Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

Would someone please explain Alex's extreme hate for Kevin?  According to this link he allegedly belittled her/picked fights with her but I never saw that.

As was shown on Friday's flashback episode, there was one fight - but it initially started between Kevin and Matt, and Alex inserted herself into it.  So I hardly think it qualifies, especially since the Kevin-sized chip on Alex's shoulder had already demonstrated prior to that particular little dust-up.  Based upon so many of Alex's negative comments focusing on  Kevin's (relatively) advanced years, I got the distinct impression Alex was more than a little ageist - like an old man like Kevin had no right being on the show and taking up a slot which should have gone to a more able, deserving (read: younger) participant.

IMHO Kevin's outlasting Alex was one of the few redeeming parts of this season.

18 hours ago, Cutty said:

Don't forget Frankie "Social Media Mogul" Grande.

You'll pardon me if I forget FmfG every fucking chance I get.

• Love 8

I remember it being mentioned that Paul wasn't allowed to mention the name of the woman he was kind of seeing almost at the beginning of the season, and I noticed that he never did. It made me wonder if she actually existed.

The teary eyed day a few days ago was reported on Twitter as being about the California fires, and I think he aunt's house was affected. I wondered why they would even tell him if it was his aunt's house and not his, like Josh's family decided to not tell him about the hurricane and their evacuations. It may have been something his insane cousin Sevan tweeted, but I seriously cannot wade back into her timeline to find it; the girl is Ravenesque in her batshit craziness. She starts arguments with Paul's fans, who are tweeting supporting comments.

Speaking of Twitter, many days ago, I posted a clip of Alex saying that her mother said to clean up after herself because she (her mother) was not her n-word. Well, earlier, someone posted this screencap that was supposedly posted by Alex's family on her official BB Twitter account, but someone else said they couldn't find the actual tweets and others saying they were still there. I'm not wading through her timeline, either, but it sounds like more examples of why Alex is the way she is:

• Love 2

How hard is it to spell "sweetie"? Apparently it's more difficult than I thought. Unless whoever she was responding to was positively drenched in sweat...

I don't know about the legitimacy about that Twitter account. Whoever is running it in Alex's absence, if it is her account, sounds like a twelve year old. Which I know isn't saying much about how some people type on social media but still. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 4

I ended up contacting CBS myself about this whole "Only All Access subscribers can vote for AFP" situation and this is the response I got:

Untitled.jpg

So apparently it does sound like the vote is only for All Access subscribers. But they seem to be allowing non-subscribers to vote, so I'm confused. Are they just not counting those votes? If so, that's messed up lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Callaphera said:

How hard is it to spell "sweetie"? Apparently it's more difficult than I thought. Unless whoever she was responding to was positively drenched in sweat...

I don't know about the legitimacy about that Twitter account. Whoever is running it in Alex's absence, if it is her account, sounds like a twelve year old. Which I know isn't saying much about how some people type on social media but still. 

To be honest, I'm not convinced that is Alex's official account. The first tweet on that page is from around the time the cast was announced. Even though the account joined in 2015, I don't think it's an account run by Alex's family. A reply to some tweet says that the account might be run by her sister. If this really is the case, Alex might need to fire her sister. Apparently, her sister is five years younger. So, if she's 23, then she's an embarrassing 23 year old. I guess on par since Raven and Josh act pretty much like that Twitter account. But still, I'm 23 and know how to spell better, write with proper grammar, and more importantly, give better insults. 

2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I ended up contacting CBS myself about this whole "Only All Access subscribers can vote for AFP" situation and this is the response I got:

Untitled.jpg

So apparently it does sound like the vote is only for All Access subscribers. But they seem to be allowing non-subscribers to vote, so I'm confused. Are they just not counting those votes? If so, that's messed up lol.

Honestly, I'm very confused about that as well. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

That's pretty shitty of them. In one way, it's brilliant because how many people are going to sign up for their free trial of All Access, forget to cancel it before the month is up and get charged for an extra month. But in another way, it alienates the biggest part of their fanbase (the broadcast viewers) who may not want to pay for an All Access account. Damn, CBS. That's kinda shady. Even voting for DWTS is free! And you'd think the Mouse would be hungrier than Moonves. 

Unless they need the money for Julie's wardrobe because this season's looks has been yeuch for the most part. Or do they need to to pay those shitty Q tier celebrities we're going to get for Celeb BB?

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Nashville said:

As was shown on Friday's flashback episode, there was one fight - but it initially started between Kevin and Matt, and Alex inserted herself into it.  So I hardly think it qualifies, especially since the Kevin-sized chip on Alex's shoulder had already demonstrated prior to that particular little dust-up.  Based upon so many of Alex's negative comments focusing on  Kevin's (relatively) advanced years, I got the distinct impression Alex was more than a little ageist - like an old man like Kevin had no right being on the show and taking up a slot which should have gone to a more able, deserving (read: younger) participant.

Alex IMO is one of those women (I want to call her a girl because of her immaturity but she is 28) who is very mean to anyone outside her comfort zone. Kevin was older, with a weird sense of humor, and Alex just couldn't handle that so therefore she treated him like crap.

I also think she thought being mean to Kevin would earn her brownie points with Paul. 

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Untitled.jpg

They get hits on the site for all who vote so they don't want to stop non subscribers from voting, even though they will not be counted.  If they wanted this to be known Julie would have announced it.  

P.S. I said I will happily take my lumps if I was wrong about needing an All Access account to vote, so go ahead and lump me. 

Also, I'll just pretend that one of you lovely American posters threw a couple of votes Mark and Jillian's way (and the one for Raven that apparently didn't count) because there's no way in hell that I'm running down to the store to buy an Amex pre-paid credit card which is the only way to get around the "must be U.S. resident" qualifications. (In case other Canadians don't know, Amex pre-paid is the only card that doesn't charge an international exchange fee - though it still does charge you exchange rate - and doesn't ping on the CBS system as a not-American card.)

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

According to their last Tweet on Josh's account 4 days ago, they're still in New York. 

They were probably waiting until their power was back on.  My friends in Miami have theirs back.  There was minimal damage there.   

Edited by wings707

I voted for Kevin today (I have CBS All Access) just to annoy the Final 3. LOL!!! I voted for Mark yesterday & Cody before that. I don't really have a personal fan favorite. Although, I did like Mark when his back against the wall. I'm thinking it's really between Kevin & Cody. It's pretty amazing since Cody is the first jury member and hasn't been in the house in ages. Of course, Kevin made the Final 3 and the broadcast viewers will remember him better. It will be interesting if the Top 3 are announced. I suspect the Final 3 will be a little shocked. 

• Love 1

I would love to hear some hard hitting questions in the back yard interviews.   Loved the guy who broke it to Aaryn that her modeling agency dropped her.  Good job whoever you are.  

Some questions for this year:

For Alex and Hug your Hairdresser Day- How does it feel to be part of the worst season of BB ever?   

Paul- What was the purpose of isolating and attacking the next HG to go? 

Cody- How do you feel about winning AFP?  <crickets> 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, wings707 said:

I would love to hear some hard hitting questions in the back yard interviews.   Loved the guy who broke it to Aaryn that her modeling agency dropped her.  Good job whoever you are.  

Some questions for this year:

For Alex and Hug your Hairdresser Day- How does it feel to be part of the worst season of BB ever?   

Paul- What was the purpose of isolating and attacking the next HG to go? 

Cody- How do you feel about winning AFP?  <crickets> 

I know Rob Cesternino (RHAP) is going to be in the backyard. He is going to ask the HG questions from his listeners. I'm not exactly sure who is the CBS interviewer is going to be. Jeff Schroeder always did them but now he's not part of the show anymore. 

• Love 1

Backyard interviews are about as lame as DR sessions now but I will totally be in love with anyone who asks Jason about the multiple rape comments he made in the house. 

Just now, ByaNose said:

Jeff Schroeder always did them but now he's not part of the show anymore. 

I never thought I'd see a day when that sentence could be uttered but thank fucking God for small favours. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 6
Just now, ByaNose said:

I know Rob Cesternino (RHAP) is going to be in the backyard. He is going to ask the HG questions from his listeners. I'm not exactly sure who is the CBS interviewer is going to be. Jeff Schroeder always did them but now he's not part of the show anymore. 

Oh joy, oh rapture, Jeff is gone! I had forgotten that!  Thanks. 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Rbonnie said:

I just sit here and I'm so confused at people in the house and how they think.  Cody is a real man.  Cody has all this life experience, he has a child, and at least one past broken relationship. Cody has lost a brother. Cody has served for us in the military many times. Cody has a job he despises, selling door to door. I feel for Cody on so many levels. Many reasons to be stressed, yet in the house he never has lost his temper or bullied anyone.   Is he the nicest most friendly guy you ever met? No.. he is rude and says a mean jab here or there. Although I feel he's been provoked...  But Paul.  Paul is a coddled spoiled rich boy who is adored and given everything by his parents.  There's nothing wrong with being rich, who wouldn't want to be rich?  I'm just talking about his life experiences. He lives at home with them in this splendid mansion, fiddles around designing clothes, playing in a band, putting glitter in his gross beard,  whatever he likes to do, he does.  Apparently it's been quite a smooth ride for Paul.  So I don't get why he is such a freaking horrible mean lying repulsive feral bully. And I don't understand why all the HG gravitate to him, and try to please him and do his bidding, rather than Cody. I would choose Cody any day over Paul.  Is it the modicum of "fame" Paul has because he's been on the show before? Is that more meaningful to these people than the life that Cody is living?  I do not understand it st all.  I hope upon leaving here that Cody has a happy life going forward, perhaps with Jessica, idk, but I wish him well.  I don't think Paul needs any good luck wishes from me. His life seems to be just ducky, and sadly I think he's about to become half a million richer.  What's worse too is he's about to salve that ego which is so bruised from not winning last year. 

Well this is where you can tell most BB contestants are really different than "regular people." They are starstruck by Paul's tales of those reality tv fan meet and greet events and those weekends in Vegas and cruises. They think that by being close to Paul they'll be a part of that. For most "regular people" who cares about a weekend where you might be some other reality TV D-listers in Florida? But to them it's very important.

I also find it interesting that BB17 IMO had one of the most likable casts around. No one was perfect and some have become reality TV famewhores (cough James cough) most of them have slipped quietly back into regular life. We rarely hear about what Steve, Johnny Mac, Vanessa, Becky, et al. are doing. Sometimes they make an occasional appearance at an event but you can tell that BB didn't/doesn't define them. Johnny Mac makes goofy YT videos but as I said, they're all gainfully employed and are not circling the drain of reality TV weekends.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

They think that by being close to Paul they'll be a part of that.

I think you hit the nail on the head right there. And these people care more about becoming known or being around others who are known, than they do about winning the game and bringing that money home to help their families.  I think social media has changed the dynamic totally since the beginning of this show.

• Love 8
On 15/09/2017 at 2:00 AM, SiobhanJW said:

In news that shocks NO ONE- Paul won the first part of the HoH. It was some kind of hanging thing- Josh dropped after 15 minutes and Paul & Christmas hung on for another 30 or so minutes afterwards. 

Part 2 will be Josh v Christmas on a Saturday as per them talking on the feeds. 

No matter what Josh says he'll take Paul to the end, and so will Boxing Day.

• Love 2

As far as the CBS account for voting, I signed up a few seasons back for CBS.com access, never paid for nothing. I get 20 votes every day and they stop me at 20 votes.

So, are you telling me mine don't count and I am wasting my time?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Happy to hear about Rob doing backyard interviews. The guy not only cracks me up but he cracks himself up. I do enjoy his podcasts and he has always done his homework. The fact that he knows what is going on, outside the broadcast show, makes it like he is one of us. I love his sarcasm but I think it will be lost on the more delusional HG's ( cough, Raven).

• Love 3
1 minute ago, busterfla said:

As far as the CBS account for voting, I signed up a few seasons back for CBS.com access, never paid for nothing. I get 20 votes every day and they stop me at 20 votes.

No, they corrected that, so you can't vote 100 times, only twenty. Do they count? Your guess is as good as mine...

16 minutes ago, busterfla said:

Yes, that is what they are saying.  If you are not a paid subscriber your votes will not count but you can vote.  Lol  And yes, you are wasting your time.  

17 minutes ago, Hello Lady said:

No matter what Josh says he'll take Paul to the end, and so will Boxing Day.

Martin Luther King day will not be in a position to choose.  The final comp is between Josh and Paul and the winner of that does the picking. 

Josh will choose Paul because he believes Paul when he emphasizes [continually] neither of them can win against her.  

Edited by wings707

I would love the DR to help Josh with his quandary of who to take if he is faced with that choice.  I do believe that production would love to see a shake up in this disaster of a season.  

Edited by wings707
26 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Yes, that is what they are saying.  If you are not a paid subscriber your votes will not count but you can vote.  Lol  And yes, you are wasting your time.  

Martin Luther King day will not be in a position to choose.  The final comp is between Josh and Paul and the winner of that does the picking. 

Josh will choose Paul because he believes Paul when he emphasizes [continually] neither of them can win against her.  

Did Josh win part two?

10 minutes ago, Lamima said:

Did Josh win part two?

That will be played today, so no.  

I am assuming Josh will win the second one and my posts are reflecting that.  I should be clear. 

Edited by wings707
8 minutes ago, wings707 said:

That will be played today, so no.  

I am assuming Josh will win the second one and my posts are reflecting that.  I should be clear on that. 

I think you are absolutely right. Krampus will throw it or "not try very hard". She wants her boy to win and is convinced that will only happen against Josh. Crazy.

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Lamima said:

I think you are absolutely right. Krampus will throw it or "not try very hard". She wants her boy to win and is convinced that will only happen against Josh. Crazy.

She even said she would be happy with 3rd place.  I didn't think she meant that, at first, but now I think maybe.  

Just now, wings707 said:

She even said she would be happy with 3rd place.  I didn't think she meant that, at first, but now I think maybe.  

So ... will Paul have to throw final HoH so he doesn't have to evict her? Because even though she said she's fine with third place I think if Paul actually evicts her she'll be hurt. She really loves the guy now.

1 minute ago, missyb said:

Josh or Paul will win against Xmas. She has rubbed too many jury members the wrong way. For some reason Paul gets a pass but not Xmas.

Well part of it is sexism and Halloween's personality (aggressive, threatening, shrill) are less accepted in a woman. But part of it I think is that when Halloween broke her leg and came back after surgeries the house was nothing but nice and supportive to her. And I think many in the jury might feel that she repaid their kindness by screaming at them, harassing them, threatening them, calling themselves all sorts of names, all because Paul Manson told her to do so.

I've never seen any HG piss away so much goodwill.

• Love 5
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 7:19 AM, Vixenstud said:

Heh, read that link somewhere else.

Would someone please explain Alex's extreme hate for Kevin?  According to this link he allegedly belittled her/picked fights with her but I never saw that.

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 7:36 AM, Lady Calypso said:

She's delusional, in my opinion. Kevin never picked a fight with her, unless it was in a joking manner. Alex, I think, is just reading things wrong or looking for reasons to hate Kevin. 

She also said picking fights with Mark was fun. I don't remember seeing the fun aspects with Pillowgate. 

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 7:41 AM, wings707 said:

It was sport for her.  She loved trashing people!  A perfect example, Kevin just empties the trash because he thinks it will make him look cool.  She got no response from Flag Day or Josh, who were present.  That even floored them.  

I have to believe this is a reflection of her real life.  You can't just decide you love to demean and harass people out of the blue. 

8 hours ago, Nashville said:

I hadn't even gotten around to reading the interview with Alex until now, so I just went back and picked a few of the comments here to quote and agree with (I agree with all of the opinions expressed above!), but I'm sure other folks had great things to say as well.

I can't express strongly enough how glad I am that Alex got booted out.   I just... can't stand her.   She is awful.  She is so immature (seriously acts like she is a teenager when she is actually close to 30), myopic and just generally mean.... and delusional.  She is almost as delusional about Kevin's actions in the house as Raven is about how she was the puppet master and one of Paul's #1 alliance members.

I did not start out watching the season as someone who disliked Alex and liked Kevin, or vice versa.  I had no dog in the fight at first.  I thought Alex seemed a bit immature, but she seemed like a decent person at the beginning of the season.   Kevin seemed like a colorful character who was probably a different sort of guy than what most of the houseguests were used to in their everyday lives, so it was inevitable that some folks would take to him and some would dislike him. 

But then... all of a sudden, it's like a switch flipped in Alex and she locked into this extreme, irrational Kevin hate, and would not let it go.  She was obsessed.   Day after day, she carried on and on and on about the evils of Kevin.  If Kevin stayed away from all of them and kept to himself, she bashed him (as did the rest of them).  If Kevin tried to interact and hang out with them, she bashed him and mocked him.  If he helped with chores, she bashed him.  If he didn't do anything to help, she bashed him.  She threw out the pre-made slop (which, admittedly, Kevin should have learned how to make for himself) because she felt it was her place to force Kevin to learn to make it and for her to instruct everyone else to not baby him.    If the conversation wasn't even about Kevin, Alex would find a way to steer it back to Kevin.

And when I began to notice that she was going on and on and on about Kevin, as a viewer I began to also notice all of the instances when he wasn't really doing anything to deserve the hate spewed from Alex, and yet she thought he was behind everything going wrong in the house.  I could see that she was completely misreading what was happening, and just blowing things way out of proportion.   That made me want to root for Kevin a little bit more, and made me want Alex out of the house right away.  

Her current perception and account of what Kevin was doing to her in the house is just insane to me.  I read it and I think, "OK... she is obviously not playing with a full deck."  Alex has absolutely no ability to look at the situation in a rational way, or even consider that she could have been wrong.

Jason said the one thing he didn't like about Alex was her meanness, and that she is just so mean.  Christmas (not always a pleasant person herself) said that Alex is really vicious.   If Alex knew that they thought that of her, she might even proudly wear it as a badge of honor instead of taking a step back and trying to see things through someone else's eyes.

I think Alex resented Kevin for his age, and she resented Kevin because she didn't 'understand' his sort of personality and vibe.  She is not used to being around people like that, and so she perceives what she doesn't understand as a threat to her, and decides to be the one to attack first.  And then later, of course, she tells everyone that Kevin hates her because she keeps telling him she can't stand him.    It's like she delighted in making him hate her.    Kevin just wanted peace in the house after a certain point.  He didn't want to be engaged in those kinds of battles for the entire season.  He didn't like Alex, and he didn't understand why she hated him so much, but he wasn't actively, knowingly, doing anything to her or against her.  He even told Jason to stick by Alex in case Kevin left before Jason left!

• Love 10

I am shocked! The finale is on September 20th and Rosh Hashanah begins at sundown on that night. Julie Chen is married to Les Moonves. Do they not celebrate and as the head of CBS he had the ability to schedule the finale a day earlier. 

if Paul takes Josh to f2 and not her, Passover may have a real meltdown on live TV. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

So ... will Paul have to throw final HoH so he doesn't have to evict her? Because even though she said she's fine with third place I think if Paul actually evicts her she'll be hurt. She really loves the guy now.

I don't think he would dare do that.  

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Doubtful.  Paul knows the F3 evictee has no interaction with the rest of the Jury prior to Finale Night, so they can't poison the Jury against him -  and I think Paul would consider losing that one Jury vote a reasonable trade-off against the certainty of making F2. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, DakotaLavender said:

I am shocked! The finale is on September 20th and Rosh Hashanah begins at sundown on that night. Julie Chen is married to Les Moonves. Do they not celebrate and as the head of CBS he had the ability to schedule the finale a day earlier. 

if Paul takes Josh to f2 and not her, Passover may have a real meltdown on live TV. 

Many people no longer embrace the religion of their youth/family.   In my life there is no one who does!  LOL  Jews and Christians alike. 

Edited by wings707
17 minutes ago, DakotaLavender said:

I was originally confused by your post because I thought you were referring to Christmas Joy as Rosh Hashanah!

• Love 16
9 hours ago, Nashville said:

I think that Alex was also suspicious of the relationship that Jason had with Kevin, which made her dislike Kevin. Jason and Kevin were pretty close from the beginning and I don't think Alex was too crazy about that scenario. I really think because Jason was her "ride or die" that just insert name here for anyone close to Jason and she would hate them. Except for the her god, Paul, of course, but Jason rightfully never fully trusted him. 

Edited by burgerbitz
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, burgerbitz said:

I think that Alex was also suspicious of the relationship that Jason had with Kevin, which made her dislike Kevin. Jason and Kevin were pretty close from the beginning and I don't think Alex was too crazy about that scenario. I really think because Jason was her "ride or die" that just insert name here for anyone close to Jason and she would hate them. Except for the her god, Paul, of course, but Jason rightfully never trusted him. 

I think this is exactly it.   Paul saw Alex/Jason/Kevin as a voting block and got into Alex's head with fake reasons to hate Kevin, also. 

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, OldWiseOne said:

I was originally confused by your post because I thought you were referring to Christmas Joy as Rosh Hashanah!

She will be "Passover," in the literal sense, on finale night when she does not go to f2. After the show, I may tweet her and suggest she legally change her first name to one more fitting.

Edited by DakotaLavender
  • Love 8
Just now, Sandycat said:

I think Flag Day's main goal is to be invited back

I agree and I bet she will be.  

@peachmangosteen, I thought I was done with my food obsessions.  Well no.  I have had avocado toast 3 days running now.  Delicious.  I always eat them but never put them on toast.  I have broken my one bad carb a week rule.  Fuck you Paul. 

Some think the comp today will be mental with a physical component.   Anyone remember past seasons? 

3 hours ago, Rbonnie said:

I just sit here and I'm so confused at people in the house and how they think.  Cody is a real man.  Cody has all this life experience, he has a child, and at least one past broken relationship. Cody has lost a brother. Cody has served for us in the military many times. Cody has a job he despises, selling door to door. I feel for Cody on so many levels. Many reasons to be stressed, yet in the house he never has lost his temper or bullied anyone.

OMG!  I disagree with so much in that statement.  Cody is not a REAL man, he's a bully who did not get his way.  He thought he could just ride into the house and mow everyone down by his awesomeness.  When his plan did not work out he picked up his toys and hid in his room.  I have military people in my family but they usually are in it for the long haul.  Not one of them would go on a gameshow and besmirch the good name of whatever branch they are from.  Oddly enough these people are the kindest, most honest people I know.  He is has none of these qualities, none of which were shown anyways.  He has a job he despises?  Welcome to the real world of work and family.  Most of us channel that despise into college and a change of career.  He has lost his temper over and over and he was a bully.  What really kills me is that he mentioned he only sees his child during the summer and yet gave that up to play a game.  What a great dad!

I agree with you about Paul 100%.  I can't stand either of them and can't stand most of the house.

• Love 8