Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: The Skinny

• Start Topic

Whitney and cast look back on the most outrageous moments of the season; Whitney comes clean to Roy about her feelings, and a visit from Jiya makes things more tense; when host Shaun Robinson rubs Buddy the wrong way, he storms off the set.

Buddy looks like he has one foot in the grave. Twit looks close to 400 lbs. I would dearly, dearly love to hear an opinion on twit's No BS crap from someone like Susan Powter. SusN would rip her apart up, down, left, right, and center. 

• Love 12

Babs looks great! Heather looks good. Buddy needs help - someone get him out of there! Twit looks huge and has on WAY too much make-up, especially around the eyes. And what is that she's wearing? A garbage bag? A tarp? What?? Why am I even WATCHING THIS???

Poor Roy. He looks SO uncomfortable being in front of the camera and really self-conscious the way he keeps tugging at his shirt. (Note that even on the episodes, he's usually in the corner behind the desk/counter). Add to that the horror of having to sit next to Twit (at least she's wearing SHOES this season!). I hope they gave him a big, fat, fabulous bonus check! Dayum!!

Twit is "hetero-flexible"?? I think Todd nailed that one on the head: she's so affection-starved/addicted she'll take it where she can get it!

The train-wreck continues... 

ETA: And is it me or does Glen look like HE'S put on some weight? 

Edited by Maggienolia
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, Maggienolia said:

Babs looks great! Heather looks good. Buddy needs help - someone get him out of there! Twit looks huge and has on WAY too much make-up, especially around the eyes. And what is that she's wearing? A garbage bag? A tarp? What?? Why am I even WATCHING THIS???

Poor Roy. He looks SO uncomfortable being in front of the camera and really self-conscious the way he keeps tugging at his shirt. (Note that even on the episodes, he's usually in the corner behind the desk/counter). Add to that the horror of having to sit next to Twit (at least she's wearing SHOES this season!). I hope they gave him a big, fat, fabulous bonus check! Dayum!!

Twit is "hetero-flexible"?? I think Todd nailed that one on the head: she's so affection-starved/addicted she'll take it where she can get it!

The train-wreck continues... 

Roy bless him looks like he has packed it on as well. I hate it for him, I know I sure as heck would not want to be on this show

• Love 5
1 minute ago, lovetheduns said:

Roy bless him looks like he has packed it on as well. I hate it for him, I know I sure as heck would not want to be on this show

I don't know if he was kidding when he said he was losing weight. But he looks big again. Started out big, noticeably lost weight, then as big or bigger now. 

• Love 5

This reunion is a train wreck. Starting with the "pregnancy" she STILL refers to having been pregnant, and that drives me crazy. I understand that she maybe did think she was at some point, BUT she has long known that wasn't the case. Also when they brought up that on social media she got a lot of backlash, and Whitney made the comment about "if you were upset that I wasn't pregnant how do you think I felt" no whitney, people weren't upset that you didn't wind up being pregnant, we were mad (or at least for the most part I think most people) that you were touting that you may or may not be pregnant in social media when you damn well knew you weren't and never were and were parading this around for ratings.

• Love 20

Whit's comment to Jiya: "I came in here and did not perform well." Seems to be a pattern. 

11 minutes ago, Maggienolia said:

Jiya on THE TOE: wrap that thing up, put on the sneaker and let's go. (paraphrasing). Yasss!!! Yassss!!!!

I've broken many toes. Always able to function and even run through it; just another Whit excuse to avoid "not performing well".

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, Maggienolia said:

ETA: And is it me or does Glen look like HE'S put on some weight? 

18 minutes ago, lovetheduns said:

Seems as if just being in Whitney's orbit will cause weight gain.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 7

OMG, what adult says "jelly?"

On another note, Buddy has issues and I don't think he's dating that girl any more. I'd think if he were, she would have gone out after him.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Seems as uf just being in Whitney's orbit will cause weighy gain.

Actually, there are studies that show the more you hang out with those who drink too much, those who overeat, you tend to also start replicating their behaviors.

I have a friend who is very obese and REALLY overeats. I always end up eating more when I am around her, there is passive "peer pressure". Ironically my behaviors don't tend to rub off on her even when i try to encourage her to go on hikes, come to spin with me, get out of the house or do other activities other than going to restaurants and eating.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, leighroda said:

Also when they brought up that on social media she got a lot of backlash, and Whitney made the comment about "if you were upset that I wasn't pregnant how do you think I felt" no whitney, people weren't upset that you didn't wind up being pregnant, we were mad (or at least for the most part I think most people) that you were touting that you may or may not be pregnant in social media when you damn well knew you weren't and never were and were parading this around for ratings.

ABSOLUTELY. She's STILL trying to act like she doesn't understand why people don't like her. Being hugely obese takes care of that, too. She can just blame any bad reaction to her on that and never have to give it another thought.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, leighroda said:

This reunion is a train wreck. Starting with the "pregnancy" she STILL refers to having been pregnant, and that drives me crazy. I understand that she maybe did think she was at some point, BUT she has long known that wasn't the case. Also when they brought up that on social media she got a lot of backlash, and Whitney made the comment about "if you were upset that I wasn't pregnant how do you think I felt" no whitney, people weren't upset that you didn't wind up being pregnant, we were mad (or at least for the most part I think most people) that you were touting that you may or may not be pregnant in social media when you damn well knew you weren't and never were and were parading this around for ratings.

When she said something about having to "go through it twice" I thought AH-HA!! She's finally going to admit that it happened a long time ago and this was a "re-enactment" for telly. But no. No such truth. Just more BS. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Would someone  please tell me what set him off? I got a phone call at that time and had to mute the T.V.

It was the host bringing up the whole lease/behind on the rent issue. Then she asked if he was current on the rent NOW and he said yes but was giving Twit some serious stink-eye like "don't you say I'm not". 

• Love 4

I had to fast forward through the pregnancy crap cuz it still pisses me the fuck off esp with me being pregnant now but struggling prior.  I tweeted to her that if you didn't want to string people along you should never done the facebook live post cuz that was low, cruel and solely for the show.

And now roy, poor roy, I feel so bad for him having to go through this crap with Twit.  He talks about it on the radio show and seems really really annoyed with it. 

and twit is now bisexual. or heteroflexible, so fucking dumb.

I love Maney! He's line got in! yay! Yeah Twit is a slut.  She is sooo starved for attention that she will go after whatever gives her the slightest bit of attention.

And now onto Jiya. Oh the dance battle that won't die.  I am over it basically.  Omg Jiya runs two business and is going for her PhD. wow I love her!

Luby is definitely late on his rent. Now he gets mad a storms off. He looks even worse.  I saw a video he posted a few days ago and he looks even worse than when this was filmed in March. Run Heather Run!

And the Fitness Marshall stuff ugh.  She doesn't go on tour with him, we know this. 

Well glad this train wreck is over. They start filming next month.  Interested to see if the radio station will be featured again.  I kind of hope not just cuz they seemed to be very annoyed with the camera crews after awhile.  

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, lovetheduns said:

Actually, there are studies that show the more you hang out with those who drink too much, those who overeat, you tend to also start replicating their behaviors.

I have a friend who is very obese and REALLY overeats. I always end up eating more when I am around her, there is passive "peer pressure". Ironically my behaviors don't tend to rub off on her even when i try to encourage her to go on hikes, come to spin with me, get out of the house or do other activities other than going to restaurants and eating.

Yes. Or as my mother told me when I was in High School and hanging w a bad crowd, "Its easier for folks to drag you down than it is for you to lift them up".

• Love 17
10 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

I admit to occupying what few brain cells I have left on other stuff during the show. I missed the jelly reference. Surely it's OK to call strawberry jelly, jelly (tho strawberry preserves are better)? Was someone talking about something besides the sweet, wiggly, jewel-like food we all know and love?

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, lovetheduns said:

I was thinking the same thing, she looks so much bigger to me. It seems like a lot of her weight loss has "come back" or the tv is showing her as being bigger in all of this lighting.

I'm just going to leave this here...

IMG_0103.PNG

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Maggienolia said:

It was the host bringing up the whole lease/behind on the rent issue. Then she asked if he was current on the rent NOW and he said yes but was giving Twit some serious stink-eye like "don't you say I'm not". 

What I read into that is yes, of course he was late, it is obvious but also it's one of those polite lies you tell for yourself or others out of self-preservation that anyone would have done if Whit hadn't made that face and called him out on it to demean him.

Whit is not a nice person, she loves to dish it but feels taking it is some egregious personal attack.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, aliya said:

I admit to occupying what few brain cells I have left on other stuff during the show. I missed the jelly reference. Surely it's OK to call strawberry jelly, jelly (tho strawberry preserves are better)? Was someone talking about something besides the sweet, wiggly, jewel-like food we all know and love?

It was used in reference to Todd being jealous. Twelve year old girls say Jelly.

• Love 8

Curious... I'm wondering -because Babs looked younger around the eyes but not like she's had work done- do y'all think she was maybe wearing face lift tape? Props to her if she was cuz she looked fabulous (truly not in the Twit sense of the word). Glad to see she's doing so well after the stroke. Poor Glen - all the "reveals" about Twit nearly gave him one! 

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

On another note, Buddy has issues and I don't think he's dating that girl any more. I'd think if he were, she would have gone out after him.

I'm not sure that was true at the time The Skinny was filmed as she was seen in a photo seated next to him on the flight to LA. Might be true now, however.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, tdanaher said:

I'm just going to leave this here...

IMG_0103.PNG

This looks like one of those scales . . . and it's questionable as to whether everyone on the left would be lower on the balance than the one person on the right.  (I'm leaving the hostess out.  She can't be more than 20 pounds soaking wet.)

• Love 9

Impressed by Jiya and that she is working on her Ph.D. The comment about Whitney wasting her time seems even more justified now.

Sorry for Roy. He seems like a nice guy. He mentioned that he is a stress eater as well as the fact that he is not currently dating anyone. Perhaps those two things are related. Somewhere I saw a link to a picture of his girlfriend. I thought she resembled Whitney at her lowest weight.

Worried about Babs not having recuperated more. Both Glenn and Babs didn't seem to be enjoying themselves.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

This looks like one of those scales . . . and it's questionable as to whether everyone on the left would be lower on the balance than the one person on the right.  (I'm leaving the hostess out.  She can't be more than 20 pounds soaking wet.)

Whoa - Whit is developing one of those hips that you see on 600 lb people - the kind where they pull back the sheet to show some weeping mess and say, "They tell me this is really bad, but I can't see it. The drainage really smells, though."

• Love 13
1 minute ago, aliya said:

Whoa - Whit is developing one of those hips that you see on 600 lb people - the kind where they pull back the sheet to show some weeping mess and say, "They tell me this is really bad, but I can't see it. The drainage really smells, though."

Ah yes. Butt wings.

Paging Dr. Now! Paging Dr. Now!

• Love 12
1 minute ago, aliya said:

Uh unlike the people on My 600 lb Life, Whitney has a dancing career though

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Don't you just know Whitney chose that black shiny get-up because she thought she'd be able to fool her facebook followers.  "Whitney, you look so svelte"  "Whitney, thirty pounds more and you'll be at goal"  "You're such an inspiration to me Whitney...I don't want to tie my shoes, hell, wear shoes,  I want to split my pants, smell dirty kitty litter and sweaty armpits...yup, I want a big fat fabulous life....sign me up".

And yes, for what it's worth I believe Whitney has packed on at least forty more pounds. 

She can crow all she wants about her fabulous life but if I were Glenn and Babs I would be seriously concerned about their daughters' health.  Her heart is encased in a solid mound of fat.  They can deny all they want but anyone can see she's in very bad health. 

I don't understand her parents at all.  Do they really need the money that much?  Color me baffled.

I thought I heard Roy say he is an emotional eater so I'm sure this season did a number on his dieting. I thought Glenn has gained weight too (answering someone's earlier post.)  His shirt was drawn tight across his middle, stretching the buttons, in one of the shots. I was going to give Whit a slight compliment on sitting straight during the interview. But after looking at the group photo, she had no choice.  Her inner tube looking roll of stomach & butt has definitely grown & is against the back of the sofa before the rest of her body is.  Plus there is a sofa pillow back there somewhere.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, AmyB said:

Well glad this train wreck is over. They start filming next month.  Interested to see if the radio station will be featured again.  I kind of hope not just cuz they seemed to be very annoyed with the camera crews after awhile.  

Do you know this for sure? I was surprised they didn't say anything about a 5th season & thought that meant the show had not as yet been renewed.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, PsychoKlown said:

I don't understand her parents at all.  Do they really need the money that much?  Color me baffled.

I don't think they need the money but they want their precious Whitney to have everything she wants so they participate.

• Love 9

I think MBFFL actually does contribute to keeping Whit from gaining weight so fast, I think that it forces her into activities she would otherwise do, being afraid of being filmed being gluttonous and the schedule keeps her somewhat regimented. When the cameras are not around and she isn't expected to be places at times I don't doubt she picks up a tray of cupcakes at the grocery store as a "special treat" and makes a Irish coffee in the morning and has just one and another two more with nothing else to do.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Dot said:

Do you know this for sure? I was surprised they didn't say anything about a 5th season & thought that meant the show had not as yet been renewed.

I am worried for Whitney if it's not renewed.

All the stress might make her gain a few pounds. 

7 minutes ago, Dot said:

The MRL show mentioned in on the radio last week, when they were talking about the show and that they hadn;'t heard from twit re Victoria's job, but Maney said that TLC had reached out to them about next season which is filming next month.

• Love 2

I have. Not as good as I thought it would  be. I usually  get emotional  during  this type of show and felt nothing  when the blind woman got to see her children . I do not know what the problem  is.I usually  like this type of show.

3 minutes ago, qqererer said:

untitled.thumb.JPG.d712984b5c8d3d48902cead4384f955e.JPG

wow!!! when was the right picture? Season 2 or 3 skinny?

You could serve a meal on that butt wing.

LOL my husband just said she looks like a bean bag chair lol

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

I don't think they need the money but they want their precious Whitney to have everything she wants so they participate.

Ding! Ding Ding! We have a winner!

• Love 2