Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E20: The Finale - "Chateau She Did That"

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I didn't see much of Chateau Sheree except a lot of white walls and a few nice chandeliers.  Oh, and an unfinished basement. Did I miss something? 

Thought I was the only one that noticed that. No problem with the unfinished basement, I have been trying to finish mine for 3 years. The camera crew did a poor job of filming the house I just could not get a grasp on decor.  What I managed to see was lovely but I could never get a clear view of the rooms. Guess you had to be there.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, byrd said:

I'm taking a valium for the reunion,  all 4 episodes.

Oh the reunion will be explosive compared to the season! It was dragged out too long with the same cat-calling & friendship psycho-drama! Like the vacations and girls' night out when people like Marlo and Sheree get messy bringing up issues that have nothing to do with them! It's as if they were practicing Andy's role about getting things out into the open! Most of these people will have a lot to explain and no amount of lying will save them when the video-clips will dispute their every word! Phaedra, Sheree, and Porsha will have a lot of "plainin' to do!" It appears Phaedra's dishonesty knew no bounds and she's talked her way right off the show! I can't imagine how they can keep Porsha since she's alienated herself from all the ladies as well since Kandi's being supported by the others! Sheree's SL with this stupid house has ended so I'm not sure what else she's supposed to do? No one wants to see her be the momanger to her son! Tonight I will get great satisfaction watching Lisa Rinna of "RHBH" getting hers for all her misdeed of the past season! See ya'll over there! ;-)

Edited by Jamie Satyr
Corrected spelling
19 hours ago, Aging Goth said:

To make matter even more interesting.  Kenya had a date at that party.  It was Matt!  There is a picture floating around with him helping her with the train of the gown she wore to the party. 

Ha! Go figure!

14 hours ago, lezlers said:

Also, Phaedra is not representing him nor is her firm so there's no conflict of interest. 

Her firm wasn't? That was the impression I got from their converstion at the meeting, plus the meeting took place at her firm.

Edited by Ubiquitous
5 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

Ha! Go figure!

Ger firm wasn't? That was the impression I got from their converstion at the meeting, plus the meeting took place at her firm.

No, she took him to a friend's firm. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

But, Todd/Kandi did help Apollo hide assets even though they knew the feds were all over Phaedra to find them first and I do think the timing is important in how things between her/Kandi got so bad/nasty/ugly so fast. Kandi was well aware of Phaedra's nasty/liar self and was fine with her for years so what does that say about Kandi? LOL

I don't know they were hiding assets I believe they had been storing the items for Apollo.  Did Phaedra really give Kandi and Todd notice the Feds were all over her to surrender assets?  It usually happens pretty fast as in right after the plea the execute a writ. 

To me, it has kind of become familiarity breeds contempt situation.  I believe a lot of Phaedra's duplicity lies in the fact that she believes she is smarter and better then everyone else and they won't have the smarts to check her.  I also got the impression once Apollo was initially searched Phaedra had to do a lot of soul searching about whether Apollo was the right choice. Her confessionals over the years have done her no favors.  She can be downright belligerent towards others.  I will say

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I don't know they were hiding assets I believe they had been storing the items for Apollo.  Did Phaedra really give Kandi and Todd notice the Feds were all over her to surrender assets?  It usually happens pretty fast as in right after the plea the execute a writ. 

To me, it has kind of become familiarity breeds contempt situation.  I believe a lot of Phaedra's duplicity lies in the fact that she believes she is smarter and better then everyone else and they won't have the smarts to check her.  I also got the impression once Apollo was initially searched Phaedra had to do a lot of soul searching about whether Apollo was the right choice. Her confessionals over the years have done her no favors.  She can be downright belligerent towards others.  I will say

Todd and Kandi were in contact with Apollo all during his arrest thru his plea deal, there is no way they did not know the feds were looking for Apollo's assets. It was all over the local press/news!

• Love 2

From the preview we see that Phaekdra finally will have to account for starting that rumor Porsha passed around. She has been saying over and over that she doesn't see herself and Kandi being friends again. Between the rumor mongering and showing up for Johnnie's talks with the lawyer, girl you know you done blowed that relationship up real good. Now just keep pretending you are the offended party. You're so good at that. Any regrets for assuming Kandi deliberately brought Apollo's side chick into the picture? I thought not. You're a piece of work.

• Love 8
On 04/09/2017 at 7:55 PM, Neurochick said:

What drugs was Kandi on when she slept with Brock?  He looked like a nasty, crusty crackhead and I couldn't understand a word he said and I'm used to all types of accents.

Kenya's dress looked like it was made of polyester.

I guess Kim needs a job now.  Is her husband working?  Her duck lips were not cute.

Kenya is so common going in the basement, I would have locked her ass down there for a few hours.

I lost it when Kenya brought up the duck lips and Kim made a perfect duck face! Funniest moment of the night.

• Love 3
On 04/10/2017 at 8:48 AM, CrinkleCutCat said:

I agree Islandgirl140: that scene with Riley, her dad Block and Kandi was excruciating to watch. That poor girl is being filmed at the juncture of two difficult moments: meeting up with her technically unknown father AND being a socially awkward teen...oh, and let's add a third difficult ingredient! Let's film it for tv. Shame on Kandi for agreeing to this scene.

I sometimes wonder if Riley consents to this because it is her way of not only dissing him in return, but of doing so very publicly. I know she seems awkward, but she also knows how to dig in her heels in quiet but effective resistance.

• Love 9
On 04/10/2017 at 1:01 PM, cooksdelight said:

Favorite line of the night -- Keyna calling Kim "Octomom"

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Hilarious! BUT, technically, she only has six, so she is “sexomom." LOL

• Love 1
Just now, renatae said:

Just now, renatae said:

You forgot those 2 others she'll birth one day; those lips! ;-)

• Love 4
9 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Todd and Kandi are many things but they are not stupid.  The feds are not discrete when they are searching for the ill gotten assets of suspects and felons.  They knew the feds were looking for Apollo's assets.  When Apollo asked them to "keep" these big ticket items, they had to know he was hiding them from Phaedra (marital assets), the feds or both.  They knew Apollo had purchased these items with money he had stolen from his victims.  What they did was beyond shady.  They remained silent while they knew the feds were harassing Phaedra for information on the whereabouts of Apollo's stash.  Kandi was supposed to be Phaedra's friend.  What kind of person does this to a friend?

As I recall, when Apollo took his things to Kandi and Todd's, he told Todd something about there not being enough room at his place and that Phaedra was pressing him to get the stuff out of there. Maybe they were naive in accepting them, but IMO, absent any direct conversation showing they intentionally hid assets knowing the IRS was looking for them and hassling Phaedra, that's all speculation, especially the part about them knowing he bought the items with stolen money. Phaedra claims she knew nothing about his activities, so how can it be assumed they knew?

• Love 10
11 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

The original lawsuit was filed on October 27, 2016, during the filming of Season 9 of RHOA an amended lawsuit was filed March 23, 2017.  Kandi and Todd filed an answer and counter claim and have very clearly laid out what transpired and when.  http://radaronline.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/kandi-burruss-sues-former-employee-defamation-rhoa.pdf   Kandi has the receipts including a signed Non-Disclosure Agreement.  Sounds to me like Mr. WInston doesn't have a leg to stand on.  None of the scenes were re-enactments.

So why Phaedra would agree to act as a support person is baffling. 

I think she gets off on anything that will upset Kandi or make her look bad. She wants all the tea. No,  she didn't stand to make any money and risked looking petty, but she clearly thinks we are dumb enough to buy her line. Her recompense is revenge.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, AndySmith said:

Ok, maybe I am being a bit dense here and/or misreading the title, but...what is "Chateau She Did That" a pun of?

I don't think there's anything to be read into it, other than being a portmanteau(?) or combination of "Château Sheree" and "She did it". Lawd knows how much she's bragged about this questionable accomplishment.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Todd and Kandi are many things but they are not stupid.  The feds are not discrete when they are searching for the ill gotten assets of suspects and felons.  They knew the feds were looking for Apollo's assets.  When Apollo asked them to "keep" these big ticket items, they had to know he was hiding them from Phaedra (marital assets), the feds or both.  They knew Apollo had purchased these items with money he had stolen from his victims.  What they did was beyond shady.  They remained silent while they knew the feds were harassing Phaedra for information on the whereabouts of Apollo's stash.  Kandi was supposed to be Phaedra's friend.  What kind of person does this to a friend?

So they KNEW the feds were looking for his stuff at the time they agreed to hold his stuff? That's the part I find not truly confirmed. Like did his stuff show up 2 days after it was all over the place that the Fed were tracking assets or had that stuff been in their garage for months already? It's the timeline that I find to be blurry. I'm also curious about how privy would they be to Apollo's business. I mean did the Feds put out an ad in the paper? Was all of the investigations and new articles that we see now floating around announcing the search out there the same time Apollo ask for the favor? I'm just questioning how "abundant" this worldwide search was and if that information was so blaringly out there. Kandi wasn't really talking to much to Phaedra if at all so all she would have had was whatever publicity that was out there at the time about the case. I mean Kandi did have a lot of shit going on and I doubt she was wasting her time digging up stuff on Apollo and Phaedra like we the fans do and even if she did was all this public knowledge at THAT time?

I truly don't know so...

13 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Todd and Kandi were in contact with Apollo all during his arrest thru his plea deal, there is no way they did not know the feds were looking for Apollo's assets. It was all over the local press/news!

Are we sure that detail was? About seizing assets?

• Love 2
15 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Believe it!  Social media and reality shows are the easiest way for feds/police to find stuff.  People can be so stupid.

I'm just not remembering anything on the show that suggested the search for Apollo's assets was all over the news at THAT time and that the information was out there for all to see. So unless the news breaking all over the place coincides with the time that Kandi and Todd agree to hold Apollo's stuff then I don't get why it's assumed that Kandi and Todd "were well aware" of the situation of the Feds. Where are the references of the timeline. While it was airing sure we all knew what went down. It was all over the place by the time the show aired but during the filming of these episodes had the news broke already? That's what my biggest question is. Cause if it wasn't then I'm really not understanding why anyone would expect Todd and Kandi to KNOW the items are suspect and not just some petty argument between Apollo and Phaedra and him needing a place for his shit to appease Phaedra.

I mean unless it was already all over the news their explanation seems legit to me. Like why would they question his story? It's not like they start every conversation with him with his right hand over a bible and an oath to tell the truth and nothing but the truth. Sounds to me he asked for a favor and they thought nothing of helping him out. I don't really think it went that deep but hey. Like I said I don't remember the ins and outs of what was already in the news and what wasn't at the time they agreed to do him that favor so......

• Love 4
5 hours ago, renatae said:

As I recall, when Apollo took his things to Kandi and Todd's, he told Todd something about there not being enough room at his place and that Phaedra was pressing him to get the stuff out of there. Maybe they were naive in accepting them, but IMO, absent any direct conversation showing they intentionally hid assets knowing the IRS was looking for them and hassling Phaedra, that's all speculation, especially the part about them knowing he bought the items with stolen money. Phaedra claims she knew nothing about his activities, so how can it be assumed they knew?

This is what I'm saying. Like why can't they take him at his word? They are his friends so they not gonna side eye him like maybe the rest of us would. That's the point of being friends. To not treat him any differently than they would anyone else. This idea that they should have done some intense, extensive vetting before allowing their friend to store some stuff at they house is ridiculous to me. Especially when he came in with a simple explanation for needing a place to store his stuff. Makes sense to me.

• Love 5

If a known felon, even a friend, contacts you and asks you to keep his valuable stuff at your house.... you just say no. Period. Kandi isn't the brightest bulb when it comes to helping friends, nor is Todd. And of course they allowed cameras to film all of that. Lesson learned, the hard way.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

This is what I'm saying. Like why can't they take him at his word? They are his friends so they not gonna side eye him like maybe the rest of us would. That's the point of being friends. To not treat him any differently than they would anyone else. This idea that they should have done some intense, extensive vetting before allowing their friend to store some stuff at they house is ridiculous to me. Especially when he came in with a simple explanation for needing a place to store his stuff. Makes sense to me.

I don't know what he brought there, but it sounds like a motorbike and maybe some other outdoor toys.  From what I've seen of Phaedra's backyard its a typical McMansion.....giant house relatively tiny backyard.  And I believe its all completely landscaped.  The garage also appears to be pretty full (from when Apollo was chasing Phaedra around in it).  Kandi on the other hand, has a giant property and probably a huge backyard.  I think she lives in a less densely populated area.  I don't even know if anyone lives in the servants quarters.  So, she does have plenty of room.

Someone else had addressed this (Ms. Funky Dineva Ross I believe) but its possible that Todd knew or knows more about Apollo's situation than Kandi does.  So Apollo may have told Todd that a divorce was pending and he wanted to hide his stuff from Phaedra.  Or he may have just told them both that he didn't have room.

• Love 5

I'm not sure I can last through four reunion episodes. I tuned out about halfway through the season and only watched the finale to see Chateau Sheree. This season was way too nasty for me. And there was way too much Mama Joyce for my taste. She's loathsome. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Box305 said:

I'm not sure I can last through four reunion episodes. I tuned out about halfway through the season and only watched the finale to see Chateau Sheree. This season was way too nasty for me. And there was way too much Mama Joyce for my taste. She's loathsome. 

Well they must have gotten the hint at the end; didn't see her the last few weeks! ;-)

• Love 2
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

I don't know what he brought there, but it sounds like a motorbike and maybe some other outdoor toys.

I remember a white high-end car also. Doesn't matter if it's a domino, if it's something that belonged to Apollo, and he owed restitution to the people he conned.... it's material that the feds had a right to seize. Aiding and abetting a felon is a serious crime, they are lucky they played dumb and got off the hook. 

• Love 2

Apollo's bikes and 4 wheeler were stored at Kandi's and Cyn's when he and Phaedra moved into the new house (her current one) long before they hit the rocks and he went to prison. It was because of space. They weren't colluding against Phae or abetting a criminal this started long before all that shit went south. 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

If a known felon, even a friend, contacts you and asks you to keep his valuable stuff at your house.... you just say no. Period. Kandi isn't the brightest bulb when it comes to helping friends, nor is Todd. And of course they allowed cameras to film all of that. Lesson learned, the hard way.

Exactly!

• Love 1

There is a point here. When Apollo bought Phaedra a car in season 5 or 6(?) she returned it due to "taste" and bought her own. This shows she knew what the HAIL was going on with him well before the investigation.  Cuz what wife returns a car a husband buys as a gift? And encouraged her husband to store the other vehicles he bought at her "friends" ? Ha I see you hunny. 

• Love 13

Ugh, I'm so angry for Riley. That scene brought back painful memories of when my dad tried to have a similar conversation with me. My parents divorced when I was 3 and he basically disappeared after. It was just...too late. I was too angry and it was too painful and awkward. I'm trying to imagine doing that whole thing in front of tv cameras and I want to cry thinking about it. 

Porsha and Lauren made me tear up. That was touching and I'm glad they have each other.

Sheree's house is GORGEOUS. As it should be since it's 5 years in the making, but still. No comment on the appliances or all the space she's not gonna use or the cost of heating and cooling it or how she's gonna pay the mortgage. 

Sheree's mom is adorable.

Cynthia's styling is just horrid these days. She needs to run back to NY where she was fly.

Marlo looked like a witch. 

Could have done without seeing Kim and her hee haw husband. Loved Kandi reaching out to the woman who stole her coins and then had her crying LOL.

Kenya is bitter and miserable af and her comebacks to Kim were so weak. Not a duck like your lips? Girl shut up. I'm wondering why they edited out Matt. Is it because she said they broke up? 

Edited by ridethemaverick
  • Love 4
On 4/10/2017 at 9:45 PM, Gillian Rosh said:

Why, why WHY is Peter still on this show? He called Phaedra a con artist in the last episode. Kinda rich coming from him.

I thought this was a good finale, though certainly not reflective of the season overall, which is just meh.

Kim sure made herself at home at Chateau Sheree.

The preview for the reunion had me stressed out.

I know that I am already sick of Cynthia and her guilt trip with divorcing Peter. Stop trying to make Peter be your friend, you are divorced now keep it moving. Apparently Peter has..

• Love 6
9 hours ago, RealReality said:

I don't know what he brought there, but it sounds like a motorbike and maybe some other outdoor toys.  From what I've seen of Phaedra's backyard its a typical McMansion.....giant house relatively tiny backyard.  And I believe its all completely landscaped.  The garage also appears to be pretty full (from when Apollo was chasing Phaedra around in it).  Kandi on the other hand, has a giant property and probably a huge backyard.  I think she lives in a less densely populated area.  I don't even know if anyone lives in the servants quarters.  So, she does have plenty of room.

Someone else had addressed this (Ms. Funky Dineva Ross I believe) but its possible that Todd knew or knows more about Apollo's situation than Kandi does.  So Apollo may have told Todd that a divorce was pending and he wanted to hide his stuff from Phaedra.  Or he may have just told them both that he didn't have room.

My guess is that Kandi didn't ask a lot of questions her mind was on other more important things such as preparing to have her baby. 

Edited by byrd
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

(Emphasis mine.)  Which makes me more convinced they had no idea what was really up.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

I remember a white high-end car also. Doesn't matter if it's a domino, if it's something that belonged to Apollo, and he owed restitution to the people he conned.... it's material that the feds had a right to seize. Aiding and abetting a felon is a serious crime, they are lucky they played dumb and got off the hook. 

I certainly agree about aiding and abetting, etc. My point, however was, at the time this was filmed, I don't think Todd and Kandi were aware of what was going on. I had no knowledge of any of this before it aired, and maybe this was partly why, as it was unfolding, I felt Todd and Kandi didn't have any advance knowledge, either. Sure, he was a prior felon, and perhaps they should have been more suspicious, but it seemed he had cleaned up his act, and he did indicate Phaedra was on his case to remove the items. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, byrd said:

I know that I am already sick of Cynthia and her guilt trip with divorcing Peter. Stop trying to make Peter be your friend, you are divorced now keep it moving. Apparently Peter has..

Thank you for so concisely summarizing my thoughts on Cynthia! It's been bugging me every time I see her, especially when she's with Peter.

• Love 3

I think Phaedra did too which was why she returned that car. I mean seriously he was buying vehicles, spending thousands a week at the strip club, but was a repo man -oops I mean asset recovery specialist. I think she knew what assets he was recovering lol. So ditched the car he got for her and told him put the other vehicles at his friends (who were Todd and Peter). Then later she got butt hurt they had the cars. She does this she's acts one way but later when she wants sympathy plays dumb and acts offended. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

I think Phaedra did too which was why she returned that car. I mean seriously he was buying vehicles, spending thousands a week at the strip club, but was a repo man -oops I mean asset recovery specialist. I think she knew what assets he was recovering lol. So ditched the car he got for her and told him put the other vehicles at his friends (who were Todd and Peter). Then later she got butt hurt they had the cars. She does this she's acts one way but later when she wants sympathy plays dumb and acts offended. 

Yes to the first part and no to the second.  I also believe Phaedra suspected Apollo was back to his criminal ways and that is why she refused his gift of the car.  That and the fact that he was abusive and was cheating on her.  I don't believe she really knew about his stash at Kandi's house nor that she made any suggestion for him go that route as they were barely speaking to each other at that time.

• Love 2

Cynthia will wear a scarlet "P" from now until doomsday.

I like Cynthia, and really wish she would dump that loser once and for all.

And you just gave them their next spin-off. Cheers.

Oh c'mon. We all know Kim would never get this...thing called a "job". Like Sheree, she is allergic to actual work.

• Love 4
On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:47 PM, smores said:

Kandi needs to get out of the way with the Block/Riley relationship.  I know she had a pretty similar situation with her father as a kid and I think that clouds things for her when it comes to Riley.  In her wedding specials, she and her father made up and now all is well between them, but that is her choice, Riley gets to decide if she wants to be involved with Block or not.  I totally get not standing in the way and telling Block he has to pay up before he can see her, like MJ insists on, but you also shouldn't force the contact if Riley isn't ready for it either.  

I think event planners tend to be paid one of a few ways, either with a flat fee, as in they do the event (the specifics of which would be laid out in the contract) for $x, or they charge a % of the cost of the event.  Either way, they are a contractor and not an employee, so what they make is what they make regardless of the time spent on the project.  You can't go back later and complain that you weren't paid minimum wage if you chose the wrong way of compensating yourself, or your fee/% doesn't cover your expenses.  You just live and learn and you take the high profile event and leverage it to get other ones.

Now, you can sometimes challenge the employee/contractor standing with the IRS, but I don't think he has a case for that when it comes to the events.  If he was considered a 1099 contractor for all of his work with Kandi, then maybe he could argue that, if it was a flat fee for stuff weekly and the contractor rules weren't followed.  But, I don't see how the argument could be made for an event planner.

Actually I believe Kandi totally left that decision up to Riley. She's not forcing Riley to communicate  with Block. I heard Kandi say many times, it has to be Riley's choice. Riley asked her mother to be present at the meeting with Block for support. Riley is shy, but when she opens her mouth to speak , she's very intelligent. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, AndySmith said:

I like Cynthia, and really wish she would dump that loser once and for all.

Oh c'mon. We all know Kim would never get this...thing called a "job". Like Sheree, she is allergic to actual work.

If you don't think it's actual work to be a stay at home mom, you don't know what it is to be a stay at home mom. It's a ton of work.

• Love 4

If you don't think it's actual work to be a stay at home mom, you don't know what it is to be a stay at home mom. It's a ton of work.

Oh FFS that wasn't what I was alluding to at all.

In Kim's case, I'm sure having someone like Sweetie to order around and do the heavy lifting probably made life much easier.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 9