Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

Cody has, over the season, demonstrated himself to be a flawed individual who is,  in certain unattractive respects, likely a product of contained/limited experience. He can be casually ignorant, rude, and emotionally reactive when he feels he's been deceived. 

I've never seen him coordinate or participate in a concerted, organized campaign to harass others. Has he ever undertaken a prolonged effort to demean/denigrate some aspect of another HG's biography like the military service about which Christmas and Co are improvising their fan fiction?

For the most part, he actually has simply disengaged from conflict rather than escalating it in a premeditated, malicious fashion. 

To me, even as I disagree with many of his political/social views, there's absolutely no comparison between his behavior and that of Josh's cohort. 

I don't like Cody..  Because he hasn't exhibited behavior similar to Paul does not make him better in some way.  He is an ignorant, hot head and nasty man. 

8 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Xmas has talked on the feeds about how she was a drug addict. It is a totally different situation when someone with a history of addiction starts taking those painkillers.

Okay, sure but do we really know this is what she was not allowed to say?  

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I don't like Cody..  Because he hasn't exhibited behavior similar to Paul does not make him better in some way.  He is an ignorant, hot head and nasty man. 

Okay, sure but do we really know this is what she was not allowed to say?  

Well ... it makes him better than Paul.

IMO, of course. 

Just as Elissa and Jen were kind of callow, superficial, and bitchy in certain respects but clearly better people than the sadists with which they found themselves in their seasons. 

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

Well ... it makes him better than Paul.

IMO, of course. 

Just as Elissa and Jen were kind of callow, superficial, and bitchy in certain respects but clearly better people than the sadists with which they found themselves in their seasons. 

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. 

I'll add Candace in BB15 -- was she perfect? No. She was a pageant queen and could be stuck up. That didn't justify how Aaryn and Gina Marie continually harassed and tortured her. 

I'll just add that some of the most ruthless, cold-blooded BB players to ever play (Will, Dan, Derrick, Vanessa, DanielleBB3) all certainly lied and manipulated their way through their seasons. But none of them were into hurting people just for the sake of hurting people.

Edited by Growsonwalls
  • Love 10

I am sooo disappointed in this BB season.  I have always liked it but darn I might just shut the whole thing off.  Disgusting to see bullies like there are on this show.

I bet a whole lot of people are reminded of bullies in their own life watching this show.  Uggg.

• Love 4

The hilarious part about Candace was that she would have gladly been part of the clique in BB15 if they had let her, but instead they were super racist. So yeah, it was kind of funny how she instead was "forced" into being an awesome person on that season. 

• Love 2

Paul says he doesn't feel like Raven would ever go behind his back but he's not so sure about Matt.  Christmas says Matt is completely devoted to Raven.  They both agree that Matt needs to start playing the game.  Now Raven is in there and Paul tells her the list of people who he feels has his back in the game.  Matt was last on the list of people he named and then he said "but" and now we have fish.  I need to know if he was planting seeds of doubt about Matt in her head, damn it!

I honestly feel like Raven would evict Matt if Paul put her on the spot. Paul has this creepy bond with both Xmas and Raven in which it's not exactly like, or lust, but sort of a realization that "wow I can be a totally shitty person and be liked by the Master." It's a weird bond but it's more compelling than the half-assed bored sex of Matt and Raven. 

• Love 4

Paul is telling Raven, Christmas and Matt that longevity in the game is important to him but he knows he can't win.  Paul says he is Cody and Jessica's number one target.  Christmas asks if he doesn't think they might do something erratic and take out someone just to piss everyone off.  Raven says, "Like me?"  I don't think it would piss everyone off for them to take out Raven but Paul says he doesn't think they're smart enough to try that tactic.

1 minute ago, Growsonwalls said:

I honestly feel like Raven would evict Matt if Paul put her on the spot. Paul has this creepy bond with both Xmas and Raven in which it's not exactly like, or lust, but sort of a realization that "wow I can be a totally shitty person and be liked by the Master." It's a weird bond but it's more compelling than the half-assed bored sex of Matt and Raven. 

Yeah, I think Raven would absolutely choose Paul over Matt.  And Matt would probably tell her to do it, too.

• Love 3

Just FYI, Paul, Xmas, and Raven are going over once again how they are the victims of Jody and how Jody can't possibly be betrayed as being bullied and they (M/X/P) are not the bullies. This is about the 1,510th time they've had this talk.

ETA: Xmas is on a pity party again about how she's spent the past 12 years getting her life together and she's not getting "rewarded" (with jury, presumably) even though she's been so tough and persevered.

Note to Xmas: the world doesn't owe you jury because you spent the last 12 years overcoming a drug addiction. In fact, if you did have these issues, BB is probably the last place for you to be.

Edited by Growsonwalls
  • Love 16

Raven says sarcastically:  "Yeah, because it makes sense for me to hide cat ears because I have 2 terminal diseases."  What the fuck does one have to do with the other?  Like Raven is immune to being a bitch because she (allegedly) has 2 terminal diseases?

Edited by zorak
  • Love 14

Christmas is convinced that there is something negative attached to Jessica using the hex and that's why she's mad about having to use the hex.

Raven thinks last night her mom thought, "There's my girl.  She's been too quiet."  Based on everything I've read about Raven's mom, she probably was proud of her behavior.

• Love 1

Matt asks if they think they're all good if Mark wins HOH.  The overwhelming response was, "NO!"  Paul says it depends on how far Elena can stick her foot up his ass.

11 minutes ago, zorak said:

Christmas is convinced that there is something negative attached to Jessica using the hex and that's why she's mad about having to use the hex.

Raven thinks last night her mom thought, "There's my girl.  She's been too quiet."  Based on everything I've read about Raven's mom, she probably was proud of her behavior.

Christmas knows exactly what the hex is.  Jessica told her, I watched the conversation.  She is playing Paul. 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Just FYI, Paul, Xmas, and Raven are going over once again how they are the victims of Jody and how Jody can't possibly be betrayed as being bullied and they (M/X/P) are not the bullies. This is about the 1,510th time they've had this talk.

ETA: Xmas is on a pity party again about how she's spent the past 12 years getting her life together and she's not getting "rewarded" (with jury, presumably) even though she's been so tough and persevered.

Note to Xmas: the world doesn't owe you jury because you spent the last 12 years overcoming a drug addiction. In fact, if you did have these issues, BB is probably the last place for you to be.

This is actually kind of scary. Substance treatment programs are all about dispelling the propensity for entitlement that can operate as a lynchpin for addictive personalities. 

• Love 3

I have not seen Paul refer to himself as "your boy" for a while now. I wonder if the DR advised him against it. It's odd to me because he was practically married to that phrase.

I cannot remember when I have had such a complete turnaround on any HGs like I have on Cody and Jessica -- I didn't like them at all at first and now I am totally rooting for them.  

I could never stand Paul, and in a way I am glad for this because he's shown us who he really is. Just a gross, little man.  Hideous.

I am really starting to dislike Elena -- didn't mind her at first, but I was repulsed at how quickly she was willing to turn on someone (Mark) who'd stood by her the whole game. I don't like the way she talks to him either -- dysfunction junction.  He can do better.

Disappointed in Kevin. 

Matt -- total weasel.

Raven -- good day. Take your green and your dance moves and your many stomachs and kindly bugger off.

Agree with those who think Christmas is overly concerned with her pain medication -- something seems fishy there to me. 

Alex, such a shame.

• Love 9

Paul says they knew exactly what they were doing when Cody was cast.  He says Cody is the complete opposite of him.  Then he starts running through a laundry list of the qualities that Paul thinks are the opposite of Paul:  "bullies, people who think they're intelligent when they're not, people who have an ego, people who have power trips, people who think they're entitled." In other words, everything that Paul actually is.

• Love 22

I had forgotten about Cody's obsession with Russia and about fighting hand to hand combat with Russians if we got into a war with them. It looks like he'll get his shot sometime in the near future 

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, zorak said:

Paul says they knew exactly what they were doing when Cody was cast.  He says Cody is the complete opposite of him.  Then he starts running through a laundry list of the qualities that Paul thinks are the opposite of Paul:  "bullies, people who think they're intelligent when they're not, people who have an ego, people who have power trips, people who think they're entitled." In other words, everything that Paul actually is.

I had that thought too! He described HIMSELF to a T! 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

This is actually kind of scary. Substance treatment programs are all about dispelling the propensity for entitlement that can operate as a lynchpin for addictive personalities. 

Actually what's disturbing to me is that if Xmas knows how addiction can bring you down to your lowest point, she's not even willing to self-reflect and think that a guy like Cody who is from the military combat might also have some issues to work through and they might not come out in the best way. Christmas says it took her 12 years for her to get her act together. 

The lack of humility and compassion in her is striking and makes me doubt whether she really went through any meaningful rehab. Also the constant fish when she talks about the DR's pain medication for her broken leg is weird. 

Edited by Growsonwalls
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, TimWil said:

I had forgotten about Cody's obsession with Russia and about fighting hand to hand combat with Russians if we got into a war with them. It looks like he'll get his shot sometime in the near future 

Did you know Paul is a quarter Russian and that's why Cody hates him? It has nothing to do with his repulsive personality. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, zorak said:

I was rolling over this. It was just brilliant. I mean I think Paul might be the absolute least self-aware player ever. And that is truly saying something.

1 minute ago, Growsonwalls said:

Actually what's disturbing to me is that if Xmas knows how addiction can bring you down to your lowest point, she's not even willing to self-reflect and think that a guy like Cody who is from the military might also have some issues to work through and they might not come out in the best way. Christmas says it took her 12 years for her to get her act together. 

The lack of humility and compassion in her is striking and makes me doubt whether she really went through any meaningful rehab. Also the constant fish when she talks about the DR's pain medication for her broken leg is weird. 

Christmas is proving herself to be exactly what I thought she was pre-show even though I had nothing concrete to go on. But I love being right!

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Jel said:

Any one else get an under-cover sexist vibe from Paul?

It's not really under-cover. His ugly attitudes about women came out in full force yesterday when he kissed Raven twice (once on the neck, in front of Matt) just because Raven was the most willing to make an assface of herself for his sake. 

Cody has some really ignorant views about science and politics but he never tells Jessica to make a total fool of herself for his sake. And he was the only person in the house to not like the way they were piling on Mark too. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

It happens frequently, but the whole "Wait, we're not looking bad, are we?" stuff is always hilarious. The Friendship was probably the best, though. They really thought that they were getting hero edits. 

I've been thinking how different the earlier seasons might be if they aired today. I can't even imagine the level of fights, outrage and hand-wringing on social media S6 would caused if Twitter, Reddit, Tumblr, etc. were a thing back then. We were all so innocent. 

Edited by mooses
  • Love 3
Just now, mooses said:

I've been thinking how different the earlier seasons might be if they aired today. I can't even imagine the level of fights, outrage and hand-wringing on social media S6 would caused if Twitter, Reddit, Tumblr, etc. were a thing back then. We were all so innocent. 

Right. If BB6 aired now everyone would hate Janelle because she was so very horrible. I also like to think Dick would be despised nowadays, too.

On the topic of Paul vs. Cody like sorry but I would choose Cody every single time. He has said some truly heinous and stupid things, but he has also handled certain things very well and he treats Jessica much better than Paul has ever treated anyone. And just in general Paul has literally no redeeming qualities imo. Plus, his voice and mannerisms are just super annoying, while Cody's are kind of hilarious.

• Love 8

It happens frequently, but the whole "Wait, we're not looking bad, are we?" stuff is always hilarious.

Yes, but it never gets aired out like it should in the finale, and I am always disappointed that the houseguests that were complete assholes never get theirs.  They are never caught in their lies with tape playback, and they never get America's true opinion of them until it's well over and done with and everyone has moved on.  I'm never satisfied with how the finales end up.  They always suck because things are left unsaid.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, mooses said:

Actually it caused a lot of outrage back then. I think almost all of S6 lost their jobs, FWIW ... And I remember some people in BB8 calling the police on Dick and wanting them to go into BB and arrest him.

12 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

It happens frequently, but the whole "Wait, we're not looking bad, are we?" stuff is always hilarious. The Friendship was probably the best, though. They really thought that they were getting hero edits. 

Hmm I'm grateful for the few times people have said flat out "Yes you are looking bad. Cut it out." Jameka might have been one of the most boring HG's in BB history but she did tell Amber multiple times that her comments about Jewish people and her personal life wasn't wise. Judd also told GM that her comments about Elissa's son were horrible. 

And I don't like Mike Boogie but he and Will also quickly told Janelle that her comments about a "Puerto Rican bath" were not acceptable either.

Jess and Xmas are hang a very animated discussion about Disney world. Jess is extremely  excited.  Xmas asked Jess what she is cooking.  Matt just came in. Did Paul send him in ?? Check on Xmas conversing with the enemy.

Just now, Growsonwalls said:

Actually it caused a lot of outrage back then. I think almost all of S6 lost their jobs, FWIW ... And I remember some people in BB8 calling the police on Dick and wanting them to go into BB and arrest him.

You're right - Maggie lost her job after she won, but I'm not sure about anyone else. I still think it's nowhere near what it would be today. I can't imagine how HGs stay sane and active on social media after their season airs. I can barely stand most Big Brother fans (this is my safe space!) after the first few weeks because the discussions can get so victrolic. I can't imagine the amount of harassment families face from all angles with all the ways people can find your information or get in contact with you now.

On the topic of Paul vs. Cody like sorry but I would choose Cody every single time. He has said some truly heinous and stupid things, but he has also handled certain things very well and he treats Jessica much better than Paul has ever treated anyone. And just in general Paul has literally no redeeming qualities imo. Plus, his voice and mannerisms are just super annoying, while Cody's are kind of hilarious.

LOL - I tend to agree with some of Cody's opinions, (global warming for one), but I don't air it out here because I'm here to talk Big Brother and not politics or science.  (Let me stress the SOME part, because he has said some stupid stuff.)  But he's also disagreed with Jess and discussed/debated it with her, but I never got the impression he treated her like he thought she was stupid, he just disagreed and joked around with her.  But at the same time, he's never been malicious like Paul, unless I've just missed it.  When he nominated Megan, he flat out said "I don't like you."  Fair enough, he doesn't have to like everyone.  He never terrorized her though.  He never followed her around and made her life miserable.  He never did what Paul and his cronies are doing.  Even if something happens and Cody and Jess are the next two out - I can't wait until they start eating their own.  That's the only reason to watch after that.  I don't give a shit who wins because they are all awful people.

ETA: I wasn't trying to call you out @peachmangosteen, it was just your post that was most recent and was easiest to quote.  I agree with what you said above. ;-)  I hope I portrayed that accurately.

Edited by Slider
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Primal Slayer said:

I just want Thursday to get here and for Jessica or Cody to win HoH so I can see some heads roll!

It would make the game more interesting. They annoy the heck out of me but if they could put Paul in his place I'd be happy.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I felt you all needed to see this.

She would never ever reach call backs on any of the dancing shows such as SoYouThinkYouCanDance.

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, Slider said:

Yes, but it never gets aired out like it should in the finale, and I am always disappointed that the houseguests that were complete assholes never get theirs.  They are never caught in their lies with tape playback, and they never get America's true opinion of them until it's well over and done with and everyone has moved on.  I'm never satisfied with how the finales end up.  They always suck because things are left unsaid.

No but once in awhile you get an awesome moment immediately following the finale like this.

• Love 6