Type keyword(s) to search

The Chefs/Cheftestants of Top Chef

• Start Topic

It was filming when the Queen died (they showed London being shut down so they had to change the format of one of the challenges). That was in early September.

Edited by dleighg
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, dleighg said:

It was filming when the Queen died (they showed London being shut down so they had to change the format of one of the challenges). That was in early September.

Yeah, that's what I remembered, just not the exact timing other than sometime in September. 

A historic inn and its restaurant, helmed by Lee Anne Wong from the early seasons of Top Chef, were lost in the Maui wildfires.  She's been working with World Central Kitchen to feed those affected and is urging those who want to contribute to donate to Maui United Way.

https://wapo.st/3Ow0lJe

(article is gifted, I think)

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

I would not pay $150 for this menu:

I wouldn't pay $15 for it, as I don't like deviled eggs, pot roast, or green bean casserole.  I'd eat the pasta or pepperoni rolls if served to me, but wouldn't ever order either of them.  The only thing on that list I like is sole meuniere.

I remember looking at their full menu when this restaurant was announced, and very little of it appealed to me.

• Like 4
On 8/12/2023 at 4:53 PM, tvchick said:

A historic inn and its restaurant, helmed by Lee Anne Wong from the early seasons of Top Chef, were lost in the Maui wildfires.  She's been working with World Central Kitchen to feed those affected and is urging those who want to contribute to donate to Maui United Way.

https://wapo.st/3Ow0lJe

(article is gifted, I think)

I knew the Pioneer Inn had been lost but I had no idea Lee Anne was the chef there. We have been to Lahaina as part of our Maui trips nearly every year for more than two decades. I'm sorry I didn't know that was where Lee Anne was cooking.

• Sad 3
32 minutes ago, HyeChaps said:

www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/-top-chef-star-still-feeding-lahaina-community-after-losing-restaurant-191142981649 

Having been to Lahaina, the images of destruction have been on my mind a lot lately, but now seeing someone I "know" really got to me -- when Lee Anne said, voice breaking, "We lost a whole town", I choked up.

Here's a longer piece, from Good Morning America:

• Love 5

I watched Stephanie Izard and Shota go head to head on some Guy Fieri grocery game show. Forgive me, but I like them both enough to watch even Guy (muted). Shota went down. Again. Nate Appleman was there, too. I can record and ff as long as Steph is in it. Eaten at all of her Chicago places. A fan.

Also a WCK contributor, so here we come, Sheldon and Lee Anne. Good people.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
On 8/13/2023 at 5:16 AM, dleighg said:

I am a big V-brothers fan, but that menu is ridiculous.

Catching up on Top Chef stuff, so I'm a day late and a dollar short here, but I would imagine that if Michael Voltaggio is involved, Green Bean Casserole and Pot Roast are likely to be "Green Bean Casserole" and "Pot Roast" in name only.

It's not really his style to serve anything remotely close to what you would find in the standard Betty Crocker cookbook from 1983.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, RealityCheck said:

How TV Host Carla Hall Stays Authentic On-Camera (Audio Only)

In this interview, Carla talks about leaving her first career as an accountant to explore modeling and then cooking.  Then she discusses her pivot to TV, her commitment to being herself on screen, and her latest project Chasing Flavor, which is now available to stream on Max.

I haven't listened to the interview but I knew about Carla having left accounting and I still can't wrap my mind around her ever having been an accountant.  I worked with accountants for many years and she is nothing like any accountant I ever met.  All I have to say is "no wonder" and "thank goodness" she wisely made the career switch.

• Like 9

I watched the first episode last night. 24 in 24 sure is a mixed bag. I barely remember some of the chefs competing. I somewhat remember Declan Horgan but not what show he competed on. Does anyone recall? Looks like some unknown chef could take it since some big names went out the very first shift.

• Like 2

The delightful Eric Adjepong hosts Wildcard Kitchen which is very entertaining.

He’s such a great host and Food Network seems to know this. I find it fascinating because he’s not a loud character at all but has really carved out a good TV career for himself.

He’s dashing, witty and entertaining. Yeah I’m a huge fan😂 

I remember being salty when they eliminated him half way through a finale (loved Kelsey and Sarah too but that was uncalled for as he had his entire menu ready) so I’m thrilled he seems to be doing so well post Top Chef.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, nitrofishblue said:

I somewhat remember Declan Horgan but not what show he competed on. Does anyone recall?

Declan was a finalist on Hell's Kitchen several seasons ago.   As I recall, he came in 3rd.  He was also on that feud show hosted by Darnell Ferguson.  I can't remember the name of the show right now.

On 4/15/2024 at 5:29 PM, mlp said:

Declan was a finalist on Hell's Kitchen several seasons ago.   As I recall, he came in 3rd.  He was also on that feud show hosted by Darnell Ferguson.  I can't remember the name of the show right now.

Thanks for the info. I love to watch thw cooking shows. I can remember I had seen him but could not recall which show. Certainly not missing him AGAIN!!!