Type keyword(s) to search

On Patrol: Live - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I do think the officer's initial approach was a bit aggressive. Who knows if he'd taken a low-key "hey buddy" approach to the mouthy adult son whether things would have remained relatively calm.

While they cooled their heels in jail, perhaps Trashy Family's drunken pea brains perceived that attacking police is NOT the way to behave. I felt sorry for the two little kids who were crying and beseeching.

The floor director cut away to commercial break when they should have continued broadcasting. I think he intuited that the officers needed a moment to collect themselves.

Speaking of floor directors, why did they keep showing us the perp's vomit-covered body in an earlier episode? I deleted the episode without finishing it.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 1

They're not rerunning the 12/14 Terre Haute episode today.   Instead they're rerunning the one that had the man in Nye County that was holding his mother and brother captive.  

They're also doing a rerun of part one of the top 40 moments of 2019 next, followed by the top 20 from 8 to 10 p.m. Central.

The older woman who couldn't even stand up because it was her birthday, and she was super drunk was amazing.     Some of the chases were incredible too.  #23- The rider on the motor cycle that tried to beat the tractor trailer through the intersection is lucky to be alive, and only have a broken leg.    I had to laugh at #22 during the long chase the Lawrence, In officer's K-9 partner really wants to take care of the bad guy.   The officer has to keep telling the dog to be quiet.  

The #2 case was bizarre.   A woman at a gas station gets out of the pick up she's driving, and locks the keys in the running vehicle, and it starts rolling.   It turns out that she had a lot of drugs in the pickup, but the funny thing is they have to blur her entire fanny sticking out of her pants.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

the young man fled in the white car from the police and crashed. That was bad. He was sitting and vomiting on himself. Probably a head injury. They then moved him from the car and had him walk but he was stumbling. Wow. Although he ran and should be arrested, he also might have a head, neck or back injury. That was not handled well. 

On 11/6/2019 at 4:08 PM, Jaded said:

I thought after that incident where a producer and/or camera person stepped in to get a small child out of harms way that the show started being delayed by about an hour or so.

Oooooh, not familiar with this.  Would somebody please tell me more?  Thanks!

On 12/15/2019 at 9:57 PM, 4Sibes Redux said:

At one point someone was trying to hold mama back & and her shirts seemed to be stretching or ripping off of her?

That was her young son.  Poor kid, I'll bet he's seen a lot in his short life.

Can we discuss "Alaska PD" here or will it have  it's own thread?  I liked it a lot but man, Fairbanks looks like a dismal place to  live.  I liked the cop featured the most (Garritt?) and the female cop who transferred from Virginia.  I'll keep watching this.

• Love 1

The child rescue by the producer was (I think) the first season.   Inv. Mastrianni  was in pursuit of a man in a minivan, the van wrecked.    The man tried to evade arrest by fighting Mastrianni while holding his own 4 year old (I think 4) child in one arm. 

Mastrianni was a wrestler before (college or high school, or both) so he handled the man, but the child was in the middle, and the producer grabbed the baby.     The mother of the child later defended the criminal boyfriend, and saying he wouldn't hurt the kid.      

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1

I remember that one. It was so crazy. Then when Mastrianni got the man on the ground the man kept resisting and moving around and at one moment it got really scary when the reaching for something in his back pocket and I thought maybe he was reaching for a knife or gun and that we were about to watch an office get stabbed or shot live on TV. He wasn't it turned out to be drugs. It was scary seeing him trying to reach into his pocket. The guys in the studio thought the same thing. Mastrianni didn't see that part until later when he saw the tape and it scared the crap out of him.

I found it on Youtube

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 2
On 1/4/2020 at 9:52 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

The child rescue by the producer was (I think) the first season.   Inv. Mastrianni  was in pursuit of a man in a minivan, the van wrecked.    The man tried to evade arrest by fighting Mastrianni while holding his own 4 year old (I think 4) child in one arm. 

Mastrianni was a wrestler before (college or high school, or both) so he handled the man, but the child was in the middle, and the producer grabbed the baby.     The mother of the child later defended the criminal boyfriend, and saying he wouldn't hurt the kid.      

The child was a toddler (under the age of 2).  It all stated at a party where he started shooting.  That is what lead to the chase.  When he tried to turn onto another street from N. Main St, he lost control and crashed.  No one knew he had a child with him, till he climbed out of the car swinging her to keep Mastrianni away.  Mastrianni was able to get the child away from him and that is when the producer stepped in to get the child.  It was strictly to protect the child from harm.  No one else that was watching would do anything but whip out their phones.  The child was injured in the crash-daddy didn't even have a car seat for her.   That was a very scary night.  Especially when the guy kept trying to reach into his pocket, was so scared that we were going to see Mastrianni shot.  The courts would not allow him near the child and I had heard at one point, that DSS had taken over custody of the child.  I do not know what has happened since.  Mastrianni has been promoted to Investigator with RCSD. 

This incident occurred in Aug. 2017.  It was on YouTube for a long time.

On 1/4/2020 at 11:21 PM, andromeda331 said:

I remember that one. It was so crazy. Then when Mastrianni got the man on the ground the man kept resisting and moving around and at one moment it got really scary when the reaching for something in his back pocket and I thought maybe he was reaching for a knife or gun and that we were about to watch an office get stabbed or shot live on TV. He wasn't it turned out to be drugs. It was scary seeing him trying to reach into his pocket. The guys in the studio thought the same thing. Mastrianni didn't see that part until later when he saw the tape and it scared the crap out of him.

I found it on Youtube

Mastrianni had just learned he was going to be a father when that happened.

• Love 4

Just started watching LivePD last spring & got hooked; glad to find this board.

I was sad to see EP & Sroka go; really liked him. The Alabama crew were asking on SM whether they should re-sign for another season. I liked the female cop so I would like to see them back. I thought her partner was great too. I think Pomona is a good addition so far & very happy to see Nye back. I also like Montana & Bill Burt.

Very sorry to hear about Lor & hope he does well & can enjoy his well earned retirement.

Does anyone know where I can see that footage of him biting a woman who ran & her saying "dumb dog"?  From reading it seems to be many people's favorite Lor moment & I haven't caught it so far.

• Love 1

There's an Officer Burt on Alaska PD (or maybe state troopers) and I wonder if he is related to Montana Burt.

Lor (K9 from Greene County MO)  recently underwent surgery.

Hoping this brave dog recovers and is able to enjoy a pain-free and happy retirement. He has earned it ten-fold.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 4

Poor Dan.  He says he has PTSD from the dog last week, the one that dropped a ball, Dan tried to return it, and the dog ripped it out of his hand.    However that handler did say not to touch the dog.  

The dog tonight is so funny, he's much friendlier, but keeps making this funny noise while chewing on his toy.     I think his name is Bear, and poor Dan looks like he's not sure petting him is safe either.    I've been surprised at how friendly the dogs they've had on have been (Lor, Shep, and others), but I imagine the really aggressive dogs wouldn't be brought on the show anyway.      

I can' t believe how big the legal arsenal in Richland County is.    Lt. Brown is certainly enjoying going through them.  

Wow, the Crime of the Week was amazing, see the spoiler

Spoiler

It's the stand off where they shot the truck window out with rubber bullets, and the K-9 went through the window and nailed the guy.   The dog, Duke, is fine.  Who cares about the criminal. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Bear is really cute. I wouldn't want him coming at me doing his job, but sitting in studio he looked really cute.

Cat lady was great in the second hour - America's Top Cat headline- lol. I miss having cats since my son is allergic. 😥

• Love 3

I want to know what happened with the guy in Nye County who said his wife drove off and left him. 

It's eye-opening, how much police work involves mental health/psychological intervention.  Amazing that they (most of them) have so much patience. 

It's interesting to think about how different police work would be if marijuana was legal in all 50 states.  Frustrating to think that what gets you a ticket in some states puts you in jail in other states.  A few episodes ago they had a dealer who was released -- even after the cop found quantity and cash -- and a guy with a few buds for personal use went to jail.  Makes no sense.

• Love 5

I think Live PD should have a dog in the studio on all the shows. They are well behaved.

This show is fascinating to watch. It's sad that there are so many people in distress and struggling to survive while being mentally or physically sick.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

I want to know what happened with the guy in Nye County who said his wife drove off and left him. 

I know it's his personal business, but it's hard not to wonder. I felt bad for him being filmed as he was clearly in distress.

I really like this & Live Rescue but also feel sometimes, depending on the situation, they need to have more respect & consideration for some of the people. I know there are cameras everywhere but it's not the same as being shown on TV.

12 hours ago, oakville said:

I think Live PD should have a dog in the studio on all the shows. They are well behaved.

Agree. Isn't there a new show focusing on the K9's?  I caught it once but there are so many spin offs now I keep missing them.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I really like this & Live Rescue but also feel sometimes, depending on the situation, they need to have more respect & consideration for some of the people. I know there are cameras everywhere but it's not the same as being shown on TV.

I agree.  It's weird -- if they see that someone wants to be on TV, they move the camera off them, but when someone asks not to be filmed, they blow him off.

I don't like the patronizing attitude some of the cops have.  Calling people "bro" and "brother".  They're not fooling anyone.  Also the Come to Jesus/Fatherly talks about getting their life straight -- these people have been hearing that for years.  If they didn't listen to mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, teachers, preachers, siblings, employers, friends -- they're not going to listen to you either. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

I agree.  It's weird -- if they see that someone wants to be on TV, they move the camera off them, but when someone asks not to be filmed, they blow him off.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but in LivePD if someone doesn't want to be on camera they zoom in, & on Live Rescue if they don't want to be on camera, they keep filming, but from a distance.

8 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

I don't like the patronizing attitude some of the cops have.  Calling people "bro" and "brother".  They're not fooling anyone.  Also the Come to Jesus/Fatherly talks about getting their life straight -- these people have been hearing that for years.  If they didn't listen to mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, teachers, preachers, siblings, employers, friends -- they're not going to listen to you either. 

I wonder if they do that as much when the cameras aren't there LOL.  Most of the people are only 'listening' because they're playing nice with authority, but just for that moment.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DoctorK said:

Actually, it looked to me more like an old fashioned night shirt, like we see in silent movies from the 1920's on TCM.

Could be, but I think the old-time shirts were linen or cotton.  Dog Man's shirt looked like knit.  I've seen those for sale as sleepwear, but in the women's section.  It did look comfortable. 

I pity the judge (or attorney) who has to explain to Mailbox Man that a simple touch can be assault.  He probably pushed harder than what he admitted. 

• Love 3

I felt bad for Dog Man's SO, who seemed afraid of him. That's a rough life for her.

Mailbox man was working that cop, as if he did nothing wrong.

Interesting about the catnip. I've seen catnip start behavioral problems in otherwise awesome cats LOL.

• Love 3

I thought the old dog man had a woman's nightgown on,WTH???  The guy sounded and acted like he was  halfway sauced and abusive. Poor wife looked half scared to death, I thought for a second there when she was alone with the policewoman, she was hoping she could leave and go to a shelter.  So many losers last night with drug and alcohol problems , just brings so much drama into their lives. 

• Love 6

They're starting off with some amazing cases tonight.    Some man decided he wanted to break into a home in Terre Haute, and was armed.  Fortunately, the homeowner managed to deflect the man's aim, and no one was hit.   Then the car wreck in Tulsa was awful.  

The couple in the car in Lawrence were fools.    I can't believe the man was only 19 either, he looked a lot older.     A hint for the girlfriend, if they can't afford a decent motel room, get another boyfriend. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
On 10/6/2019 at 9:44 AM, pasdetrois said:

I Really Do Like the show -- Live PD! I can't believe that this is the 4th Season of the show. The only true issue that I started to have with A&E, and the "Creators & Developers," of it..., is that there's WAY TOO MUCH of it All on A&E! Where did ALL the other types of Great Shows that were on A&E run off too!? There are a few different types of shows, however A&E is NOTHING like it was before! Nowadays it's just Numerous Show Types from Police Patrol -- All the way to the Court Series! Live Rescue is good, yet I'm just "Nervous In Thought," of if & when it might blow out of proportion itself! All I can say that might help..., A&E - Don't let anymore shows come out like this! At least for quite awhile! Y'all are overdoing it, & Everyone on this Planet needs numerous things to Choose from! 

2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

They're starting off with some amazing cases tonight.    Some man decided he wanted to break into a home in Terre Haute, and was armed.  Fortunately, the homeowner managed to deflect the man's aim, and no one was hit.   Then the car wreck in Tulsa was awful.  

That crash was terrible. I'm so glad the homeowner not only stopped that robber but held him down until the police could get there. Good for him. Also to the ah couple romancing the backseat of the car in Lawrence maybe next time pick a better spot then a closed park cops are going to wonder why there's a car parked there when its closed.

• LOL 1
14 hours ago, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

Poor wife looked half scared to death

I thought she was almost asking for help, and I really wanted her to. That police woman and we know she got abuse that night.  Nothing the officer could do though without being asked for help.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Also to the ah couple romancing the backseat of the car in Lawrence maybe next time pick a better spot then a closed park

Nothing more embarrassing than having a cop shine his flashlight into your car when you're doing the romancing. So I've heard. Never happened to me. Slinks off into a corner.

• LOL 9
17 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I can't believe the man was only 19 either, he looked a lot older.   

Yeah he did, which concerned me because she was 17, but they checked his ID so guess it checked out.

They were doing the BJ, for real.  (hey 90 Day'ers)

Was glad to see Bill Burt & MT  - I really wanted them to taze cuff that asshole who was threatening to the 12 yo though. Burt was much more patient with him than he deserved.

Nice ending, though, seeing the Nye County lady with her Twinkle dog again.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 3
On 1/16/2020 at 10:12 PM, AuntiePam said:

It's eye-opening, how much police work involves mental health/psychological intervention.  Amazing that they (most of them) have so much patience.

I'm an ER RN and hubby is a Deputy, both our jobs are made so much harder dealing with this issue! On average I would say 20% of our resources are tied up by mental health crisis and/or drug addiction (including alcohol). Some nights it's closer to 50% 😲 A lot of those are "regulars" that come in every few days or weeks, but we have to work them up every time. The deputies have to bring them in and then sit on the room for hours, the whole thing is discouraging and frustrating.

I like that this show gives the public a look at what a problem this is today.

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, cocobeans said:

I'm an ER RN and hubby is a Deputy, both our jobs are made so much harder dealing with this issue! On average I would say 20% of our resources are tied up by mental health crisis and/or drug addiction (including alcohol). Some nights it's closer to 50% 😲 A lot of those are "regulars" that come in every few days or weeks, but we have to work them up every time. The deputies have to bring them in and then sit on the room for hours, the whole thing is discouraging and frustrating.

I like that this show gives the public a look at what a problem this is today.

I wouldn't be able to handle either of your jobs.  Until you're both better paid, thank you.

I can't even imagine what it must be like to have to treat some of the sadder cases.  You know that a lot of those folks haven't been able to bathe in days, weeks, ?   They're likely to be frightened, if they're even aware of what's going on.  We see them being surly and obnoxious with people who are just trying to help them, and it's really hard to be sympathetic. 

And then there are the ones who are just a@@holes.  I just want to smack some of 'em upside the head, and tell them to shut up. 

• Love 5

We expect way too much of our police and first responders in general. Why are they expected to be mental health experts? The costs of narcan and bringing people back from the brink of death are a huge burden. While I respect what you all do, a part of me says just let them go. I have not called for an ambulance when I needed one, because I knew I'll be paying a steep price because of the people who can't pay.

Sorry for the rant, but this show makes me want to rant.

• Love 6

So Montana is not on the show any more. That sucks. Loved officer Bill. 

That whacko in the pink nightgown.. Smh. I feel bad for his wife and dog. 

I read Twitter when I'm watching. So many people think if pot was legalized across the board, the cops wouldn't have anything to do. Actually yes, they would. They'd be busting stoned drivers, and actually probably have more stoned drivers because it's legal to smoke. But not realizing that it will still be illegal to drive stoned. Just stay home and smoke your weed. Why is that so hard? 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

So Montana is not on the show any more. That sucks.

Missoula had some of the best scenes.

I think they had to rescue a bear out of a dumpster.

Edited by nokat
  • Love 5

I wonder if Missoula will be back in the spring.  Winters are severe up there. 

Although wasn't there a bit of Missoula in the last episode?  Wasn't that where the tall cop with the odd voice was talking to a drunk who had threatened a 12-year-old?  And Officer Bill was doing a drunk test on someone?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, AuntiePam said:

Wasn't that where the tall cop with the odd voice was talking to a drunk

You made me almost choke to death with the "cop with the odd voice." You mean the one who sounds like a muppet?

• LOL 2

Hopefully Montana comes back in the spring. 

With the harsh winters, and the long nights, it means that most of Montana's time will be in the dark and/or snow (which may make it difficult to get camera crews out there). While I love seeing the winter weather at times, I can understand why they'd cut back on Montana's time.

Once the spring comes, they'll have more daylight time during the Live PD period, and will also be able to take advantage of events due to the thaw, so hopefully the Live crews will be back out there then. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, nokat said:

You made me almost choke to death with the "cop with the odd voice." You mean the one who sounds like a muppet?

Ha!  That's the one.  I used to be able to make my voice sound like that but I've lost that talent.  I wonder if it's something that could be corrected surgically -- tonsils, adenoids, vocal cords  -- ?  Or not -- he speaks clearly and that's what's important.

It's distracting the first time he speaks, and then I get used to it. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

So Montana is not on the show any more. That sucks. Loved officer Bill. 

I like him too.

5 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

Although wasn't there a bit of Missoula in the last episode?  Wasn't that where the tall cop with the odd voice was talking to a drunk who had threatened a 12-year-old?  And Officer Bill was doing a drunk test on someone?

Yes they were shown; maybe they had a quiet night? I hope they're still on the show.

I miss AL too; thought they were very good with lots of action.

4 hours ago, nokat said:

Yes, muppet cop!  So funny. I like him too.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, nokat said:

Gets pulled over, kermit asks for my license, I look at miss piggy.

You tell him those aren't your pants.

Don't forget to ask him 20 times if he is "serious".

Edited by TexasTiffany
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 1/22/2020 at 7:33 AM, nokat said:

Missoula had some of the best scenes.

I think they had to rescue a bear out of a dumpster.

I hope they return.  That is one that I do miss.  They had the more interesting things.  What other department has to deal with bears in the city?  Just loved that department and really sad to see them gone.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, AuntiePam said:

It's distracting the first time he speaks, and then I get used to it.

I think he also usually has chewing tobacco tucked in his lip. I may be wrong. Yes, when you first hear the Kermit voice come out of this very tall guy, it's a bit of a shock. ;)

• Love 4