Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

On 12/27/2016 at 5:13 PM, Tasya said:

When I'm baking it makes me happy; Jana looks so sad to be toiling away. 

Because I'm sure you do it because you want to and when you feel like it.  Your everyday duties don't include cooking for 30 every day, unless that's part of a paying or volunteer job.

You 'dhave to bake 2 and a half dozen cookies for everyone to get ONE...that's a lot of baking on a Duggar scale.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm pretty sure that Jed and Jer become officially "Lonely J's" today. Happy birthday, poor boys.

Can't wait for the canned servant's heart birthday wishes...at least with twins they'll use the same greeting...they're lazy like that...too lazy to realize twins are individuals...

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Can't wait for the canned servant's heart birthday wishes...at least with twins they'll use the same greeting...they're lazy like that...too lazy to realize twins are individuals...

Exactly. Except for when they are counting their trophies children.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

You think they will have to share the birthday ice cream ?

• Love 4

All I ever really see when I look at a Duggarling is -- Aaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Jizm Bob's kid!!!!! ...... Pretty much stops me from feeling any of them are attractive. It's like I see his big horrible face plastered over theirs. Wonder how many locals they know also have that response.

• Love 4

Jesus, I didn't know that those sundaes were free, too. I thought that those idiot, losers actually took their children out for a special birthday treat (that just happened to be a little gross). JB can't even pry his wallet open for his special blessings on their birthdays?

• Love 5

You've been on this board for ages. I think you know the answer to that question. :D

This IS Boob we're talking about! But back to the boys, I find it interesting that they took off without the parents to get their free ice cream. It's a normal reaction to turning 18 that I bet most of us had. Ditch the 'rents! 

But seriously, they were probably on the road doing work at one of Boob's flip houses, and didn't have time to sit down and eat one of those sundaes, hence the take out containers. 

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

Brought over from the Duggalos thread.

I think that Jana is very timid and fearful. I don't know if that is her nature, or she's just had the life beat out of her.

In her world marriage is 100% forever. There is no possibility of divorce, if you make a mistake, you're just stuck. There is no time to really get to know a potential spouse, either. Once you agree to a "courtship" you are essentially engaged.

Marriage means sex. She has spent a lifetime learning about how awful and sinful sex is, and what lustful animals men are. It wouldn't surprise me if she wasn't -- at least a bit -- fearful of sex.

Marriage means babies. Her sister-in-law gave birth on camera, on a toilet. Her sisters both delivered huge babies with significant complications. She's already raised a huge brood of children. I can definitely see her not wanting kids. 

All of these things -- including the control-freak nature of the guys JB might bring home -- are reasonable fears. She may well see some modest advantages that her sisters enjoy, but they aren't compelling enough for her to take a risk on some unknown commodity.

Spot on. Only difference is I think she may just be more private than timid, but fearful, absolutely. She's walked on eggshells her whole life, having it beaten into her that any independent thought or conflict is because of her sinful nature, and a one way ticket to hell.

The rest of her family may love having every second of their life blown up on camera, but Jana is more private.

Keep in mind that during the early years, she is the one who took the brunt of all of Michelle's inadequacies (real or imagined) in dealing with four or five babies under school age. She's had enough criticism and sin talk from her parents during her early childhood, that she may have zero desire to risk having that same talk from a spouse.

5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

You've been on this board for ages. I think you know the answer to that question. :D

This IS Boob we're talking about! But back to the boys, I find it interesting that they took off without the parents to get their free ice cream. It's a normal reaction to turning 18 that I bet most of us had. Ditch the 'rents! 

But seriously, they were probably on the road doing work at one of Boob's flip houses, and didn't have time to sit down and eat one of those sundaes, hence the take out containers. 

I'm glad two of them actually get to ditch their parents on their birthday. I personally love big family gatherings, but when they're just formulatic and insincere, then I don't blame the boys for ditching them.

• Love 9

I just hope those twin boys don't have to stand between JB and Michelle for the embarrassing birthday talk.  Poor Josiah!  I still feel sorry for him, having to put up with Michelle and her Have You Seen The Birthday Boy song.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, louannems said:

I just hope those twin boys don't have to stand between JB and Michelle for the embarrassing birthday talk.  Poor Josiah!  I still feel sorry for him, having to put up with Michelle and her Have You Seen The Birthday Boy song.

That would make me barf to bear witness to that.

4 hours ago, louannems said:

I am happy that I've apparently erased this from my memory. ?

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Izzy is really blonde, I'm thinking that might be Marcus. 

"Jana is such a fun buddy!" No, Michelle. Jana's life sucks donkey balls. Most women Jana's age are working, traveling, going to school, spending time with friends, volunteering, getting married and raising their OWN families, not toiling away in some quasi-warehouse prison acting like they enjoy the company of Josie Grossie. But as George Costanza famously said, "it's not a lie if you believe it."

So much THIS!!!

• Love 4
12 hours ago, louannems said:

Is that Izzy, with a haircut, kneeling on the table?

Poor Jana!

WHY do they let the little kids use the tables and counters as places to sit?!  Lazy parenting, I know, but it's gross.

Poor Jana indeed..."Jana is so much fun!  Fun buddy!  Fun Jana is so much fun!"  Replace "fun" with "sad" and I would agree.  It ticks me off to no end that this bright, inquisitive, lovely young woman is stuck raising her mother's children.  Michelle should be deeply ashamed...once she finishes that mocha latte from Starbucks and gets her nails done, that is.

19 minutes ago, sheshark said:

The little ones, isn't Jackson 12?  He and the other J-boy are wearing t-shirts from Bin's football camp.  Were they even allowed to participate?

My guess is that the Duggar Community Closet was suddenly filled with boxes of leftover camp t-shirts.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 11
22 hours ago, louannems said:

Is that Izzy, with a haircut, kneeling on the table?

Aaaaaand table-kid has what looks like a space-themed toy....how would he even know what it is???

Minimum of 3 pieces of Styrofoam (you can see a peek of white in the hand of the 1920s-era newsboy , probably Jackson) . Check.

And no, nobody looks like they're having a "blast".

Look, you aging Fundy guys!!! Jana's got mad teacher skills!!!!

Edited by drafan
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, laurakaye said:

It ticks me off to no end that this bright, inquisitive, lovely young woman is stuck raising her mother's children.

And her sibling's children. What does poor Jana have to look forward too? Even after the little kids grow up, there's still going to be a never-ending spawn of nieces and nephews to raise.

• Love 4

Get that kid off that table!! Arrgghhhhhh I'm with you all, that aggravates me to no end!

Anyways, I wanted to say all my late night bedtime reading on here has finally seeped in to my subconscious, as I had a Dugger Dream last night:

Basically the dream went like- I was at some kind of Dugger party at the TTH, and ended up helping Jana with something-or-other in the kitchen. She was a very lovely and sweet person, and I told her, "You're so nice! I like you!" in a 'we should be friends' kind of way. Well, she took it as that I was trying to hit on her (I'm female), and she ran away like I was a poisonous snake or something. She avoided me until I realized what she thought, then I cornered her and explained "No, I meant, I like you for a friend, not like-like you. After all, I'm married. To a guy." Then she was fine and we continued on enjoying the party and that's basically it.

Just wanted to share, because it was so vivid and really seemed like something that could happen in real life hahaha

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Gah, Jana and JD turn 27 tomorrow. I have all the sadz for her. 

They both have property in their names and JD has managed to gain marketable skills. Jana can now delegate housework to the lost girls. When the nieces and nephews come over, Jana can give them a hug and pass them on to the lost girls. She doesn't punch a time clock, her boss will never fire her and she can screen each suitor that gets through the 50 page questionnaire. She travels and has friends (as seen on Instagram) I'm not so sure Jana is unhappy with Jill, Jessa, Jinger and soon Joy, out of the house.

• Love 3

I wish I could be so optimistic. 

And we do not know the real story behind the property that is in Jana's name. I seriously doubt she had a hundred grand lying about to plunk down on that shop. I think there's something shady going on there. MHO.

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

And we do not know the real story behind the property that is in Jana's name. I seriously doubt she had a hundred grand lying about to plunk down on that shop. I think there's something shady going on there. MHO.

I'm sure we'll learn more about this mystery property, but you can bet none of this is for Jana's benefit.

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm sure it's a tax-evasion strategy, but if she has to run....

I hope she kept all the change she found in the laundry and furniture too.

• Love 11