Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

The point of the NoBS site is too sell the merchandise, but some of these pics are just awful.  I mean I think Whitney’s FB and Instagram are more professional and flattering.  This pic of Buddy is just poor quality and the I don’t understand why Whitney always has to make some odd face.  Also Whitney shirt looks so stretched it looks almost  see through.

573DBB7D-E33C-484B-B66B-884BA67D2F48.jpeg.418a9cee816343c8a58ebf9c063a9d94.jpeg

167CBFB3-E0CF-4875-91BD-17975093EF93.jpeg.cad3e68b89e863779a5cb5b93a03b8f8.jpeg?

Is she...pretending to be a tiger or something? Um, having a seizure?

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

She's portraying Henchi the Cat. Superb actor that she is, why can't you see that?

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

The point of the NoBS site is too sell the merchandise, but some of these pics are just awful.  I mean I think Whitney’s FB and Instagram are more professional and flattering.  This pic of Buddy is just poor quality and the I don’t understand why Whitney always has to make some odd face.  Also Whitney shirt looks so stretched it looks almost  see through.

573DBB7D-E33C-484B-B66B-884BA67D2F48.jpeg.418a9cee816343c8a58ebf9c063a9d94.jpeg

167CBFB3-E0CF-4875-91BD-17975093EF93.jpeg.cad3e68b89e863779a5cb5b93a03b8f8.jpeg

I think her shirt is just made of super cheap fabric. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I really wonder what Babs and Glenn truly think of Whitney.  I mean I imagine they are in their 70s so I wonder what they think when they see Whitney’s posts coming out of the shower or the bra picture.  I mean I know they’re use to whatever nonsense she does because she lived with them, but I wonder if they are embarrassed their friends, strangers, etc now know about Whitney’s behavior.  The more I think about Whitney’s behavior, the more I wonder if something happened to her to cause this behavior or if her delusions and enabling from others just exacerbated her true tendencies.

I know exactly what they are thinking.

*parents exchange knowing glance.. both shake fists in air while simultaneously shouting*...

" WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH HER????""

On 1/11/2018 at 1:23 PM, OnceSane said:

We have a new site-wide policy for Previously TV:

We will no longer allow snarking on fans, period--whether they post on this site or not.  This includes responses on Facebook or other social media.  There is plenty to discuss about Whitney and those who choose to participate on the show without talking about fans.  

Any posts not following this policy will be removed.

Thanks.

Can we get a specific example of what is not allowed?( Not trying to misunderstand this restriction)

• Love 2
On 1/11/2018 at 9:24 AM, Alapaki said:

Setting aside that the narrator sounds like a pretty big dick, he does have Whitney's number.

What I found interesting, though, is that in this TedX talk Whitney takes her weight issues all the way back to 5th grade.  She really can't keep her story straight.

I also love how all of her "jokes" fall flat.  And what's with her making fun of a college freshman taking her on a "dinner date" to a Ruby Tuesdays?  You're broke and in college, and a hillbilly college at that.  You expect to be taken to Le Bernadin?  What a bitch.

That "date" would have hit the nail on the head with Golden Corrall. Take the Pig to the Trough.

Ruby Tuesday's has a really good Bourbon Salmon. Plus ALLYOUCANEATSALADBAR. 

(He was sending her a salad messege.)..Probably why she is pissed to this day. "OH! HOW DARE YOU BODY SHAME ME BY TAKING ME TO A RESTAURANT THAT HAS UNLIMITED SALAD!"

.."OOH! LOOKY! CHEESECAKE! "

** snaps fingers at Waitress**

Edited by Nancypants
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, auntjess said:

Notice how she is too big to fit on the damn thing. Shoo.

On 1/11/2018 at 0:35 PM, Thrifty said:

I don't watch this show, but I am an avid watcher of "My 600 Pound Life".  I see the promos for this show during that one.  I have watched the promos over the year and it brings me to this observation.... Is she getting fatter?  She seems bigger every year.

Yes. Fatter. Much Fatter.

7 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

That's her face when she stalks a pizza in the Pridelands.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Dot said:

She's portraying Henchi the Cat. Superb actor that she is, why can't you see that?

Her mouth is open so we can see where the portal for all the daily pizza and moon size cookies and 800 calorie lattes and cakeshehates goes. Inadvertently Demonstrating why she is Hugely fat........ In case we did not know.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, auntjess said:

She's got a good 100 lbs on Buddy, doesn't she?

I think she'd have all 450+ pounds "on Buddy" if she got the chance.

Also:  I'm no marketing genius, but even I wouldn't have a guy in a white shirt standing in front of a white background.

• Love 12

The stuff in her shop is literal garbage. It’s the kind of stuff you’d buy with tickets you won from the Skee-Ball machine. She needs a brand consultant, though, as with BGDC, she likely missed her window here too. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Pachengala said:

The stuff in her shop is literal garbage. It’s the kind of stuff you’d buy with tickets you won from the Skee-Ball machine. She needs a brand consultant, though, as with BGDC, she likely missed her window here too. 

She literally can NOT DO ANYTHING RIGHT.

..or with any degree of Dignity

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Dot said:

Oh, now I see it. I thought she was being "fierce," a la Tyra Banks. Come to think of it, Henchi mostly looks like he wants to claw her eyes out, so I guess that pose could do for both.

• Love 3

"Go buy this stuff up so I can give you new and better stuff."

This stuff is terrible, please buy it so I can get stuff that sucks less.

Also cross posting this from the other thread:

BZOvrYq.jpg

Why would anyone want to buy that after seeing that photo? She even has it turned with the logo not showing. I don't understand.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, John M said:

"Go buy this stuff up so I can give you new and better stuff."

This stuff is terrible, please buy it so I can get stuff that sucks less.

Also cross posting this from the other thread:

BZOvrYq.jpg

Why would anyone want to buy that after seeing that photo? She even has it turned with the logo not showing. I don't understand.

Maybe it's supposed to limit your water intake. You'll put your eye out, kid! 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Nancypants said:

Can we get a specific example of what is not allowed?( Not trying to misunderstand this restriction)

Don't talk about fans, period.  Keep it to the show, Whitney and her "co-stars"; if they aren't on the show, they aren't up for discussion.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Pachengala said:

Real branding/marketing involves at least a little effort. And cheap crap don't sell itself no matter how legit the brand. Her brand exists in her imagination. I'm pretty sure I could wear something emblazoned with her 'no bs" logo and NO ONE would know what it meant. Probably assume the "bs" stood for bullsh*t. Sadly, they would be wrong on oh so many counts. And now I'm going to have to take a shower at just thinking about wearing a piece of that crap! 

4 hours ago, Nancypants said:

She literally can NOT DO ANYTHING RIGHT.

..or with any degree of Dignity

Now... now... she can sprawl well. Lounging is something she's quite adept at. She's a champion at spinning EVERY blessed thing so that it's about her. She can make food disappear very effectively. Her donkey impression (however unintentional) is spot on. She can do a lot of things right. They just kinda happen to be wrong things. 

but, yeah, no dignity whatsoever. Totally agree there. 

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Pachengala said:

Literal garbage? You mean Lennie Alehat? No, for real - he's modelling:

http://nobodyshamestore.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=88

lennie.jpg

Edited by lightninggirl
  • Love 2

I do think if Whitney tried she could make her website or maybe an Etsy store or something like that somewhat profitable.  She may not always be my cup of tea, but I  do think if she worked with someone who knew about promotion and branding she would have a built in market.   I know sometimes I get frustrated in my posts in this show, I guess it’s because at least at the beginning I did want to see Whitney succeed, now she just seems to have given up.  

I obviously don’t know the lady so don’t know her real life, but I’d like to believe she’s not as bad as portrayed on this show.  I know production can’t use what you don’t give them, but part of me holds out hope she really acts this way for the check.  The other thing is, I imagine she is in some sort of physical and maybe emotional pain (if the Avi thing was real...reality tv you never know) so maybe all this also plays a part in her “tantrums”, I just don’t know.  I guess, I just feel like not a great person sometimes because I post my frustration with her and the show.  My”humor” tends to be scarcastic sometimes, maybe too much sometimes, but I just don’t understand this show I guess.  It’s supposed to be about a fabulous life, and not to paraphrase that comedian, but if Whitney is so happy why is she always crying?  I feel like her show is a wink to the audience “See she’s not fabulous and neither is her life” and it makes me kind of sad to be part of it.  Maybe I’m just overly emotional tonight, I don’t know.  I never really cared about Whitney’s weight other than I don’t think being that obese is healthy and I don’t think it accurate if she is claiming to not have gained any weight.

In other words, I don’t think she’s bad because she fat, I do dislike her personality and how it’s portrayed how she treats some people at least on the show.  I’m gonna try to tone my snark down, mostly because I’m starting to not like my behavior.  Ok enough of the soap box and I’m hoping not to get too riled up in future episodes to forget this posts of mine.  If so maybe I’ll need to turn off MBFFL for awhile.  Thanks for letting me ramble.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I obviously don’t know the lady so don’t know her real life, but I’d like to believe she’s not as bad as portrayed on this show.  I know production can’t use what you don’t give them, but part of me holds out hope she really acts this way for the check.  

I am of the opinion that being on TV magnifies your true self.  Think about Kate Gosselin.  At first, people thought she was just a hyper-organized, over-stressed mother of 8.  Then the cracks started to show - opening up the world's view of her as a not-very-nice opportunist who felt the world owed her something.  These reality show people are not great actors.  IMO, some of them have "real selves" who are just not nice people.  I've put Whitney into the Kate category.  Why would you go on TV and intentionally behave badly if it's not who you really are?

And if she was JUST acting this way for the check, why does she tell people to "f*** off" on her Facebook page?  Nobody is paying her there.  

I think your sweet nature is evident from your post . . . I also try not to be TOO snarky.  But commenting on her behavior makes it hard to be kind.  

• Love 12

Abraham Lincoln said "if you want to test a man's character, give him power".  And that's the dynamic at play here.  Whitney's "fame" has given her a sense of superiority and "power", and her true colors have come shining through.

I've tried to point out over the seasons the subtle and not-so-subtle hints that the production crew has come to really dislike Whitney.  I betting that's the result of Whitney treating them like crap (we saw a glimpse of that in the way she barked at the crew when she slid into that hilarious split while trying to ski.  

As far as Whitey's marketing, I always thought the smartest play would've been to use the first couple of seasons to showcase the BGDC and then try to license to the concept to a big fitness chain.  With a few tweaks it'd fit in with Planet Fitness's anti-musclehead branding.  Churn out a couple of new "routines" every few months and make a few person appearances as classes are added throughout the country and then sit back and cash checks.  I think there's probably a market for a fitness class that's welcoming to people who might be intimidating by traditional aerobic-type classes.  Much more so than the poor-quality stuff she seems to be hawking on her No-BS website.  

• Love 9

There have also been some indications  that Maney, Roy and LauRen can't stand the bitch, based on how they talk about her on the air nowadays (there have been some posts in our Cat Breath FB group linking to YouTube videos where Roy and Maney give lots of insight).

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Alapaki said:

I've tried to point out over the seasons the subtle and not-so-subtle hints that the production crew has come to really dislike Whitney.

I used to believe that, too. Now I think I agree with @AZChristian: she's portrayed as an awful person becuz she IS an awful person. You can't film what isn't there. And what's there is a profane, self-absorbed, over-eating, inappropriately sexual narcissist with no sense of propriety, no impulse control & no awareness of boundaries.

We saw SM chortling all last year about the MBFFL crew & Twit's enjoying free time with them. Jason, the exec producer, spent time with her. Connie, prod asst, still does. Twit made a big deal of thanking every crew member by name while pictured with them in front of a hot air balloon on her FB page. So she thinks of this year's crew, at least, as pals. (Tho I acknowledge that she, being rather obtuse, is probably wrong about most of them.)

It's possible that the PMG editors back in the LA HQ are maliciously seeking out only those bits of film that show Twit in her worst light. But I don't think so. I just don't believe there is a BEST light.

• Love 10

I got a good laugh over Twit's stated reason this morn on FB as to why she hadn't stalked Avi earlier:

"If you’re wondering why I hadn’t already showed up at his doorstep, it’s because he lived and worked on a gated campus—lucky for him!"

Indeed. Lucky for him. And the other residents.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Dot said:

I used to believe that, too. Now I think I agree with @AZChristian: she's portrayed as an awful person becuz she IS an awful person. You can't film what isn't there. And what's there is a profane, self-absorbed, over-eating, inappropriately sexual narcissist with no sense of propriety, no impulse control & no awareness of boundaries.

We saw SM chortling all last year about the MBFFL crew & Twit's enjoying free time with them. Jason, the exec producer, spent time with her. Connie, prod asst, still does. Twit made a big deal of thanking every crew member by name while pictured with them in front of a hot air balloon on her FB page. So she thinks of this year's crew, at least, as pals. (Tho I acknowledge that she, being rather obtuse, is probably wrong about most of them.)

It's possible that the PMG editors back in the LA HQ are maliciously seeking out only those bits of film that show Twit in her worst light. But I don't think so. I just don't believe there is a BEST light.

Yeah.  I don't mean to suggest that production is going out of the way to make Whitney look bad.  I think that at some point they decided to stop going out of their way to try to make her look good.

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, Dot said:

I got a good laugh over Twit's stated reason this morn on FB as to why she hadn't stalked Avi earlier:

"If you’re wondering why I hadn’t already showed up at his doorstep, it’s because he lived and worked on a gated campus—lucky for him!"

I am shocked! Shocked, I say! I would fully expect her to say, "I was kind of pushed into it by the producers. Personally, I wanted to just forget about the whole thing. Stalking a man who cheats is such a loser-ish thing to do. It's not as if you can expect him to fall at your feet and beg your forgiveness. He's going to run like a rabbit! So what can you do except create a stupid scene where you look like the crazy person and he gets to tell himself he was right all along to not take you seriously?"  She's such a centered, poised young woman, with such great confidence and self-esteem . . . " (I wonder if she would have gone under or over the gates if she'd been physically capable of fitting?)

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

There have also been some indications  that Maney, Roy and LauRen can't stand the bitch, based on how they talk about her on the air nowadays (there have been some posts in our Cat Breath FB group linking to YouTube videos where Roy and Maney give lots of insight).

I just sent a request to join. Would one of y'all let me in?

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, Dot said:

If she REALLY wanted to show up at his doorstep, she could have climbed over the fence.

Oh.  Never mind.

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, Dot said:

This got me wondering. Did she mean a gated campus in her area? As in, he was living there, not in Indiana? Some sort of Jewish school? I googled and found American Hebrew Academy. Googled "avi lang american hebrew academy" and found this: http://doczz.net/doc/19645/hagesher---american-hebrew-academy It's a newsletter from the school from Summer 2016. There's an article on him (with photo, it's definitely the same guy) on p. 23. of the newsletter. I guess the timing would check out?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, SatelliteCall said:

This got me wondering. Did she mean a gated campus in her area? As in, he was living there, not in Indiana? Some sort of Jewish school? I googled and found American Hebrew Academy. Googled "avi lang american hebrew academy" and found this: http://doczz.net/doc/19645/hagesher---american-hebrew-academy It's a newsletter from the school from Summer 2016. There's an article on him (with photo, it's definitely the same guy) on p. 23. of the newsletter. I guess the timing would check out?

Thank you! You've nailed why Avi was in Greensboro.

This is the most boring newsletter I've ever read. To save the rest of you the tedium of reading thru it, here is the (lengthy) info on Avi -- more than you'll ever want to know:

Focus on the Faculty: Mr. Avi Lang

By Dr. Richard W. Smith York, and Tel Aviv.

I remember last spring meeting some of the candidates for the opening in Jewish Studies at breakfast and being struck by one individual in particular. Not only was he kind, personable, informed, and clearly very intelligent, Avi Lang expressed the personal connectivity that gave me what Malcom Gladwell calls a strong “Blink” moment, and I regretted that I had little input into the hiring process. In 2007, Mr. Lang moved to Israel; members of his immediate family soon followed and continue to live in Tel Aviv. Fortunately, for me and for the Academy, Rabbi Sneiderman knew a promising strong addition to the department, and hired him. Now, Louise Crown and Dean Covitz will not have a monopoly on that distinctive United Kingdom accent as Mr. Lang grew up and was educated there as well. The son of a teacher, Avi Lang began developing his life-long love of teaching and education by taking his undergraduate degree in Modern Languages at Reading University and following that with a Master’s Degree in Jewish Studies from no less than Oxford University. While growing up speaking Italian and English at home, Avi’s polyglot includes French, Hebrew, and Yiddish as well. His interest in Yiddish began at Oxford and was deepened during summer studies at universities in Vilnius, Strasbourg, New Avi studied at the Pardes Institute of Jewish Studies in Jerusalem and taught at the high school level in Be’er Sheva for a period of two years. In 2010, he moved to Indiana to commence a PhD program in Comparative Literature and Jewish Studies at Indiana University, and, currently he has only his dissertation to complete and defend before he becomes Dr. Lang of the American Hebrew Academy. For this research, Avi is looking at the seventeenth-century text, the Tsene Urene, which is a retelling in Yiddish of tanakhic and midrashic stories that are very important in the Jewish canon. Because women of that period most often could only read Yiddish, the Tsene Urene is sometimes referred to as The Women’s Bible. Avi’s background tends to nurture in interest in teaching rather than research, and for him the Academy’s strong focus on instruction seemed to him a good fit. “Pluralism creates a unique space to be critical, self-reflective, and [to] really consider what it is to be a Jew in the modern world. I am also interested in the international nature of the student population: I like the fact that students have the opportunity to encounter other cultures and languages in this environment, something I regard as important in our age of globalization. I love the diversity of the curriculum and the space we have to be creative. I like the fact that classes are small and that we can devote a lot of attention to each student,” he said. On paper and in person, Mr. Avi Lang clearly brings strong educational assets to the faculty, staff, and most important, the students of the American Hebrew Academy for the school year 2016-2017.

The newsletter's publication info: summer 2016 / 5776 ‫ קיץ‬volume 13, issue 1 23.

BTW, I wonder if Dr. Smith's opinion of Avi has changed now that Twit outed him as a cad.

Edited by Dot
corrected bio author's name
  • Love 8
48 minutes ago, Dot said:

I wonder if Dr. Ray's opinion of Avi has changed now that Twit outed him as a cad.

She could seriously ruin this man’s career.  And all of this scenario about him could all be in her sick head.  If you remember, she truly believed that Roy was in love with her and was making overtures. And Roy was just being a gentleman.  And when he attended her competition, or whatever that was, he was doing it on behalf of his company and his coworkers. And in her mind, he was ready to propose.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 13
17 minutes ago, Kid said:

She could seriously ruin this man’s career.  And all of this scenario about him could all be in her sick head.  If you remember, she truly believe the Roy was in love with her and was making overtures. And Roy was just being a gentleman.  And when he attended her competition, or whatever that was, he was doing it on behalf of his company and his coworkers. And in her mind, he was ready to propose.

Yeah, I think Twit was no more than a fast fuck -- no commitments, remember. But he did apparently swindle Twit out of $1900. Of course, that also could be her story; maybe she forced the money on him for some reason.

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, Dot said:

Yeah, I think Twit was no more than a fast fuck -- no commitments, remember. But he did apparently swindle Twit out of $1900. Of course, that also could be her story; maybe she forced the money on him for some reason.

See, that’s the thing. She is not a credible source. Either she’s delusional or it could be a script writer’s dream. Either way, what  is being put out there may or may not be true.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

I am shocked! Shocked, I say! I would fully expect her to say, "I was kind of pushed into it by the producers. Personally, I wanted to just forget about the whole thing. Stalking a man who cheats is such a loser-ish thing to do. It's not as if you can expect him to fall at your feet and beg your forgiveness. He's going to run like a rabbit! So what can you do except create a stupid scene where you look like the crazy person and he gets to tell himself he was right all along to not take you seriously?"  She's such a centered, poised young woman, with such great confidence and self-esteem . . . " (I wonder if she would have gone under or over the gates if she'd been physically capable of fitting?)

Now I'm thinking that production staked out the gates and let her know where he went...

4 minutes ago, Kid said:

See, that’s the thing. She is not a credible source. Either she’s delusional or it could be a script writers dream. Either way, you don’t know what to believe.

But didn't he stop her in her tracks (that is, she stopped yapping for ten seconds) with an offer to pay her back if she'd leave him alone?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Kid said:

See, that’s the thing. She is not a credible source. Either she’s delusional or it could be a script writer’s dream. Either way, what  is being put out there may or may not be true.

MBFFL is like a novel with an unreliable narrator.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Dot said:

n 2010, he moved to Indiana to commence a PhD program in Comparative Literature and Jewish Studies at Indiana University, and, currently he has only his dissertation to complete and defend before he becomes Dr. Lang of the American Hebrew Academy. For this research, Avi is looking at the seventeenth-century text, the Tsene Urene, which is a retelling in Yiddish of tanakhic and midrashic stories that are very important in the Jewish canon. Because women of that period most often could only read Yiddish, the Tsene Urene is sometimes referred to as The Women’s Bible. Avi’s background tends to nurture in interest in teaching rather than research, and for him the Academy’s strong focus on instruction seemed to him a good fit. “Pluralism creates a unique space to be critical, self-reflective, and [to] really consider what it is to be a Jew in the modern world. I am also interested in the international nature of the student population: I like the fact that students have the opportunity to encounter other cultures and languages in this environment, something I regard as important in our age of globalization. I love the diversity of the curriculum and the space we have to be creative. I like the fact that classes are small and that we can devote a lot of attention to each student,” he said. On paper and in person, Mr. Avi Lang clearly brings strong educational assets to the faculty, staff, and most important, the students of the American Hebrew Academy for the school year 2016-2017.

So it sounds like he was hired with the plan to keep him on permanently. Wonder if HE left or if they decided not to renew. He's not listed on the faculty on their page right now so... ... ... hmmm... maybe something better came along. Maybe he's a commitment-phobe on more levels than just the romantic! ha ha... although post-doc job hopping in hopes of finding the ever-elusive tenure-track gig is not uncommon. 

• Love 2

Thanks for the feedback everyone.  just so I’m clear I don’t think production is leaving out good things per say I just don’t think  Whitney’s life is Fabulous despite what she says and we all are supposed to get that.  I guess for the first time I felt like I was laughing at her situation...not the fat and not when she goes off on some inappropriate rant, but when she is pathetic and I guess i thought I’d never laugh at someone I thought was truly pathetic so part of me was hoping this was an act.  I didn’t really know about Maney and them and their opinions, I feel they are probably more truthful than her friends because they are less biased.  They don’t depend on her for a check. Thanks for all the analysis, I do enjoy all your commentary. I’m sure I’ll be riled up within a couple of episodes but I will try to tone down my snark more for myself than Whitney at least for now. Yet again, thanks for letting me ramble :)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Maggienolia said:

So it sounds like he was hired with the plan to keep him on permanently. Wonder if HE left or if they decided not to renew. He's not listed on the faculty on their page right now so... ... ... hmmm... maybe something better came along. Maybe he's a commitment-phobe on more levels than just the romantic! ha ha... although post-doc job hopping in hopes of finding the ever-elusive tenure-track gig is not uncommon. 

He's still listed as a grad student at Indiana University Bloomington, so I'm guessing that he either didn't finish his PhD dissertation, or he didn't defend it successfully. If he was hired with the condition that he receive his doctorate by the end of that academic year, that would explain a decision to drop him.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Kid said:

She could seriously ruin this man’s career.  And all of this scenario about him could all be in her sick head.  If you remember, she truly believed that Roy was in love with her and was making overtures. And Roy was just being a gentleman.  And when he attended her competition, or whatever that was, he was doing it on behalf of his company and his coworkers. And in her mind, he was ready to propose.

eh...I'm ok with it...karma's a bitch eh Weinstein?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Maggienolia said:

Avi was teaching at a h.s. (It calls itself, rather pompously, "the American Hebrew Academy, the only international Jewish college prep boarding school in the world.") So I imagine it was a one-yr deal while he began work on his dissertation.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I will try to tone down my snark more for myself than Whitney at least for now. 

Good for you! Honestly sometimes I find myself feeling bad about being occasionally grossed out by Whitney's appearance in particular. I don't want to be the type of person who sits around on the laptop judging a fat woman. Even if I am more judging her for her outrageous behavior and her promotion of unhealthy eating and unsafe exercise stunts. It's so easy to fall into this fountain of negativity where I just attack whatever I see and that's probably not good for my social development :-P That's why social media is so fascinating to me, the things that Whitney is curating and choosing to put out in the public. She can claim the editing on this show makes her look a certain way, but when she is posting on Insta or FB you know this is *who she is* and it ain't good.

• Love 13
19 hours ago, Kid said:

I don't think so. This isn't really real. 

• Love 5