Type keyword(s) to search

Unspoiled Speculation: Well, I DIDN'T Read It In A Book

Message added by Meredith Quill

No open air spoilers of any kind in here, thanks.

• Start Topic

But hey, he's the Hound, maybe no one wants money that much.

I've been wondering if the fact that he's The Hound will get in the way of him getting into the Eyrie. Or if the current bounty on his head will present a problem. And if so, what becomes of his plans to get some money for Arya. The more I think about it, the less likely it seems like this plan is going to end well for him.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm more worried that the Hound might simply die of that infection. The most bacteria ridden part of a human is his mouth and you can easily die if bitten and you don't get a proper antisepticum. Arya had the right idea, but his fear of fire might've been his undoing. I hope not, but it would be totally GoT-ish if he were to go out like that.

Edit: It also makes sense story-wise. Brienne and Pod are about to cross paths with Arya & the Hound and I strongly doubt that Brienne would just accept the Hound's company. So he could either go to some place in Essos (he mentioned the second sons), what would probably be the end of his story arc anyway, or die. I have a very bad feeling about this...

Oh, and it could also mean that both Cleganes are about to die in one episode. How could you miss that opportunity as a show?

Edited by Conan Troutman
  • Love 1

The Hound is not only a high profile enemy of the crown, but he's gaining a reputation as something of a loose cannon. I really don't think Littlefinger wants the baggage, but he might love to screw him over and collect the bounty. Unless maybe he plans to tie him up, put a long wig on him, and try to re-enact a happier ending to that long-ago pity date when Cat agreed to accompany him to the junior high dance. You think watching Ramsay and Theon was bad? Wait until we get an entire episode of Sandor having to repeatedly say "Yes, Lord Baelish, your fingers are much bigger than Ned's." Hopefully there will at least be free chickens involved.

• Love 1

but he might love to screw him over and collect the bounty.

If there were some way for Littlefinger to use the Hound to get something he wants, then I'm sure he'll take a crack at it.  The bounty was set at a level to entice dumb-asses to get organized enough to take a crack at it, so I don't think it's enough to entice Littlefinger.

Well, it's not just the money. It's also a way to stay on Tywin's good side. You've got to occasionally be useful to people who you're plotting to screw over. Otherwise they might spend a little too much time thinking about how disposable you are.

If Sansa helps Littlefinger cover up Lysa's murder, his obsession with her as Catelyn 2.0 is going to go into absolute overdrive. In that situation, I would hope she's learned enough to know how to manipulate him to her ends.

If Sansa could manage to escape somewhere, would Highgarden and the Tyrells be a safe place? Perhaps they might help her start a new life there? Or would they not be able to risk Cersei's wrath if she found out?

I actually feel really bad for young Robin Arryn. I agree with someone who posted that he might actually be a normal kid - one who doesn't understand the consequences of making bad people "fly" and who has been programmed by his mother to fear most things in the world. Perhaps Baelish won't be a total asshole, and will send him somewhere as a ward. 

I wasn't sure where to ask this.  

Ramsay is supposed to take back Moat Caylin (spelling?).  IF (only if, please) the show has told us what that is and who holds it, would someone please refresh my memory?  I can't remember other than Bolton telling the Bastard to go get it. 

In the couple of episode 8 reviews I've read, the speculation is "will banishing Ser Jorah come back to bite Dany?" I guess the prevailing thought is that stuff like that ALWAYS comes back to bite the characters in this story.

As I watched him leaving, I had exactly the opposite thought. It seemed to me that if he made it back to King's Landing (provided they haven't all killed each other by then, so he better hurry), that some day down the road he would become an incredibly important asset for her. I can't imagine that his loyalty would ever shift away from her, even if he took up a position that would outwardly appear otherwise.

In the couple of episode 8 reviews I've read, the speculation is "will banishing Ser Jorah come back to bite Dany?" I guess the prevailing thought is that stuff like that ALWAYS comes back to bite the characters in this story.

As I watched him leaving, I had exactly the opposite thought. It seemed to me that if he made it back to King's Landing (provided they haven't all killed each other by then, so he better hurry), that some day down the road he would become an incredibly important asset for her. I can't imagine that his loyalty would ever shift away from her, even if he took up a position that would outwardly appear otherwise.

That's my thought. He truly cares for her and will make choices and take action to benefit and protect her if and when the opportunity arises.  

(edited)

Heh.

I had not thought about Tommen during the episode, but now that I need a way to save Tyrion, he is definitely high on the possibility list.

I don't really remember much of any interaction the two have had in the past, but I'm sure Tyrion treated Tommen much differently than his older brother.  And what do I know of Tommen? I know that he had a nice chat with Tywin about wisdom, and I know that he's already got a secret friendship arrangement with Margaery. Could any of that help me out with what I want him to do? Maybe, but it seems like a stretch at the moment.

I know that Margaery knows Tyrion didn't do it. But I can't come up with any reason for her to talk Tommen into saving him that doesn't put her in a more precarious position.

Edited by JTMacc99
(edited)

Not a speculation, but now I know how I want Tywin and Cersei to die: Jamie cuts Tywin's cock off and beats Cersei to death with it.

Yes, I'm still horribly angry.

Edit: Just saw a preview picture for next weeks episode. Therefore, spoilers:

Holy crap, that looks amazing! I just hope that no one's gonna be alive at the end. Except the cute little direwolf, of course.

Edited by Conan Troutman

I've been thinking more about Arya and the Hound and the experiences they've shared.  The foreshadowing is strong with these two. I sort of hope my speculation is wrong but here's how I'm writing her next chapter.

There is really no where else for them to go. The guards don't know that Sansa is at the Eyrie so Arya and Hound will turn around.  The Hound is a marked man so he has limited options for shelter and no good options for ransoming Arya. I suppose they could head back to the Brotherhood. They might try for the wall.   But they won't make it wherever it is.

The Hound is wounded and the foreshadowing about the seriousness of an infection from the bite was quite strong. I had a flash of their scene with the dying farmer where the Hound gave the guy some water before he basically taught Arya how to kill quickly and as mercifully as possible. (And right before he got the bite.)

I think that the Hound is going to die soon. And I think Arya is going to kill him... in a twist on her desire for revenge and an ironic checkmark on her list.  I think he will become fatally ill from the infection and she will echo that scene from the dying farmer and pierce him - with no joy - through the heart. (similar to Dany's mercy killing of Drogo)  Arya's last lesson from the Hound might be that things aren't as black and white as she's thought.

( The Mountain is dead/dying and we've already had the scene where the Hound relates his story to Arya.  That ties up any Hound loose ends. He can go now but I will miss him if this happens because I want to see him with Brienne!)

And because perfect wolf bread should not be wasted, two things are signalled. 1.  Brienne and Pod meet up with Arya (I think after the Hound dies) and 2. the wolf bread means Nymeria finds Arya.  After all. the Hound has been her surrogate wolf.

• Love 1

I just came here, after rewatching some of the last episode, to say that The Hound is essentially a dead man walking, right?

As they approached the gate they exchanged two things I thought were going to be important. First was him grabbing at the "flea bite" that has him walking quite a bit slower. It seems very likely that his story is coming to an end.

Second, he reiterated that poison is a woman's weapon. (Arya scolded him for dismissing it, noting that such beliefs will prevent him from ever becoming a great killer. Which is a whole other topic...) The poison talk made me wonder who is getting poisoned next? Is Sansa going that direction? We did have Tyrion say that "Sansa's not a killer. At least not yet." a couple episodes ago in one of my favorite quotes of this season.

As usual, even after over 100 people died in this episode, including Oberyn and I assume The Mountain, my mind is already on to who will be killed next.

Just a few wild thoughts I've had regarding where this show may go

I don't know that Arya would miss another family encounter.  I don't know if the show's writers would do that.  I wonder if somehow Sansa and Arya see each other.  The Hound sees how Littlefinger is too close.   He (at least in my view) has a crush on her and takes out LF. 

RE:  The Hound -  I hope like hell he doesn't go through the Moon Door.  If anything (if he does end up dying, which is my fear because I like him as well), I hope Arya learned the lesson of mercy killing and he's too weak to off himself so she takes the same grace with him as he did the farmer.  Foreshadowing Sansa with the needle sewing the dress and Arya with her Needle.

Gilly survives.  I am sure she knew that the 'hooting owl' was a Wildlings call.  Her being hidden in the closet, and Ygrette finding her, told me Ygrette realized Gilly knew they were coming and to protect herself and child.  Those who would know that would be Wildlings themselves.  I am wondering if her coming back to the Wall brings some kind of strength and determination in Sam that he never knew existed and *hopefully* we get to see him kick some major ass. 

I don't even want to think about Ramsey.  Could only have been me, but I got the distinct feeling when he'd told reek that he needed a bath, that reek was excited.  Perhaps he's grown a big love for Ramsey?  The only thing I want to think of with Ramsay is Theon breaking through and going ballistic on him.

And I am wondering if the Red Witch is going to use Stannis' daughter as a pawn.  She knew Onion was going to play a pivotal role.  What does she know about the daughter?  I fear she's going to do something ugly with her.  My hope outside of all hope is that the daughter has powers herself, and discovers them saving her father from the Red Witch.

I can only hope Tyrion makes it out of this alive.  It would send the butt hurt right through Cersi and I think she'd feel ultimately betrayed by life.  She's never felt she's gotten what she deserved.  Would be interesting if her end, if there is one, turns out to be one hell of a what she deserves.  Perhaps it will be considered a 'draw' therefor he is innocent.  Or, Varys has something up his sleeve.  I hope so!

One more thing about Littlefinger - he'd said 'sometimes the weakly grow up to be great successes' (paraphrasing).  I got the feeling he was referencing himself (smug asshole that he is), but I wonder if justice will finally come to LF.  Varys was very concerned about Sansa being with him.  Maybe *he's* got something planned that will be LF's ultimate doom. 

And because perfect wolf bread should not be wasted, two things are signalled. 1.  Brienne and Pod meet up with Arya (I think after the Hound dies) and 2. the wolf bread means Nymeria finds Arya.  After all. the Hound has been her surrogate wolf.

I suspect the Arya and the Hound will turn away from the Eyrie.  I don't know where they'll go in the short-term.

The Hound identified Arya to the Doorman at the Bloody Gate as Arya Stark.  If he passes  that information along to Brienne and Podrick, I could see the two of them going off in pursuit of Arya.  Since the Doorman knows Sansa as Aylane (or Elaine or whatever), B & P would have no reason to stick around to find Sansa.

What would make things really interesting in the Vale would be for the Blackfish to reappear and take charge of his niece and nephew.  Littlefinger wouldn't be running anything but his mouth. 

I've seen some comments that Littlefinger might kill Robin, but that wouldn't make sense because any power that he might have comes from Robin being Lord of the Vale.  If Robin dies, Littlefinger is nothing and the nearest Arryn relative becomes Lord.  I would think that Littlefinger would guard Robin with his life, especially since Sansa has turned the tables on him somewhat.  When she emerged as her true self, and especially in that last scene, I was wondering if his old feelings of resentment would return along with his lust for Catelyn 2.0.

Where is the Blackfish?  I don't remember him getting killed at the Red Wedding.  I hope he's not another one of those characters we never see again, like Uncle Benjen, Gendry, Rickon, etc. 

Why build a wall hundreds of feet high to keep a dangerous enemy out and put tunnels in it at ground level?  Unless this is a conceptual flaw, I think its further evidence that the wall wasn't built by the Westerons.

Whoever built the wall wanted to pass freely through it. The Westrons have no reason to go beyond the wall other than reconnaissance. They can do that from on top of the wall rather than sending people out into the dangerous wilderness.

However, If they run out of wildings,  the White Walker group would need to traverse the wall to get new recruits to maintain their rarnks. The wall is made of ice and must have some magical element to keep it intact, because weathering forces would have caused it to deteriate long ago. Cold and ice making is the basis of the WW groups magical power.

From the episode 9 thread

Makes perfect sense if Jon is really the son of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen.  Jon, being the son of Lyanna, is still a Stark.  And once he joins the NIght's Watch, he automatically gives up any claim on any land or titles he could've gotten as the son of Rhaegar -- including the Iron Throne.  Ned was too freaking honorable to actually have an affair, but he's also honorable enough to not want his innocent nephew to be needlessly slaughtered by Robert.  Hence the cover-up and claiming that Jon Snow was his own bastard.

I like this theory, but Lyanna would have had to be with Rhaegar for at least nine months for it to be possible. I always had the impression that he didn't torture her for that long before killing her. It's been awhile since I've seen the first season so I might be forgetting something.

What's always fascinated me is how uncomfortable Ned seemed whenever Robert waxed on about Lyanna. It makes me wonder if Lyanna ever wanted to marry/had any sort of affection for Robert. Was she officially engaged to him?

(edited)

From the episode 9 thread

Makes perfect sense if Jon is really the son of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen.  Jon, being the son of Lyanna, is still a Stark.  And once he joins the NIght's Watch, he automatically gives up any claim on any land or titles he could've gotten as the son of Rhaegar -- including the Iron Throne.  Ned was too freaking honorable to actually have an affair, but he's also honorable enough to not want his innocent nephew to be needlessly slaughtered by Robert.  Hence the cover-up and claiming that Jon Snow was his own bastard.

I like this theory, but Lyanna would have had to be with Rhaegar for at least nine months for it to be possible.

I would have thought Lyanna would only had to have been with Rhaegar for a few minutes.

Edited by Constantinople
  • Love 2

I would have thought Lyanna would only had to have been with Rhaegar for a few minutes.

I thought the same. Not sure why she would have to be with him for 9 months. How did she die again?

I wonder if after the series is done if HBO or GRRM will do a prequel.

Does anyone else feel that if the real popular characters from Game of Thrones get killed off, then the show will be less popular and people will not be interested in watching it as much. I know on Game of Thrones you never know who is going to die, but it seems like if they keep killing off popular characters there will be no reason to watch. And I'm not saying I want a happy ending, but it has to be more than murder and mayhem every week. When Boardwalk Empire killed off the popular character Jimmy Darmondy , the show really wasn't the same anymore. I fear Game of Thrones might end up like that.

So where are Tyrion and Varys headed?  Together those two can do great things. 

The most competent people in Kings Landing are Tywin, Tyrion, and Varys.   They drove Tyrion away, Tywin's dead, and Varys decided to get out of there.  Plus Stannis is set to destroy them now that they are weakened.  The Lannisters are screwed.  Jaime doesn't want to run things, and I don't think he could if he wanted to.  Cersi is enough of a petty shortsighted person to ruin the alliance with the Tyrells even though her family will need them more than ever.  She wants control more than she wants to ensure the survival of her family.

So what happens with the Tyrells?  Do they try to hang on to the alliance with the Lannisters through Tommen even with Cersi's resistance or like Varys with they see the Lannisters as a sinking ship to escape?  The assassination of Joffery and the connection to Littlefinger gives the Tyrells an in with those who want to resist the Lannisters. 

Just watched the Bran scene again. And I have so many questions. Who the hell was That old Guy in the Tree? One of the Old Gods? Who was that child with the fireballs? What about the skeletons? How will Brandon fly (I suppose ToGitT didn't mean the moon door...)?

And why did Stannis come from north? Why not from south of the Wall?

But most importantly, why didn't Tywin have some kind of newspaper? The daily Raven or something like that? That's just unrealistic.

• Love 3
(edited)

I made a list of pros and cons for every possible candidate I could think of for the job as new Hand. Feel free to add points or candidates to the list.

- Cersei Lannister:
  + Would get the biggest influence and power possible this way
  - Might not be allowed to do it since she is the regent

- Jamie Lannister:
  + Family member
  + Cersei's lover
  + Father of the king. His loyalty would be out of the question
  - If Cersei finds out he freed Tyrion, he might fall out of favor
  - May absolutely not want the job
  - Has zero experience in anything other than being a Kingsguard.

- Lancel Lannister:
  + Family member 
  + Was already Cersei's love toy once and could be Jamie's substitute if she breaks up with him
  + Easy to control and loyal
  - Has a reputation of not being very smart and likely has no political experience

- Kevan Lannister (Tywin's brother):
  + Family member
  + Political or at least military experience
  - Doesn't know the inner workings of KL
  ? Relationship to Cersei unknown

- Pycelle:
  + He's loyal to the Lannisters and should be easy to control
   + Long time member of the Small Council
   + Knows KL in and out
  - Cersei detests him
  - Might not be available since he's a Maester

- Qyburn (?)
  + Isn't a Maester anymore, so should be available
  + Cersei is apparently fond of him
  - Has little to no political experience
   - New in KL

- Mace Tyrell:
  + Is already on the Small Council
  + A key ally usually gets the job
  - Cersei hates the Tyrells and probably wants to break up the alliance anyway
  - Isn't the brightest bulb and likely not up to the task
  - Also not long in town

- Roose Bolton

+ Excellent political and military savvy

+ Should get along well with Cersei

- Currently at war in the North

- Walder Frey

+ Smug bastard, so Cersei should like him

+ Has great experience in the political field

+ Has tons of daughters and granddaughters if Tommen needs a new bride

- Never was in KL

- Littlefinger

+ Lannister ally (or so Cersei thinks)

+ Great political experience

+ Excellent spy network, could double as spymaster

+ Knows everything about KL

+ Could help with the financial stuff

- Cersei doesn't really like him

- Availability is questionable

Edited by Conan Troutman
  • Love 1

That's an interesting list of possibilities.  I think Cersei will pick the one that easiest for her to control.  She'll want a puppet not a leader and so I think Lancel or Pycelle are likely choices.

I have a strong feeling that it's going to end up being Mace Tyrell. I can see GRRM thinking it would be all kinds of lulz for it to be him after the last line of Hands. Cersei gets out of her betrothal to Loras while throwing a bone to the Tyrells/Olena/Margaery by maintaining their assistance with getting out of debt by putting Mace there. This also serves the Tyrells by maintaining their own position of power and buying time for Margaery to do her thing as far as getting on Tommen's good side. I'm sure Cersei doesn't want any of this but will just have to.

I think the Tyrells will simply go along with Cersei making the excuse that the timing is bad for her to leave King's Landing after Tywin's death, and simply because her son is not at the age of majority. It was proper for her to be there before with Joffrey, so by the same token, she can remain.

They get the advantage of having their heir back, since Loras is an only son. So I don't think they need a bone for this one, as long as Margaery remains ready to become THE Queen when Tommen comes of age. Cersei isn't good for the Tyrells to be the Lady of Highgarden. They need another smart lady for that position and Cersei is not only late in child bearing years but is not as smart as Oleanna or Margaery.

As for Hand, Cersei will choose someone she trusts. I'm guessing a cadet Lannister as she trusts her family the most.

Now on a different subject, at first, I was beginning to think that Sansa was modeled after Queen Elizabeth, but I think she may also be combined with Catherine the Great. Since the North seems to have things in common with Russia, why not?

Cersei as regent (the person who acts as King) actually out ranks the Hand (only on paper when Tywin was alive)  The regent is the person who picks the hand so she can't do the job. Although I suppose she could leave the position unfilled if she really did not want one. 

I"m not totally convinced that all of the dead around or North of the Wall must be burned to prevent them from returning.  I can understand the precaution, but no one's suggested that people dying south of the Wall need to burn their dead.  I think the northernmost deaths we've had that were south of Molestown were Maester Luwin and Ser Rodrik around Winterfell.  Being headless, Rodrik may have been precluded from turning into a wight, but there's no evidence Maester Luwin did (but perhaps that's for next season if Ramsay & Theon move into new digs at Winterfell).

I wonder if a dead person returns as a wight only if killed by a Walker or another wight, or perhaps if touched by a Walker or a wight in a particular way.

After all, Gilly's son didn't automatically turn into walker when he was born.  Craster's last son only turned into a walker after Spikehead Walker pressed his fingernail on the kid's cheek below the left eye.  Wights also have blue eyes, at least, that's what I remember.  Perhaps something similar must be done to them.

Here are my predictions for Season 5:

Wolves have antibacterial saliva and can feed other canines who are ill by vomiting up raw meat for them. So, obviously, Nymeria will find The Hound and bring him back to health.

There will still be Thenn running around south of the wall. They will go to the only inn in Westeros, massacre all the guests, and eat Hot Pie for dessert.

Sansa will continue to grow taller, and eventually do battle in King's Landing against The Mountain. After hacking him to death with an axe, she will retire to the North, accompanied only by her giant blue ox.

Varys will go undercover as an organ grinder with an enormous twirly mustache, complete with a (drunk, sarcastic, lecherous, and very badly disguised) trained monkey named Poopio.

Ser Pounce will betray Tommen by leaving a dead rodent in his bed, which Tommen of course mistakes for the return of Undead Joffrey, sending the kingdom into an insane panic. It is, of course, all part of Littlefinger's plan.

Osha will return to Bran, because she senses from the whispering of the trees that he is in desperate need of comic relief. She will not bring Rickon with her, because by now nobody even remembers that Rickon ever existed.

Balon Greyjoy, Roose Bolton, and Walder Frey will all go to war against one another, each one attempting to narrow the competition down after discovering that they are the three finalists in the Father of the Year competition.

Gendry will eventually be found drifting around on his raft by Gilly, who, it will turn out, does in fact actually have gills.

Jorah will finally meet an actual girlfriend, and she's okay about wearing the platinum wig to bed, but she leaves him when he insists on her also bringing three lizards.

And there will an entire episode narrated by Hodor.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 3

A General Speculation Thread for Non Readers.

Book readers should not post or 'like' in here even to answer queries/questions or just to 'clear up' confusion.

If any of our unspoiled posters would like an answer specifically from book readers, please use the 'Ask A Bookwalker' topic.

Thanks.

Bringing this from the episode thread, because it's partial speculation about Jon's parentage:

Every time I read that he's supposed to be one, I think about all that black hair he has.  They've made a big deal about hair color in the main families.  Jon doesn't have that white hair.  He looks more like a Baratheon.

Just a big deal for Baratheons, specifically, and even then nobody blinked at dark-haired Robert having blond children until Ned and his predecessor looked at the records. And there have been other part-Targaryens around, but few white-blondes like Dany. So my guess is that all Baratheons (from Robert's line, at least) are dark-haired, all inbred Targaryens white-blond, but a Targaryen cross would not be blond, Baratheon or not.

So, what's going to happen next week?

My spitballs:

- Meryn Trant rapes Arya and kills her afterwards.

- The Sand Snakes kill Myrcella and Bronn.

- The Harpies kill Tyrion and Missandei.

- Frankenmountain will be brought back, frees Cersei and kills all the Tyrells.

- An angel appears and elevates Ramsey to heaven.

- Dany and Drogon fly over King's Landing and roast Ser Pounce.

- Myranda poisons Sansa.

- Roose Bolton discovers Brienne and Pod and flays them.

- Olly kills Jon, Sam and Gilly. Allister then eats the baby.

• Love 4

A few things.

1) Melisandre may have power but that does not necessarily mean she speaks for the "Red God."  In fact by the look on the faces of all their soldiers watching Shireen be burned to death and given many of them are mercenaries I have a feeling even if Stannis wins Winterfell that his forces are at major risk of mass defections.

Evidence?  Earlier on this season the Red God preacher Tyrion and Varys spied on used Dany as the entire basis of her recruitment message.  The Brotherhood Without Banners while turning over Gendry still openly profess to supporting the dead King Robert and given we have yet to hear of any pro-Stannis activity in the Riverlands I assume still have their essentially anti-Royalist bent.

There are two political possibilities in this.  First that the religion is not that organized and it's just independent bands who don't communicate with each other.  Which will eventually lead to hostile factions who back different sides going at each other.  Second is that it is highly organized and the powers that be who run it want local operations to support the most popular and/or powerful figure in each region.  Which would mean if King Stannis is not ultimately the one the central authority favors he may one day find it is his blood that the "Red God" demands.

This may also mean something I have long suspected.  She may be able to create shadows and perform curses.  But they come from her own magic and the prophecy that those near her see in the fire are just tricks she causes others to believe.  Which of course is better than the alternative.  If Melisandre's Red God was real and controlling events that truly would be scary.

2) If the show is what we come to expect in a zombie apocalypse story one particular trend will continue.  Zombie apocalypse stories at their core have a complete failure of central authority.  And on the show the power of the one king (as enjoyed by King Robert and those before him) is dead.  If Stannis falls the power of the most powerful claimants are gone.  Many of the strong regional leaders are gone.  So far those regions have had others fill the void (Littlefingers in the Vale, the Boltons in the North, Walder Frey in the Riverlands). But all those as well as the strong houses still in control are on thin ice.  The Lannisters and the Tyrells may with the help of Taliban South destroy each other.  Prince Doran could be overthrown by the vipers.  Everyone hates the Freys.  And so on.  Once these powers are gone you're left with a world with at best lordlings and small polities freer to be rampaged by roving bands of whatever thus creating the apocalyptic world.

3) To go in the opposite direction there would be a kind of poetic justice in Littlefingers "prevailing".  Clawing his way up the "Game of Thrones" to achieve his lifelong ambition only to have the zombie armies arrive on his doorstep to make him realize his victory meant nothing.  Even worse only served to weaken the forces of humanity and his own doom.

• Love 2

I'm not even sure the Red God has a personality or "wants" anything, as we understand the term. I think it's more of an energy source. Various rituals can strengthen it and/or draw from it, and just like anything else there are rules to how those things function. Thoros knows ways to draw great power from it without burning infidels alive. Melisandre likes to use shortcuts.

3) To go in the opposite direction there would be a kind of poetic justice in Littlefingers "prevailing".  Clawing his way up the "Game of Thrones" to achieve his lifelong ambition only to have the zombie armies arrive on his doorstep to make him realize his victory meant nothing.  Even worse only served to weaken the forces of humanity and his own doom.

That might actually happen. There was a scene when Varys said LF wanted to rule, even if it meant to be king of the ashes or something like that. He might just get his wish. There was this vision of Dany back in season two, seeing KL in winter, with the roof of the Red Keep destroyed (presumably by her dragons). Maybe LF finds himself caught right between ice and fire.

Well, now the sullied and the unsullied are all in the same boat, since nobody but Martin and the producers know what's going to happen next.

Spitballing:

Jon will be revived by Melisandre.

Arya will regain her sight after some sort of trial or test.

Brienne will rescue Sansa and Theon.

FrankenMountain is going to kill some Dornish people.

• Love 2

Or Jon gets recruited by the White Walkers. Was waiting for his eyes to turn...could be interesting. The king was eyeing him pretty closely and they had a moment.

If he hadn't died South of the Wall, I would think that a possibility.  But if it still happens somehow, I'm switching to team White Walkers.

(edited)

Well, now the sullied and the unsullied are all in the same boat, since nobody but Martin and the producers know what's going to happen next.

Spitballing:

Jon will be revived by Melisandre.

Arya will regain her sight after some sort of trial or test.

Brienne will rescue Sansa and Theon.

FrankenMountain is going to kill some Dornish people.

Pretty solid speculation. I think you can take those to the bank. I'll add:

(a) Cersei will never go to trial, because

(b) Frankenmountain.

Edited by peggy06
(edited)

If he hadn't died South of the Wall, I would think that a possibility.  But if it still happens somehow, I'm switching to team White Walkers.

I was thinking the other day that if there was a misunderstanding over what made a White Walker and all it took was being of the North and suddenly Ned, Robb, and Jon were all of a sudden reunited as leaders of the White Walker army, I'd so be on their side.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 1