Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: The In-Laws

• Start Topic

I'm very sure I started a thread for this episode. No idea who would have deleted it or why?

In just one week, three couples have married as strangers, honeymooned in paradise, and moved in together, and now that they're settling in, it's the perfect time for the couples to spend time with their in-laws.

3 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Ashley's sister is a big thumbs down.  What a killjoy.

Why didn't Shelia's sister come to the wedding?

Something about they could only have a certain number of people on the guest list so the sisters boyfriend couldn't come so the sister refused to come to the wedding. 

(edited)

So I only have a fart to look forward to in this episode

Since it was Danielle cutting the cheese...thinking no sex happening down there...unless that's what gets the Codester in the mood

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 6

I'm very behind on this ep, but I do the same thing Sheila does re: sleeping on which side of the bed. I call it the "outside," but to me my side = side closest to the door, so it varies depending on where the door is.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Something about they could only have a certain number of people on the guest list so the sisters boyfriend couldn't come so the sister refused to come to the wedding. 

Which IMO is selfish on the sister's part if this was the reason she didn't come. It also might have been better if she hadn't if she isn't going to understand the day was about Sheila and Nate...not her and the boyfriend. 

• Love 18

Cody and Danielle need to stop talking and talking about having sex and just do it already! Even his brother and the bridesmaid are having sex! I love dogs but Danielle's dogs really need to be trained. 

If Ashley and Anthony stay married she might want to re-think taking his last name. My friend kept her name when she got married, changed her mind after she had kids thinking everyone should have the same last name. It was a lot of paper work and a pain in the ass, she regretted not doing it right away. 

I had to agree with Nate, their wedding was not about the sister and her boyfriend, it was about him and Shelia. I'm on Shelia's side about sleeping on a certain side of the bed too. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

Which IMO is selfish on the sister's part if this was the reason she didn't come. It also might have been better if she hadn't if she isn't going to understand the day was about Sheila and Nate...not her and the boyfriend. 

Well, it was interesting to see that there was shit stirring in tonight's families and not only in my own.

So Ashley doesn't want to take her husband's name.  Wow .. That looked scripted.

Danielle & Cody growing further apart.  One of them better take the bull by the horns.  Too much talk .. Not enough action.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Cody and Danielle need to stop talking and talking about having sex and just do it already! Even his brother and the bridesmaid are having sex! I love dogs but Danielle's dogs really need to be trained. 

If Ashley and Anthony stay married she might want to re-think taking his last name. My friend kept her name when she got married, changed her mind after she had kids thinking everyone should have the same last name. It was a lot of paper work and a pain in the ass, she regretted not doing it right away. 

I had to agree with Nate, their wedding was not about the sister and her boyfriend, it was about him and Shelia. I'm on Shelia's side about sleeping on a certain side of the bed too. 

I'm another that needs to be on a certain side of the bed. When we moved a few months ago I realized I wasn't comfortable sleeping on the one side and why. Our bed was facing a different way but we ended up flip flopped on where we are. Husband doesn't care one way or the other and offered to change sides but I figured I would just get used to it since our stuff was already on each side of the bed. 

As for the last name. I never took my husband's. Long story (sort of) on it but his last name is not the one on his birth certificate and doesn't mean a thing to him so I wasn't going to change it if it meant nothing to him. Plus I had my oldest son who had my last name already. So when we had our own kids we gave them my last name to match with the oldest as well. It was husband's idea too. We had a few in his family question it too. Which not their business of course so didn't care what they had to say on it. We agreed it was best this way. I know there are plenty of women that didn't change their's and the kids had dad's last name. In this situation, I would think it would be best for Ashley to hold off on changing her last name until they were married for a while at the very least....or the second she finds out she is pregnant. LOL 

3 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Well, it was interesting to see that there was shit stirring in tonight's families and not only in my own.

So Ashley doesn't want to take her husband's name.  Wow .. That looked scripted.

Danielle & Cody growing further apart.  One of them better take the bull by the horns.  Too much talk .. Not enough action.

LMAO sorry Gem 10. I don't get to watch until later of course but wouldn't surprise me if it was scripted considering. 

• Love 4

I am really enjoying this season. Finally there are couples willing to work on their marriages. Now if Cody would jump Danielle's bones they all would be couples who are going to make it.

• Love 3
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

I know there are plenty of women that didn't change their's and the kids had dad's last name. In this situation, I would think it would be best for Ashley to hold off on changing her last name until they were married for a while at the very least....or the second she finds out she is pregnant. LOL 

It was mentioned that Ashley came from a progressive background so it might be the norm for women in her family not to take their husband's last names.

I come from an ethnic background where women retain their maiden names but the children from the marriage take their fathers' names. My mother has never minded that we have a different last name than her and I've never cared either. I was surprised to learn that 80% of American women take their spouse's name but I know I would keep my last name out of respect for my ethnic background.

Edited by Gobears
  • Love 1

Ashley doesn't seem to like when her sperm donor has an opinion.  Something may be brewing with her. 

Credit to Nate and Sheila for trying harder.  Felt badly about the wedding guilt trip dumped on her. 

• Love 12

It seems that at this stage in the season they always make it look like there's a chance everyone is going to make it. I wish Cody would fall for Danielle.  I just don't see him having any interest at all.  I hope the other 2 make it. I also hope nate is as genuine as he appears. Trey seemed genuine too...so.....

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Gobears said:

It was mentioned that Ashley came from a progressive background so it might be the norm for women in her family not to take their husband's last names.

I come from an ethnic background where women retain their maiden names but the children from the marriage take their fathers' names. My mother has never minded that we have a different last name than her and I've never cared either. I was surprised to learn that 80% of American women take their spouse's name but I know I would keep my last name out of respect for my ethnic background.

True. I know my friend took her husband's last name when they got married. Heck my MIL took her daughter's dad's last name before they got married and they never even got married or lasted long....part of why my husband's last name is screwed up too. Heck I have joked with my husband over the years at times he should just change his name to mine. Which would really throw some into a tizzy if he did. LOL I think some though make to big of a deal over it all. Only thing that matters is those that are involved in the couple and how they feel about it. 

Just now, Zanne505 said:

It seems that at this stage in the season they always make it look like there's a chance everyone is going to make it. I wish Cody would fall for Danielle.  I just don't see him having any interest at all.  I hope the other 2 make it. I also hope nate is as genuine as he appears. Trey seemed genuine too...so.....

I am side eyeing Nate still. I don't buy the act he has going. To many times there are these glances he has given during their "talks" that says we weren't shown everything that went on and from what we saw before they got married as well makes me question him still. I almost feel some of what he says/does is more for tv and because he knows how he may look depending on the edit....which would be why he said off camera he didn't want to be married to her anymore and not on camera, kwim? Shall see though we still have a bit to go now. 

• Love 2
(edited)

This is hysterical!  The experts are talking about newlywed issues.  These are not really newlyweds that would be facing typical problems.  

The parents are taking this so seriously, too.  For heavens sake the odds of them divorcing in a few weeks is very high, just short of a sure bet. 

It is way to early for any of the women to go through the hassle of changing their names.  That is a tiring process that involves bank accounts, bills and credit cards.  That was clearly a staged conversation.  Talking about kids is way too early, too and I don't think Ashley was pushed to bring that up.  

I think Danielle is a good girl and a rule follower.  She does not want to stay with Cody but is playing the game.  The money is good so might as well (says to herself).  Women are usually the ones who want to process and talk things to death.   It can drive a man nuts.  Roles are reversed on this couple!  You cannot talk yourself into a 'spark' (Cody's favorite word).  That comes when you let go and have fun, not talking endlessly about how to go about creating it.  Oy.  That boy needs a shot of testosterone (seriously).  There is zero chance for them. 

Matt and Sheila are a curious pair.  Nate is playing a role.  He is the loving man who treats his wife like a queen.  He thinks that is the right way to go without any feelings behind it.  

Ashley and Anthony may have a shot at their marriage lasting beyond the finale for a spell.  I still don't understand how a beautiful girl cannot find love.  She is a knock out.  Too eager to get married and have babies is the only guess, she may be turning men off.  When that is on top and your priority is not finding the man that makes your heart sing, you are doomed.  She probably attaches too fast.  

I am old and in my experience I have NEVER known of or heard of a normal man who would not jump his his wife bones.  He has a free and clear okay to do that!  There is something amiss there as we have been saying.  I keep coming back to virgin.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, wings707 said:

Nate is playing a role.  He is the loving man who treats his wife like a queen.  He thinks that is the right way to go without any feelings behind it.  

Ashley and Anthony may have a shot at their marriage lasting beyond the finale for a spell.  I still don't understand how a beautiful girl cannot find love.  She is a knock out.  Too eager to get married and have babies is the only guess I have that may be turning men off.  When that is on top and your priority is not finding the man that makes your heart sing, you are doomed.  She probably attaches too fast.  

That is what I get from Nate too. 

And Ashley was the one in the long relationship with a guy that didn't want kids. I think she felt let down after wasting so much time on a man that wouldn't want kids. I don't know if she is one that falls to fast or not or anything else. I can't assume it on her looks and because the show edits her to be baby feverish either. Which because of looks it could be she would end up in a relationship with the wrong guy and they didn't click beyond the looks. Who knows though. 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

True. I know my friend took her husband's last name when they got married. Heck my MIL took her daughter's dad's last name before they got married and they never even got married or lasted long....part of why my husband's last name is screwed up too. Heck I have joked with my husband over the years at times he should just change his name to mine. Which would really throw some into a tizzy if he did. LOL I think some though make to big of a deal over it all. Only thing that matters is those that are involved in the couple and how they feel about it. 

I am side eyeing Nate still. I don't buy the act he has going. To many times there are these glances he has given during their "talks" that says we weren't shown everything that went on and from what we saw before they got married as well makes me question him still. I almost feel some of what he says/does is more for tv and because he knows how he may look depending on the edit....which would be why he said off camera he didn't want to be married to her anymore and not on camera, kwim? Shall see though we still have a bit to go now. 

What bothers me with these shows lately is we don't know what is true or false anymore.  I think there's trickery going on for suspense and to keep us guessing.  Who to believe?

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

What bothers me with these shows lately is we don't know what is true or false anymore.  I think there's trickery going on for suspense and to keep us guessing.  Who to believe?

I couldn't agree more. The producers and really bad editors try to spin it how they all want but yet when there are certain looks or things said or not done and we don't see these things it leaves that feeling of what are we missing here. I noticed it with Nate on the honeymoon when she Sheila had a freak out and walked away. Nate how a not nice look on his face and like he had been saying stuff before she said she got up. Yet we saw it as she was the problem and freaking over nothing much. To me his face was giving a different story. I don't always catch that stuff because there are moments I am doing other stuff and just listening. 

• Love 6

About the name change discussion between Ashley and Anthony...all my friends make their maiden name their middle name and use their husband's last name.  I guess it's so common in my world I was surprised it's not what they did.

Glad to see Nate and Sheila working better.  Haha, she got the side of the bed she wanted! Also, I think Tyrique is hilarious!  I was worried at first because he didn't say much but he's got a great sense of humor.  Nate is doing great defending his marriage and keeping the families in line by setting boundaries.  He's letting them know that nobody's gonna mess with his marriage.  That's not an easy thing to do so kudos to him.  It's kinda sexy too!

Danielle and Cody...*sigh*  Her unyielding rigid ideas about what a man should be might be her downfall.  And her desire for constant challenges would tire me out.  Good for Cody working with the dogs.  Too bad he's so young.  He'll be a catch once he gets more life experience.  I hope they end on a good note because they both seem like nice people.

I really like this season more than others.  It's still got the crappy editing but at least the drama is on a bearable level.

• Love 7

Dr.Pepper....you are prescribing MORE friggin' talking for Cody and Danielle....arrrggghhhhh

Let's just acknowledge the elephant in the room...Cody and Danielle are JUST Friends.

Awkward friends each waiting for the other to blurt out the truth that there is NO SPARK...there I said it....

No Spark, not gonna be a spark, their townhouse is a spark free zone...

• Love 11

Ok the name change, I agree that it was probably producer driven. That was just silly. 

The fake wake ups are terrible too. No one does it well either so we know its not real. Especially if their hair and face are all done up. LOL 

OMG Cody needs to tell her the dogs need to be trained or do it if he can. She probably never will do it. Doesn't seem like she even cares and makes excuses for it. Boy does Danielle's friend like a lot older than Danielle. Cody's brother is younger than he is...so assuming she is just having some fun with the young guy and it won't last long either. Danielle said she wasn't feeling it with Cody either in that way...so might as well both admit to not being attracted in that jump in the sack kind of way and just have fun like friends the rest of the way if nothing changes anytime soon.

I honestly can NOT stand pepper...she is terrible and such a joke as an "expert". 

While I don't care for Nate and question him a lot, him trying to put that fire out her dad had going was needed. That dad saying EVERYTHING is always about the family is wrong and needs to get a clue himself. He is selfish and so is the sister. Instead of whatever day being about the person(s) they rather make it about themselves. I say she is 100 times better off that sister did not come at all. More so without the boyfriend because she would have just created drama over it there. If I have an option of picking good friends I have known longer than the sister's boyfriend I am picking those friends. 

Lauren needs to back off with the living in her building and all. My husband said she would be like Barbara Jean in Reba with just barging in. I say Sheila's dad with all the "its ALL about family" is an even more over the top Marie from Everyone Loves Raymond. LOL 

• Love 4

Cody and Danielle are doomed. There was a window of time where they should have had sex. They missed it and the further it gets in the rear view mirror the deeper Cody will be in the friend zone. Pack it up; it's over. At least he won't have to deal with her ill behaved barking dogs. 

I have almost no opinion on Nate and Sheila other than that they won't last. Something is off. 

The only couple that stands a chance is Ashley and Anthony. I like them together and hope they make it.

• Love 6
(edited)

I almost think that as usual, this show had a choice and made the wrong one - they should have chosen Cody's brother over him for the show!  I'm happy for him, though, that because of the show he met someone!

I agree that the name change is a non-issue being made into an issue by the show.  I think what Ashley probably intends to do is hyphenate her name at least for now because she said she wasn't against taking his name, she just didn't want to lose hers.  If Anthony has a problem with that, there's something wrong with him.  I can't believe that any guy that young would be so hung up on his wife taking his last name because this isn't the 19th century after all, so yeah, I'm skeptical at this point as to that being a real issue.  But I did kind of wonder if he wasn't a little disappointed at finding out Ashley is half non-Italian.  Just the way he approached that by saying something like "Oh, so you're not ALL Italian, huh?" reminded me of when I was young having Italian American men act a little like it was a "thing" that I was half Italian and not all Italian - and even worse, finding out I was a PROTESTANT, no less, LOL.  I wonder how Anthony would take it if she told him something like that!

And here we all were thinking that Tyrique would be a 3rd wheel in Nate and Sheila's relationship and find out he's OK but it's Danielle's dogs that are a problem!  Tyrique is a cutie and what I would have called a "gentle giant" when I was young.  I think Sheila's relationship with him is cute too.

Agreed about Nate putting on an act of the dutiful husband at this point.  I want to give him the benefit of the doubt but it all seems too good to be true and I'm skeptical.  There has to come a time when he lets his hair down and shows his true self, which will likely hurt Sheila.

Why is it that Nate slurs his words so much that I have to put on the closed captioning to understand him?  One side effect of that is seeing the lyrics to the cheesy background music.  They are hysterical, LOL.  If anyone wants a good laugh, put on the CC - Some of them are really "out there"!!

Danielle, just a little girl-to-girl advice - If you want to develop sexual chemistry between you and your partner, try not to fart in bed.  It's an immediate cold shower!  I had to laugh - Danielle says she had been eating "pretty crappy lately" and then a minute later there's a Weight Watchers commercial - Or perhaps it's just my strange sense of humor!  When Cody told her friend he had a relationship for a year and a half something didn't feel quite honest about it.  I had suspicions that there was more to the story that he wasn't explaining.  I have a hard time believing he could have sustained a relationship that long and have consummated it.  I actually think Danielle is taking a very balanced, realistic attitude towards him.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

Ok the name change, I agree that it was probably producer driven. That was just silly. 

The fake wake ups are terrible too. No one does it well either so we know its not real. Especially if their hair and face are all done up. LOL 

OMG Cody needs to tell her the dogs need to be trained or do it if he can. She probably never will do it. Doesn't seem like she even cares and makes excuses for it. Boy does Danielle's friend like a lot older than Danielle. Cody's brother is younger than he is...so assuming she is just having some fun with the young guy and it won't last long either. Danielle said she wasn't feeling it with Cody either in that way...so might as well both admit to not being attracted in that jump in the sack kind of way and just have fun like friends the rest of the way if nothing changes anytime soon.

I honestly can NOT stand pepper...she is terrible and such a joke as an "expert". 

While I don't care for Nate and question him a lot, him trying to put that fire out her dad had going was needed. That dad saying EVERYTHING is always about the family is wrong and needs to get a clue himself. He is selfish and so is the sister. Instead of whatever day being about the person(s) they rather make it about themselves. I say she is 100 times better off that sister did not come at all. More so without the boyfriend because she would have just created drama over it there. If I have an option of picking good friends I have known longer than the sister's boyfriend I am picking those friends. 

Lauren needs to back off with the living in her building and all. My husband said she would be like Barbara Jean in Reba with just barging in. I say Sheila's dad with all the "its ALL about family" is an even more over the top Marie from Everyone Loves Raymond. LOL 

Yes, yes and yes.   My husband said "who's that "old lady"  with Codys brother?   Looks like Cody & Danielle are just biding time till the end.

• Love 4

Cougar Angie and Boy Toy Charlie...getting it on...rawrrr

Angie looks like Ginger Zee's...aunt...

Sample of thought balloons over the guests' heads at Danielle's and Cody's party ...

-Cody, stop being a Puss.

-Cody, what is your problem, son? Danielle is pretty enough....if I were 30 years younger...she'd be bent.....

-Shut those dogs up.

• Love 2

Danielle needs to do something about her dogs. Even Dr Pepper gave their yapping a side eye. Hire a trainer or go to an obedience school and "train" Danielle how to handle them. That's nice that Cody seems willing to pitch in with them but I'm sure it's a turn off. If she became a parent with him, would her parenting skills be that lax as well? 

I liked Nate for trying to find that fine line between being assertive and respectful to Shelia's Dad. He reminded her father that he was in their home. He also tried to modulate his voice whereas his FIL kept getting louder as his point was not being bowed to. They are trying to create their own family. What's the old saying? Girls go off to their husbands family? Poor Shelia. Her lack of respect sister (the one who refused to come to her wedding because she didn't get her own way about her boyfriend attending), her OTT Dad and her mouse of a mother who (don't think) said one word. She's better off as Nate's "Queen" and SIL of his brother who looks like he will be respectful of her. They were cute cleaning when she didn't feel well  

Ashley's sister may ruin whatever could have come about. Her "move in next to me" would be a disastrous decision. Run away!! I do think that she's baby hungry but no wonder he's getting cold feet already. I think he's been pretty respectful of the butting in so far but he looked like at some point (when he feels more comfortable with his standing) that he's going to 'man up' and shut that sister down. I think the sisters scare tactics are a means of control over Ashley. It makes her too timid to venture out. Surprised she made it this far in the process but her biological clock (seeing her sister has two kids) is stronger than her fear of sharks. 

• Love 4

How about waiting until the 6 weeks is up to find out if you are even going to continue to be married before discussing name changes? 

Ashley needs to grow up and her sister needs to shut up. 

Cody and Danielle are so boring together. They need to have an epic fight to keep me interested. It's not going to happen, they are just not fighters. Cody laying on the sofa with his face in his phone and deciding not to go out while Danielle goes out with her friend was weird, though. 

• Love 3

Honeymoon Ashley has exited stage left...now we will see Chi-town Petta....

Sweet talking replaced with tough talking...

Ashley's parents never married.

Anthony...listen to Ashley's dad about running away...he's not kidding...or is he?

Does Ashley have her mother's last name?

Probably not. Who cares?...not the viewers...

Anthony and Pat (Lauren's husband) got the bro-in-law greeting going on....

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

How about waiting until the 6 weeks is up to find out if you are even going to continue to be married before discussing name changes? 

Ashley needs to grow up and her sister needs to shut up. 

Cody and Danielle are so boring together. They need to have an epic fight to keep me interested. It's not going to happen, they are just not fighters. Cody laying on the sofa with his face in his phone and deciding not to go out while Danielle goes out with her friend was weird, though.

For real. I'd probably tack my dude's last name on the end of my name if I married (Empress1 Middlename Maidenname Husbandsname, no hyphen, and I'd go by Empress1 Husbandsname. I love my middle name, it has family significance, so I would not consider dropping it), but I damn sure wouldn't do it right away if I lost my mind and went on this show. Like, let's talk about that in six months when we know if we like each other. That's a non-starter two weeks in with someone you met ... two weeks ago. I do know men who say it would be a deal-breaker if their future wives didn't take their names though. My married friends (gay and straight) are all over the place in terms of what they did about their names when they married and what they did with the children's names. None of them hyphenated their own names, although one or two who kept their maiden names hyphenated their kids' names. 

I didn't understand the train thing with Cody. He said he missed the train so he couldn't go out (I assume they live in a suburb and he was taking a commuter train into the city) but Danielle and her friend (who really does look ten years older than Danielle and much older than Cody's brother) were going out, so why couldn't he go out with them or bum a ride or grab a Lyft?

Sheila was in full makeup, earrings, and her hair wasn't wrapped in her "wake-up scene." Please don't insult my intelligence, show. Team Sheila re: the sister's boyfriend.

Danielle's dogs literally have no home training. Even Dr. Pepper, who I remember saying has big dogs herself, was like "These dogs don't know how to act." Jesus. Didn't she have a roommate before? Those dogs would drive me nuts if I were her roommate. One of them needs to make a damn move, and at this point it's got to be Cody because he friend-zoned himself. Danielle's just respecting his wishes now.

10 hours ago, wings707 said:

Ashley and Anthony may have a shot at their marriage lasting beyond the finale for a spell.  I still don't understand how a beautiful girl cannot find love.  She is a knock out.  Too eager to get married and have babies is the only guess, she may be turning men off.  When that is on top and your priority is not finding the man that makes your heart sing, you are doomed.  She probably attaches too fast.  

I am old and in my experience I have NEVER known of or heard of a normal man who would not jump his his wife bones.  He has a free and clear okay to do that!  There is something amiss there as we have been saying.  I keep coming back to virgin.  

I find this narrative problematic. Beauty may get you more options but it's no guarantee for love. 

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

For real. I'd probably tack my dude's last name on the end of my name if I married (Empress1 Middlename Maidenname Husbandsname, no hyphen, and I'd go by Empress1 Husbandsname. I love my middle name, it has family significance, so I would not consider dropping it), but I damn sure wouldn't do it right away if I lost my mind and went on this show. Like, let's talk about that in six months when we know if we like each other. That's a non-starter two weeks in with someone you met ... two weeks ago. I do know men who say it would be a deal-breaker if their future wives didn't take their names though. My married friends (gay and straight) are all over the place in terms of what they did about their names when they married and what they did with the children's names. None of them hyphenated their own names, although one or two who kept their maiden names hyphenated their kids' names. 

I didn't understand the train thing with Cody. He said he missed the train so he couldn't go out (I assume they live in a suburb and he was taking a commuter train into the city) but Danielle and her friend (who really does look ten years older than Danielle and much older than Cody's brother) were going out, so why couldn't he go out with them or bum a ride or grab a Lyft?

Sheila was in full makeup, earrings, and her hair wasn't wrapped in her "wake-up scene." Please don't insult my intelligence, show. Team Sheila re: the brother's boyfriend.

Danielle's dogs literally have no home training. Even Dr. Pepper, who I remember saying has big dogs herself, was like "These dogs don't know how to act." Jesus. Didn't she have a roommate before? Those dogs would drive me nuts if I were her roommate. One of them needs to make a damn move, and at this point it's got to be Cody because he friend-zoned himself. Danielle's just respecting his wishes now.

I find this narrative problematic. Beauty may get you more options but it's no guarantee for love. 

I'm one who doesn't find Ashley to be that pretty. I think it's her nagging personality and her horrible hair. Girl needs to leave the extensions out because you can see where her real hair cuts off.

Danielle and Cody will be divorcing. Cody has no personality and Danielle seems even less interested than he does. Their personalities are just a mismatch but I really don't understand why they both keep talking about wanting to have sex but then.... don't. And why don't they bring it up? How is that not a topic of discussion for them.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Girl needs to leave the extensions out because you can see where her real hair cuts off.

I had the same thought about Ashley's extensions last night - they're obvious.

I too don't find Ashley pretty.  I mean she's not ugly, but there is something kinda off and doofy looking about her face and I don't like the red lipstick.  And I do think the last name argument was scripted just for drama.  My husband doesn't want me to take his last name because my Spanish last name has a better history to it than his slave last name (if he were somehow to do some kind of genealogical research and find his African last name, I probably still wouldn't take it because I'm not African and I really love my Spanish last name). 

I also found the Nate & Sheila bed side conversation odd.  But then I realized that everyplace we have lived at, I have chosen the bed closest to the door.  But there was never a conversation about it.  If I just met someone and immediately married them, the main thing I would be focused on making sure he is smart with money and keeping things tidy around the house.  I was also really confused about why Sheila's father was mad at her for not inviting the sister's boyfriend, it seems pretty obvious that Sheila doesn't like the boyfriend and that's why she didn't want him there.

Ugh, Danielle & Cody!!  This is such an awful matchmaking!!  The constant barking dogs aren't helping the situation.  And holy cow, how old is her Maid of Honor??  (All I could do was try and judge her age by the sun damaged skin on her chest/cleavage and I came up with 45).  So she's getting her cougar on with Cody's younger brother, but I don't think Danielle could even do the cougar thing with Cody because Cody seems to be scared of sex and have zero interest.

How many more episodes are left of this?  I don't think I can sit through anymore.

• Love 1

Ashley, the 'independent woman', won't take her husband's name, but allows her sister to interfere in her life.  Don't take his name if you don't want to, but don't call yourself an 'independent woman' with the sister stuff being an actual issue (not the contrived name business) - I almost laughed out loud on that one.

Sheila had a right to not include her sister's bf, who she has seen maybe 10 times, she says. Even though she was marrying a 'stranger', she was having a wedding, which is a big deal, & Nate was becoming her family. The sister's bf is not family, & she needed the spot for someone she really cares for & cares for her. If this works out the sister may regret not showing up & causing that kind of bad feeling between them. I give Sheila credit for saying she'll be there for her wedding anyway (I guess IF she's invited).

I also liked the way Nate handled the situation with Sheila's father, who was obnoxious & overbearing. I'm on Sheila's side in this case, but it's obvious the girls got the drama gene from dear old daddy... her mom might have a 'no words' clause in her contract with the show.

Danielle's dogs need training, Cody knows this yet is even afraid to bring that up with her. He just seems afraid, period. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt but he's a wuss who's not even trying & was clearly not ready for marriage of any kind, least of all this BS 'matchmaking'. Danielle is off too, though, with her ideas about 'manly men', & needs to broaden that definition a bit for when she's divorced & starting over. Her friend is really robbing the cradle with Cody's brother. They won't last either, but are definitely having more fun than the other two.

The fart was the REAL in REALity TV.  She's not even pretending with Cody anymore after that one.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Soup333 said:

Nate is just annoying at this point. I would pull an Ashley on him if he just kept talking and wouldn't shut up.

Ha! I meant Cody. And I was talking about David and Ashley from S3. Every time he started talking about their progress (lack of), I'd pull an Ashley on him and use the dogs/studying/work/aliens as an excuse why I couldn't talk. There will be no sex for them, sadly. 

I thought Danielle's friend was an older relative at first. LOL. 

2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Of course not.  I am not going too deep with this show!   Pretty girls attract more men, so she must have had opportunities to make something work, more than others. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AZ Curls said:

I was also really confused about why Sheila's father was mad at her for not inviting the sister's boyfriend, it seems pretty obvious that Sheila doesn't like the boyfriend and that's why she didn't want him there.

Ugh, Danielle & Cody!!  This is such an awful matchmaking!!  The constant barking dogs aren't helping the situation.  And holy cow, how old is her Maid of Honor??  (All I could do was try and judge her age by the sun damaged skin on her chest/cleavage and I came up with 45).  So she's getting her cougar on with Cody's younger brother, but I don't think Danielle could even do the cougar thing with Cody because Cody seems to be scared of sex and have zero interest.

1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Ashley, the 'independent woman', won't take her husband's name, but allows her sister to interfere in her life.  Don't take his name if you don't want to, but don't call yourself an 'independent woman' with the sister stuff being an actual issue (not the contrived name business) - I almost laughed out loud on that one.

Sheila had a right to not include her sister's bf, who she has seen maybe 10 times, she says. Even though she was marrying a 'stranger', she was having a wedding, which is a big deal, & Nate was becoming her family. The sister's bf is not family, & she needed the spot for someone she really cares for & cares for her. If this works out the sister may regret not showing up & causing that kind of bad feeling between them. I give Sheila credit for saying she'll be there for her wedding anyway (I guess IF she's invited).

I also liked the way Nate handled the situation with Sheila's father, who was obnoxious & overbearing. I'm on Sheila's side in this case, but it's obvious the girls got the drama gene from dear old daddy... her mom might have a 'no words' clause in her contract with the show.

Danielle's dogs need training, Cody knows this yet is even afraid to bring that up with her. He just seems afraid, period. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt but he's a wuss who's not even trying & was clearly not ready for marriage of any kind, least of all this BS 'matchmaking'. Danielle is off too, though, with her ideas about 'manly men', & needs to broaden that definition a bit for when she's divorced & starting over. Her friend is really robbing the cradle with Cody's brother. They won't last either, but are definitely having more fun than the other two.

The fart was the REAL in REALity TV.  She's not even pretending with Cody anymore after that one.

Who knows if she doesn't like the boyfriend but I was wondering more if maybe her sister goes through boyfriends pretty quickly. Which if that is the case why would she want the guy there? I can't believe people would think her sister's freak out and rudeness of not calling or showing up is ok. It was beyond selfish of that sister to act like a child. There is never a reason to invite people you do not want at your wedding just because of issues like this or parents claim you must invite so and so. I would never have invited people I don't know or didn't want at mine. My sister wasn't welcome to mine and I didn't tell her about it or invite her. She would have been on something, loud and rude. So no thanks. This is why I think its probably best her sister had a tantrum and didn't even show up. Sheila should be thankful she didn't. Bad enough Nate's dad thinking he was being "funny" with how he was. Sheila's mom being quiet during that talk either didn't happen that way and she was edited out or she never says a word and let's the husband just say it all. SMH While I don't care for Nate, that family of her's is and always will be a MAJOR handful no matter what. Could you imagine if they made it and had a child down? OMG her father would be demanding they all be there for the birth because its something they should all experience as a family together. *rollseyes* 

I just turned 43 and don't look like that lady. Of course I don't have sun damaged skin and have always tried to take care to never get have that issue. See to many around my parts all my life to know I never wanted to be like those. I will take pale skin over the leather look any day. I was saying that girl looked closer to 50 but that is because I was thinking of my age. LOL Either way she is looking it. 

I think Cody isn't sure how to bring it up to Danielle about the dogs. He doesn't know her well enough to know how to approach things with her and let alone tell her that he dogs are nightmares. She could fly off the handle over it. We all have no clue how she would be on it. My husband said he thinks she is probably one of those you have to watch out for too. As was mentioned though, if she is this way with the dogs, it can make you wonder if she would be the same with her own kids? Which might be a good reason for him to keep backing away from her. LOL At the end of the day these 2 should not have been matched. 

• Love 8

I agree with pretty much everything everyone has said here so far. 

I just have one thing to add...

CODY GROW A PAIR AND POOP OR GET OFF THE POT! 

You see, she was feeling sex with him on their honeymoon. So was he - but it was HIM who put a stop to it. It was HIM who said "let's build a friendship first" and every delay has been HIM. 

And now at the end of this episode, they show a clip of him for next week where he's complaining that "not having sex is starting to get to me" and he's all frustrated that they haven't had sex. OMG this dude- no wonder he needs a dating show. He is clueless and has no backbone. 

He's one of those guys that complains about the friendzone when he's the one putting himself in the friendzone

Reminds me of a guy I was casually dating a few years ago. I was dating other people - not sleeping with any of them yet. This guy was so sweet, I totally preferred spending time with him over the others. I even spent the night at his house a few times, and gave him ALL the signals that I was ready to take the next step, sexually. Nothing. Then after a few weeks, I decided to get more serious with one of the other guys I was dating so let the nice guy know that I could no longer see him romantically. He had the nerve to be angry at me. He put himself in the friendzone by never making a move (I even had to make the move for the first kiss) and he had the nerve to be mad.

Totally Cody. Cody, you deserve all the blue balls you've ever had. 

• Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I liked Nate for trying to find that fine line between being assertive and respectful to Shelia's Dad. He reminded her father that he was in their home. He also tried to modulate his voice whereas his FIL kept getting louder as his point was not being bowed to. They are trying to create their own family. What's the old saying? Girls go off to their husbands family? Poor Shelia. Her lack of respect sister (the one who refused to come to her wedding because she didn't get her own way about her boyfriend attending), her OTT Dad and her mouse of a mother who (don't think) said one word. She's better off as Nate's "Queen" and SIL of his brother who looks like he will be respectful of her. They were cute cleaning when she didn't feel well.

I agree 100%, and I, too, am in the minority that is getting on the Nate train.  Sheila's sister is probably Daddy's favorite, since he thought it was a-ok for her to skip the wedding without telling the bride. The family's feelings don't include Sheila's, they just include Pissy Sissy's feelings.

Edited by Swim mom
Spelling counts

Sheila's Daddy is using Pissy as a shield for his continued anger/disapproval over Sheila marrying a stranger...

He is trying to blame her for the family rift but Sheila is not having any of it...

Sheila ended her phone conversation with her sister,  Pissy agreeing to come to the wedding, understanding that the bf didn't make the cut.

Guessing Daddy called Pissy and asking her plans for the wedding and in the process riled Pissy up about her bf being left off the list.

N8 was a dope to step in between Sheila and Daddy...those two have butted heads before with yelling and high emotions.

Best let those two duke it out and lay low, N8.

Sheila's Mom and brothers plus Rique were silently eating...

The hypocrisy of Sheila's reason for leaving Piss' bf off the list was laughable...having met the bf ONLY 10 times...he doesn't make the cut to be invited to your wedding to a STRANGER....

Thinking the producers and camera crew were rolling their eyes HARD... 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, wings707 said:

I think Ashley said she was with a guy for 7yrs until it became clear that he wasn't going to have kids. I think she's 30 so probably feeling the pressure to have a solid relationship so she can have a couple of kids before it is too late. There is a lot of sketchy info out there about getting pregnant after 30 and her sister probably sends her a text about her pregnancy odds every day. 

I felt bad for Sheila as her dad was being a huge ass. Have we ever seen her mother say anything?  It seems like she gives a lot of dramatic eye gestures but doesn't say anything. Free Sheila's Mom!!

Cody and Danielle are a terrible match and I give them props for being kind to each other. I couldn't handle watching another Sam / Neil thing where Sam was so mean and nasty. 

• Love 5
(edited)
On 5/26/2017 at 1:48 PM, Booger666 said:

I think Ashley said she was with a guy for 7yrs until it became clear that he wasn't going to have kids. I think she's 30 so probably feeling the pressure to have a solid relationship so she can have a couple of kids before it is too late. There is a lot of sketchy info out there about getting pregnant after 30 and her sister probably sends her a text about her pregnancy odds every day. 

I felt bad for Sheila as her dad was being a huge ass. Have we ever seen her mother say anything?  It seems like she gives a lot of dramatic eye gestures but doesn't say anything. Free Sheila's Mom!!

Cody and Danielle are a terrible match and I give them props for being kind to each other. I couldn't handle watching another Sam / Neil thing where Sam was so mean and nasty. 

Pregnancy is healthy in your 30s, after 40 is when it can get tricky.  I had both of mine in my 30s.  

I think low IQ is in play with Sheila's dad.  He was just being thick in the head and could not grasp the details nor did he even try. It was beyond ignorance. 

I didn't know Ashley was with a man for 7 years, that is a long time.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1