Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

I think you make a list of five or ten albums and they choose from it in descending order? But still, that's like asking me to rank my children (I can say this because I don't have any yet). And some days I prefer something harder and end up cranking up the metal playlist I have and some days I just want to chill out to some Pink Floyd or have a country day. My list would probably be a real head scratcher though it would be heavy on the rock.

Another trouble maker.  Choose your snacks.  

• Love 1

Man, I'm kind of on strike with feeds right now, but reading about Mark STILL fighting for votes makes me happy. He's legit the first person this season to be fighting until the very end. Cody came close, but he kind of accepted his fate.

You can't say that Mark didn't try, at least. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Another trouble maker.  Choose your snacks.  

The snacks wouldn't matter to me. Would I prefer ketchup chips over sour cream and onion? Of course but a chip is a chip. But it would be the music keeping me sane, not the food. If I can't have books, I have to at least have music. 

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, wings707 said:

What would you want in your HOH basket? 

Captain Crunch Berry

Sees Chocolate

Diet Pepsi/Coke (I'm one of the rare who doesn't freak out on brand)

English Muffins

Sun Chips Harvest Cheddar

Hard Mikes (any flavor, I'm not picky!)

Cheddar and Sour Cream Ruffles

Red Vines

Reese's Pieces

And I would totally lock the door!!! 

giphy.gif

• Love 11

Jason talking to Alex telling her that Mark said to keep him and take out Matt because Matt and Raven want him and Alex out. Alex, of course, won't listen to him and says Mark is as bad as Cody and must go. Idiots!!! Mark is a sincere guy, I'd be like Jason and listen to him. Now I hope Matt or Raven win HOH and put them both up.

• Love 2

What would I want in my HOH basket? That's a good question.

Popcorn 
Lightly Salted Lays Chips
After Eight Mint Chocolates
Pretzels
Iced Tea 
Green Tea
Unsalted Crackers
If they could also give me my homemade pesto sauce for pasta, I'd be a very happy camper. I'd even make a whole dinner for the houseguests just so they could taste authentic pasta sauce.
CD= Marianas Trench's Astoria album. They're my favourite band ever (and they're Canadian, like me) so I could be very, very happy with just their music for several HOHs. If not, give me the Wicked Broadway soundtrack. 

I'm a salty person in terms of snacks but I also can't resist those mint chocolates. Also, I'm weird and could just snack on crackers if I'm hungry for something. It would be quite hard to share this food with people, but I think the only thing I'd really hide away would be the popcorn. I love popcorn freshly made but I also love it when it's a day old, so I could snack on that all day and be so good. Everything else I'd reluctantly share (but I'd make sure to reiterate that they need to ask before taking; I'm a relatively chill person and would probably say yes). 

As for the door, I'd lock it at night and I'd lock it when I'm in there and need some quiet time (for sure if I'm taking a shower or bath, because I'm a little self conscious that way). Otherwise, again, I'd want people to ask if it's cool to hang upstairs and I'll be less salty about it. Also, if I noticed the same people going up there all the time alone, I'd probably end up locking my door or hanging with people upstairs. 

I mean, if I was a houseguest, I'd definitely be asking HOH's permission before using their stuff or going upstairs without them. It's just rude not to.

• Love 6

Mark has watched a lot of Big Brother and  is playing the game as best he can right now. He will get everyone pissed off at him but he is still a vote in jury so they can't go at him too badly. Paul will tell Xmas and Josh so they can ruin their jury votes. Leave him clean. When he gets to jury Elena and Cody will tell him, its all Paul !! Don't lose sight of that. 

But I am glad he is making the effort. And, he is not telling them so and so is a liar. So and so is a bad person. he is saying they are after you and you can use me. Game not personal.

Now Mark, beat his Paul's in chess.

And to be a little petty, I love how Paul has to crank  his neck to talk to Josh,Kevin, Mark and Jason. 

Edited by missyb
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

If they could also give me my homemade pesto sauce for pasta, I'd be a very happy camper. I'd even make a whole dinner for the houseguests just so they could taste authentic pasta sauce.

See, this is the problem with the HoH basket. The things I would want and be craving by then wouldn't be stuff that you can put into an HoH basket. Like poutine, hot and fresh from the kitchen. Or my homemade potato and cheddar perogies and homemade cabbage rolls. Or Swiss Chalet sauce. Just the sauce, I can do my own chicken. So sure, load me up on Smartfood White Cheddar popcorn and Pepsi Throwback, but it wouldn't make me happy the way a good bowl of homemade borscht would. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, missyb said:

And to be a little petty, I love how Paul has to crank  his neck to talk to Josh,Kevin, Mark and Jason. 

I have to say I get pleasure from that, too.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

Ooh, this is like filling out a concert tour rider!

Sangria

Coke Zero

Violet Crumble bars

Cheetos

M&Ms

Fruit for the sangria

Salt & Straw honey lavender ice cream

iPod: Goldfrapp's Felt Mountain

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, PhoneCop said:

Ooh, this is like filling out a concert tour rider!

Sangria

Coke Zero

Violet Crumble bars

Cheetos

M&Ms

Fruit for the sangria

Salt & Straw honey lavender ice cream

iPod: Goldfrapp's Felt Mountain

Sophisticated choices.   I have a problem with food tasting like my bath oil though I once had lavender ice cream and it was lovely.  

11 minutes ago, missyb said:

Mark has watched a lot of Big Brother and  is playing the game as best he can right now. He will get everyone pissed off at him but he is still a vote in jury so they can't go at him too badly. Paul will tell Xmas and Josh so they can ruin their jury votes. Leave him clean. When he gets to jury Elena and Cody will tell him, its all Paul !! Don't lose sight of that. 

But I am glad he is making the effort. And, he is not telling them so and so is a liar. So and so is a bad person. he is saying they are after you and you can use me. Game not personal.

Now Mark, beat his Paul's in chess.

Glad to hear this.  Too late for him but not for the others to pay attention to his warnings after he leaves.  They won't. I am having a shot of tequila now because they won't let me have that in my basket.  It is to celebrate Mark.  No it isn't.  I just wanted some. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Sophisticated choices.   I have a problem with food tasting like my bath oil though I once had lavender ice cream and it was lovely.  

Yeah, nothing says sophisticated like Cheetos and M&Ms!

Something floral-flavored is a must because then I wouldn't have to share with most people, LOL. And I'd use the M&Ms to count votes the way Vanessa did with Skittles.

vanessaskittles copy.jpg

• Love 7
Just now, PhoneCop said:

Something floral-flavored is a must because then I wouldn't have to share with most people, LOL. And I'd use the M&Ms to count votes the way Vanessa did with Skittles.

Ah, memories. Back when people used to - y'know - play the fucking game

• Love 12
27 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

See, this is the problem with the HoH basket. The things I would want and be craving by then wouldn't be stuff that you can put into an HoH basket. Like poutine, hot and fresh from the kitchen. Or my homemade potato and cheddar perogies and homemade cabbage rolls. Or Swiss Chalet sauce. Just the sauce, I can do my own chicken. So sure, load me up on Smartfood White Cheddar popcorn and Pepsi Throwback, but it wouldn't make me happy the way a good bowl of homemade borscht would. 

Pierogies and Halupkis (cabbage rolls). I'd take my hometown church's homemade pierogies and my mom's halupkies!

• Love 1

Oh, hello. A Raven bashing session has commenced.

ETA: I read that before this, Raven was on the other feed bitching about how Alex does these expensive things (like boob jobs and $400 restaurant bills) but complains that she's broke, and then went on to say "Don't tell us your sob stories and then contradict yourself."
Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 12

HOH Basket

Crunchie Bars

Halo Top ice cream - chocolate peanut butter

Chicago mix popcorn 

Oranges

Caramel M&'s

Sour Dough bread

Steak

Perrier Orange flavor

Music - Fleetwood Mac Rumors, any Eagles album, Bon Jovi

And a huge lock box to keep it in on the off chance someone knows how to pick locks. 

• Love 4

OK, y'all had me at HOH basket.

Important things first - Music, anything from the Monkees. Don't judge me!! Alcohol, an extra dry bottle of Cava.

Snacks - as I still do the no carb thing, I will be salivating as I post these:

Dark chocolate covered pretzels

White cheddar Cheeze-its

Pepperidge farm assorted cookies

Honey-comb cereal (And I would fight Matt to the death for it)

Wheat Thins

Crunch n Munch

Edited: and you have to have the Skittles, the one great thing Vanessa gave me!

Poor Jason, if he was a better player and not chained to Alex, he could totally start something to keep Mark. But he won't. 

Edited by Katesus7
  • Love 11
24 minutes ago, wings707 said:

The Raven storm is brewing.  She is likely to be moved up on the hit list.  Goody.  

What took so long?  Any other year, she would have been booted weeks ago.  

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

What took so long?  Any other year, she would have been booted weeks ago.  

Simple explanation.  Goat 

According to reddit, James will be hosting a comp.  Good god, what a do nothing loser.  Why? 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, wings707 said:

Sake (they don't allow tequila) 

Ruffles potato chips

Honey Nut Chex (fuck you Alex)

Bagels and lox cream cheese.

Panda licorice and milk chocolate pecan bark.  

Cheeze Its (original orange ones)  

Macadamia nuts. 

I would want:

• Diet Coke
  • SanTan Brewery Mr. Pineapple beer
  • Bare banana chips
  • Emerald dry roasted almonds 
  • My mom's homemade Chex mix
  • Power Crunch cookies & cream bars 
  • Dot's pretzels 
  • Cherrios 

Damn. I'm pretty boring.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Simple explanation.  Goat 

According to reddit, James will be hosting a comp.  Good god, what a do nothing loser.  Why? 

He's "fun". Le sigh.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Jel said:

He's "fun". Le sigh.

Maybe it is to upset Paul, who can't stand James. Frankly I did not like his antics either. Particularly that he ruined every blind side.

Edited by missyb
  • Love 6
31 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

OK, y'all had me at HOH basket.

Important things first - Music, anything from the Monkees. Don't judge me!! Alcohol, an extra dry bottle of Cava.

Snacks - as I still do the no carb thing, I will be salivating as I post these:

Dark chocolate covered pretzels

White cheddar Cheeze-its

Pepperidge farm assorted cookies

Honey-comb cereal (And I would fight Matt to the death for it)

Wheat Thins

Crunch n Munch

Edited: and you have to have the Skittles, the one great thing Vanessa gave me!

Poor Jason, if he was a better player and not chained to Alex, he could totally start something to keep Mark. But he won't. 

Yeah, totally blew off the whole eating right thing when it came to building my HOH basket. ;) 

5 minutes ago, missyb said:

Maybe it is to upset Paul, who can't stand James. Frankly I did not like his antics either. Particularly that he ruined every blind side.

Anything to upset Paul is good with me ;) 

giphy.gif

• Love 8

Raven was screeching at Matt just now.  The BB voice said, "Raven, that's really annoying."

Now they've called Raven to the diary room.  This after I walked away from my computer for a few minutes and could hear her screeching at Matt the whole time I was in the other room.

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, zorak said:

Raven was screeching at Matt just now.  The BB voice said, "Raven, that's really annoying."

I know BB can join in, and has, but production is as bored as we are. Even Jokers is slow. I LOVED the Josh comment, and props to him for taking it in stride. I got all excited when @Nashville mentioned an eviction tonight. No luck? We have another two days of this? But I love that Raven is heading up the list, and the only entertaining thing that could (meaning, won't) happen would be Alex and Paul getting into it if Jason goes up and out.

HOH Basket:

• Jalapeno cheddar popcorn
  • Coke
  • Talking Rain
  • String cheese
  • Cheese & crackers (any kind, seriously, I could make a meal out of them)
  • Yogurt
  • Twix
  • Gummi bears - I'd request the fake sugar ones, and tell the other HGs to dig in
Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, zorak said:

She thinks she is being cute, witty and irresistible when she does her hillbilly act.  I believe she really believes the viewers love this and find her adorable.  

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, wings707 said:

She thinks she is being cute, witty and irresistible when she does her hillbilly act.  I believe she really believes the viewers love this and find her adorable.  

Oh I agree and then we have Matt laughing like a hyena! 

On another note I keep thinking about last season when Paul lost to Nicole.  I don't think he has gotten over that since it happened.  So does he want to take another female to final two?  Wouldn't he do better with a do nothing like Josh or Kevin?  Last year the jury was longing for a female winner and Paul elevated Nicole to that place instead of choosing James who evidently Paul thought could beat him.

I bet he dreams about that every night.  What's he to do now?  Don't make another mistake.

• Love 1

My HOH basket:

Coke Zero

Lagunitas Maximus 

Kettle Chips Salt & Vinegar

Donkey Chips w/ Salt

Morningstar Farms "bacon"

Bubba Burger Veggie Burgers

Totinos Pizza Rolls! 

A Fannie Mays Spring Box (which has individual wrapped Mint Meltaways or Pixies or Trinidads they are often on sale at my store and make good gifts or nice for reception desks) or a mixed assortments 1lb box for guests to HOH

Lush Bath Bombs and Too Faced Better than Sex mascara which you always need a backup of! (you can request makeup in your HOH Janelle did one year and got palette from Benefit that I owned too at the time)  

Gatorade 8pk in Dark Blue, Red or Yellow

La Croix in Lemon or Lime

Doritos Nacho Cheese 

Ice Cream bars

Coconut water (I hate the stuff but use it to butter up HGs)

and a huge set of sheet mask so we can all have a spa night/serial killer cos play 

and my CD would be The Killers Sams Town,  Lady Gaga Joanne, or The Suburbs by Arcade Fire. 

• Love 6
On 8/20/2017 at 9:20 AM, dolphincorn said:

At the moment, I'm wondering if I should bother to try out for BB Canada again. They've cast Kevin (in the US) and Karen (in Canada). The two of them lasted a long time and both were in my age bracket. I've been a fitness trainer for three decades, though. I'm also ready to publish another book and the timing might be perfect for me to fame whore my way onto your TV screens. However, I am bothered by the small stuff that you mentioned. I don't want people picking my habits apart on forums like this. So what if I make a big mess when I brush my teeth? I think I would probably come off better than most of the people in the house, though, because I'm naturally not-gross.

Do it!  Then there'd be one person we can all support and cheer your habits because you've already shown yourself to be a fellow snarker.

• Love 7

Hoh basket:

mt dew or cherry Pepsi or grenadine to make the real shit with coke. 

Mikes hard lemonade black cherry

sour cream and cheddar ruffles or ranch doritos

snickers/peanut butter m&m's/Reese's on cups/skittles

lucky charms or captain crunch 

ritz chips 

craisins and toffee cashews 

jar of marischino cherries 

sweet corn 

album: Bruno mars / panic at the disco / paramore 

4 hours ago, missyb said:

Exactly. She should have locked it and then at least given the key to Josh so he could go in whenever he wanted.

I'm having flashbacks to BBOTT Monte's HOH, when he locked the door the entire time and carried the HOH key around with him all week. I thought that was taking it over the top (heh) but maybe he was onto something with locking HOH...so rats like Matt and Raven couldn't just use HOH whenever they pleased.

Monte??? BBOTT?? Oh yeah, the first  HOH who said lets go after the vet and was later hammered for going after poor Jason. When all he wanted to do was level the playing field. What a concept.

But Jason saved himself fair and square!!! 

3 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I wonder, if you request an album that has two CDs, do you get both of them? Because that could seriously change the music selection game. Like, if it's a single disc worth of songs you get, I would go with - for the sake of argument - Foo Fighters Wasting Light album or Blue Rodeo's 5 Days in July. But if you get both discs from a double album, you would be better off choosing Foo Fighters In Your Honor two disc album or Blue Rodeo's Just Like a Vacation two disc live album. Of course, if you only end up with one disc from a double album and you don't get to choose which one, you run the risk of getting the acoustic side when you prefer the rock side or the disc that has fewer of your favourites on it.

And this is more interesting to me than the actual game taking place. How sad. 

ETA: Holy crap, I actually got the name of one of my most favourite albums of all time wrong. I am ashamed.

Since they get them from iTunes you would totally get the whole thing! Except I think you can only request the artist and not the album. 

• Love 1

I think at least when it was an actual cd they would or could say the album in their request. Not sure why that would change since you can search an album on iTunes. I always wondered why people didn't ask for a movie soundtrack so that way they'd have a bunch of stuff by multiple artists. 

• Love 1

I think the HOH baskets should be refillable.  But only if the HOH themself consumed 75% of the product.  One bottle of wine or one bag of chips won't last long, even for only one person.  That one basket is kind of measly if you think about it--especially in context of the profits CBS gets from this show.  I also think there should be more HOH-only advantages associated with the position.  In these last many seasons, we've seen the HOH room privileges diluted as the rest of the house takes over--and woe betide the HOH who is less than generous with the room, food, and private bath.  

What sort of extra HOH advantages should be awarded?  One private catered dinner for HOH and one guest of choosing during their week?  All your laundry done?  Stick your feet through a glory hole in the wall and get an anonymous daily foot/ankle/calf massage and pedicure?  Blindfolded professional massage or other spa treatment?

Right now, unless you are on the downside of the house, there is really no advantage to winning HOH.

And as for my choices, I'd have to think on the snacks, but for the CD?  Peter Gabriel's Secret World Live album.  Complex rhythms and sophisticated song construction and  production you could get lost in, over and over as well as  crowd interaction and noise--I think hearing people you don't know, but are enthusiastic would be encouraging.

• Love 4

The HoH does get laundry service, I just can't remember if it's once or if it's all their clothes. 

ETA: At least, they used to. I remember them getting a package of clothing wrapped in brown paper from the storage room that they (or another HG) would bring up to the HoH room. I'm not tripping, am I? This used to happen?

Edited by Callaphera