Type keyword(s) to search

Season 2 Discussion

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

What really gave him away to me was not the lawyer's visit, but what he said to the lawyer. He was genuinely shocked when he found out that he would have to wait two years for his green card. He could barely get the words out and all he could do was stammer, "B-but why it take so long?"  I truly think that his plan was to bolt for Canada two weeks after the wedding, no explanation, nada, leaving Danielle completely in the lurch and in the dark. In his mind it was either stick with Danielle or go back to Tunisia and start from scratch, so he decided to marry Danielle, but resented the hell out of her for it because she expected him to stay with her.

Mo didn't do his homework before coming here. He should have studied our laws a little more. That's what you do, right, when your entire future is contingent upon a single law? You find out what that law is?

BLAME CANADA! haha.... Yeah, I can see where his brother and best friend in Canada got confused. When Mo was talking to his first online girlfriend, he complained about being stuck in the U.S., he wanted to be in Montreal with other sophisticates like himself. He wanted her to send him a train ticket to Canada but by that time she was wise to him (she's also submitted an Affidavit to USCIS)

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Real Eyes said:

I know no one who married for money/stability.  I've known a lot of people who married out of lust rather than love.

Regardless of who we personally know, people do get married for money and for stability. It's not a far-fetched concept.

People indeed marry for lust. I said so last week. I said I thought all of the marriages on this show were lust based, though sometimes one-sided lust. That lust blinded people to some major problems: deceit, incompatible goals, and financial disputes.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, realitymaven said:

. . .the U.S. taxpayer who will end up paying for this in the long run. 

What will the taxpayer be paying for?  We've already received the taxes from whatever he was paid for appearing on the show. . . .I cannot imagine what costs there would be.  

• Love 2

***If you can only make your point by being rude to other posters, don't post.  Take a break and come back later.***

Uncivil comments past this point will be removed and warnings/suspensions issued to their owners. 

• Love 9

If Loren and Pao keep up with their friendly relationship I think Alexei is going to have a big issue with it. He is a man of few words but you can tell he doesn't like Pao at all!

Did anybody else notice when Loren was on the edge of the couch yelling at Mo for the eleventymillionth time, Alexei pulled her back and quietly said "That's enough, now". It was only then that she quieted down. Oh yeah, Alexei was not happy with her. I have to say the man has a lot of class. Team Alexei!

• Love 17
Just now, brillia79 said:

Regardless of who we personally know, people do get married for money and for stability. It's not a far-fetched concept.

People indeed marry for lust. I said so last week. I said I thought all of the marriages on this show were lust based, though sometimes one-sided lust. That lust blinded people to some major problems: deceit, incompatible goals, and financial disputes.

But it is not a common cultural concept in the West.   It is not the norm.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

What will the taxpayer be paying for?  We've already received the taxes from whatever he was paid for appearing on the show. . . .I cannot imagine what costs there would be.  

If Mo goes on government assistance (welfare or whatever it's called in the U.S., I'm not exactly sure) then Danielle as his sponsor is obliged to pay it back. But if she's not able to pay, then the government is stuck. Also, Mo has already received benefits that Dani doesn't have to pay-- special housing allowance by piggybacking on an eligible couple's allotment (not sure how that works in the U.S. either). 

And sadly, the day may come when Mo's youth and "beauty" fade and he no longer receives his steady stream of "small gifts and donations" from middle aged women he seduces online. Maybe he can get a medical disability? I'm laughing now but I'll be crying if he comes to Canada, lol.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

I live in the west. It's still a norm.

As do I, and I do a lot of tax planning in high net worth divorces.  I can think of only one of those failed marriages that were based on money.  Second marriage, she was stunningly beautiful, he was a professional with a $400,000 income.  She left him for someone wealthier, who didn't marry her, just lived with her a few months then tossed her aside.  They did have a pre nup, but had a few joint assets to divide.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, realitymaven said:

If Mo goes on government assistance (welfare or whatever it's called in the U.S., I'm not exactly sure) then Danielle as his sponsor is obliged to pay it back. But if she's not able to pay, then the government is stuck. Also, Mo has already received benefits that Dani doesn't have to pay-- special housing allowance by piggybacking on an eligible couple's allotment (not sure how that works in the U.S. either). 

And sadly, the day may come when Mo's youth and "beauty" fade and he no longer receives his steady stream of "small gifts and donations" from middle aged women he seduces online. Maybe he can get a medical disability? I'm laughing now but I'll be crying if he comes to Canada, lol.

Danielle's got a new agent and, presumably, a new show so she will have all kinds of money to pay them for him, sadly for her. She might even be able to dump her cosponsor who I'm sure is one harried individual by now. 

The deportation process is a long one. Even if she did succeed, it's still a couple of years down the road at least. They've got a tremendous backlog.

Hopefully she can focus on her family and her new career for now.

I'm sure he's set his sights on Canada.

Or what if he marries another U.S. citizen? Yikes! 

• Love 1

I wonder if he knows he can get a same sex partner marriage now too? Hmmmmm, jes sayin".

I think Canada might be spared: only because Mo's sister-in-law took a distinct dislike to Mo (basically saw what he was). The welcome mat Chez MoBro has been withdrawn.

Edited by realitymaven
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Real Eyes said:

As do I, and I do a lot of tax planning in high net worth divorces.  I can think of only one of those failed marriages that were based on money.  Second marriage, she was stunningly beautiful, he was a professional with a $400,000 income.  She left him for someone wealthier, who didn't marry her, just lived with her a few months then tossed her aside.  They did have a pre nup, but had a few joint assets to divide.

There are millions of marriages in the western world that exclude the people either of us know personally. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Danielle's got a new agent and, presumably, a new show so she will have all kinds of money to pay them for him, sadly for her. She might even be able to dump her cosponsor who I'm sure is one harried individual by now. 

The deportation process is a long one. Even if she did succeed, it's still a couple of years down the road at least. They've got a tremendous backlog.

I'm sure Danielle has plans for the future.  The odds of Mo ever getting public assistance are slim to none, and slim's out of town.  So there will almost certainly never be anything for Danielle to pay back.  She also simply has no grounds on which to build a case for deportation.  It was pathetic to see she had a notebook full of his messges to other women, and even more tragic to hear she thought they would help in a deportation hearing.  She also gathered "statements" from her family - saying WHAT?  She has absolutely no substantive evidence that he was scamming her.   Courts want evidence, not suspicion.  The woman seriously needs to move on if she wants any chance of a semi-normal life.  

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Nowhere said:
9 minutes ago, realitymaven said:

I wonder if he knows he can get a same sex partner marriage now too? Hmmmmm, jes sayin".

I think Canada might be spared: only because Mo's sister-in-law took a distinct dislike to Mo (basically saw what he was). The welcome mat Chez MoBro has been withdrawn.

Now that's interesting. Sounds like Mo's brother is a very different type of person than he is. And I think he has another brother in Tunis, Tunisia? Mo must be the black sheep.

My guess is they certainly didn't approve of his marriage to Danielle. We never saw him skyping them or anything. They probably didn't think his intentions towards her were true.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Deafening Roar said:

As someone who has gone thru an immigration process, for those curious about Jorge's finances, we had to show financial information, bank statements, bank account numbers, my pay check stubs for a certain length of time, several years previous tax returns, very in depth info.

Granted we weren't doing a K1 visa but I imagine the requirements are the same or similar. So I'm not sure how Jorge proved anything, unless they used bank acct info and previous year's tax returns. You have to be able to prove you can support yourself and the immigrant as well.

Then again, idk how Jorge could use bank acct info when most banks don't want marijuana dispensers using the bank for their income. Idk, it's beyond me how he proved anything.

I'd find it hard to believe all he had to show was bank statements anyway. Ditto on legit banks not taking marijuana money. 

Maybe Jorge uses Bitcoin? Money laundering? That whole situation is shady. Unless Jorge is lying about being in the marijuana business and really works at Blockbuster or something.

Danielle's relationship with Mo put her in the spotlight (well, of a cable reality show) and has gotten her attention on social media.  It has also provided an income from TLC that is probably more than she would have otherwise earned.  By continuing to pursue him and lament him, she stays somewhat in the limelight and it may potentially lead to other reality shows.  Yes, I think Danielle was infatuated with Mo, but I also think that she has realized that fame, attention, and paychecks have been the result of her relationship with him.  Therefore, I think that some of her desperation to keep tabs on him as well as continually find reasons to stay in his life are related to future employment opportunities and a level of fame as much as any feelings she still has for him.  

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

I'm sure Danielle has plans for the future.  The odds of Mo ever getting public assistance are slim to none, and slim's out of town.  So there will almost certainly never be anything for Danielle to pay back.  She also simply has no grounds on which to build a case for deportation.  It was pathetic to see she had a notebook full of his messges to other women, and even more tragic to hear she thought they would help in a deportation hearing.  She also gathered "statements" from her family - saying WHAT?  She has absolutely no substantive evidence that he was scamming her.   Courts want evidence, not suspicion.  The woman seriously needs to move on if she wants any chance of a semi-normal life.  

Right. All this stuff is so not healthy for her even though it's great fun for us, or at least, for me. 

Also, it's funny because you could tell Mo didn't want her reading anything out of that book. He was embarrassed by it so he started going on about her bits and pieces and how they didn't mean anything.

And, that distracted her.

They would have gone a long way as far as embarrassing him during the tell-all!

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

It was pathetic to see she had a notebook full of his messges to other women, and even more tragic to hear she thought they would help in a deportation hearing.  She also gathered "statements" from her family - saying WHAT?  She has absolutely no substantive evidence that he was scamming her.   Courts want evidence, not suspicion.  The woman seriously needs to move on if she wants any chance of a semi-normal life.  

Not quite. The old messages to and from Mo to other women were Exhibits to Affidavits from the women themselves. Coupled with Mo's statements (on and off camera) against interest: exceptions to the hearsay rule. So she does have the evidence but what USCIS will do with it is anyone's guess. 

But I do take your point: why take it on the show to wave in front of Mo? She's never going to get a heartfelt (or any) apology from the guy. Let the justice system do its work, hope for the best and move on.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Danielle's relationship with Mo put her in the spotlight (well, of a cable reality show) and has gotten her attention on social media.  It has also provided an income from TLC that is probably more than she would have otherwise earned.  By continuing to pursue him and lament him, she stays somewhat in the limelight and it may potentially lead to other reality shows.  Yes, I think Danielle was infatuated with Mo, but I also think that she has realized that fame, attention, and paychecks have been the result of her relationship with him.  Therefore, I think that some of her desperation to keep tabs on him as well as continually find reasons to stay in his life are related to future employment opportunities and a level of fame as much as any feelings she still has for him.  

That's a really good point, Sal! She has realized that her future income earnings are tied to him. And she loves staying in the spotlight.

However, her obsession, it's a real thing with a life of its own. She has a serious and unhealthy interest in Mo.

I think all of it is congealed into one big wad inside of her head.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

You know, that would be a fascinating study I would love to read. I'm sure everyone who goes on one of these shows thinks they can control how they appear to the viewers. But what is the relationship between the "fame" and one's one psychology? I fear it can't be anything good. Would Danielle have gone to Miami to confront Mo if the producers hadn't egged her on? I can see the lure of the money but at what cost? I would shrink away at the first sign of online bashing, much less from a constant barrage for years.  But how else does it distort your own perception of yourself? I think I would end up in a padded cell after only one season!

• Love 3

First time poster. I thought both Loren and Pao were out of line and being "mean girls". But I thought in some of her statements Loren was answering with passion about the subject and Pao was just being mean and causing drama. Not referring to the statements about Anfisa's looks, that was not called for!

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, realitymaven said:

You know, that would be a fascinating study I would love to read. I'm sure everyone who goes on one of these shows thinks they can control how they appear to the viewers. But what is the relationship between the "fame" and one's one psychology? I fear it can't be anything good. Would Danielle have gone to Miami to confront Mo if the producers hadn't egged her on? I can see the lure of the money but at what cost? I would shrink away at the first sign of online bashing, much less from a constant barrage for years.  But how else does it distort your own perception of yourself? I think I would end up in a padded cell after only one season!

That would be interesting. I'd imagine one's ability to delude oneself increases  Among other weird not so good things.

A couple of days ago, I heard an interview with a comedian. When the Atlanta child murderer was on the loose in the 1980s, the city imposed a curfew, and this comedian's drug-addled mother allowed her children to play outside after the curfew. As a result, she was interviewed by a news crew who basically asked her, WTF? Well, this comedian, now a grown woman, remembered her mother being so happy and proud and elated to be on the news. She told everyone about it! Where was the shame?

For years her mother felt so invisible from the poverty and everything else. Finally, someone listened to HER, and it didn't matter what she was saying. She was so desperate just to be heard.

I think that's Danielle. 

She got a taste of this attention and she liked it so much. She doesn't care what they're saying, as long as they are saying it.

15 minutes ago, realitymaven said:

Not quite. The old messages to and from Mo to other women were Exhibits to Affidavits from the women themselves. Coupled with Mo's statements (on and off camera) against interest: exceptions to the hearsay rule. So she does have the evidence but what USCIS will do with it is anyone's guess. 

But I do take your point: why take it on the show to wave in front of Mo? She's never going to get a heartfelt (or any) apology from the guy. Let the justice system do its work, hope for the best and move on.

On one of the groups there was a bunch of posts from an immigration officer. She said he had a 50/50 shot and it was anybody's guess how things could go.

• Love 3

I didn't have problem with Mohammed telling Loren to calm down. He wasn't yelling at her. And how else do you get someone who is screaming at you and won't let you get a word in to stop plus she calls you something that was bleeped?  And Loren if you are so embarrassed  and don't want to be associated with Danielle and Mohammed then quit the show. Very easy solution.

Mohammed actually said a lot of stuff that made sense these two episodes of Tell all. Last week about Americans treating them like things they can buy and how they are supposed to be forever thankful and in their debt because they allowed them to live American dream. I bet his version of American dream is not living with a nut job with criminal record who is gonna stalk him for the rest of his life. Danielle was scared that he would really disappeared, she lives off the drama she creates. Why she was so upset about him posting about the divorce? Why would her family and relatives who hate him be following him on social media??? Why is she following him if she says she is over him??? Because she is not. Her 3 inch thick binder with printouts of his texts prove how sick she is. That is not a healthy way to get over bad relationship. Thank god her children our old enough to take care of themselves as she must spend every minute of her day when she is not sleeping combing internet to find info about Mohammed. 

Danielle there is no pictures of you with another man because they see you are a nut case and stay away. Not sure I believe the "boyfriend" story. Unless it's another one she bought.

Mohammed: "It's okay to do it but not post pictures"  and  "so if I do it and not post the pictures you would be ok with that?" LOL

Loren probably asked all the questions we are asking on this forum because she reads here and though she could be our speaker person  since she is also a speaker person for tretts. LOL hi Loren! "What was it beside her body that you were really madly in love with?" And Alex shaking his head all embarrassed by his wife behaviour and probably trying to think why HE fell in love with her. Maybe Loren should get a job with immigration since she is apparently an expert at recognizing who is really in love and really deserve the green card, who is doing it for the right reasons and who does it for wrong.   

Moderator: "Pedro you look like you want to say something?" Pedro: " no, it's not my business!" Finally someone with a good sense.

Loren is entitled to answer how she is feeling but won't let Mohammed do the same... yes Loren we already knew from your behavior that you feel entitled but now you just told us yourself. Ok...

Edited by ava111
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

That would be interesting. I'd imagine one's ability to delude oneself increases  Among other weird not so good things.

A couple of days ago, I heard an interview with a comedian. When the Atlanta child murderer was on the loose in the 1980s, the city imposed a curfew, and this comedian's drug-addled mother allowed her children to play outside after the curfew. As a result, she was interviewed by a news crew who basically asked her, WTF? Well, this comedian, now a grown woman, remembered her mother being so happy and proud and elated to be on the news. She told everyone about it! Where was the shame?

For years her mother felt so invisible from the poverty and everything else. Finally, someone listened to HER, and it didn't matter what she was saying. She was so desperate just to be heard.

I think that's Danielle. 

She got a taste of this attention and she liked it so much. She doesn't care what they're saying, as long as they are saying it.

Wow, interesting and somewhat scary too! I was on TV years ago for an unusual court case I was defending. My client belonged to a religious sect that (wait for it) believed in setting fires AND appearing nude in court (that's what attracted the press in the first place). I tried to explain the rationale (too wordy for prime time) and when the segment was finally shown, it sounded like I was the one advocating being nude in court! Naturally, this was the one piece of press coverage that went nationwide so all my relatives in Eastern Canada saw it too. I got a lot of worried phone calls that night, haha. 

That was my lesson about TV "fame"!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, brillia79 said:

I live in the west. It's still a norm.

I agree it is a norm, but as PART of the package.  We marry for love, but most of us want to avoid chaos and poverty.   Those are definitely factors when considering a spouse (men as well as women).

Edited by Granny58
  • Love 4
55 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

Unless Jorge is lying about being in the marijuana business and really works at Blockbuster or something.

Could be.  Jorge is apparently not even his real name.  This show is the land of illusions.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

If Loren and Pao keep up with their friendly relationship I think Alexei is going to have a big issue with it. He is a man of few words but you can tell he doesn't like Pao at all!

Just like he didn't like her friend in NY who took the fall for Strippergate. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Just like he didn't like her friend in NY who took the fall for Strippergate. 

I think he feels a lot of second hand embarrassment for Loren...and he has to, because she has none. I'm struggling to see what Alexi finds attractive about her. Yes she's cute, but a marriage needs more than physical attraction. He's Mr. Low Key and she's a whiney little brat who thrives on drama. Just wait till the time have kids and a mortgage, when marriages are really put to the test.  

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Real Eyes said:

He's not reserved.  He is contemptuous of women, so he sees no need to engage with them when confronted.  Not that he has to, but he reeks of misogyny.

That Loren, a Jewish woman, was taking him to task must have been especially galling.  When they took a break in between taping, I heard Alexei warning Loren not to touch him.

Based on what I've been reading, it seems because Anfisa was upfront about her intentions that makes her a Saint. The fact that she battered Jorge on several occasions seems to have been forgotten, because egad, Pao and Loren were mean girls that bullied her. Too bad Jorge didn't press charges.  I agree with his sister's assessment of her.  Virgin, my foot. 

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 10
On 8/30/2017 at 0:05 AM, Apollo said:

Wow - interesting.  Are the emails/messages online?  Where did you find out about this?

Most are no longer online or public (there was a war of Mo's mistresses back in 2015) but the women teamed up after they all recognized having been scammed by Mo.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Entertainment is one thing, but I for one consider it serious business who the US allows into the country and for what reasons.

I agree, but only if they pose an actual threat to anyone here.  Like no felons.  But why not let in some garbage people?  It's not like we don't already have our own.  Plus, it doesn't look like anyone on the show is trying to get on the welfare train or anything.  If I, and my tax dollars, are safe, let them come.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, NinaH said:

You're exactly right, Anfisa did put it out there for people to have an opinion on and never once lied.  That doesn't maybe make her admirable for her choices or intentions,  but my hat is off to her for being upfront about it. 

Unlike the spicy Latina (in her head), who has used her goods to manipulate her own husband, never willing to compromise, makes fun of him in her native language while talking to her parents, sat there while her hateful BFF dogged him out and did nothing, argued for a ridiculous move to Miami for a non-existent career, and basically acts like she's too good for him. 

And also unlike whiny baby Loren, who withheld a medical condition that imo isn't that huge of a deal, but it sure is to her, so she purposely held on to that info until she had him on the hook, then when he was finally told the truth about it being hereditary, had the gall to get upset that he had some concerns; had male strippers against his specific wishes at her bachelorette party, then let her BFF take the fall and allow Alexi to blame her for over a year.  I could go on but I think she's shown her true colors long before the reunion. 

She may be cold hearted and omg a gold digger, but you know what you're dealing with with Anfisa upfront. The two bullies lie and misrepresent themselves and then you have to listen to their whining when you find out what their game is. 

#teamanfisa by default 

While I'm with you in terms of Anfisa not lying, I could never go fully TeamAnfisa after the first time she smacked Jorge.  Honest never excuses physical violence by either gender towards either gender.  Even if I think Jorge is a bit of a masochist who enjoys being dominated. (as shown by his smirks whenever she hit him and the fact he kept intentionally doing things he knew would set her off)

• Love 4
On 8/28/2017 at 9:37 AM, Chippings said:

I wanted to mention one thing that Mohamed said that was sort of interesting and new to me --  He was asked why he got involved with Danielle to begin with, and he said he had been living away from his own country in another country (not specified where) for four years, and going every day from work to home, home to work, work to home &c - being very lonely.  And every day he could at least look forward to some pleasant conversation with an invisible person far away who expressed concern for him.  That was sort of sympathetic actually, and explained something about his state of mine at the time.

It sounded pretty convincing but wasn't true, unfortunately. As soon as Mo left Tunisia for Qatar (to hang out with his older brother, who lived there), he set up his first FB page targeting European women. It's still up (I'll give you the link). facebook.com/mohamed.jbeli.3192  Unfortunately for him, European women are a lot more sophisticated about "Tunisian love rats" and he didn't get any takers. It was early days and he'd made the mistake of including photos of his dwelling place (pretty dismal). So he changed the spelling of his name (that'll work!) and started targeting more gullible women from North America. If he'd just been seeking a cure for loneliness, he wouldn't have kept up with all his other dating sites. He also started showing himself in suit and tie, suggesting that he was a highly educated professional rather than a lowly warehouse worker.  Now he's a proficient (and highly successful) con artist....one of the best I've seen. Watch him again as he tries to convince the host of his bona fides (after Danielle left in tears): all the tricks are there. His physical posture changes, he fixes her with a steady "sincere" gaze, leans in close. It's classic!

• Love 5
12 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

IMO he owes her half of what she had to pay to bring him here. Just my opinion

Agree.  For the record, not a Mo fan AT ALL.  Mo, pay her the $$$ and cut the last tie. She's going to stalk you anyway, but at least you'd have something for the cops to work with.

• Love 7

Jorge's LEGAL business is those light-proof bags to hold the marijuana, not his grow or marijuana sales. I'm sure the money all funnels through the legit business. Like rolling papers and pipes, the fact that it can be used for marijuana doesn't make it illegal, and he could get a bank account for that business.

There was a poster here who was an immigration attorney. I haven't kept up with this show because it was too mind-numbingly boring so I don't know if she is still around, but she told us that she came across Dani years ago when she was trying to get a co-sponsor to bring Mo over. When he got fired in Qatar and had to move back to Tunisia, they had to start the process all over. Danielle was being told by everyone in her family and on the Visa website that Mo wasn't legit and she was being scammed. There were even screenshots posted to Twitter back during their first season of Mo's dating profiles trying to get to Canada, while Danielle was petitioning for his Visa. She ignored everything because she thought that once he got here he would be stuck with her until he got his conditions removed. I think she knew he thought it would be immediate and not two years and purposely withheld the information.

If she actually lived in a McMansion and could afford to buy him nice cars, nice electronics, nice clothes while never getting her utilities shut off for non-payment, he may have tried to stick around a bit longer. But instead, she expected him to have sex with her after they married, lost her job, had the heat turned off in the middle of winter, and he ran to hide at her friend's house, the one who had married a Muslim man herself and was still trying to get him to come over. He then tried to convince her to transport him to Canada, but since he didn't have the necessary paperwork to enter the country, she wouldn't, and she refused to sneak him across the border in her trunk. 

The immigration attorney also told us that as soon as Danielle told Immigration that the marriage was real it was game over for her as far as the annulment went, and that appears to be true. Personally, I think that he should be deported for immigration fraud. He never intended to stay married Danielle longer than it took to get his Green Card, which he thought was immediate. Since Danielle lied to immigration too, I'd also like to see her punished somehow. Even though she thought the marriage would last (because she didn't realize he was going to find women online to help him escape), she lied to Immigration initially, getting him his first Green Card, and since this isn't her first foray into the foreign spouse arena, I'd like to see that option taken from her.

After the shooting in California, when the man's family was being interviewed it was discovered that his brother had married a woman who was living with another man, and he was charged with Immigration Fraud crimes. That is what I would like to see happen to Mo. I don't have a problem with him deciding that he couldn't live with a woman who would throw herself in front of doors to keep him from leaving, but at the same time, he picked her. Her full crazy was probably hidden, but he picked her because he expected to be able to manipulate her. 

• Love 11
49 minutes ago, Kangatush said:

While I'm with you in terms of Anfisa not lying, I could never go fully TeamAnfisa after the first time she smacked Jorge.  Honest never excuses physical violence by either gender towards either gender.  Even if I think Jorge is a bit of a masochist who enjoys being dominated. (as shown by his smirks whenever she hit him and the fact he kept intentionally doing things he knew would set her off)

No, I'm not down with her hitting. If that's something Jorge likes in the bedroom, well that's their business and I won't judge what two consenting adults do behind closed doors. But slapping him because he's made her mad for some reason isn't ok at all.  

• Love 8
5 hours ago, brillia79 said:

But it is true in the United States. It was also true throughout much of Europe. Love was not the first consideration, if even a consideration at all. Family money, empire strengthening, ability to birth a male heir who would survive childhood... all valid marriage reasons throughout history.

A marriage of practicality doesnt describe Jorge and Anfisa's marriage at all. That would mean that both sides would benefit. Jorge obviously didnt realize that he was gaining nothing from Anfisa {{because looks fade}}

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Matias130 said:

A marriage of practicality doesnt describe Jorge and Anfisa's marriage at all. That would mean that both sides would benefit. Jorge obviously didnt realize that he was gaining nothing from Anfisa {{because looks fade}}

He was getting her looks and that is all he wanted. That, and not being an American feminazi.

The one who immediately failed to deliver in terms of benefit was Jorge.

Fucker can't even pass a credit check for an apartment.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Anybody know how this works, ie. How the Mo/Danni - TeeVee relationship started. Did Mo/Danni find TeeVee or did  

TeeVee find them? Props to TeeVee for finding their "stars"!  Curious how the hunt goes down.

I don't think it is unusual for a wife to expect sex from her husband. Mohammed obviously had sex once with Danielle so the marriage could not be annulled. 

Anfisa traded her body for sex. Where I live, that's called prostitution. Lourdes was correct in her assessment of Anfisa. 

I'm not suggesting either Danielle or Jorge is a prize, just that their spouses did not come to their marriages with clean hands. 

Edited by Real Eyes
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Christina said:

Jorge's LEGAL business is those light-proof bags to hold the marijuana, not his grow or marijuana sales. I'm sure the money all funnels through the legit business. Like rolling papers and pipes, the fact that it can be used for marijuana doesn't make it illegal, and he could get a bank account for that business.

There was a poster here who was an immigration attorney. I haven't kept up with this show because it was too mind-numbingly boring so I don't know if she is still around, but she told us that she came across Dani years ago when she was trying to get a co-sponsor to bring Mo over. When he got fired in Qatar and had to move back to Tunisia, they had to start the process all over. Danielle was being told by everyone in her family and on the Visa website that Mo wasn't legit and she was being scammed. There were even screenshots posted to Twitter back during their first season of Mo's dating profiles trying to get to Canada, while Danielle was petitioning for his Visa. She ignored everything because she thought that once he got here he would be stuck with her until he got his conditions removed. I think she knew he thought it would be immediate and not two years and purposely withheld the information.

If she actually lived in a McMansion and could afford to buy him nice cars, nice electronics, nice clothes while never getting her utilities shut off for non-payment, he may have tried to stick around a bit longer. But instead, she expected him to have sex with her after they married, lost her job, had the heat turned off in the middle of winter, and he ran to hide at her friend's house, the one who had married a Muslim man herself and was still trying to get him to come over. He then tried to convince her to transport him to Canada, but since he didn't have the necessary paperwork to enter the country, she wouldn't, and she refused to sneak him across the border in her trunk. 

The immigration attorney also told us that as soon as Danielle told Immigration that the marriage was real it was game over for her as far as the annulment went, and that appears to be true. Personally, I think that he should be deported for immigration fraud. He never intended to stay married Danielle longer than it took to get his Green Card, which he thought was immediate. Since Danielle lied to immigration too, I'd also like to see her punished somehow. Even though she thought the marriage would last (because she didn't realize he was going to find women online to help him escape), she lied to Immigration initially, getting him his first Green Card, and since this isn't her first foray into the foreign spouse arena, I'd like to see that option taken from her.

After the shooting in California, when the man's family was being interviewed it was discovered that his brother had married a woman who was living with another man, and he was charged with Immigration Fraud crimes. That is what I would like to see happen to Mo. I don't have a problem with him deciding that he couldn't live with a woman who would throw herself in front of doors to keep him from leaving, but at the same time, he picked her. Her full crazy was probably hidden, but he picked her because he expected to be able to manipulate her. 

Same Here! 

• Love 4

Ive only watched a handful of episodes but my husband watches regularly so I pick up bits... was Loren and Alexei's K1 denied because she didnt have a job? She kept going on and on about it not being fair they were denied but it seems like she doesn't do anything. You have to have as steady income to bring someone over on a K1.

I sponsored my husband waaay back when we were both 22 and I had to be at a certain income level. It may have changed in the last 15 years but I was able to sponsor all on my lonesome and I was probably only making  like 30k back then and exceeded the minimum needed.

(Our K1 was easy, he was Canadian, we were the same age and came from similar backgrounds, it took like 2 months and he was approved in Nov. 2001 so immediately after 9/11.)

10 hours ago, Sprockets said:

It's been mentioned several times on the show tht he has been working construction.   

He never, ever worked in construction.

4 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

So Mo has family in Canada ? Interesting that they didn't show for his wedding to Dani

His brother is not in Canada legally, he cannot cross the US border.

5 hours ago, Sprockets said:

Interesting.  Still, just having to deal with Danielle is something you couldn't pay me enough to do.  

He didn't have to marry her and he could have left any time, including before getting the green card.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, Cini said:

And even that seems to vary. I came on an investment visa, a few years later got married and getting the green card was a breeze. The "Interview" took all of one minute and the immigration officer didn't question any of our documents. Another 14 years later, I finally applied for citizenship (because by then I could keep my German citizenship as well) and that was even easier. 

For us as well. It literally took us longer to park the car and walk inside the building than our interview took.

• Love 2