millions of times better advice to tell her to take some her money and get out on her own to go to school and start working for somebody other than tv. Since that's the only way she can ever get a life of her own. .... Of course, she never will get such a life. She's a wholly-owned subsidiary, bought by that TLC money. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

You're probably right, except I think JB is more about not letting the Gubment or lawyers get and tax or fees, than actually providing for his kids. 

Yup. He has all of his assets locked up in trusts. @kalamac, this is how Americans also get around paying inheritance tax. Beneficiaries still have to pay income tax though. Ask me how I know. 

• Love 2

They are so freaking ignorant, and the leg humpers are going along for the ride. I think I saw pictures at FJ and Gil, and two Bates boys were there. It looked like a basketball clinic, not an ongoing thing. How in the world can their area have a Boys and Girls Club with a full indoor court? My daughter goes to the nicest B&G Club in our area, and it has a regular, outdoor court. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I only looked at the Rogers facility and it appears to have an indoor basketball court based on the photos.

Fayetteville also appears to have an indoor court.

Edited by Absolom

A leghumper confirmed that the particular court shown in the picture was from the basketball camp at Fort Wayne, IN two weeks ago. Stupid leghumper thought they were still there. Uh, no. JD flew them back over a week ago. 

• Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, SMama said:

Why lie, why imply it's an ongoing activity Justin loves to do? A google three point shot you idiots?

Because they have been criticized for isolating their children and this is proof that at least one of them is allowed to socialize with someone whose last name is not Duggar. Oh, and lying just comes naturally to these people. They've been misrepresenting their family for so long, they don't even have to think about it anymore.

Edited by Nysha
Needed to get rid of a roaming apostrophe s
  • Love 8

Boob seems to now fly everywhere, must be expensive. There's fuel, then renting a vehicle at their destination, food, and lodging. No need to pay the pilot, poor JD.

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, SMama said:

Why lie, why imply it's an ongoing activity Justin loves to do? 

Because they have to pretend to be normal.  So people will lurrrrrve them. And keep supporting their TeeVee show. Even though in truth they don't allow their children to pursue any activities or interests or see any people other than Jizm Bob and their own siblings. And their sibling relationships are based on spying, undercutting, and ratting out, not friendship. 

But we mustn't let anyone see that. Because otherwise they might not lurrrrrve our TeeVee show and provide us with money. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11

Did Boob feel compelled to post the under the rim shot by Justin because he is jealous of Warden's superior skills? This is the man who body checked his much smaller son playing paint ball, then laughed like a donkey about it. These kids are crammed bible speak down their throats 24/7, it would be nice to play just for fun. And let them wear shorts, no one to defraud there.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, floridamom said:

With all due respect to the Almighty, who I believe exists, can't these kids do ANYTHING that doesn't have to involve the Bible? Can't play basketball because they simply enjoy the sport?

If they aren't thinking about the Lord 24/7 Satan's going find a way to build fortresses in their hearts. They claim that God is good and that they are so blessed but fear seems to be their real emotion.

• Love 13

My mother used to say, even things that are good and healthy for you, if overdone, become unhealthy for you. We need variety and moderation in life. These people "consume the same exact meal" 24/7/365 for 70 years....their beliefs become unhealthy, IMO.

• Love 14
22 hours ago, floridamom said:

With all due respect to the Almighty, who I believe exists, can't these kids do ANYTHING that doesn't have to involve the Bible? Can't play basketball because they simply enjoy the sport?

No. They can't. That's the purpose of the constant mention of 'God is watching' etc. it's to program them to be able to not ever thing if anything else but they're rules. I also believe in God, am a Christian, but these people are more about control than pleasing God.

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

No. They can't. That's the purpose of the constant mention of 'God is watching' etc. it's to program them to be able to not ever thing if anything else but they're rules. I also believe in God, am a Christian, but these people are more about control than pleasing God.

Exactly. These are greedy-for-power, selfish, control freaks. Religion is largely just their cover. 

If JB and M had no religion, they'd either just find some other "larger purpose" to justify their controlling ways or simply try to enforce them using more concrete means. Not that lots of control freaks don't fervently embrace a god -- but that's only because calling your will a god's will greatly strengthens the argument for trying to force people to do your will. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

What's worse, is that Ma and Pa Duggar believe that controlling behavior is what is pleasing to God.

• Love 4

Churchhoney, you're always so insightful with your posts.  I was taught in CATHOLIC SCHOOL during the 1960s and 70s that control is not Godly. God does not want to control every aspect of our lives. We have free will and we all have our journeys and roads to live out....it's where we are with Him when we leave this world. We should have learned a lot for ourselves by our life experiences and should have come to more wisdom in this life. Knowledge gained and the love we have experienced are the only two things we bring with us when we leave this world...(if you believe in something after this life). I don't think the Duggar children have learned anything on their own. Complete control and fear of straying is what keeps them 'so good'.

• Love 8

I think Free Will scares the Duggar parents more than anything else. They've spent their children's entire lives forcing them into a narrow-minded version of Christianity so that they wouldn't even think of doing anything but following the Duggar line. Now, Jessa watches commercial TV shows and Jinger wears pants, not to mention Josh and his unholy activities. Now that the Howlers and Lost Girls, who probably didn't get the blanket-training and other asinine abuse/control activities that the older ones got, are growing up, will they adhere to Duggar/Gothard lives? Or, as soon as they're old enough, will they decide to escape the compound.

I think Michelle bonded and raised her first 4-6 kids, they may resent the restrictions but they follow them out of respect and love for their parents. The middle 4-6 kids don't the emotional bond, but I think they got the abusive discipline. The last 4-6 kids, except for Josie, not only don't seem to have a strong emotional bond, but they also don't seem to have been punished for breathing wrong. Josie is the only one, besides Josh, that Michelle took an interest in past babyhood, but she also didn't get the harsh punishment, so it will be interesting to see if she sticks with the plan.

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, ariel said:

The late great Julia Child used to say "everything in moderation including moderation.  She lived to be a ripe old age.  

Ah, but she probably wasn't saved, so the rest of eternity won't be going so well for her...

That sort of thinking really gets my hackles up. 

I suppose that it you asked the Duggars, they would still say that Free Will was a precious gift, just that they do everything in their power to make sure that only godly choices are readily available. Or something. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Exactly. These are greedy-for-power, selfish, control freaks. Religion is largely just their cover. 

If JB and M had no religion, they'd either just find some other "larger purpose" to justify their controlling ways or simply try to enforce them using more concrete means. Not that lots of control freaks don't fervently embrace a god -- but that's only because calling your will a god's will greatly strengthens the argument for trying to force people to do your will. 

It's funny, I see JB & M not so much as control freaks, but more as being controlled. I see them as needing something or someone to guide them and then blindly following to reach a life that they believe is obtainable, but in reality isn't. The end goal that Gothard sells sounds awesome, but isn't something that can be globally obtained and certainly not by his measures. I see JB & M fulling invested in following Gothard to create this Christian utopia. 

• Love 4