Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

And 14 year old James acted like a 6 year old making some intelligible noise while standing next to Gil Bates in last night's Bates Wedding episode. Where there's a camera, a Duggar will be, making an ass of him/herself.

Don't forget Jackson sitting on the staircase as the bridal party was trying to arrange themselves so the bride and groom could cut the cake.

I don't know who are the worst wedding guests. Duggars or the Rodrigues family?

And 14 year old James acted like a 6 year old making some intelligible noise while standing next to Gil Bates in last night's Bates Wedding episode. Where there's a camera, a Duggar will be, making an ass of him/herself.

I also noticed Joy there, always with one of the Bates girls. Did you see anyone else?

I also noticed Joy there, always with one of the Bates girls. Did you see anyone else?

I saw Jill, Derick and Dan lurking in the background at the rehearsal. Others on the Bateseses forum noticed Bin and Jessa, but I didn't.

From the glimpses I saw of Jana, she looked awkward and uncomfortable.

• Love 1

I saw Jill, Derick and Dan lurking in the background at the rehearsal. Others on the Bateseses forum noticed Bin and Jessa, but I didn't.

From the glimpses I saw of Jana, she looked awkward and uncomfortable.

Was Jana the bridesmaid that kept fixing Michael's' dress?

Jessa and Ben in the auditorium when Gil called the wedding party together during the rehearsal, Jenni on the stair railing after the cake cutting, Jinger's back (recognized her cropped denim jacket and long red boho dress).

• Love 1

Was Jana the bridesmaid that kept fixing Michael's' dress?

I couldn't tell because one of Brandon's sisters has long blondish-brown hair like Jana's. If it was, poor Jana. Eternal Cinderella, bridesmaid but never a bride and dress fixer.

eta: You know your life's in the shitter when literally every sentence about you starts with the words "Poor Jana...".

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2016/02/jana-duggar-to-open-up-about-being-single-on-new-reality-show/

While there's no truth to the rumors of Jana starring in a series by herself, network heads have reportedly done extensive research ahead of the Duggars' controversial return, and fans have made it clear that they're highly interested in Jana's life as a young, single fundamentalist.

I hope they find Jana her Prince Charming.
  • Love 3

I commented on this show of disrespect in the Bateses forum. Gil had stopped in his tracks when Michael was getting her picture taken on the steps. He went on about how wonderful Michael was as a daughter. Gil choked up, saying something like he was going to cry like a baby. James started doing a baby's cry "weh, weh" standing right behind him& then turned & walked away. Hopefully Gil was caught up in things & didn't pay attention to him. I used to like James & how he was funny as being the Jerick's chaperone. After last night's show of disrespect, he fell to the bottom of the scum bucket with his father. I know it sounds petty to pick on something that really is minor but for some reason it really got to me. If I had heard my son say that at 14 yrs of age, he definitely would have been punished.

• Love 8

The Duggars have zero empathy, emotional intelligence or social awareness. After all, they thought it was absolutely hilaaaarious to hit a defenseless cat with a sled. I think they're nasty, mean spirited people underneath the bad perms and thrift store clothing.

• Love 19

Jana was the one arranging Michael's dress.  It seemed like Jana and Joy were trying to avoid the cameras as much as possible.

I think Jana would be mortified to have the show focus on her and her single status.  She does not want the attention.  If she gets a storyline I will blame it on JB bullying her.

• Love 9

Jana was the one arranging Michael's dress. It seemed like Jana and Joy were trying to avoid the cameras as much as possible.

I think Jana would be mortified to have the show focus on her and her single status. She does not want the attention. If she gets a storyline I will blame it on JB bullying her.

I agree. Like Jana really wants to be reminded that she's a 26 year-old stay at home virgin living in a communal dorm while her married sisters got fancy honeymoons, a 20k bridal registry and free renovated houses.

• Love 14
I agree. Like Jana really wants to be reminded that she's a 26 year-old stay at home virgin living in a communal dorm while her married sisters got fancy honeymoons, a 20k bridal registry and free renovated houses.

Yes, especially since she won't ever be able or allowed to voice any kind of disagreement or lack of contentment with her lot in life. Remember Jinger's tiny little act of rebellion, saying 'city please!' in that interview, only to have Jill immediately pounce and correct her? Jinger's response to that was that she had to work on her contentment (my response would've been 'up yours, sis'). These girls are taught to squash any negative emotions and any wants they might have that doesn't fit in with the Gothard/Duggar ideology or what Boob wants.

• Love 9

I'm convinced that JB and/or Michelle sit just beyond the camaras, in front of the Talking Heads. The older girls have always been very careful of what they say and how they say it.

On utube, I watched the 4 oldest girls give a talk in front of a church. They were talking their usual fundie crap about encouraging each other, relationships, whatever. Michelle was sitting in the front row just in front of the girls on stage. The camera kept panning to her face and Michelle was Mouthing Words as the girls cited their pre-planned, memorized answers. Michelle seemed so very worried that the girls wouldn't say the "right thing"

I do not believe that Jana will tell her TV audience what she really feels! Just the same endless wordy nothing speeches

• Love 9

The Duggars have zero empathy, emotional intelligence or social awareness. After all, they thought it was absolutely hilaaaarious to hit a defenseless cat with a sled. I think they're nasty, mean spirited people underneath the bad perms and thrift store clothing.

I'll never in a million years forget the first time I saw them go to El Salvador. I think it was just Jim Bob and some of the older kids. They went up into the hills for some disgustingly Duggary photo op with a dirt poor family with outdoor plumbing and dirt floors and the whole nine yards. Jim Bob asked the woman how many children she had, and she said, with tremendous sadness,  "x number but x number of them died." Jim Bob--without missing a beat--said "Well, I have NINETEEN! HEH! DEE-CHOS NUE-VOS!" or however many kids it was by then. It was absolutely shocking and super awkward. I couldn't believe it. This was when I was living in the UK, so it was airing on a channel there…I watched the episode when it re-ran just because I wanted to make sure I heard it right, but they had edited that segment out. I don't know if they did that in the US or not.

• Love 12

While there's no truth to the rumors of Jana starring in a series by herself, network heads have reportedly done extensive research ahead of the Duggars' controversial return, and fans have made it clear that they're highly interested in Jana's life as a young, single fundamentalist.

Highly interested? Shit, I can give them a synopsis: Here's Jana babysitting her siblings. Here's Jana babysitting her siblings' children. Here's Jana sewing. Here's Jana feeding peas to a baby. Here's Jana laying tile in a dress. Here's Jana calling 911 when her sister has a seizure. Here's Jana looking out a window. Is that a tear? Naww...that's just the salty joy juice of Jesus that sometimes falls from Jana's eyes, because she's SOOOOO happy!

• Love 20

From pickles.

2ch838k.jpg

97o9xt.jpg

Dear me, what a mortifiedly unhappy baby... at least he looks like he's enjoying the sundae, by comparison.

I couldn't tell because one of Brandon's sisters has long blondish-brown hair like Jana's. If it was, poor Jana. Eternal Cinderella, bridesmaid but never a bride and dress fixer.

Isn't the MOH supposed to be designated dress-twitcher?  I thought that was a "role a bride assigned", but could be wrong.

I think those Jana-interested folks are either drowning in sympathy-pity for her to have some (any!) particular attention paid to her, or have no idea how circumscribed her sad little world actually is and how boring it would be to watch.  I'm both glad and surprised the girls ever get to spend some time with that hussy Famy.  (Though it's possible JB and M are looking down their noses at any cousinly get-together, I suppose, barely holding their tongues.)

• Love 2

Dear me, what a mortifiedly unhappy baby... at least he looks like he's enjoying the sundae, by comparison.

Even with the sundae, though, his smile doesn't reach his eyes, I just noticed (or think I have, anyway). And that show-those-front-teeth smile they all have looks like something they automatically force every time they're in camera range.

Maybe he mocked Gil Bates' crying because he doesn't believe that such love exists. It certainly doesn't in his life. I know that when I was a kid I got really angry when I saw emotional bursts like that from other people, although at the time I didn't know why they made me want to hit someone with a hammer. Maybe some Duggar kids have the same feelings that they don't understand.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 11

Even with the sundae, though, his smile doesn't reach his eyes, I just noticed (or think I have, anyway). And that show-those-front-teeth smile they all have looks like something they automatically force every time they're in camera range.

Maybe he mocked Gil Bates' crying because he doesn't believe that such love exists. It certainly doesn't in his life. I know that when I was a kid I got really angry when I saw emotional bursts like that from other people, although at the time I didn't know why they made me want to hit someone with a hammer. Maybe some Duggar kids have the same feelings that they don't understand.

No, I think you're dead on about it not meeting his eyes.

Also, I have to say I don't think the fake-crying is as bad as some are making it out - for the point of view of the kid.  I mean, yes, it's disrespectful, but I don't see it as any more disrespectful and immature as many boys his age.  I think it's pretty much primarily bad because we keep getting told that Duggars don't act that way, because such perfect Christian children have perfect kindly manners, with the perfect Christian parenting generating perfect model members of society that the fools in the master bedroom do.

• Love 1

These kids are so emotionally stunted.

Emotionally stunted and, I expect, emotionally warped as well. They've been deprived of a lot of life but they've also been indoctrinated in a lot of psychological stuff that's just simply nuts. Among other dead wrong things, I doubt that fake crying like that is even something that JB and M would notice as inappropriate and talk to him about. Social tone deafness coupled with a complete lack of empathy is the stock in trade of those two. Honestly, they strike me as just about as capable of doing something like that as their 14-going-on-8-year-old son. Well, Jim Bob anyway. Michelle seems so out of it I don't know that she even notices things that people do.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8

Remember when Boob told Michelle that Derick's mother may not make Jill's wedding? She had this bizarre questioning look on her face like she was waiting for Boob to tell her "Cancer is bad. You're supposed to be upset right now." Most normal people would have an immediate reaction upon hearing a mother is too sick to attend her child's wedding, but Michelle was completely unfazed.

• Love 9

Remember when Boob told Michelle that Derick's mother may not make Jill's wedding? She had this bizarre questioning look on her face like she was waiting for Boob to tell her "Cancer is bad. You're supposed to be upset right now." Most normal people would have an immediate reaction upon hearing a mother is too sick to attend her child's wedding, but Michelle was completely unfazed.

The fact that they did not delay the wedding struck me as so cold! Sex is more important than your fiance's mother!? Or you own mother Derick!?

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 5

The fact that they did not delay the wedding struck me as so cold! Sex is more important than your fiance's mother!? Or you own mother Derick!?

I expect that JB announced that the wedding had to be at a certain time for the TeeVee schedule. And Derick, being all follower to begin with and only becoming more so as he was subsumed by Duggardom (I imagine), saw no choice but to go along. .... If he had been the sort to see a choice, I think JB would probably have rejected his suit.

• Love 3

During the engagement, they had no clue how Cathy's health was going to shake out. Had they delayed things, like a normal engagement period, there was no guarantee that Cathy would have been around to be at the wedding. I can see why they felt they had to rush, getting laid aside.

• Love 7

This is very astute -- I agree with all of it.

We have opinions about these people and make statements -- like Jana should "break free" -- based on our own lives and experiences. There's no way we could really do anything else, but I think it's really hard for most of us to wrap our heads around what life is really like for these kids. And, the truth is that this kid is the biological son of JB and J'chelle; he's been raised by them in almost total isolation. He's a cute kid, and we might want to like him, but it really shouldn't be any surprise to discover that he might be an insensitive asshole. It shouldn't surprise us to see a joyless smile on his face -- when have we ever seen a warm, genuine smile from any of them?

I am personally horrified by the thought that the show will actually return, but I can't see it lasting more than a season or two. Most of the kids are adults now, and as we've seen from Josh, Jill, and Jessa, once they are out of the house and have their own voices, they are actually -- if possible -- more unlikeable than their parents. I also see no upside in focusing on Jana. If even fundies are noticing that she is a deeply sad young woman with no options, then things are pretty bad. 

• Love 9

Sorry. He's 14. He should be past that. Qell, in a REGULAR family, at any rate. These kids are so emotionally stunted.

If a kid in a "regular" family was caught behaving that way, it would be all "kids these days have no respect", how "liberals are lousy parents" and that's why y'all have "take back America".

• Love 8

If a kid in a "regular" family was caught behaving that way, it would be all "kids these days have no respect", how "liberals are lousy parents" and that's why y'all have "take back America".

I wonder if the leghumpers even noticed this immature, disrespectful display. I bet they thought it was "cute." Anything to defend the indefensible.

• Love 2

He's smiling for the camera. Even normal people fake those.

True, but they sure smile like this a lot. It's the same smile from every one of them -- and we do know that Gothard actually teaches that smiles must be with a certain amount of teeth and so on. The Waller kids have the exact same smiles, for example. And aren't kids sometimes just happy on their birthdays, cameras or no cameras? Doesn't a kid's smile often reach his eyes on his birthday? I think it does for lots of kids. And I just don't see genuine smiles from any Duggars very often, except maybe Jim Bob. James doesn't look to me like a happy kid here.

• Love 2

She was totally unfazed. Scarily unfazed. She either has no heart for anyone or anything but herself, or was drugged out of her mind. Maybe both.

During the engagement, they had no clue how Cathy's health was going to shake out. Had they delayed things, like a normal engagement period, there was no guarantee that Cathy would have been around to be at the wedding. I can see why they felt they had to rush, getting laid aside.

I agree. Although any healthy young man is thinking about the wedding night, being pure and waiting so so santimoniously noble to these people, he'd wait just to brag about it. I think they sped things up for Cathy's sake (Derrick's reason) and for the TV schedule (JimBob).

He's smiling for the camera. Even normal people fake those.

This. Most kids, especially boys, will have the fakest, goofiest, 'school picture' smile on command. However, that kid is the puniest 14 year old I've seen. He's not just short/small stature, he looks 8. 

Doesn't basic etiquette require men to remove their hats indoors or are Arkansas fundies exempt from basic etiquette?

The only rules that apply to the Duggars are the ones they or Gothard create. They're 'above' any sort of normal etiquette.

• Love 1

Doesn't basic etiquette require men to remove their hats indoors or are Arkansas fundies exempt from basic etiquette?

Fundies aren't taught etiquette.  True story.  Maybe only secular gentlemen were required to be worried about being gentlemanLY.  My fundie cousins had appalling manners until the oldest hit mid-twenties, when the oldest girl got horrified for some reason or another and decided everyone should be reined in.  Ate like pigs with shovels, broke wind openly and loudly multiple times at dinner table, etc.  Too busy being worried about saving your soul to be worried about assailing your nostrils, I guess.  By comparison such things are trivial.  (Though come to think of it, the girls never exhibited such behaviors.  Maybe the idea is that manly men can't be reined in.)

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 2

[Maybe the idea is that manly men can't be reined in.)

At least not by their cheerfully available, staying sweet, modest to the point of ridiculous, help meets. I read this first as "At least not by their cheerfully available, staying sweet, MOIST to the point of ridiculous, help meets" I really don't know where that came from lol! Yes, I'm on my way to the prayer closet.

• Love 1

I commented on this show of disrespect in the Bateses forum. Gil had stopped in his tracks when Michael was getting her picture taken on the steps. He went on about how wonderful Michael was as a daughter. Gil choked up, saying something like he was going to cry like a baby. James started doing a baby's cry "weh, weh" standing right behind him& then turned & walked away. Hopefully Gil was caught up in things & didn't pay attention to him. I used to like James & how he was funny as being the Jerick's chaperone. After last night's show of disrespect, he fell to the bottom of the scum bucket with his father. I know it sounds petty to pick on something that really is minor but for some reason it really got to me. If I had heard my son say that at 14 yrs of age, he definitely would have been punished.

Wow! I don't get the Channel the Bates are on, but that is wrong. Fundie or not, that is not acceptable. 14? Teens know better than that.

• Love 2

Wow! I don't get the Channel the Bates are on, but that is wrong. Fundie or not, that is not acceptable. 14? Teens know better than that.

That's terrible. I don't get that channel now either, but I don't care what your religious or cultural persuasion, that kid needs yanked up until HE cries. I'm not for blanket training or using rod willy nilly, but that is so out of line. Another example that JimBob and Micehlle have totally checked out and have no idea what their younger kids are doing. If James is that rude and that bold to disrespect adults, because he knows there are no repercussions to his actions, then don't be surprised when we find out he's Josh Jr.

• Love 1

That's terrible. I don't get that channel now either, but I don't care what your religious or cultural persuasion, that kid needs yanked up until HE cries. I'm not for blanket training or using rod willy nilly, but that is so out of line. Another example that JimBob and Micehlle have totally checked out and have no idea what their younger kids are doing. If James is that rude and that bold to disrespect adults, because he knows there are no repercussions to his actions, then don't be surprised when we find out he's Josh Jr.

They've bred little sociopaths with no empathy or social awareness. Fucking scary.

• Love 7

They've bred little sociopaths with no empathy or social awareness. Fucking scary.

Good thing they have no actual power or authority. Just think of all the political figures - let's use Henry VIII for a great example - of people in privileged positions who truly believe they are God's chosen and can do no wrong, even when they're having people killed, stealing and raping left and right.

• Love 1

Even if Jana is just an extreme private person forced into this mess, it looks far better to say 'following the Lord's direction' than to leave it blank. Joy saying she wants to be in politics...more power to her, even if I think we'd be political opposites, but she has no clue.

Jinger doesn't list photography anymore. That's interesting. Maybe it was just a teenage hobby that pittered out, like the one time she expressed wanting to live in a city. Too bad.

• Love 5

Even if Jana is just an extreme private person forced into this mess, it looks far better to say 'following the Lord's direction' than to leave it blank. Joy saying she wants to be in politics...more power to her, even if I think we'd be political opposites, but she has no clue.

Jinger doesn't list photography anymore. That's interesting. Maybe it was just a teenage hobby that pittered out, like the one time she expressed wanting to live in a city. Too bad.

I saw photography! Also. ..wtf is an Overseer??

Last time i saw that as a job title, it was in Mandingo.

• Love 6