Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

Alex is helping Jason make cookies out of slop. She has a piece of paper of things the HN's are allowed to eat, and Matt came in and was getting Diet Coke and salad dressing she told him kind of loudly he couldn't drink that. She was trying to help, he got all pissy about it and said they can see, he's not hiding. He gave some excuse about calories and how the coke and the dressing he was getting has none.  She told him he should read this piece of paper and he acts offended over it and repeats again they can see.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Matt tried to drink diet coke and Alex had to tell him he can't. He then proceeded to look at the list and see that diet coke wasn't on there and yet he continued to drink it. And now he's trying to use ranch and Alex's trying to tell him he's not allowed. He said, "I'm not trying to hide it. If I can't do it they can tell me," and then the feeds cut away. Like Matt just read the instructions you were given, bud. 

ETA: Apparently he's been drinking diet coke all day. I'm gonna need BB to punish him tbh. Matt you're not above having to follow the rules of HNs.

Audrey is dying while watching the feeds and remembering when they all sat on her and shoved a piece of pizza down her throat when she was a HN. 

Penalty nom! Extra week of HN status!

Honestly, diet Coke is kinda gross anyway. Maybe it should be on the allowed list of the HNs. Aspartame, blech.

• Love 6
(edited)

I love Diet Coke with every fiber of my being and would be super sad to be a have not. 

I think slop is not just oatmeal. Seems houseguests have commented in past seasons that they thought it would just be oatmeal but it had other stuff in it and is gross.

I may not be cut out to be a feed subscriber. Every time I check the feeds it seems like someone is picking their nose or talking with a full mouth or blowing their nose without turning off the mic. It turns my stomach!

Edited by Michichick
  • Love 3
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Michichick said:

I love Diet Coke with every fiber of my being and would be super sad to be a have not. 

I think slop is not just oatmeal. Seems houseguests have commented in past seasons that they thought it would just be oatmeal but it had other stuff in it and is gross.

From the Big Brother Wikia page on Slop

It has been speculated that Slop is really Bill Pearl's High Protein Oatmeal - Unsweetened, which has enough essential vitamins, nutrients, and proteins for the houseguests to maintain a healthy diet. It has also been speculated that Slop is a soy-lent mixture, which also contains the necessary nutrients for a healthy diet.

Apparently there was a Youtube video that went up before this season started that shows how slop is made but it says it's unavailable. It may be because I'm Canadian. 

Ooh, and there's this that lists the ingredients. Which are:

Natural oats, proprietary blend of whey protein concentrate, soy protein isolate, wheat protein isolate, milk protein isolate, natural and artificial flavors, vitamins and minerals (vitamin A palmitate, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, pyridoxine hydrochloride, cyanocobalamin, vitamin D3, alpha tocopherol, niacin, biotin, pantothenic acid, calcium carbonate, magnesium oxide, zinc oxide, copper gluconate, manganese sulfate, ferrous sulfate, folic acid, potassium iodide), cellulose gum, salt and acesulfame potassium

Sounds fucking delicious. Not. 

ETA: 

LOOKING ON THE BRIGHT SIDE, THESE ARE THE ONLY CONDIMENTS YOU MAY ADD TO SLOP: balsamic vinegar, olive oil, red wine vinegar, rice vinegar, vegetable oil, hot sauce, ketchup, BBQ sauce, mayonnaise, mustard, pickles, relish, salsa, soy sauce, steak sauce, Worcestershire sauce, honey, black pepper, garlic salt, crushed red pepper, salt, vanilla, basil, bay leaves, cinnamon, leaf oregano, paprika, parsley, rosemary, brown sugar, artificial sweetener, powdered creamer, white sugar, tea and protein powder

I've found that if you cover something in enough hot sauce, it becomes tasty enough to eat. Although looking through that list, I could think of some good combinations... Maybe CBS and Food Network should do a crossover event. The Next Iron Big Brother Slop Chef. Hosted by Alton Brown and Chenbot. The panel of judges could be two chefs and a rotating third seat of a former BB HG who was a HN at least once after the glory of the peanut butter and jelly sandwich days. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 7

Does anyone know who are the top contenders for the next Den of Temptation?  Right now, I'm throwing my votes to Alex.  Really, I just want someone on the opposite side of the house to get it.

• Love 1
Just now, zenithwit said:

Does anyone know who are the top contenders for the next Den of Temptation?  Right now, I'm throwing my votes to Alex.  Really, I just want someone on the opposite side of the house to get it.

I gave all my 10 votes to Alex.

• Love 2
(edited)
9 minutes ago, zenithwit said:

I guarantee that it won't matter who is in the lead if, at some point before the voting closes, there's a segment on Raven and her disease complete with Sad Tinkly Piano in the background. The broadcast viewers are gonna eat that up. But if they don't run with that? The field is wide open. If you really want to go for the opposite side of the house, I'd argue Jessica. That's the extreme other side.  

If it were me, I'd be throwing votes at Jessica and Kevin. And I only chose Kevin because he seems so befuddled by the intricacies of the game that he may just sit on it and ruin Production's twist.  

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 1

Kevin, Ramses, Alex, Jason, Jess and now Cody are all laughing & chatting in one room. When Paul finds out he'll get angry that the 4 aren't following his rules. 

• Love 6
On 7/8/2017 at 3:47 AM, Christina said:

I realize there is a lid for every pot and all, but I didn't think Cody was the least bit attractive before he ever even opened his mouth. If his perception is that women don't want to only be friends with him, they always want more, that is pure arrogance.

Thank goodness it isn't only me! I've been reading about how "insightful" she is, and how much she helps the others to understand what is going on in their minds and immediately thought the people posting that crap must be being paid by her, in an effort to increase her motivational speaking career out of the house. She's an idiot who quotes scripture that has nothing to due with what is going on at the moment, insists that she is a very vivid dreamer who learns things in her sleep, and constantly quotes phrases that she apparently read in a "Quote a Day" calendar. I walk away feeling dumber every time I listen to her speak.

I totally agree with this. I think the best looking guy in the house by far is the gray haired boring dude Mark. There been way hotter guys on BB like Kaysar and Dr Will. 

I think people see what they want to see. Chances are Cody hasn't had female friends because he hasn't tried and, quite frankly, he isn't likable or engaging. I am extremely nice and loyal but don't have a large group of friends and can be seen as aloof. This is because I can be quiet and serious and I disdain insincerity. That's on me, that's me not making the effort or adapting. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

From the Big Brother Wikia page on Slop

Apparently there was a Youtube video that went up before this season started that shows how slop is made but it says it's unavailable. It may be because I'm Canadian. 

Ooh, and there's this that lists the ingredients. Which are:

Sounds fucking delicious. Not. 

ETA: 

I've found that if you cover something in enough hot sauce, it becomes tasty enough to eat. Although looking through that list, I could think of some good combinations... Maybe CBS and Food Network should do a crossover event. The Next Iron Big Brother Slop Chef. Hosted by Alton Brown and Chenbot. The panel of judges could be two chefs and a rotating third seat of a former BB HG who was a HN at least once after the glory of the peanut butter and jelly sandwich days. 

They already had a slop cooking contest one year ...I think it was Elissa's season? 

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, wings707 said:

Dom and Paul know.  Arthroscopic surgery is fast.  They move em in and move em out quickly.  She is having pins inserted.  She was told she would she would be back in the house by 2pm. 

How can Christmas compete in challenges going forward after surgery? Surely in endurance comps, she has to sit it out. And if they have that slippery challenge which involves going back and forth and filling a jug with a cup filled with liquid, she has to not play.

I may be the only one, but I am disappointed Cody is going this week. Shows are more interesting with strong sides and dramatic emotional conflict and with him gone and Jessica a loner, it reduces the histrionics which make the show more of a watchable and addictive train wreck. 

Production should interfere and get them to keep him around at least until August. He serves a purpose which is to keep things hopping. Ramses should go. He adds nothing interesting. 

Edited by DakotaLavender
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

I think the best looking guy in the house by far is the gray haired boring dude Mark.

Wait, that's Matt, isn't it? Seriously, Jessica/Jillian had me confused until one left, and Mark/Matt do the same. Stop it, bb!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, leslieo54 said:

Wait, that's Matt, isn't it? Seriously, Jessica/Jillian had me confused until one left, and Mark/Matt do the same. Stop it, bb!

Gray hair Matt would almost be perfect if he didn't have his tats. He almost seems like a normal person. He is so nice in the DR. His archetypes are usually the strong alpha male that BB has every season but he's sitting back and letting all the other people do the work & laying low. I wouldn't mind if he won.

7 hours ago, zenithwit said:

I gave yesterday's 10 to Alex. Which reminds me, I need to give her another 10 today.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

How can Christmas compete in challenges going forward after surgery? Surely in endurance comps, she has to sit it out. And if they have that slippery challenge which involves going back and forth and filling a jug with a cup filled with liquid, she has to not play.

Well, even without surgery, there's no chance she would have been allowed to compete in those challenges anyway. I'd like to see how Christmas is recovering right after surgery. I wonder how she's going to play it off to the other houseguests. I assume she might be a little groggy after surgery, so can she play it off like she just got it recasted? 

From what I've seen online, Alex and Kevin are very popular, so they're the more likely contenders to get the next Den of Temptation, which makes me happy. They need it more than anyone else. I'd say Josh should get it, but he'd just tell Paul and Christmas, and that side doesn't need any more rewards. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

From what I've seen online, Alex and Kevin are very popular, so they're the more likely contenders to get the next Den of Temptation, which makes me happy. They need it more than anyone else. I'd say Josh should get it, but he'd just tell Paul and Christmas, and that side doesn't need any more rewards. 

I just hope that Alex and Kevin don't split the votes and someone in Paul's alliance gets the temptation.  Personally, I want the houseguests thinking critically and not just follow Paul blindly.  But that's probably too much to ask for lol.

• Love 2

My concern is that this will be a terrible temptation.  And it will be Alex and it will be a waste.  I wonder if the first one was the best considering it was a sure thing it was going to Paul and they wanted him to have the biggest advantage possible.  This second temptation was worth considerably less than 3 weeks safety.  

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, MV007 said:

My concern is that this will be a terrible temptation.  And it will be Alex and it will be a waste.  I wonder if the first one was the best considering it was a sure thing it was going to Paul and they wanted him to have the biggest advantage possible.  This second temptation was worth considerably less than 3 weeks safety.  

Well, we know the next temptation will allow an eviction to be stopped during the live show, which can be helpful to Alex if her alliance members are up on the block. The concern is what the curse will be, which could be any number of things: a DE for the next week, the buyback being activated, or something really lame like someone being cursed to being a Have Not all summer (ok, that wouldn't be AS lame). 

12 hours ago, wings707 said:

Again I say, they are not up his ass.  They are smart to let him do their agenda.  They all want Cody out and he is the guy that is doing just that.  I don't see a problem here. 

I'd believe that if I ever saw any of them talking to each other about letting Paul get what he wants this week, but that he's a future threat.  But I haven't seen that, so I'm not willing to blindly believe they aren't truly up his ass.

• Love 10
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, we know the next temptation will allow an eviction to be stopped during the live show, which can be helpful to Alex if her alliance members are up on the block. The concern is what the curse will be, which could be any number of things: a DE for the next week, the buyback being activated, or something really lame like someone being cursed to being a Have Not all summer (ok, that wouldn't be AS lame). 

Ok my bad.  I didn't realize that was the temptation.  Honestly, this whole situation with Paul running the game and nobody seemingly willing to go after him aside from Cody has left me pretty disinterested. 

Edited by MV007
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, MV007 said:

Ok my bad.  I didn't realize that was the temptation.

Heh, it's ok! It's why I advocated for Christmas to get it last week before realizing how stupid I was to ask for it, because it would essentially be Paul's temptation! It's best to go to Alex, who will actually use it to her advantage. 

21 hours ago, missyb said:

Are you sure about production telling everyone that Ramses lied ?? I just don't see them getting involved that way. Others have lied about banners before.I thought that other HG's that were outside, Kevin, said you could not read anything.

21 hours ago, wings707 said:

It was in an article posted on twitter.  I will see if I can find it again. 

ETA. http://www.inquisitr.com/4355652/big-brother-19-spoilers-live-feeds-update-production-outs-ramses-paul-continues-power-reign/

Regardless of what that article may say, I don't recall Production saying or taking any specific action to 'out' Ramses on his lie.  Maybe I missed something...?

My recollection, however, is the other HGs figured out Ramses was lying because of what Production didn't do - as in Production didn't immediately order the HGs back in the House, they didn't put the HGs  on inside lockdown, etc. - none of the things Production has done in the past whenever outside communication attempts were made. 

Since Production didn't react at all, the HGs surmised Ramses was lying about the plane banner.

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, even without surgery, there's no chance she would have been allowed to compete in those challenges anyway. I'd like to see how Christmas is recovering right after surgery. I wonder how she's going to play it off to the other houseguests. I assume she might be a little groggy after surgery, so can she play it off like she just got it recasted?

From Joker's:

Mon 1:53 AM BBT Christmas tells Paul her surgery is delayed until Wednesday. He asked if she was going tomorrow, she said she was, then <fish>.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, leslieo54 said:

I remember Matt because he vaguely looks like Matt LeBlanc. Maybe it's the silver hair. And then Mark is the other one.

19 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Regardless of what that article may say, I don't recall Production saying or taking any specific action to 'out' Ramses on his lie.  Maybe I missed something...?

My recollection, however, is the other HGs figured out Ramses was lying because of what Production didn't do - as in Production didn't immediately order the HGs back in the House, they didn't put the HGs  on inside lockdown, etc. - none of the things Production has done in the past whenever outside communication attempts were made. 

Since Production didn't react at all, the HGs surmised Ramses was lying about the plane banner.

From Joker's:

Mon 1:53 AM BBT Christmas tells Paul her surgery is delayed until Wednesday. He asked if she was going tomorrow, she said she was, then <fish>.

I didn't watch feeds for a couple of days so went in search of recaps.  I found that article and posted it here to get confirmation prefacing with "I didn't know this."   I agree that it is unlikely production would interfere with someone's game tactic.  

• Love 3
(edited)

Is it possible they think Ramses is lying because they think he has lied about everything else?  Nobody in that house thinks he tells the truth about anything.  They're so stupid they think he voted out the one person he was actually friends with.  And they only believe that so they can keep telling themselves he's a liar.

Edited by MV007
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

I may be the only one, but I am disappointed Cody is going this week. Shows are more interesting with strong sides and dramatic emotional conflict and with him gone and Jessica a loner, it reduces the histrionics which make the show more of a watchable and addictive train wreck. 

Production should interfere and get them to keep him around at least until August. He serves a purpose which is to keep things hopping. 

I think Production figures Cody has a good chance to win the Battle Back and that is even more exciting than the plan to evict him falling through. I tend to agree. Paul getting Cody out only for him to come back in 2 weeks is gold imo.

I'd like to see how Christmas is recovering right after surgery. I wonder how she's going to play it off to the other houseguests. I assume she might be a little groggy after surgery, so can she play it off like she just got it recasted?

Yea, I was thinking she's going to be a bit loopy after surgery and I doubt the HGs are gonna buy that she just got a new cast. Although these people are dumb so. And actually some people, like myself, aren't really that affected by the anesthesia. Although others, like my mom, are strongly affected. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, MV007 said:

Is it possible they think Ramses is lying because they think he has lied about everything else?  Nobody in that house thinks he tells the truth about anything.  They're so stupid they think he voted out the one person he was actually friends with.  And they only believe that so they can keep telling themselves he's a liar.

Ramses just learned a few hard truths about BB, the hard way: 

1. Trust is like money - you have to bank some before you can spend it.
  2. It's best to bank as much truth as possible by scrupulously telling the truth - right up until you need them to believe your Big Lie.
  3. Once a liar, always a liar.
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Ramses just learned a few hard truths about BB, the hard way: 

1. Trust is like money - you have to bank some before you can spend it.
  2. It's best to bank as much truth as possible by scrupulously telling the truth - right up until you need them to believe your Big Lie.
  3. Once a liar, always a liar.

I like this analogy.  I can extend that wisdom to his actions, as well.  His habit of walking in a room, standing there for sometimes only seconds before leaving, feeds the HGs ever present  paranoia.  

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

Production should interfere and get them to keep him around at least until August.

I'm thinking Production wants him gone so he can return in the Battle Back.

Christmas should be removed, surgery plus what is going to happen for endurance or running comps? If she can't compete why is she there?

Josh wants to call out Cody&Jessica? Dude can barely string a sentence, if you need to practice on someone you shouldn't be calling them out. He'll end up crying in a corner again.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Christmas should be removed, surgery plus what is going to happen for endurance or running comps? If she can't compete why is she there?

I think she should probably be removed because of the surgery, but I don't necessarily think that her inability to compete in endurance is a reason for her to go. Big Brother isn't just about competitions. I mean, I get the reasoning, as she has to sit out on these comps, but there are far more mental competitions and other ones she can compete in, compared to the few that she'll have to miss; I think I heard that she will have to be a Have Not for that week if she's unable to participate? Unsure about how it'll work with her foot now, but I think that unless she couldn't do any competitions, then there's still a reason for her sticking around. I mean, look at BB16 Victoria or BB12 Kathy. They competed in comps and STILL couldn't win them! 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

Good for him! No way I'd lay down my BB life to chance. If you're on the block, never assume you're safe. One of the cardinal rules of BB. 

Dom encouraged him to go for the win.  This tells me she will be among those who deflect despite her words of allegiance to Paul.  I caught a portion of a conversation she had with Christmas acknowledging their alliance will split.  

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Artsda said:

I'm thinking Production wants him gone so he can return in the Battle Back.

Josh wants to call out Cody&Jessica? Dude can barely string a sentence, if you need to practice on someone you shouldn't be calling them out. He'll end up crying in a corner again.

Are you sure there WILL be a Battle Back? Without Cody, the "drama" level falls completely and it becomes "Kumbaya" and very boring. This friction is what makes the show exciting. 

Yes, Christmas should be removed. She cannot have surgery and then compete in anything that involves running or endurance. 

• Love 1

I don't understand why Christmas is allowed to stay either. In addition to the numerous points raised above, a big factor of Big Brother is the psychological effects of being in the pressure cooker for24/7. She's getting several reprieves due to her injury.

The activity taking her away is not desirable, but being from the house and the game is still an advantage 

• Love 5
Just now, DakotaLavender said:

Yes, Christmas should be removed. She cannot have surgery and then compete in anything that involves running or endurance. 

She cannot do those things now so nothing will change.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, wings707 said:

She cannot do those things now so nothing will change.  

Exactly, so if she cannot do it before surgery, why is she still there? Is she able to compete in OTEV challenge? She has to go. 

2 minutes ago, DakotaLavender said:

Are you sure there WILL be a Battle Back? Without Cody, the "drama" level falls completely and it becomes "Kumbaya" and very boring. This friction is what makes the show exciting. 

Fairly certain. Cameron, the first evictee from Night 1, hasn't been seen on social media at all, and I haven't seen anything on Jillian either. It's pretty certain that there will be a buyback, especially with Megan self evicting and Christmas' game fate up in the air. 

1 minute ago, Deputy Deputy CoS said:

I don't understand why Christmas is allowed to stay either. In addition to the numerous points raised above, a big factor of Big Brother is the psychological effects of being in the pressure cooker for24/7. She's getting several reprieves due to her injury.

The activity taking her away is not desirable, but being from the house and the game is still an advantage 

Honestly, I do advocate for her to be removed and that way, she can try again maybe next year when she's healed up and has her strength in endurance back. Right now, she is more of a liability and her getting surgery just makes her fate uncertain. I think she has the potential to be a really strong player, but this season just hasn't been going in her favour. Maybe she'll even have a better cast next time she's invited back.

Exactly, so if she cannot do it before surgery, why is she still there? Is she able to compete in OTEV challenge? She has to go. 

She can still compete in many of the challenges that don't require endurance. The quizzes, the ones where she can stand around, those types she can do. It's not like the competitions are purely endurance-based. Actually, there's less than people think. She managed to make it work with the recent HOH competition, which was a lot of movement.

Not that I'm disagreeing that she should be removed! With her going into surgery on Wednesday, I'm sure she has even more limited mobility for the next couple of weeks. I'm not sure why production isn't stepping in to tell her that she can't continue to play but she will be allowed back on another season. It's on them, as well as on Christmas. And I actually really like Christmas, which is why I want her to have a better chance to win. Right now, I doubt she makes it to the finale.

• Love 2

Christmas's inability to compete in physical comps only hurts her, so why not let her stay? Her alliance mates may decide to dump her when the crowd thins and they realize she won't be able to help them stay in power by winning comps, but then that lack of comp ability never hurt Victoria. This show isn't like Survivor where medical intervention means you're no longer following the tenets of the game, so I don't see the big deal.

As far as the argument about her getting a reprieve from the game when she leaves for medical stuff, meh. The twins had temporary reprieves when they were swapping in and out that one season. Not being there can affect your game positively (you get to take a breather) or negatively (people can plot against you and you have no chance of catching them doing it). Again, I don't see it as a big deal.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, Michichick said:

Christmas's inability to compete in physical comps only hurts her, so why not let her stay? Her alliance mates may decide to dump her when the crowd thins and they realize she won't be able to help them stay in power by winning comps, but then that lack of comp ability never hurt Victoria. This show isn't like Survivor where medical intervention means you're no longer following the tenets of the game, so I don't see the big deal.

As far as the argument about her getting a reprieve from the game when she leaves for medical stuff, meh. The twins had temporary reprieves when they were swapping in and out that one season. Not being there can affect your game positively (you get to take a breather) or negatively (people can plot against you and you have no chance of catching them doing it). Again, I don't see it as a big deal.

Well, it is arguable. I think her inability to compete helps her because she will coast under an umbrella of empathy. If a HG cannot participate fully in the game, they should go. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Michichick said:

I agree with this. With all the twists and manipulations behind the scenes, Christmas getting removed to go to the hospital isn't that much different from the twins twist, or people in sequester waiting to Battle Back. There are benefits as well as setbacks for it. Either way, I don't think Christmas is thankful for the medical reprieve. I imagine she'd rather be in the house, hence why she made the choice to stay. 

Besides, if Raven can play while DYING, then why can't Christmas play while on a broken foot? </s>

(I half-joke because I imagine Raven has a lot of limitations with her diseases; could she have actually been a Have Not with her condition? Because I don't think that she could have. She got that Have Not pass for the season, right? I missed that particular episode). 

Well, it is arguable. I think her inability to compete helps her because she will coast under an umbrella of empathy. If a HG cannot participate fully in the game, they should go. 

I think Christmas has recognized and acknowledged this. She's aware that she'll either be pitied, or people could also see her as a liability. I don't think she'll coast; production isn't altering the competitions for her, which would be unfair. Also, her unable to participate in a competition actually hinders her, as she can't win HOH or veto, which means that she can be nominated. Again, I totally see your point and don't necessarily disagree; I just think that I can see the reasons for why she should be allowed to stay, as there are far more competitions that she can compete in, and she doesn't get immunity for the competitions that she cannot. Big Brother is more about the social aspect, anyway. The competitions actually mean less.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/9/2017 at 10:20 PM, wings707 said:

Kind of like Alex but she is Catholic , never good for the atheist that is me.  I hate the religion pushed in your face talk.  Paul is playing a good game. I dislike Raven (illness drama)  Dom and Mark= oh good god, NO.   Elena has that Bible is truth thing going on, too, so no fucking way.  She believes Noah's arc story  is true,  That is it for me.  

Good reasons for me to root for Alex (even though I'm Protestant) I don't feel that talking about your faith means they are pushing religion in your face), Dom, and Elena. 

Edited by Runningwild
  • Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Fairly certain. Cameron, the first evictee from Night 1, hasn't been seen on social media at all, and I haven't seen anything on Jillian either. It's pretty certain that there will be a buyback, especially with Megan self evicting and Christmas' game fate up in the air. 

Jillian did an interview with US Weekly... Does that call into question the Buyback? (I've only watched for a few seasons so I am honestly not sure!)

ETA: I deleted the link because a few people seemed to have problems with it. But if you want to read the interview, just go to US Weekly's website and I'm sure you can find the story. It just posted today.

Edited by KootieTaw
1 hour ago, DakotaLavender said:

There's a special Friday episode planned for July 21, so unless they are just giving us more insight into the houseguests, it's definitely a Battle Back. (I checked my DVR and that Friday episode is on there now.)

26 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

The only unknown about the surgery is how laid up she will be. YMMV, but a lot of the people I have known who have gotten foot surgery were on bedrest unless they were doing PT for the first few weeks. They had to have someone with them to take care of their needs. I don't think it's right or fair to expect the HGs to take on this caregiver role if Christmas ends up confined to her bed. 

Also, what happens if she gets an infection? What if she needs PT? What if she reinjures herself? How much will she have to be out of the BB house for all of these things? 

At some point you have to say enough is enough. Guarantee her a spot next year and give her three weeks of safety like Paul got to make sure she gets to jury and call it good. 

I'm on the I think Christmas should be allowed to stay unless there comes a point that she needs special accommodations made train. Like in the examples above, I agree she should be removed. But since she seemed to know she needed surgery before she was allowed to decide if she wanted to come back, it seems she (and production) don't think that's going to be an issue. But it's hard to say until she gets the surgery. For now, I think she should be allowed to stay until/unless something changes. Her not being able to compete in the more physical challenges only hurts her at the moment. This isn't Survivor where you compete with your tribe. And her alliance is free to not align with her if they don't think she's contributing enough.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, KootieTaw said:

Jillian did an interview with US Weekly. (See link). Does that call into question the Buyback? (I've only watched for a few seasons so I am honestly not sure!)

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/big-brothers-jillian-parker-cody-and-jessicas-showmance-is-so-fake-w491508

Nah. Because the questions were rather vague. If she wasn't in sequester then they would of asked her what she thought about Kevin & Josh flipping their vote. None of her interviews thus far have spoken about that. She thinks Ramses & Alex flipped on her. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, I was thinking she's going to be a bit loopy after surgery and I doubt the HGs are gonna buy that she just got a new cast. Although these people are dumb so. And actually some people, like myself, aren't really that affected by the anesthesia. Although others, like my mom, are strongly affected. 

Yeah, if she has a reaction anything like I do after anesthesia, it'll be obvious when you're sweaty and red faced and surrounded by ice packs to cool off while throwing up in a bucket. At the very least, we should get high as a kite Christmas again, which was entertaining the first time around.

1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Is it wrong that I want that to happen? Because I'm always down for another battle of VICTIM NOISES.

I think she should probably be removed because of the surgery, but I don't necessarily think that her inability to compete in endurance is a reason for her to go. Big Brother isn't just about competitions. I mean, I get the reasoning, as she has to sit out on these comps, but there are far more mental competitions and other ones she can compete in, compared to the few that she'll have to miss; I think I heard that she will have to be a Have Not for that week if she's unable to participate? Unsure about how it'll work with her foot now, but I think that unless she couldn't do any competitions, then there's still a reason for her sticking around. I mean, look at BB16 Victoria or BB12 Kathy. They competed in comps and STILL couldn't win them! 

The Have Not if not competing was something Christmas threw out there when she came back after the injury as a possibility, but she also admitted that she had no idea what production was going to do if she couldn't compete. 

I mean, you can point out my girl Victrola being bad at comps but I'd like to remind you of when everyone tried to throw a comp (HoH song quiz?) to Amanda and she took so long to choose on answer on the live show than McCrae ended up having to win it. Too much/not enough ADD meds?

1 hour ago, DakotaLavender said:

There's a Friday show set for when there are four evictees (not counting Megan DORing). Too early for a retrospective so the smart money is on a buy back. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Did anyone else notice that when Cameron and Jillian were evicted, there were not taped 'goodbyes' from their housemates?  Or did I miss this both times??

Is that something that normally only starts once they reach "jury" status?

51 minutes ago, PoshSprinkles said:

The only unknown about the surgery is how laid up she will be. YMMV, but a lot of the people I have known who have gotten foot surgery were on bedrest unless they were doing PT for the first few weeks. They had to have someone with them to take care of their needs. I don't think it's right or fair to expect the HGs to take on this caregiver role if Christmas ends up confined to her bed. 

Also, what happens if she gets an infection? What if she needs PT? What if she reinjures herself? How much will she have to be out of the BB house for all of these things? 

At some point you have to say enough is enough. Guarantee her a spot next year and give her three weeks of safety like Paul got to make sure she gets to jury and call it good. 

I'm on the side that if she has to have surgery, she should probably live. PoshSprinkles listed a lot of the I reasons I have above. Also, can she really adequately care for herself while being a contestant on this show? It's one thing to stay home from work on short-term disability where you're in your familiar environment; it's another thing to be in the BB house. Will her foot really get the rest it needs to heal properly? I'd think this would be of concern since fitness/exercise is very important to her. Second, if her foot gets reinjured, she gets an infection or doesn't heal properly, does CBS want to risk any liability on it? I'd think CBS wouldn't want her to stay if it cannot guarantee the type of environment and care she needs for her foot.

Those are my thoughts.

• Love 2

I think Christmas has recognized and acknowledged this. She's aware that she'll either be pitied, or people could also see her as a liability. I don't think she'll coast; production isn't altering the competitions for her, which would be unfair. 

Are we sure this is true?  We just had a competition that required some physical mobility that had a slight twist that went to her favor.  You had to run to the line to try and get your turn quicker.  However, in this comp the producers introduced the ability to transfer tickets.  So Christmas was able to lay around and collect tickets and hand them to her strongest ally.  Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember many if any comps allowing you to transfer opportunities like that.