Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Colleenna said:

It's interesting. I just went back and read some of the posts from season 1 episode 2, and people were saying lots of the same things we're saying now. 

(1) Why is she still living at home at age 30? 

(2) She's a slob (the garbage in her car)

(3) Her "dancing" isn't dancing at all.

(4) Her diet is atrocious --- mayo and banana on white bread? And she complains when daddy cooks eggs and turkey bacon for her, a much healthier alternative. 

(5) Why doesn't she wear appropriate clothing? 

(6) She seems to be stuck at age 14 (the poster asked if she fell into a coma at 14 and just woke up at age 30, LOL). 

Amazing how nothing seems to have changed. 

Just to be completely accurate - she isn’t living at home. She has that house in Greensboro that it appears Buddy is living in and now she seems to be living the majority of her time in Charlotte. 

The rest of it is totally true, except that just about every 14 year old I have known would be more mature than she is if they just woke up and were suddenly 30.

• Love 1

Maybe someday we will see her do some cardio. If she spent half the time she allegedly works out doing cardio, she would actually see results. I’m starting to wonder if she doesn’t want results. I guess when you tie your paycheck to being fat there is a fear of what happens if you aren’t anymore. 

Everything helps but if she doesn't change her diet, she will never lose any significant weight. You just can't out-exercise a bad diet.

• Love 10

Oh goody - now she’s encouraging these people to finance their vacation for 12 months. So they can start paying now and keep paying for the vacation for 7 months AFTER the vacation is already over. Great role model there Whitney!!

• Love 8
55 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Oh goody - now she’s encouraging these people to finance their vacation for 12 months. So they can start paying now and keep paying for the vacation for 7 months AFTER the vacation is already over. Great role model there Whitney!!

You’d think after all these cruises TLC, PMG, Whitney’s empire from her new business,  could raffle off a few spots for her loyal fans to show some goodwill.  I’m actually going on a cruise this and I desperately want to talk Mr Irate Panda into this.  He’s not a fan of cruises, but I keep telling him interacting with the Gang would be PRICELESS.  I’d actually be objective, but he’s not buying it.

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

Must not be getting many takers.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

You’d think after all these cruises TLC, PMG, Whitney’s empire from her new business,  could raffle off a few spots for her loyal fans to show some goodwill.  I’m actually going on a cruise this and I desperately want to talk Mr Irate Panda into this.  He’s not a fan of cruises, but I keep telling him interacting with the Gang would be PRICELESS.  I’d actually be objective, but he’s not buying it.

Can’t you just tell him you’re going on a regular cruise and act surprised when Whit and the Gang turn up???

• LOL 7
(edited)
5 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Can’t you just tell him you’re going on a regular cruise and act surprised when Whit and the Gang turn up???

Well he books our traveling, but maybe I could ask for it for my birthday gift.  I can’t rationally justify spending extra money on Whitney, but I feel like the shenanigans could be worth it. However he has a low tolerance for absurdity and he probably reaches that threshold with me.  The trip he actually plan is so much more expensive so I keep pushing how much money we’ll save despite it being more than a regular cruise, but he has this ridiculous idea his sanity is priceless.

Is this the first time Whitney has been pushing the financing aspect of the cruise?

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 2

You know what annoys me? (In addition to all the other crap Twit does that annoys.) Her use of FB/IG tags instead of ppl's names. Is it so much harder to write Todd, Buddy, Ryan, Chase, Jessica, Natalie?

Or do all the cool kids use tags for names?

Just now, Dot said:

You know what annoys me? (In addition to all the other crap Twit does that annoys.) Her use of FB/IG tags instead of ppl's names. Is it so much harder to write Todd, Buddy, Ryan, Chase, Jessica, Natalie?

I would guess it’s so they get an alert that she posted something, but it would certainly help her fans identify that not every man is Todd!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2

maybe I could ask for it for my birthday gift

It would be a birthday, Christmas and anniversary gift for me to have someone on board that can report back. If your husband has a low tolerance for BS, maybe another snarker could share a cabin with you. (Note - this is not a thinly disguised self invitation.  But I do wish it for someone else.)

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Dot said:

12 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I would guess it’s so they get an alert that she posted something, but it would certainly help her fans identify that not every man is Todd!

You would think she could put the IG tag in an appositive, using both the name and the IG tag. Of course that might be to advanced grammatically for her. But seriously, who calls their close friends by their IG names???

• Love 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, Dot said:

It helps drive traffic to their accounts so it’s actually a nice thing to do (or it may be in everyone’s contracts) though I never have any idea who she is talking about since i don’t follow any of them in social media.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 1

You know, I was thinking again about how Twit & her fat friends call two-pc swimsuits "bikinis." (Thanks a lot, @3girlsforus.) The bottom of Twit's swimsuits don't even look like the bottoms of two-pieces --  they look like giant diapers.

There are bottoms she would look much better in, e.g., the boy shorts style. And what's her aversion to a maillot (one-pc) suit, other than her gut isn't hanging out. A suit with a short skirt can be attractive; not all of them look like something granny would wear.

All of you will be happy to know I have finally exhausted my comments about bikinis.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Dot said:

You know, I was thinking again about how Twit & her fat friends call two-pc swimsuits "bikinis." (Thanks a lot, @3girlsforus.) The bottom of Twit's swimsuits don't even look like the bottoms of two-pieces --  they look like giant diapers.

There are bottoms she would look much better in, e.g., the boy shorts style. And what's her aversion to a maillot (one-pc) suit, other than her gut isn't hanging out. A suit with a short skirt can be attractive; not all of them look like something granny would wear.

All of you will be happy to know I have finally exhausted my comments about bikinis.

Shame on you Dot. Don’t you know that any kind of appropriate and flattering swimsuit is body shaming? 

• LOL 4
(edited)
17 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

With one exception (the woman with the missing limb), "body positivity" seems only to apply to those with butts and boobs. In the article below, this woman was body shamed for appearing "anorexic". That doesn't count to these people? How come the "voluptuous" are shown as body shaming's only victims? 

Yeah, I guess it's okay to tell skinny people to go eat a hamburger but how dare anyone pick on Whitney. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6647637/Erin-McNaught-hits-troll-called-anorexic-posted-bikini-photo.html

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

With one exception (the woman with the missing limb), "body positivity" seems only to apply to those with butts and boobs. In the article below, this woman was body shamed for appearing "anorexic". That doesn't count to these people? How come the "voluptuous" are shown as body shaming's only victims? 

Yeah, I guess it's okay to tell skinny people to go eat a hamburger but how dare anyone pick on Whitney. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6647637/Erin-McNaught-hits-troll-called-anorexic-posted-bikini-photo.html

Yes, apparently "body shaming" only applies to the morbidly obese. 

• Love 5

I am overweight but I prefer two piece swimsuits and always have, even when I was thin. I never liked bikinis but I like the ones that almost look like a one piece but are actually two. It's MUCH easier to go to the bathroom (unlike Whitney, I actually leave the pool/hot tub, go into a bathroom and remove my swimsuit to pee). Particularly when the suit is wet, it's easier to pull down (and back up) just the bottom instead of the entire suit.

I think for Whitney, it may also be that a two piece bathing suit is overall less binding and tight, since it covers less of her body. It also makes fit a little more forgiving, particularly if she buys a different size for bottom and top.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I am overweight but I prefer two piece swimsuits and always have, even when I was thin. I never liked bikinis but I like the ones that almost look like a one piece but are actually two. It's MUCH easier to go to the bathroom (unlike Whitney, I actually leave the pool/hot tub, go into a bathroom and remove my swimsuit to pee). Particularly when the suit is wet, it's easier to pull down (and back up) just the bottom instead of the entire suit.

I think for Whitney, it may also be that a two piece bathing suit is overall less binding and tight, since it covers less of her body. It also makes fit a little more forgiving, particularly if she buys a different size for bottom and top.

I’m assuming you are talking about a tankini. I think Whitney would look good in one of those. She is short so even one that’s a little small would give her good coverage. 

• Love 2

Honestly her swimwear is usually the least objectionable thing she wears to me.  Maybe that’s because it’s the one time, she’s suppose to be half-clothed.  I know I’m in the minority here but I think the skirted choice looks a little matronly. I think the boy short is a little better.  The problem with what she wears now is because she needs so much fabric to cover her bottom, I think a traditional two piece would always end up looking like a diaper.  The only exception might be a string bikini bottom, but I’m not sure that string is gonna hold all that in (I’m actually not trying to be smart, I meant logistically her stomach might just hide the whole bikini part).

I was looking through her Instagram to see if she had ANY flattering swimwear posted and I got to a post August 4 2018 advertising last year’s cruise which I’m guessing is a picture from the 2017 cruise.  She appears to be nude with her back and hips showing.  I would post this but I’m honestly not sure if it would break a rule.  FWIW there’s no crack showing.  My question, did she take this picture on the balcony of her cruise cabin? Is this inside the room?  Is there a dress code on this type of cruise?  So many questions, LOL.

• Love 1

Here's the photo @Irate Photo referred to. Twit is hanging off her balcony, nude, to show how much freedom exists on one of her cruises. That's what a family-friendly cruise is all about, isn't it? Twit showing off all of her 400 #s.

• Love 3

OMG! I needed brain bleach the first time this showed up I don't know what will take this image out of my mind now!! Is there a double/triple strength brain bleach? This woman has no boundaries/modesty.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Honestly her swimwear is usually the least objectionable thing she wears to me.  Maybe that’s because it’s the one time, she’s suppose to be half-clothed.  I know I’m in the minority here but I think the skirted choice looks a little matronly. I think the boy short is a little better.  The problem with what she wears now is because she needs so much fabric to cover her bottom, I think a traditional two piece would always end up looking like a diaper.  The only exception might be a string bikini bottom, but I’m not sure that string is gonna hold all that in (I’m actually not trying to be smart, I meant logistically her stomach might just hide the whole bikini part).

I was looking through her Instagram to see if she had ANY flattering swimwear posted and I got to a post August 4 2018 advertising last year’s cruise which I’m guessing is a picture from the 2017 cruise.  She appears to be nude with her back and hips showing.  I would post this but I’m honestly not sure if it would break a rule.  FWIW there’s no crack showing.  My question, did she take this picture on the balcony of her cruise cabin? Is this inside the room?  Is there a dress code on this type of cruise?  So many questions, LOL.

Ummmm. On Twit, a string bikini would most likely LITERALLY become butt floss. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Ummmm. On Twit, a string bikini would most likely LITERALLY become butt floss. 

LOL! Well....I was trying to give an example without the imagery, so I just said her belly might hide it completely, but yeah there’s that too.  I honestly think most bottoms are going to look like training pants/diapers because it just takes so much material to cover that area, if she wants to wear a “bikini”.  Didn’t she go to the beach in an early season what did she wear then?  Also, wasn’t she claiming she hadn’t been to the beach in years because of stares but now she’s posting semi nude pics online?

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Dot said:
.Here's the photo @Irate Photo referred to. Twit is hanging off her balcony, nude, to show how much freedom exists on one of her cruises. That's what a family-friendly cruise is all about, isn't it? Twit showing off all of her 400 #s.

Yes, that is the photo...I mean wouldn’t other cruisers possibly see this?? If so, I’ll never talk my husband into going on this cruise. Again, why is this the picture you post for a family friendly cruise?

ETA: I didn’t know whether to laugh, love or cry at your post @Dot

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 2

My question, did she take this picture on the balcony of her cruise cabin? Is this inside the room?  Is there a dress code on this type of cruise?

I posted this before, but it bears repeating...with few exceptions e.g. rear facing cabins, activities on balconies are clearly visible from the bridge. There are security cameras in many areas - especially the bridge to see people smoking, items going overboard, as well as nude sunbathing. Nude sunbathing is not prohibited but the cruise lines make it clear that balcony spaces are not totally private. (Now that I think of it someone on a neighboring balcony could just as easily look around the partition or, down from above.) Knowing our little exhibitionist she probably was making enough noise that it would have drawn attention.

The first bathing suit she bought and wore in the first season when she made her "triumphant return to the beach" had boy shorts and didn't look half bad. I am afraid she thought she looked so good she thought she should show more.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 7/15/2019 at 6:20 AM, Me from ME said:

I posted this before, but it bears repeating...with few exceptions e.g. rear facing cabins, activities on balconies are clearly visible from the bridge. There are security cameras in many areas - especially the bridge to see people smoking, items going overboard, as well as nude sunbathing. Nude sunbathing is not prohibited but the cruise lines make it clear that balcony spaces are not totally private. (Now that I think of it someone on a neighboring balcony could just as easily look around the partition or, down from above.) Knowing our little exhibitionist she probably was making enough noise that it would have drawn attention.

The first bathing suit she bought and wore in the first season when she made her "triumphant return to the beach" had boy shorts and didn't look half bad. I am afraid she thought she looked so good she thought she should show more.

Or she gained a lot of weight and still bought the same size suit...

• Love 1
On 7/15/2019 at 6:20 AM, Me from ME said:

Whitney loves that being fat gives her “permission” to be an exhibitionist. She figures if anyone complains she’ll just scream ‘fat-shaming’ and the reality is that a lot of people will just shut up because they know they will be accused of being fat phobic/shamer or whatever the term is these days. I think Whitney knows that it’s inappropriate, regardless of size. She just loves that because she’s fat she can get away with it and if she doesn’t get away with it she gets to scream victim. A skinny person can’t do that. To me when she posts these public naked photos it’s just like a big finger to everyone saying ‘I can get away with whatever I want. I dare you to say anything because I’m fat’. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

To me when she posts these public naked photos it’s just like a big finger to everyone saying ‘I can get away with whatever I want. I dare you to say anything because I’m fat’. 

Oh, I think if she really wanted to be a victim of fat shaming, she would have posted a full length back view. She knows her top half looks semi-normal, except for her enormous arms, and is just posting this out of vanity, ie, she thinks she looks good🙄

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

Oh, I think if she really wanted to be a victim of fat shaming, she would have posted a full length back view. She knows her top half looks semi-normal, except for her enormous arms, and is just posting this out of vanity, ie, she thinks she looks good🙄

I’m sure she’d love to post a full length back view but she isn’t stupid. TLC would probably not be pleased. I agree that she thinks she looks good but she also loves that she can do this with impunity because she’s fat. If she went full naked backside she would potentially be in trouble with TLC and Instagram would take it down because it’s specifically against policy. If Instagram took the photo down she would have a harder time making a case for shaming because their policy says no naked butts, not no naked fat butts.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Whitney loves that being fat gives her “permission” to be an exhibitionist. She figures if anyone complains she’ll just scream ‘fat-shaming’ and the reality is that a lot of people will just shut up because they know they will be accused of being fat phobic/shamer or whatever the term is these days. I think Whitney knows that it’s inappropriate, regardless of size. She just loves that because she’s fat she can get away with it and if she doesn’t get away with it she gets to scream victim. A skinny person can’t do that. To me when she posts these public naked photos it’s just like a big finger to everyone saying ‘I can get away with whatever I want. I dare you to say anything because I’m fat’. 

If she wear to go full on nudity

The overhang from her stomach would cover her crotch.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Today, in Ryan's inst story, Whitney is pictured sitting on the edge of an inflatable raft. She's at the US National Whitewater Center in Charlotte, North Carolina, which Google describes as "the world's premier outdoor facility featuring whitewater rafting, biking, zip lines, live music, craft brews, and more." The caption is "Ready to Raft!"  I guess this is a glimpse of a next season story line. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Today, in Ryan's inst story, Whitney is pictured sitting on the edge of an inflatable raft. She's at the US National Whitewater Center in Charlotte, North Carolina, which Google describes as "the world's premier outdoor facility featuring whitewater rafting, biking, zip lines, live music, craft brews, and more." The caption is "Ready to Raft!"  I guess this is a glimpse of a next season story line. 

Maybe they're operating on the cheap this year & the annual Big Adventure is just gonna take place in Twit's new home town.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

Oh why did someone have to dredge up that pic of Twit on the balcony ? All those seagulls that went blind because of it.  Well at least her trying to get off a raft must be easier than when she tried to get out of the snow inner tube HighMeekFritillarybutterfly-small.gif

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

Poor Whitney doesn't look all that thrilled by the upcoming raft excursion, but she is very happy in her instagram account, posting a pic of her sitting with Jessica Powell while Jessica's boyfriend Isaiah and Ryan stand behind them. Everyone in this picture uses a lot of teeth whitening products!  But where's the absolutely existent boyfriend?

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

Poor Whitney doesn't look all that thrilled by the upcoming raft excursion, but she is very happy in her instagram account, posting a pic of her sitting with Jessica Powell while Jessica's boyfriend Isaiah and Ryan stand behind them. Everyone in this picture uses a lot of teeth whitening products!  But where's the absolutely existent boyfriend?

Tal is posting "staycation" photos of him & Jon soaking up the sun poolside, so it seems quite likely they are both in Charlotte, too. No give-aways from either Heather or Buddy yet.

(edited)
4 hours ago, Ketzel said:

So let’s assume everything she says about these relationships is true and none are created for the show. Ryan is her business partner/workout partner. Jessica is her trainer. Isaiah is Jessica’s boyfriend. Chase is her boyfriend and Ryan’s friend. So which part of this makes sense? She went rafting with her business parter, her trainer, and her trainer’s boyfriend but not her boyfriend? Who goes rafting with their trainer let alone their trainer and her boyfriend???? This is not normal, unless of course it’s all for the show. But we aren’t supposed to believe it’s fake. What’s a rational person to do????

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Does this woman do anything to contribute to society?  She has no job other than being a TLC and Instagram star, not a particularly worthwhile “career”.  I am tired of her smiling face and her minions acting as if they are doing something important.  

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Donut Bear said:

Does this woman do anything to contribute to society?  She has no job other than being a TLC and Instagram star, not a particularly worthwhile “career”.  I am tired of her smiling face and her minions acting as if they are doing something important.  

She would argue that her Obesity Advocacy (aka no body shaming) is important. 

• Love 1