Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E20: The Finale - "Chateau She Did That"

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Not strange at all. Most homes built today have the master on the main floor, hoping the owners stay in it a long time. Old agers don't like stairs, ask my Dad who's selling his three-story house.

Have you seen Tracy? She makes them junk food for meals.

I can remember Kim saying she only likes Chicken al Fredo-Tracy posted the recipe and it called for a quart of cream.  I guess she mixes up the menu with Kraft Mac n Cheese and chicken nuggets.

• Love 2
On 4/14/2017 at 9:48 AM, ZaldamoWilder said:

Call me a punk, but the message she sent Phaedra - I still care enough about your feelings to have not let that happen - echoes what one of you said upthread about it being tear-worthy that this conversation didn't end in a hug.  

This pretty much brought me back around to trying to see things from her perspective. I really liked the way she approached Kim. 

My brussel sprouts are burning but I wanted to swing by and wish you all a happy holiday

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 7
34 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Who believes that Phaedra had done just a lift, hah, a lift and an implant is more like it.  I am not surprised Kandi had hers done, breastfeeding will deflate the girls for sure.

Phaedra never had anything to lift. 

• Love 6

That analysis of what was "completed" is spot on. There was one floor completed, that master bedroom was a fake. While I get the idea of convenient first floor master suites, there is no way the queen's bedroom (in a 10,000 sq ft house, no less) is directly off the great room/kitchen with barely enough space between the footboard and wall for two people to pass through. Sheree is a big old liar and that house will be up for sale/foreclosure/auction before we know it. The basement wasn't just unfinished, there was not even drywall. There were piles of building material in it. Rich how Sheree had so much to say (from the moment she stepped on the red carpet/driveway) about dust and missing trim (that doesn't even fit Kenya's home's style) but got so offended about anything said about her monstrosity.

• Love 10
On 4/15/2017 at 3:08 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I think what's going on is that Sheree only "completed" one floor (and not even that much given the lack of appliances in the kitchen). The basement wasn't done, it also seemed people weren't allowed to go upstairs and you'll notice that the footage of her getting ready was pretty tight - we didn't get much of a glimpse of the rooms around her. And isn't it strange that her "master bedroom" is on the first floor? IMO, Sheree was fronting BIG TIME, I think maybe about three rooms were "finished," and word on the street was that Bravo had to pay for the furniture we did see...

Okay wow. I don't find it unusual that her master is on the first floor.My master is also on the first floor and that is quite common. I hate to see or hear of Shares stressing over this house.  I WOULD HAVE CARED LESS ABOUT A DARN HOUSEWARMING. Let the haters say what they want they aren't giving her a dime. 

• Love 1
On 4/15/2017 at 1:13 PM, RealReality said:

Re wigs: wigs are often worn as a protective style or measure.  When you have one on you don't have to fiddle with and stress out your own hair.  This can allow it to grow healthier if done right.  It also allows more volume, thickness and density than people naturally have.  

So, much as I hate Kim she may have a point....about her hair under the wig.

With a large number of women wearing protective styling 24/7 and/or willing to wear protective styles that snatch them balded headed, that leads me to ask, "protect what?"

9 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

With a large number of women wearing protective styling 24/7 and/or willing to wear protective styles that snatch them balded headed, that leads me to ask, "protect what?"

Definitely not their brains! ;-)

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Iguessnot said:

There is a right way and a wrong way to do protective styling IMO.  Weaves are so expensive that people leave them in wayyy too long or get the hair braided wayyy too tight.  When you get a weave you have to resolve yourself to the fact that you can't leave it in like 6 months (Which some girls do) and you have to give that a break.  It's almost like you need protective styles from protective styles. 

Wigs are great, too, but people won't care for their hair underneath.  I'm guilty of that sometimes, because my hair takes a long time.  

• Love 1

I have scanned thru the previous 7 pages of this final episode as best I could.

I am seeking an answer on Sheree's house.

Please, someone, anyone.......just how in the world has Sheree paid for that house and decor ? Even if bills, contractors are still unpaid. There needs to be a certain amount of cash flow for her to do what she has done. No job. A couple of inconsistent years as a 3rd rate Bravo employee (not NeNe, not Vanderpump).  She never parlayed any Bravo fame into a decent 2nd, 3rd business (Kandi, Bethenny ,even Theresa). Two kids under 18 most of the time. Ex Bob has no income post mediocre football career. HOW HAS SHE PAID FOR ANY OF IT ????? I don't get it.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bossa Nova said:

Please, someone, anyone.......just how in the world has Sheree paid for that house and decor ? Even if bills, contractors are still unpaid. There needs to be a certain amount of cash flow for her to do what she has done. No job. A couple of inconsistent years as a 3rd rate Bravo employee (not NeNe, not Vanderpump).  She never parlayed any Bravo fame into a decent 2nd, 3rd business (Kandi, Bethenny ,even Theresa). Two kids under 18 most of the time. Ex Bob has no income post mediocre football career. HOW HAS SHE PAID FOR ANY OF IT ????? I don't get it.  

I am guessing there's a lot of credit fraud involved. I have an aunt who has the fiscal responsibility of a five year old yet keeps getting credits cards and loans.

1 hour ago, cooksdelight said:

The house is in her mother's name, so it's likely she got the loan. Not Sheree. 

Possibly done by Sheree.

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 1:13 PM, RealReality said:

Re wigs: wigs are often worn as a protective style or measure.  When you have one on you don't have to fiddle with and stress out your own hair.  This can allow it to grow healthier if done right.  It also allows more volume, thickness and density than people naturally have.  

So, much as I hate Kim she may have a point....about her hair under the wig.

Most White women w/ straight hair don't use or need or want protective styles for their hair to be healthy or to grow, etc. Her daughters both have thick normal hair so I wouldn't assume that Kim's hair is unusually thin or brittle. I can definitely see White women using clip ins and so forth for extra volume and versatility, but not full wigs. And certainly not while camping, while on the beach or while in labor, delivering a baby. I don't think any of these women have to fiddle with their own hair while filming, if they don't want to.

• Love 1

In one of the Tardy episodes leading up to her wedding Kim revealed her hair.    Honestly, because of the fact that she's always in these flammable barbie doll baby looking imitations - and for as cheap as those things look Derek has said they're quite expensive lol - I thought she was gonna take that thing off to reveal a hot patchy mess (especially since I didn't recall seeing a wig cap) but didn't I get the banana pudding surprised outta me to find out the girl has beautiful hair.  From the brief shots of it in that episode, it was the same blonde within an inch of its life color, but just past her ears, nearly shoulder length, in a cut that if she left alone, would be incredibly flattering and take at least 10 years off of her.   It made me think that maybe she thinks she looks better in these Fredericks of Hollywood disguises.   If I were gonna go deeper I'd say that she attaches her worth as a woman to how attractive men find her.  But the dudes attracted to and by that look is a quantity vs quality thing.  I wish her camp could talk her into losing the wigs, there's nothing she does to them everyday that would take up more time to do to her own hair.  It ain't like she sweats it out at the gym everyday lol. 

As for protective styles in general, for some of us, they're not the thing causing baldness, they're what helps hide it.   I have stress alopecia, from time to time, that means the best I can do is look like a reverse lion lol.  Trust me, your hair options are super limited when your edges ain't loyal. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

As for protective styles in general, for some of us, they're not the thing causing baldness, they're what helps hide it.   I have stress alopecia, from time to time, that means the best I can do is look like a reverse lion lol.  Trust me, your hair options are super limited when your edges ain't loyal. 

Girl, you are not lying.  I used to do weaves back to back because I didn't know any better and now I have a thinning spot of hair.  There is no Jamaican castor oil in the world that helps.  :(  Even if you don't have an issue with baldness, wigs and weaves allow for versatility and to not have to fiddle with, or deal with your own hair.  You can experiment with styles and colors you normally wouldn't, which is nice.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Girl, you are not lying.  I used to do weaves back to back because I didn't know any better and now I have a thinning spot of hair.  There is no Jamaican castor oil in the world that helps.  :(  Even if you don't have an issue with baldness, wigs and weaves allow for versatility and to not have to fiddle with, or deal with your own hair.  You can experiment with styles and colors you normally wouldn't, which is nice.

After my mom turned 60 or so, she just went to the "pull back" and added ribbon'd combs to give it some texture & depth; usually BLACK! Her hair was terribly thin from perms, blow-dry, curling, and horror of horrors in the early 1970's, those steam curlers every morning! She got away without wearing a wig until her 70's! ;-)

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I miss her old face.  She was never a beauty, but she could look attractive.  What she's done to herself is sad.

I agree.  She was cute when RHoA first started, just with crappy wigs.

• Love 4
On 4/17/2017 at 1:39 AM, sunsheyen said:

That analysis of what was "completed" is spot on. There was one floor completed, that master bedroom was a fake. While I get the idea of convenient first floor master suites, there is no way the queen's bedroom (in a 10,000 sq ft house, no less) is directly off the great room/kitchen with barely enough space between the footboard and wall for two people to pass through. Sheree is a big old liar and that house will be up for sale/foreclosure/auction before we know it. The basement wasn't just unfinished, there was not even drywall. There were piles of building material in it. Rich how Sheree had so much to say (from the moment she stepped on the red carpet/driveway) about dust and missing trim (that doesn't even fit Kenya's home's style) but got so offended about anything said about her monstrosity.

This exactly. A house that size would have a very large master, with a sitting area, big closet with dressing area, and a large bathroom with a make up area. What they showed looked like a spare room.

• Love 3