Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

Some of the Nit-Whits were not particularly impressed by the recent episode or Twit's current FB statement about how empowered she was in taking on Avi. This, from Rebecca, is typical:

"Sorry but this is ridiculous. You really need to get a job instead of sitting around obsessing on someone you dated a few times. People have been married years had kids and discovered worse betrayal and handles it in a more dignified way. An alpha  female who's strong and independent doesn't run after a man giving him money and begging him to be with her. Please stop. Personally love Ashley Todd and Tal but struggle to watch you I'm sorry."

• Love 17

So I have some loosely-formed thoughts about Whitney W(t)hore. 

People don't like to admit it but in high school, pretty girls are a tier above the ones who aren't. Intelligence and personality don't close that gap for a not-pretty girl. Beautiful girls can be boring or unkind or a little trashy with fewer repercussions than less-attractive girls suffer. 

My guess is that our girl Whit was pretty enough (and had access to enough parental money, which also helps) to get away with an obnoxious personality in high school, and eventually she believed she was special or entitled to everyone's admiration. Had she been 300 pounds in high school, or maybe junior high, she'd be very different today. High school kids are merciless about killing self esteem of those who fall short in looks. But she got through that phase of her life feeling special and invincible and she's resisting accepting that the average person in her age group finds women like her very flawed and somewhat gross. It's a harsh reality that I hope her therapist is helping her to process. Sorry Whit. Your Pretty Pass has expired. 

• Love 15
7 hours ago, AUJulia said:

So I have some loosely-formed thoughts about Whitney W(t)hore. 

People don't like to admit it but in high school, pretty girls are a tier above the ones who aren't. Intelligence and personality don't close that gap for a not-pretty girl. Beautiful girls can be boring or unkind or a little trashy with fewer repercussions than less-attractive girls suffer. 

My guess is that our girl Whit was pretty enough (and had access to enough parental money, which also helps) to get away with an obnoxious personality in high school, and eventually she believed she was special or entitled to everyone's admiration. Had she been 300 pounds in high school, or maybe junior high, she'd be very different today. High school kids are merciless about killing self esteem of those who fall short in looks. But she got through that phase of her life feeling special and invincible and she's resisting accepting that the average person in her age group finds women like her very flawed and somewhat gross. It's a harsh reality that I hope her therapist is helping her to process. Sorry Whit. Your Pretty Pass has expired. 

I bet there are a bunch of girls who went to highschool with her and weren't her barnacles going HAHA now.  I have no doubt that she was a mean girl, that's why 1. she hasn't made any new friends since high school and 2. said friends are more like followers because we never see her giving back to them (unless you count the baby shower, which Whit bitched about the whole time).

• Love 9
25 minutes ago, writerchick57 said:

This guy is spot on regarding everything Whitney

Setting aside that the narrator sounds like a pretty big dick, he does have Whitney's number.

What I found interesting, though, is that in this TedX talk Whitney takes her weight issues all the way back to 5th grade.  She really can't keep her story straight.

I also love how all of her "jokes" fall flat.  And what's with her making fun of a college freshman taking her on a "dinner date" to a Ruby Tuesdays?  You're broke and in college, and a hillbilly college at that.  You expect to be taken to Le Bernadin?  What a bitch.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, notyrmomma said:

I bet there are a bunch of girls who went to highschool with her and weren't her barnacles going HAHA now.  I have no doubt that she was a mean girl, that's why 1. she hasn't made any new friends since high school and 2. said friends are more like followers because we never see her giving back to them (unless you count the baby shower, which Whit bitched about the whole time).

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Alapaki said:

What I found interesting, though, is that in this TedX talk Whitney takes her weight issues all the way back to 5th grade.  She really can't keep her story straight.

EXACTLY THIS. The pics that she displays on her show purport that she was a thin dancer until she 'developed' PCOS and gained 100lbs in college (I may be off on that #, but you get me). Then on various social media posts, she's claiming to be bulimic - even threw up her prom night dinner because her dress was too tight. It looks like she pushes a narrative of always being fat and having recovered (obviously) from an eating disorder in pics on social media, but we NEVER hear that on the show. I would be a little more understanding of her weight gain/stuffing her face if she mentioned a struggle with food or some psychological issues she had with it. Instead, all we see is her drive-thru habits and eating Michael Phelps-sized bowls of cereal and pouting what looks like heavy cream into a glass and drinking it.

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

EXACTLY THIS. The pics that she displays on her show purport that she was a thin dancer until she 'developed' PCOS and gained 100lbs in college (I may be off on that #, but you get me). Then on various social media posts, she's claiming to be bulimic - even threw up her prom night dinner because her dress was too tight. It looks like she pushes a narrative of always being fat and having recovered (obviously) from an eating disorder in pics on social media, but we NEVER hear that on the show. I would be a little more understanding of her weight gain/stuffing her face if she mentioned a struggle with food or some psychological issues she had with it. Instead, all we see is her drive-thru habits and eating Michael Phelps-sized bowls of cereal and pouting what looks like heavy cream into a glass and drinking it.

See that's the thing, we have seen some of her eating habits, if we are to believe her that she hasn't gained any weight (She obviously has) there are some very simple tweaks that she could make to her diet that would take like zero effort and result in significant weight loss. Switch whole milk for 1% or skim, order a black coffee instead of a coffee milkshake, switch from wine to vodka, instead of a vat of cereal for a snack makes some light popcorn.

Obviously none of these things are going to turn the train around but they are like zero effort, zero pain ways to make significant cuts to her caloric intake.

• Love 8

I don't watch this show, but I am an avid watcher of "My 600 Pound Life".  I see the promos for this show during that one.  I have watched the promos over the year and it brings me to this observation.... Is she getting fatter?  She seems bigger every year.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, writerchick57 said:

This guy is spot on regarding everything Whitney.  Listen to the entire video.  I love this guy!!!

All these monkey & All Hat videos about Twit on YouTube were featured about 2 years in this thread. If you're interested in catching up on them, you can go back a ways in the thread.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Alapaki said:

What a bitch.

I second that motion!!!

35 minutes ago, Thrifty said:

She seems bigger every year.

But....but, didn't she give up pasta?  All those who believe this, stand on your head.  lol  sorry, couldn't resist.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, JenniofTroy said:

I wonder if Whit was one of the mean girls in school. She seems to think she is superior to everyone else, besides the fat part. We're supposed to believe her being fat is the sole reason she's not liked. I don't care if she's fat, it's her personality that is repulsive. She's a mean girl now for sure. She's the fat Regina George & she has her little minions that always agree with her. She's definitely a spoiled brat. I think people we're mean to her growing up (if that's even true) because she was mean to them.

It's so heartwarming to see that rare combination of both inner AND outer ugly.

• Love 6

We have a new site-wide policy for Previously TV:

We will no longer allow snarking on fans, period--whether they post on this site or not.  This includes responses on Facebook or other social media.  There is plenty to discuss about Whitney and those who choose to participate on the show without talking about fans.  

Any posts not following this policy will be removed.

Thanks.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

We have a new site-wide policy for Previously TV:

We will no longer allow snarking on fans, period--whether they post on this site or not.  This includes responses on Facebook or other social media.  There is plenty to discuss about Whitney and those who choose to participate on the show without talking about fans.  

Any posts not following this policy will be removed.

Thanks.

Is it still OK to quote a fan who is snarking Twit?

On 1/9/2018 at 0:07 AM, Dot said:

Here are answers to some Qs asked on the video.

? She finally revealed the Avi/Lennie timelines:

Lennie = Mar/2015 - May/2016

Avi = Sep/2016 - Mar/2017

Avi's face is blotted out becuz he didn't want to be on TV during the 8 months they dated, not becuz it was a "red flag" showing his lack of interest/fidelity.Lennie will not be appearing on the show tho he still hangs out with Twit & Co.

? The Glenn poster over her bed is intended as a joke on Hope, the photog, who will be spending the night there, with Twit taking the couch. However, Twit did spend some time stroking his face & chest, cooing over what a great daddy he is. She said she would be taking it down, then thought leaving it up would keep her life on track. She got 5 copies, none is for Babs.

? Tal the Poodle was there, of course, having been "at work all day long." So, he does have a job now, after leaving the Winston-Salem one in 2015.

? Breath smelled by Twit over 45 min: Tal's, Ollie's & Henchi's.

? The season has not been shortened; there was too much stuff, so the first 3 episodes are 2 hrs long.

? The next cruise will be in Nov with a 3rd different line. (I wonder why she doesn't stick with the same one?)

? Twit has been in therapy for nearly 3 yrs & it's "really helpful."

? BGDC is on hiatus cuz Twit is traveling so much. (Yeah, right.)

? She is "done with the radio show."

? She doesn't currently have a boy friend.

I watched the entire 45 minutes, with Twit guffawing fully 5 minutes because the Glenn poster was so amusing. You guys owe me.

Damn!!! We do owe you!!! Big time!!! But many thanks for passing along this info!!! 

There has to be something up with changing cruise lines (again?! really?!?) because don't most cruise lines give repeat travelers a discount or free upgrade or some kind of perk?? I know my ex was a lover of cruises and tried three lines before settling on Carnival because they were cheaper but also they gave a lot of perks to frequent customers. 

The thing with her dad's picture over her bed. Yeah. No. Nothing about that is cute or funny or anything but weird, creepy and disturbing. 

In therapy for nearly 3 years? Really? Are we sure it's Therapy? With an actual educated, trained, licensed therapist? Cuz I'm thinking she either got a crap therapist or is just going to pay someone to listen to her or some such nonsense. 

traveling so much! Love it. It can be a really LONG trip back and forth to the Starbucks though! Seriously. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, LordOfLotion said:

You know, that opens up a whole new area of gross here.

Well, now we know why she gained 100 pounds when she went to college. She did not have her father’s toothbrush to shove down her throat to make herself vomit. I find it amazing that she sees bulimia as an eating disorder but does not see compulsive overeating as an eating disorder. You notice, she never chose anorexia.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 9

Scene if I were writing the script:

Sweatney: Hi Mommy. Are you taking care of yourself?

Babz: Yes, Sweaty. I mean Sweetie.

S: Are you taking your meds? Doing your physical therapy?

B: Oh, no. I'm following your example. 

S: WHATTTT? mommeeeeee!

B: (Channeling Putty from Seinfeld) That's right. 

S: What do you mean?

B: it's hard to do what the doctor tells me so I'm doing what I want. I've started a movement called No Life-Limiting-Behavior Shame. It allows me to eat as much raw cookie dough as I want and to skip those pesky meds. What's the doctor know, anyway?

S: But Mommmeeeee! I need you to stay healthy! I quit The Fitness Marshall Tour for you! Wait---why are you wearing only panties? And who's that sexting you?

B: Never you mind. That's my fuckbuddy, Bob. He has a big penis. 

S: Ewwwwww! That's... immoral!

B: Don't slut shame me, Sweatney. Now go get me a spoon and that cookie dough package. Oh wait, first help me take a trashy selfie for Bob. Also don't judge me but I'm taking classes on being a sister wife. Free Love, honey. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, AUJulia said:

Scene if I were writing the script:

Sweatney: Hi Mommy. Are you taking care of yourself?

Babz: Yes, Sweaty. I mean Sweetie.

S: Are you taking your meds? Doing your physical therapy?

B: Oh, no. I'm following your example. 

S: WHATTTT? mommeeeeee!

B: (Channeling Putty from Seinfeld) That's right. 

S: What do you mean?

B: it's hard to do what the doctor tells me so I'm doing what I want. I've started a movement called No Life-Limiting-Behavior Shame. It allows me to eat as much raw cookie dough as I want and to skip those pesky meds. What's the doctor know, anyway?

S: But Mommmeeeee! I need you to stay healthy! I quit The Fitness Marshall Tour for you! Wait---why are you wearing only panties? And who's that sexting you?

B: Never you mind. That's my fuckbuddy, Bob. He has a big penis. 

S: Ewwwwww! That's... immoral!

B: Don't slut shame me, Sweatney. Now go get me a spoon and that cookie dough package. Oh wait, first help me take a trashy selfie for Bob. Also don't judge me but I'm taking classes on being a sister wife. Free Love, honey. 

OMG, @AUJulia, you're killin' me ? -- Babs' "Sweatie" for "Sweetie" & all the rest of your script! LOLOLOLOL

• Love 6
On 1/12/2018 at 8:53 PM, Maggienolia said:

In therapy for nearly 3 years? Really? Are we sure it's Therapy? With an actual educated, trained, licensed therapist? Cuz I'm thinking she either got a crap therapist or is just going to pay someone to listen to her or some such nonsense. 

I used to have an unstable friend who was always in therapy and once mentioned to me that she wasn't sure if her therapist was "telling me what's good for me or just saying what she thinks I want to hear".  To be honest - that much self-awareness from her surprised me.  But later - she had dinner with a former colleague who happened to be in town - they drank too much, separated, and then she followed him to his hotel room, uninvited, but they ended up having sex.  (He lived many states away and was married with children.)  The therapist's take on this was "He's obviously been pining for you for years."  After hearing this, I had to say, "Do you remember when you said . . .?"  Whit could easily have that type of therapist.  Training and licensing doesn't make someone good at their job.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, princelina said:

I used to have an unstable friend who was always in therapy and once mentioned to me that she wasn't sure if her therapist was "telling me what's good for me or just saying what she thinks I want to hear".  To be honest - that much self-awareness from her surprised me.  But later - she had dinner with a former colleague who happened to be in town - they drank too much, separated, and then she followed him to his hotel room, uninvited, but they ended up having sex.  (He lived many states away and was married with children.)  The therapist's take on this was "He's obviously been pining for you for years."  After hearing this, I had to say, "Do you remember when you said . . .?"  Whit could easily have that type of therapist.  Training and licensing doesn't make someone good at their job.

There are so many terrible therapists out there. I'm not one but my take on your former friend is she has no self esteem. Or she's a slut. Or she should avoid alcohol, or all three. 

• Love 5

I really wonder what Babs and Glenn truly think of Whitney.  I mean I imagine they are in their 70s so I wonder what they think when they see Whitney’s posts coming out of the shower or the bra picture.  I mean I know they’re use to whatever nonsense she does because she lived with them, but I wonder if they are embarrassed their friends, strangers, etc now know about Whitney’s behavior.  The more I think about Whitney’s behavior, the more I wonder if something happened to her to cause this behavior or if her delusions and enabling from others just exacerbated her true tendencies.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I really wonder what Babs and Glenn truly think of Whitney.  I mean I imagine they are in their 70s so I wonder what they think when they see Whitney’s posts coming out of the shower or the bra picture.  I mean I know they’re use to whatever nonsense she does because she lived with them, but I wonder if they are embarrassed their friends, strangers, etc now know about Whitney’s behavior.  The more I think about Whitney’s behavior, the more I wonder if something happened to her to cause this behavior or if her delusions and enabling from others just exacerbated her true tendencies.

I would bet that Babs thinks it's secretly amusing (although Whitney's weight embarrasses her - not the behavior, but the weight), and Glenn seems like he worries about the behavior but that might be because he has behaved inappropriately toward Whitney in the past and is worried he'll be found out. I have no proof of this and I'm not saying I know anything, just Glenn is a bit of a creep from what Whitney and her friends have said (although they seem to think it's normal).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

They're definitely in their early '70s. Twit threw a BD party for them in S-3 (I think). And she even ordered a cake tho, as we all know, she does not like cake. But she was FORCED to sample several cupcakes to choose a flavor. (Which gives me an opening to once again share the cake-tasting photo, my very favorite with her ski split a very close second.)

imageproxy_kindlephoto-147733440.jpg

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, Donut Bear said:

I guess the No Body Shame online store isn't doin too well  -- http://nobodyshamestore.com/

IMG_0060.JPG

Thank you Donut Bear.

I am pulling up my gift list for this coming year and will have my shopping completed before the end of the night.

Isn't my sister going to be pleased when she gets a NO BS mug for her birthday!!

2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Glenn is a bit of a creep

I would never kiss my father on the lips for any reason, and she does that every time.  Perhaps its a Southern thing.  

Edited by writerchick57
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, writerchick57 said:

I would never kiss my father on the lips for any reason, and she does that every time.  Perhaps its a Southern thing.  

Maybe for his generation and older. I know my grandparents kissed us on the lips. My dad did sometimes as well. What's NOT typical Southern: being so vulgar. 

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Hopefully that charger has more energy than she does. (Although excess body fat can also be described as stored energy, so it might be quite apropos?)

They call it a power bar. Maybe Whitney thought it was food.

• Love 9
Just now, LordOfLotion said:

They call it a power bar. Maybe Whitney thought it was food.

Hahaha that's what *I* thought it was, but then I realized it would be marketed as good nutrition and that's not something she'd approve of. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, PsychoKlown said:

When's your birthday AuntJess?

I can't remember.
I clicked on accessories, and cracked up when I saw her lying on the floor there.
Maybe it's to plug in your toaster, blender, and portable fridge.

• Love 5
Just now, ClareWalks said:

What baffles me is, I bought one of those for $5 in the Target bargain section, and it DOESN'T have a picture of Whit's fat caboose on it, so why would I spent quadruple that much on THIS shit?

Because it's ON SALE!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

What baffles me is, I bought one of those for $5 in the Target bargain section, and it DOESN'T have a picture of Whit's fat caboose on it, so why would I spent quadruple that much on THIS shit?

I think all her stuff -- frumpwear & tchotchkes alike -- were way, way overpriced like that, even when she had clearance sales. And I understand the S&H was even more costly than the merchandise. It's no wonder she's going out of business. I doubt she had much business, given the prices.

• Love 4

The point of the NoBS site is too sell the merchandise, but some of these pics are just awful.  I mean I think Whitney’s FB and Instagram are more professional and flattering.  This pic of Buddy is just poor quality and the I don’t understand why Whitney always has to make some odd face.  Also Whitney shirt looks so stretched it looks almost  see through.

573DBB7D-E33C-484B-B66B-884BA67D2F48.jpeg.418a9cee816343c8a58ebf9c063a9d94.jpeg

*So it’s clear I think this is a bad pic because a white shirt on a white background is horrible and the pic’s clarity is not very good imo.

167CBFB3-E0CF-4875-91BD-17975093EF93.jpeg.cad3e68b89e863779a5cb5b93a03b8f8.jpeg

* This pic is not good to me because I think Whitney face is too expressive or whatever you would call it.  Pics like this are not editorial, the product should be the “star” of the shot.  Also the shirt looks either stretched too much or as someone mentioned maybe it’s very thin/cheap material.  It makes the product look not that great either way, which again probably doesn’t help sales.

Edited by Irate Panda
Clarifying evaluation of the pics
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

SSSSHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I don't think she wants anyone to pick up on that. Icks-nay on the ice-pray at other ores-stays!! 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

The point of the NoBS site is too sell the merchandise, but some of these pics are just awful.  I mean I think Whitney’s FB and Instagram are more professional and flattering.  This pic of Buddy is just poor quality and the I don’t understand why Whitney always has to make some odd face.  Also Whitney shirt looks so stretched it looks almost  see through.

573DBB7D-E33C-484B-B66B-884BA67D2F48.jpeg.418a9cee816343c8a58ebf9c063a9d94.jpeg

167CBFB3-E0CF-4875-91BD-17975093EF93.jpeg.cad3e68b89e863779a5cb5b93a03b8f8.jpeg

Trigger warning next time please, I was about to eat. Lost my appetite.

• Love 4