Type keyword(s) to search

CHECK UP WITH DR. DREW SEASON 6B (PART 2)

ginger90
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

I forgot about this. Who the fuck does he think he is?

How much do the main girls make? Because he entertains me WAY more than they do. 

2 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Cate admitted last night she doesn't see any therapist or ptofessional. 

I thought she said she no longer sees a THERAPIST (Kinkos Kathleen), but she still sees her psychiatrist - which is, where I presume, she gets her RXs from, but maybe not much actual therapy?

• Love 17

I don't know that I agree that Farrah was asked harder questions, or that Dr. Drew made her a target. I think she has trouble answering any type of question, whether it's "how are you feeling today?" or "what color is the sky right now?"

• Love 11
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

Dr. Drew should acknowledge how Farrah leaves a relationship that she is not happy to be in.

Yea, but did she really leave it?  Wasn't that all a charade?  Why did he vacation with them in Key West if they were no longer together?  And now Jamaica?  (Maybe that's why Drew was asking about it).  

Farrah has done the same thing with her mother for years.  She proclaims she's distancing herself from her mother for her own sake, and for Sophia's, and then she films with her, invites her on family vacations, asks her to babysit, etc...  Farrah lies.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, TeenMomAngerMgmt said:

I agree that the fight with Dr. David was explosive, but let's not pretend that part of the reason she was pissed was unwarranted. She's apparently bankrolling this family vacation in order to get to know the guy and he is barely engaging with anyone, not participating in family events, and basically vegging out on the couch. This is AFTER him practically forcing himself on her after berating her the first time he ever met her. I don't deny that Farrah is an asshole, but I don't think she was wrong to be pissed at him. He's equally an asshole to me. 

Yes!

I agree. If I was footing the bill for a beautiful vacation to key west to TRY and start over with my mothers fiance I'd be fuming if he gave me his back the entire time and acted bothered anytime I asked him a simple question "where is the guacamole cover?"

Dr. Quack can take several seats down.

On the other hand, we don't know if Farrah paid for the trip or MTV. It still doesn't give him the right to go on a family trip and isolate himself from the group he came with.

Farrah was actually making an effort to get to know him and enjoy a family trip with him before the wedding in Bora Bora - you know the wedding location paid to the order of Farrah...the same girl the Doctor Quack wants respect from! 

I'm not trying to defend Farrah 100% but I can't help but get the heeby jeebys listening to that quacks voice - it irks me out and I'm sure Farrah feels the same way, especially after he tried to hold her body hostage their first meeting together and reached out to Farrah before asking Debra out. ?

• Love 14
(edited)
20 minutes ago, TeenMomAngerMgmt said:

I agree that the fight with Dr. David was explosive, but let's not pretend that part of the reason she was pissed was unwarranted. She's apparently bankrolling this family vacation in order to get to know the guy and he is barely engaging with anyone, not participating in family events, and basically vegging out on the couch. This is AFTER him practically forcing himself on her after berating her the first time he ever met her. I don't deny that Farrah is an asshole, but I don't think she was wrong to be pissed at him. He's equally an asshole to me. 

Farrah's tone and manner of addressing people is very combative. I would struggle not to shutdown and ignore her as well, if every word she spoke seemed designed to start a fight. She is incredibly snotty, belligerent and nonsensical.

I never said that Dr. David didn't deserve an argument. My point was that Farrah was passive-aggressive and trying to pick a fight for days before finally exploding, and that is not improved behavior or anything remotely healthy. Simon fed into it. I think he figured out that if Farrah has another target, then she doesn't target him. He's a great guy.

I think excusing her behavior by basically saying that David had it coming is a huge mistake and part of the reason she never changes. That's like when Debra was babbling about how Farrah shouldn't complain about abuse because she was raised in a $1.5M home. So if someone pays for vacations, this allows them to treat people like shit? Nope.

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 16

I just finished the episode and haven't read the thread but I will right after I get out these burning thoughts...

Tyler, "it's not selfish I feel entitled..." everyone here: we know! I've never done a real life "spit take" and I came damn close when he said that. Then I became pissed when he went on to say "I created her". Still doesn't get it. Or what entitled means. Then I died laughing when Tyler got 3 MINUTES of screen time...sickest burn MTV could've given him! Also, lol, you and Catelynn are clearly "the boring story" now. Even with the crackhead babysitting Nova that they know best about...we all can just shut the fuck up with our concern for, they are her parents! Hope you liked your 10 minutes after the bounty that was Farrah's segment...she was right, she pretty much makes the show.

• Love 13
25 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

David hates Farrah because of the way she treats his fiance and everybody else she comes in contact with.

Funny, considering David doesn't seem to treat his fiance very well himself. Also, Debra is the parent here and she also treats Farrah like garbage. Why doesn't that bother him just as badly?

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Calm81 said:

Yes!

I agree. If I was footing the bill for a beautiful vacation to key west to TRY and start over with my mothers fiance I'd be fuming if he gave me his back the entire time and acted bothered anytime I asked him a simple question "where is the guacamole cover?"

Dr. Quack can take several seats down.

On the other hand, we don't know if Farrah paid for the trip or MTV. It still doesn't give him the right to go on a family trip and isolate himself from the group he came with.

Farrah was actually making an effort to get to know him and enjoy a family trip with him before the wedding in Bora Bora - you know the wedding location paid to the order of Farrah...the same girl the Doctor Quack wants respect from! 

I'm not trying to defend Farrah 100% but I can't help but get the heeby jeebys listening to that quacks voice - it irks me out and I'm sure Farrah feels the same way, especially after he tried to hold her body hostage their first meeting together and reached out to Farrah before asking Debra out. ?

This is really how I read that whole interaction. 

1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

Farrah's tone and manner of addressing people is very combative. I would struggle not to shutdown and ignore her as well, if every word she spoke seemed designed to start a fight. She is incredibly snotty, belligerent and nonsensical.

I never said that Dr. David didn't deserve an argument. My point was that Farrah was passive-aggressive and trying to pick a fight for days before finally exploding, and that is not improved behavior or anything remotely healthy. Simon fed into it. I think he figured out that if Farrah has another target, then she doesn't target him. He's a great guy.

I think excusing her behavior by basically saying that David had it coming is a huge mistake and part of the reason she never changes. That's like when Debra was babbling about how Farrah shouldn't complain about abuse because she was raised in a $1.5M home. So if someone pays for vacations, this allows them to treat people like shit? Nope.

The way I read/saw their interaction during the early parts of the vacation was Farrah trying to involve him in family outings and events. Dude kept hanging out on the couch and she got pissed. Considering the fact that he never apologized for the way he behaved the first time they met and doesn't seem to see anything he did wrong in that interaction, I am honestly surprised she agreed to both invite him and bankroll it. I guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree on this, and I don't want to derail the thread any further. 

• Love 7

he way I read/saw their interaction during the early parts of the vacation was Farrah trying to involve him in family outings and events. Dude kept hanging out on the couch and she got pissed. Considering the fact that he never apologized for the way he behaved the first time they met and doesn't seem to see anything he did wrong in that interaction,

Yes. And I think she actually TRIED to be nice and polite during their first encounter. But he came right out of the gate on the attack. 

• Love 13
(edited)
15 hours ago, salvame said:

To use  Farrah speak, I would have told her "bye bye, bitch" long ago.  

I reserve judgement on Cait and Tyler.  Though not my favorite by any means, I have never had to live, nor can imagine living, the messed-up, complicated life they live.  From being brought up by that bunch messed up folks, plus putting their firstborn up for adoption, though they were still a couple and got no support from any of their dna donors, I cannot imagine living the life they do.

I think Farrah's upbringing was extremely dysfunctional, to put it mildly. Not sure you can compare who had it "worst."  Catelynn and Tyler dealt with poverty, I'm sure, and drug addiction and then their parents were TERRIBLE to them when they decided to place Carly.

But Debra is one super fucked up individual.  I would *HATE* to have her as my mother. OMG.....  that family is one of the most messed up I've ever witnessed. Farrah has hardly called Michael "Dad."  Just because they didn't have the drug addiction (that we know of - I can certainly see Debra being a drinker or hooked on Rx meds and Michael drinking because he lived with Debra) doesn't mean it wasn't terrible. Same thing about socio-economic status. 

edited to add:  I'll also say that at least when Tyler and Cate relate to their parents (all of them), at least their interactions seem genuine. There is a natural sort of chemistry there even though they have been really hurt by each other. I don't see that in ANY interactions in Farrah's life. Like none. Maybe Michael a teeny bit. But all of Farrah's conversations and Debra's conversations seem to be on a surface level and there's no warmth there at all.  And though I think Farrah does love Sophia, I see her "relating" to Sophia in that way. It is creepy to me. Like they are robots!

14 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I believe the cast members should stop throwing out the "stop judging us" mentality. They get judged more for trying to cover-up rather than saying, "Look, I did this and I shouldn't have. I know better now." They are idiots for not realizing that by now. 

Quit putting your lives up for my consumption and I won't know anything to judge, you dumb, lazy bitch. (Talking to Catelynn, not you. lol )  But we all know you won't do that because you are caught up in the TM money and affirmation you get from social media. e

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Love 18
Just now, mamadrama said:

I'm a pretty easygoing person but I would totally like to rip Dr Creepy Santa a new asshole myself.

For sure. "She was just cooking with the knife." Um, you weren't there, dickhead. The dude who actually was married to Debz OG at the time says she did get physical that night. 

• Love 12

So, Dr David's solution is to avoid.

Debra's denial of there being anything in Farrah's childhood contributing to the current state of things is unreal. She lived in a 1.5 million dollar house, had a $5,000 mirror in her bathroom..........how could anything have possibly not been perfect? 

And what house was this any way, 1.5 million?? 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Rebecca said:

I just finished the episode and haven't read the thread but I will right after I get out these burning thoughts...

Tyler, "it's not selfish I feel entitled..." everyone here: we know! I've never done a real life "spit take" and I came damn close when he said that. Then I became pissed when he went on to say "I created her". Still doesn't get it. Or what entitled means. Then I died laughing when Tyler got 3 MINUTES of screen time...sickest burn MTV could've given him! Also, lol, you and Catelynn are clearly "the boring story" now. Even with the crackhead babysitting Nova that they know best about...we all can just shut the fuck up with our concern for, they are her parents! Hope you liked your 10 minutes after the bounty that was Farrah's segment...she was right, she pretty much makes the show.

Stay away from Tyler's twitter then, it had gems like "you ARE entitled" "she's going to resent them (B&T) when she realizes they kept you away", "they shouldn't have adopted a child from reality tv", "they promised an open adoption, they owe you"... and not a single negative comment (obviously those get deleted). I thought I'd get a laugh or 2 from the sheer stupidity, but it just made me really sad/worried for the future.

• Love 12
34 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

So, Dr David's solution is to avoid.

Debra's denial of there being anything in Farrah's childhood contributing to the current state of things is unreal. She lived in a 1.5 million dollar house, had a $5,000 mirror in her bathroom..........how could anything have possibly not been perfect? 

And what house was this any way, 1.5 million?? 

She's apparently referring to their house in Council Bluffs. Yes, it was a nice house but not $1.5 million in that market. Maybe in a good LA neighborhood it would fetch that,  but not in Iowa. Delusional . 

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, leighroda said:

Stay away from Tyler's twitter then, it had gems like "you ARE entitled" "she's going to resent them (B&T) when she realizes they kept you away", "they shouldn't have adopted a child from reality tv", "they promised an open adoption, they owe you"... and not a single negative comment (obviously those get deleted). I thought I'd get a laugh or 2 from the sheer stupidity, but it just made me really sad/worried for the future.

Pretty much everybody who is main cast has a Twitter following like that. Folks that only watch the show plus the combination of probably being kinda young or naive makes it that way. 

• Love 2

Pretty much everybody who is main cast has a Twitter following like that. Folks that only watch the show plus the combination of probably being kinda young or naive makes it that way. 

It's true. Jenelle does get a lot of flack, as does Farrah. I don't know why Amber and Cate don't get nearly as much criticism. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, saratothej said:

She's apparently referring to their house in Council Bluffs. Yes, it was a nice house but not $1.5 million in that market. Maybe in a good LA neighborhood it would fetch that,  but not in Iowa. Delusional . 

I don't know how many houses they had in Council Bluffs. The one that is listed as the address for the sauce business, and Michael is or was co-owner of, has a Zillow estimate of  $283,145. I know Zillow isn't exact but that's far from 1.5 million !

1 minute ago, Lm2162 said:

It's true. Jenelle does get a lot of flack, as does Farrah. I don't know why Amber and Cate don't get nearly as much criticism. 

They delete!!

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, saratothej said:

34 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I don't know how many houses they had in Council Bluffs. The one that is listed as the address for the sauce business, and Michael is or was co-owner of, has a Zillow estimate of  $283,145. I know Zillow isn't exact but that's far from 1.5 million !

I don't remember how many houses they have/had either.  Didn't we learn early on that the main house is an official historical home?  I swear we saw the plaque and it was mentioned at some point.  My memory sucks though so I could be wrong.  Still, I don't imagine it being $1.5 million by any stretch.  

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, MissMel said:

I don't remember how many houses they have/had either.  Didn't we learn early on that the main house is an official historical home?  I swear we saw the plaque and it was mentioned at some point.  My memory sucks though so I could be wrong.  Still, I don't imagine it being $1.5 million by any stretch.  

The house, designated a local landmark, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

Yea, but did she really leave it?  Wasn't that all a charade?  Why did he vacation with them in Key West if they were no longer together?  And now Jamaica?  (Maybe that's why Drew was asking about it).  

Farrah has done the same thing with her mother for years.  She proclaims she's distancing herself from her mother for her own sake, and for Sophia's, and then she films with her, invites her on family vacations, asks her to babysit, etc...  Farrah lies.

I was referring to her no longer being Simon's girlfriend at the time of the taping. People do continue to have sex and see each other after a break-up. Dr. Drew aka MTV wanted to throw shade at Simon and they did that via Dr. Drew. 

Not going to argue about her mother as I have made the same comments myself over the seasons. I was strictly referring to Farrah and her dating life. Whether it is the boyfriend dumping her or vice-versa, she is at least not having trap babies (Maci, Kail) to get a guy to marry her. She is not faking or claiming depression and getting pregnant (Cate) to keep a guy by her side. She is at least not having babies with criminals within minutes of meeting them (Jenelle).  As @Lm2162 posted, Dr. Drew is constantly encouraging toxic couples to continue with the relationship. He could also be encouraging young females who are watching the show that it is okay to not be with someone if you are not happy. 

I know Farrah is not at all well-liked, but it is a sad commentary on the rest of the bunch when she is the least annoying, at least to me, at this point of the MTV game. 

I am not going to knock Simon for getting paid for appearing on this show when Matt, who has no life, continues to get paid for doing nothing on TM. At least Simon brought some kind of comic relief now and then and blurted out some words of advice to Farrah. One example being when he was told Farrah her way of dealing with family issues is not the proper way.

I do think Simon and Farrah were putting on an act for the show.   I called that long ago. 

Jenelle does get a lot of flack, as does Farrah. I don't know why Amber and Cate don't get nearly as much criticism. 

They delete!!

Exactly. 

The yahoos who claim they are clean and sober (Cate, Amber, Maci) while judging other people is truly bothersome.  Their no-class, sloth-like lifestyle while acting as though they are superior to Farrah and all the "hatters" as they sit on their couches is so rich.  Their hypocritical stance is disgusting. Their talk about the public judging them when they put their lives out there for everyone to consume, begging for attention and constantly seeking out positive reinforcement without taking on the criticism, and their comments about being asked the same questions over and over, it is nauseating. I just can't. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 12
14 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Est value:$333,687

17 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The house, designated a local landmark, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

For what it's worth, my old home was on the register. It was valued at $215,000 which, granted, is still high for around here but nowhere near a million. Being on that list has little to do with valuation;in fact, sometimes it brings it down because of the restrictions that come with it.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, mamadrama said:

As long as they are on my television screen for entertainment purposes and continue to do dumbass things, I will continue to judge. In fact, snarking on and judging these pinheads makes this forum, and Monday nights, one of my favorite places to be. 

Truth. 

Not to mention, it is a snark board. 

• Love 11

Cmon, y'all - we can hate Sad Panda and Farrah at the same time!  We can have cake AND ice cream!!

But, seriously, I'm with everyone who felt conflicted watching Dr. Drew with Farrah.  She was at her defensive sniping worst, but if anyone deserves that it's him.  I actually snorted when she said he could ask her about anything that was on the show - she knows he doesn't watch it either and she'd frustrated all his cue card questions.

• Love 19

I actually don't blame Farrah for wanting to stick to questions about the show. That's what they were all there for. When she said that, I thought, you could have said that what, 10 minutes ago?

• Love 5
(edited)
20 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

What about Cate's bogus story about the xanax.  I'm with you all on Dr. Drew, but at least he brought the subject up.  Matt gave her a bar?  What does that even mean?  And what about that cockamamie story about putting it in her hoodie pocket, but then Matt put on the hoodie to "destroy the evidence?"  Sure, Cate.

Dr. Drew only brought it up  because MTV has worked hard this season to show what Matt is all about. That is why they put that topic on his blue cards so he knew what to ask Cate. MTV was throwing shade at Matt. First it was Dr. Drew bringing up Simon, this time it was asking about Matt. 

I actually snorted when she said he could ask her about anything that was on the show - she knows he doesn't watch it either and she'd frustrated all his cue card questions.

Yes!! hahaha  Go ahead, ask me about the show. You know, the show you don't watch. Good one!

If she's still seeing her psychiatrist, I'm willing to bet she's on some serious meds for her mental issues, and those meds can cause a lot of weight issues.

@salvame So can eating 7 pounds of quesadillas with 16 ounces of sour cream. The sodas, beers, pot smoking, smoking cigarettes, eating junk food on a weekly basis and being a lazy slob on a couch is my guess for her weight-gain. As for meds, if she is taking meds, she shouldn't be mixing them with alcohol and weed. Oh, and she shouldn't be driving while under the influence. That could kill her - or innocent drivers - before the weight-gain does. 

Just to clarify, Cate has fat-shamed people on her social media. She is not this nice girl she'd like people to think she is. She also takes issue with girls she thinks are hoe-bags, sluts, trash, and whores. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 11
(edited)
36 minutes ago, leighroda said:

@GreatKazu didn't she fat shame you?

Yes. I tweeted her about the fight on the reunion show. I didn't even tweet her. It was a direct message. I don't have photos on my Twitter page of myself or anyone. I rarely use it. She also called me a fucking whore, if I recall correctly. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

They're called viewers, Cate.  Without them, there's no show.  No show = no money.  No money = no octagon house, no horse, no leisurely lifestyle, oops, I mean no iCarly Foundation.

And that's why I stopped watching them. Number 1 fame has gone to their heads. Number 2, the shit they pulled with Farrah. Number 3, they all don't know shit what it is like to struggle. Number 4, I will not watch them any more and contribute to their 'fame' any longer because every last one of them got an attitude, don't appreciate it, and live in a fantasy world of fake businesses on gross couches and think that they have it all so bad with their depression,  anxiety and everything else. If they all lived in the real world and had to work to pay bills, struggle to make the mortgage, then maybe I would watch again. They are all beyond ridiculous and no one I would want to talk to, hang with or even know.

• Love 11

I think it was clear from Farrah's second segment that she clearly is still very troubled over whatever happened in her family. I thought Deb was just awful and honestly I can't blame Farrah for avoiding her and keeping Sophia away. She is not helping the relationship by saying what she did about Farrah and their past. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

I was referring to her no longer being Simon's girlfriend at the time of the taping. People do continue to have sex and see each other after a break-up. Dr. Drew aka MTV wanted to throw shade at Simon and they did that via Dr. Drew. 

Not going to argue about her mother as I have made the same comments myself over the seasons. I was strictly referring to Farrah and her dating life. Whether it is the boyfriend dumping her or vice-versa, she is at least not having trap babies (Maci, Kail) to get a guy to marry her. She is not faking or claiming depression and getting pregnant (Cate) to keep a guy by her side. She is at least not having babies with criminals within minutes of meeting them (Jenelle).  As @Lm2162 posted, Dr. Drew is constantly encouraging toxic couples to continue with the relationship. He could also be encouraging young females who are watching the show that it is okay to not be with someone if you are not happy. 

Ok, but my point was that I don't think Farrah and Simon ever actually broke up.  I think it was all a charade for storyline purposes - so Farrah could stage that break-up scene, the dumb session(s) with that hypnotist, etc...  And the fact that they still seem to be together and going on trips together seems to prove it.  

I absolutely agree with you and LM2162 that Dr. Drew has a terrible track record when it comes to encouraging vs. discouraging toxic couples on the show, but who really knows what's going on with Farrah and Simon when she constantly lies.  And yea, she's not having trap babies or battling addiction, but let's not forget that she does porn and is very likely a paid escort, so she's not exactly a paragon of a healthy romantic relationship, even compared to the others.  She's a mess, just like the others.  

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

Ok, but my point was that I don't think Farrah and Simon ever actually broke up.  I think it was all a charade for storyline purposes - so Farrah could stage that break-up scene, the dumb session(s) with that hypnotist, etc...  And the fact that they still seem to be together and going on trips together seems to prove it.  

I absolutely agree with you and LM2162 that Dr. Drew has a terrible track record when it comes to encouraging vs. discouraging toxic couples on the show, but who really knows what's going on with Farrah and Simon when she constantly lies.  And yea, she's not having trap babies or battling addiction, but let's not forget that she does porn and is very likely a paid escort, so she's not exactly a paragon of a healthy romantic relationship, even compared to the others.  She's a mess, just like the others.  

Okay, I misunderstood. Yes, most certainly they could still be putting on a charade. 

No, she is certainly not one to have a healthy relationship due to her own issues. It is why I mentioned in one of my posts somewhere that her relationships don't last and that is most likely due to her dysfunction and the examples set forth by her own parents. 

One could do porn and still have a healthy relationship. Having a web site business where adults sell goods to other adults via webcams doesn't raise my eyebrow as long as it is all done legally and no one is being forced or harmed. As for the escort business, without something a bit more concrete, it is probably just a rumor. Unless there is something and I missed it. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

One could do porn and still have a healthy relationship. Having a web site business where adults sell goods to other adults via webcams doesn't raise my eyebrow as long as it is all done legally and no one is being forced or harmed. 

Does Farrah have this kind of business?  Cuz I was referring to the Back Door Teen Mom tape, the porn conventions, and the selling of busts of her private parts.  I truly don't mean to make general statements about the porn industry... I'm just commenting on what I see and know about Farrah by watching the show, including her relationships.

Just now, LotusFlower said:

Does Farrah have this kind of business?  Cuz I was referring to the Back Door Teen Mom tape, the porn conventions, and the selling of busts of her private parts.  I truly don't mean to make general statements about the porn industry... I'm just commenting on what I see and know about Farrah by watching the show, including her relationships.

I read something here long ago about her apparently have a webcam site or being associated with one, I can't recall the details. She might have been part of one or was planning on being part of that service. Honestly, I can't confirm. I suppose I should not add to the rumors without knowing for sure. I just Googled to see if I could find the information, but other stuff came up, if you know what I mean. You are correct about the adult toys. She was also doing hosting gigs at various strip clubs. That is what she was doing when TMOG premiered. 

5 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I read something here long ago about her apparently have a webcam site or being associated with one, I can't recall the details. She might have been part of one or was planning on being part of that service. Honestly, I can't confirm. I suppose I should not add to the rumors without knowing for sure. I just Googled to see if I could find the information, but other stuff came up, if you know what I mean. You are correct about the adult toys. She was also doing hosting gigs at various strip clubs. That is what she was doing when TMOG premiered. 

Honestly it's smart for her to do that.  Strike while the iron is hot and all that. You have an audience and you have a limited window to fleece that audience. Maci and Taylor's t-shirt business is really stupid to me, but I gotta give them props for their product placement. They are always on message. They even had a TTM wedding cake, FFS. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Uh oh, please stop googling!  I mean, if you want to...!  There might be some jobs or endeavors in the porn industry that represent female empowerment, I just don't think that's what Farrah is doing.  I think she is very, very damaged.  You can see the damage by just looking at her - fake boobs, fake ass, injections, plastic surgery, lips, wigs (or whatever she's doing to her hair)...  I think she honestly thinks she looks good, because in her world (porn), she does look good, or at least normal.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

Uh oh, please stop googling!  I mean, if you want to...!  There might be some jobs or endeavors in the porn industry that represent female empowerment, I just don't think that's what Farrah is doing.  I think she is very, very damaged.  You can see the damage by just looking at her - fake boobs, fake ass, injections, plastic surgery, lips, wigs (or whatever she's doing to her hair)...  I think she honestly thinks she looks good, because in her world (porn), she does look good, or at least normal.

No, you are right. It is not about female empowerment. I think, as @TeenMomAngerMgmt pointed out, she did what she did because the opportunity was offered to her and the iron was hot. Even Amber and Jenelle were given porn offers. I think she has weaned off of the adult business. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, TeenMomAngerMgmt said:

Honestly it's smart for her to do that.  Strike while the iron is hot and all that. You have an audience and you have a limited window to fleece that audience.

Yeah. Maybe in 10 years if the words "Backdoor Farrah" still mean something to someone, she can get 18-year-old Sophia in there to work the webcams. I'm sure the pervs who have watched Sophia grow up on tv would love that. Anything for a buck, right? Strike while the iron is hot and all that.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, TeenMomAngerMgmt said:

Honestly it's smart for her to do that.  Strike while the iron is hot and all that. You have an audience and you have a limited window to fleece that audience. Maci and Taylor's t-shirt business is really stupid to me, but I gotta give them props for their product placement. They are always on message. They even had a TTM wedding cake, FFS. 

100% agreed.  Strike while that iron is hot.  Make bank now and live happily ever after with Sew FEE uh.  I kid, I kid.  Farrah, and to a much lesser extent, Maci, seem savvy enough to see that the gravy train does have an end.  Make the money now and then spend the rest of your life doing what you love to do.

Have you ever heard of a baseball player named Sean Green?  He had an excellent career with a number of teams.  He still holds the record for most number of home runs in one ball game (four!).  He retired at his peak.  He easily had another couple of years in him.  People couldn't believe that he retired when he did.  His answer was simple: as much as he loved playing baseball, he knew it wouldn't last forever.  So he played ball and he played well and he banked his considerable earnings.  Now he does whatever he wants, whenever he wants, with his wife and children.  His life is bankrolled by his efforts from a time in his life that he knew wouldn't last.  So he planned accordingly, and by all accounts, he has a very nice life.  Apparently his teammates would often tease him for being so cautious and frugal.  Who has the last laugh?

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I looked it up. She had a webcam business called "Farrah and Friends." The tagline was, "Farrah, hook me up with one of your friends!" I don't know if it's still going or not. 

8 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Yeah. Maybe in 10 years if the words "Backdoor Farrah" still mean something to someone, she can get 18-year-old Sophia in there to work the webcams. I'm sure the pervs who have watched Sophia grow up on tv would love that. Anything for a buck, right? Strike while the iron is hot and all that.

I haven't seen anything to indicate that Farrah would push Sophia into such a thing. On the other hand, if Sophia wishes to be a stripper or work in the porn business, then whatever. There are MANY porn stars that hustle and still manage to have "regular" family lives with well-adjusted children. Simply being in the business, and working your ass off in it (no pun intended) doesn't mean you're going to push your kid into it. In fact, most porn stars work hard to ensure that their kids DON'T wind up doing it. 

• Love 10
(edited)
On July 10, 2017 at 9:27 PM, CaliforniaLove said:

I love how Tyler said he feels "feels entitled" because he "created that kid" in regards to Carly. Epic douche.

On July 10, 2017 at 9:52 PM, Lm2162 said:

Holy shit, you are not entitled to ANYTHING because you had sex and made a kid. It might have felt that way when you were 16 but it's been how many years? Pretty much seems now like they'll feel entitled to her forever because they had unprotected sex. And Tyler seems to feel even MORE entitled than Cate. He didn't even carry her for 9 months! And no, that doesn't make you entitled at all either, but literally all he did was have sex, he didn't even have those months of physical bonding-- and he told his girlfriend he'd leave her if she didn't give her up for adoption. You can't cry now about that...!!!

Tyler acts like ejaculating is such a rare, special thing that hardly ever happens.

Also, I'm thinking Butch and April "fighting for custody of Carly for three weeks" really means "Butch and April wouldn't stop pressuring and bitching at Catelynn to not go through with it and threatening to try to get custody (with no actual action) during a three week waiting period in their state where birth parents can change their minds." As someone mentioned above, that meant Tyler had to let Catelynn bunk at his mom's house where he could continue to put pressure on her to go through with the adoption and keep her interactions with Butch & April limited so she wouldn't be talked out of it.  

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, leighroda said:

Oh I definitely stay far away from his twitter!! I always worry for the future when I read comments about these people pretty much anywhere but here, ugh! I couldn't even believe when Dr Drew asked if Carly would have a place at their thanksgiving table or whatever in the future! I'm sure Carly will want to spend her thanksgivings with her actual family...you know the people who raised her? Especially if she sees even 5 minutes of Catelynn and Tyler "in action" aka doing nothing like usual. Or, dissing her parents, which seems to be their favorite activity.

Who places their child for adoption just to hold it over the adoptive parents' heads how much they supposedly owe them? Tyler acts as if Carly's adoption was some sort of big favor he did just for B and T when it can just as easily be said that B and T did Tyler a "favor" by raising his child when he could not...and make no mistake he clearly could NOT have raised Carly properly...even with years to mature and more money than they could've imagined back in the day they are still failing Nova...

• Love 15