Type keyword(s) to search

On Patrol: Live - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Officer Rebecca Loeb has always been one one of my favorites. She is so smart, articulate, but yet so much shyer than on the actual show. Poor woman seems uncomfortable in front of national TV, but she is so young, bright and intelligent! I bet she finds her voice tomorrow night. Second night they are more relaxed.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Brattinella said:

Okay, this dickhead cop in Pinal County pulls over a Parkour artist.... an ATHLETE.  Do you not understand??  Arrests him for dry mouth, and doing a backflip!  He did a backflip to PROVE to you that he wasn't under the influence. I wanna see YOU do it, Jerko.

Doing a backflip doesn’t mean you’re not under the influence. That guy seemed way high on something. 

• Love 2

That stop just now in Richland County, SC where the guy had the Medical MJ Card from CA was disgusting. Then they arrested him because he was from out of state and probably wouldn't be back even if he got summoned to court?!? So his car full of stuff will probably get impounded if he doesn't have someone to come to pick it up. Unless they just leave it there while it has his Walmart items in it. The guy wasn't even being aggressive.

The other MJ call from the start of the show was going ok until the cop read the Miranda rights/warning to the guy so he could ask how much he started off with, where he got it, how he paid for it, if he pawned stolen property to get it and etc...When the cop started asking those leading questions the show made sure to move on to another call pretty quickly.

• Love 4

I'm glad Dep. Perez was there in Richland County to help diffuse the situation with the MJ guy. From what's been said so far the guy was just sitting in his car in the parking lot. I wonder who it was that called the cops to alert them to him or if Lt. Brown spotted him in his car? Glad they ended up letting him go.

I also wonder why Dan and Tom are all dressed up tonight.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Jaded said:

At the end of the show they said they dressed up for the holidays and it's the last episode of the season/year. New episodes the first week of January.

Wow. Talk about a lesson in how to (and NOT to) deal with people, comparing Lt. Brown vs Dep. Perez's dealings with parking lot medical marijuana guy. Brown just kept repeating his damn self all tic-like and escalating the situation, and I would have gotten all defensive and worked up if I were in the med MJ guy's situation, too. Perez's diffusion of the situation by empathizing with the guy and genuinely trying to help him (telling him about changing his address, etc) was one of the most brilliant things I have ever seen on this show.

Who knew Kato Kaelin's long lost son would turn up in Pasco Co? Where the officers continue to be royal dicks, I must add.)

That one K9 in Spokane always sounds so excited at the possibility of biting someone. "I gonna BITE, I gets to BITE!" It is funny yet disturbing, and makes me wonder if the handler has optimum control over the dog. Maybe the dog has a nervous tic or something, but I've never seen (well, heard) a K9 get so worked up before the dog is even out of the car.

• Love 4

Did anyone else catch this?

At 1 :28 into the broadcast (10:28pm) during one of the live Jeffersonville stops (NOT an earlier event) as the offer is patting down the suspect you can see the face of his Apple Watch light up and the time read 21:30 (9:30pm)! Jeffersonville is on EST as well and at that moment the time was 10:28pm!

That’s a ONE HOUR delay! How can they claim that is “live”!?

Edited by Cotypubby
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Jaded said:

That cemetery call was actually interesting and of course that's what they end on. ?

Right?! I loved when the officer said, with a scared giggle in her voice "I hear children laughing" like... WTF this is creepy and then the show ends! I was sad. 

• Love 4

Why was the drunken, sobbing woman forced to walk through the snow in her socks with no shoes? The officer who was dealing with her is kind of an ass. He comes on hard from the get-go and is snotty.

I thought Danny Brown handled the parking lot lecturer well enough. It must be tempting to tell some of these loud repetitive pedants to shut up, and Brown kept his cool. I immediately wondered if the guy was sleeping in his car because he could not afford a hotel while he visited his daughters, so I'm glad the other officer intervened.

Dear pot smokers: please understand that even if many people don't think pot is bad, and if it's legal in your state, other jurisdictions are dead set against it. Arguing serves no purpose (except for TV).

Have enjoyed Loeb in the studio. Wonder if her law degree will help her climb the ranks.

Regarding the "live" show, I wonder if they run a delay, such as the seven-second rule, which news studios used to do in case anything awful occurred. It gave the engineers time to prevent the awful from making it out onto the air.  I've noticed they are routinely silencing private info, such as last names, date of birth, social security numbers, etc. during the "live" action. That's the speedy-fingered engineers.

When the show starts up each week they pan out from Dan to show the studio and there's always a smiling African American woman in the foreground. I like seeing her, because it's still very tough to break into those white-male-dominated environments.

• Love 1

I’m surprised they didn’t arrest the stoner kid at his house in Pasco considering those officers are usually dickheads. 

Just when I thought maybe they all weren’t  douchebags the The Pasco Officer that arrived to that car accident scene where The Women was crying of being in pain & wanting to know if her son was okay.

he said over his radio something like 

“I’m at the scene she’s okay,she’s just exaggerating”’

What a dick.

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

I’m surprised they didn’t arrest the stoner kid at his house in Pasco considering those officers are usually dickheads. 

Just when I thought maybe they all weren’t  douchebags the The Pasco Officer that arrived to that car accident scene where The Women was crying of being in pain & wanting to know if her son was okay.

What a dick.

Was that officer whose name is McElwain(?) I can't stand him. He's so shitty towards people and when the person gives him the same attitude back, he gets angry. 

• Love 4
On 12/16/2017 at 10:10 PM, Jaded said:

I'm glad Dep. Perez was there in Richland County to help diffuse the situation with the MJ guy. From what's been said so far the guy was just sitting in his car in the parking lot. I wonder who it was that called the cops to alert them to him or if Lt. Brown spotted him in his car? Glad they ended up letting him go.

Richland County patrols the parking lots, especially during this time of the year.  The man was parked on the far right of the parking lot, backed into the parking spot, in front of the trees (and by businesses that were closed) and away from the store.  Also, the side he was parked on, is the night entrance to that Wal Mart, so it is heavily traveled.  RCSD stopped because of 1)  to make sure that he was okay 2) to make sure that he wasn't up to no good.  It's that simple.  People need to understand that just because you have a medical license from another state doesn't make it legal in another state.  If the man had not been smoking pot in his vehicle, then Lt. Brown would have told him he needed to move.  The whole thing escalated because the gentleman was not listening to what Lt. Brown was telling him.  Officer Perez understood what the gentleman was going thru because she has been in his shoes.  I am not sure that the gentleman was totally homeless or just no place to stay in Columbia.  

20 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Why was the drunken, sobbing woman forced to walk through the snow in her socks with no shoes? The officer who was dealing with her is kind of an ass. He comes on hard from the get-go and is snotty.

I thought Danny Brown handled the parking lot lecturer well enough. It must be tempting to tell some of these loud repetitive pedants to shut up, and Brown kept his cool. I immediately wondered if the guy was sleeping in his car because he could not afford a hotel while he visited his daughters, so I'm glad the other officer intervened.

Dear pot smokers: please understand that even if many people don't think pot is bad, and if it's legal in your state, other jurisdictions are dead set against it. Arguing serves no purpose (except for TV).

Have enjoyed Loeb in the studio. Wonder if her law degree will help her climb the ranks.

Regarding the "live" show, I wonder if they run a delay, such as the seven-second rule, which news studios used to do in case anything awful occurred. It gave the engineers time to prevent the awful from making it out onto the air.  I've noticed they are routinely silencing private info, such as last names, date of birth, social security numbers, etc. during the "live" action. That's the speedy-fingered engineers.

When the show starts up each week they pan out from Dan to show the studio and there's always a smiling African American woman in the foreground. I like seeing her, because it's still very tough to break into those white-male-dominated environments.

They couldn't locate her shoes and she was way too drunk to even help them.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

Is it wrong that I was totally entertained by him? Between his hat and his himalayan salt he was cracking me up. Walking inside the house telling his girlfriend "Babe, put your clothes on, the cops are coming in." And then being upset that he was going to have no more weed when the cops left.

• Love 6
On 12/17/2017 at 4:18 PM, Hellohappylife said:

What a dick.

I think that's the dude my dh called "Spicoli" lol

• Love 1

And what the hell are they teaching these cops in Jeffersonville in regards to resuscitating?  Jeez louise, you don't need to JIGGLE the guy!  Is that an authorized treatment?  And why didn't they tell the EMT about bleeding from the mouth??  GAH!  I mean really.  "Wake up, Bub.  Wake up.  Wake up, Bub"...

Edited by Brattinella
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

And what the hell are they teaching these cops in Jeffersonville in regards to resuscitating?  Jeez louise, you don't need to JIGGLE the guy!  Is that an authorized treatment?  And why didn't they tell the EMT about bleeding from the mouth??  GAH!  I mean really.  "Wake up, Bub.  Wake up.  Wake up, Bub"...

It's a test for unconsciousness called the sternal rub, you rasp your knuckles across their mid sternum and it's supposed to get a response from someone because it hurts like hell. They aren't supposed to go at it like that though, especially when someone fails to respond after a reasonable time. Odds are that guy is going to have a very sore chest and a big bruise after all that. They were really going hard on him, I feel bad for him. He's gonna be suffering worse I bet and he doesn't need that on top of his other problems.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, rideashire said:

They aren't supposed to go at it like that though, especially when someone fails to respond after a reasonable time.

This is the part that really bothered me.  He was injured, they should have just called the EMT immediately.

• Love 3

They all looked at each other and shrugged..."Herrr...derrrr...you have any Narcan? How about you?" And then they issued a warrant for the unconscious guy's arrest for possession! I cannot with this department any more. People are not calling 911 and dying because they fear arrest if the cops find drugs on scene. Yes, I cannot think of a more brilliant way to handle the opioid crisis.

• Love 4

I must not understand the whole Miranda thing. In Utah, the officer placed the guy under arrest for DUI but didn't Mirandize him because he wasn't going to ask him anything that would incriminate him. He then asked if the guy had anything illegal in his vehicle. Couldn't  the answer to that possibly be incriminating? I don't understand why the rights aren't just read upon detainment/arrest every time to avoid any problems. Anyone know the law on that?

Officer Loeb lives near my brother. He has run into her a few times because she went to the high school his sons go to and she goes back there for special events. He has also run into her at restaurants and the gas station. He has yet to be pulled over by her and he doesn't watch LivePD so he had no idea what I was talking about when I asked him if he knew her. He just knows her as Rebecca from the neighborhood. He said she is super nice.

My nephew told me that someone he knows was pulled over for an expired license plate sticker in Lake County. His friend told the officer that her daughter loves LivePD and Officer Loeb and the little girl (who was in the car) mentioned it was her birthday. A couple hours later, Officer Loeb showed up at the little girls' house with some happy birthday balloons.

I read Loeb went to law school because it was her dads dream for her to become an attorney but it was her dream to become a police officer so she became a police officer after law school. 

• Love 6

WTF is the problem in Pasco county? This cop is so angry with this woman, right off the jump just antagonizing her. I don't get it. She called asking for help....and this is how you treat someone that's quite possibly the victim of domestic violence? Okayyyyy.

I am started to dislike this cop in Pasco just as much as I dislike Leverett.

This shit is why women don't ask for help. I'm not saying that the cop could have done anything different, I don't know, but her attitude sure fucking sucks and she could have BEHAVED differently and with more compassion.

Edited by rideashire
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, rideashire said:

WTF is the problem in Pasco county? This cop is so angry with this woman, right off the jump just antagonizing her. I don't get it. She called asking for help....and this is how you treat someone that's quite possibly the victim of domestic violence? Okayyyyy.

This shit is why women don't ask for help. I'm not saying that the cop could have done anything different, I don't know, but her attitude sure fucking sucks and she could have BEHAVED differently and with more compassion.

This episode is on now.  I agree with you.  This woman is a victim!  If it was me, I would tell her you know what.  You can just go.  This jerk of a female officer is only trying to get ANOTHER arrest out of this encounter.  They make me sick!

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

This episode is on now.  I agree with you.  This woman is a victim!  If it was me, I would tell her you know what.  You can just go.  This jerk of a female officer is only trying to get ANOTHER arrest out of this encounter.  They make me sick!

They did end up arresting her by the end of the episode too and I am just mind boggled about that. It makes zero sense. Pasco county needs further instruction on how to treat victims, it's ridiculous how they handled that.

Edited by rideashire
  • Love 1

Karma would be for that littering bitch in the parking lot to actually need 911 one day and not be able to get through because someone else was wasting their time with a bullshit call. 

The white trash couple who kept calling the cops on each other deserve each other. That woman didn’t seem like a victim, she sounded like a strung out junkie. 

Thats pretty amazing the narcan guy from yesterday was fully recovered and flagged them down to thank the cop who saved him! We rarely ever see follow ups with the incidents. 

I was amazed the cop in SC was able to understand what the older woman on the porch was saying about the man pissing behind her house! It didn’t even sound like she was speaking English!

Edited by Cotypubby
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Cotypubby said:

The white trash couple who kept calling the cops on each other deserve each other. That woman didn’t seem like a victim, she sounded like a strung out junkie. 

The problem is, who's to say a strung out junkie isn't also a victim? It doesn't make her any less deserving of help, even if she was high, which she may not have been. They are riding a fine line by pre-judging like they appear to be doing.

• Love 3

Once again I Love how the officers In Richland handled the horrible parking lot lady!  They approached her in my view in a friendly caring way. They were not rude to her not once! Even when she insulted them ‘ their jobs,saying how horrible cops are to people. (Way to be a close minded hypocrite) What do you expect you’re sitting in an empty parking lot of a closed business,at night in a shitty area. Maybe they wanted to see if you were okay? Or not up to some shady shit.  

Plus she says that wasn’t her trash but out of all of that space in that lot she drove up to the only trash pile? Okay. Makes no sense. 

She thought the officers were gonna go away because she’s complaining? I loved how tappler made it a point to lean into the car to repeat his badge number to the dispatch severel times lol!  

• Love 2
10 hours ago, rideashire said:

The problem is, who's to say a strung out junkie isn't also a victim? It doesn't make her any less deserving of help, even if she was high, which she may not have been. They are riding a fine line by pre-judging like they appear to be doing.

That lady cop seemed to think that being on drugs is way worse than beating on your wife.  You could practically see her making an "I smell shit" face while she was talking to the woman.  Contrast that to the conciliatory way she was talking to the husband (even in cuffs she was polite and kind with him).  Maybe she just has a problem with women?  In any event, she needs re-training.

• Love 4
On 1/7/2018 at 3:58 AM, Hellohappylife said:

Once again I Love how the officers In Richland handled the horrible parking lot lady!  They approached her in my view in a friendly caring way. They were not rude to her not once! Even when she insulted them ‘ their jobs,saying how horrible cops are to people. (Way to be a close minded hypocrite) What do you expect you’re sitting in an empty parking lot of a closed business,at night in a shitty area. Maybe they wanted to see if you were okay? Or not up to some shady shit.  

Plus she says that wasn’t her trash but out of all of that space in that lot she drove up to the only trash pile? Okay. Makes no sense. 

She thought the officers were gonna go away because she’s complaining? I loved how tappler made it a point to lean into the car to repeat his badge number to the dispatch severel times lol!  

That parking lot is huge.  The KMart was closed down a couple of years back.  Where they were parked at, you really can't see from Parklane and they were near the Wells Fargo Bank.  Plus, I would be suspicious if there was a person sitting in the driver's seat, one person in the back seat and no one in the passenger seat.  IMO, the 911 operator should have hung up the second she verified that it was RCSD.  Way to go dumb effing ass, tyiing up 911 with your bullshit.  You just showed her fucking ignorant you really are.  Hope to hell she was lying about being a teacher.  Truthfully, I hope to hell that Highway Patrol pulled her sorry ass over and took her to jail for the suspended tags. I am so glad that I live in Richland County because I love and trust RCSD.  They are the best.

Also, I really don't think the woman in Fl was a victim when she called.  I think she wanted him gone and thought claiming violence would get him out.  

Edited by iluvobx
adding remark

I wondered if the litterer was planning on bunking down in her car for the night. It was a rental with weird paperwork and she was making a lot of claims that weren't necessary to the situation, such as throwing out two job titles and saying she'd bought a car and was going to turn the rental in. Plus the very aggressive attitude and having someone sprawled out in the back seat. Maybe they rented the car to keep warm in for a couple days and she'd hoped not to be bothered in an empty unused parking lot. It was as if she was trying to deflect attention from what she was doing and maybe guilt the cops into leaving her alone. Great patience on the part of the officers and 911 dispatcher.

I questioned the claims of abuse from the frequent flyers that seemed to be locked in some kind of messy codependent relationship. I think the woman was trying to get rid of her elderly roommate without having to evict him. I wondered if part of their relationship was based on him receiving a regular disability check or Social Security retirement. The woman tried to control the situation with non-stop verbal nonsense; she had an answer for everything and was trying to manipulate the cops.

I wonder if the guy with two prosthetic legs is a military veteran.

The sovereign citizen guy (or whatever they are called) was kind of interesting because those folks are often argumentative and obnoxious. He seemed to be practicing some behaviors he has learned - the non-reactive posture and staring at the ground. I know many Native Americans who share similar opinions about non-tribal authority figures.

Edited by pasdetrois
2 hours ago, Jaded said:

Was that the stop where it turned out to be a rental car?

Yes.  With the way she acted towards Cpl. Laureano when he was trying to tell her about the suspended tags, I was really hoping Highway Patrol would have pulled her over.  They would not have been so forgiving about it.  If she just bought a car that day, then why was she still in the rental?  The day I bought my new car, I was out and about it-wanted to show it off. :)

18 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

I wondered if the litterer was planning on bunking down in her car for the night. It was a rental with weird paperwork and she was making a lot of claims that weren't necessary to the situation, such as throwing out two job titles and saying she'd bought a car and was going to turn the rental in. Plus the very aggressive attitude and having someone sprawled out in the back seat. Maybe they rented the car to keep warm in for a couple days and she'd hoped not to be bothered in an empty unused parking lot. It was as if she was trying to deflect attention from what she was doing and maybe guilt the cops into leaving her alone. Great patience on the part of the officers and 911 dispatcher.

I questioned the claims of abuse from the frequent flyers that seemed to be locked in some kind of messy codependent relationship. I think the woman was trying to get rid of her elderly roommate without having to evict him. I wondered if part of their relationship was based on him receiving a regular disability check or Social Security retirement. The woman tried to control the situation with non-stop verbal nonsense; she had an answer for everything and was trying to manipulate the cops.

I wonder if the guy with two prosthetic legs is a military veteran.

The sovereign citizen guy (or whatever they are called) was kind of interesting because those folks are often argumentative and obnoxious. He seemed to be practicing some behaviors he has learned - the non-reactive posture and staring at the ground. I know many Native Americans who share similar opinions about non-tribal authority figures.

Not too bright to park in front of a bank at night.  That is one way they will check on you.  Think back to the guy from California that was in the WalMart parking lot.  RCSD patrols parking lots at night and all the lots are clearly marked. 

I have dealt with them and they are not pleasant people at all.  Nothing applies to them but what they want.  Then they wonder why they get hauled off to jail because the laws DO apply to them.  Surprised they didn't write him up for the expired paper tag.  That meant he had no insurance either.  They drive around with no license, no tag no insurance and when they are in an accident, they blame everyone else.  Our insurance rates are so high due to nonsense like that.

• Love 1

If you will recall, the lady in Pasco was asked by the lady cop if she had been cut; her hand/arm  was bloody and made her lift her sleeve.  The blood had come from her mouth, just where she said her male friend had hit her.  And the man admitted he had popped her in the face!  How do you NOT get domestic violence from that?

• Love 1
On 12/15/2017 at 11:09 PM, AllyS said:

Officer Rebecca Loeb has always been one one of my favorites. She is so smart, articulate, but yet so much shyer than on the actual show. Poor woman seems uncomfortable in front of national TV, but she is so young, bright and intelligent! I bet she finds her voice tomorrow night. Second night they are more relaxed.

She seemed way more comfortable her first night than all of the guys that have been in the studio. 

On 12/17/2017 at 10:30 AM, Cotypubby said:

Did anyone else catch this?

At 1 :28 into the broadcast (10:28pm) during one of the live Jeffersonville stops (NOT an earlier event) as the offer is patting down the suspect you can see the face of his Apple Watch light up and the time read 21:30 (9:30pm)! Jeffersonville is on EST as well and at that moment the time was 10:28pm!

That’s a ONE HOUR delay! How can they claim that is “live”!?

I think the delay was a lot shorter last "season" - I believe people figured out it was about 30 min but I think some things happened last season that they decided the delay needed to be much longer.  I can't think of any at the moment but when it was found out that the delay is obviously much longer now I wasn't really surprised. 

On 1/5/2018 at 10:18 PM, Brattinella said:

This is the part that really bothered me.  He was injured, they should have just called the EMT immediately.

EMT was probably dispatched immediately when the call came in.  Someone reports a guy passed out in a parking lot and you think dispatch WOULDN'T call EMT AND Police???

On 1/6/2018 at 8:22 PM, rideashire said:

Sometimes I like her but sometime she's down right frustrating because she does not listen to people.  And she seems to be really sensitive towards domestic abuse situations - she gets really really angry during those situations, especially when one of the people won't leave and go elsewhere to diffuse the situation for the night.

32 minutes ago, Brattinella said:

If you will recall, the lady in Pasco was asked by the lady cop if she had been cut; her hand/arm  was bloody and made her lift her sleeve.  The blood had come from her mouth, just where she said her male friend had hit her.  And the man admitted he had popped her in the face!  How do you NOT get domestic violence from that?

I think at the end of that they just wanted the situation to end, he was the last one to make the call so they took her in so they wouldn't get any more calls.  

Although I guess he was the only one to make calls... the lady said he's the only one that's called 911.  I think they were just tired of dealing with it. 

On 1/6/2018 at 2:09 AM, andromeda331 said:

The pig was cute. I like that the lady agreed to keep him (or her?) for the night and ended up adopting the pig.

I wanted a pig after seeing it. So sweet wagging his tale and trying to go in the house.

We notice the time delay when it shows daylight and it would not still be light out where they are at.  Of course we also google the temperature for the area too.  Same thing when they say earlier and you know it has to be a different day.

Officer Moreno from El Paso is going to be in the studio on Friday and Saturday. I'm getting so sick of Sticks. I wish they would put a new officer in every week so I don't have to endure Sticks anymore. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Hero said:

Officer Moreno from El Paso is going to be in the studio on Friday and Saturday. I'm getting so sick of Sticks. I wish they would put a new officer in every week so I don't have to endure Sticks anymore. 

I'm sick of seeing him too. He has to be out of days off by now. 

• Love 3