Type keyword(s) to search

The Wendy Williams Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

It was boring. Lunelle is not a “season premiere” type guest. All 4 guests split Trendy at Wendy and they also did a game for a fan to win a prize. They didn’t show Suzanne, Norman, or the DJ, but I heard Suzanne laughing and saw her name in the credits. I can’t remember if Norman is usually in the credits, but I didn’t notice his name. 

I did appreciate that Devyn took a stance on Lizzo that wasn’t just the normal “safe” answer. Not because it was about Lizzo, but any topic too often the hosts of any show tow the safe line…nice to hear an actual _opinion_!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, abc123 said:

It was boring. Lunelle is not a “season premiere” type guest. All 4 guests split Trendy at Wendy and they also did a game for a fan to win a prize. They didn’t show Suzanne, Norman, or the DJ, but I heard Suzanne laughing and saw her name in the credits. I can’t remember if Norman is usually in the credits, but I didn’t notice his name. 

I did appreciate that Devyn took a stance on Lizzo that wasn’t just the normal “safe” answer. Not because it was about Lizzo, but any topic too often the hosts of any show tow the safe line…nice to hear an actual _opinion_!

I laughed that the hosts called out Lunelle for streaming from her bathroom. No wonder she wouldn’t do shoe cam. She might have been naked from the waist down! 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Streaming not steaming, but the former does make more sense.
  • LOL 5

Tues.   who the hell is that Martian ( did I spell that right?) who landed on the show today?  Plastic surgery gone wrong.  Horrible, horrible, horrible.  If it wasn’t for that loud mouth, I wouldn’t know it was her.   Probably high.

Edited by kristen111
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Tues.   who the hell is that Martian ( did I spell that right?) who landed on the show today?  Plastic surgery gone wrong.  Horrible, horrible, horrible.  If it wasn’t for that loud mouth, I wouldn’t know it was her.   Probably high.

I was thinking of watching but I recently saw her on a game show. Leah dosen't even look like herself.  She was so beautiful and would still look beautiful with a little age. She's not even old omg. 

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Was it that bad?

Bad isn’t the word.  It’s her business, but way too much work on her face.  She looked like an alien.  The lips ..she could barely smile.  Even my husband got scared.  She is super hyper to the point of crazy.  Screaming, yelling, etc.  Reminds us that her and Jennifer are besties.  Too loud to the point of annoying.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I wouldn’t be surprised if she leaked this info directly to the press herself. And I have so little sympathy for her at this point. If your show is so important to you, why don’t you stop making your driver take you around town just so you can vape & hit on men that are clearly not interested in you, get your shit together & try to make it through just 1 season without taking time off for your infinite health conditions that we are all pretty sure are self inflicted. 

A6CF571C-B7E8-41F0-BC47-1C86A93B7E6F.jpeg

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

I watched the first 10 minutes then came here to see if my eyes were deceiving me and that Leah's mouth was looking weird.   My eyes are fine, I see.  Leah was great on her Scientology show but I'm not feeling the love for her as a talk show host.

I didn't hang around long enough to see how she handled Hot Topics, but will check it out tomorrow and see if she is going to be the kind of host that keeps all her opinions neutral, to keep it nicey nicey with the Hwood crowd.  However, I have already determined that I will not bother with any of the segments (interviews, cooking, fashion, merch) after that - not feeling it.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CecilyStar said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if she leaked this info directly to the press herself. And I have so little sympathy for her at this point. If your show is so important to you, why don’t you stop making your driver take you around town just so you can vape & hit on men that are clearly not interested in you, get your shit together & try to make it through just 1 season without taking time off for your infinite health conditions that we are all pretty sure are self inflicted. 

I would like to see Bevy Smith and Michael Yo take over as hosts for this show. They could make it work. They both are professional and have high energy. 

Leah Remini seemed uncomfortable. She wasn't bad, just over-compensating. The format was un-Wendy. No hot topics or Trendy at Wendy. For once, I would like to not hear Jennifer Lopez brought up when Leah Remini is there. Jennifer Lopez is over-rated, IMO. 

We expect the incoming president to show up to work on January 20. The Vice President is called in if he cannot make it for any reason. Wendy has a strong sense of entitlement to expect that guest hosts cannot or should not be used. This is not the first time so she really has no room to be disappointed that they are not holding her spot for her. In fact, she should be sending out thanks and well-wishes for those who are sitting in for her. 

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, Showthyme said:

I would like to see Bevy Smith and Michael Yo take over as hosts for this show. They could make it work. They both are professional and have high energy. 

Leah Remini seemed uncomfortable. She wasn't bad, just over-compensating. The format was un-Wendy. No hot topics or Trendy at Wendy. For once, I would like to not hear Jennifer Lopez brought up when Leah Remini is there. Jennifer Lopez is over-rated, IMO. 

We expect the incoming president to show up to work on January 20. The Vice President is called in if he cannot make it for any reason. Wendy has a strong sense of entitlement to expect that guest hosts cannot or should not be used. This is not the first time so she really has no room to be disappointed that they are not holding her spot for her. In fact, she should be sending out thanks and well-wishes for those who are sitting in for her. 

EXACTLY! Also shouldn’t Wendy be happy that her entire staff are working again and will finally have $$$ to pay their bills!? They expected to be back to work by 9/20. Has it even occurred to her how hard that can be on people that don’t make her salary?! 

The current format/vibe is weird & totally not working for me. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, patty1h said:

I didn't hang around long enough to see how she handled Hot Topics,

There were no Hot Topics. Just stupid banter between her (Leah) and the other woman (forgot her name. Somebody from Ru Paul's Drag Race)who hosted with her. I'm looking forward to Sherri Shepard hosting. 

That article posted above about the show not surviving without WW is such bullshit. I'd rather see Bozo the Clown as the host than Wendy and her inflated ego. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, CecilyStar said:

I remember when Wendy used to say she wouldn't go on vacation for two long because she wasn't going to risk anyone have camera time and doing better and taking her job from her.

She sure has changed alot from that because in the last year or two she put no effort while at her job and didn't want to be there. 

And the audacity now to be mad they are scrambling to book people because her pathetic ass is at home doing drugs and refusing to move on from her divorce.  Kevin was with another woman for over a decade or more, what happened to her was not something out of the blue.

The panel sucked and Leah had too much botox and her face looked like it was squished and twisted at an angle the whole time. Her dress was so ugly too.

Despite how awful the panel was and Leah,they all put in an effort and got most of the facts right on hot topics which is more then Wendy ever bothers to do so no matter who they put on is an improvement.

• Love 5

How could Leah avoid mentioning JLo when Lupe is sitting in the front row? Plus, Norm actually brought up JLo's name first...thinking she would be Leah's co-host.

Except for being loud...when Leah brought it down to a low roar, I actually enjoyed her hosting. No tears, no tissues, no Q-tips, no shaking a sleepy leg, no talking incessantly about nonsense, no looking out into space, etc. etc.

• Love 6

I can skip next week.

"The fun and laughs continue when we welcome @WhitneyCummings next week as our special guest host. Then, @sherrieshepherd is back to guest host the week of November 1.”

But I do want to see Sherri. She might able to save this show!

Edited by Rightside
  • Love 3

I tuned in as the show started to see whether it pulled me in or was like watching paint dry.  That was some dry ass paint.   Leah just doesn't draw my interest.  I kept it on while she and her buddy chatted - I did notice that Leah did not hold back while discussing something that Madonna's daughter did, so that answered my question on whether she was going to go soft on other celebrities.  I'll give her that.   

So, this week I'll be skipping the show for the same reason I don't watch stuff like "The Real" - all I hear when those ladies talk is babble drone babble.  Their words go into my ears but don't get interpreted by my brain, just noises.

• Love 3

I think that this whole "guest hosts" filling in for W for the past 3 years (off and on) just proves that ANYONE can fill in and be more entertaining than Wendy.

She's lost her mojo. She lost it many years ago. She's elder-ish, losing her memory, lost her passion for her job, has an inflated ego.

GO THE PHUCK AWAY WENDY. We are DONE with you. You are a "has been". You are batshit crazy, mean, ugly, disrespectful, insensitive, egotistical, LAZY, selfish. Did I leave out anything?

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

I tried to watch today. Leah and her friend were reading tweets that said they are doing great hosting the show. The show continued to go down hill from there.  I gave up when Michael Rapaport came on.

When is Sheri hosting? I think Nick Cannon is going to take over the 10 am spot.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Rightside said:

I can skip next week.

"The fun and laughs continue when we welcome @WhitneyCummings next week as our special guest host. Then, @sherrieshepherd is back to guest host the week of November 1.”

But I do want to see Sherri. She might able to save this show!

It is hard for me to imagine anyone less appealing than Wendy, but they found her: Whitney Cummings.  Ugh.  I guess she won't burp, fart and shove q-tips up her nose while on air however.  Okay, it's a toss up. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 10/13/2021 at 11:46 AM, chenoa333 said:

Put her in A Place For Mom. Or maybe there's assisted living facilities for old radio talk show hosts.

I hope Norman can find another job that pays him well. Suzanne too. I will certainly miss Norman if the WW show tanks. I like his laugh and his sunny personality. He's funny too. 

Okay. A Place For Mom? Choked on my drink.🤣🤣

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
On 10/21/2021 at 8:25 AM, druzy said:

I tried to watch today. Leah and her friend were reading tweets that said they are doing great hosting the show. The show continued to go down hill from there.  I gave up when Michael Rapaport came on.

When is Sheri hosting? I think Nick Cannon is going to take over the 10 am spot.

Here they have Nick's show right after WW, bumping the Real back an hour.  I gave his show a few tries but i just couldn't get into it.  Still luv ya tho Nick! Hah

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Word on the street--- they are paying people $75 to sit in the audience. And they're offering goodie bags, but only if you sit through the second taping on two-a-days.

Screenshot_20211023-020246_YouTube.thumb.jpg.bb93ac4b679eb2acd7007f7fe20ec97c.jpg

That reeks of desperation. I still can’t figure out why her show is still on the air. 
Does anyone know what the ratings are? 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

That reeks of desperation. I still can’t figure out why her show is still on the air. 
Does anyone know what the ratings are? 

I'm sure some of the current studio audience is partly filled with WW staff members to make it look like the show is "packing them in" 😄 

However, IF the show gets cancelled, WW can blame it on the people who hosted for her. 

I'd like to know the current ratings too. Although I don't trust the ratings to be accurate, i would still like to know.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 5

I imagine that goodie bag is full of Wendy junk like that all the branded stuff they sell on the website - Coffee mug with fake lipstick print, tacky face mask with "how you doin'" on it, Wendy's book, spare containers of Gold Bond lotion. Trash.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, patty1h said:

I imagine that goodie bag is full of Wendy junk like that all the branded stuff they sell on the website - Coffee mug with fake lipstick print, tacky face mask with "how you doin'" on it, Wendy's book, spare containers of Gold Bond lotion. Trash.

Don't forget Glade air freshener which WW probably places in her crotch. 

I've said this before, but I believe WW has a huge storage unit with many items she has gotten for from Trendy By Wendy. She's a greedy hoarder. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Probably opened and used hot sauce bottles 

4 hours ago, patty1h said:

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Unpopular opinion here, but I actually liked Leah and Michelle hosting.The first show was a big mess. However, I enjoyed the rest of the week. They made me laugh a lot of times and I would love for them to continue especially because I dislike Whitney Cummings.

The thing I liked the most about Leah and Michelle was how well they treated Wendy’s staff. It’s very apparent that Wendy doesn’t treat her staff well especially Suzanne who was barely shown towards the end of last season. I liked that Leah and Michelle included and interacted with them. Norman, DJ Suss, and Suzanne looked genuinely happy!

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Steph619 said:

Unpopular opinion here, but I actually liked Leah and Michelle hosting.The first show was a big mess. However, I enjoyed the rest of the week. They made me laugh a lot of times and I would love for them to continue especially because I dislike Whitney Cummings.

The thing I liked the most about Leah and Michelle was how well they treated Wendy’s staff. It’s very apparent that Wendy doesn’t treat her staff well especially Suzanne who was barely shown towards the end of last season. I liked that Leah and Michelle included and interacted with them. Norman, DJ Suss, and Suzanne looked genuinely happy!

I'm right there with you, Steph...especially how lovely they treated Wendy's staff. I've never seen Norm "light up" as much as he did with Leah & Michelle.

I would definitely watch a Leah & Michelle show. I hope TPTB saw their shows and maybe give it some thought.

• Love 6

I found what looks like a good source for syndicated ratings, but the most recent (released five days ago) is for the week ending October 10, so it will be a couple weeks before ratings for the first week with guest hosts are known.  I bookmarked the site, so hopefully it won't be too hard to find the info then.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I just watched bits and pieces last week. I could never be friends with Leah, cuz she is A LOT, but I did find myself laughing. At least she is honest about herself. I appreciated her admitting she is bitter about Dancing With the Stars. This versus Wendy who went on, gave almost zero effort, then never spoke of it again and stopped talking about the show altogether (which previously she had been obsessed with including the chart coming down from the ceiling and the pointer). The production staff was literally beaming from getting some much deserved praise, but I doubt Leah will be back based on how many times they had to bleep "blowjob" Friday.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

At least this past week we had some form of entertainment. Better than reruns. 

I agree. But sadly, Wendy will be back with an enthusiastic audience of clapping seals and a staff of employees pretending to be thrilled that the queen is back. 

• Love 4

Summary below: From Jason Lee's YouTube show 

For the debut show this season, the plan was going to be for him to co-host with good friend Tiffany Haddish who rearranged her schedule.

Tiffany ended up not being able to co-host but could appear as a guest; then the show said they didn't think Jason was ready to host solo

Jason then offered other ideas; offered to co-host with NeNe so she could makeup with Wendy, offered to co-host with Tamar, offered to co-host with Paris Hilton -- all ideas were rejected

Also offered to have Mariah do a surprise for Norman who is a huge fan; offered to have Cardi B surprise a fan. The show asked him about Nicki Minaj; he told them he's not friends with Nicki, he's friends with Cardi and they asked "Isn't that the same thing?"

After discussions to co-host fell through, they still wanted Jason to appear and help produce. He declined if he wasn't getting producer credit and if he could not at least co-host

He feels they are trying to white wash the show in Wendy's absence and it is failing. Even when Wendy has white guests or tells stories about whites, things are coming from a Black woman's perspective

He feels the white hosts have been dry and boring

Wonders if the show is scared having him or someone like him would be too good and/or too close to Wendy

He won't go back until it's right or until Wendy is back

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, druzy said:

Summary below: From Jason Lee's YouTube show 

For the debut show this season, the plan was going to be for him to co-host with good friend Tiffany Haddish who rearranged her schedule.

Tiffany ended up not being able to co-host but could appear as a guest; then the show said they didn't think Jason was ready to host solo

Jason then offered other ideas; offered to co-host with NeNe so she could makeup with Wendy, offered to co-host with Tamar, offered to co-host with Paris Hilton -- all ideas were rejected

Also offered to have Mariah do a surprise for Norman who is a huge fan; offered to have Cardi B surprise a fan. The show asked him about Nicki Minaj; he told them he's not friends with Nicki, he's friends with Cardi and they asked "Isn't that the same thing?"

After discussions to co-host fell through, they still wanted Jason to appear and help produce. He declined if he wasn't getting producer credit and if he could not at least co-host

He feels they are trying to white wash the show in Wendy's absence and it is failing. Even when Wendy has white guests or tells stories about whites, things are coming from a Black woman's perspective

He feels the white hosts have been dry and boring

Wonders if the show is scared having him or someone like him would be too good and/or too close to Wendy

He won't go back until it's right or until Wendy is back

Working for/with Wendy must be a hellish nightmare. 

• Love 5

I visited another website where someone put up a poll titled "Who should be the new host of the Wendy Williams Show?".  Some of the candidates are jokes, but others are serious, like: 

• Tempest Bledsoe (was on the Cosby show; had a talk show in the 90s)
  • Rolonda Watts  (ex-newscaster; had a talk show in the 90's)
  • Mother Love (I've heard of her, not sure what she does)
  • Billy Porter (flamboyant actor and singer, was on TV show "Pose")
  • Kim Fields (actress from "Facts of Life" and "Living Single")
  • EJ Johnson (flamboyant son of basketball legend Magic Johnson)
  • Leah Remini
  • Sherri Shepherd
  • Gabourey Sidibe (actress from movie "Precious" and TV "American Horror Story")
  • Debra Wilson (comic actress from Mad TV, does a great Whitney Houston)

The suggested candidate that made me laugh was "a giant wheel of cheese with adhesive googly eyes".   I'd watch that!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, patty1h said:

Who should be the new host of the Wendy Williams Show?"

Nobody. Just cancel the whole damn show for good. The "Wendy Williams show" is done.  Who gives a crap what is on at 11 a.m?.

I do care about the staff. But it really is time to say goodbye.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, chenoa333 said:
5 hours ago, patty1h said:

Who should be the new host of the Wendy Williams Show?"

Nobody. Just cancel the whole damn show for good. The "Wendy Williams show" is done. 

Exactly! Besides, if there's going to a New Host...wouldn't they want their own name to be the title of the show?!

And if we're lucky enough that WW never returns, I hope any new show picks up Norman and as much of the supporting cast as possible.

• Love 7

Norman always has been the heart of the show. He’s the one who can discuss Hot Topics without help. It was so nice to see him shine last week. I fail to understand why he hasn’t been considered. Then again probably because he’d really give Wendy competition. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Norman always has been the heart of the show. He’s the one who can discuss Hot Topics without help. It was so nice to see him shine last week. I fail to understand why he hasn’t been considered. Then again probably because he’d really give Wendy competition. 

Wendy will NEVER give up her "rights" to her failing show. And who knows what legal crap her staff agreed to when she hired them. DJ Boof has been gone for a couple years and he still isn't talking. He wants to but he can't.

For all of the $hit talking WW did about her ex's meanness towards the WW staff, I believe Wendy is just as bad, if not worse. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Wendy will NEVER give up her "rights" to her failing show. And who knows what legal crap her staff agreed to when she hired them. DJ Boof has been gone for a couple years and he still isn't talking. He wants to but he can't.

For all of the $hit talking WW did about her ex's meanness towards the WW staff, I believe Wendy is just as bad, if not worse. 

Some of this has been addressed when other hosts have voluntarily ended their show. David Letterman claimed that he owned the top ten list when his show ended. CBS prevailed. A new host could do each segment and call it the same that Wendy does.  The show doesn't have to be called Wendy. I am in favor of other hosts taking over this show. 

It has been reported that the Wendy Show is paying guests to sit in the audience. This is a very common practice. Dr. Phil does it and other talk and game shows do it too. The audience for Judge Judy consisted of all paid extras. It allows the shows to portray a full audience. The paid extras do not get any of the promotional items or giveaways. I prefer to see people sitting in the audience rather than seeing the virtual audience. 

Whatever happened to the therapist that Wendy was seeing? Wendy needs new handlers who will demand more of her. 

• Love 2