Type keyword(s) to search

Chantel & Pedro: FatherChantel Knows Best

• Start Topic

(edited)

Not to sound trite, but did Nicole really tell Chantel her hair was ugly? (I confess I laughed at that scene when Chantel told the camera crew that because it seemed so irrelevant). I am not a Chantel fan, not a Pedro fan either, but I will at least admit that Chantel has beautiful hair. She is actually very pretty, IMO, but the drama that both she and Pedro (or should I say Production) keep drumming up is getting staler than month old bread. 

Edited by Hannah94
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

Not to sound trite, but did Nicole really tell Chantel her hair was ugly? (I confess I laughed at that scene when Chantel told the camera crew that because it seemed so irrelevant). I am not a Chantel fan, not a Pedro fan either, but I will at least admit that Chantel has beautiful hair. She is actually very pretty, IMO, but the drama that both she and Pedro (or should I say Production) keep drumming up is getting staler than month old bread. 

If you have the right hairdresser and are prepared to spend enough on quality bundles, you too can have beautiful hair. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Christina said:

"You think you've cleaned up the 90 Day Fiance forums? Take this!! Bwhahahaha." - Sincerely, The Spirits of 90 Day Fiance.

giphy.gif

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

Chantel herself said she did. And that shows how ridiculous Chantel is. She’s supposedly there because she’s concerned about her marriage and yet she is still hung up on an insult about her hair, and commenting on Nicole’s “ugly ass outfit”. 

• Love 7
(edited)

This was probably the example CeAir was shown all her life- her mother (and or father) get into petty arguments, can't let things go, never learned to forgive and forget, hold on to toxic behaviors, blame others, speculate wild accusations against people they dislike, are quick to get physical or threaten to, etc...... So now she doesn't know how to adult or be a productive adult b/c her parents didn't teach or show her these things.  All her relationships will go south b/c she doesn't seem at all interested in growing up or being proactive in nurturing a positive relationship.  I honestly believe that if she let it go and changed how she reacted to her in-laws she could have Lydia and Nicole eating out of the palm of her hand and Pedro would be so endeared to her.  but she's not interested and is only interested in being right and being the victim over some dumb 5 year old comment and defending her crazy family and their juvenile behavior.  Her loyalty will be forever to them and how she was raised.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, iwasish said:

And that shows how ridiculous Chantel is. She’s supposedly there because she’s concerned about her marriage and yet she is still hung up on an insult about her hair, and commenting on Nicole’s “ugly ass outfit”. 

Chantel and Nicole could be going to a nunnery but if they thought they were going to run in to each other (and have even the slightest opportunity to one-up the other) they would both be pulling out the "sexiest" thing they could find.  Nicole ONLY wore that outfit to bother Chantel, and it worked.  Point Nicole.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Chantel and Nicole could be going to a nunnery . . . 

I've heard this before, but found confirmation online:

"Get thee to a nunnery" is a play on words. Although a nunnery is a place for pure women who give themselves body and souls to God, a nunnery also means a whore house. Nunnery has a double meaning."

Their wardrobes would qualify them for at least one of these definitions of a nunnery.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, Hannah94 said:

This makes me wonder....why do some of the couples participate in this humiliating show? I can understand Nicole and Azan because it's likely their bread and butter, but most of the others seem to be more financially stable. What exactly is the incentive to embarrass yourself to the entire world if you don't need the money provided to you by production?

It's been rumored Chantel's family has long been angling for a reality show, first based around their cheer coaching business and now this.  And they're getting it.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Lemur said:

It's been rumored Chantel's family has long been angling for a reality show, first based around their cheer coaching business and now this.  And they're getting it.  

Holy shit show. What a fabulous and glorious dumpster fire this is! I feel much better snarking on them now. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

@Hannah94 -- I've wondered the same about some of the participants.  Like mark and nikki.  He was financially stable and creepy.  He had to have known he was going to come off looking like an old, weird creepy dude on national TV and he didn't need the money and even worse he had his own business that would rely on people not hating him.

I don't know why he agreed to the show and it didn't surprise me that he never wanted anything to do with the 90 DF franchise after his season.

• Love 2

It only adds to my thoughts that they have totally made up stuff for drama, used CeAir's marriage to get on this show, and were outrageous and stupid so they could get their own show.  I hope it tanks and they lose their cheer business and River has to get a job instead of be a famous rapper.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, RealReality said:

@Hannah94 -- I've wondered the same about some of the participants.  Like mark and nikki.  He was financially stable and creepy.  He had to have known he was going to come off looking like an old, weird creepy dude on national TV and he didn't need the money and even worse he had his own business that would rely on people not hating him.

I don't know why he agreed to the show and it didn't surprise me that he never wanted anything to do with the 90 DF franchise after his season.

Oh, that's easy.  He wanted to show off the young, hot wife he'd bought.  He considers himself an inspiration to other men like himself, you know, creepy AF and looking to buy a doppelganger of the woman who busted his heart. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lemur said:

Oh, that's easy.  He wanted to show off the young, hot wife he'd bought.  He considers himself an inspiration to other men like himself, you know, creepy AF and looking to buy a doppelganger of the woman who busted his heart. 

He probably is an inspiration to them. Gross.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Lemur said:

I wonder whether Mama and Daddy pimped out Winter or River for 90-Day Fiance, but TLC already had their quota of unattractive participants for the season, so they went with Chantal.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

The other never mentioned brother has a wife through the K-1 process and they have a kid together.  You know somethin started brewin in mami Chantel's head that if they could get one of the other kids to import a spouse AND be on a tv show to exploit the process it would be easy street for them!!!!  So instead of them accusing Pedro of seeking out an American; they are probably themselves guilty of pushing Chantel to marry a foreigner so they can harvest some dollars and international food.  EVERYTHING they accuse Pedro's family of; the family Chantel is probably just as guilty for real.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
16 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I wonder whether Mama and Daddy pimped out Winter or River for 90-Day Fiance, but TLC already had their quota of unattractive participants for the season, so they went with Chantal.

That would explain why the whole "He's here on a student visa no wait I lied!" story played so false.

I don't know if you can fake the sheer acrimony between the families though.  

Edited by Lemur
Ugh.
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

It's kinda sad that mama Chantal would subject winter and river to the obvious ridicule they would get being on a reality show.  River particularly is such an annoying punk ass bitch....and that may be an insult to female dogs who are generally cool.  Mama Chantal knows river is a little shit, the type of kid only a family (or a desperate woman overseas) could love.  She knew that fool was going to show his ass on national TV.

• Love 6
On 6/21/2019 at 4:59 PM, RealReality said:

It's kinda sad that mama Chantal would subject winter and river to the obvious ridicule they would get being on a reality show.  ...

Sad, if true, but reality gold when Annie said it looked like Winter was being eaten by a snake.   

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)

Chantal, in the talking head in "Nowhere to Run:"  "So I came to the Dominican Republic and....I think it may have been a bad idea."  YA THINK???

Pedro:  I came here to be with my family.  You came here to stir things up.  Chantal:  No, I did not.  YES YOU DID!

As vile as the sister is (they are all, actually) I felt kinda bad for her, sitting in Family Chantal's house for dinner and the mom takes aim:  "Chantal tell us...." then proceeds to tell a laundry list of shit that Chantal said about her and others.  Then Pedro would not back up Chantal in the story!!!  LOVED IT.  I would have thought, "Geez they invite me into their home to humiliate me?  Really?"  I would have left.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Chantal, in the talking head in "Nowhere to Run:"  "So I came to the Dominican Republic and....I think it may have been a bad idea."  YA THINK???

Pedro:  I came here to be with my family.  You came here to stir things up.  Chantal:  No, I did not.  YES YOU DID!

As vile as the sister is (they are all, actually) I felt kinda bad for her, sitting in Family Chantal's house for dinner and the mom takes aim:  "Chantal tell us...." then proceeds to tell a laundry list of shit that Chantal said about her and others.  Then Pedro wold not back up Chantal in the story!!!  LOVED IT.  I would have thought, "Geez they invite me into their home to humiliate me?  Really?"  I would have left.

But don’t forget!! Nicole said Chantel has ugly hair.  Them’s fighting words!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Okay Chantal, pull up a chair as we are going to have a continuation of the conversation I had with you earlier.  You are in DR after your hubby asked you you stay home, not to come.  Remember?  Good, now stay with me.  Your families are all up in each other's business and you all overshare and this causes troubles.  So, in the DR, what do you do?  Video chat your parents and complain about Pedro and his family!  HOW WILL THAT HELP?  Then your parents offer to fly to the DR.  Ya still with me?  Good, cause this is where it gets good:  How would you feel if your parents flew down AFTER you said to stay home and got in all your business?  Irked?  That is how Pedro felt, girl!  Chantal, you all have some choices here, and putting your boobs back in is the first order of business.  Secondly, you can scrap it all and get a divorce and learn some valuable life lessons about what it means to be married and what healthy boundaries are.  You can ALL go into counseling and try to sort it out with a reputable therapist cause girl, you need help.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Okay Chantal, pull up a chair as we are going to have a continuation of the conversation I had with you earlier.  You are in DR after your hubby asked you you stay home, not to come.  Remember?  Good, now stay with me.  Your families are all up in each other's business and you all overshare and this causes troubles.  So, in the DR, what do you do?  Video chat your parents and complain about Pedro and his family!  HOW WILL THAT HELP?  Then your parents offer to fly to the DR.  Ya still with me?  Good, cause this is where it gets good:  How would you feel if your parents flew down AFTER you said to stay home and got in all your business?  Irked?  That is how Pedro felt, girl!  Chantal, you all have some choices here, and putting your boobs back in is the first order of business.  Secondly, you can scrap it all and get a divorce and learn some valuable life lessons about what it means to be married and what healthy boundaries are.  You can ALL go into counseling and try to sort it out with a reputable therapist cause girl, you need help.

Yes,  please, enough with the tits. It’s getting to where they need their own storyline.

If I were Pedro, hearing her little talking head saying that I turned into a little bitch around my family, that would be the clincher. Marriage over, go live with Mama  Chantel, who noted that family Pedro was looking for a stupid American to marry him and found Chantel fit the bill to a T. 

• Love 4
On 6/21/2019 at 11:06 AM, RealReality said:

In all fairness, Seasons 1 and 2 were already taped, and Season 3 was in the process of filming before the show premiered.  At the time, this was “The Learning Channel” so naturally the couples assumed they were making a documentary. When they saw the finish version they were shocked and most complained about the editing. Which is why the majority of the earlier couples do not want anything to do with the show. 

• Love 4

What normal parents offer to fly to another country where their almost 30 adult child is fine and safe, but just complaining about their spouse that they are already having the same damn problem with over and over?  They should have told her to come home ASAP and stop wasting time and energy on the same crap, either find a solution or get out.  But this is family Chantel we are talking about; they make up a new outlandish lie to hate on Pedro for every occasion and have a grown up child that seriously thinks he'll be a rapper b/c of their overindulged involvment.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

What normal parents offer to fly to another country where their almost 30 adult child is fine and safe, but just complaining about their spouse that they are already having the same damn problem with over and over?  They should have told her to come home ASAP and stop wasting time and energy on the same crap, either find a solution or get out.  But this is family Chantel we are talking about; they make up a new outlandish lie to hate on Pedro for every occasion and have a grown up child that seriously thinks he'll be a rapper b/c of their overindulged involvment.

This has to be a pre-planned storyline? Correct?

I can't believe this is real. I want it to be scripted...Family Chantal is feeling out how people react to the entire family being on the show and having their own little adventures. Why else would they fly to the DR? Why else would they be this involved in Chantal and Pedro's life? 

If this is not pre-planned then we are watching two adults over involve their families' in their relationship and slowly implode their marriage. Only staying together for a TV show. 

• Love 3
Just now, watchingtvaddict said:

Why else would they fly to the DR?

MotherChantel has a new collection of tiny beachwear hats that need to be seen by the world.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Does anyone else remember back in the first season when Chantel went to her family's minister to discuss wanting to marry Pedro? I thought at the time the minister said something about having a part in introducing them to each other to improve their language skills. Am I dreaming? 

• Love 1

Back in school, I remember my Mother telling me that a girl was nasty to me "because she was jealous" or a boy tormented me "because he likes you." Even then I knew it was bullshit, they were just MEAN bullies. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, magemaud said:

Does anyone else remember back in the first season when Chantel went to her family's minister to discuss wanting to marry Pedro? I thought at the time the minister said something about having a part in introducing them to each other to improve their language skills. Am I dreaming? 

This is all turning into a fantastic mystery.  

Chantal posted an ad for "Family Chantal" on instagram. It looks like it will feature both families and Winter's boyfriend who apparently has a secret. Pedro also goes to the immigration lawyer to figure out how to move his mother and sister to the States. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, watchingtvaddict said:

Pedro also goes to the immigration lawyer to figure out how to move his mother and sister to the States. 

We can only hope he brings them over and Pedro’s and Chantel’s families spend a weekend together in a secluded cabin in the woods.  That would make good TV.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

We can only hope he brings them over and Pedro’s and Chantel’s families spend a weekend together in a secluded cabin in the woods.  That would make good TV.  

Yep - a 2-hour Dateline special.  Paging Keith Morrison!!!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Wouldn't that be "TinyHats, Mr. Sparky" . . . ????

I couldn't come up with a funny comparison with a taser, so I went with my instinct that Mother Chantal would probably cut someone if given the chance.  😁

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

I couldn't come up with a funny comparison with a taser, so I went with my instinct that Mother Chantal would probably cut someone if given the chance.  😁

As long as all her costume jewelry is off.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, magemaud said:

From the preview for The Family Chantel. Do you think Nicole will tell River his hair is ugly? 

319F681D-5A61-45F2-A410-D96BCEF8FC62.jpeg

If she won’t, I’ll be happy to. And the eyebrows too, they gotta go.

• Love 5
On 6/25/2019 at 7:04 AM, watchingtvaddict said:

Chantal posted an ad for "Family Chantal" on instagram. It looks like it will feature both families and Winter's boyfriend who apparently has a secret. 

I’m going to guess that Winter’s boyfriend’s secret is that he’s REALLY River’s boyfriend. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, iwasish said:

If she won’t, I’ll be happy to. And the eyebrows too, they gotta go.

Let's not limit to the hair and eyebrows.  Let's include the rest of his face as well.

And his insides, too.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 6/30/2019 at 7:39 PM, magemaud said:

From the preview for The Family Chantel. Do you think Nicole will tell River his hair is ugly? 

319F681D-5A61-45F2-A410-D96BCEF8FC62.jpeg

I thought that was Froggy from the original Little Rascals.  

Yeah.   I’m aging myself.  

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

I thought that was Froggy from the original Little Rascals.  

Yeah.   I’m aging myself.  

I think you might mean Farina? Froggy was a little blonde haired kid with a very deep voice. (I'm old, too)