Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E14: A Slippery Slope

• Start Topic

36 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

This is somewhat off topic, but I noticed when they were clearing the breakfast dishes that everyone's plates were clean, except for Carole's, which had a full plate of eggs, blueberries, etc, that seemed relatively untouched. So does Carole take the food just to appear to be eating with no intention of eating? If she doesn't plan on eating, why not leave the eggs, blueberries etc. so that those who want to eat can have more? Or, were the eggs so bad that she took one bite and said, Nah! And Dorinda just picked up Carole's plate to throw it all away without blinking as if its the norm. 

And thinking back to Dorinda's dinner party, we had Carole seen only eating green beans one at a time. Everyone else eats except Carole. 

Oh gosh. The producers are going to read your comment; I bet next season Carole, when she doesn't clean her plate, is going to have someone call her out for having anorexia! 

It could have been that the eggs couldn't have been eaten with her fingers, the way she prefers to eat her food, but then that makes no sense for why she left the blueberries. 

There is also the possibility of a hangover...just maybe. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

E! News account of the Truth and Dare  game:  http://www.eonline.com/news/865122/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city-played-a-game-of-truth-or-dare-and-held-absolutely-nothing-back

Seems they thought Bethenny was leading the way.

Sonja was the one that chose to grab the guy and force the kiss on him, there was nothing in the dare that required forcing yourself on anyone.  Sonja could have walked in the kitchen and asked for volunteers.  That's what I expected.

• Love 11

Ramona has to be the center of attention at all times or she feels like shes being ignored its really strange ...her grasping at straws with the whole Beth asked her what time it was and she told her so they must be making up is beyond sad. Girl she doesn't like you kick rocks........ She really comes across has a stage 5 Clinger like you have to tell her your friends over and over and over or she thinks you dont like her and then proceeds to be mean to you to make it look like it was her not being friends with you.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Ya'll probably covered it, but what I wanted to say about this is, she has said it was before he was famous.   Presumably in that corny ass phase he had between the Facts of Life and ER.   If so, that would mean it was before she was famous as well.   No paparazzo yet. 

According to Carole, "post Dr. Doug Ross, pre Danny Ocean".  So that's after he was on ER but the before the Ocean's 11 movies.  So that's like....1999-2000?  Prime hot years!

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, shoegal said:

According to Carole, "post Dr. Doug Ross, pre Danny Ocean".  So that's after he was on ER but the before the Ocean's 11 movies.  So that's like....1999-2000?  Prime hot years!

Oh well let me be clear (™housewifery) hot and corny are not mutually exclusive, the boy was always fine lol.    Thank you for clarifying.  I'm too lazy to check, was the press tracking him like that yet?  I don't think anybody was paying attention when he left the house until like his first People's first Sexiest Man Alive group cover, for which they were obligated to include Eric LaSalle.  {{whistlesatceiling}} 

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Oh well let me be clear (™housewifery) hot and corny are not mutually exclusive, the boy was always fine lol.    Thank you for clarifying.  I'm too lazy to check, was the press tracking him like that yet?  I don't think anybody was paying attention when he left the house until like his first People's first Sexiest Man Alive group cover, for which they were obligated to include Eric LaSalle.  {{whistlesatceiling}} 

He was People's Sexiest Man Alive in 1997-so I would say he was certainly on the radar.  He made it again in 2006. 

• Love 7
59 minutes ago, shoegal said:

LOL!  It was Truth or Dare.  That's kind of how the game is played, that's the Dare part.  There was nothing that Bethenny said that was about forcing yourself on anyone.  

Exactly. I would have assumed that Sonja would have asked one of the guys if they were game to join her in her dare. One of them might have said yes. I don't think they thought she would just grab him and go to town. Having said that, obviously it was wrong of her to do that. And he had every right to be angry. He said it was great. Maybe I am giving these gals too much credit, but I like to think that had he been upset or offended they would not have been laughing and would have sympathized with him. As it were, he was laughing like crazy. Which still doesn't make it right. 

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, TheFinalRose said:

This is somewhat off topic, but I noticed when they were clearing the breakfast dishes that everyone's plates were clean, except for Carole's, which had a full plate of eggs, blueberries, etc, that seemed relatively untouched. So does Carole take the food just to appear to be eating with no intention of eating? If she doesn't plan on eating, why not leave the eggs, blueberries etc. so that those who want to eat can have more? Or, were the eggs so bad that she took one bite and said, Nah! And Dorinda just picked up Carole's plate to throw it all away without blinking as if its the norm. 

And thinking back to Dorinda's dinner party, we had Carole seen only eating green beans one at a time. Everyone else eats except Carole. 

Carole eats on camera more than any HW I have ever seen. 

Maybe that plate was her second plate and her eyes were bigger than her stomach. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 4

ER was the #1 show on TV at the peak of Must See TV. The Thursday night line-up would get 20-30 MILLION viewers -- network TV gets nowhere near that these days. Clooney was very, very famous and it was a big deal when he inevitably left to do movies (even if one of them was Batman & Robin).

• Love 9
20 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Does gaslighting usually apply to people that are together and one uses gas lighting techniques to assert power over the other?  As in the gaslighter continually challenges the victim's perception of things to the point the person begins to doubt their own psyche and mental stability? Just saying someone is driving you nuts isn't exactly a gaslighting situation.   I don't think it applies either direction with these two-just my opinion.   

I agree; I was just reading an article on gaslighting and the 11 signs (or something like that).  It seems to include telling blatant lies, denying having said things even when there is independent evidence, throw in some positive reinforcement occasionally, their actions don't match their words, project their own behavior on you; try to get others against you, tell others you are a liar, tell you others are liars.  I don't see any of that here.  One of the elements is using those closest to you against you, which using their daughter would include.  But frankly, divorced couples use the kids against each other all the time, so...

Can someone remind me of the "ruling" or possibly the agreement about not talking badly about each other?  In a divorce that's typically not badmouthing each other in front of the children.  In their case I do believe at some point the Court ordered them not to talk publicly, though I don't know if that order was incorporated in the final decree.  But it would seem unusual to have a final order that the parties not speak/email/correspond badly to each other, outside the presence of the public or child.  Could be what happened, but I think it'd be unusual.  So while Jason's emails/texts may be harassment, they may not violate any Court Order.  And that's important, because I think if B could have brought this directly back to the divorce court, she might have  --  his unwillingness to cooperate (if the allegations are true) could be evidence against having joint custody.  Of course, if he's convicted, she might be able to use that to get out of joint custody.  All said, I don't know the specifics of NY custody laws.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Again, that doesn't make Jason guilty.  And thank goodness that this is how our legal process works.  Hopefully but not always.  According to reports, she went into that police station with her lawyer and some friends.  I don't know about the friends but I have no doubt she was there with her lawyer.  If she wasn't a C list celebrity with a lawyer, I really don't think she would have been given the time of day.  The same goes for the prosecutors. 

I don't think there's any evidence that Bryn's life had become chaotic.  I do think her pursuing this may cause more harm to her daughter and she should have handled it differently for the sake of her daughter.  She should keep her mouth shut about Bryn's father.  She shouldn't be bringing her now ex boyfriend around at her child's school.  Both of them should be putting their child first.

The only witness that she had was Dennis Shields to my knowledge. 

I'll be interested to see if she turned over the entirety of the email/text chains.  If not, presumably that's what Jason hinges his defense on, "it's at worse mutual harassment" or "I was egged on."  Otherwise, unless B faked some of the emails/texts, I can't understand not pleading to a lesser charge and moving on.

Since the divorce was final, I'm not sure there's a problem bringing her new guy to the school when she picks up Brynn.  Surely both parents weren't supposed to be there the same day, and even then, it's up to Jason to control himself and not show annoyance that he's not entitled to anyway.  Unless there's some clause in the divorce decree barring the parents from bringing girl/boy-friends around the child (and that's incredibly unlikely), she's fine.  I might not agree with it, because I personally think divorced parents shouldn't introduce their kids to every tom/dick/mary they date, but that's a different story.

20 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Is there any diet product already sponsoring extreme sports?

That would require her to spend actual cash.  So far I don't think we've seen her do that.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

And thinking back to Dorinda's dinner party, we had Carole seen only eating green beans one at a time. Everyone else eats except Carole

We didn't see Bethenny eat either.  She left for the slopes before the food was ready. 

I have done the group house/condo rental ski trip,  and we ALWAYS all left for the mountain at the same time, even if we didn't plan on all skiing together.  Were Bethenny AND Carole hosting the trip, or just Bethenny?  I ask because I thought it was odd (rude) for the hostess to leave her guests behind like that...  You never know when someone might try to light a fireplace, or try on your nightgown. 

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

We didn't see Bethenny eat either.  She left for the slopes before the food was ready. 

It was my impression that she was up much earlier than the girls to get some quality time on the slopes without the girls, the cameras, and the nonsense that was sure to ensue at the breakfast table. 

Luann was also wearing Skinny Girl colors...like the Swiss Ski patrol! (Name dropping but a step above Ramona's Aspen comments) 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Exactly. I would have assumed that Sonja would have asked one of the guys if they were game to join her in her dare. One of them might have said yes. I don't think they thought she would just grab him and go to town. Having said that, obviously it was wrong of her to do that. And he had every right to be angry. He said it was great. Maybe I am giving these gals too much credit, but I like to think that had he been upset or offended they would not have been laughing and would have sympathized with him. As it were, he was laughing like crazy. Which still doesn't make it right. 

I don't even think it would be okay for Sonja to ASK one of them. They were working for them. That puts them in awkward position. You always want to please the people you are serving. But to what degree? I just think anything while those gentlemen were working would have been over the line. Obviously forcing is worse, but even just asking would make me uncomfortable with the situation. I normally like B and Carole, but I thought it was gross how they were pressuring Sonja to do it. 

• Love 13

I got fired for not sitting on a guest's lap when I worked as a waitress in college. My boss told me that I had to do it, the guy was a big-deal car dealership owner near the small town where I went to school (Frostburg, MD). Nice! The guy was at the restaurant with his wife and asked me to climb aboard. I politely declined. He called my boss the next day and said that I was a terrible waitress, and rude.

They were wrong, wrong, wrong to embarrass the man and Sonja was wrong, wrong, wrong, to assault him.

• Love 23
22 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Luann was also wearing Skinny Girl colors...like the Swiss Ski patrol! (Name dropping but a step above Ramona's Aspen comments) 

Red is the color this season on the slopes.  Having seen B's snaps I can say that she has a white with black accept jacket that matches those pants.  She has an all red outfit and one that is black and red.  Drinking my hot brandy on the deck we decided that 9 out of 10 had red.  We compared it to the years of neon in the 90's on the slopes.  

• Love 5

I want to feel sympathetic for Tinsley, but she does annoy the hell out of me.  She seems like she's in stunted adolescence.  I know she's aware her bio clock is ticking, but she seems to be more vapid and boy crazy than my 15 year old.

• Love 14
37 minutes ago, shoegal said:

So, unfairly maligned while the actual wrongdoer is given a pass?  Yep, I agree!

Are people giving Sonja a pass? I'm not seeing it.  I thought we were all roundly criticizing ALL of them while you are giving the instigator a pass cause well, harmless, silly Truth or Dare game!

• Love 6
(edited)
10 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

OMG...okay. I watched the stuff with Carol and Dorinda discussing Jason and his charges.  You know, I like them, but,  I really wish they would can it and stop using the show as a way to manipulate Bethenny's ex-husband's issues.  Regardless of what really happened, Jason has not been found guilty of a crime. (I know Bethenny is a liar, but, I prefer to let the justice system determine if he has done something illegal.  I tend to think that it's Bethenny who is unstable and not Jason.  But, that's just me and what I've seen for the last 7 years.)

Do I think that Bethenny is using the show to POISON THE JURY POOL? A HELL YES on that one.  She thinks that by getting her girlfriends to smear him enough, maybe, he'll be too afraid to have a trial, since it's on national tv of how guilty he is.  Okay, maybe, some potential jurors don't watch RHONYC  Let's hope.  But, I do think it sets up a great basis for a Motion for the defense. I have my own theory of why Bethenny is so angry that she can't let it go, but, I'll take that to another thread.  I do wish that the show would zip it up, until Jason's case is resolved.  Wouldn't it be ironic if this ends up hurting her and not him?

7 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Would they let folks who were fans of the show be on the Jury? 

As far as Beth poisoning the jury pool, all that Carole told us has been reported in the media. I hardly think that any jury would be shocked to find that those close to Bethenny think that Jason is wrong. 

And with regard to it being discussed on the show, why shouldn't it be in whatever context it can be? This is Bethenny's actual life, and she is on a reality TV show. We all expected for Ramona to not refuse to make the fact that she was going through a bad divorce part of the show. Just because she didn't want initially to talk about it, just not acknowledging that it is going on is fake. Every single viewer of this show (or most of them) are very well aware of the fact that Jason was arrested for sending those messages and going to the school. Carole told us nothing we didn't already know. And because it cannot be said enough, Jason is well aware of Bethenny and the fact that she has somewhat of a voice through this show. He has seen her, or Carole allude to other things for a few seasons. If he is so out of control that he sent all of those message, even despite a C&D telling him to cut it out, the man is escalating badly. If he didn't think that it would ever be addressed on the show, despite the fact that it was happening during filming, he is even dumber than I think. And he cannot be dumber than I think. 

I know folks hate the bitch, but how could Bethenny be using the show to taint the jury pool? She didn't know that there would be a jury trial until March. Jason was arrested on January 27th 2017. He rejected a plea on March 13th. The case was adjourned to April 26th. Jason was arraigned on two additional charges. Jason made a motion to dismiss the case. The case was adjourned until August 8th.

The footage we're watching right now was filmed immediately after the arrest. So Bethenny is presenting as upset and withdrawn at the end of January knowing that mid-March Jason would reject the plea and that the case would go to trial. Apparently she knew in January that the case would go to trial so she encouraged Carole and Dorinda to talk about how awful Jason is to taint a jury for a trial that no one except for the Amazing Frankel knew would happen at some date to be determined. If Bethenny had those powers of prognostication, she wouldn't have fucking married Jason.

Additionally, how many people do you think watch this show? The population of New York City is 8.5 million, not the metropolitan region, but the city. This show is watched by 2 million people.* Even if all of the viewers are in New York (and we know they're not), there are still 6.5 million other residents of the city. Assuming half of the remaining population is ineligible to serve of a jury, there are still 3 million individuals who could serve on a jury and have at best a passing familiarity with Bethenny Frankel or no clue who she is. When they were at the Italian restaurant in the Bronx, the dude gave Carole what he thought was a compliment by saying she looked like "Ivania Trump." Melania Trump is actually famous and had just become or was about to become (it's unclear exactly when the scene was filmed) the First Lady of the United States, but that dude didn't know her first name. Do you think he or anyone in his circle are up on every last detail of Bethenny Frankel? Furthermore, it is highly unlikely that anyone who is really familiar with the Housewives would be on a jury.

7 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Beth is smart and stupid at the same time.

She is in danger to turn into Kelly Rutherford if she does not quit her crap.

I have said for a long time that this situation is very much in danger of turning into a Kelly Rutherford debacle. I think Bethenny was headed that way during the custody and divorce proceedings. When she saw her histrionic exaggerations weren't getting her anywhere, I think she largely stopped that nonsense. I can't say for certain whether Bethenny's fears about Jason are justified, but the plain reading of what was said at the school and has been referenced in the news I can see how it could be seen as threatening. Whether or not Jason is guilty is to be determined by a jury or a judge. All I've said is that there is evidence to sustain an arrest. Whether there is sufficient evidence to find him guilty is another matter. 

The other thing I've said consistently is that I don't think Bethenny's minimal celebrity or wealth had much to do Jason's arrest. She is neither rich, famous, or powerful enough to throw her weight around if there is absolutely nothing there. My point being that there is at least enough evidence there so that the police don't look like they just acquiesced to Bethenny's whims. However, folks are acting like the NYPD are naifs who have never dealt with rich, famous, or powerful people. There are 9,000 residents of NYC with a net worth of more than $30 million; 100 are worth more than a billion dollars. There are dozens of celebrities in NYC who are far more famous than Bethenny Frankel. New York City is the home to the General Assembly of the United Nations. All 195 members and observer states have permanent delegations and there are 117 diplomatic consulates in the city.

6 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

Maybe she wasn't eating because it was healthy food. When they were in Palm Beach last season at the Sandbar, Carole scarfed down her hot dog in the 3 minutes it took to get back from the concessions area.

*No one watches these shows. Atlanta has the best ratings and it's topped 4 million viewers maybe a dozen times. Every show on CBS that had ratings as bad as Atlanta's best ratings was canceled, except for Elementary. Bravo is an NBC Universal network. Almost every show on NBC with ratings as bad as the best Real Housewives ratings was canceled.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 14

Part of my wondering about Carole's full plate is why she took so much food if she didn't plan to eat it. Eggs aren't a favorite of mine for breakfast, and I don't like blueberries with eggs either. Therefore, I usually know when the food is out whether I want it or not, and don't take any if it doesn't appeal to me.

Carole both took the food and passed on the food. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

Part of my wondering about Carole's full plate is why she took so much food if she didn't plan to eat it. Eggs aren't a favorite of mine for breakfast, and I don't like blueberries with eggs either. Therefore, I usually know when the food is out whether I want it or not, and don't take any if it doesn't appeal to me.

I have similar issues as you do with Carole piling all that food on her plate if she wasn't going to eat it. It's wasteful and obnoxious.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Ramona has to be the center of attention at all times or she feels like shes being ignored its really strange ...her grasping at straws with the whole Beth asked her what time it was and she told her so they must be making up is beyond sad. Girl she doesn't like you kick rocks........ She really comes across has a stage 5 Clinger like you have to tell her your friends over and over and over or she thinks you dont like her and then proceeds to be mean to you to make it look like it was her not being friends with you.

I think there really is something wrong with her. Not normal behaviour for a woman her age. Either the wine has started to rot her brain or she needs medication. She is getting worse.

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

It was a half eaten plate, with some fruit (literally like 4 bluberries and a few raspberries?) and slice of bread and a little bit of the eggs left....perhaps she put too much food on her plate and got full faster than she anticipated?  I don't find it odd that she didn't clean her plate....but I wasn't raised in a clean plate house (hubby was!).  

3 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I have similar issues as you do with Carole piling all that food on her plate if she wasn't going to eat it. It's wasteful and obnoxious.

Wow.  

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, shoegal said:

It was a half eaten plate, with some fruit (literally like 4 bluberries and a few raspberries?) and slice of bread and a little bit of the eggs left....perhaps she put too much food on her plate and got full faster than she anticipated?  I don't find it odd that she didn't clean her plate....but I wasn't raised in a clean plate house (hubby was!).  

Wow.  

This is just one of my issues. My parents invited the new pastor and his wife over for dinner. My mother made paella. There was chicken and sausage and another with lobster, shrimp, scallops, and mussels. My mom explained what everything was. The pastor's wife takes big heaping spoonfuls of the seafood. She picks at the scallops and lobster and announces at the end of the meal that she doesn't like seafood. It's just a really strong memory. My parents never demanded that we clean our plate, but said that if you were unsure you should only take a little bit.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 7

IMO it was a full plate, and you can see in the wide shots that Dorinda's and Luanne's plates were wiped clean, Tinsley's was clean except for a little tomato or something left on it and Carole had a full plate of food visible in more than one shot. The breakfast wasn't plated, so Carole could have passed on it if she didn't want to eat. It bugs me. On top of eating her green beans with her fingers, I think she's weird with food. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Here is my take on obnoxious Ramona.  She is an original and if you go back to Season1 she did a lot to screw with Jill the anchor of the franchise by not inviting her.  Same treatment for Alex and Simon.  Then it was Luann and Kelly. Ramona had a total meltdown when Luann decided not to go to her Labor Day party calling her a slut and this and that.  The woman does not like to be slighted.

One thing Carole said, and I have no reason to disbelieve her, is Ramona is THEE one that insists everyone be invited to every trip.  Over the years a lot of the women have elected to take a per diem-so if you are screwed out of a five day trip and are making $15k a day it is real money.  That was the rationale last year about Sonya not getting invited to The Berkshires and why Bethenny keeps telling her to let it go.  Ramona already has the one not invited from Heather Season 5.

So last season, Ramona had nothing happening and decided to bend Bethenny's ear and try and ice out Luann.  Luann wasn't hearing of it.  We saw the results in the Berkshires.  Ramona was the one greasing the skids for the take down of Luann.

This season Ramona is missing events at Bethenny's direction. It is fairly obvious that Ramona intervened and the second night was all about her being HBIC.  I think it is bad TV to have these drawn out-is so and so invited and oh we need to have a chat before I extend the invite.  Horsefeathers-production tells these women who is going.  We see Ramona seething over the second day invite and arriving with Luann-I mean there will be no run for the rooms if Ramona arrives a day late.  In the previews there is a visibly upset Ramona demanding Bethenny have more respect for her.  It isn't pretty.  Ramona wants to be all in or extract revenge.  I just see it as about time the Ramona exit.  She has become a bigger cartoon than ever.

Ramona has been on a tear this year with the number of NFIs.  Luann's shower, wedding, Bethenny's Holiday Party, lunch in the Bronx and now Mexico.  She is coming unglued. Ramona has nothing left to offer and if Sonja had a brain she would detach.  The future is in Tinsley not the past that is Ramona. 

• Love 14
18 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

IMO it was a full plate, and you can see in the wide shots that Dorinda's and Luanne's plates were wiped clean, Tinsley's was clean except for a little tomato or something left on it and Carole had a full plate of food visible in more than one shot. The breakfast wasn't plated, so Carole could have passed on it if she didn't want to eat. It bugs me. On top of eating her green beans with her fingers, I think she's weird with food. 

I just watched the scene, it was half eaten, there was food left on the plate but it was not a full, untouched plate.  Carole ate, she just didn't clean her plate.   That bitch didn't eat all of her crackers!!!  LOL

• Love 13
29 minutes ago, shoegal said:

I just watched the scene, it was half eaten, there was food left on the plate but it was not a full, untouched plate.  Carole ate, she just didn't clean her plate.   That bitch didn't eat all of her crackers!!!  LOL

Well, yes. And the fact that NO ONE has never done this before. No one has ever put more on their plate than they can eat. Absolutely a reason for a person to appear obnoxious. 

• Love 13

I just watched the scene too. How could you determine it was half-eaten? It had the same amount in every shot. 

16 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I'm not saying that anyone has. My opinion is no different from anyone else.  It was about a comment from a poster in a response to me regarding Beth's situation as compared to someone who is being abused.  Ok.  Someone being physically beaten up.  I think Beth's situation is different.  And I brought up examples to show that I am not unsympathetic about 'abuse' or violence. 

I'm ending this because I try to follow and respect the rules of the forum. 

I know that sometimes what we write doesn't translate on a message board like it would face to face;  but I was commenting on what you wrote.

(edited)
25 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

I just watched the scene too. How could you determine it was half-eaten? It had the same amount in every shot. 

It did not, in the last shot, there were four bluberries and what looked like a few remaining strawberries (or it could have been the tomatoes out of the eggs), the avacado was gone and a single slice of bread remained with what looked like some egg remnants.  Did she clean her plate?  No.  Did she eat food?  Yes.  Perhaps it was more slowly than the others, but it was at least half eaten by the end.  

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

I think there really is something wrong with her. Not normal behaviour for a woman her age. Either the wine has started to rot her brain or she needs medication. She is getting worse.

Not normal behavior regardless of her age.  When I think about it,  this isn't anything at all new for Bethany,  Ramona is just more desperate than usual, she doesn't want to feel useless to the show. I mean what does she have going on?

When the show first started she seemed to have a real job,  not sure what it was,  she was married with a teenage daughter and a job. All of the women,  with the exception of Carole, have more going on in their lives. Bethany is treated like the golden child by the network,  two spin offs and producer status. She feels she has to stay in Bs good graces,  but despises her so much she can't help but be an utter c@unt to her. 

I don't feel any sympathy for Ramona, she is the only woman on NY,  that as someone posted upthread,  I cannot find one thing to like about,  but I think I understand why she's being crazier than usual./Though, that bitch has always been meaner than a rabid rat in a box. /

Edited by ShawnaLanne
I didn't like the construction of my last sentence.
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I don't even think it would be okay for Sonja to ASK one of them. They were working for them. That puts them in awkward position. You always want to please the people you are serving. But to what degree? I just think anything while those gentlemen were working would have been over the line. Obviously forcing is worse, but even just asking would make me uncomfortable with the situation. I normally like B and Carole, but I thought it was gross how they were pressuring Sonja to do it. 

I just cannot get behind this. I completely agree that she should not have just grabbed him and kissed him. But the whole deal about them employing him and therefore he had no free will to say "I don't want to kiss you" is something I don't get. Folks will ask you for other things as well. Can you give me a drink for free? Can you split the bill? Can you comp my meal? Just because someone asks you something and you want to please them doesn't mean you have to say yes to their requests. There are tons of people who work in restaurants or other industries where they service the public who have been asked out by a guest. My best friend was hit on by a guy when she was a waitress (hit on her relentlessly) and they have been married for 20 years. People are allowed to ask you things. And you have the right to say no to those things. Now, if they ask, you say no, and there are ramifications, that is a whole other story. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I just cannot get behind this. I completely agree that she should not have just grabbed him and kissed him. But the whole deal about them employing him and therefore he had no free will to say "I don't want to kiss you" is something I don't get. Folks will ask you for other things as well. Can you give me a drink for free? Can you split the bill? Can you comp my meal? Just because someone asks you something and you want to please them doesn't mean you have to say yes to their requests. There are tons of people who work in restaurants or other industries where they service the public who have been asked out by a guest. My best friend was hit on by a guy when she was a waitress (hit on her relentlessly) and they have been married for 20 years. People are allowed to ask you things. And you have the right to say no to those things. Now, if they ask, you say no, and there are ramifications, that is a whole other story. 

EDITED:  Misread original post!  NVM!

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 1
On 7/6/2017 at 10:38 AM, bosawks said:

Ramona's ridiculous, drunken wink with those tarantula lashes at the dinner table is why I just can't quit her sociopathic ass.

That wasn't a drunken wink, just Ramona blinking - her doctor botoxed her right eye open

giphy.gif

Ramona fan raising hand

tumblr_niqvisRuT21tq4of6o1_500.gif

I do have to say she did much better at skiing than I thought she would.

Sonja, was missing, me thinks she didn't learn the sport even while married to Morgan - reminded of the time she bragged about being an accomplished equestrian with Kelly and she promptly fell on her ass.

I was really hoping to see Sonja crouched near a mogul looking for some teeth

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I do have to say she did much better at skiing than I thought she would.

Sonja, was missing, me thinks she didn't learn the sport even while married to Morgan - reminded of the time she bragged about being an accomplished equestrian with Kelly and she promptly fell on her ass.

I would totally be Ramona.  I do think the screaming all about people being too close was typical over the top Ramona.  But Sonja?  She was on the bunny hill.  Do they even have bunny hills in Gstaad?

• Love 3
On 7/6/2017 at 2:44 PM, Mozelle said:

Seeing this picture actually makes me wonder now if SKG would throw their hat into the ring to sponsor some X Games competitor or some winter Olympic athlete.

As a sponsor that would be too expensive for SKG - you're basically paying the athlete to be a walking billboard - think Nascar and how the cars are covered with the logos of their sponsors.

Now what would be lucrative is if Nike, Puma, Adidas, Under Armour partnered with Bethenny to launch a women's Snowboard sportswear line - or maybe clothes for Yoga since she is really into that.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

This is just one of my issues. My parents invited the new pastor and his wife over for dinner. My mother made paella. There was chicken and sausage and another with lobster, shrimp, scallops, and mussels. My mom explained what everything was. The pastor's wife takes big heaping spoonfuls of the seafood. She picks at the scallops and lobster and announces at the end of the meal that she doesn't like seafood. It's just a really strong memory. My parents never demanded that we clean our plate, but said that if you were unsure you should only take a little bit.

That was a lovely dinner that your parents set for the new pastor. Most would have been in awe and appreciation. 

2 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I know that sometimes what we write doesn't translate on a message board like it would face to face;  but I was commenting on what you wrote.

Tell me about it! 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

In last week's episode, at my five-minute mark, at the Bronx lunch, when Beth is reminding the women that they weren't in the room when Ramona began ranting at her in the Berkshires (for having sex on a waterbed), they cut to Lu who agrees, "No, we weren't." Lu then does something that is one of my biggest pet peeves: instead of using her tongue, with her mouth closed, to dislodge some food from her bottom left side teeth, she pulls the left side of her mouth/lips back, in a kind of grimace, to loosen the food.  Very un-countess/un-Mrs. D'Agostino-like. But I suppose she was just eating crackers.

Blame it on her extra row of alligator teeth

• Love 6

FWIW, I thought that Ramona did a good job preparing breakfast.  At least it looked pretty on the table!  One thing that I learned in Home Economics in high school was when  you're preparing food, it's all about the presentation.   You always hope it tastes as good as it looks!  If it does end up tasting like shit, well, at least it looked good.   I've tried quite a few new recipes over the years, and if it's something I saw in a magazine I'll keep the picture of how it's supposed to look on hand.  Most of the time mine never looks as good as the picture does, so before serving said meal to Mr. Chat, I'll show him the picture and let him see how it's supposed to look.  Then that way when he sees the actual dish, it appears more appetizing since he is looking at the professional chef/photographer's version!

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

As a sponsor that would be too expensive for SKG - you're basically paying the athlete to be a walking billboard - think Nascar and how the cars are covered with the logos of their sponsors.

Now what would be lucrative is if Nike, Puma, Adidas, Under Armour partnered with Bethenny to launch a women's Snowboard sportswear line - or maybe clothes for Yoga since she is really into that.

If only she had been nicer to Heather,...

• Love 5
8 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

I do recall her eating pasta at Ramona's party. At least her fork was full of pasta. She didn't seem to enjoy herself when out with Bethany eating dim sum, or seem at all interested at the ice cream shop with interesting flavors. 

Maybe Carol chews with her mouth open because it's so rare for her to have food in her mouth.

• Love 3

It did not, in the last shot, there were four bluberries and what looked like a few remaining raspberries, the avacado was gone and a single slice of bread remained with what looked like some egg remnants.  Did she clean her plate?  No.  Did she eat food?  Yes.  Perhaps it was more slowly than the others, but it was at least half eaten by the end.  

Ok, in the interest of the truth, I Zapruder'd the scenes and you are correct. She did eat some blueberries, and some of the eggs. She did not eat her toast and her avocado. She left more food on her plate than any other cast member.

I don't know why this bugs me about Carole, but it does. It strikes me as somewhat representative of her character--that she takes things on and drops them part way into it. So half-eaten eggs and some faux avocado toast becomes a metaphor for her two book contract, the second part of which she never fulfilled. I see Carole as someone who has so much going for her -- both intellect and emotional intelligence, as well as writing talent, but she doesn't work it. I want more from her because I think she has a lot going for her. There. 

• Love 6
(edited)
20 hours ago, Cheetosandchoc said:

I didn't say that, I said I believed her.

You hate Bethany, you are entitled to your own opinion. I don't don't hate her, and realize I probably can't convince you to like her, nor feel the need for you to agreee with me. I'm here mainly for the snark. My disagreeing with you is not personal.

It's funny that people who defend a man who while not convicted, but has verbally threatened the mother of his child in front of witnesses, are ready to burn Bethany as a witch for matters relating to him that are merely speculation. 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, sasha206 said:

The lengths people go to justify behavior of over 40 somethings.

I will have to rewatch that scene I don't recall the exact words. I didn't think Bethany expected her to do that. Sonja is an adult I think she should be responsible for her behavior, not anyone else. If my kid got in trouble because they did something on a dare, I would be extremely disappointed in them, and it wouldn't occur to me to blame the friend. 

If they were uncomfortable and feeling pressure I would urge them to find an excuse to leave. we see stories in the news of hazing gone wrong, or sordid locker room stories, saying "they made me" doesn't fly in court. Certainly not in this case.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I don't have a prob with Bethenny doing the Jason-bashing, but Carole?  Seems really cagey to me.  Is Carole merely being a supportive palsy-walsy to Bethenny?  I don't believe that for a second, knowing just how manipulative Bethenny is.  Nah, it's Bethenny who's behind all of Carole's Jason-bashing.  Yup, Bethenny must be seething with such anger cuz here she's got the platform to publicly unload & dump all over Jason, but she can't.  That's where Carole comes in.  She's using Carole & Carole is happily letting herself be used by her.  Yech, I don't like any of it.  It's icky as hell to watch & gives me the creeps.

Still, I have no complaints about Bethenny this season.  For one thing there hasn't been much of her -- uh, YAY on that.  And she hasn't really done an overload of Skinny Girl plugs, or even Jason-bashing.  Now, while I think she's justified in her angst over Jason, I just don't wanna hear or see her whining & crying.  It's tiresome.  Glad we're not seeing much of that.

Idk, when these broads talk about bj's, I kinda wanna hurl.  Don't get me wrong.  I think it's great that older women are out & about & still enjoying sex.  But the thought of Moaner & bj's?  Ew.  But here's the thing I was I thinking . . . is it possible Moaner ain't givin' nobody bj's & she's just ALL talk -- cuz she's insecure about turning 60 & afraid nobody wants her anymore?

With the way she's acting she is more of a turn off than ever.

The sad thing is that there could have eligible rich men at all the places they go to who would have been interested in her but were turned off by what they saw and how she treats others. It not Ramona's sell by date it's the contents of her internal package that turned them off.

• Love 11