Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: 11pm - 12pm

Farewell Rebecca. At least, she lives on as Eowyn. Ha.

I was surprised that Nicole didn't leave Eric. Good for her. No doubt, if there is another season, seals her fate.

Donovan is so full of shit. At least, we know he will be the President if there is another season.

They could have hinted that Andy and Locke were going on vacation together. Andy deserves the break regardless.

I am glad that Nasir's daughter is safe. 

Edited by SimoneS

Well it's over. That's about what I feel compelled to say about it. 

Why did it take Nicole 12 hours to meet up with Eric? He clearly went either to the hospital or CTU medical to get stitches (though if CTU medical is as effective as CTU security, they probably would have stabbed an artery in the process), and Nicole just hung out and spent the night at CTU? That made no sense to me. 

Tony's storyline for the season, complete with the wildly pointless jealous/angry girlfriend, was such an incredible waste of time. 

I also enjoyed how when Mullins called the embassy with intent to drop off the girl, it was literally about 30 seconds later he said they had made arrangements for the girl's mother to come get her.

I know Jack Bauer is still going strong on ABC, but I really don't think this show should come back without him. Have a season in a few years with President Jimmy Smits sending Tony on a rescue mission. I don't need to see Eric ever again

• Love 3

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.   Man that was a dull season finale. To borrow a phrase from Isaac, that was definitely not a'ight.
Plus way too much dependence on smartphones.

Seriously, Nasiri didn't change his phone number when he got into the US ?  He didn't get a bag full of burner phones with a local numbers when he got into DC ?  The last time Ara knew his phone number he was in the Middle East.

That time jump was really awkward -- Andy didn't bother to go home in 12 hours.  Mariana didn't bother to go home either. Everyone has been up for 24+ hours at this point.

Was the Jordanian ambassador secretly evil since he had that photo of the sheikh in his office ?  I was expecting him and his men to gun down Mullins during the exchange just because.

Couldn't give a damn about Simms' suicide -- a character we barely knew offed himself.

And just to prove that they really didn't have enough plot to fill twelve episodes, we got even more of Eric and Nicole's relationship issues -- who wanted more of that ? FFS !

While I know Carter was off getting stitches, since when does it take CTU 12 hours to do a debrief.  And what was with the overly dramatic pause before he went into the door for his debrief.  Nicole did know that he was coming back, right ?

Tony and his girlfriend up and disappeared like a fart in the wind -- sorry show writers, I just don't believe Eric would defeat Tony.  That's just bullshit.

• Love 1

Well, that was a pile of dog vomit, especially all the not-wrapping-up after the time jump (which was done solely to make it 24 hours). 

The Senator's dad (and uncle!!!) killed all those people but it's OK because of reasons.  And the Senator will stay in the race despite his dad (and uncle!!!) killing all those people because of reasons.

Mullins knocked his boss unconscious but boss didn't mind because of reasons.

Eric won't have any secrets from Nicole... He's working for CTU -- he's going to have nothing but secrets.  But Nicole is the good submissive wife and all is wonderful.

1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

Donovan is so full of shit. At least, we know he will be the President if there is another season.

I'm sure his daddy (and uncle!!!) will be top advisors.

1 hour ago, marinw said:

I found that time jump awkward.

I found it utterly useless.

• Love 3

I still can't get over those stylish boots Rebecca was wearing. Rebecca, why you looking so classic? "I don't want my best-dressed day in a casket!"

As much as I appreciate the noble sentiment of Andy flipping all the traffic lights to green on the ambulance's behalf, he has forgotten two important things: first, it is an ambulance and it does not stop for red lights. Second, the ambulances here (and I assume in Washington DC) can change the lights themselves.

Nicole has volunteered herself to be a kidnapping and/or extortion victim should we get another season.

2 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

since when does it take CTU 12 hours to do a debrief.  And what was with the overly dramatic pause before he went into the door for his debrief.  Nicole did know that he was coming back, right ?

Well, they did go into room 420, suggesting they're about to smoke a pound of weed to relieve the stress of the day. The knowing glance hearkens back to the gangsta days. Nicole knows he'll be a while. (Seriously, is it just me or is it weird that none of these characters smoke? Max on Homeland confessed to a year of meth and masturbation after his most stressful day and Aram on The Blacklist sparked up a fat joint in a FBI vehicle while surrounded by his fellow agents!)

• Love 2

Called Rebecca getting the "silent clock" from the previous episode..

How this show couldve redeemed itself in the final 90 or so seconds,instead of a long lingering shot of Nicole..

-Carter walks in and says something to the effect that he's ready to join CTU..

-Director Zoom(ha!) then welcomes him aboard then tells him"there's a job we need you on..it's off-books however.oh,and you also should contact Mr Almeida as well."

-Carter:"Wait,why him?"

-Director Zoom"Trust me,he WILL want to be involved in this operation.and in addition,there's a former agent that needs to be in on this as well..some hacker named O'Brien or something. Then you three need to be on a plane to Russia ASAP."

-Carter:"What's this all about?"

-Director Zoom opens a file on his computer and swivels the monitor around to face Carter: "HIM." (zoom in on a picture  of Jack Bauer)

*Clock resets*

Edited by TDT
  • Love 7

Well that's done. Thankfully.

As others have said, please don't attempt this again without Kiefer.  Eric Carter was weak sauce.  And I had to stifle a yawn over Rebecca.

4 hours ago, jhlipton said:
6 hours ago, marinw said:

I found that time jump awkward.

I found it utterly useless.

And boring as hell. Such an anti-climatic ending.

The clock looked stupid fastforwarding like that.

They could have hinted that Andy and Locke were going on vacation together. Andy deserves the break regardless.

They forgot that Locke was ever there.  Maybe he's the one person who went home.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 1

So poor Eric screwed up just about everything he attempted: killing Naseri (?) and rescueing Rebecca alive. So he gets a job offer at CTU now, even though the person who offered him the job is dead? Allrighty then.

I like JImmy Smits but I found his performance lackluster in this outing, even when mourning Rebecca.

I feel a bit bad for Corey Hawkins. He was game but I found him lacking charisma.

4 hours ago, dwmarch said:

an ambulance and it does not stop for red lights.

I thought of that too.

Edited by marinw
  • Love 1

I was expecting (and even perhaps hoping) for Rebecca to die. After all, she is far from innocent. She kidnapped a 10 year old girl and imprisoned her.

Even now I don't understand Donald Simm's angle. If it was Rebecca's idea to kidnap the girl, why would he feel responsible for it and try to cover it up? 

I seriously doubt that there will be another season of 24.  If there is, it needs a complete reboot with a whole new cast, and new writers.

I agree. Many people have said all along that they simply couldn't connect with any or most of the characters. I'm hard pressed to even remember most of their names - for example, Edgar's niece or cousin, or whatever she was - what was up with her? She initially seemed like a villain, so nasty and with a big chip on her shoulder. But nothing ever really happened with her to make me even care if she was in an episode or not. It doesn't matter if she's never seen again because her absence won't mean anything anyway. I liked Andy but...he was no Chloe. And why was there no development of his relationship (past/present) with what's-his-name (see? I can't even recall the guy's name)? I wanted to know their background, wanted something to help me either root for or against their relationship. I realize there was less time/episodes in which to 'bond' with these characters, and that's a challenge. Maybe more intense writing would help?

I didn't mind most of this episode, TBH.  This reluctantly includes Rebecca's death in and of itself.  However, the thing that took me right out of it in a big way was Melted Jihadi Pop, with his one arm that was handcuffed to a frigging pipe and one eye, managing to whack Naseri (who at least was in the same big room) and Rebecca at range with an admittedly leftover gun.  That was just a bit too WTF for me, even allowing that I was expecting some sort of swerve/counterswerve from the minute Eric got Naseri on the phone with Ara.  OTOH, Ara lived.

That said, minus the big dustup with Eric and Tony (which conveniently took out every redshirt in the place) I have to agree that as far as season finales go it was rather understated--I don't want to go all the way to boring, but predictable's definitely in play (which probably brings us back to Rebecca).  Taking this season as a semi-reset to establish this new CTU, I guess it succeeded, but the whole thing seemed annoyingly...low-key?

3 hours ago, mkqq said:

Even now I don't understand Donald Simm's angle. If it was Rebecca's idea to kidnap the girl, why would he feel responsible for it and try to cover it up?

Kidnapping an innocent is one of the few things that is almost universally frowned upon, so that specific aspect would have definitely led to a media firestorm.  Since he was still keeping Ara hostage in that pretty and now wrecked house (and this is where I again wonder why she was even still alive at this point), the firestorm would have been that much worse.  The Jordanian embassy getting involved does lead to some different questions, though: how far would they take this with what they know (or could get out of Ara, even indirectly)?  Would they keep quiet if the US government asked them to?

Ok so I'm only a 3rd of the way through and here we go again.

Did Tony go full amateur to match Eric's youthful vigor? Let's see laser lights that were used to track back to the shooters. "here I am shoot me!!" Then not cutting power to the building first, not using night vision goggles, Eric braking his arm? really?

Then Eric puts the little girl in a room to hide but puts the light on so that the light leaks from under the door in a dark house. Wow a real brain surgeon.

...continued to be amazed.

• Love 1

"It's okay, I'm not gonna let anything happen to you." Coming from Carter, those words should strike fear into anyone he calls himself trying to rescue.

Why didn't Tony recognize Carter? Hadn't they already met?

Wasn't Rebecca like the equivalent of a CIA or NSA director? (Or at least a former one.) No way would the US be sitting back letting that execution happen. This show is such baloney.

So Carter was going to kill Naseri while his daughter was watching on the phone?

Not particularly sad to see Rebecca go. I was never much impressed with her and her cowboy antics. And she's probably taken her husband's political career down with her when all the dirt comes out.

To borrow a phrase from Isaac, that was definitely not a'ight.

+1

instead of a long lingering shot of Nicole..

Right? What was that all about? Whatever, if this show does manage to get a second season I wish they could find a way to replace Corey Hawkins with the guy who played Eric.

CTU must really be hurting for field agents, as their most effective one during the last 24 hours isn't even on payroll. Nicole needs to make sure Eric sends in an invoice for "consulting". Their house is gonna need some work after what Jadallah's men did to it.

24: LAD had me hoping Yvonne Strahovsky would take over the Bauer mantle. At least she learned from the best. All we got this season was gray-area Almeida and a shout out to Edward. 

At least we know Naseri's daughter is safe. What's that? He's taking her to Yemen? Oh well, she'll probably die in a drone strike.

• Love 1

Ara looked suspiciously like a 25 year old little person. Are we really sure the actress was 10 years old like her character was?

Out of curiosity I googled her. Found a YouTube video of her that said she was nine years old in 2014 so she'd be 16 or 17 11 or 12 now. So apparently she's still small enough to play a semi-convincing preteen.

All we needed was for Eric and/or Tony to set up a perimeter. That would have been reassuring. 

I don't know what this means. Is it a reference to the original 24?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
because I are not good with addin' and subtractin'
3 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Out of curiosity I googled her. Found a YouTube video of her that said she was nine years old in 2014 so she'd be 16 or 17 now. So apparently she's still small enough to play a semi-convincing preteen.

If she was nine in 2014, wouldn't that just make her 12?

"Sorry Sheik" made me laugh when Naseri pulled the plug on the televised execution. It sounded like a line that an old-style TV episode would make someone's catch-phrase. I don't know the intricacies of terrorist groups, but it seemed off to me that, regardless of what she'd done, a woman would get a televised beheading.

Eric vs. Tony reminded me of Marvel comics, where, in the middle of a mission to get the Big Bad, the hero would meet and fight, in a misunderstanding that fed fandom's need to assess a "who would win" scenario, and then the hero would continue on, having received the blessing of a better-selling character.

Nicole asking that Eric only ever be truthful with her means that, should there be future seasons, we will see a scene where she will say "I asked ONE thing of you, Eric! ONE thing!" Not looking forward to it.

I agree the season was lackluster as a whole, and even though he didn't start out too well, I do think Corey Hawkins got consistently better as the season progressed.  I would watch another season with  Eric Carter as lead.

Bailey Chase was listed as one of the guest stars in the opening credits, yet I didn't see Locke anywhere.  Did I miss him?

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 1

A disappointing finale to what was a fairly disappointing season. No shocks or surprises in the last episode, all very predictable. If Tony had killed Eric before he got the telephone call from the senator that would have been a shock but we all knew Eric would be fine.

I didn't like the time jump at the end at all, if they want to keep the show as taking place within 24 hours but only have 12 episodes I'd rather they skip hours through the course of the day. Scenes involving an interrogation would be ideal to skip an hour, how long did they spend interrogating the senator's father? About 30 minutes I think, skipping an hour to make it 90 minutes would have been better in my opinion.

I started watching the first season of 24 on Amazon Prime a few weeks ago, so much better than Legacy but with similarities. Spoiler if you've not watched season 1.

Spoiler

Both had a senator running for president and both had a bad guy supposedly killed by the hero on an earlier mission who then turns out to be alive.

If there is another season some original story lines would be good and not recycling parts of old ones.

For what possible reason was Naseri’s daughter kidnapped and made to look like she was killed by Americans? The only logical explanation I can come up with is that I must have missed the episode where that was explained.

All we needed was for Eric and/or Tony to set up a perimeter. That would have been reassuring. 

I don't know what this means. Is it a reference to the original 24?

"Setting up a perimeter" is something that's been said in practically every episode of '24' since the day it went on the air. And no matter what, the perimeter that's set up NEVER, EVER works - it never contains who it's supposed to, or keeps out who it's supposed to. It's truly a joke when anyone, especially a CTU person, gives the instruction to set up a perimeter - it's a guarantee that things will go wrong, and people will die. It has the effectiveness of taking someone to the CTU medical center - you are as good as dead.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Bailey Chase was listed as one of the guest stars in the opening credits, yet I didn't see Locke anywhere.  Did I miss him?

Apparently he was Mullins' helicopter pilot.  I missed him on the first go-round, too.

2 hours ago, Rambler said:

For what possible reason was Naseri’s daughter kidnapped and made to look like she was killed by Americans? The only logical explanation I can come up with is that I must have missed the episode where that was explained.

The major part got explained two episodes before this one, IIRC.  The original kidnapping was to try to get Naseri to flip on Jihadi Pop; he never did, and DNI Simms...apparently decided to hold on to her instead of killing her, and stuck her in that pretty house outside of DC.  A year or so later, and Naseri had assumed that she was dead.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I seriously doubt that there will be another season of 24.  If there is, it needs a complete reboot with a whole new cast, and new writers.

TV Grim Reaper has it even odds (55% likely) to be renewed.

13 hours ago, Biggie B said:

I wanted to know their background, wanted something to help me either root for or against their relationship. I realize there was less time/episodes in which to 'bond' with these characters, and that's a challenge. Maybe more intense writing would help?

Have bin-Khalid be dead, dead, dead (the Rangers did the One Thing they were sent to do) and Terrorist Hipster Kid and his sleeper cells are the Big Bad.  Then the last 3 or 4 episodes aren't rushed and we can take a minute to get to know the characters.
24:London Go Boom was a 12 episode season, but had far more interesting and well-written characters.  The Muslim friend of the Big Bad's daughter was only in a couple of episodes but was more interesting than Anime-Eyes CTU Agent.

12 hours ago, Bill C. said:

However, the thing that took me right out of it in a big way was Melted Jihadi Pop, with his one arm that was handcuffed to a frigging pipe and one eye, managing to whack Naseri (who at least was in the same big room) and Rebecca at range with an admittedly leftover gun. 

Neither Nasari nor Rebecca thought to make sure (a) the he was restrained and (b) there were no loose guns floating about.  They both got their Darwin Award!

12 hours ago, Cepolly said:

Let's see laser lights that were used to track back to the shooters.

Last episode, wasn't Eric getting a real-time display of their heat signatures?  That was totally forgotten this episode so we could have him detect a redshirt by the laser sight.  Yeah.

This was officially the worst season of 24. I don't want it blamed on Jack not being around because even Keifer couldn't save this. Now that it's over we know for a fact that they had no long term planning for ANYTHING. Not the character arcs, the terroist plot, the political storyline. They only had to come up with 12 episodes and yet things were still all over the place and made no sense. It was so plot driven that you didn't care about anybody. The only characters that worked were Nicole, Isaac and Rebecca, but the first two weren't given roles that are sustainable long term and Rebecca was foolishly killed off. What is it with 24 always killing off the strong females? Rebecca was more entertaining than Eric and they waste her on that anti-climatic death? Bye with that BS. She would've been a very useful asset to a potential season two. 

Another thing that isn't very 24 are the lack of deaths overall. It wouldn't matter since they didn't let us get to know the characters, but everybody pretty much survived. You have CTU invaded and didn't think to kill off anyone? No mole? I don't know it just felt tired. If the show is renewed I need major changes to support this.

41 minutes ago, KnotsLanding said:

You have CTU invaded and didn't think to kill off anyone? No mole? I don't know it just felt tired.

I kind of liked that there was no mole this time around. A change of pace for CTU. 

If this does get to come back, I'd like to see Andy and Isaac working together in some capacity. I feel like they'd be an interesting duo. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Bill C. said:

The major part got explained two episodes before this one, IIRC.  The original kidnapping was to try to get Naseri to flip on Jihadi Pop; he never did, and DNI Simms...apparently decided to hold on to her instead of killing her, and stuck her in that pretty house outside of DC.  A year or so later, and Naseri had assumed that she was dead.

Really? That was the plan? Sounds kinda stupid. They kidnap the daughter to get Naseri to turn on his boss. Then the boss is killed (or so they thought), so why would they still hold on to the daughter? If they were holding on to her to use as leverage against Naseri, wouldn’t it have been a perfect time to trade her for a kidnapped presidential candidate? If they weren’t going to use her then, were they planning on keeping her in the house until she died of old age?

6 hours ago, KnotsLanding said:

everybody pretty much survived. You have CTU invaded and didn't think to kill off anyone?

Except for Bridge Cop before the invasion and Cheating Agent as part of it.

On 4/17/2017 at 10:37 PM, TheRabbi said:

Well it's over. That's about what I feel compelled to say about it. 

I have already almost stoped thinking about it. I maintain that 24 was a products of its time, that time being the 00's.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Mrs OldManBalls said:

I kind of liked that there was no mole this time around. A change of pace for CTU. 

If this does get to come back, I'd like to see Andy and Isaac working together in some capacity. I feel like they'd be an interesting duo. 

I'm not saying there has to be a mole, but the pacing was so bad that I'd take it just to give me SOMETHING. This show had no momentum and felt more like 24 done as a procedural show. At CTU I just don't feel we got to know the characters and didn't have any good dynamics between them. I don't even remember the boring CTU directors name. Same with the political storyline. Everybody was pretty much just there and used only when needed to push the plot along. Simms, for example, came out of nowhere so why would we care about his suicide or anything that happened with him? He should've been in the earlier episodes to help develop that story thread.

Wow, what a dud of a season finale.  Guess that's what happens though when you're not guaranteed that you're going to get renewed.  You have to leave the door open for another season, but you can't have some shocking season finale that leaves viewers hanging for an answer/resolution that they may never get.  Because if the series gets canned, then it makes the series seem even less complete.

Rebecca being offed was quite surprising, since she was one of the only ones that we're supposed to care about.  Mullins just doesn't cut it as CTU director. 

In the end, this series left me unsatisfied.  It's just not the same without Jack Bauer. 

I'm really sad to agree with the consensus.  Even the S6 finale centred around the insane plot with the Bauer family ended incredibly strong with that Heller/Jack scene.  This had nothing of interest because the characters were so undercooked.  Tony was wasted.  Donovan... it seems like we want to think he's another Palmer but Palmer was shrewd and actually a lot more moral than Donovan is turning out to be (in a twist that was way more interesting on "Homeland").  None of the CTU crowd are of any interest -- Locke didn't even merit a line.

It's nothing to do with Jack.  Kiefer's amazing but the show could survive without him.  What it can't survive is the repetitious plots and dull characters.

I still hope against hope that there's a S2.  The format is phenomenal and these writers have pulled it out of the bag before.  I certainly hope that they remember how they got panned for S6, learned from their mistakes and came back with a very strong S7 instead of thinking that all is okay.  And while I've enjoyed Eric, a whole-cast reboot wouldn't be a total loss -- there's no burning need to see any of them back.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, gallimaufry said:

And while I've enjoyed Eric, a whole-cast reboot wouldn't be a total loss -- there's no burning need to see any of them back.

I didn't enjoy Eric -- Isaac would be a much better choice, a'ight?

• Love 1

Now that its all over I will chime in.

I don't understand all the hate this continuation series got.

Yes, I absolutely love the Jack Bauer character but I also love the concept of this show. Real time with exciting twists and turns. There is literally no other show like this on television. I would gladly welcome back Eric Carter, Nicole, The Sentator, Andy and the rest. FOX should give it another chance. I think expectations in a world of universally low ratings across the networks were too high. This isn't 2007, 1997, 1987, 1977 or 1967....ratings simply are never going to be sky high again and that is the fact.

One last thing. These 12 episodes were head and shoulders above anything offered in Season 6 which featured Jack's family is Evil...no I men really EVIL plus an atomic bomb going off in Valencia and nobody is the slightest bit panicked and people are even playing tennis outside Martha Logan's bungalow.

LEGACY you've got a least one fan!

• Love 2

I found this season kind of boring. 

Early on, the real time aspect was novel and new.  Now it's old hat.

Shows about terrorism are nothing new, but I always found 24 entertaining because 24 was anchored by the long established character of Jack Bauer.  You can give a show a strong anchor star, but have an ensemble cast strong enough that the show survives without that star.  The Office is a good example.  But that doesn't work when you're regularly changing cast and killing off characters.  Jack Bauer was the only real constant thing that made it always feel like the same show.  Now it just feels like some lame knock-off.