Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Yeah... it sounds like Kevin was doing the bookkeeping for his dad. So I think he was in it deeper than the surface story sounds. 

Only way the authorities could seize Kevin's house would be if evidence existed showing the money used to purchase or pay for the house were proceeds from illegal activities such as drug sales.

So either (a) Kevin's father gave them a drug-money-derived loan at some point to either buy the house or help out with the payments, or (b) Kevin worked for his father, making his entire paycheck from his father (and whatever on which the money was spent) suspect.

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Nashville said:

Only way the authorities could seize Kevin's house would be if evidence existed showing the money used to purchase or pay for the house was were proceeds from illegal activities.

So either (a) Kevin's father gave them a drug-money-derived loan at some point to either buy the house or help out with the payments, or (b) Kevin worked for his father, making his entire paycheck from his father (and whatever on which the money was spent) suspect.

Or his dad held the note. 

• Love 3

From the few short news articles about the father that I've seen, it seems like the family probably knew about the business. The father had a full-on mafia nickname, "The Cheese," and I believe they only didn't bring up charges against Kevin's mother because of lack of evidence she was involved. 

From what I remember/could piece together, he was dealing in the neighborhood, and left his house in the care of someone while he was away who knew of his illegal activities. He had a stash in the house and a plan to get rid of it if the authorities ever came, but he wasn't there - so they found that along with a notebook of his clients. Apparently someone who was angry at him for enabling his addiction, taking tens of thousands of dollars from him, and a vacation (?!) turned him in. I think the family petitioned to get him out of prison eventually, arguing that 10 years for a 70-something year old man in poor health was a life sentence.

I read this all before the season started, so it's a little foggy. 

ETA: I found some of what I had read:

Client sticks nose in trial: Seniors were coke dealers

Couple, 69, convicted of cocaine trafficking

Sickly gramps goes home for drug appeal

Edited by mooses
1 hour ago, watch2much said:

yeah, but I'm choosing "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" rationale.  I loathe Paul so I'll tolerate Cody.  Unfortunately, a lot of people (even high ranking politicians) think this about global warming.

Isn't it climate change now. Before that, the ice age was coming. The climate is always changing btw.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

What does Cody think about climate change? I missed it. I'm stereotyping that as law-and-order type he is in denial...but that could be my bad.

He thinks the Earth is only 6000 years young, so... 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

What does Cody think about climate change? I missed it. I'm stereotyping that as law-and-order type he is in denial...but that could be my bad.

It is bad to stereotype...but in this case you would be right.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

OK, I see my prejudices were sadly confirmed, LOL. Thanks!

I honestly had to Google to see if this was a popular theory. I didn't know people thought that. I've learned a lot today and I'm only on my second cup of coffee. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

I don't know, I would think that Mark should only throw the HoH if it is to Jess or Cody. Mark is third on the list to be voted out so he needs to keep them in the house. Mark needs the numbers on the other side to diminish and that only happens if Cody, Jess or he wins the HoH.

If he does win, he puts up Paul and Christmas, the head of the hydra, and hopes that none of the other folks end up on the block after losing the temptation competition.  I think that Matt and Kevin might be less solidly in Paul's camp then it appears. Kevin wants to stay in the game and make as much money as possible. He is not participating full throttle in Paul's ridiculous antics and plans. Kevin walks out of Paul's lectures and has been willing to talk to Jessica. I think Kevin would love the opportunity to vote out Paul.

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Right now Paul is gonna stay no matter who he's against, but it's important for almost everyone that they get out one of his bigger minions. You have to start chipping away at his power so that eventually you can get rid of him. There are people who want to do it but they're afraid because so many people are up his ass and no one wants to take the first shot at him for fear that everyone will go against them. Honestly I think that since you can't get Paul the best bet is Matt. He is a big Paul ass kisser plus he's more liked by others than most of the other minions. He's also more likely than Josh/Christmas/Raven/Elena to start winning comps. Alex would also be a really good bet, because without her Kevin and Jason almost certainly deflect from Paul.

I don't think Mark is ready to put up Paul yet. He still doesn't see he's the root of all his problems. Christmas is his Big Evil at the moment, and he's talking a lot lately about Alex stirring the pot and the one who's questioning his relationship with Jody the most. Christmas is in big trouble if it's a Mark HOH. He's dying to get her out. I can't really think of someone she'd stay against besides one of Jess/Cody/Mark/Elena. And, it'd be an easy to send her home  and look like a "good guy" by saying she can go home and heal.

I can't think of anyone Paul might go home against. Maybe Raven, since she's annoying everyone but is obviously less of a competitor than Paul, and Alex would be interesting because you'd have Jason/Kevin campaigning for her to stay (although she'd definitely go home) - assuming there's campaigning and game talk going on without Paul, so that's probably wishful thinking. If Elena/Mark/Jessica/Cody win HOH, IMO they really should go for Raven/Matt/Alex over Christmas, who can't really compete doesn't have strong place in the House or any real, true allies. 

Mark is going hard for HOH, and he should - he's in serious danger this week. Paul seems to be protecting Elena since she hopped back to him (although Christmas told Kevin she doesn't believe Elena's really back with them), but he's grooming her for a Mark eviction. And I could definitely see Paul switching the target to Mark over Jessica/Cody since Jessica/Cody are big targets in from of him and basically blacklisted as allies.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Artsda said:

Apparently the orders are once Jess and Cody are out, throw it to Josh.

I thought I heard last night that they want to throw the HoH to Josh TOMORROW so he can get rid of Jess for them. Plus they think it would be hilarious, which it would be.

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

A Paul vs Alex nomination would make it harder to keep Paul and could make his attacks more vicious but I am not so certain that Alex is really that much of a loss to Matt and Raven and Josh.

Alex isn't a loss to those people, but those people will never get off Paul's dick anyway. Kevin and Jason are the only Paulettes that I believe might try to directly challenge Paul, but they are closely aligned with Alex and for some reason they let her make the decisions for them as a group so with her gone I think they might actually do something about Paul.

2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

When I think of Paul, I think of the saying:  Born on third base and thought he hit a triple. 

2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I've never heard that phrase before and I'm in love with it.

Right! That is great, man. I'm definitely stealing it.

32 minutes ago, TimWil said:

I thought I heard last night that they want to throw the HoH to Josh TOMORROW so he can get rid of Jess for them.

Yea, they talked about throwing HOH to Josh tomorrow, but only if Jess and Cody are out of the comp.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

Well, I'm certainly rooting for Cody/Jessica to win HOH this week, because I don't want Paul to have nice things, and I want one of these asshats to cry their way home with no jury house money!  But after that, they can both go.  Reading about them on Jokers the past few days just reminded me why I thought they both sucked in the first place. 

But a crapshoot?  Y'all better get ready for a Raven HOH now.  Because it is GOING to happen.

• Love 11

Cody/Jessica are in their bed, a large majority of everyone else are in the bedroom is the black beds.  Now they just switched to Matt who was apparently just sitting up in the HOH room by himself.  

Raven:  "Don't piss on me and tell me it's raining."  Ok, Raven.  As long as you promise not to tell us about your horrible digestive disease while you continue to shovel total junk into your maw.

• Love 5

Feeds options:

Cam 1/2: Raven and Matt

Cam 3/4: A fairly quite Cody and Jess

Matt asks Raven who thinks Jody would put up if they win HOH - would they put up the same person?  They think no.

Matt thinks:

Cody - Paul Josh

Jessica - Paul Alex/Raven

Raven thinks they would try to back door paul

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TimWil said:

I thought I heard last night that they want to throw the HoH to Josh TOMORROW so he can get rid of Jess for them. Plus they think it would be hilarious, which it would be.

Yes, that is what I heard, too. 

41 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

Well, I'm certainly rooting for Cody/Jessica to win HOH this week, because I don't want Paul to have nice things, and I want one of these asshats to cry their way home with no jury house money!  But after that, they can both go.  Reading about them on Jokers the past few days just reminded me why I thought they both sucked in the first place. 

But a crapshoot?  Y'all better get ready for a Raven HOH now.  Because it is GOING to happen.

Ugh, totally. I would just love the arrogance of the Paulliance to be taken down a peg with a Jessica/Cody HOH this week- but then I'm ready to lose the constant Jody cam. 

And they had the perfect opportunity last week (and possibly this week with the Temptation competition) to make a change, and they didn't! Their position in the game is their fault, but the way they've been treated isn't for the most part.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

Take that back! 

I agree on the rest. 

47 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

My feelings about this are best expressed through a direct quote from Raven earlier in the week.

Raven: "Welcome to Gastroparesis Hell!"

• Love 7

Matt: "To think that Cody could potentially get a jury spot over someone like Alex, or potentially get a jury spot over Jason, or Kevin, or someone that deserves to be here and played a good game, that has done what they were supposed to do is really..."

Ravel: "Upsetting."

Matt: "At this point, if [Jess] uses the Hex she's sacrificing everybody's jury spot." 

Raven: "It's very selfish."

And then Raven complains that they aren't even trying! 

These are just these two idiots talking with each other, so it's not like they're sucking up to Paul or the other HGs. They really think Jess and Cody should just go home because they want - no, they deserve - a jury spot. 

Edited by mooses
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, mooses said:

Matt: "To think that Cody could potentially get a jury spot over someone like Alex, or potentially get a jury spot over Jason, or Kevin, or someone that deserves to be here and played a good game, that has done what they were supposed to do is really..."

Ravel: "Upsetting."

Matt: "At this point, if [Jess] uses the Hex she's sacrificing everybody's jury spot." 

Raven: "It's very selfish."

And then Raven complains that they aren't even trying! 

These are just these two idiots talking with each other, so it's not like they're sucking up to Paul or the other HGs. They really think Jess and Cody should just go home because they want - no, they deserve - a jury spot. 

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

• Love 1

Raven bringing Christmas' foot about her again, patting herself on the back for how deeply she feels for her. "I know ten years or five years, it's still going to affect her. It will never not affect her. I know that...She's going to have days where she's like, 'Man, I wish that never happened. I wish my foot was never broken.'"

Um...duh? You don't need two hearts to realize that!

Edited by mooses
  • Love 6

Oh Christmas, shut up.  Her soap box grandiosity about how it will be when she has kids, is sending parents into spasms of laughter.  Oh now Paul in on the topic!  Jason made some sense when he offered the question, do you think a child will change your life for better or worse?  He never got to expound on where I think he was going.   Oh now everyone is in on it other than the two men who actually have kids!  Kevin has a lot of control. 

Oh gag and my only other option is Raven and Matt.  Thank you @mooses  for taking one for the team.

1 hour ago, mooses said:

Um...duh? You don't need two hearts to realize that!

If you are Raven you do.  It takes at least two hearts to think of someone besides herself. Unless, you know, she thinks it makes her look soooooooo compassionate.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 1

Random thought, but Kevin may be the first Big Brother player ever to actually understand what a "fun fact " is -- or at least to be fun enough to have accumulated some. (I'm sure we've chewed this bio over, but it's been a while.) 

Fun facts about yourself:
- I was Mr. Massachusetts in 1986
- I have a birthmark in my eye
- I was on The Geraldo Rivera Show and won a hunk contest
- I was the dunk champion for the city of Boston in 1981
- I come from a family of seven children and I have seven children

• Love 10

Jody was having a very nice conversation about food.  Cody said that Raven is getting better, her chicken is cooked though now.  LOL  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 7

The minute I saw Kevin, knew his stay at home dad story was a cover.  

Glad to see E news report the bullying.  CBS will now have to show it.  

I'd love to see Paul and Alex on the block.  That pairing is the best bet for the house taking sides and Paul going home.   But, it still is a long shot. 

Crapshoot HOH comp is no bueno.  Damn BB can you just throw us a bone?

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Oh Christmas, shut up.  Her soap box grandiosity about how it will be when she has kids, is sending parents into spasms of laughter.  Oh now Paul in on the topic!  Jason made some sense when he offered the question, do you think a child will change your life for better or worse?  He never got to expound on where I think he was going.   Oh now everyone is in on it other than the two men who actually have kids!  Kevin has a lot of control. 

Oh gag and my only other option is Raven and Matt.  Thank you @mooses  for taking one for the team.

Ah man, we all have such big plans before kids. You should have heard me talk about how I might get bored during maternity leave and how much I was going to get done. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

There was a BB version where the jury members were sequestered in the house, but in a closed-off area where they could not interact with anyone still in the game. BB USA should do this and give them have-not conditions including cold showers and slop. Make jury a NOT fun place to be!

I dunno. Those cheesy "oh, we're just sitting here making crappy beaded necklaces like we're five so we can pretend we're surprised when the next juror walks in" scenes are hilarious. I would honestly pay twice as much for a live feed of the jurors during arts and crafts time. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, gunderda said:

I just read on another site that there will not be another BBOT this year - possibly not ever :( 

I just found an article about this. Too bad because after this Paul summer shitshow I was hoping to make it all better with OTT. But, it's not out of the question for later in the year. 

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/big-brother/big-brother-over-the-top-wont-65591.aspx

From the article:

However, the door is not closed for anyone who hopes to see Big Brother: Over the Top season 2. DeBevoise said that "we are looking at what to do next for that show." So it might return, just at a different time during the year, or it may be cancelled for good

• Love 1

Do you mean in jury or in the house?  In jury, I believe they do have some of that stuff.  They don't do it in the house because they don't want any distractions from the paranoia and game talk.  And it's excruciating for us live feeders to watch them play cards all day!  The pool table is bad enough. 

• Love 3

Can someone please explain why the female minions - Raven, Elena, Christmas - are constantly rubbing Paul's back or shoulders, or just cradling him like a baby?   I'd probably gag if I had to touch that little bridge troll.

• Love 14
42 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

I'd love to see Paul and Alex on the block.

I want this so very badly. Like that would be such a fun week watching Paul throw Alex utb at every turn while she defends him to everyone. LMAO!

41 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Paul thinks all drugs should be legal. To help educate people.

Paul is a fucking walking cliche. It's amazing.

27 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

It's not that different from the house. I never understood why didn't give them boardgames or books to read. 

I'm pretty sure they can read in jury. And they can watch DVDs. I don't know if they have board games, but I figure they did. Or if they don't I bet they'd let them have them if they asked.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

Mark: "How do you feel about Paul?"

Jason: "Paul knows this game. Paul wants to win this game. Do I think I can beat Paul? No. That guy has got a mind like a f-ing steel trap. I think he remembers every single thing. That guy's sharp as a f-ing tack...Until shit happens...if you talk before it happens, then people twist your words."

Edited by mooses
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, mooses said:

Mark: "How do you feel about Paul?"

Jason: "Paul knows this game. Paul wants to win this game. Do I think I can beat Paul? No. That guy has got a mind like a f-ing steel trap. I think he remembers every single thing. That guy's sharp as a f-ing tack...Until shit happens...if you talk before it happens, then people twist your words."

He also has a bunch of lousy HG to play against..

• Love 1

The sad thing is I don't think this was a really terrible cast before Paul got thrown in. I don't know why Grodner likes the bring back these no1curr vets. My favorite seasons are the ones with zero veterans. BB6, BB10, and BB17 will always be my faves. 

ETA: I meant BB17 not 15. Lol 15 was so awful it caused me to skip 16. 

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Born on third base and thought he hit a triple

That came from Ann Richards, the Texas governor before George W. Bush, referring to him in a speech.  She held him in high esteem ?

• Love 7