Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, LivinLovinLife said:

I don't understand the animosity toward the Powell's. They're not posting these videos on their SM. They're making a living, I don't begrudge them that and if Whitney helps them, she's done something worthwhile.

Just my opinion.

I've stayed out of the discussion on the Powells for the most part because I don't know anything about exercise. Criticism and animosity are two different things. We have some people in this discussion who have, or have had in the past, personal training certifications and experience. They are expressing opinions about the exercises they see Whitney doing under the Powell's supervision. Sometimes this is done creatively, but I don't think it approaches animosity. This is how Whitney has gotten into "someone called me fat, and that means they told me to kill myself" territory.

The diet videos are another can of tuna. Whitney is totally off the rails with this "I only eat after 9PM" and "I need to eat more" nonsense. A 400lb person does not need to "eat more." You've got 3 or 4 other panelists talking about their weight goals in these things. They talk about building muscle mass, or cutting, or whatever they're doing. They're measuring portions, they're talking about what and when they eat, and you don't hear about them shoveling in cake or secret eating in their cars. Setting aside whether those protein bars and shakes are natural and organic, most of what they say sounds logical, and what they look like seems consistent with their narrative.

Then you get to Whitney, and we're through the looking-glass. She doesn't get into specific details about what she eats like the other panelists. She's just all over the place, but frankly, her body seems consistent with that narrative. What she tells us, combined with what we know about healthy eating, and what we see her eat, is going to result in the body she has. The irritating thing is that Will doesn't call her out on this. She doesn't belong on a healthy eating panel and everyone knows it. The only reason to appear on anything with her is to make yourself look good. That's hard to mess up, but Will has managed to do it.

Whitney is a highly visible person associated with him who has not made any progress toward fitness or losing weight. She appears to be doing exercises in Will's gym that may not be beneficial, and may be harmful if what she has said about her physical problems is true. She says that she is not interested in losing weight and often helps promote things for fat acceptance. She seems to be disinterested in a personal chef and nutrition to the point of opposition, and whenever things get rough lately, she defaults to "but they told me to kiiiiiiiiilll myseeeeelllllffff!"

So, call me a fruitcake, but I just don't see how any of that helps the Powells, unless they just want to cater to 400lb people in denial. Maybe you can explain it to me.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Will seemed like the last line of reality and positive change for Whitney and now he and Jessica are looking awfully like just another set of enablers. I guess it's understandable that, at some point,  after struggling a long time to help and getting nowhere, they decided to settle for the money and the publicity and let Whitney be Whitney.  But I am disappointed.

@Ketzel, I wish I had the talent you do at recapping Twit's & Will's interactions. Yours was a perfect, step by step, picture of what's so wrong -- in the sense of disappointing -- with what the Powells are doing with Twit now, having started with policies & practices that reflected well on their profession. It's sad, what's happened to the Powells -- a testiment to what "fame" & greed can do to seemingly honorable people.

I wish the Powells could read your recap, along with the comments of @Cherenkov that precedes it & of @LordOfLotion which follows it. Those 3 comments might shake the Powells out of the spell Twit seems to have put them under.

• Love 8

They probably are the skinny jean/jegging thing which frankly requires thin legs to pull off. 

I hope not - I don't have skinny legs and I wear them all the time.

why not pay a seamstress to make a pair with elastic waist and boot cut that don't hug every (ahem) curve and ripple?

Generally I think boot cut pants work better on taller people. Maybe just a straight leg jean in the proper size?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Generally I think boot cut pants work better on taller people. Maybe just a straight leg jean in the proper size?

I’m not sure how possible that is. I seem to remember that Whitney has a 70 inch waist. I checked Torrid which has the largest sizes I’m familiar with and their largest jeans max out at a 64 inch waist. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Globegrl said:

I doubt she has a 70" waist - if you look at her her waist is the smallest part of her.  Hips maybe 70.

Yea that could be the measurement. If so she might be able to wear  the largest jeans. They say low hip 72-76. If she can buy regular pants with a waist and zipper then this obsession with all things spandex is even more inexcusable. It does nothing for her and it’s so inappropriate as regular clothing. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Globegrl said:

I doubt she has a 70" waist - if you look at her her waist is the smallest part of her.  Hips maybe 70.

When she was doing measurements for the fashion show thing, Todd had a standard sized tape measure to measure her hips. It did not reach all the way around.

Tape measures for fabric / tailoring are 72". Six feet. Her hips are bigger than six feet in circumference.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, cherenkov said:

When she was doing measurements for the fashion show thing, Todd had a standard sized tape measure to measure her hips. It did not reach all the way around.

Tape measures for fabric / tailoring are 72". Six feet. Her hips are bigger than six feet in circumference.

About a decade ago, there was a change in the size of tape measures. Now they regularly go to 90".

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, Dot said:

About a decade ago, there was a change in the size of tape measures. Now they regularly go to 90".

Well here’s hoping Todd was using the 72” tape measure. The sewing tape measure I have is only 60 inches. 

• Love 2

So I've been pondering boot cut jeans. I'm 5'3" so I guess it hasn't been a problem having to shorten them and losing the shape but I see how that might be an issue. However, I thought that boot cuts rather than straight leg would minimize the difference in girth between her thighs and ankles.

1 hour ago, Me from ME said:

So I've been pondering boot cut jeans. I'm 5'3" so I guess it hasn't been a problem having to shorten them and losing the shape but I see how that might be an issue. However, I thought that boot cuts rather than straight leg would minimize the difference in girth between her thighs and ankles.

If she keeps getting bigger at the rate she has been there won’t be a difference between the size of her thighs and ankles soon enough. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Dot said:

But that's seven and a half feet for fuck's sake. That should not be a dimension for a human being's girth.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, Donut Bear said:

If there was a qualified trainer around she would know you NEVER lock your knees when doing leg presses

Hey, Twit, you're crowing because you bested by 25 #s an elderly gent, who is about 40 years older than you, at a gym exercise? All that points out to me is that your physical capabilities at your age of 34 are equivalent to those of a septuagenarian. Really something to be proud about.

• Love 16
11 hours ago, Dot said:

Hey, Twit, you're crowing because you bested by 25 #s an elderly gent, who is about 40 years older than you, at a gym exercise? All that points out to me is that your physical capabilities at your age of 34 are equivalent to those of a septuagenarian. Really something to be proud about.

Also seated leg press of 300 pounds when you weigh over 400 pounds is not impressive at all. It basically means you can, with a hundred or so pounds of assistance, stand up from a squatting position.

The impressiveness of a lift is in strength-to-weight ratio.

Also if she locks her legs out doing leg press, and a supposedly "qualified trainer" isn't correcting her that trainer isn't qualified to train a potato.

• Love 15
20 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Is it just me or does it seem like the range of motion for that exercise is significantly hampered by her stomach? 

No, you're right., her belly stops her from bending her knees completely at the beginning of each press. Now for someone else of normal weight, not bending the leg completely would actually make a leg press harder, because that person would need more control and strength to push the press away from that position. Bending the leg all the way is like winding a spring; it normally allows you push the leg out with more force. But because Whitney can use her belly as a push-off support from that partially-bent position, she can generate momentum that makes the move easier.

(Personally, I avoid the leg press machine. It puts your spine is a position that I think increases risk of creating lower back problems. Squats work the same muscles more efficiently and less dangerously, but I think squats at this point would also risk blowing out Whitney's knees. Which again, is why she should be focusing on losing weight, not on faking weight training.)

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

No, you're right., her belly stops her from bending her knees completely at the beginning of each press. Now for someone else of normal weight, not bending the leg completely would actually make a leg press harder, because that person would need more control and strength to push the press away from that position. Bending the leg all the way is like winding a spring; it normally allows you push the leg out with more force. But because Whitney can use her belly as a push-off support from that partially-bent position, she can generate momentum that makes the move easier.

(Personally, I avoid the leg press machine. It puts your spine is a position that I think increases risk of creating lower back problems. Squats work the same muscles more efficiently and less dangerously, but I think squats at this point would also risk blowing out Whitney's knees. Which again, is while she should be focusing on losing weight, not on faking weight training.)

I avoid the leg press machine in favor of squats also. I find that i get a much better result out of them than I do out of a seated leg press, and if I get into trouble trying to 1RM I can just drop the bar and not hurt myself.

Today is legs and abs day for me lifting. Never skip leg day.

Whitney can't squat. She's shown a video of herself doing "box squats" on her Insta and it's literally a video of her sitting on a box and bouncing off her ass fat to stand back up. The box is only there in a box squat to give you an indicator of when to stop. You're not actually supposed to put weight on it, or use it to bounce off of.

• Love 9
Just now, cherenkov said:

I avoid the leg press machine in favor of squats also. I find that i get a much better result out of them than I do out of a seated leg press, and if I get into trouble trying to 1RM I can just drop the bar and not hurt myself.

Today is legs and abs day for me lifting. Never skip leg day.

Whitney can't squat. She's shown a video of herself doing "box squats" on her Insta and it's literally a video of her sitting on a box and bouncing off her ass fat to stand back up. The box is only there in a box squat to give you an indicator of when to stop. You're not actually supposed to put weight on it, or use it to bounce off of.

I am really surprised she can dead lift any amount because her size totally limits her range of motion. I am 8 mo pregnant and have basically no room to deadlift anymore because of my stomach and will likely have to stop soon :-( ( I never have pulled sumo and have no interest in it) And my stomach is way smaller than hers. 

8 hours ago, cherenkov said:

Also seated leg press of 300 pounds when you weigh over 400 pounds is not impressive at all. It basically means you can, with a hundred or so pounds of assistance, stand up from a squatting position.

The impressiveness of a lift is in strength-to-weight ratio.

Also if she locks her legs out doing leg press, and a supposedly "qualified trainer" isn't correcting her that trainer isn't qualified to train a potato.

I always chuckle when she posts  the videos of her dead lifting or bragging that she out lifted a senior citizen. And her commentators are always like "omg so strong!". NO. Strong would be her deadlifting 2X her own body weight ( and some people deadlift much more than that). So for her to have an impressive ( in the lifting world at least) deadlift she would likely be a record holder of some sort dead lifting 680 lbs at BW of 340. But hey at least she is doing it. Can't shit on her for that. But it isn't "impressive" from a strength standpoint. 

Most people with some training can get to 2x BW on Deadlift. I was able to DL 300 lbs at body weight of 150 with only a year of training. And I am certainly not the strongest girl in my gym. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, LordOfLotion said:

The glam squad came through, but whoever shops her jawline is slacking.

As usual, when Twit posts a selfie of herself in MBFFL makeup, the fan comments about how beautiful she is are numerous -- including many who continue to compliment her on how much wgt she must have lost.

BTW, I love the sucking-in-of-cheeks pose. Who does she think she's kidding? Oh, right. All those fans who think she's lost wgt by lifting heavier wgts than her ancient father.

• Love 12
34 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

I always chuckle when she posts  the videos of her dead lifting or bragging that she out lifted a senior citizen. And her commentators are always like "omg so strong!". NO. Strong would be her deadlifting 2X her own body weight ( and some people deadlift much more than that). So for her to have an impressive ( in the lifting world at least) deadlift she would likely be a record holder of some sort dead lifting 680 lbs at BW of 340. But hey at least she is doing it. Can't shit on her for that. But it isn't "impressive" from a strength standpoint. 

Most people with some training can get to 2x BW on Deadlift. I was able to DL 300 lbs at body weight of 150 with only a year of training. And I am certainly not the strongest girl in my gym. 

Right? This would be like me going on Insta and bragging that I can rep 70 pound pulls on deadlift. Half my body weight. I started at more than that and am working my way up. I haven't been at it that long, and currently pull my body weight for reps as a "cardio kills gains" endurance athlete whose primary focus is not lifting. Primary limiting factor in this is actually my grip strength, which I've been paying specific attention to.

Far as her "doing it", eh, she's certainly half-assing a few exercises for attention on social media.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, cherenkov said:

Far as her "doing it", eh, she's certainly half-assing a few exercises for attention on social media.

Yeah, I find it hard to believe Whitney ever goes quietly to the gym to work out by herself. No personal trainer cheering her on? No daddy along for emotional support, and to be a low bar against which she can assess her own "achievements"? No video camera rolling? Forget it.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, LordOfLotion said:

Back to work? When has she ever been at work?  Oh yes, the radio intern and the baseball clown.  

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, Donut Bear said:

Back to work? When has she ever been at work?  Oh yes, the radio intern and the baseball clown.  

Is she on another show we don't know about ? last season all I remember seeing her in is tank tops and yoga pants with very bad clip in extensions - oh and that bikini in Hawaii, yeah the episode where she cried the whole time  

• Love 6
4 hours ago, LordOfLotion said:

Yep! Totally! Her jawline looks ridiculous! When her TH’s start on MBFFL start, I’m going to put up a side by side of her picture here and what she ACTUALLY looks like on TV in her talking heads” I don’t oppose to someone using make-up, hair extensions, eyelash extensions or whatever makes you feel good because I use that stuff too but I own it!   However, when you have a No Body Shame campaign and say that you love yourself the way you are, you shouldn’t be using “fix your picture” apps to take 75lbs off of your face.  Also, does she not realize that we’ve seen her recent gym videos, only posted days ago and we know that her face doesn’t look like that at all!  If her face were actually that small in real life on her 400lb body, she would be Beetlejuice!! 

41A0F5A8-D87B-4EA6-BD4C-8D6C26617E82.jpeg

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Oh, if those boys who teased her about her "whale of a tail" in grade school could only see her now!

Hahaha!!! That was awesome Ketzel! They probably do see her now and laugh their asses off at her! The way that she embarrasses herself now on national TV is probably nothing compared to the way they “embarrassed her” (if that story is even true).

24 minutes ago, Kaia40 said:

Hahaha!!! That was awesome Ketzel! They probably do see her now and laugh their asses off at her! The way that she embarrasses herself now on national TV is probably nothing compared to the way they “embarrassed her” (if that story is even true).

Can you imagine going to her class reunion?

BTW guys a lot of people have been calling out the leg-locking and quarter-repping in her leg press video and both she and her "trainer" are way pissy about it.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Kaia40 said:

Yep! Totally! Her jawline looks ridiculous! When her TH’s start on MBFFL start, I’m going to put up a side by side of her picture here and what she ACTUALLY looks like on TV in her talking heads” I don’t oppose to someone using make-up, hair extensions, eyelash extensions or whatever makes you feel good because I use that stuff too but I own it!   However, when you have a No Body Shame campaign and say that you love yourself the way you are, you shouldn’t be using “fix your picture” apps to take 75lbs off of your face.  Also, does she not realize that we’ve seen her recent gym videos, only posted days ago and we know that her face doesn’t look like that at all!  If her face were actually that small in real life on her 400lb body, she would be Beetlejuice!! 

Wow, I didn’t even have to wait long for her to post a recent picture of her new “look” so that I can do a comparison. She definitely reads our posts, because she made sure that everyone saw her in a pic with Buddy, since we were saying he was avoiding her.  She probably just wore him down so much, that he agreed to a visit with her to get off his back and they are starting to film again so there’s that too! She’s fooling no one. Anyway, this is where I found this gem!!! I have to say, photoshop is pure magic because she has at least two chins visible in the first photo taken just days apart!  Just stop lying and campaigning that you love your body and you’re ok being fat (in her own words) but then altering a picture to look thinner and not like your current self.

183AE156-487F-4C77-834D-A958AE685107.jpeg

E600F7D1-A742-4DD9-91C9-6D89172E1B66.jpeg

Edited by Kaia40
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Kaia40 said:

That made me laugh so hard, thanks Kaia40!

• Love 2

I know absolutely nothing about gyms & their equipment & exercises, so here's a Q for the knowledgeable: are the exercises Twit is half-assedly performing also appropriate for a 72-year-old male? Especially since he only goes to the gym once/week?

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Dot said:

I know absolutely nothing about gyms & their equipment & exercises, so here's a Q for the knowledgeable: are the exercises Twit is half-assedly performing also appropriate for a 72-year-old male? Especially since he only goes to the gym once/week?

As long as the weights are loaded appropriately for his abilities and he's doing things with proper form, he's probably fine doing those lifts. I wouldn't expect at his age to gain any mass or strength with a once a week lifting program, but he could be helping to stave off muscle loss doing it. Things might be more effective if he exercised more than one day a week, but like anyone else his risks are going to depend upon form, load and prior injuries. He could get into trouble if he starts putting too much stress on his joints like by locking out legs during a leg press, trying to lift too much weight, or doing big compound lifts with already fatigued muscles.

I'd hope that these professional trainers are paying attention to that. From the videos I've seen on Shitney's Instagram, it doesn't look like they're doing their due diligence on those things. I would worry more about where Glenn is exercising and with whom than what exercises he is doing.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, cherenkov said:

BTW guys a lot of people have been calling out the leg-locking and quarter-repping in her leg press video and both she and her "trainer" are way pissy about it.

I had to go check this out; oh my god what a disproportionately hostile response! Even for her! The number one reason I have always disliked Whitney is because of how awful she is to fans and detractors alike, but she appears to be upping her game and even some fans are starting to notice. 

7F70D71F-7D93-4450-A38B-3E2DEAA403AA.jpeg

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

I had to go check this out; oh my god what a disproportionately hostile response! Even for her! The number one reason I have always disliked Whitney is because of how awful she is to fans and detractors alike, but she appears to be upping her game and even some fans are starting to notice.

LOL maybe they put her on some calorie restrictions and she's hangry...

• Love 7