Type keyword(s) to search

Unspoiled Speculation: Well, I DIDN'T Read It In A Book

Message added by Meredith Quill

No open air spoilers of any kind in here, thanks.

• Start Topic

A couple of things that could happen:

1) Brienne didn't immediately kill Stannis. Instead, she decides to swap him for Sansa. This way, she gets revenge on Stannis (who will be flayed) and keeps her oath by saving Sansa. What she doesn't know that we do is that Sansa took off.

2) Jon is resurrected but by the Night King, not Mel. It struck me when Shireen (poor Shireen!) was telling her father (bastard!) about the "dance with dragons" and how it was a poetic way of talking about a war of dragons. I suppose a "song of ice and fire" could also be a poetic way to describe an epic war between dragons and white walkers. But let's face it, the white walkers don't need any help from Jon Snow!

That's it for now.

I think with the direct line of House Baratheon going extinct and assuming Tommen dies soonish, that Dany isn't going to need to conquer Westeros to rule. I think when Tommen expires, the council will decide that with nobody with a clear strong claim to the throne that they will offer the throne back to House Targeryen. Kinda like how after experimenting with a Republic England offered the crown to Charles II and France offered the crown a couple of times back to the monarchy. So Dany gets Westors via a peaceful method, but then she cements her right to rule by using her dragons and other things to defeat the White Walkers.

• Love 2

Wow July 2015, is it still open?

Is this just a no book spoiler thread or does it include spoilers from every source?

Can we post show released sneak peeks or promo clips and photo’s?

Im looking for somewhere to speculate, talk generally about the show, the characters and actors but no deaths or plot reveals and such spoilery fare.

I wonder how many of these stellar characters will be drawing breath at the end of play this year, as long as The Hound is still managing to be a miserable git at the very end, I’ll leave this show a very happy bunny 🐰

3F88F7B4-25AF-40FF-9493-F0BBCD97CC4B.jpeg

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Is this just a no book spoiler thread or does it include spoilers from every source?

Can we post show released sneak peeks or promo clips and photo’s?

Im looking for somewhere to speculate, talk generally about the show, the characters and actors but no deaths or plot reveals and such spoilery fare.

You may speculate in here if you have no spoiler knowledge of any kind.

As a precautionary measure please put promos/trailers et al & any resulting conversation under spoiler tags with a clear indication of what it is that's tagged. That way people have the choice to look or not look at preview-related stuff.

S8 showtimes, it’s such a mixed blessing, I want it to come so much but knowing it’s the last of ‘the original’ is pretty devastating.

Season 8, episode 1
Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 14 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Estimated running time: 0:54

Season 8, episode 2
Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 21 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Estimated running time: 0:58

Season 8, episode 3
Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 28 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Estimated running time: 1:22

Season 8, episode 4
Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 5 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Estimated running time: 1:18

Season 8, episode 5
Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 12 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Estimated running time: 1:20

Season 8, episode 6
Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 19 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)

SOURCE: 

HBO

• Love 1
On 3/15/2019 at 3:28 PM, OoohMaggie said:

S8 showtimes, it’s such a mixed blessing, I want it to come so much but knowing it’s the last of ‘the original’ is pretty devastating.

Season 8, episode 1
Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 14 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Estimated running time: 0:54

Season 8, episode 2
Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 21 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Estimated running time: 0:58

Season 8, episode 3
Debut date: SUNDAY, APRIL 28 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Estimated running time: 1:22

Season 8, episode 4
Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 5 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)
Estimated running time: 1:18

Season 8, episode 5
Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 12 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)

Season 8, episode 6
Debut date: SUNDAY, MAY 19 at 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT)

SOURCE: 

HBO

So, I'm guessing next week (8.3) is the big battle w white walkers, etc. That leaves 3 more episodes, at least one of which will deal with Cersei? And then do we think that the finale will end with a battle or with what/how everyone is doing??

I copied this list from another thread to make it easier 🙂  I have NOT read the books nor am I spoiled in any way!!! These are my guesses; (3) = dies next week/epi 3:

Jon Snow: Dead
Sansa Stark: Alive
Arya Stark: Alive
Bran Stark: dead (3)
Ghost & Nymeria: alive

Cersei Lannister: Dead
Jaime Lannister: Dead
Tyrion Lannister: alive

Daenerys Targaryen: Dead
Missandie: Alive
Grey Worm: Dead
Drogon: Dead (again) (3)
Viserion (gold): Dead
Rhaegal (green): Dead

Yara Greyjoy: dead
Theon Greyjoy: Dead (3)
Euron Greyjoy: Dead

Brienne of Tarth: Alive
Podrick Payne: Dead
Davos Seaworh: Alive 
Melisandre: (red witch?) dead (3)
Tormund Gigantsbane: Dead

The hound & brother: Dead

Samwell Tarly: Alive
Gilly: Alive
Baby Sam: Alive

Varys: dead
Qyburn: Dead

Edmund Tully: Dead

Dolorous Edd: Alive
Bronn: Dead
Jorah Mormont: Dead
Daario Naharis: Dead
Gendry: Alive
Hot Pie: Alive

The white walkers: Dead (3)
The wall: gone
The iron throne: Sansa & Tyrion

Edited by DrSparkles
  • Love 1

In the other thread I speculated that Arya, Cersei and HotPie were the only ones survive with Arya taking care of Jon and Danny's daughter.

I am changing part of it.  The 3 still survive BUT Arya is taking care of her OWN child who has the rightful claim to the Iron Throne.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DarkRaichu said:

In the other thread I speculated that Arya, Cersei and HotPie were the only ones survive with Arya taking care of Jon and Danny's daughter.

I am changing part of it.  The 3 still survive BUT Arya is taking care of her OWN child who has the rightful claim to the Iron Throne.

Which other thread?! TY 🙂

Here are my Dead Pool Rankings for Sunday's big "Battle of Winterfell" episode. I think we're all pretty certain not everyone makes it out alive. Who do you think is most likely to die a (hopefully) heroic death at the battle.

1. Beric (perhaps at the hands of Melissandre) – the only thing keeping him around would be to pay off and Lord of Light Stuff
  2.  Ghost – Oh you thought, the showed him for the first time in 3 seasons not to kill him off?
  3. Brienne – She’s fulfilled her destiny
  4. Bronze Yohn Royce/Maester Wolken – in a last defense of the crypts and/or Sansa specifically
  5. Theon in the last stand to save Bran before AeJon "dragon rescues" him
  6. Davos – He’s quickly run out of things to do, and unless we need a smuggle into Kings Landing again, the opportunity to sacrifice himself for Shireen stand-in is high
  7. Drogon – symbolism would be very high especially if Drogon and Wight-Viserion battle to the death
  8. Tormund/Pod – perhaps a sacrifice to save Brienne, but I think it carries more weight if they fail in saving her
  9. Arya – A stark finally gets to go out heroically, but she may have too much plot armor at this stage, especially with the ability to carry a Baratheon/Stark child.
  10. Varys – getting his hero’s turn in the Crypts
  11. Jorah – He’s somewhat expendable at this point, but so quickly returned from the Grey Scale epsiode and equipped with Heart’s Bane, I think he’ll be safe.
  12. Sandor – He’s so interconnected to everyone I think he rides it out
  13. Dany – Only as a method to inspire the remaining forces, facilitated by the Aegon Targaryean reveal.
  14. Some recognizable Wight (Benjen; the reluctant that supportive Wildling from Hardhome; Lord of Bones; etc)
  15. Gilly – Sam and Little Sam are required to go on without her, but I don’t know what would lead to her death
  16. Edd – I think he’ll survive to re-establish the Night’s Watch, which becomes tasked with tearing down the wall completely
  17. Jamie – still too integral
  18. Lyanna Mormont – If her bravery finally gets the best of her, I guess it sets of Jorah to regain House Mormont, but I think she has co-warden of the North potential
  19. Grey Worm – It would be devestating to Dany, Missandei, Tyrion, and even Jorah, but there’s still this outsiders in Westeros angle to pay off
  20. Nymeria – If the Dog Army saves the day, maybe Nymeria dies saving Arya
  21. Viserion – Only as a setback to the Night King’s next advance
  22. Night King – Only if the remaining 3 episodes become the resolution of 7 Kingdoms show

Off-the-Board due to Plot Armor (AeJon; Tyrion; Sansa; Bran; Gendry; Mellissandre; Missandei; Sam; Little Sam; Rhaegall)
Not currently able to be influenced by this plot (Cersei, Qyburn, Euron, Golden Company Commander, The Mountain, Yara, Dario, Elira, Robyn Arryn, Edmure, Bronn)

• Useful 1
32 minutes ago, Traveller519 said:

Not currently able to be influenced by this plot (Cersei, Qyburn, Euron, Golden Company Commander, The Mountain, Yara, Dario, Elira, Robyn Arryn, Edmure, Bronn)

Well, except if the Night King makes a beeline and rides his dragon to attack King's Landing.  There are so many dead bodies between Winterfell and KL that he would not have any problem raising a new army of wights

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DarkRaichu said:

Well, except if the Night King makes a beeline and rides his dragon to attack King's Landing.  There are so many dead bodies between Winterfell and KL that he would not have any problem raising a new army of wights

There are also dragon skeletons below the Red Keep (ominously showing up in the new opening credits). If the NK can truly raise the dead no matter how much is left (as some claim) that's a tad worrisome.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

There are also dragon skeletons below the Red Keep (ominously showing up in the new opening credits). If the NK can truly raise the dead no matter how much is left (as some claim) that's a tad worrisome.

He can reanimate the dead but he cannot create flesh / organs that already decomposed.  So in this case, he would have and army of dragon skeletons.  Still dangerous but those would not be able to fly (ie. no wings) 

• Love 1

But Viserion has holes in his wings and is still able to remain airborne! Dragon skeletons would have just their wing bones but  that's nothing a bit of good old dark magic can't fix!

I'm mostly just kidding but I admit that dragon skull in the opening sequence has me wondering.

2 hours ago, DarkRaichu said:

See, I've seen that speculation elsewhere, but my problem with it is that should't Bran know that? I would think basically all of his thought right now would be on what the Night King is doing, right?

But I guess that's the problem with having a character who's all knowing -- this is a show built in large part on twists and surprises, but it's hard to do that now without leaving a gaping plot hole.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, AshleyN said:

See, I've seen that speculation elsewhere, but my problem with it is that should't Bran know that? I would think basically all of his thought right now would be on what the Night King is doing, right?

But I guess that's the problem with having a character who's all knowing -- this is a show built in large part on twists and surprises, but it's hard to do that now without leaving a gaping plot hole.

Point.  But my answer would be along the line of Bran has a better grasp of past happenings / history, but not so much of the future.  Also NK can make it look like he is heading for Winterfell but then just bypass it as our heroes are busy fighting the incoming horde of ice zombies

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Last Time Lord said:

I’ve had Grey Worm on my death pool since he laid out an entire retirement plan. 

I think he and Missandei increased their odd of survival with that little retirement plan.  But then I subscribe to a theory that the end of the show is that the kingdoms go back to ruling themselves and the dragons melt the throne.

So why does that increase Greyworm's odds?  He wasn't just talking about him retiring to Naath.  Missandei assumed and Greyworm confirmed that he believes that the entire unsullied army will follow him to Naath when Dany has won the war.  I didn't expect that.  I thought the Dothroki would be out of there when the fighting was over, but the unsullied too?

So that leaves Dany relying on her allies.  Sansa has reiterated they want independence for the North when the war is over.  Didn't Dany already agree to the independence of the Iron Islands? So she also needs to be made aware of Greyworm's plans (so he isn't dying next week).

The Houses Cersei rules are effectively graveyards at this point.  That means that whoever wins has to install people loyal to them that can keep peace in a way that they aren't outsiders.  Because everyone's military might is going to be gone if its not already.

So Dany will have effectively no army and no allies when the war is over.  Jon is the "rightful" heir and will likely support decentralized government or independence if he can work his mind around his loyalty to Dany, so he'll get the popular support too.

I think this story is more "then end of a nation".  Targs conquered and ruled ~280 years. Discomfort with the Mad King's rule was enough that a rebellion sparked and Robert was able to barely hold things together for twenty years.  Then everyone started jockeying for power and while they weren't looking, the nation dissolved.  

There are only three possible endings.  Someone emerges strong enough in popular support to create a golden age (and I think they are undermining this idea, when they could be building it up).  The lesson is that the squabbling never ends.   Or the seven kingdoms break up.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

There are only three possible endings.  Someone emerges strong enough in popular support to create a golden age (and I think they are undermining this idea, when they could be building it up).  The lesson is that the squabbling never ends.   Or the seven kingdoms break up.

I think that person is going to be Hot Pie.  The wars will be devastating to the point that Westeros people are starving to death in the middle of long winter.  Hot Pie somehow is going to be able to feed the hungry people for free or cheap with his delicious pies.  Pretty soon those people are throwing their support behind him.  Without enough army from the current 7 kingdoms to deny them, this faction is going to rise in power. 
Think High Sparrow without the religious element behind him

• LOL 1
17 hours ago, DarkRaichu said:

Point.  But my answer would be along the line of Bran has a better grasp of past happenings / history, but not so much of the future.  Also NK can make it look like he is heading for Winterfell but then just bypass it as our heroes are busy fighting the incoming horde of ice zombies

Well, in this case it would be less about seeing the future (which has always seemed kind of murky to me) than seeing the present. Shouldn't he be able to see that the Night King isn't with the rest of his army, or anywhere near Winterfell?

12 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

I think this story is more "then end of a nation".  Targs conquered and ruled ~280 years. Discomfort with the Mad King's rule was enough that a rebellion sparked and Robert was able to barely hold things together for twenty years.  Then everyone started jockeying for power and while they weren't looking, the nation dissolved.  

To be honest, my answer to "who will end up on the Throne?" has always been "no one," in large part due to the fact that my experience with epic fantasy is that they usually tend to deal with the end of an era/dawn of a new one in some way. It always seemed strange to me that we'd go through all of this with nothing more to show for it than a regime change. But we're in the final season now and it really doesn't feel like they've done enough to set up a major change in society like I expected so I dunno.

Then my second guess was that Jon and Dany would both die with Sansa or Tyrion (or both) serving as regent for their kid, but there hasn't been any indication that Dany is pregnant either, which I thought was a gimme after they hooked up in last year's finale.

So now my prediction for how the series ends is back to a solid ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by AshleyN
30 minutes ago, AshleyN said:

Well, in this case it would be less about seeing the future (which has always seemed kind of murky to me) than seeing the present. Shouldn't he be able to see that the Night King isn't with the rest of his army, or anywhere near Winterfell?

I actually wonder why Bran did not jump to a crow to do surveillance like he did last season.  He does not need to get too close to the NK, he just needs to see how big the incoming horde is.  

OTOH, NK is riding a dragon so it is quite easy for him to arrive with his army and then fly pass Winterfell while his army attack.  

• Love 1

I don't think anyone will get the Iron Throne. I agree that epic fantasy is about endings. And my feeling is that this will close somewhat similar to LOTR - something deep, old and magical will disappear (that process of disappearance started for good when the last Children of the Forest were killed). There's a connection between the dragons and the Night King - the red comet signalling the arrival of Danaerys' dragons showed up shortly after the rumors that something is rising beyond the Wall were first heard. At the same time those wielding magic became more powerful that's why Melisandre managed to bring back Jon.

In the end the dragons will be sacrificed for the ultimate victory which is not the restitution of Targaryen rule but an end to unpredictable seasons (said to be caused by the White Walkers) and the return of regular seasons. With the dragons and the Night King gone too what is left of magic will slowly fade away too - whatever horrors remain will be the ones created by humans alone. 

• Love 3

My hunch is a lot fewer people die next episode than we expect simply because there are still episodes to go and there’s no real way for everyone at Winterfell to actually retreat.

They’ve got way too many eggs in the Winterfell basket so my hunch is they actually DO kill the Night King after all, because that’s the only way enough of the cast to matter is around to fill out the final four hours of the show.

My spec is this... Bran remembers everything now so he remembers both how the Night King was created and, though WE haven’t seen it, how the Night King was stopped last time. Winterfell has its name for a reason and it was Bran himself who told everyone he would await the Night King in the Godswood where a weirwood tree stands (heck, it may even be the SAME tree as the last time Winter Fell).

My related spec is this... the first teaser for season 8 with the map wasn’t just cold sweeping down across the map. That was just the first half. The second was fire consuming the south and the lion at King’s Landing and sweeping north.

I think they destroy (or at least drive back) the Night King, but the conflict between Jon and Dany escalates before it gets better (IF it gets better) and the second half of the season is Dany (the fire) turning her forces on Cersei and sweeping the south until we get a Dance of Dragons 2.0 where Jon and Dany either come to terms (perhaps dividing Westeros between North and South as symbolized by the obsidian wall forming at The Neck in the teaser) or one or the other emerges as the true ruler of the Seven Kingdoms.

I definitely think this would provide a lot more drama. The Night King is so one note (wants to kill everyone/bring on endless night) that he’s actually pretty boring. Kill him or he kills you doesn’t give you much to work with for a final battle. Unless they really intend the ending to be “Everybody Dies” (and if so, who writes “The Song of Ice and Fire”?) the only drama is who dies before the Night King is finally killed.

That’s rather unsatisfying though since the only reason someone’s favorite character dies in the end is just a function of “they didn’t kill the Night King fast enough” and not something related to their own choices and allegiances.

Jon and Dany; two characters we both have reasons to root for; in conflict has much stronger potential for drama in a final battle scenario because there are actually many different ways other than kill or be killed on the table.

The only one I’d rule out is Jonerys. When the council meeting ended and Dany was clearly hoping to “get some sleep” with Jon, he ghosted out of there like “Nope! Not gonna spend my final hours banging my Aunt!” Jonerys is so dead not even the Night King could reanimate it.

Which is frankly for the best. It’s as boring an ending as the final battle being against the one note Night King. Taking that off the table means we have a whole range of endings that could surprise us...

- The basic version is just that neither Jon nor Dany will bend and one kills the other and rules as a sole monarch. This would be the most bittersweet as someone we’ve rooted for practically the entire series dies, but it’s not nearly as shades of grey as they could go for an ending.

- After some fighting they reach a compromise where Dany rules, but Jon’s children are her heirs.

- After battling to a draw, they reach a compromise where Jon rules the North and Dany the South (after all the entire continent would still be under Targaryen rule).

- Dany realizes that even if it’s not her on the throne that she has still restored the Targaryen dynasty; she acknowledges Jon’s claim to the Iron Throne and returns to Essos to rule her kingdoms there.

- Jon and Dany take each other out and the Seven Kingdoms are split up into seven separate kingdoms again with Sansa ruling the North, Yara the Iron Islands, Sam the Reach, Robin the Vale, Gendry (with Davos as his chief advisor) the Stormlands, Jamie or Tyrion the Westerlands and someone taking over in Dorne.

- Alternately Jon and Dany die as above, but Gendry is legitmized and becomes the King and Arya his Queen with Davos and Tyrion advising him.

- Some other variation I haven’t thought of.

Lots more possibilities means more drama as which possible ending we get is far more in doubt than “Will the Night King kill everyone?” (because of course he won’t... the showrunners want this to be a show people people rewatch and buy special edition box sets of for those sweet sweet residuals... “everyone dies” kills that).

So that’s my spec. Bran has a plan that takes out the Night King with a lot fewer deaths than many are predicting.

My money is on...

- Brienne (because her arc was finished after becoming a knight and having trained Pod to the point he’s training others now, because she fulfills all her oaths to Cat, Jamie and Sansa if she dies in defense of one of the Stark daughters... and because her death would have a profound impact on Sansa, Jamie, Pod and Tormund).

- Lyanna or Jorah Mormont (Lyanna because she has no arc of her own and her loss would greatly impact Jorah going forward... Jorah because he could redeem himself in the eyes of his house by saving Lyanna using the sword he swore to wield in honor of Jeor Mormont and his loss would greatly impact Dany going forward).

- Theon (because his death to save Bran seals the deal on his complete redemption).

- Berric (because the Lord of Light brought him back for just this moment).

Less certain but possible additions include;

- Greyworm or Missandie (Greyworm because he’s a veteran officer who just announced he’s retiring at the end of the month and moving to Florida with his wife... Missandie because Greyworm going to Naath without her but protecting her people so no more become slaves is one of those hurts in tragic beauty sort of endings).

- Gendry (the classic screw just before tragic death, but leaving a bun in the oven... plus Arya is running from someone in the next episode teaser and the only reason for that I can think of she’d be doing that is if it’s the wight of someone she can’t bring herself to kill).

- Gilly and/or Little Sam (call it a primal fear, but seeing Sam so content in bed with his family just worries me that something is going to happen down in the crypts).

That’s still actually a fair amount (my gut says half the recurring and major characters die by the end of the series and that would be over a third of that half); but it’s still way less than you’d realistically see if the Night King weren’t stopped.

My further reasoning on the above is it would be one loss from each of the main groupings we saw last episode who largely wrapped up someone’s arc (or just dropped a traditional death anvil trope like announcing your retirement); Brienne from the group at the fire, Berric from the “miserable old shits” drinking atop the battlements, Theon who finally had Sansa opening up as they ate in the courtyard, Jorah or Lyanna from their conversation that Sam joins in on... Greyworm or Missandie and Gendry as well. Gilly and/or Little Sam because again, primal fear.

We’ll find out in five days.

• Love 4

My theories for who gets the throne are:

*No one gets the throne and Westeros becomes some sort of democracy 

*Someone rules but it’s like England where the power would be in  parliament with the King or Queen having limited powers

*The battle against the Night King or the battle at King’s Landing settles the issue because Dany or Jon dies and the other rules

*Jon and Dany marry and become co-rulers.  Her belief in her infertility is wrong and they are able to produce heirs.

*Dany is right about her infertility.  Dany takes the throne.  She names Jon as her heir so that his children would continue the royal line.  This means Jon and Dany can’t marry.  Jon will have to make a political marriage to ensure he provides heirs for the sake of continuity and stability. It’s a peaceful resolution that’s full of angst because although they love each other Jon and Dany can’t ultimately be together but the people get peace and good stable people in charge.  

*Neither Jon or Dany survive and Gendry rules

*Westeros is broken up into separate kingdoms each with it’s own ruler.    Everyone acts as peaceful allies. 

I have another theory about the Queen who is supposed to supplant Cersei from the prophecy.  At first, I assumed Cersei was lying about her pregnancy or going into menopause and misreading her symptoms with Qyburn telling her what she wants to hear. I also considered she’s having a hysterical pregnancy as a coping mechanism for the loss of all of her children.  What if Cersei’s pregnant with a girl and the labor kills her?  The Queen to supplant her is her own child who marries the son of who ever ultimately wins and becomes Queen when she’s older.  That’s not totally satisfying because there’s a long line of people who would be justified to murder her, and I want someone to get their vengeance.  Plus not enough time has passed and she’s not far along in her pregnancy  enough for labor to kill her before whoever survives the Night King to get to her first.

I do not think NK is the "final boss" either.  NK's story is related to Bran / 3ER and will be concluded with both removed from the storyline.  Either both die or transform or are sealed, whatever.

Final conflict is between Jon, Sansa, Dany, Cersei, Tyrion, Jamie for the Iron Throne so they all survive the battle vs NK.

Arya will survive the NK battle but since she is basically WMD / overpowered, she will be injured and out of commission after the battle.  Which is also why she will survive at the end of the series.

NK's dragon is going to be destroyed in the battle but so is 1 of Dany's.  Cersei gets to kill the last dragon.  So no dragon by the end of GoT

Grey Worm, Sam, Thormund, Varys, Davos, the Hound, Theon, Pod, Bronn will be alive after the battle vs NK since we still need people to fight vs Cersei's army.  Everyone else dies (sorry Gilly & Brianne).

Final conflict is not necessarily 1 group vs another.  There could be as little as 3 groups fighting for the Iron Throne

Edited by DarkRaichu
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, DarkRaichu said:

I do not think NK is the "final boss" either.  NK's story is related to Bran / 3ER and will be concluded with both removed from the storyline.  Either both die or transform or are sealed, whatever.

Final conflict is between Jon, Sansa, Dany, Cersei, Tyrion, Jamie for the Iron Throne so they all survive the battle vs NK.

Arya will survive the NK battle but since she is basically WMD / overpowered, she will be injured and out of commission after the battle.  Which is also why she will survive at the end of the series.

NK's dragon is going to be destroyed in the battle but so is 1 of Dany's.  Cersei gets to kill the last dragon.  So no dragon by the end of GoT

Grey Worm, Sam, Thormund, Varys, Davos, the Hound, Theon, Pod, Bronn will be alive after the battle vs NK since we still need people to fight vs Cersei's army.  Everyone else dies (sorry Gilly & Brianne).

Final conflict is not necessarily 1 group vs another.  There could be as little as 3 groups fighting for the Iron Throne

He may not be the final boss but NK and his goal are important to one of the major themes of the series and it's finale.

Great article from Vulture:
Why Does the Night King Want to Destroy ‘Memory’ on Game of Thrones?

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 3

Completely unspoiled speculation:

Dead at the battle of Winterfell (from just the list of people we saw in 8.2):

Jaime Lannister - saves Brienne

Theon Greyjoy - obvious

Gendry - obvious

Sandor 'The Hound' Clegane - about time

Tormund Giantsbane - sad

Grey Worm - obvious

Jorah Mormont - stabilizes Danys - that's why he'll die

Beric Dondarrion - surprise!

Eddison Tollett - cannon fodder

Podrick Payne - cannon fodder

Lyanna Mormont - cannon fodder

Right now Cersei had an advantage of numbers because the losses at Winterfell are huge.   Still when word gets around about what happened at Winterfell and how Cersei contributed nothing to protect everyone Dany may gain new supporters.  

Other than Euron’s fleet, Cersei’s army is paid for by the Iron Bank.  If she loses the funding she loses the army.  Tyrion or Varys should be courting the support of the bank to strip her of her mercenaries.   Euron’s loyalty is fleeting.  Depending on circumstances he could abandon her or might even kill her.

I can see Cersei doing somehow insane if she feels cornered like destroying all of King’s Landing rather than let someone else have the throne.  

I thought Arya might end up killing Cersei wearing another’s face but after her killing blow to the Night King I don’t think the show will give her Cersei’s death too.  

• Love 3
On 4/22/2019 at 8:48 AM, DrSparkles said:

So, I'm guessing next week (8.3) is the big battle w white walkers, etc. That leaves 3 more episodes, at least one of which will deal with Cersei? And then do we think that the finale will end with a battle or with what/how everyone is doing??

I copied this list from another thread to make it easier 🙂  I have NOT read the books nor am I spoiled in any way!!! These are my guesses; (3) = dies next week/epi 3:

Jon Snow: Dead
Sansa Stark: Alive
Arya Stark: Alive
Bran Stark: dead (3)— nope
Ghost & Nymeria: alive

Cersei Lannister: Dead
Jaime Lannister: Dead
Tyrion Lannister: alive

Daenerys Targaryen: Dead
Missandie: Alive
Grey Worm: Dead
Drogon: Dead (again) (3) yep
Viserion (gold): Dead  
Rhaegal (green): Dead

Yara Greyjoy: dead
Theon Greyjoy: Dead (3) yep
Euron Greyjoy: Dead

Brienne of Tarth: Alive
Podrick Payne: Dead
Davos Seaworh: Alive 
Melisandre: (red witch?) dead (3) yep
Tormund Gigantsbane: Dead

The hound & brother: Dead

Samwell Tarly: Alive
Gilly: Alive
Baby Sam: Alive

Varys: dead
Qyburn: Dead

Edmund Tully: Dead

Dolorous Edd: Alive
Bronn: Dead
Jorah Mormont: Dead
Daario Naharis: Dead
Gendry: Alive
Hot Pie: Alive

The white walkers: Dead (3) yep
The wall: gone
The iron throne: Sansa & Tyrion

We’ll see how I do in the next battle!

• Love 1

I really do think that The Iron Bank is going to be a part of Cersei’s downfall.  Her army being reliant on borrowed money is a major weakness.  Dany really should be targeting Cersei’s financial issues 

• Love 2

This is the closest area I could think to post this, but I know people have really soured on this season, but I am still really enjoying it, and am really looking forward to the battle of the Non-Canon Sarah Connors. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

This is the closest area I could think to post this, but I know people have really soured on this season, but I am still really enjoying it, and am really looking forward to the battle of the Non-Canon Sarah Connors. 

Some have soured.  I haven't.  I've watched a lot of conversation about lazy writing etc.  Well Episode 2 got a twitter shout out from Stephen King for gathering all these characters seamlessly in one place and making it look easy.  So I'm in good company.

Edited by QuinnM
  • Love 3