Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: The Skinny

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, scoopski potata said:

I'm assuming that to be an RN you had at least some hands on training either at a hospital or in a classroom. Being a nurse is no joke and I have no doubt you wouldn't be out there working if you couldn't cut the mustard academically. My issue is with the phone it in, totally for profit, never attend a class or lab in person, fully online, never even see a professor, diploma farms. I perhaps should have been a bit more clear about that. I have nothing against tech schools, trade schools, what have you. It's really the for-profit online only tv schools where you never even see a classroom degrees that people claim and make me feel like my own degrees are somehow diminished. 

I thought Whitney had lost weight but she really looks bigger :/ and is definitely getting the butt wings. 

Yes, I had a year of Clinicals where I was basically free slave labor lol... everyone has to start somewhere.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Snarklepuss said:

OK, if you think acting like a ratchet bitch on national TV is fine if it means she can support her business and I presume her education since we now know she must have tuition bills to pay too.  I don't happen to think those means are justified by those ends.  She could have done it in better ways without coming off as crude and classless, especially if she supposedly has all that education.  And what kind of example is she setting for the kids she had dancing with her in the dance battle?  That it's OK to act like a ratchet bitch on a smarmy reality show and engage in tacky/classless synchronized twerking as long as it's for a "worthy" goal?  Just Ugh.

She's paid to be a ratchet bitch, especially at the skinny.

She's this season's Kerryn Feehan.

Kerryn was paid to act rude on the skinny, and she's not a very good actress.  Her jokes to be rude came off as lame and not how she would normally behave.

This is the same with Jiya, I'm assuming.

• Love 3

Although I'm sorry she's had health problems, Babs is a bitch.  Glen was trying to speak for her, and she completely cut him down.  She likes to come off as some gracious Southern flower, and I think she really believes her act is funny.  It's not.  Don't like her at all.

When I look at Roy, I don't even notice his weight, he's just so damn cute. Buddy is a lazy slob.  He'll have a fatal heart attack within 10 years.  Todd is not a friend, he's a frenemy.  I have no idea why Tal and Heather were even on the show last night.

Oh yeah and I hate the term "Ratchet"

From the Urban Dictionary:

A Ghettoized form of the word Wretched: very unhappy, ill, etc.: very bad or unpleasant: very poor in quality or ability.

Popularized by American waste-of-space (See: Rapper) Lil' Boosie in his song "Ratchet" in which Boozie, aka Torrence Hatch, describes many of the foul people he encountered in his underprivledged life before being incarcerated for drug possession. He is currently a drain on the American taxpayer.

The term Ratchet is now used in excess by dumb, middle-class, white girls in an attempt to escape their mundane lives by pretending to be in touch with "the Hood". These tween cum stains are under the impression that their generation has, yet again, created something new and hip. Little do they know, the term Ratched is merely the latest example of a high school drop out using a mixture of phonetics and ebonics to create cock-ups of legitimate English words.

These tween morons are exactly the type of nimrod that Lil' Boozie would have tried to sell codeine to outside of the local mall.

Jenny: "OMG, Bianca, isn't that Taylor making out with your ex? That hoe is so ratchet".

Bianca: "Jenny, you're white. Please stop trying to sound like some wretched Ghetto trash and use proper English. Thanks."

• Love 9

I was worried when Babs said of a 10, she felt like she was a 6 health-wise. I hope they are taking good care of her. 

I'm not going to lie, when Roy revealed he was currently girlfriend-less part of me was like - I LIVE ACROSS TOWN FROM YOU, ROY, COME ON OVER!!!! But he's like 22 or something. And I'm 42 or something. So alas, it's not meant to be. But I adore Roy. 

Re: advanced degrees, I am currently pursuing my Masters in Education online (though a local university, not through Phoenix or something) and each semester requires about 60 hours of clinical observation, and then the additional seatwork for papers, reading, responses, discussion, etc. I am killing myself over here - I easily spend 25-30 hours a week on this mess and that's all after my kids get to bed so you can imagine how much sleep I am getting. Anyway, just wanted to respond to the idea that all of these advanced degrees were being handed out like candy. If that's true, then I got in the wrong line bitches!

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, goodbyeglittergirl said:

I was worried when Babs said of a 10, she felt like she was a 6 health-wise. I hope they are taking good care of her. 

I'm not going to lie, when Roy revealed he was currently girlfriend-less part of me was like - I LIVE ACROSS TOWN FROM YOU, ROY, COME ON OVER!!!! But he's like 22 or something. And I'm 42 or something. So alas, it's not meant to be. But I adore Roy. 

Re: advanced degrees, I am currently pursuing my Masters in Education online (though a local university, not through Phoenix or something) and each semester requires about 60 hours of clinical observation, and then the additional seatwork for papers, reading, responses, discussion, etc. I am killing myself over here - I easily spend 25-30 hours a week on this mess and that's all after my kids get to bed so you can imagine how much sleep I am getting. Anyway, just wanted to respond to the idea that all of these advanced degrees were being handed out like candy. If that's true, then I got in the wrong line bitches!

Ha ha, yeah, you're in the wrong line! You're taking online classes from a brick and mortar school. That's much different than paying $50,000 to do a few tests online and receiving your degree in 12 months from a web-based for-profit school. I think most universities now offer online classes. Online classes are a lot different than online schools. Up until this semester my husband taught 3 online classes a semester, as well as two in the actual classroom. He loved teaching the online ones. What I fear is that the popularity of these diploma mills will start lessening the value of the degrees that are earned by people like you (and me) who really ARE killing themselves to get one. 

Wasn't The Skinny a two-parter last time? I seem to remember it dragging out over the course of two weeks last time. There are times when it looks like Todd can't hide the contempt it looks like he feels. And I agree with the person that said it didn't look like Buddy and Heather are still dating. I suspected that all season long and there was close to zero interaction between the two on the reunion show. Buddy *might* have been acting when he stormed off, but I don't think so. For one thing, the producer briefly broke the 4th wall by telling him they were "just trying to do their jobs" (which I thought was interesting to admit for a reality show) and for another, Shaun looked legitimately uncomfortable at one point when he returned. Like a deer in headlights. 

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, Honey said:

Oh yeah and I hate the term "Ratchet"

I don't like the term either, especially when I don't think it applies. I don't think Jiya has behaved in a "ghetto" or "ratchet" way at all. But my only research has been a lifetime of massive rap and hip-hop fandom. "Ratchet" doesn't just mean "she's black," it means "they are snatching weaves up in here."

• Love 10
2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

From Wikipedia: 

Heteroflexibility is a form of a sexual orientation or situational sexual behavior characterized by minimal homosexual activity in an otherwise primarily heterosexual orientation that is considered to distinguish it from bisexuality. It has been characterized as "mostly straight".

LOL I love the phrase "situational sexual behavior," that basically sounds like Whitney in a nutshell.

Also known as "first available," lol.

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I don't like the term either, especially when I don't think it applies. I don't think Jiya has behaved in a "ghetto" or "ratchet" way at all. But my only research has been a lifetime of massive rap and hip-hop fandom. "Ratchet" doesn't just mean "she's black," it means "they are snatching weaves up in here."

It reminds me of Nurse Ratched from One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.  People always get it wrong, and call her Nurse Ratchet.

44 minutes ago, okerry said:

Also known as "first available," lol.

Or as us "old-timers" call it..."Any port in a storm".

• Love 6

Just getting around to watching this...

1. Losing the dance battle was one of the biggest disappointments of her life? Really? Ugh.

2. The nurse basically confirming she was pregnant with just a hormone test? I mean granted my only experience with this is HIV tests but unless there is an actual confirmed diagnosis they go out of their way to say it is preliminary if you test positive. Thankfully I have never had a false positive or a positive result in general but they go out of their way to tip-toe around that from the beginning.  I mean it's not the same thing but both are extremely emotional things, I would think the nurse would do the same, especially with someone with PCOS which is apparently known to give false positives.

3. OMG Buddy is not well.

4. Cornering Roy again was gross. Shawn saying "Were you forthcoming about having a girlfriend?". It was none of her or his legitimate co-workers business. Why does all of this fall on Roy? Roy has to answer for the relationship that Whit made up? A friendly kiss? Fuck you.

5. YOU ARE NOT DATING A WOMAN! JESUS FUCKING CHRIST YOU ARE 33, ONE BAD KISS IS NOT A FUCKING RELATIONSHIP.

6. Jiya came off well here IMO. I mean it's nothing I would do myself but giving the circumstances she came across well to me. And calling Jenzi a woman again, what the fuck?

7. Common theme is Whitney's followers are fucking nuts. And now Whit, you can not "twerk" or go "crotch to socks", look at you, you can barely walk.

8. Glenn talking about Whit jeopardizing her health to dance, seriously?

9. Seriously, Whit was being such a fucking bitch about the rent thing. Really? I'm actually taking Buddy's side on this. Whitney was clearly trying to throw Buddy under the bus and I believe it is legitimately complicated if they are really good friends and roommates. Yeah. I totally believe if they were close friends that they would exchange financial responsibilities back and forth. I get rent and utilities are different but I have had friends ask me to pick up their bar tab or dinner for whatever reason and asked the same of them. It has nothing to do with being a deadbeat or broke, it's just you pay for drinks and you pay for dinner or I have a bunch of unknown debits coming out and am waiting for a direct deposit to clear do you mind getting me tonight and I will get you next time? And that's before I get to my partner, fuck if either of us know who is paying more, we are probably +/- $1,000+ in either direction at this point. And really? It was a multi-camera on stage and they had that shoulder camera fired up ready to go right when he walked off?

10. What would it mean for her dance class to go on tour with the FM? SHE DOESN'T HAVE A DANCE CLASS!

Misc: Whit's makeup was terrible, that lipstick and her eyes, she looked like a drag queen clown. Don't believe Buddy and Heather are still together if they even have been since this season started or ever have been. Nope, not even the least bit of chemistry.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, John M said:

Just getting around to watching this...

1. Losing the dance battle was one of the biggest disappointments of her life? Really? Ugh.

2. The nurse basically confirming she was pregnant with just a hormone test? I mean granted my only experience with this is HIV tests but unless there is an actual confirmed diagnosis they go out of their way to say it is preliminary if you test positive. Thankfully I have never had a false positive or a positive result in general but they go out of their way to tip-toe around that from the beginning.  I mean it's not the same thing but both are extremely emotional things, I would think the nurse would do the same, especially with someone with PCOS which is apparently known to give false positives.

4. Cornering Roy again was gross. Shawn saying "Were you forthcoming about having a girlfriend?". It was none of her or his legitimate co-workers business. Why does all of this fall on Roy? Roy has to answer for the relationship that Whit made up? A friendly kiss? Fuck you.

Don't believe Buddy and Heather are still together if they even have been since this season started or ever have been. Nope, not even the least bit of chemistry.

Ugh agreed. How was that one of the biggest disappointments of her life? Her whole life? Honestly? Not barely being able to do something she loves anymore because she weighs damn near 400 pounds. Not being thisclose to diabetes. Not any breakups or lost loves or her PCOS. This fucking dance battle that was thrown together for her stupid tv show on a whim? Fuck ooooff.

Yeah you can confirm that shit at home with a pee test. I'm going to the dr for legit confirmation but...they will give you a pee test first. At least that's my experience. But I don't have PCOS or any condition that would give you a false positive (which is super rare by the way, and I doubt she had honestly because you have to be ovulating to have the kind of cyst that produces a false positive, to the best of my knowledge). 

She needs to stop with the Roy shit. I can't believe she was SO dumbfounded that he said they weren't friends and were just coworkers. Like "why didn't you teeeeelllllllll meeeeee?!!?" "Uh because we weren't friends. I was your boss..." "WHAT." Honestly?

I don't think so either. They were barely shown together all season.

• Love 5

Y'all, I just walked out to my garden to check on something and I walked over a big copperhead. My instinct, after running back inside, was to get on here and read Whitney updates to calm myself down. So, you know, thanks for this!

In a way I'd kind of miss the show. I know a lot of us are the 600PL board together, but it's a different kind of snark. And after last night's show I am now on the edge of my seat in terms of BUddy's health. 

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, scoopski potata said:

She needs to stop with the Roy shit. I can't believe she was SO dumbfounded that he said they weren't friends and were just coworkers. Like "why didn't you teeeeelllllllll meeeeee?!!?" "Uh because we weren't friends. I was your boss..." "WHAT." Honestly?

Right? I mean I think I have a pretty good relationship with my boss, we will text each other sometimes about non-work related stuff, we talk about movies, TV, restaurants, concerts, things we did on the weekend, etc. You know what rarely ever comes up? His wife or my boyfriend. I mean sure, in passing, I went with X to do this or that, he knows I am in a relationship and his name, I know his wife's name but it rarely comes up in work conversation, it's typically we this and we that, we know who "we" is. And I work for a very small company and have worked for him for years, why the hell would Roy want to talk about his girlfriend to some fake intern for a TV show?

Edited by John M
  • Love 7

I listened to the first few minutes of the radio show today and they briefly talked about this episode. Roy felt the need to point out that they filmed him at an unflattering angle. LauRen's husband was offended by how freely Whitney called herself and Roy fat. Maney mentioned that he called her a slut on national TV, to which Roy responded "I'll tell ya, I have a whole story with that". Maybe I'm reading too much into that, but my first thought was that she went a little too far with those texts they exchanged. Maybe in response to his picture of a mountain which she was certain had the subtext of saying "wish you were here", she sent him a picture of her bed. haha

The way they talk about her, they clearly don't like her.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, M.F. Luder said:

I listened to the first few minutes of the radio show today and they briefly talked about this episode. Roy felt the need to point out that they filmed him at an unflattering angle. LauRen's husband was offended by how freely Whitney called herself and Roy fat. Maney mentioned that he called her a slut on national TV, to which Roy responded "I'll tell ya, I have a whole story with that". Maybe I'm reading too much into that, but my first thought was that she went a little too far with those texts they exchanged. Maybe in response to his picture of a mountain which she was certain had the subtext of saying "wish you were here", she sent him a picture of her bed. haha

The way they talk about her, they clearly don't like her.

And she wonders why they didn't rush to give her a job. ?

It would do her some good to stop focusing on herself and actually pay attention to others around her. She appears to have no awareness that she's making a complete fool of herself.

Edited by Complexity
typo
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, M.F. Luder said:

Maybe I'm reading too much into that, but my first thought was that she went a little too far with those texts they exchanged. Maybe in response to his picture of a mountain which she was certain had the subtext of saying "wish you were here", she sent him a picture of her bed. haha

Well they do a radio show with a lot of prep about topics that often involves activities outside of the studio and she is ostensibly his intern/employee. Did Whit every say what was supposed to be suggestive about those photos or text messages?

I have long strings of text messages including photos from co-workers that almost exclusively involve work, I could scroll the very long text strings full of photos from people at work and the most you would gain from if you read and looked at it is that sometimes I have a shitty job and I need photos to understand how badly things are fucked up or will be.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Well, I think it's acceptable to consider having a tv show as your primary job.  I mean, what employer is going to allow you to take off work, to film your reality tv show?  And is it really worth it?  Based on her capability, it's unlikely that Whit would be able to make even a fraction of what TLC pays her.(Radio show hosts don't make much money at all, based on everything that I have heard and read for years.)  THEREFORE, I think it's very smart to put as much effort and energy as possible into the TLC gig.

It would indeed be very smart! However - 

In season 1, we were told that the premise of the show was Whit attempting to lose weight and get her health in order, while at the same time she was unashamedly pursuing things like dance and swimming at the beach, in an attempt to be both "fit" and "fat".  For her efforts and energy WRT the original premise of the show, I give her an F.

It has been mentioned here in the past that the idea of BGDC is a great one that probably would reach a large market - and would be something that could keep her in funds long after her 15 minutes on TV has passed.  I'm a "big girl" myself who likes to dance - and if she were to franchise something like that, I'm even "fit and fat" enough to buy one!  But we have learned that BGDC doesn't even exist outside of filming.  -F

She supposedly had a fun job - that she was able to do - with that minor league baseball team in her home town.  She refused to buy and wear the uniform of khaki pants, and went with nude leggings instead - enough said - F

Her current internship, which she seems to expect to lead to a full time job whenever anyone goes on leave/quits - yet she can't be bothered to show up without her camera crew, and even showing up is half-assed - unbathed, uncombed, unprofessional dress, etc. etc. etc. - F

Also with the radio "internship" - no questions prepared for Pride, banal "questions" for HRC - F

An opportunity to work with a great trainer who is taking an interest in her diet and fitness and could teach her many things and sincerely wants to help her - something many people would kill for - F

(Mocking said trainer and his interest in her whilst stuffing her face at a party - A+)

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, princelina said:

It has been mentioned here in the past that the idea of BGDC is a great one that probably would reach a large market - and would be something that could keep her in funds long after her 15 minutes on TV has passed.  I'm a "big girl" myself who likes to dance - and if she were to franchise something like that, I'm even "fit and fat" enough to buy one!  But we have learned that BGDC doesn't even exist outside of filming.

She's trademarked BGDC.  HOWEVER, she proves that it's not possible for a MBFFL dancer to teach a class consistently as to provide an income.  She's constantly exhausted when she teaches, and quite often its Todd Dancing, with Twit teaching from a seated position ala Jenzi. (except that Jenzi actually has choreo.)

If BGDC is to ever take off, it will always be the standard skinny girl teaching.

3 hours ago, John M said:

9. Seriously, Whit was being such a fucking bitch about the rent thing. Really? I'm actually taking Buddy's side on this. Whitney was clearly trying to throw Buddy under the bus and I believe it is legitimately complicated if they are really good friends and roommates. Yeah. I totally believe if they were close friends that they would exchange financial responsibilities back and forth. I get rent and utilities are different but I have had friends ask me to pick up their bar tab or dinner for whatever reason and asked the same of them. It has nothing to do with being a deadbeat or broke, it's just you pay for drinks and you pay for dinner or I have a bunch of unknown debits coming out and am waiting for a direct deposit to clear do you mind getting me tonight and I will get you next time? And that's before I get to my partner, fuck if either of us know who is paying more, we are probably +/- $1,000+ in either direction at this point. And really? It was a multi-camera on stage and they had that shoulder camera fired up ready to go right when he walked off?

I thought that it was really noble for Zeke to remain silent after Jeff outed him and instead, the other competitors jumped in to chastise Jeff for.... wait, what?

Sorry, wrong forum.  I thought I was in the Survivor forum.

Yeah, this mess.  Buddy may be a shitty guy.  Don't know, but from the way all of them stood by as he was being thrown under the bus, Buddy has got some shitty friends.  Maybe the way they had a camera ready.  This is some sick stuff, and I love watching it.

• Love 3
On 4/25/2017 at 9:53 PM, qqererer said:

untitled.thumb.JPG.d712984b5c8d3d48902cead4384f955e.JPG

Will someone please tell me, why oh why does she persist in displaying those Hog Legs she calls her arms?sleeves are your friends Whitney!!!

( I know, I know, Hand basket to hell and all that.)

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Diamond Dog said:

I don't see how they can stretch out this show for another season. It's boring, badly edited, and Twit is getting more and more narcissistic. Her ego is as big as her butt. She's convinced that every man or woman  lusts after her and that she has an amazing career as a dancer. In reality, she has no career other than being a TLC joke. And her love interests are hired by the show.

The reunion was bad, the host was obnoxious, and I'm embarrassed for the lot of them. Todd needs to take it down a notch. The ginger therapist guy is pretty thirsty too. Buddy needs to leave Twitland, and get his health, and self respect back. 

I felt bad for Roy, but he walked into the lions den willingly. He's definitely regained the weight he had lost. People can be cruel on social media, and he'd be wise to take out his frustrations at the gym, rather than go to food.  

Babs and Glenn need to take a long extended holiday away from Twit. Or better yet, Glenn should retire, and they should move to Florida, and take up golf, or something other than being involved in their daughter's dysfunctional life. Cut the strings, and let Twit paddle her own canoe. She will never going to grow up until people in her life stop coddling her. I know this because my sister has two sons who have been told they are special snowflakes all their life. They cannot function without constant validation and parental handholding through the ups and downs  in life. They will probably never leave home, or know what it's like to be truly self sufficient.  A cautionary tale for all parents out there; love them, but  know when to let go.

Not sure I can even hate watch this circus any more. I hope it's cancelled--it'll be more fun trying to watch Twit get on in the real world. 

• Love 8

The idea above about turning BGDC into a franchise is the ONLY concept related to this show that has real-world value.  I'd go to a BGDC.  Unless Whitney is there as a special guest teacher.  I'd be sick that day.

The problem is, setting up a real company involves real work (not twerk).  Twitney has shown no interest in or propensity for real work.  Real work is not fabulous (in Twit's eyes), therefore it has no place in her life.

• Love 7

I hope the show continues.  It's a perfect example of how obesity is a complex issue, resistant to change and very self destructive.  Whit has conflicts with her friends and family, which is quite normal.(Certainly, much of the conflict is staged, fabricated, stretched, etc. The producers take a grain of truth and run with it for drama purposes. )  I'm not sure if that would be any different if she was average size or not.  Likely, she wouldn't be as interesting for a reality show if she didn't have some shtick. I happen to think that her journey to health (weight loss and fitness) would be a VERY compelling storyline.  However, it appears that Whit is very consumed with her addiction and it may not be in the cards for her.  Instead of seeing a transformation, we may witness her demise.  Very sad.....

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4

I missed the past few episodes (because real life made worrying about Whitney's imaginary one seem far less compelling) so I spent the past few evenings playing catch up. I have to wonder what kind of shit show storylines they're going to have to come up with if they manage to squeeze another season out of this idiot show.

Whitney came across so badly all season and this ep just really compiles all of her faults into a nice, compact package. She is crass and lazy and fame hungry and it's all ME ME ME ME ME!!! all the time. Nothing is important except in how it affects her (or how she thinks it affects her). Even her mother's health crisis was boiled down to how it might impact her "dance career". If she actually was friends with any of this group, I can't imagine why any of them would want to stay close to her after this season. I've had a friend like this and being around someone that self-centered all the time is just exhausting. She just came across so badly through the whole thing.

So my first thoughts... Whitney can volunteer to stand in for the orcas at Seaworld because she is beyond huge. Whatever little weight she lost over the season (and we're not talking much), she's clearly gained it all back and then some. Second thoughts... she must have pissed off the hair and makeup people. Third thoughts, who is dressing her? Sleeves, woman! Sleeves! We don't need to see all that all the time!

So much of this was rehashed tediousness. No heifer, you were never pregnant so stop talking like you were. No heifer, Roy was never into you! It doesn't matter whether or not he had a girlfriend at the time. He didn't want you like that! No heifer, you spoke just as much shit about Jiya as she did about you, so stop painting yourself as some kind of victim. And Jesus on a pogo stick... stop taking your shirt off all the time! I'm trying to get over the retinal scarring.

Jiya actually came across really well here, IMO. She didn't rise to Whitney's baiting and just came across as composed and above all this. I'm not going to criticize her about what school she's getting her degrees through because she's at least looking to better herself. And one thing I noticed about the dance battle when the kids came out - Jiya and the other women were doing the same dance moves as the kids did. She wasn't using them as a distraction to hide the fact that she couldn't do the moves (the way Whitney does with her more physically fit dancers). And there was a clear difference made between the two classes (though I really hesitate to use that word about Whitney's BGDG) in that Jiya's class is meant to challenge and push her students while Whitney's isn't. Putting them in competition against each other is pretty pointless and I was kind of glad that Jiya brushed off the idea.

Buddy looks awful and going on about his finances was a pretty cheap shot. And Todd was definitely given the asshole edit. Sitting through this run down of the past season was just a boring waste of time. As for the Fitness Marshall... please, Whitney! Join him on tour! I need something to laugh at.

• Love 9

I don't think comparing people to animals, because of their size  benefits the person.  We all have issues of some sort.  Some people have family conflict, some have financial issues, some suffer with substance abuse issues.  Whit has her share of them, but, she's still human and I prefer to be blunt, but not hurtful. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don't think comparing people to animals, because of their size  benefits the person.

To be fair, I have frequently seen people call others "heifer" regardless of their size, to describe someone who is generally boorish.

• Love 7

To sum up: WHITNEY'S WEIGHT IS NOT AN ISSUE WHATSOEVER*. She is living the dream*. Don't hate. Don't be jelly*. Cancel the show and go on with fabulous* life in Greensboro. More than 15 minutes are up. TLC should return in 4 or 5 years to follow up in an honest way. That would be interesting.

*Tongue dug into cheek

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

To be fair, I have frequently seen people call others "heifer" regardless of their size, to describe someone who is generally boorish.

I wasn't referring to you, but, thanks for the clarification. 

2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wasn't referring to you, but, thanks for the clarification. 

Yep I know, I figured you were referring to the "heifer" post since that was the last one I remembered using an animal name :) Maybe I'm a bad person to ask, though, since I call myself a "hungry hungry hippo" all the time.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Yep I know, I figured you were referring to the "heifer" post since that was the last one I remembered using an animal name :) Maybe I'm a bad person to ask, though, since I call myself a "hungry hungry hippo" all the time.

I see.   I suppose it's acceptable if you refer to yourself.  lol  I've just always thought that more can be accomplished with positive images.  And I don't think you are horrible person at all.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe

I think Roy should sue Twit & TLC for sexual harrassment. For all the "you were my intern" play-acting, we know the only real contract makes Roy an employee or contractor of TLC. What we've seen openly seems to be similar to Bill O'Reilly's antics, for which Fox had to pay out $13 million. And someone upthread pointed out that Roy said on KISS95.1 that what was filmed didn't begin to show the extent of Twit's obsessiveness. Perhaps, by now, TLC is so leery of Twit's inappropriate sexual behavior that they write in a paragraph stating a signee can't sue for sexual harrassment. If not,  Roy has more than enough evidence to never have to work a day in his life again.

The obsessive behavior astounds me. Roy. The guy she dated 3 years ago who is now getting married. Lennie: "you called me 10 times!" Amanda: on & on & on about a one-time kiss. Good thing Twit weighs 400+ pounds. (I am thru pretending she's lost weight.) She is too big & too disabled to be a stalker. Otherwise, she would probably make Jodi Arias look like the Saint of Relationships.

• Love 12
15 hours ago, John M said:

[W]hy the hell would Roy want to talk about his girlfriend to some fake intern for a TV show?

Especially when he has explained quite clearly that his then-girlfriend was uncomfortable with the public nature of his job and didn't want to be involved in his on-air life. Although I imagine that Whitney would find it completely strange and  incredible that anyone would prefer privacy over letting the whole world know SHE HAS A BOYFRIEND!!!

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Especially when he has explained quite clearly that his then-girlfriend was uncomfortable with the public nature of his job and didn't want to be involved in his on-air life. Although I imagine that Whitney would find it completely strange and  incredible that anyone would prefer privacy over letting the whole world know SHE HAS A BOYFRIEND!!!

Oh dear god, can you even imagine if Roy's girlfriend's identity was public knowledge? Whitney's fans would probably send her death threats. They are THAT NUTS. 

• Love 12
56 minutes ago, Dot said:

She is too big & too disabled to be a stalker.

Remember that night, last season, when Lennie's car wasn't at his house at 3AM or so, when Twit "happened to be driving by," and I think she pounded on the door, too.
So don't write off completely as a stalker.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, auntjess said:

http://www.flotography.com/what-to-do-when-a-snake-bites-you-on-a-remote-trail/
(Just saw this yesterday. FWIW)

That's the most damning part of her life, isn't it.

Growing up where I live, I've actually been snakebitten twice. When I was a kid, I woke up in bed just as a copperhead fell from my ceiling and landed on me. They used to get into our cabin all the time. Snake bites are so common here that we have an emergency supply of anti-venom for both copperheads and rattlers at our volunteer fire department. (Most people don't know that most hospitals don't carry much anti-venom, it has to be shipped in during emergencies.) 

I hope Whitney has been saving her TLC money. If her show isn't picked up again, then she's going to have trouble finding a "real" job. The reunion show was so boring that I fast-forwarded through most of it. In a lot of these TLC shows, we eventually start seeing signs of the cashflow: cast starts dressing better, houses get bigger, cars get more expensive, everyone starts vacationing together in exotic locales, etc. We've seen almost none of that with Whitney. If anything, she now dresses worse and has at least one roommate. What's up with that?

1 hour ago, Dot said:

I think Roy should sue Twit & TLC for sexual harrassment. For all the "you were my intern" play-acting, we know the only real contract makes Roy an employee or contractor of TLC. What we've seen openly seems to be similar to Bill O'Reilly's antics, for which Fox had to pay out $13 million. And someone upthread pointed out that Roy said on KISS95.1 that what was filmed didn't begin to show the extent of Twit's obsessiveness. Perhaps, by now, TLC is so leery of Twit's inappropriate sexual behavior that they write in a paragraph stating a signee can't sue for sexual harrassment. If not,  Roy has more than enough evidence to never have to work a day in his life again.

I am very interested in this. To me, Roy appeared to be legitimately uncomfortable and even annoyed. At first, I thought he was "in" on the whole setup but now I don't believe he was. I think he got dragged into it because his station, and by extension his radio show, got conned into a contract with TLC and he had to play along. I also thought that Whit's "obsession" was a makebelieve plot point-that she and everyone else knew that Roy wasn't into her and that the texts were actually show related ("hey, I'll be there at 9 to film", etc. etc.). The more I read and hear, however, the more I think that at least THAT part of what we saw was totally real and Whitney really IS obsessed. I might sue as well. 

I mean, look at it. She turned her disciples onto that doctor. Who's to say she wouldn't do the same to Roy?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

My grandma referred to me as "little heifer" up until the day she died. I am 4'10" and weigh 95 lbs but I eat like it's nobody's business. I kinda tear up now whenever I hear a cow reference...Nostalgia and all. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Dot said:

Perhaps, by now, TLC is so leery of Twit's inappropriate sexual behavior that they write in a paragraph stating a signee can't sue for sexual harrassment.

I don't think they can legally do that. Sexual harassment is a federal law. A measly TLC contract cannot nullify that law.

Edited by Complexity
8 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

My grandma referred to me as "little heifer" up until the day she died. I am 4'10" and weigh 95 lbs but I eat like it's nobody's business. I kinda tear up now whenever I hear a cow reference...Nostalgia and all. 

Your grandma sounds like she was pretty awesome! I love a good reverse nickname. I call my brother Fatty all the time, he is 6'5" and a muscular 230 so he is unaffected :)

Hey! "The Skinny!" It all makes sense! ;)

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Your grandma sounds like she was pretty awesome! I love a good reverse nickname. I call my brother Fatty all the time, he is 6'5" and a muscular 230 so he is unaffected :)

Hey! "The Skinny!" It all makes sense! ;)

My nana rocked. She smoked like a freight train so much that she sounded like a man, sold moonshine to the members of the Pentacostal Holiness church on Wednesday nights (though she, herself, was more pagan than anything), once shot a coyote between the eyes in the pitch dark from the front porch, had a homemade tattoo that read "true love" and made a mean apple stack cake. She died right after opening presents on her 80th birthday. Her last words were, "Well, I held on for the party."

Eat your heart out, Babs. Nana was a real steel magnolia. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 21
13 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I love a good reverse nickname. I call my brother Fatty all the time, he is 6'5" and a muscular 230 so he is unaffected :)

This reminds me of how my mom taught me how to not get offended by names that people call you. She said notice how only fat people get offended when people call them fat. Name calling only hurts when it points out the truth. 

Now, obviously that's not really 100% correct, but it did help me as a kid to give non-responses to people (mostly my siblings honestly, lol) who would try to hurt my feelings. It really takes the fun out of name calling when the target doesn't get upset.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, M.F. Luder said:

This reminds me of how my mom taught me how to not get offended by names that people call you. She said notice how only fat people get offended when people call them fat. Name calling only hurts when it points out the truth. 

Now, obviously that's not really 100% correct, but it did help me as a kid to give non-responses to people (mostly my siblings honestly, lol) who would try to hurt my feelings. It really takes the fun out of name calling when the target doesn't get upset.

That's a good point and it relates to something we saw at the reunion. Whitney said Roy was "fat" more than once (generally in an "us fat folks" sort of way) and Roy clearly didn't like it. It's interesting how Whitney feels so comfortable calling herself fat, or calling other obese people fat, but when some rando calls her fat (like at Pride), her feelings are so tremendously hurt. She really needs to figure out how she feels about that word. Or at least put together that, maybe for Roy, Whitney calling him "fat" feels like that rando at Pride calling Whitney "fat."

• Love 9
1 minute ago, ClareWalks said:

That's a good point and it relates to something we saw at the reunion. Whitney said Roy was "fat" more than once (generally in an "us fat folks" sort of way) and Roy clearly didn't like it. It's interesting how Whitney feels so comfortable calling herself fat, or calling other obese people fat, but when some rando calls her fat (like at Pride), her feelings are so tremendously hurt. She really needs to figure out how she feels about that word. Or at least put together that, maybe for Roy, Whitney calling him "fat" feels like that rando at Pride calling Whitney "fat."

You know what I think? I think Whit has move on from not wanting to be referred to as "fat" to finding another way to play victim. Now it's "you only did this to me because I am FAT!" or "You don't like me because I am FAT!" Whereas it used to be that she would barely acknowledge the fact that she was overweight. She's learned a new game. 

• Love 8
Just now, mamadrama said:

You know what I think? I think Whit has move on from not wanting to be referred to as "fat" to finding another way to play victim. Now it's "you only did this to me because I am FAT!" or "You don't like me because I am FAT!" Whereas it used to be that she would barely acknowledge the fact that she was overweight. She's learned a new game. 

She is playing the fat card!

• Love 7

Not too long ago someone speculated about Maney being on here and posting along with us. Maney, if you're reading this, this support is for YOU! Way to go for coming off as a regular person who hasn't partaken in the Whitney Kool-Aid. Enjoyed you on the reunion show. I hope that outside of The Skinny taping, you were able to enjoy what (I hope was) a free trip to the coast. Just try to keep an eye on Roy. He wasn't looking too well and as someone that's been on the brunt end of the Whitney fan rage, I can kind of relate to the stress. 

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, Complexity said:

I don't think they can legally do that. Sexual harassment is a federal law. A measly TLC contract cannot nullify that law.

Aren't there exceptions for things like acting? Which this certainly is.

4 minutes ago, John M said:

Aren't there exceptions for things like acting? Which this certainly is.

If an act of sexual harassment is not real, but only an act, then there are no laws broken... Similarly to how Freddie (Norman on Bates Motel) won't be charged with murdering anyone because it was just an act, not real.

However if actual sexual harassment occurred, no contract can make anyone above the law just as no contract can allow someone to get away with actual murder just because it was somehow put into a contract. No contract can nullify a law.

So the question is whether the sexual harassment was real or pretend.

Edited by Complexity
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

The Skinny taping, you were able to enjoy what (I hope was) a free trip to the coast.

Why would they spend all that money, on something that could have been filmed in any school gym, or a warehouse?  If it was a bonus, no one there merited it.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I mean, look at it. She turned her disciples onto that doctor. Who's to say she wouldn't do the same to Roy?

Oh, she already tried. How could we forget the whole "When He's Tryna Play, But You Have Receipts" Facebook posting of Whitney holding up her phone and dragging the texts that Roy and she exchanged?  Of course, you couldn't see what the texts said - for all any of her fans knew, they were arguing over her schedule of appearances and exchanging cat videos. But that didn't stop them from coming down hard on Roy, who showed up in the thread and tried to make a joke out of it. THAT didn't go over well . . .

The sexual harassment issue is an interesting one. A lot depends on the contracts involved. It may be that the contracts are between Beasley Group and TLC, with Maney, Roy, LauRen, Riley and Victoria doing the show as employees of Beasley, with no direct contract with TLC.  But I think it would be possible for an employee to sue his employer for creating a hostile work environment, if his employer put him in a situation where he was being sexually harassed, he had no power to stop it on his own authority (unlike if Whitney had been a real intern, where presumably Victoria, as the show's producer, could fire her for inappropriate and unprofessional conduct, and would do so at Roy's request) and his employer ignored his complaints or threatened him with some penalty for complaining. 

An employee agreeing in advance to waive any claims of sexual harassment against the employer wouldn't protect the employer. It would probably make things worse, as requiring an employee to waive his protection against harassment, discrimination, retaliation, is considered contrary to public policy and unenforceable, and  all it would do is raise the question of the bona fides of the employer who asks for such a thing. 

• Love 3

Clarewalks and Mamadrama are soooo right abt two points abt Twit, that I have to chime in and applaud your insights .  

Clarewalks pointed out the lack of consistency when Twit calls someone fat , but getting upset when someone calls her  fat.  Her own NBS rules don't apply to her.  

Mamadrama noted that Twit plays the fat victim card whenever it suits her needs, then changing the game whenever. 

I noticed on the reunion show and a few other times that Twit is one of those super-fucking annoying people who can never agree with someone else,  i.e ., they always have to change the other person's statement to control the narrative, thus  never letting the other persons statement stand as is.

For example,  when Jiya apologized, Twit contradicted her and did  the fake humble apology to take the upper hand, and not let Jiya be the bigger (ahem) person. Twit also did it to other folks comments,  even changing Shaun's questions to flatter herself.  

Does this make sense?   I thinks it's passive-aggressiveness, due to insecurity, as well as narcissism writ large.  

I hate Twit for her meanness towards others, lack of sensitivity  (Todd and Tal and Buddy),  and immaturity cuz its sickening. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Complexity said:

If an act of sexual harassment is not real, but only an act, then there are no laws broken... Similarly to how Freddie (Norman on Bates Motel) won't be charged with murdering anyone because it was just an act, not real.

However if actual sexual harassment occurred, no contract can make anyone above the law just as no contract can allow someone to get away with actual murder just because it was somehow put into a contract. No contract can nullify a law.

So the question is whether the sexual harassment was real or pretend.

What about like hardcore pornography?