Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

I really think Luann fell in love with Tom.

I think she was in love with the idea of Tom more than Tom himself, which is why she was so desperate to marry him. Financially independent guy with a penthouse on the UES and a home in West Palm Springs? Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

• Love 12
3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I think the story was that Tom and Missy were on a date when Luann walked in (Tom/Luann were not dating at that point) and Tom left with Luann, leaving Missy sitting at the table alone. So, this has to be about a different date/time with Tom/Missy, or as you suggest, at Ramona's party, which would mean that this was not some heart wrenching moment they were talking about. LOL 

I don't think Missy was the woman from the Regency.  She made a comment about how she thought she and Tom were exclusive until Tom walked into the Regency with Luann.  I believe the woman involved the night  Tom and Luann first joked up wisely has some dignity and has not shown her face. 

3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Can we try to figure out what Tom and Missy are saying at Tinsley's party?

T: I get a little choked up--

M: I get a little choked up, too.

T: The last time I saw you, you were walking away--

(someone else? asks): Yeah, what was that about?

T: Let me take this mike off.

M: Yeah, de-mike. 

At first, I thought they were talking about the night Missy walked into The Regency, and Tom was on a date with Lu. Lu probably gleefully made it clear to Missy how serious Tom and Lu were with each other (I can't remember if they were already engaged at this point). Missy probably looked at Tom, incredulous. Tom didn't have the courage to explain anything to Missy.  Missy walked away, angry and hurt.

But then I remembered that, more recently, Tom saw Missy at Ramona's renovation party. 

Missy started the conversation saying something about Tom looking sick.

Maybe they were referring to Missy walking out of Ramona's party after Harry started asking her about she and Tom in the bathroom-which could have been anytime and most likely before Luann.  Missy hasn't laid claim to Tom since Luann and Tom got engaged.

• Love 6

I have so enjoyed the show this year; I wonder how the ratings stack up compared to the other Housewife shows.

This cast has chemistry..maybe because by this time they are all familiar; except for Tinsley and she seems to have fit in pretty well.  The thing is, I love the barbs, cattiness, pettiness and humor.  I hate the manufactured fights and drama.  Why does someone always always always have to be mad, crying, yelling.  A little is ok...more than that is off-putting.  Can't we just enjoy them sitting down to eat, pettiness thrown around, without the screaming and crying?  Is it just me?  In my opinion, this cast knows one another well enough to be able to pull off some sarcasm, jealousy and cattiness without it morphing into tears and screams.  The exception being Dorinda's "clip clip clip" from the restaurant scene.  And the laughing hysteria from Bethany and others while it was going on. Loved it.  With the exception of maybe Sonja and Tinsley, these are pretty smart women...even though they don't usually act that way (looking at Ramona). Going to miss it after the reunion.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, BBHN said:

You might not be the only one who thought that...

One of the Vloggers I watch just started recapping RHONY this year. His take back when this first started airing in April was that Luann was marrying Tom for a plot line. One of his comments was this already has been done before and if you don't believe me, please look at exhibit A - Phaedra Parks and Apollo

• Love 5
Just now, BBHN said:

Phaedra's case was a bit different though...knocked up while singe + religious parents = shit we need to get married and fudge the delivery date...

I think exhibit B was Cynthia & Peter - hah!

• Love 4

Meghan is Carole's BFF.  The time to pull the plug would have been shortly after filming began for this season.  I do think that Bethenny and Carole felt that way and tried their best to bust it up-even going do far as to give her permission to call the wedding off.

Meghan also said she misspoke blaming Shannon's weight gain on her marriage.  Meghan says a lot and is pretty much an idiot-she looked and acted really dopey last night.

Carole also claimed they would all be forced to attend Luann's wedding as part of a storyline.

Luann has always had just as much a storyline as any other RH. Why would she spend a small fortune on a wedding just to have it end in a divorce a short time later.  Had Luann bolted from the wedding at the last minute that would have been a storyline.  Having Tom file a divorce after the Reunion filmed is not much of a storyline.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Meghan is Carole's BFF

Since when? I have never heard this before. Not that it would make a difference. I am not friends with any of them and I thought it was made up for a storyline. 

Meghan also said she misspoke blaming Shannon's weight gain on her marriage.  Meghan says a lot and is pretty much an idiot-she looked and acted really dopey last night.

Yes, but Shannon blamed Vicki for her weight gain. Most people, if having to make a choice, would say that it is much more likely that Shannon's marital issues contributed to her current weight struggles, vs. Vicki. Does that mean that Shannon can never be believed? 

Why would she spend a small fortune on a wedding just to have it end in a divorce a short time later. 

To keep her apple this year? Because she thought she would get a wedding spin-off? Because she knew the divorce would help her keep her apple for another year? 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Why would she spend a small fortune on a wedding just to have it end in a divorce a short time later.  

But but but-- Lu never said, whispered,  indicated, breathed or insert-term-of-choice that her marriage to love-of-her-life Tom would end in a divorce a short time later. So why would Lu not spend a small fortune on a wedding if doing so tickled her happy place?

5 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

To keep her apple this year? Because she thought she would get a wedding spin-off? Because she knew the divorce would help her keep her apple for another year? 

Edited by steelcitysister
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Did she?  Her money alone?  No "stipends" from PEOPLE Magazine or some other publication/entertainment entity?

• Love 5
4 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Since when? I have never heard this before. Not that it would make a difference. I am not friends with any of them and I thought it was made up for a storyline. 

Yes, but Shannon blamed Vicki for her weight gain. Most people, if having to make a choice, would say that it is much more likely that Shannon's marital issues contributed to her current weight struggles, vs. Vicki. Does that mean that Shannon can never be believed? 

Maybe it wasn't mentioned enough. Meghan's brother RJ is the co-owner of Carole's dog Baby.  When asked about other RH they are friends with or who they liked, I believe at the Reunion, Meghan answered Carole.  Meghan also has photos of she and Carole together when she visits NYC.  Carole and Meghan are friends and I do believe that Meghan would adopt Carole's opinion of other RHONYC. 

Just spewing shit out of your mouth and condemning someone's marriage is not good.  Shannon quite simply consumed more calories than she burned. I think she is like any number of people that she is doing a lot of going out and things like tailgating, with empty alcohol calories and lots of food at the ready.  Before the show she seemed to have kind of a lackluster social life.  It doesn't have to be someone's fault it is clearly a lack of discipline in Shannon's life..  A good friend, as Meghan claims she is to Shannon, doesn't throw out that her marriage is in trouble, especially when she hasn't seen her in four months.  That is what Meghan apologized for last night.  Shannon has been clear and said it now at least four times, she is not blaming Vicki for her weight gain.  I would not make that choice. Anymore that when a person goes through a divorce they automatically lose weight  I have no idea of what other factors there are in Shannon's life or her health history.   From what she has presented on social media she seems to have a lot of food and drink based activities.  Last season when  Kelly made some crack about Shannon's weight, Shannon responded it is happy fat because as a family they were going out to eat-a lot.  I don't get about never believing Shannon. 

In my opinion Luann has an apple for as long as she wants as she has a fan following, and manages to let stuff like the Bethenny attack roll of her back and come up smiling.  I don't think Luann ever wanted a wedding spin-off.  If she really wanted one or a storyline she would have invited the other ladies forcing Bravo's hand to film.  Carole predicted that is what would happen. It didn't. I just don't think anyone would put their family or friends through a huge wedding and divorce to stay relevant.  If Luann and Tom wanted more exposure or air time I would think they would go the Marriage Bootcamp route. 

I posted a story from the producers where they commented that getting rid of so many RH, as they did on NY a few seasons back was a huge mistake.  I believe as long as the ratings are decent, Bravo wants to keep the current players in place.  They are proven.  I think it has more to do with the other women making the storyline cracks.  Rumor has it this will be an issue at the Reunion between Dorinda and Bethenny. 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Maybe it wasn't mentioned enough. Meghan's brother RJ is the co-owner of Carole's dog Baby.  When asked about other RH they are friends with or who they liked, I believe at the Reunion, Meghan answered Carole.  Meghan also has photos of she and Carole together when she visits NYC.  Carole and Meghan are friends and I do believe that Meghan would adopt Carole's opinion of other RHONYC. 

Just spewing shit out of your mouth and condemning someone's marriage is not good.  Shannon quite simply consumed more calories than she burned. I think she is like any number of people that she is doing a lot of going out and things like tailgating, with empty alcohol calories and lots of food at the ready.  Before the show she seemed to have kind of a lackluster social life.  It doesn't have to be someone's fault it is clearly a lack of discipline in Shannon's life..  A good friend, as Meghan claims she is to Shannon, doesn't throw out that her marriage is in trouble, especially when she hasn't seen her in four months.  That is what Meghan apologized for last night.  Shannon has been clear and said it now at least four times, she is not blaming Vicki for her weight gain.  I would not make that choice. Anymore that when a person goes through a divorce they automatically lose weight  I have no idea of what other factors there are in Shannon's life or her health history.   From what she has presented on social media she seems to have a lot of food and drink based activities.  Last season when  Kelly made some crack about Shannon's weight, Shannon responded it is happy fat because as a family they were going out to eat-a lot.  I don't get about never believing Shannon. 

In my opinion Luann has an apple for as long as she wants as she has a fan following, and manages to let stuff like the Bethenny attack roll of her back and come up smiling.  I don't think Luann ever wanted a wedding spin-off.  If she really wanted one or a storyline she would have invited the other ladies forcing Bravo's hand to film.  Carole predicted that is what would happen. It didn't. I just don't think anyone would put their family or friends through a huge wedding and divorce to stay relevant.  If Luann and Tom wanted more exposure or air time I would think they would go the Marriage Bootcamp route. 

I posted a story from the producers where they commented that getting rid of so many RH, as they did on NY a few seasons back was a huge mistake.  I believe as long as the ratings are decent, Bravo wants to keep the current players in place.  They are proven.  I think it has more to do with the other women making the storyline cracks.  Rumor has it this will be an issue at the Reunion between Dorinda and Bethenny. 

This.  I think that Lu thought she and Tom had a future together.  The reason for the divorce?  I don't know.  I do have a feeling that Lu isn't going to bad mouth Tom next season.  I do think that Beth, Carole, So and Ro are going to 'slide' in some shade, despite Beth not having anything to say about the marriage on WWHL. 

• Love 9
52 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

In my opinion Luann has an apple for as long as she wants as she has a fan following, and manages to let stuff like the Bethenny attack roll of her back and come up smiling. 

This is what I love about Lu. She just rolls with it and doesn't let the crap get to her. She just moves through it and moves on. 

Good for her.

• Love 11

Carole and Meghan are friends and I do believe that Meghan would adopt Carole's opinion of other RHONYC. 

Or maybe Meghan can arrive at her own conclusions, even if we don't always disagree with them.

I don't think Luann ever wanted a wedding spin-off.

I think she did and it just didn't work out for her.

If she really wanted one or a storyline she would have invited the other ladies forcing Bravo's hand to film.

Naaah, she doesn't need that for a storyline. She could have just done what she and Tom ended up doing. Now she has a storyline set for next year, securing her apple.

If Luann and Tom wanted more exposure or air time I would think they would go the Marriage Bootcamp route. 

Given the haughty persona Luann like to project, that might be too gauche, even for her.

I posted a story from the producers where they commented that getting rid of so many RH, as they did on NY a few seasons back was a huge mistake

Overhauling any HWs show that much has the potential to backfire.

• Love 4

I actually think think a rehaul of the RHOC would be a good idea at this point.  They are some of the most miserable, un-interesting women on tv that I can think of right now.  Say what you will, the New York group is hardly ever boring or vile.  Well, maybe vile sometimes.  But not all the time.

• Love 9

A little off topic, but Jeff Lewis was just saying the same thing. He says the OC needs a mostly new cast because they all hate each other. I think the show definitely does best when they are real (or close to) real friends. When they can't stand each other and only interact because of the show, it's not fun to watch. NY has some pretty good friendships and we get better interactions because of it. I can't stand Ramona, but her best scenes are usually with Sonja because they genuinely enjoy each other. Dorinda seems to be friends with all of them and she has lots of fun moments. BH has suffered, I feel, because most of the cast dislike each other. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

This is what I love about Lu. She just rolls with it and doesn't let the crap get to her. She just moves through it and moves on. 

Good for her.

She does move on, but I do think stuff bothers her. Or concerns her. According to Heather she was very upset the season she was demoted to "friend of". The others rallied around to make sure and include her in everything so she didn't miss out on filming opportunities. Because of this, she is very well aware - in a way the others are not - in the fact that her apple can be taken away from her. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

I heard they may need to refilm the reunion or parts of it because of Lu's divorce. Can't have her declaring her undying love for Tom on the reunion when they are actually getting divorced. 

Well Luann is in Switzerland so maybe the best the can do is edit around the scenes.  It maybe just me but I do believe Bravo loves an unahppy ending a long with an unhappy beginning, and middle.

• Love 4

Well Luann is in Switzerland so maybe the best the can do is edit around the scenes.  It maybe just me but I do believe Bravo loves an unahppy ending a long with an unhappy beginning, and middle.

Meh, they have planes to NYC every day. Maybe she said no and they are now re-editing so she looks like a complete loser in the first reunion episode next week. She'll be back in a New York minute. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Meh, they have planes to NYC every day. Maybe she said no and they are now re-editing so she looks like a complete loser in the first reunion episode next week. She'll be back in a New York minute. 

Absolutely they are re-editing. I can also see them adding a separate interview with her. A one-off, after the fact kind of deal. An update they can include so it all looks more timely. I don't really see them gathering all the gals together again, having them get all dressed, sit in the same venue, just so that they can get the real story out of Lu. No need for the others to be there for any of that. 

• Love 4

No need for the others to be there for any of that. 

Okay then Andy can do the I Told You So dance. But it won't be the same as watching Bethenny's labored poker face, Ramona's unbridled glee and Sonja's knowing smirk. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Okay then Andy can do the I Told You So dance. But it won't be the same as watching Bethenny's labored poker face, Ramona's unbridled glee and Sonja's knowing smirk. 

I am hoping we get small glimpses of that even with no re-shoot. They had all heard enough before the final nail in the coffin came down last week to know this was not going to end well. People in small villages with no internet knew this was not going to end well. Most everyone knew this was not going to end well. Small glimpses of triumph from the rest, but nothing really over-the-top. They cannot come across as gloating too much, even though they will want to jump up on the couch and scream that they were right at the top of their lungs. And that Lu was wrong. So very, very wrong. 

• Love 9

They cannot come across as gloating too much, even though they will want to jump up on the couch and scream that they were right at the top of their lungs. And that Lu was wrong. So very, very wrong. 

Not to worry. We'll hear that and more in a nice restaurant with shocked onlookers next season. I expect it to be sprinkled with word like whore and slut. 

• Love 4

Ick .... Sonja looks horrible, Ramona looks about 6 months along ....

Like B's and Carole's. 

Dorinda looks sharp ....

That is one of Lu's wedding dresses!  Whatever happened between Lu and Tom must have happened real quick.  Otherwise I'm sure she wouldn't have worn it.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Gee Zuss. Lu wore one of her wedding dresses?!?

Tinsley makes the Disney princesses look sophisticated.

Yep, that was one of her three wedding dresses. Girl should have wanted to re-shoot the reunion based on this alone. How embarrassing. 

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Gee Zuss. Lu wore one of her wedding dresses?!?

Tinsley makes the Disney princesses look sophisticated.

Tins needs to grow the HELL up! Next thing she'll have is a riff on a pinafore! - I stand corrected; looking again it looks like a pinafore! Gawd she's more ridiculous than the old drunks trying to "hold on!" I should talk; created my own "distressed cutoffs" last week and ripped some Tee and added safety pins to hold it together! It's a little young for me, but celebrating a new body at 60 after giving up Gluten! ;-)

11 minutes ago, Ellee said:

Ick .... Sonja looks horrible, Ramona looks about 6 months along ....

Like B's and Carole's. 

Dorinda looks sharp ....

That is one of Lu's wedding dresses!  Whatever happened between Lu and Tom must have happened real quick.  Otherwise I'm sure she wouldn't have worn it.

What an idiot! To this day, I still wonder about the sanity of people who blow from $50,000 to $2 M for a wedding they know will eventually wind up just being a big party! Lu didn't make it to a year; and blew how much? STUPID! ;-(

Edited by Avon.Blakes7
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Avon.Blakes7 said:

Tins needs to grow the HELL up! Next thing she'll have is a riff on a pinafore! - I stand corrected; looking again it looks like a pinafore! Gawd she's more ridiculous than the old drunks trying to "hold on!"

She changed into a pinafore in Mexico after they came back from the tequila tour.

2 hours ago, Ki-in said:

Reunion looks!

What happened to Ramona's famous ballet posture? She looks squatty and pregnant.

Unlike nearly every bridesmaid dress I've ever worn, Lu managed to get a second wearing out of her wedding dress. She looks good, but wearing that dress again and crowing about her happy marriage as said marriage is imploding is damn embarrassing.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Ellee said:

That is one of Lu's wedding dresses

I guess she had to get in a few more guffaws and gloats before her wedded bliss went kaput.

Ramona is pregnant with Tom's baby !!!

• Love 6

Who gives these women fashion advice?  Tacky tacky and tacky.  Except for Dorinda...her dress actually looks age appropriate and there is nothing hanging out or poking out.  Tinsley just screams Fashion Victim...plus the awful hair.  Most of them...too much hair, too much make-up, legs sticking out, too much cleavage, ugly dresses, etc.   So many dresses look like they are from The Golden Girls, year 1980-something.  And the hair/makeup/dresses ages most of them.  "The Natural Look" would certainly help a few of these ladies; although that look probably went "out" awhile back.  Why is it that every reunion..the clothes are mostly horrible and the make-up looks like it was put on with a trowel.  These women are very attractive and have great fashion sense (most of them)..so why do they look like Hookers every single reunion?

• Love 11

Kemper, I so agree with everything you said. These women may be on TV and need more dramatic makeup but holy, moly. They all look like hookers on all of the reunions. They also need to remember that they'll be sitting down. Clothes fit differently when you're sitting than when you're standing. I remember, in particular, one blue dress that Ramona wore that looked like plastic on the top and was so tight that she had to lean back throughout the entire show. She looked like she could hardly breathe. They all say that the filming takes about 12 hours to complete. Why would you want to wear a tight, short or uncomfortable dress for 12 hours? 

• Love 4

I always joke that I want to go out one night with as much makeup as a Real Housewife just to see what it's like but I'm not sure my eyes can handle that much mascara and/or fake lashes. Haha. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Ki-in said:

Reunion looks!

Tins: I feel like that is Monique Lhuillier. She had a similar dress (sleeveless though) in her line about 1 year ago.  I think it is still at Neiman's. 

Carole and Bethenny: They are easily the best dressed. Love love love. 

Ramona: Yeah, I had a similar evening gown when I had to go to a gala at 7 months pregnant. 

Dorinda: Hmm...  I'm not sure about it from what I'm seeing. It doesn't seem like it "fits" with the others (same complain with Tinsley's too). 

Lu: Oh hell.  This has the potential to turn out to be REALLY embarrassing for her. I'm really hoping she doesn't make comments about how the marriage is so great and look, wedding dress!  I'd love for it to turn into a Hunger Games moment where she spins and the dress sets on fire and the ashes reveal a rocking LBD underneath. 

Sonja: God, Sonja. Those dresses are made for women in their 20's. I'm 36 and I wouldn't wear anything like that. 

• Love 5

I will say, I do like the color of Tinsley's dress on her. Ramona too.

Sonja: God, Sonja. Those dresses are made for women in their 20's. I'm 36 and I wouldn't wear anything like that. 

I don't mind the dress per se, it's a nice color, and she looks good while standing. I'm just curious to see how it will work once she sits down.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, BBHN said:

I will say, I do like the color of Tinsley's dress on her. Ramona too.

I don't mind the dress per se, it's a nice color, and she looks good while standing. I'm just curious to see how it will work once she sits down.

I'm hoping she taped the hell out of it or has impeccable posture.  That's the main problem with those dresses.  If you sit down and have the slightest slouch or lean or tilt, it will fall open and all your bits will be out there for people to see. 

• Love 4