Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, Granny58 said:

OMG really Family Chantel?  

22 hours ago, Godfrey said:

Family Chantel is whacked. 

Omg hahaha reading Family Chantel over and over  is my oxygen today ! Thank you Family Previously, chix feet,  wild dogs, militia cauldrons, and form fitting mini dresses for all- on me ! 

21 hours ago, Quilty said:

I can't stand Pao. When she talks all I hear is " Blahblah sexy blah blah sexy photos blah blah in Columbia . Blah blah opportunity blah me me me. What a phony bitch she is.

Their scenes were FF thru 100%, her marriage is her absolute last priority. Pao is vile.

Loren and Alexei-aeiou are boring. 

My DVR cut off after Dani called Mo (OMG seriously, Danielle? Really? Put down your phone/Facebook and clean your new house!) what did I miss?

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Awfarmington said:

If Danielle can navigate the visa process, she can certainly figure out how to fill out paperwork for food stamps or look up food pantries in the area. 

Yes.  How on earth did she manage to get over there and back?  The woman doesn't have the sense God gave a goose.  I've traveled fairly extensively internationally and it can be very challenging at times.  It's fun, and I love it, and I wouldn't trade my experiences for anything, but things can get interesting in a matter of seconds (like the time I got pulled over in the Customs line and questioned for 30 minutes in Singapore!  Still not sure what that was all about!).

I can just see her wandering the airport in Tunisia, searching for Mah HAH Mit, and hoping upon hope that a McDonalds will materialize there in the terminal.

Edited by bethster2000
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, bethster2000 said:

Yes.  How on earth did she manage to get over there and back?  The woman doesn't have the sense God gave a goose.  I've traveled fairly extensively internationally and it can be very challenging at times.  It's fun, and I love it, and I wouldn't trade my experiences for anything, but things can get interesting in a matter of seconds (like the time I got pulled over in the Customs line and questioned for 30 minutes in Singapore!  Still not sure what that was all about!).

I can just see her wandering the airport in Tunisia, searching for Mah HAH Mit, and hoping upon hope that a McDonalds will materialize there in the terminal.

See, this is why she does not strike me as Developmentally Delayed in a clinical sense.  (I am the sped teacher who has given IQ tests.)  Is she lower?  Yes.  But a DD adult would not, could not travel internationally alone.  No way, no how.  Certainly not alone and not to a country where English is spoken but not as a first language.  

bethster2000:  Mah HAH Mit - CRACKED ME UP!!!

• Love 6
17 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

Chantel, these people are racist.  They will never respect you and your family.  

Honest question: are (some/many/most) Dominicans not also part African? Pedro's sister is darker than Chantel's father and brother, and Pedro reminds me of a young Pepon Osorio. I would've guessed both families were of similar Afro-Caribbean heritage. Pedro's family definitely has a chip on their shoulder about Americans, but that's a problem of nationality/culture rather than race. If I'm missing something here I would love to hear more insight about this!

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, bethster2000 said:

Exactly why I can accept the fact that she stole to feed her kids. But it sure sounds better than saying 'I stole to pay my internet bill so I can catfish men' lol. But it all goes back to my previous statement...she'll use her kids needs as an excuse anytime it suits her. She reminds me of the kind of woman who knows/suspects the bf is molester her kids but turns a blind eye because she wants a man so badly. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

See, this is why she does not strike me as Developmentally Delayed in a clinical sense.  (I am the sped teacher who has given IQ tests.)  Is she lower?  Yes.  But a DD adult would not, could not travel internationally alone.  No way, no how.  Certainly not alone and not to a country where English is spoken but not as a first language.  

bethster2000:  Mah HAH Mit - CRACKED ME UP!!!

The thing about Danielle is though she clearly is not the brightest bulb, she is resourceful enough to find people who can help her achieve her goals. I'm sure she had friends/family/Google (or Mo) to help with the visa application. Then airport employee's to guide her along the way when she traveled. Now we see her friends/family/lawyers advising her with the annulment/divorce process. You really don't need be smart in life as long as you have people around to point you in the right direction. I have a feeling 2 of her 3 girls keep things running on the home front. They seem like they have more common sense than anyone in that family. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I think Pao believes she's the next Sophia Vergara. Too little, too late, honey. Sophia was modeling in her late teens, early 20's. I think Sophia is also from Colombia.  I wish Russ would just tell PaoPao she's too old to start this now. That would really burst her big, inflated ego, wouldn't it?!!

This.  I can't stand Sophia Vergara, but what you said here is the absolute truth.  The thing is, I don't think Pao is actually *that* pretty.  Sure, she's very attractive and she has a sparkling personality.  But model pretty?  Superstar pretty?  No.  And while I am being a judgmental bitch, allow me to opine that Pao can look kind of chunky sometimes.  Now, I can't see any straight man or gay woman kicking her out of bed, but to be a model/actress/celebrity?  She's got a lot in the badunkadunk.

AND SHE'S TOO OLD.

• Love 8

I'm not that sure about the sparkling personality.  She gets really short tempered whenever Russ says anything mature. She reminds me of a teenager.  She's sparkling when she’s talking about herself, but downright mean when the topic is someone else.

Family Pedro are acting like entitled wenches. Like seriously if Chantel doesn't like it they can get a divorce? Who the fuck are they to make such a statement about his marriage? That was over the line. Absolutely no care or concern for their son/brother and his life or his wife. 

And Chantel is the worst actress EVER. Oh no you will not disrespect me.. GOOD NIGHT. Lolol I could not stop laughing at how poorly acted out that whole line was. She may be the least natural of any of the dummies who have ever participated on this show. 

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, bethster2000 said:

This.  I can't stand Sophia Vergara, but what you said here is the absolute truth.  The thing is, I don't think Pao is actually *that* pretty.  Sure, she's very attractive and she has a sparkling personality.  But model pretty?  Superstar pretty?  No.  And while I am being a judgmental bitch, allow me to opine that Pao can look kind of chunky sometimes.  Now, I can't see any straight man or gay woman kicking her out of bed, but to be a model/actress/celebrity?  She's got a lot in the badunkadunk.

AND SHE'S TOO OLD.

I've always felt she wasn't THAT good looking. Pretty for sure and better looking than the average woman. But the world is full of attractive ladies, successful models need to be MUCH more attractive.  I watched an episode of maybe Dateline or 20/20, can't remember for sure. But they followed young GIRLS wanting to model. One of the group made it, then went to New York. Once in New York, there were of course many more models wanting to make it big. Most ended up working non modeling jobs. So why Pao thinks she's model material is interesting. Unless her family and friends have built her up so much that she doesn't see what we all see. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Awfarmington said:

I've always felt she wasn't THAT good looking. Pretty for sure and better looking than the average woman. But the world is full of attractive ladies, successful models need to be MUCH more attractive.  I watched an episode of maybe Dateline or 20/20, can't remember for sure. But they followed young GIRLS wanting to model. One of the group made it, then went to New York. Once in New York, there were of course many more models wanting to make it big. Most ended up working non modeling jobs. So why Pao thinks she's model material is interesting. Unless her family and friends have built her up so much that she doesn't see what we all see. 

Not only that, but for high fashion the models aren't even conventionally pretty. They're borderline weird-looking in real life. (I don't mean that as an insult at all; it's just a totally different aesthetic.) Paola is conventionally attractive and a little dumpy. Her boobs are way too big for couture, and I doubt she's even 5'9", which is the absolute minimum for runway unless you're a truly exceptional case like Kate Moss. (For reference, Heidi Klum, Linda Evangelista, and Cindy Crawford are 5'9", and Tyra Banks, Christy Turlington, and Gigi Hadid are 5'10".) It's funny how women like Paola and Anfisa come here thinking they're going to blow all the Americans away with their exotic beauty and sophistication, but it turns out we have a few of those ourselves, and plenty of gorgeous imports, too. Even in Oklahoma!

• Love 10
3 hours ago, SoshulMeedya said:
6 hours ago, brillia79 said:

I don't think it's entitled to expect that your husband participates emotionally and financially in your household. I do think it is entitled to ask your son/brother to put you before his wife in almost every way.

I could kiss you.  THIS is exactly what I have been trying to say all along.

• Love 2

Ok but Pao doesn't want to be a high fashion model. She's not about couture. Fitness modeling and glamour modeling, that's her jam. Anyway, I think she's one of the millions out there these days who say they want to be a model or actress or whatever, but really that's just a means to just being a famous personality, like the women in That Family That Shall Not Be Named. Pao - and Anfisa too - they don't actually want to work, not even as models or actors. They just want to paid for being their own fabulous selves.

Speaking of Anfisa, I was eyeballing her in that bikini. (It was a very cute bikini.) Do my eyes deceive me or did I detect a little softness developing around her midsection? All that lounging around doing nothing and eating American food is going to take a toll her if she's not hitting the gym on a regular basis.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, chickenella said:

Well, sorry to say but once Mother Pedro passes away, and if Pedro has a falling out with his sister, then Chantel will be first. That may take a long time. (and I'm predicting if Sister Pedro has any children, it will be expected that Pedro will be paying for formula, diapers, etc.)

I'm still wrapping my head around the argument between Chantel and mother & sister Pedro. They just sat there laughing when Chantel got so frustrated and walked away. Those two did NOTHING to convince Chantel that she was wrong about them using Pedro for money. Sister Pedro even said something like, "Where is she (Mom Pedro) suppose to live, under a bridge?" OMG, that's not Chantel and Pedro's problem! Mama Pedro has a job, sister should have a job (if she doesn't already) and should be able to provide for themselves. It's ok if Pedro sends things to them from time to time (not large TVs and computers, tho) but what he's doing now is like giving an allowance to a kid. I wonder how far that crap would fly is it was Sister Pedro's husband sending $$ to his mother.

Also, when Chantel said, "Did you just call me a bitch?" in regards to the Punto comment, Sister Pedro said Yes. Was there an error in Sister Pedro's translation? I know my Spanish isn't perfect but if someone accused me of calling them a bitch or Puta when I didn't, I'd be stressing to them that was  NOT what I said, instead of just sitting there agreeing.

One more thing, I noticed that Mother and Sister Pedro did not greet Chantel with a kiss or hug when meeting with her in the hotel, which is kind of cold. As far as I've experienced, its customary to greet loved ones with a kiss/hug in Spanish culture.

Pedro's sister is a horrible, entitled and disrespectful brat, 

But I do have to point that she never called her a bi%$3, she said, "Si eso es lo que piensas de el, entonces divorciate y punto" meaning "if that is what you really think about him then divorce him, period" 

Notice how Chantal asked production to stop and then proceeds to make a statement first "she called me a bitch, did she just called me a bitch?" then she asks directly to Pedro's sister if she had called her that, Pedro's sister says "yes" but as hateful and disrespectful she is I honestly think that between Chantal talking to the camera and then asking her a question, it took her by surprise and she said yes not understanding what was being said. 

Chantal is playing this completely wrong. First, she is the one who lied to her family, she hid their relationship and fessed up days before the wedding and then let Pedro carry the burden of the disrespect from her family. Pedro IMO is not a bad person, neither is Chantal, they both have made the same mistake, they have bent to their family's wishes and have put them first instead of their spouse. 

Pedro has to make clear to his family that his wife comes first but Chantel has to do the same. She also needs to stop insisting that he visits her family and tries to bond with her brother, it is not going to happen. Pedro's situation is easier because his family is not close and when he visits then Chantal can stay at a resort. Of course if they want to make it work, otherwise divorce would be the easiest solution.

• Love 4

I honestly think that between Chantal talking to the camera and then asking her a question, it took her by surprise and she said yes not understanding what was being said. 

The editing on that whole scene was really weird. When the sister started ranting about how Chantel is always saying the same things over and over, I was puzzled. Has Chantel had enough conversation with those two to be considered repetitive? She wasn't repeating herself during that scene. It seemed odd. And when the sister yelled "YES" I felt like she was responding to something else, and it was cut to make it seem like she was answering the "did you just call me a F***ing B***?"

Of course, that could also because they had to do the scene several times, and everyone such a bad actor the editors had to give up and cut together whatever they had.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Wait.  After Family Chantel had disrespected Abuela by not getting out of the car and calling them scammers who wanted to marry an American for money, they were supposed to greet Chantel with a hug and a kiss?? Not where I'm from.  Even if she was right, once you disrespect granny you're dead to me.

I agree here, in Latin American culture, if you disrespect the granny, then you are dead. 

Another awful decision from Chatel, if her family wanted to leave then that is on them but at least Chatel should have stayed with her husband. 

Grandma lives in terrible conditions but the way she was treated by Chantel and her family was deplorable. She did nothing to deserve this. 

Should have done your homework Chantel, maybe visit his family in one of the many times you visited him in DR so you could have had an idea of what to expect and prepare your family ahead of time. 

• Love 7

I remember when the aspiring models on antm went to parties, they were to know who was who, to go up to them, introduce themselves, do their one minute self promotion, make a little small talk, move on to the next prospect. They were also instructed to watch their alcohol intake. The jacht party didn't go off that way.

6 minutes ago, Wendy said:

Grandma lives in terrible conditions 

Too bad there's no one there with a culture that takes care of their parents.

1 hour ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Honest question: are (some/many/most) Dominicans not also part African? Pedro's sister is darker than Chantel's father and brother, and Pedro reminds me of a young Pepon Osorio. I would've guessed both families were of similar Afro-Caribbean heritage. Pedro's family definitely has a chip on their shoulder about Americans, but that's a problem of nationality/culture rather than race. If I'm missing something here I would love to hear more insight about this!

It's my suspicion that Family Pedro would show Chantel and Family more deference and respect if they were white. Just a hunch. I think Mama Pedro wanted Junior to marry an American girl for all the financial benefits, but is disappointed he married an African American woman. It's also a class thing. I think Mama Pedro wanted Junior to marry higher on the social ladder and is taking her disappointed out on Family Chantel.  She may have imagined Americans to be so rich they would not notice or complain about the money being sent to support Family Pedro.  

I consider those attitudes racist even though Family Pedro may have some African ancestry.  The DR is a mixed bag of European and African descendants.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Wendy said:

I agree here, in Latin American culture, if you disrespect the granny, then you are dead. 

Another awful decision from Chatel, if her family wanted to leave then that is on them but at least Chatel should have stayed with her husband. 

Grandma lives in terrible conditions but the way she was treated by Chantel and her family was deplorable. She did nothing to deserve this. 

Should have done your homework Chantel, maybe visit his family in one of the many times you visited him in DR so you could have had an idea of what to expect and prepare your family ahead of time. 

This, when she could not or would not step out of the car at their home she sealed the deal on this marriage never, ever, working . Rudeness. Unforgivable . 

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, Wendy said:

Where were these terrible conditions that grandma lived in??? She has a nice house with electricity in the country. I thought that was the whole point of Chantel's family looking foolish when they refused to get out of the van.  From the way they described Oedri's Mom's apartment pre-wedding, Grandma has a much better setup.

If Chantel went to the DR and Oedri didn't take her to meet Grandma at her house, that's in him. His country. His culture.

So I have a question... did they say that Pedro was raised in that house by grandma? Was his mom 5 hours away in Santo Domingo?

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Not only that, but for high fashion the models aren't even conventionally pretty. They're borderline weird-looking in real life. (I don't mean that as an insult at all; it's just a totally different aesthetic.) Paola is conventionally attractive and a little dumpy. Her boobs are way too big for couture, and I doubt she's even 5'9", which is the absolute minimum for runway unless you're a truly exceptional case like Kate Moss. (For reference, Heidi Klum, Linda Evangelista, and Cindy Crawford are 5'9", and Tyra Banks, Christy Turlington, and Gigi Hadid are 5'10".) It's funny how women like Paola and Anfisa come here thinking they're going to blow all the Americans away with their exotic beauty and sophistication, but it turns out we have a few of those ourselves, and plenty of gorgeous imports, too. Even in Oklahoma!

You're so right! These girls were okay looking, but very thin (anorexic looking) and also very tall with unique features. Then you have Victoria Secret type of girls that have boobs, and few more curves, and traditional beauty. Pao is not tall enough for either, not facially gifted enough and too thick. Maybe fitness model but I think that's even a stretch. She could probably make out very well as a barmaid though. She would be considered very attractive in that setting and has an outgoing personality.  

Edited by Awfarmington
  • Love 5

Russ should've married him a Duggar.

My catty bitch remark of the day - Pedro's sister isn't as cute as I originally thought. She is like DR's equivalent to Tiffany Trump. Not ugly but moon pie faced and weak chinned. 

4 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

They did, but they didn't put out the other dishes until Family Chantel left.  The good stuff was never offered to Family Chantel.  

Yes to this. Those chicken feet and necks were the only things on the table like they were bread rolls. I didn't even see glasses of water or any other type of beverages on the table or offered to the family. What were they supposed to wash it down with? 

18 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Ok but Pao doesn't want to be a high fashion model. She's not about couture. Fitness modeling and glamour modeling, that's her jam. Anyway, I think she's one of the millions out there these days who say they want to be a model or actress or whatever, but really that's just a means to just being a famous personality, like the women in That Family That Shall Not Be Named. Pao - and Anfisa too - they don't actually want to work, not even as models or actors. They just want to paid for being their own fabulous selves.

Speaking of Anfisa, I was eyeballing her in that bikini. (It was a very cute bikini.) Do my eyes deceive me or did I detect a little softness developing around her midsection? All that lounging around doing nothing and eating American food is going to take a toll her if she's not hitting the gym on a regular basis.

I agree that Pao and Anfisa want to be famous (and rich) for doing nothing other than being 'pretty'

I guess grandma Anfisa was right when she said Anfisa had put on weight. That was a beautiful bikini BTW and I thought it looked great on her.

I find Pao's figure confusing. Sometimes she looks way thinner than others. Maybe it is the way she is dressing. 

I know Anfisa needs someone to talk and vent to on-screen but jewelry store girl irks. She just screams producer plant. 

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Ok but Pao doesn't want to be a high fashion model. She's not about couture. Fitness modeling and glamour modeling, that's her jam.

True, but even still... homegirl is on the business end of 30. Even glamor modeling is quickly sliding into the fantasy realm. She's not ugly, but women like her are a dime a dozen in Miami!

11 minutes ago, Awfarmington said:

You're so right! These girls were okay looking, but very thin (anorexic looking) and also very tall with unique features. Then you have Vitoria Secret type of girls that have boobs, and few more curves, and traditional beauty. Pao is not tall enough for either, not facially gifted enough and too thick. Maybe fitness model but I think that's even a stretch. She could probably make out very well as a barmaid though. She would be considered very attractive in that setting and has an outgoing personality.  

This is a master class in shade.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

True, but even still... homegirl is on the business end of 30. Even glamor modeling is quickly sliding into the fantasy realm. She's not ugly, but women like her are a dime a dozen in Miami!

This is a master class in shade.

Not intended, really. She can make a pretty decent income, compared to what she's making now...which is probably zero. I think being a barmaid would be ideal for her. The potential for tips is great, and she loves the party scene. It's an honest job and would help pay the bills. TLC money will only last so long. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

I know Anfisa needs someone to talk and vent to on-screen but jewelry store girl irks. She just screams producer plant. 

That woman was talking to Anfisa like she was reading interview questions off a piece of paper. When did you last see Jorge? How was sex with Jorge? What procedure did you have? What will become of your relationship? Honestly, it makes me a little sad for Anfisa that they had to hire someone to be her friend on tv.

• Love 7

That was a 5 hour trip to see Grandma.  Lots went on during that journey to make FamilyChantel not want to get out of the van.  Simple manners would dictate you not only get out of the van, but also you actually take small presents - including food -- to Grandma in the country.   Hard to tell what exactly Grandma's place looks like since the videography wasn't so great in the dark, but I can easily imagine that as an Elder that she probably likes her digs in the country and has no interest in moving to the city.  Many older US Americans feel that way, why not her also?  I can only imagine how FamilyChantel would have taken it if Pedro had treated FatherChantel's Mother like they treated GrandmaPedro.  We can only see what is on the screen in a vacuum....we don't have all the details, but given what we've seen, FamilyChantel's pearl clutching was over the top and unforgivable.  Let's tune in and see if Pedro forgives?

• Love 10

The thing is, Russ is pretty vanilla. Seems to be a very nice, hardworking guy but has likely lived a vanilla life. A sparkling personality he does not seem to have. At my age, a vanilla man is perfect. Not so much at 30. I doubt he has had much luck with women because he seems so reserved. I think he wanted the excitement he couldn't find in Oklahoma, or his life in general,  and Pao was it. She made it easy for him because she wanted to come here. The problem is that he wanted that exciting woman to become an Oklahoma housewife when it's obvious that wouldn't make her happy. 

The model party was just sad. There were no millionaires or billionaires there. Other than the last girl Pao talked to, none of those models had any type of model look. I am from California, where everyone says they are a model or actor but are working at CPK to pay the bills. That's what I think of these models. Call themselves models but likely never had much luck getting work.

I am not sure why family Chantal were afraid to get out of the van. They had a TV crew filming them. I doubt anything would have happened. I think Chantal was over Pedro before this season started filming but is stuck because she doesn't want to look like a fool. I am Team Pedro Grandma as I have decided to believe she is everything Pedro's mom and sis are not. I am sure her food was great. I think Pedro means well but is stuck between three women that would get on anyone's nerves. This is what happens when people who find a sex buddy for vacation try to turn it into a real relationship. It's amazing the things you learn about someone when you take sex out of the equation. 

• Love 6

I am really confused about the mentions of racism here. I don't get it. All of these people are primarily of black/african ancestry. Family Chantel is Black and American. Family Pedro is Black and Dominican. They are different nationalities but all the same race. Prejudiced? Yes. Racist? I don't see it.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

That woman was talking to Anfisa like she was reading interview questions off a piece of paper. When did you last see Jorge? How was sex with Jorge? What procedure did you have? What will become of your relationship? Honestly, it makes me a little sad for Anfisa that they had to hire someone to be her friend on tv.

I really think this situation could have been salvaged if, at the beginning, Jorge's sisters would have gritted their teeth, slapped smiles on their faces, and made nice to Anfisa. I often do that, and usually end up having a good time.

58 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

Where were these terrible conditions that grandma lived in??? She has a nice house with electricity in the country. I thought that was the whole point of Chantel's family looking foolish when they refused to get out of the van.  From the way they described Oedri's Mom's apartment pre-wedding, Grandma has a much better setup.

If Chantel went to the DR and Oedri didn't take her to meet Grandma at her house, that's in him. His country. His culture.

So I have a question... did they say that Pedro was raised in that house by grandma? Was his mom 5 hours away in Santo Domingo?

Terrible conditions in the eyes of Chantal's family. 

Grandma Pedro seems perfectly fine, happy and content. She lives in a rural area and 5 hours away from the city. The way family Chantel spoke about her home was truly despicable 

Maybe she was offered to move to the new apartment that they have and refused. Older people get set in their ways and are used to live a much simpler life that most of us. Not all of them are dying to change their lifestyles. 

By Chantel's family standards this woman lives in subpar conditions but I reckon to bet that grandma Pedro is happier that family Chantel and family Pedro (mother and sister) 

Both families are awful in their own ways but grandma Pedro preparing a typical dish that seemed like a "cazuela - casserole" to welcome her grandson's wife family and they insulting her by not even coming out of the van and make up an excuse as to why they couldn't stay broke my heart. 

If anybody would do that to my beloved grandma, there would be hell to pay for that. 

• Love 10

Pao said "my career" 3 times during the show and referred to it without saying it on one other occasion.  Would have been as pissed as a newt had I taken a shot every time she sad it.

I could cut her some slack if she referred to heself as an aspiring model, but she doesn't have "a career " just yet and may not ever have one in modeling. But calling it "my careeeeeer" just makes me stabby.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 8

I thought Grandmother Pedro was preparing sancocho in that fogata outside. I'm married to a Puerto Rican and sancocho is some good shit! It's delicious.

No doubt there were other delights like mofongo, tostones, rice and beans...yum-o!??

• Love 8
1 hour ago, MakingBacon said:

The thing is, Russ is pretty vanilla. Seems to be a very nice, hardworking guy but has likely lived a vanilla life. A sparkling personality he does not seem to have. At my age, a vanilla man is perfect. Not so much at 30. I doubt he has had much luck with women because he seems so reserved. I think he wanted the excitement he couldn't find in Oklahoma, or his life in general,  and Pao was it. She made it easy for him because she wanted to come here. The problem is that he wanted that exciting woman to become an Oklahoma housewife when it's obvious that wouldn't make her happy. 

Don't knock plain vanilla men. I married one at 26.  Great education, hard working, professional, makes a great living, extremely faithful, wonderful with the kids, and a fantastic lover.  Been married for almost 30 years. Paolo is not content with a good man.  I guess she wants a guy who likes to party or something.  Be careful what you wish for, Paolo.  As the song goes, you don't know what you've got till it's gone. 

Edited by Desert Rat
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

AND SHE'S TOO OLD.

I like Sophia Vegara, and I think she is a talented comedic actress.  She makes it look easy.

My husband would have zero interest in Pao.  He isn't particularly interested in the show, but watches because I do.  He laughs at the idea of Pao being a model, given how bottom heavy she is, how short she is, and he has commented several times that she really likes to eat.  I think his point with that is that she doesn't have the discipline to be a model.

I'll also say that I like the Alexei/Loren story line, and it's the only one my husband is interested in, as he thinks they are a "normal" married couple.  Plus like Alexei, he's from Ukraine.  One thing he has said is that none of them are interested in a family life, other then Alexei/Loren and Russ (but not Paola).  All the others, he said, are all "me, me, me".  That doesn't make for a lasting marriage.

Edited by Real Eyes
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Real Eyes said:

I'll also say that I like the Alexei/Loren story line, and it's the only one my husband is interested in, as he thinks they are a "normal" married couple.  Plus like Alexei, he's from Ukraine.  One thing he has said is that none of them are interested in a family life, other then Alexei/Loren and Russ (but not Paola).  All the others, he said, are all "me, me, me".  That doesn't make for a lasting marriage.

Interesting.  My husband reluctantly watches with me sometimes.  The only woman he finds attractive at all is Loren because she is not fake (boobs, eyelashes, lips, etc.) unlike the others.

1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

I am really confused about the mentions of racism here. I don't get it. All of these people are primarily of black/african ancestry. Family Chantel is Black and American. Family Pedro is Black and Dominican. They are different nationalities but all the same race. Prejudiced? Yes. Racist? I don't see it.

You say tomato, I say tomato.  ?. (I sure am dating myself with this one).

Edited by Desert Rat
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Swim mom said:

I laugh that taking care of mothers is such a big part of DR culture, while Pedro's mom certainly isn't taking care of Grandma.

I think I love you.

5 hours ago, Quilty said:

How coked up were the hooker/models at that jacht club party? Pao's agent was dragging her all over the place and everyone was hyper excited!

That was a sad party and that "agent" is just trying to not let on she runs a brothel.

2 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Russ should've married him a Duggar.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, bethster2000 said:

I would have given anything for her to tell everyone the recipe for that yummy-looking "guisado" she was making for her and Russ.

Maybe Paolo can cook.  Better choice of career for her. 

12 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

I am going to agree to disagree because we won't really see eye to eye on this. Before Pedro's mother even appeared on this show Family Chantal was incredibly rude. No one even did anything to them at that point, but they were making baseless and disrespectful accusations. In fact, it was Pedro begging Chantal to be honest with her family because he didn't want her lying about what was happening. She continued to lie and who got punished for that? Pedro. Chantal's family has been disrespectful for over a year at this point.

Anyway, I maintain that it's ignorant to assume that Pedro's grandma had nefarious intentions because she was preparing food outside.

My final point - if Pedro's family is racist (which I don't believe they are and I am saying that as Haitian woman who has dealt with racist people from DR), Chantal's comes off as classist and xenophobic. That's certainly not any better. 

Side note- I grew up in a culture where people eat  chicken feet and necks. It may not be for everyone, but they are not 'disgusting'.

Pedro's mom is indeed a racist. She is vocal in a DR group who wants all Haitians out of their country. The Haitians in DR are getting extremely bad treatment by a large group of people in DR. Doctor's Without Borders are threatening to stop treating Dominicans and only Haitians if they continue to spit, harass and physically manhandle Haitians living in DR. 

Here is Pedro's mom's facebook page. She is not shy in her participation in this "hate" group. 

https://www.facebook.com/lidia.morelurena

Spitting and physically assaulting Haitians just because you don't want people with dark skin in your country is absurd considering how dark Pedro and his family are themselves. The amount of self hate these people have is laughable.

Edited by sweetpea
deleted a message box and not done
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, trashTV said:

you no respect my culture

vlcsnap-2017-08-07-16h20m46s857.png

I wouldn't care about Chantel's culture either. Rude intrusive parents. A borderline incestuous brother. Constant taunts at my brother about being in the marriage for a greencard and then disrepecting my granny? Family Chantel and their "culture" can go screw.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 11